Re/Max Logo

5.8

LAST UPDATED: January 20th, 2023
Re/Max has been helping people find their homes since 1973. In those more than 40 years of experience, they have grown to be a worldwide power-house in the real estate industry. Their philosophy is to find good, hardworking agents and supply them with all the support they need to give their customers outstanding service as they search to find their dream home. Their success rate over all of those years proves that they know what they are doing and can help any customer find what they need. When people see the Re/Max balloon, they know who they are dealing with and what they can expect from their experience.

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Realtor.com Logo
#2 Realtor.com chevron_right
Apartments.com Logo
#3 Apartments.com chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Census data
  • Charts and graphs
  • Neighborhood
Since there are many factors that are a part of the decision to buy or rent a home, it is important for the customer to have access to as much information about the property as possible. The listings on Re/Max have a good amount of information about the home for sale, including all of the typical specs about the size of the home, how old it is, any special features to the home, and others like this. But the listings also include some extra information about the area the property for sale is in that is not typical for every real estate company. Each listing has the Census data for that area available to the customer. This data includes:
  • Ages of residents
  • Types of housing units (and how many)
  • Occupied vs. vacant housing data
  • Ages of surrounding homes
  • Racial breakdown
  • Average income information of residents
  • Unemployment rates
  • Building permits issued for area
All of this data is shown in charts or graphs that make it very easy for the customer to be able to understand what all of this information means. These types of graphs help customers to figure out how they will relate to the rest of the neighborhood in terms of economic and family status. Another type of information Re/Max provides their customers which is not as common is Environmental data, which can include:
  • Weather (temperature, chance of sunshine, rainfall)
  • Energy demand
  • Earthquake probability (broken down by magnitude)
This information is not necessary for the customer to know in order to make a decision, but it is nice to get to know the area of the home a little better. Another helpful addition to Re/Max listings is a list of services that are near to the property. This little box shows customers what fire department will cover their home, how close the airport is, which hospital they will use, how many retirement homes are in the area, and other similar information. By using all of these different views of the neighborhood, the customer will be able to really understand the area without having to do the research themselves.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Agents
Re/Max does a good job of providing their customers with a lot of information about each of their listings. They create a full picture of the home, property and surrounding neighborhood for the customer to really understand what they are looking at purchasing and living with. Then the customer can contact the listing agent to get more information, set-up a physical tour of the home, or begin the purchasing process. This process works and will help customers find a new home, but it is also limiting to the customers because they can only work with a Re/Max agent. Re/Max customers only have access to listings that are handled and posted by Re/Max agents. This is only a problem if the customer has their own agent or prefers to work with someone else. If the customer is okay working with a Re/Max agent, they might run into a small problem when trying to find one because there are no agent reviews available. Each agent has a profile with their standard information but there are no reviews from previous customers about their performance. These types of reviews are helpful for customers when they are trying to get a feel for the agent and see if working with them will be beneficial to both parties. Having reviews for the customers to be able to read would be especially beneficial for those customers who are moving to a different area and will not be able to meet personally with the agent throughout the entire process of buying a new home. Another way that this limitation can be a slight issue for customers is that it might limit the number or type of listings available for them to look at. For example, there are no listings that are being sold by the owner for the customer to choose from as they search properties. For the most part, working exclusively through a Re/Max real estate agent would only be a slight problem for some customers.

The Bottom Line

Re/Max has been helping customers find their new dream home for over 40 years. That amount of experience has helped them create a system that works well and can help any customer. Their agents across the country are trained in all aspects of real estate to give their customers the best service to quickly find their new place. If a customer wants more help in this process, Re/Max is a good choice with all of their resources.

Life of Frog South Bend, IN

I cannot say enough good things about Re/Max! Our agent, Linda J, was absolutely the best realtor we have ever worked with! She took her time, showed us dozens of homes all over several counties in the area we were looking to relocate to, and never used any high pressure tactics to sell. She was patient, kind, and understanding. Any question we had, she quickly got us an answer. She helped us find our current home that we happily purchased and are living in now. Re/Max was easy to work with and easy to complete the closing paperwork. The app is great because it will forward any house you want to see straight to your agent who will then arrange for you to see the property!

Natalie

The website is very user friendly and the information is thorough. However, after contacting an actual agent I determined he was incompetent. There were so much disastrous communication. His only interest was to earn money and skipped over all of my questions and concerns. A simple conversation could have resolved the problem. Their agents have plenty of room to improve.

Who Knows

Remax were an amazing reality company to work with. My agent helped assist me with selling my home. The whole process was very smooth. Highly recommended!

Mario Martin Huntsville, TX

Finding the right home is stressful enough. There were several concerns my wife and I had during the home buying process. After careful consideration we contacted a Re/Max professional realtor. We both (my wife and I) made an appointment to meet at the Re/Max realtors office. Immediately we were met with the most incredible and enthusiastic person. Sitting with the Re/Max professional having all of our questions and/or concerns answered gave us both an unbelievable sense of calm that made the home buying experience not so intimidating. We were able to find our perfect home while being educated and informed about the areas of our particular interest. The more time we spent with our Re/Max realtor, the easier the process became. I have never imagined that Re/Max would emphasize so much reliable, knowledgeable, and patience into our family's relocation efforts. It's been years since that first experience, and the Re/Max experience has long since made a very special and personal impression on my family.

Raina Manchester, NH

They were pretty good . My house sold and the commission was typical. Not bad.

Rebekah Cothren Fleetwood, NC

I don’t know what I would have done without this company. I was about to lose my house and they helped me sell it very quickly and for more money than I thought it was worth. They were compassionate and understanding and support supportive.

Yooper Colorado Colorado Springs, CO

We have used Remax as our realtor company for the sale of our previous home and the purchase of the home we currently live in. The lady we used sold our previous home for $15,000 more than we were asking and during a snowstorm in Colorado. Then she helped us find our current home, caused the homeowner to sell it to us cheaper than we had intended on paying and helped us move in. I would recommend her/Remax to anyone.

Briana Kaufman Scranton, PA

Very big variety of homes for sale. They give you A LOT of options. However there should be a filter to limit what homes in Pennsylvania will take the FHA that way we aren't bothering the realtor with a million different properties.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

I have a friend that works for them and they're so helpful! He's been able to get my friend their new home and work with them every step of the way. He's currently looking into helping me get a building to run my music academy. Definitely good rates and customer service!

courtney tennant Salem, VA

Re/Max has lots of separately owned offices with each office having top of the line managers and leaders. I have always used Re/Max to help show me homes in person because the agents truly care about fitting your needs and schedule.

Jeff Reyes Seattle, WA

What I like about you remax is the low rate and also knowledgeable staff, when knowing what to buy

Moses F. Chandler, AZ

Re/Max has provided great service, for our family and friends. Re/Max has a support system in place that had a, Commitment to Excellence . To it's customers by the professional staff they have in place. We recommend their Realty services. Re/Max has a high rate of success, for it's customers. We enjoyed a great experience, & had success with our ReMax agent

JJ Jenkins Phoenix, AZ

We have used TeMax to search for homes or apartments for areas that we would be relocating to live. The site is easy to navigate and provides up-to-date listings including photos, home amenities, neighborhood maps and statistics, and Information about schools. It also provides a typical payment for the house you are choosing and typically utility bills.

Heidi warr Tucson, AZ

Re Max was amazing with my home buying experience. They were great to answer all my questions and were very accommodating.

Vanessa Rohrs Springfield, MO

I find it to be a lackluster and pointless place to look. I can find the information elsewhere and their site is not visually inviting or offering anything that makes me want to use them to search for homes.

Irma Pastrana Houston, TX

I have worked with Remax for more than 15 years, I always go back to Jay H for my realtor need, his expertise and dedication is above and beyond of what you can expect!

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I've been in the market for a home for the past few months and have used a TON of real estate sites; overall, I really do think that Re/Max was the best and the easiest to use. I loved the site layout and their customer support, five stars.

Carmen hines Grand Rapids, MI

Has alot forsale. Just not in the price range i need.

Shopman Herriman, UT

Re/Max has a nice website. It is clean and easy to navigate. I like that I can limit my search by price reduced. I also like that comparable houses show up on the bottom of my search.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

My husband and I purchased our home through Re/Max. We loved our Re/Max agent who was really patient with our first home wish list. After showing us several options that met our needs, we found our home.

KB Henrico, VA

Their realtor was helpful and devoted in assisting me to look for the house I liked.

Maggie Campbell Glen Carbon, IL

Love them so much they things in detail with the contract and legal terms for the contract in buying a home very thorough understanding

ROBESONIA PARKER Dover, PA

My daughter and I used them to buy her first house. They were very professional.

Amanda Slezak Houston, TX

They are always willing to help and get you great deals. The agents are really nice too.

Hope Barr Sawyer, MI

They lie I put 20,000 in repairs after purchase. I did not have access to papers I signed through dotloop after sale date nor did they exsplain my buyer rights. I have missed deadlines to hold the seller liable for not being truthful on my disclosure notice. They are very sneaky and do there homework to not be liable there lemon sales.

Poorboy Atlanta, GA

local agent was a con man, actually had already gave seed funds, and he essentially auctioned for lack of words my potential house by continuously contacting me and other potential customers to raise the price. unbeknownst to him 2 where my own family

Susan P Moniz Waipahu, HI

As a realtor, I find the information they provide is accurate and sufficient. I am confident to give my client the source of my information.

Chris Perez Phoenix, AZ

Re/max realtors were all very happy to help me find my dream home. They answered any and all questions I asked day or night! Thx Re/Max!

lyn riley Grand Rapids, MI

signed up to get the information they provide and never received it

Chan Mississauga, ON

Remax is a very popular company i would def tell anyone to use them to sell or look for a home the people are great and i would def recommend Remax

Alex Gohlke Franklin, MI

Great tool to search for houses! Plenty of filters to narrow choices down to exactly what you are looking for. And it even helps set up tours

upnorthwi Bellevue, WA

I've used Re/Max to search for properties in my local area. Having offices in my area, it is better than most online companies because they have a better knowledge of the inventory in my state.

Luke Swierczynski Franklin, MI

Worked with a Re/Max realtor when we bought our first home. They were super helpful and found us a home in our budget that fit all our needs.

Robin Thomas La Quinta, CA

We just purchased a home for my in-laws and our Remax agent was FABULOUS! Mary N in Marysville Wa. Just so over the top! We will be back!

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

One of my favorite real estate companies ever. So professional and knowledgeable and with just the technology needed to find a home.

Morgan Tennant Rexburg, ID

My favorite part about Re/Max is that you can find a realtor online through their website. Re/Max is very reliable.

Glenn Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

Easy to work with. Very knowledgeable staff, well prepared and cross all the t's and dot all the i's.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

Re/Max provided me all of the information I needed in a timely manner and met all of my home buying needs.

Nell Damascus, MD

Great real Estate Agents. Trusted resource for the seller and the buyer. I feel confident going with this company!

Mercita Hall Conyers, GA

They are very accurate and updated with their homes.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

Re/Max is a quick and great way to find a realtor online. They have so many locations.

Rita Revelle Lawrence, KS

They took too long fixing my camper and then the bank wanted to getg I involved and repo because I got behind int payments so I lost the vmcampwe and relax bought it

Amelia C Mobile, AL

Re/Max ads are everywhere, but truly because they are the best! Makes buying real estate a breeze.

Rakim Carpenter Tulsa, OK

The office i visit made me feel at home.

Robert Brown Moncks Corner, SC

Buying a house made easy ,this company has the best people!

Ludrick Donovan Orlando, FL

Remax seems to be the upscale type expensive type that is not typical, that is not conducive to regular buyers

Eileen Lancaster Killen, AL

Love Remax!! Easy to work with, reliable.

Debra G Cannon Largo, FL

Don't like. Experience was as if they took lessons on how to look down on people.