LAST UPDATED: February 24th, 2020
Shapiro MD’s triple action hair care solution was developed in January 2011 by dermatologists Steven D. Shapiro, MD and Michael T. Borenstein, MD, PhD. Together they created a line of products that have naturally occurring DHT blockers that are both safe and effective. The purpose behind starting this company in the men's health and wellness industry was to help people to have thicker, healthier, and fuller hair that they could feel confident about
Shapiro MD finasteride, minoxidil, shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in foam work to fight DHT to ensure that your hair follicles can continue to grow healthy hair. If you have experienced thinning or male pattern baldness, Shapiro MD products have the potential to help you in the hair regrowth process.
- Shapiro MD for Men
- Shapiro MD for Women
- Shapiro MD Ingredients
- Shapiro MD Custom Hair Evaluation
- Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
- No Surgery or Transplant Required
Shapiro MD for Men
As you are looking for a hair loss product to help slow your male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) or hair thinning, it is important to find products that are meant specifically for males. Products for men and women are made differently and offer different results. The following products have been made specifically for male customers experiencing hair loss:
- Finasteride — This medication is supposed to be taken once each day and in clinical trials was found to slow the progression of hair loss in 86 percent of men. Finasteride (known by the generic name Propecia), is the only FDA-approved pill to help treat male pattern baldness. Though it has been proven to be most effective for treating a receding hairline, if can also help with the regrowth of hair on the scalp.
- Hairbiotic — This medication helps to strengthen your hair from the inside out. It works to deliver Beta Glucans to your gut to help you maintain a healthy gut. The residual effects of this include improved absorption of nutrients that support hair health and can therefore improve hair quality; support immune system modulation; promote better intestinal absorption of Biotin, Omega-3, Magnesium, and Vitamins D, C, and A; restore proper gut balance; and support healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Leave-In Daily Foam — The Shapiro MD Leave-In Daily Foam is to be used once each day at morning or night. It was designed to be used in conjunction with the Shapiro MD Shampoo and Conditioner and helps to provide greater hair thickness, fullness, and overall health.
- Shampoo — This shampoo contains the three natural active ingredients (listed below) that help block the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is considered one of the main causes of hair loss. This specific shampoo can be used by both men and women and contains no sulphates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, or toxins.
- 5% Minoxidil Serum — This topical solution is meant to be used by men who have experienced thinning hair on the top of the scalp (the vertex). It is not meant to help treat a receding hairline or frontal baldness. It has been clinically proven as a hair regrowth treatment and should not be used by women.
All of these products are available for purchase online and depending on the season, you are likely to find one or more of them on sale. Bundle pricing is available for some products if you plan to use more than one.
- The Natural Kit — This kit comes with the shampoo, conditioner, and the leave-in daily foam.
- The Complete (Regrowth) Kit — This kit comes with the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in daily foam, and minoxidil topical solution.
Shapiro MD for Women
Shapiro MD has created a specific hair loss line for women apart from men. Though some of the products are the same, the following products differ:
- Conditioner — The Shapiro MD conditioner has been designed to nourish your hair from within while moisturizing it. Though typically used by women, this product can also be used by men.
- 2% Minoxidil Serum — For women experiencing general thinning on the top of the scalp and vertex, this 2% Minoxidil Serum will help reactivate dormant hair follicles to stimulate hair regrowth.
Shapiro MD Ingredients
Shapiro MD selected specific ingredients when making its products to ensure their success. The following active ingredients are found in a number of Shapiro MD hair loss products:
- Green Tea Polyphenols — Green Tea Polyphenols (EGCG) are known for stimulating hair growth with proliferative and anti-apoptotic effects on dermal papillae cells of hair follicles. This can therefore prolong the anagen phase (growing phase) of the growth cycle allowing the hair longer and stronger. In studies, EGCG has shown a tendency of inhibiting the formation of both DHT and the receptor that DHT needs to bind with in order to function properly and slow hair growth.
- Caffeine — Caffeine is capable of quickly penetrating the skin in order to reach hair follicles and stop the negative effects of DHT. According to studies, low doses of topical caffeine have had similar effects on hair follicle health and regrowth as minoxidil. It works to improve blood flow which not only stimulates growth of cultured hairs, but also nourished cells that have not been receiving adequate nutrient supply.
- Saw Palmetto Berry Extract — Also known as SPBE, this extract has been recognized for its anti-androgenetic effects. It acts as a competitive non-selective inhibitor of the 5-alpha enzyme that produces DHT and contains powerful antioxidants that protect hair follicle cells from being damaged.
These three powerful natural ingredients along with others included have been approved by the FDA for hair loss treatment.
Shapiro MD Custom Hair Evaluation
If you have noticed your hair beginning to thin and you are interested in knowing if Shapiro MD hair regrowth products would be able to help you, you can take a free online evaluation on the Shapiro MD website. You will be asked a short series of questions to see if your specific hair loss condition is treatable. If your answers show that your hair has the chance of regrowth, you will be provided with a number of suggestions to get started with your hair regrowth journey.
Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
One of the challenges of using hair loss products is the chance that you will not see results from your treatment and therefore waste your money. Shapiro MD works to avoid this stress among patients and offers a 60-day risk-free money-back guarantee. It states that if, for any reason, you are not pleased with your order, you are able to return the unused portion of the product and will receive a full refund (less shipping cost) with no questions asked.
No Surgery or Transplant Required
Hair loss is not a fun part of anyone's life, but having to have surgery or a hair transplant to reverse its effects can be overwhelming. One of the additional perks of using Shapiro MD as a hair regrowth provider is that you will not need to undergo any type of surgery or transplant in order to regrow hair.
- Varied Results
- Shapiro MD Cost
- Shapiro MD Side Effects
As is common among hair loss treatment providers, the results for each individual customer will inevitably vary. Some patients will achieve fuller and thicker hair while others may not see any results. As you are searching for a hair regrowth solution, remember that certain products may not work for you like they have for others in the past.
Shapiro MD Cost
Recent Shapiro MD reviews have addressed pricing as one of the downsides of using Shapiro MD hair loss products. They have found other companies that offer similar products and services for less money. Pricing for Shapiro MD products is currently listed as follows:
- Finasteride — $40.00 (3-month supply)
- Hairbiotic — $45.00 (1-month supply)
- Leave-In Daily Foam — $29.00 (1-month supply)
- Men's 5% Minoxidil Serum — $13.95 (1-month supply)
- Women's 2% Minoxidil Serum — $13.95 (1-month supply)
- Shampoo — $39.95 (1-month supply)
- Conditioner — $39.95 (1-month supply)
- Shampoo and Conditioner — $69.95 (1-month supply)
- The Natural Kit — $79.95 (1-month supply)
- The Complete (Regrowth) Kit — $89.95 (1-month supply)
Though some of the products alone may not be astronomically expensive, the products are not meant to stand alone. If you are hoping to see results and actual regrowth, you will need to be investing in the majority, if not all of the products. Paying $70.00 per month just for shampoo and conditioner can quickly become costly.
Shapiro MD Side Effects
Shapiro MD does not claim that its products have any side effects, but Shapiro MD reviews have mentioned the following itchiness, initial hair fall, and dry and brittle hair.
These side effects have not been experienced by all customers, but you should be aware they are possible.
The Bottom Line
Shapiro MD offers a hair regrowth solution for those experiencing thinning hair. In order to efficiently stimulate hair growth, you will likely need to invest in more than one of the products the company offers. Some Shapiro MD reviews highlight success while others suggest that no improvement was made. Though this product is not guaranteed to work with each and every patient, we recommend that you take advantage of the 60-day risk-free money-back guarantee to see if you are able to see any improvement in your hair.
Was this content helpful?