USLegal

Since 1997, USLegal has been a pioneer in making legal services more approachable, accessible, and affordable. The company is one of today's leading providers of online legal information, products, forms, and services.Its web properties include USLegal.com, USLegalForms.com, FormsPass.com, and more.

If you're looking for a state-specific form, USLegalForms.com is the largest, oldest, and most acclaimed source for downloadable legal forms on the Internet.

The Good

• Services and Legal Form Access
  • Subscription Plans
  • Form Accuracy
  • Customer Support

Services and Legal Form Access

USLegal provides businesses and individuals in need of legal documents. Whether you need documents for business or personal purposes, USLegal will most likely have something of use to you.

Attorneys founded USLegal, so you can have confidence that the documents are valid and have been used in their respective areas before.

USLegal offers documents for both business and personal legal processes. Personal documents available include:

• Real Estate Forms
  • Divorce
  • Affidavits
  • Small Claims
  • And more

US Legal offers the following business documents:

• Pre-Incorporation
  • DBA Registration
  • Construction Liens
  • And more

Subscription Plans

USLegal offers two subscription plans to those who need unlimited access to various legal forms.

The Basic plan gives users unlimited access to over 85,000 US legal forms. You can easily and quickly download personal or business use documents. You can also store any form you'd like online and print them out whenever you need them.

The Basic Plan costs $8 per month (if you sign up for the annual plan). If you choose the monthly plan, you will pay $39 per month.

USLegal's Premium plan includes all the Basic plans features plus Document Management, E-Signature, Online PDF Editor, pdfFiller, SignNow, Completion Services for Last Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Will/Health Care Directive, and 50 percent off Business/Legal Entity formation services (a discount up to $150).

The Premium plan costs $15 per month (with the annual plan). But if you choose the monthly plan, the cost jumps up to $59 per month.

Once you sign up for a subscription plan, all documents are immediately available to you to access, print, or download.

All data is stored in U.S.-based Amazon S3 data centers with military-grade physical security. Additionally, any data you send is protected with a 256-bit encryption algorithm.

You can cancel your USLegal Forms subscription at any time. There are no contract requirements and no penalties for canceling.

Form Accuracy

Each year, USLegal's expert team of lawyers and paralegals adds new forms and updates to the existing ones to ensure the industry-leading quality is maintained.

Throughout the company's 20 years in business, USLegal's team of lawyers and paralegals have been working hard to build the largest state-specific legal forms library.

Customer Support

If you need help, USLegal has a live chat feature in the site's header that connects you to a customer service representative. There is also an 877-number in the header if you prefer to call. The customer service department is available Monday–Friday 7:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m. Central Time.

The Bad

• Lack of Social Presence
  • No Free Trial
  • Individual Advice
  • Limited Educational Resources
  • Website Organization

USLegal will not file legal documents on your behalf — you will need to complete, review and file them yourself. USLegal does not provide any other legal services either. There were a few other things that are concerning regarding the USLegal service:

Lack of Social Presence

This company has been around for almost 20 years. Scores are not based on what a company's social media presence is but USLegal has less than 50 likes on Facebook. For a company that has been around as long as it has, it should have jumped on the social media band wagon long ago to get a better presence in that space.

No Free Trial

A free trial from USLegal would help potential customers feel comfortable with using their products and services. There is a money-back guarantee but those conidering using USLegal may be more willing to sign up if there were a promotional deal offering the first five documents free, for example.

It would be beneficial to both USLegal and potential customers to have a free trial available for anyone interested in using the services of USLegal.

Individual Advice

There is an Ask a Lawyer live chat feature on the USLegal site that will answer basic legal questions. However, you will not be able to speak with an attorney for personal guidance or have an attorney review your forms before you file them.

Limited Educational Resources

USLegal's website does not include any information about the accuracy of its documents or the crediblility of the advice in the legal guides and handbooks. This makes it difficult to determine that you are reading the best legal advice and purchasing the correct forms for your needs.

Website Organization

Navigating USLegal's website can be a challenge. The site layout is inconsistent, so sidebars and features may move as you click from page to page. In addition, you will not be able to click back to a previous page once you're on certain pages. This may create some additional confusion and wasted time spent looking for what you need.

The Bottom Line

If you need multiple legal forms, USLegal's package options may save you money. However, you may not save much time because you'll still have to complete, review, and file the forms yourself. If you're sure which forms you should use and familiar with the legal process, USLegal will likely meet your needs; if you could use more guidance, you may want to opt for a company that gives you access to lawyers and filing or review services.

View Best Online Legal Services Companies

3.7

Ana CA

If you order 1 form through their subscription pricing the cost is $39. The pricing is not readily transparent, as thier website FAQ suggest signing up for the subscription, printing your document then cancelling your subscription. This would leave one to believe the cost is $8 for the document , not $39. I will not use this sevice again.

Reply from USLegal

We are very sorry for the confusion caused, Ana! Please allow me to explain the pricing here. The annual price is always paid upfront and is for the users to save up to 80% as compared to monthly prices. For example: The regular monthly price for the Premium plan is $59 but it is reduced to $15 if you pay the whole 12-month sum upfront. For the Basic plan, it is $39 if paid monthly and $8 is paid annually. If you intended to use the US Legal Forms only once, we can surely cancel the autorenewal. In this case, you won’t be charged in the future and will have access to the forms and subscription benefits until its expiration date. Please let us know how to proceed, here or email your decision to [email protected] Many thanks in advance, and let's have this settled!

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Carol W Vancouver, WA

I find the marketing on their website somewhat misleading. I needed one set of forms, but when I clicked on that form, I was immediately sent to the Subscription page. Because it involved legal signatures, I signed up for the premium package for $15/month. Their site clearly states that if you decide to cancel, you can deactivate and will not be billed again. I was surprised to see an immediate credit card charge of $180 for a full year's subscription, but downloaded the first set of forms. After a week, we decided to use a realtor, and I followed the specified steps to cancel the subscription online. I did not get a confirmation of cancellation, so called them after several days and had to have a rep cancel it. The refund was for $121, not the $165 I expected, which means they charged me $59.00 for one set of documents and a month's subscription. I am not impressed.

Reply from USLegal

Carol hi! We are very sorry for any confusion/ misunderstanding caused! Just to clarify the situation: As soon as you cancel your subscription, you won’t be charged again. However, you can use your subscription up until its expiration date. Our monthly rate for a Premium Subscription is $59.00. Since you wanted to cancel, we could not offer a full refund as you had downloaded some forms by then. Therefore, we charged you for one months subscription which is $59.00, and this subscription expired a month after you started. The $15.00 rate is only available if you pay a year in advance. You get a much cheaper rate for making a one-year commitment.

May. 14th, 2021

Morgan London, ENG

USLegal is the easiest, clearest online experience you'll ever have. They offer a good example of a contract for wholesaling a property and a variety of residential and commercial property contracts. It was so easy to do, and she is so happy to have peace of mind. Thank you.

Reply from USLegal

Many thanks for your positive feedback, Morgan! Happy to serve!

May. 13th, 2021

Ryan Javakian London, ENG

I didn't know what paperwork do I have to fill out to get a guardianship for mentally ill people, and I was recommended USLegal. It was easy to use, did everything it promised to do, and really did supply me with a legal form. This has been my life saver, really! Thank you, guys!

Megan Register London, ENG

It is a great website to use. I was looking for a quitclaim deed, and I was recommended by USLegal. Thanks to this site, I am sure that I have a correct quitclaim deed that meets my specific objectives and there is no need to go to a lawyer.

nick wood London, ENG

I needed one deed a title of a property to an llc I simply used a deed template from a site like USlegal. Their deed template was professionally drafted to comply with the law. The expectation I had with this website is way beyond great.

OliviaMel Toronto, ON

I had a good experience with USLegal. It ws very easy and quick way to solve the problem with legal documents. I needed to write a legal document that would be presented in court. Here I found thousands of sample letters, letterheads and letter templates for legal questions. I liked this platform and am grateful

Shane New York, NY

All I can say about USLegal is that service is just a musthave if you are working with bunch of legal papers every day. Huge library, very friendly interface and qualified support are making best impressions about this service. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Peter Harris Bragadiru, IF

I wanted to receive a restraining order against someone and in the search, I found this store of legal forms. I can note that membership is not expensive, and I was able to succeed in a quick time. In general, it is very easy to use and understand.

andrea bennett London, ENG

This company can be trusted, they are doing what they promise. I thought that I myself could write a contract for the sale of a house, but I could not. I found this form store and made a contract very quickly and easily.

Marionsmith Zurich, ZH

Thanks so much for the templates. This site helped me create this in an instant and it is so much cheaper and just as effective as going to a lawyer. If I need any legal forms in future, I'd surely be back to this site.

Melvin Mata Santa Clara, CA

Very helpful. I needed to legally change my surname. I thought it was a very complicated process. However I found US Legal and used "State-Specific Forms for Name Change" and It was so simple and easy! If you are in need of basic docs this is good platform.

Debbie San Antonio, TX

Paid $300 for online Divorce service on 01/10/19, received an e-mail with my login information and instructions on how to complete my 2nd questionnaire. Logged on to the website and it immediately took me into the payment screen, I toggled through the website and received a message stating no forms available. Called the support number on file, waited forever and when I finally spoke to someone I was asked to e-mail a screen shot of proof of payment which I immediately did. Still no forms, all I was told is once you send the screen shot your questionnaire will be released. Next day..still nothing so I called again to support, I received confirmation my e-mail and screenshot was received and it would be forwarded to a Case Manager to again have my questionnaire released to my account and this time told it would take 3-4 business hours. I gave it 3 hours and AGAIN called in and spoke with the same person who was giving me the run around. Being that the cost was $300, this is a online service and the support team that I have been calling to failed to give me the reassurance I needed I canceled my order. After going back and forth and convincing the support team that I was dead set on canceling this order and needing a full refund I now have to wait 3-4 business days for the billing department to reach out to me in order to process my refund. I was already skeptical about using a online system to file my divorce and USLegal reassured me NOT to ever have legal documents purchased and processed online! I will post my experience on every site I can to inform others not to go this route.

Ms. Nataly TIKITIKI ,

Do not use it!!!. This service is totally fake their type of document that they file is unreadable by the court, they returned my documents because their pdfs formats were not legible. That's not all they never answer the phone so I think there is something catchy about this thing.

Reply from USLegal

Nataly hi! We apologize, we only recently saw your review and it was actually the reason why we claimed our profile here, on BestCompany. So, this took a while, apologies again. We understand that your case is from October 2020 but we are ready to investigate and settle this if you could provide more information? If you still recall which form it was, please email [email protected] Thank you! And sorry again.

May. 14th, 2021

Mary Scott ,

It was really easy. Plus, they have the most courteous and helpful staff. I anticipate using their assistance more in the future. Highly recommended.

rachel smith ,

The website is great. They have a very large and convenient library, I will retain this experience and may seek further assistance in the future.

Patty H Noblesville, IN

I can not believe you all don't even have the form or forms I need for a simple reversal in an fake adoption case or even a peition to terminate parental rights on a stepfather those forms need to be located at the self serve at the court house for pro she's also you can not tell you that you don't have them that's ridiculous 😠

Sharon Fullerton, CA

After writing to US Legal about my dissatisfaction of the response, it has since refunded me my cost.