incfile.com Logo

incfile.com

5.1

Headquartered in Houston, Texas, incfile.com makes registering a company a simple and straightforward process. In addition to helping businesses get registered, incfile.com offers a full suite of startup services, such as banking and bookkeeping.

Since its inception in 2004, incfile.com has assisted over 250,000 entrepreneurs and small business owners. Whether you’re starting an LLC, S Corp, C Corp, or other business entity, incfile.com’s mission is to provide you with a superior and modern experience.

The Good

• Free LLC Filing
  • Business Resources and Tools
  • Company Transparency

Free LLC Filing

While most other companies in the industry often charge a filing fee and a state fee, incfile.com offers business owners free LLC filing. Keep in mind, however, that you will still have to pay the state fee.

Additionally, all infile.com’s packages include a full year of registered agent service (a requirement for all LLCs), free business tax consultation, lifetime customer support, online access to incorporation documents, next business day processing, and more.

Business Resources and Tools

Entering the business industry requires entrepreneurs to know every little detail about their company. To make this easier, incfile.com provides a list of the most popular business resources and tools available. Consumers will find state-by-state filing times and prices, ongoing filing and compliance requirements, state-by-state guides for forming an LLC, state-by-state guides to forming a corporation, complete details on registered agents and their function and more.

To find this information, consumers can visit incfile.com’s website and select the Learning Center tab.

Company Transparency

incfile.com prides itself on dedicating time and effort to each of its clients. The company strives to keep clients up-to-date throughout the entire process and makes clients aware of any additional post-filing fees.

The state you reside in will determine state fees. For example, according to incfile.com, Nevada has very “expensive fees that are due within a close proximity of an entity being filed.”

The company strongly urges consumers to use its website to look up your state’s filing fees and any annual costs and requirements.

The Bad

• Mixed Reviews
  • Cancellation Policy

Mixed Reviews

There are a number of favorable reviews on BestCompany.com for incfile.com, but occasionally, consumers will come across a review that does not favor the company.

The number one complaint of these negative reviews are about incfile.com’s customer service. Many consumers complained that they tried calling and emailing the company, but their messages went unanswered.

However, several reviews praise the company for its customer service.

Cancellation Policy

Incfile.com does not offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee (something many competitors do). Instead, incfile.com charges a $30 cancellation fee.

Additionally, the company will only issue a refund if you request it before submitting your payment to the state (which is generally sent within 24 hours of placing an order).

The Bottom Line

incfile.com is great for anyone looking to start a company on a strict budget. The company offers free filing (plus the state fee), and when compared to other companies in the industry, this is extremely affordable. However, this company may not be for you if you plan on relying heavily on incfile.com’s customer service (as several clients felt their questions and needs went unanswered). But overall, we recommend incfile.com for its LLC services.

3.9

Tyronny Melendez The Bronx, NY

Incfile is the best all around in so many ways i used them twice and so have a few people i know and here is why...So as many of you know there's alot of other companies like zenbusiness and legalzoom but here is the catch they charge way too much for them same services and take much longer to send you everything plus they charge a higher fee than the state requires you to pay for your LLC which makes no sense... i filed with incfile twice and both times the process was seamless and received my papers thru email pdf form within 2-3 days and then another 3 days to get the actual physical papers in the mail with regular shipping nothing expedited so in a week I had everything done unlike legalzoom that tells their customers 30 days or 15 days if you pay a huge premium, i would always choose incfile every time and continue to recommend them they won't disappoint at all and their customer service response is quick i misspelled the LLC name the first time i got a LLC and i reached out to them right after and got it fixed no issue whatsoever they responded to me within minutes :)

cookie0203 Grand Rapids, MI

What I dislike most - they charged my credit card without my knowledge. They never answered the phone when I called. had to change my credit card to ensure no future charges. What a mess and scam. Nothing good to say....

william mcnamara Santa Monica, CA

William Mcnamara Feb 17, 14:03 CST Mannie is excellent. He is the best thing about your company. Mannie is the only person who would call me and fix all the problems. I never give reviews or ratings because I don't have the time which is why I'm a little disappointed in the miscommunications with incfile. I've just recently opend TWO LLC's with you guys as well as making a business partner use incfile. Again, Mannie is awesome

LARRY B Venetia, PA

Overall the entire process was great with one exception, under no circumstances waste any money with their virtual address service. It is NOT a reliable mail service. Basically, they lease empty unused unstaffed office space, then have a courier come maybe once or twice a week to pick up mail strewn on the floor. Then its sent to Houston, TX, then if its important finally mailed back to you weeks later. NO way!!

Hana Ahmed-Daahir Obock, OB

Quick responses, effective communication & highly knowledgeable.

Michael Williams Castle Rock, CO

incfile.com was able to turn around a quick task within 24-hours! Thanks!

Panchajanya Paul Atlanta, GA

worst service. I have been trying to reach them and left numerous messages but they will not reply. I got their virtual address service for my business. But now i have my own office space and want to use my office address. Incfile, will not allow me change my address, and continue to charge my credit card 29.99 for their address service. i feel like trapped by them and don't know whom to ask to stop this . Please help me, as Incfile customer care will not help...

Bill Chen ,

It is a very good company with excellent service. I really like it very much.

Incfile customer Thousand Oaks, CA

I was intimidated about creating a corporation on my own, so, I hired Incfile to do it for me. I thought it would be worth the money to save me the headache of doing it myself. After submitting my application and paying the fee, Incfile stopped communicating with me about the process. Fast forward 4 weeks, no word from Incfile or the Sec of State. I called Incfile for an update and they told me that my first application was rejected 2 weeks ago and resubmitted right away. Ok. I called again 1 week later and the second application was rejected. They gave me no indication why this happened or how to resolve it. I then called the Sec of State office and they explained in 2 minutes exactly what happened and how I can easily fix it. Why couldn't Incfile do it right the first or the second time? Luckily, they are not corrupt. They admitted they didn't do the job properly and returned all of my money. The only thing I lost in this process was my time. I hope whoever reads this goes straight to the Sec of State rather than paying extra for this needless service.

Grass Seekers Durham, NC

Quick and easy to get information about the service

Randy Harris Ellijay, GA

IncFile, LLC is absolutely the Best. Deziree' handled our request and answered all of our questions and was excellent to work with! If you are looking for help with setting up your company, look no further, you will not be dissapointed!

M.Hamilton Los Angeles, CA

Long story short I was in a time crunch to open my company so, I came to incfile.com again and, after a brief mix up Mannie was able to rectify the situation and, get me what I needed. I was starting to have second thoughts about using the service anymore...Now I will be back appreciate the service.

Bill Tenny-Brittian Columbia, MO

I needed some customizing of the agreement and they took care of it on the same biz day. Awesome!

Frantz Jerry Normil Atlanta, GA

I have used Inc file before and I never experienced any issues. My last order was a little bit more complicated but the customer service rep, Mannie, was really helpful. He answered our questions quickly and made sure we got exactly what we needed for corporation documents.

Adried

Great company, really informative and their plans are very complete. You can rely on them duing the hole process,t hey will assist you in any inconvinience may occur, which for me is really important!

Nikki Portland, OR

They are a great company to work with. When I have a question they provide quick, reliable information. Recently I needed a change to my LLC and they took care of it right away for me. I'm very happy with them!

Sam el bedewi Hayward, CA

I have been dealing with incfile for almost 5 months now, im satisfied with their service as well as after sales customer service, they respond on time and provides accurate feedback.

Chad Glendale, AZ

I recently discovered incfile online and was glad to see the variety of resources offered. I began filling my articles of organization by myself but when I found that incfile would do it and provide not only a statutory agent but a virtual address, I was all in. Thanks to incfile for getting it together enough to get it together for me!

Mayer Schwartz Monsey, NY

this company gives you the best costumer service and is especially good for one who doesn't have a lot experience in opening corporations

Leah Norwalk, CT

Samual was extremely helpful & made my experience better!

Tom Oceanside, CA

Great working with Mannie on getting my application fixed after I made a mistake on our new company name. Super fast response time and understanding our need to change the name.

Paul Sabo El Mirage, AZ

Inc responds quickly to requests. Have used them several to times. Best prices as well.

Bonnie Fountain Valley, CA

I got professional advice, quick response, and great support from incfile.com. I really appreciate that.

Rollin Crittendon Brighton, MA

Incfile was nothing but helpful to me this past week. I wanted to dissolve and LLC, and had that on auto-renew. After auto-renew kicked in I reached out to Incfile to dissolve and get a refund for the auto-renew. They did everything, smooth as butter, no problems! I have also found their UI really pleasant, so kudos on that too!

kunal chheda Medford, MA

Customer oriented. BIased for action when I needed help from the team.

IEVGEN RAZORONOV Clearwater, FL

I have registered my company through incfile. It was easy and straightforward process. when time came to cancel their assistance in managing it, incfile representative Santiago did process my request almost immediately without any unnecessary questions. Thank you, Santiago. Great service

Justin Middletown, DE

I am a huge fan of efficiency and Santiago displayed just that handling all my inquiries by phone/email from start to finish Santiago and peers at Incfile.com absolutely strive to provide exceptional sercice. 💯

Armand New York, NY

Great Support team, when you send an email you get a reply the same date! Another thing is the Virtual Address is $30/month, something to take into account!

Mouli Laurel, MD

I am pleased with Incfile services since the incorporation of my business 10 years ago. The services such as registered agent, maintenance of website and email services are easy to use. Their customer service is prompt and efficient.

Oluwatosin Oderinde Brooklyn, NY

Great experience! Super service delivery.

Gerardo Rivera Katy, TX

I needed to cancel my renewal, due to inactivity on the new biz. Julian took care of it immediately. He sent me confirmation of the cancellation and the reimbursement to my bank account in less than an hour. That's service. I highly recommend using IncFile! GR. Houston, TX

Richard Beetschen Hatfield, PA

Was the easiest time I had creating an LLC. They did all the work and best of all, it was done in less than 3 days. Talk about quick. Will definitely be telling my friends who are looking to start/create an LLC.

Ather Iqbal

Very professional and great people to work with. I was sort of lost and worried about setting up my LLC till the time I called them and it took like half an hour to do the things with their great help and support... bravo

Peter Seiling, OK

After reviewing many other options to form a new company, Incfile.com offered a complete step-by-step easy to understand process at an affordable price. when I had questions, the support team was there to reply in a professional and quick response.

Allen zhang Cupertino, CA

customer service like nothing. poorly designed website forms that you have no way to input information if you are a foreign company. I doubt this incfile.com is owned by an individual who has a side hustle.

Ulla jakobsen Huntington Beach, CA

I called this company for some information/inquiry about their services and to see if they were a good match for me and my startup. Andrew helped me and was refreshingly easy to communicate with. He answered All my questions in a professional manner and had great knowledge about the silver package I was inquiring about. I received Wonderful service.

Anthem Gun Aether Huntington Beach, CA

Just wanted to take a moment to compliment Deziree that took my call the other day. She is extremely knowledgeable, has ZERO "sales person" in her presentation, you can tell she smiles through the call and while sharing knowledge and because of how amazing she was on the phone, I decided to switch from using Legalzoom (they are a great company too, I just wanted to try a new company and Deziree was the motivating factor...) BECAUSE of Deziree. Please honor her amazing representation of your Brand by recognizing her great presence on the phone to help us customers. She's amazing! (sending a copy of my order to your co!) Happy to have found your company and to have met such a great young lady on the phone that CARES about her job and about customers.

Ryan S Gerenstein Homer Glen, IL

I worked with Andrew B., he has been one of the most helpful reps I have worked with period!! He spent whatever time I needed to assist me in filing my LLC, was always available and very nice! I couldn't recommend them more, plus they were priced better than everyone else!! Thanks again IncFile and especially Andrew B.!

Kathryn J. Spring, TX

As a new business owner, I was lost as to what to do or where to start. I did not have much money to start the business so finding a low costing but reliable service was important to me. After researching I came across Incfile and spoke with their staff. They were very helpful and very informative about the entire process. I placed my order and had my LLC filed faster than they quoted to me. Thank you Incfile for your help and for the services you provide!

Michael H. Abingdon, MD

Easy and great, I am thankful I chose incfile from the other websites

Don F. Alexandria, VA

Very impressed with the thorough explanation and support i've received from incfile! The whole process has been easy and seamless!

Ryan Beverly Hills, CA

THE GOOD. Relatively cheap and easy to file a basic company. THE BAD. The add on services are overpriced. Support is hard to find. THE UGLY. They will automatically renew as your agent the next year. No way to turn this off on the website, also no way to deactivate your credit card so be prepared to get an auto renewal whether you want to or not.

Graziela Villegas Austin, TX

Great customer service and support. Made the process very simple.

RAED ABDEL LATIF Tracy, CA

Very bad service, layer , I don't recommend anyone to deal with.

sam Centreville, VA

I signed up with Incfile last Nov and I didn't know about free registered Agent at that time and now I needed help and I can't get the service and I already paid in Nov $250 for the service and I stayed on the phone with support for like an hour and they refused to help , is there any way I can talk to someone ? The person on the phone told me that I had to choose the free registered agent while signing in Nov , whats the big of giving me the service 6 months later , I told him that Incfile will lose me as a customer and all my referrals , he was like I understand . Funny thing is that when you go to their website you only see 5 stars reviews I'm sure they all fake as I tried to put one but I could not

Cesar Laredo, TX

A really good company with an amazing customer support that will help you with any inconvenience.

Phil Mrzyglocki Melbourne, FL

Incfile.com has possibly one of the best and most responsive customer service departments I've ever worked with, not just in their industry, but in general. 10/10.

Dewayne Norfolk, VA

The support that they gave me was a quick and a timely manner

Crystal Puyallup, WA

OVER-PRICED and TO SLOW for the money they charge. Confusing Packages on their website mislead first time users. For Less Money found much better websites that were much easier to use and straight forward that included everything including bylaws for a C-Corp.

Paul New York, NY

Desperately poor service, which we believe endangered us as a professional services provider. Paid to register NY company. Were advised that the name was not available. Searched NYS DoS, no existing or former entity reflected. Could not understand source of problems. Suggested different name. We agreed new name. 3 weeks go by, dead silence except a spam storm of special offers from insurance to hosting to tax service, etc. spamming up a working email. Customer service email interface ridiculous, as top 2/3 of screen are taken up by form text. Long story short, apparently they were seeing a registration screen that they never shared until we complained after realizing that nothing was on its way to us. In my opinion as a licensed attorney, this "service" is simply dangerous to a licensed professional services provider.