Founded in 1996, USLegal is an online resource for obtaining state-specific legal forms. It serves the needs of attorneys, small businesses, and consumers and has more than 750,000 customers. USLegal does not provide direct legal advice but does feature a collection of legal guides and handbooks that detail laws and legal processes.

View Best Online Legal Services Companies

#1 LegalShield chevron_right
#2 LawDepot chevron_right
3.5
#3 LegalZoom chevron_right
2.4

The Good

• Personal Dcouments
  • Business Documents
  • Cost Effective Option
  • Customer Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Services

USLegal provides businesses and individuals in need of legal documents. Whether you need documents for business or personal purposes, USLegal will most likely have something of use to you. USLegal was found by Attorneys so you can have confidence that the documents are real and have been used in their respective areas before. Benefits of the USLegal platform include:

Personal Documents

USLegal offers documents for both business and personal legal processes. Personal documents available include:

• Real Estate Forms

• DBA Registration
  • Construction Liens
  • And More...

Cost Effective Option

If you're taking care of a legal process that requires several documents, the package options may be more cost-effective than purchasing the forms separately. If you opt to become a USLegal member, you'll have the option to save 10% on your order.

Customer Support

If you need help, USLegal has a live chat feature in the header of the site that connects you to a customer service representative. There is also an 877-number in the header if you prefer to call. The customer service department is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am-7:00 pm Central Time.

Money-Back Guarantee

USLegal offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can obtain a refund if you are unhappy with USLegal's forms.

The Bad

• Lack of Social Presence
  • No Free Trial
  • Individual Advice
  • Limited Educational Resources
  • Website Organization

USLegal will not file legal documents on your behalf - you will need to complete, review and file them yourself. USLegal does not provide any other legal services either. There were a few other things that are concerning regarding the USLegal service:

Lack of Social Presence

This company has been around for almost 20 years. Scores are not based around what a company's social media presence is but USLegal has less than 50 likes on Facebook. For a company that has been around as long as it has, it should have jumped on the social media band wagon long ago to get a better presence in that space.

No Free Trial

A free trial from USLegal would help potential customers feel comfortable with using their products and services. There is a money back guarantee but something like your first 5 documents free would help those considering USLegal to actually make the jump forward in using their services. It would be beneficial to both USLegal and potential customers to have a free trial available for anyone interested in using the services of USLegal. Offering a free trial will allow those interested in the service offered by USLegal to use it risk free which in return will help those interested to use their service.

Individual Advice

There is an Ask a Lawyer live chat feature on the USLegal site that will answer basic legal questions. However, you will not be able to speak with an attorney for personal guidance or have an attorney review your forms before you file them.

Limited Educational Resources

USLegal's website does not include any information about how up-to-date or accurate their documents are, or how credible the advice in the legal guides and handbooks is. This makes it difficult to determine that you are reading the best legal advice and purchasing the correct forms for your needs.

Website Organization

Navigating USLegal's website can be a challenge. The site layout is inconsistent, so sidebars and features may move as you click from page to page. In addition, you will not be able to click back to a previous page once you're on certain pages. This may create some additional confusion and time spent looking for what you need.

The Bottom Line

If you need multiple legal forms, USLegal's package options may save you money. However, you may not save much time because you'll still have to complete, review and file the forms yourself. If you're sure which forms you should use and familiar with the legal process, USLegal will likely meet your needs; if you could use more guidance, you may want to opt for a company that gives you access to lawyers and filing or review services.

View Best Online Legal Services Companies

4.1

Megan Register

March 28th, 2020 London, ENG DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a great website to use. I was looking for a quitclaim deed, and I was recommended by USLegal. Thanks to this site, I am sure that I have a correct quitclaim deed that meets my specific objectives and there is no need to go to a lawyer.

nick wood

March 26th, 2020 London, ENG DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed one deed a title of a property to an llc I simply used a deed template from a site like USlegal. Their deed template was professionally drafted to comply with the law. The expectation I had with this website is way beyond great.

Mary Scott

March 19th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was really easy. Plus, they have the most courteous and helpful staff. I anticipate using their assistance more in the future. Highly recommended.

rachel smith

March 13th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The website is great. They have a very large and convenient library, I will retain this experience and may seek further assistance in the future.

andrea bennett

March 13th, 2020 London, ENG DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company can be trusted, they are doing what they promise. I thought that I myself could write a contract for the sale of a house, but I could not. I found this form store and made a contract very quickly and easily.

Marionsmith

March 8th, 2020 Zurich, ZH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks so much for the templates. This site helped me create this in an instant and it is so much cheaper and just as effective as going to a lawyer. If I need any legal forms in future, I'd surely be back to this site.

Melvin Mata

March 2nd, 2020 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful. I needed to legally change my surname. I thought it was a very complicated process. However I found US Legal and used "State-Specific Forms for Name Change" and It was so simple and easy! If you are in need of basic docs this is good platform.

OliviaMel

February 21st, 2020 Toronto, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a good experience with USLegal. It ws very easy and quick way to solve the problem with legal documents. I needed to write a legal document that would be presented in court. Here I found thousands of sample letters, letterheads and letter templates for legal questions. I liked this platform and am grateful

Shane

October 8th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All I can say about USLegal is that service is just a musthave if you are working with bunch of legal papers every day. Huge library, very friendly interface and qualified support are making best impressions about this service. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Sharon

September 6th, 2019 Fullerton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After writing to US Legal about my dissatisfaction of the response, it has since refunded me my cost.

Patty H

July 19th, 2019 Noblesville, IN

I can not believe you all don't even have the form or forms I need for a simple reversal in an fake adoption case or even a peition to terminate parental rights on a stepfather those forms need to be located at the self serve at the court house for pro she's also you can not tell you that you don't have them that's ridiculous 😠

Debbie

January 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid $300 for online Divorce service on 01/10/19, received an e-mail with my login information and instructions on how to complete my 2nd questionnaire. Logged on to the website and it immediately took me into the payment screen, I toggled through the website and received a message stating no forms available. Called the support number on file, waited forever and when I finally spoke to someone I was asked to e-mail a screen shot of proof of payment which I immediately did. Still no forms, all I was told is once you send the screen shot your questionnaire will be released. Next day..still nothing so I called again to support, I received confirmation my e-mail and screenshot was received and it would be forwarded to a Case Manager to again have my questionnaire released to my account and this time told it would take 3-4 business hours. I gave it 3 hours and AGAIN called in and spoke with the same person who was giving me the run around. Being that the cost was $300, this is a online service and the support team that I have been calling to failed to give me the reassurance I needed I canceled my order. After going back and forth and convincing the support team that I was dead set on canceling this order and needing a full refund I now have to wait 3-4 business days for the billing department to reach out to me in order to process my refund. I was already skeptical about using a online system to file my divorce and USLegal reassured me NOT to ever have legal documents purchased and processed online! I will post my experience on every site I can to inform others not to go this route.