Buxfer Logo

anchally a Herndon, VA

I like it. Serves the purpose. It works better than mint for syncing. It works with some world wide banks as well. But I wish it has similar simplicity as mint for consolidated view.

Caryn Rance Melbourne, VIC

Buxfer has made organising our personal finances so much easier. With multiple accounts (buckets) it’s so hard to keep track and we’ve been able to set each up in the app. It also makes budgeting for once a year large bills so much easier.

Puree

Great stats and visibility on spending You can filter however you like. Tags, accounts dates etc Your tags can be as deep and pedantic as possible Very good support Resonable plans Never experienced downtime

Maxim Yushin Berlin, BE

The only reason i continue to use the app is that Buxfer can sync transactions automatically from my bank (i am in Germany). If you don't need automatic synchronisation or you know another service that works with your bank - then I highly recommend you to avoid Buxfer. minuses of the app: - the interface is very inconvenient. obviously the people who make the app don't use it - There are bugs (e.g. recently the app created a new account automatically and started synchronising new transactions there. now I have to transfer transactions manually apparently) - the lack of support. when i started using the app i created tickets for bugs and suggestions for improvements. after 4 or 5 reports i got zero replies and stopped trying to solve these problems.

Benjamin Aguillon Querétaro, QUE

Buxfer has been a gamechanger for my economy and the way I administer my finances. I even changed my bank because the old one would not let me conect my account to buxfer.

Roberto Poo Hampton Bays, NY

Buxfer has allowed me to easily budget and see all my accounts in one place. It’s so fully featured and so much more complete than other alternatives.

Mitchell Goheen Santa Fe, NM

Only financial tracking software I need--love the interface and so easy to use. Use it everyday and would recommend to anyone.

Marios S Athens, I

One of the best platform to keep track of my expenses and income. It's very useful on retail stores who don't have an automated cashier system.

Ben Poplar, TWH

Excellent software, better than the competition. Invaluable for managing all my accounts and having a consolidated view of my finances.

320PM London, ENG

Buxfer enables detailed tracking of our household spend. Tagging is particularly powerful. Tracking of investments is US focused but that's not a deal breaker.

Alejandra Hajduk Northampton, MA

I was pretty happy with it for the first year, even though it had some bugs, (somehow my accounts almost never show the actual balance but the transactions were accurate). Recently they updated their syncing system and THOUSANDS of duplicate transactions were uploaded in an instant, and every new transaction comes in twice. There is no "back" button to undo all of that, Customer support has been unresponsive and I just dont have the brain power or time to go through all my transactions of the last year to sort them out, as they are not even in order. It is a disaster. I cannot count on it to reliably keep track of my finances. Tax season turned into hell because of this.

Peter Hernes Burlington, ON

I work as a budget analyst at the college and found Buxfer very easy to use for my personal finance accounting.

Kurt Christensen Saint Paul, MN

Buxfer hits the exact sweet spot of being simple and easy to use, while still having the features that you need.

Giambattista Saporiti Palma, PM

I try many finance app, Buxfer is the onlyone that works weel with banks syncronization and give me fully customization

David L Novick Denver, CO

I have been a Buxfer client for 4 years. I had used Quicken for many years but when I switched to Chromebook I struggled to find a replacement that had similar features. There are many personal finance applications in the marketplace and I would argue many have some pretty cool features. But, many of these applications are limited in how they let a user handle their accounts and manage their finances. And, if one’s personal finances don’t fit perfectly or neatly into how that specific app wants one to manage their finances it becomes arduous and completely useless. I tried at least a half dozen apps. All were difficult to set up and use. None of them let me manage my finances the way I want. However, with Buxfer one gets the flexibility and freedom to set up accounts, tags, splits, reports and other useful tools in a way that best serves the user and their experience rather than in a way that serves the app’s. The set up process is simple and straightforward. The ability to customize the experience is hugely beneficial. The interface is clean, easy to use and easy to get the information I need to make better financial decisions. And, its team is responsive to feature requests when one finds something that could improve the product. Buxfer is not perfect. Reconciliation is difficult and there are times where they are syncing issues that I notice (usually at reconciliation) which frustrate me. As well there times where transactions cross accounts (sometimes as transfers) where reconciling the transaction in one account reconciles it in the other and this can cause reconciliation issues as well. Certainly, other apps out there serve their purposes. But, if you are looking for a personal finance application attuned to the way you manage your finances, as unique as you, rather than the way the product wants you to manage them, then Buxfer may be your solution.

Frank Largo, FL

I have been using Buxfer for over one year now and it is the best budget managing software out there. I have tried Mint and also EverDollar. I pay for the service to sync my accounts automatically and with recent platform upgrades the sync is working excellent. Past issues with the sync are gone. Investing features are not as strong as others but that is not why I use the service. I need a solid budgeting and expense tracking tool and Buxfer it is. There is a mobile app and it works great providing budget status and other functions. Check it out.

Fuzzygel Sydney, NSW

I like the expenditure tracking and the rules that automatically categorize them. However, there is absolutely ZERO customer support. I have 6-7 open tickets for weeks and there is no one actively working on them. Some involves very basic feature like 2FA as advertised on their own web site but still no one can explain how to get it working

Michael Reutov Valls, T

Amazing personal finance tool! Most comprehensive feature support.

Abbadi Abu Dhabi, AZ

Nice easy app to monitor and forecast expenses, track budgets, and much more.

Dennis Tae São Paulo, SP

Intuitive and provide valuable information about your life finance

Gabriel Nafarrate Zapopan, JAL

I like that I can keep control of my expenses. It is easy to use.

Bernard Gore West Malling, KEN

Great for combining all your accounts and expenditure into one place.

David Thomas

Was 'OK' or alright when I first started using their premium offer ($60 a year I think). But often slow to update a transaction with description ; 10 to 30 seconds, very slow for a cloud service. Then in September 2019 they changed their bank sync provider which is when the service significantly plummeted. I spent hours trying to sort out the reconciliation problems ; missing transactions, failed connections, signage round the wrong way. I asked for compensation from Buxfer (I suggested $30 refund for my time and trouble). Buxfer flatly refused anything, despite several appeals to their customer service team. Went to Paypal for support ; Paypal contacted Buxfer on my behalf, Buxfer still refused. Can't recommend a company that refuses to acknowledge poor service.

Percy Grunwald

I have been a PRO member Buxfer for 2 years and it was generally quite good during this time, but I believe that they are no longer supporting the application. Earlier on there were some minor bugs that were fixed quite promptly, but recently my bug reports have gone totally unacknowledged. A few weeks ago, my bank account sync stopped working properly and I filed a bug report. A previous bug report from a few months ago for a non-critical bug has also not received any acknowledgement. I have a feeling that they have just stopped supporting the application without notifying the paying members. It's a disappointing and low integrity way to go out.

Geoff

Do not be fooled, this will cause you all sorts of problems due the way it updates when connected to your bank. It will take the current balance from your bank and then use that balance to change the balance on the account on buxfer, which means you can have items reconciled incorrectly and Buxfer will not pick up this, it will change the actual balances going back to your orignal transaction, this makes reconcilling a real PIA. Also if you miss entering a transaction you will have no idea because the current balance will always match your bank account balance due to this.

Jennifer Malden, MA

I was really excited about Buxfer at first, because it offered features that other online services do not. However, the syncing feature stopped working for my bank, which made the product unusable. I reached out to customer service three times, and never received anything more than an automated response. After 5 weeks of failed syncs, I had no choice but to cancel my subscription; I went back to using Quicken.

Justine

My bank was on the list, but it would not load anything at all when I entered my information. Contacted Buxfer support repeatedly. Replies were slow; twice I was told to try again because they've updated the app – but I saw no difference. Eventually I lost interest and went back to using Mint. Unfortunate, because I would have really loved to give Buxfer a solid try. Unfortunately, it wasn't reliable and the support team was slow and unhelpful.

Aristide Merola Columbus, OH

Horrible experience. They do not process refunds and do not answer e-mails.