Since 1958, Brandman University has been serving the unique needs of adult students by providing access to a quality education consistent with the needs of their busy lives. Brandman University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificates, teaching credentials and extended education programs online and at campuses throughout California and Washington. Every year over 12,000 students per session enjoy convenient class times.
Brandman was named among the Best Online Business Programs and Best Online Education programs by U.S. News & World Report. In addition, U.S. News named Brandman among the top 10 undergraduate programs in the nation. Brandman University is a part of the Chapman University System founded in 1861. U.S. News and World Report ranks Chapman a Top School in America's Best Colleges 2012. Chapman University is accredited by, and a member of, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Diverse Programs
- Fresh Start Program
- Multiple Degrees
Brandman University combines face to face instruction with online learning. This provides students with the option to best learn in an environment that suits their educational and professional needs. Brandman University offers programs varying in subject manner including: Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education, Nursing and Health Professions, and Extended Education.
Brandman is a nonprofit university that offers a lot of services to the military population and their spouses. They also offer varied courses in education and continued learning including:
- Multiple active duty military programs such as Troops to Teachers and SOC,(Service members Opportunities College) which protects their credits and degree progress
- Programs that satisfy nine different teaching credentials
- Extended learning courses which can be taken for credit or audit
Fresh Start Program
Brandman University also offers a "Fresh Start" program for those who did not do well academically in the past but are now serious about their education. This is a great program for those who are now ready to gain an education and not be punished for past poor performance that for many was several years ago.
The university offers one associate's degree, 35 bachelor's, 38 masters, 16 graduate certificates and 7 doctoral degrees. They offer many services to the active military community to help them continue their education while deployed. The also offer services and financial aid to the spouses of the active military.
Brandman University offers varying degrees and certificates in Education, Business and Science. For many working professionals the tight calendar of course work could be a challenge along with the cost. Concerns of current and former students include:
- Fast-Pace Schedule: Each course is on an 8-16 week schedule. This might be a challenge for the full time professional or the active military personnel.
- Tuition Fees: The cost per credit hour for undergraduate course work is $500, for graduate it is $600, for doctorate of education it is $915 and for a doctorate in nursing it is $1,040. (There is about a 50% reduction in cost for active military personnel and their spouses.)
Working professionals should also be aware that a credit for life experience option is not available. Some online programs will allow students to take assessment exams and test out of certain courses so they do not have to repeat coursework or pay for credits regarding knowledge they have already obtained.
The Bottom Line
Brandman University should be considered by anyone interested in earning a degree in the business, education, or nursing fields. There are also many graduate certificates available and many different teaching credentials available.
Prospective students interested in applying to Brandman University will need to complete the following steps prior to enrollment:
- Create an online account
- Fill out application
- Submit answers and responses to questions accurately
- Identify which program you wish to pursue