FBC Mortgage is a mortgage specialist offering ARM and fixed-rate conventional mortgages, HARP loans, VA loans, 203(k) renovation loans, Jumbo loans, and USDA loans. Additionally, the company offers reverse mortgages. FBC Mortgage was founded in 2005 and is based in Orlando, Florida.
- FHA-Insured Reverse Mortgages
FHA-Insured Reverse Mortgages
FBC Mortgage gives borrowers access to equity in their home through FHA-insured reverse mortgages. You can use a reverse mortgage to get payouts from your current home for a number of purposes, including to purchase your retirement home. Borrower eligibility requirements include the following:
- You must occupy the property as your principal residence
- You must be at least 62 years of age (but there are protections in place by the FHA that allow a younger non-borrowing spouse to occupy the property once the borrowing spouse is no longer there)
- You must have considerable equity in your home
- You must continue to pay property taxes, insurance, HOA fees, etc.
- You must participate in reverse mortgage counseling with a HUD-approved HECM counselor
- Your income, assets, monthly living expenses, and credit history will be verified
- You must purchase hazard and flood insurance
FBC offers very limited information regarding its reverse mortgage application process, payout options, and additional products or perks like jumbo reverse mortgages or borrower discounts.
The Bottom Line
FBC Mortgage offers an impressive variety of traditional home purchase mortgages, but it’s unclear how exactly its reverse mortgage products compare to other companies’ products in the industry. We advise looking into other companies that are more forthcoming about details. If you do want more information about FBC Mortgage, you can contact one of the three specialists listed on the corporate site.