MI Windows and Doors

5.0

Jack Becke Lake Havasu City, AZ

The technician, Grady, did an excellent job expediting the window replacement and installation. Very satisfied with the overall job!

Natalia S Bartlett, IL

Buyer beware!!! We have MI windows and they are terrible. When it is cold out in the winter, we have ice on the inside of the windows. Now we have mold forming from the ice and water on the inside of the windows. The house is Just 4 years old and we feel drafts next to the windows. A my customer service is the worst, telling us this is all normal when it's cold out. No it is not normal, we had new windows in our previous home and never had any of these issues. Do not buy!!

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

Window condensation does occur in energy efficient windows. We have articles about this on our website with suggestions on what you can do to alleviate it. I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble with the service team. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Can you please email me at [email protected] with your contact information so I can help? Thank you.

Feb. 26th, 2021

Jen Johnson Tampa, FL

We just dropped $30k on new MI windows. 1) We order sculptured grids but windows were delivered without 2) MI sent a contracted company out to apply the grids... the guy cut and applied the wrong grids (flat and the thickness of cardboard) to the window. The grids he did apply were cut using a razor knife (shoddy cuts) and over 80% of the grids were cut too small leaving gaps... ie grids don't even meet up to the window edge... we tried to dump the windows back to dealer but they advised MI would handle... meanwhile MI has yet to send anyone out. We reported this a MONTH AGO!

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

I’m so sorry to hear this happened. Please email us at [email protected] so I can get your contact info and help.

Dec. 11th, 2020

AMAC Chadds Ford, PA

Mi windows are worst windows and frames you could buy and install. Builders are choosing this product because it's cheap. Even new windows leak very bad. We are 50 house community every house had issues with in first 5-6 years an average. Spend your money with other good company. Issues:BAD Leadk Drift Frames will not hold the shape- gap between frame and window. Workmanship

Llandvogt Columbus, OH

Nice selection, decent cost, quick install and efficient crew

Patrick Little Chestnutridge, MO

missing a screen... no response in 9 months. adhesive dribbled between glass layers. customer service didn't care

ROBERT NOLAND Homosassa, FL

The light transmittance could be a bit better

Donna Clauss Albuquerque, NM

The service was excellent. Our guy was professional, knowledgeable and courteous.

Gina Asheville, NC

They stand behind their warranty. I had a problem with a seal on several windows and 15 years later they replaced them

Stacey Barnes Hernando, FL

They claim they are on time! 1. Right now they are 4 weeks behind on my job with one plate glass window. 2. On two custom 10 foot sliders which have 3 glass panels, one panel on each set, the locks are on the outside! Oooh, how safe is that!?

Matt R Lititz, PA

I would give 0 stars if I could! My home was built in 2003. 75% of my window seals are bad and windows are fogged up. I would run from any home that has MI windows. The warranty does not apply to me because I am the second owner and bought the home when it was 1 year old.

Diana Saint Thomas, PA

MI windows are the worst! Do not buy a house with these windows unless you can afford to replace them. The windows look like they have oil in them I am assuming because the seal goes bad. Do not , open the windows because the plastic dry rots. I could go on but, I won’t. Beware of these windows.

Louis J T Pleasantville, NY

Overall extremely satisfied with the window and the follow up visit by a technician.

J wentroble Naples, FL

They do not lock and some of them do not open all the way