Tempur-Pedic was founded in 1992 in Lexington, Kentucky. The first Tempur-Pedic mattress came to the United States after being developed by NASA and introduced by a Swedish technical foam company. The company's mattresses are made of a viscoelastic foam material; however, this isn't just ordinary memory foam. The patented Tempur foam material is a high-density foam that responds to your body heat, contours to your body for support, minimizes pressure points, and reduces motion transfer.

A few different formulations of high quality Tempur memory foam are available: a softer feeling comfort version, a faster responding, springy feeling option, and an HD option that conforms to your body even more, for additional pressure relief. On top of that, specially designed materials allow different Tempur-Pedic models to cater to complaints common from sleepers of all kinds: cooling Tempur-Breeze reduces heat retention, the Smart Climate System uses moisture-wicking fibers to keep your mattress cool, and the EasyRefresh machine washable cover offers a clean sleeping surface.

Thirteen Queen size models of varying firmness and comfort levels are offered, with a price range of $2,199 to $7,499.

On the low end is the Tempur-ProAdapt. Options include soft, medium, or firm comfort levels, as well as a medium firmness hybrid mattress, with a base layer of spring coils in addition to a Tempur-APR support layer which relieves pressure, the Tempur-ES comfort layer for a soft feel, and the SmartClimate dual cover system for a cool feel.

The high-end model is the GrandBed model, which includes a blended silk cashmere cover and 15 inches of Tempur-Adapt foam.

You can purchase mattresses, bedding, pillows, and adjustable bases online, over the phone, or at one of Tempur's 6,000+ retail dealer locations nationwide.

Continue reading to see the pros and cons of Tempur-Pedic, as well as Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews from real customers.

#2 Sleep Number chevron_right
#3 Ikea chevron_right

The Good

• High Quality Hybrid Options
  • 10 Year Warranty
  • Free White Glove Delivery
  • 90 Night Trial and Returns
  • Tempur-Pedic Credit Card
  • Positive Customer Reviews

High Quality Hybrid Options

In the beginning, Tempur-Pedic products were solely available as foam beds. Now, to accommodate consumers that want the company's quality, patented contour foam, but also prefer the feel of an innerspring mattress, there are options.

Several of Tempur's mattress models are available as a hybrid, combining the brand's high quality foam with the feel of 1,000+ innerspring coils.

10 Year Warranty

Tempur-Pedic has a 10-year limited warranty on its beds in case of any defects. This covers replacement or repair within 10 years of purchase if it was purchased at an authorized Tempur-Pedic retailer. There is no deductible, and it will cover all parts of the mattress and foundation.

If you buy an adjustable bed, also known as an adjustable base, a limited 20 year warranty is offered.

Free White Glove Delivery

Moving a mattress is a difficult task, but not when dealing with Tempur-Pedic. Free in-home delivery is available when when you purchase directly from the brand. Your mattress can be delivered set up for no cost. The delivery team will even remove your old mattress and box spring.

The free offer is not available for delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

90 Night Trial and Returns

Tempur-Pedic's comfort trial is a great benefit. Try it out for a break-in period of at least 30 nights, so that your body has time to adjust to sleeping on your new foam mattress.

If you aren't getting a good night's sleep after the break-in period, you can contact customer service to set up a return. The company will retrieve the mattress and refund your money, less shipping charges. If you took advantage of a free shipping offer, return shipping fees apply at $175. So, it is not an entirely risk-free trial, but you will get a huge refund, considering the cost of Tempur-pedic brand mattresses.

Tempur-Pedic Credit Card

If you purchase directly through Tempur-Pedic, 0% financing is offered for up to 36 months via the Tempur-Pedic Credit Card issued by Wells Fargo Bank. After the promotional period has passed, the card carries a 28.99% APR.

Positive Customer Reviews

Consumer sentiment for this mattress company is overwhelmingly positive. Tempur-Pedic holds a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with over 100 customer reviews. This is one of the best in the industry.

The Bad

Expensive Products

Tempur-Pedic's memory foam mattresses are quite a bit more expensive than other brands. The company's website even guarantees that pricing will be the same at local retail dealer locations. If you choose to buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress, expect to spend at least $2,000.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a high-end, high-density memory foam mattress and don’t mind paying for it, then Tempur-Pedic is the way to go. The brand will charge you more than others, but many customers feel the proprietary Tempur technology is worth the extra cost. The warranty lasts 10 years, which is long enough to be worth the price, and the free in-home delivery and 90-night sleep trial are an added bonus.

View Best Mattress Companies

Derek Scoville
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Excellent product. I would love to have a Tempur-Pedic, but even with the financing, it just didn't fit the budget.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

very comfortable and relaxing. sales agent was knowledgeable and friendly.

Preston Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I cant even remember the last time I have complained about a good nights rest because of my mattress I love Tampur-Pedic.

Rashida Laumatia
August 28th, 2018 Saint George, UT

I love Tempur-Pedic! My cousin has one and it’s to die for. It helped so much with my siatica and relieved so much pain. Never had a better sleep in my life:)

Robin
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

expensive but worth it. saved me a lot of money to the chiropractor. provides extra support, comfort and firmness.

Kristiane R Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

This mattress is the best. My husband has back problems and since we got this mattress he wakes up without complaining about his sleep or pain in his back.

Ron Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I used a tempur pedic bed and had nothing but back problems. Had to switch it for a better mattress. Cost was way to high to have back problems.

Jr
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

nervous about this expensive big purchase but we are so happy we did. Its firm, comfortable and relaxing. best purchase we decided on.

Thomas Hullinger
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had a bad back in the past from a bad mattress. Tempur-Pedic made all my back pain go away and I have never slept better!

Kyrstin
August 24th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

They’re just hands down the best mattress makers out there in my opinion. I love tempur pedic mattresses. I don’t have one myself (because they can be expensive...although totally worth it) but we had them in my parents house and I never had the back pain problems that I often have now!

Allyah
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

very comfortable. once i switched to a Tempur Pedic i immediately felt a difference. no more back / neck aches the next morning.

Tilda
August 24th, 2018 Saint George, UT

I’ve struggle with lower back pain and can never get comfortable in bed, I purchased this bed and slept through the night.

Kim Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

We have had a Tepur-Pedic bed for 12 years now and it is still like new. 12 years ago I was 8 months pregnant and traveling to Washington state for a family reunion. I had not slept well in week, but this little inn had a wonderful bed and I slept great! I stripped the bed of the sheets to find that it was a Tempur-Pedic mattress. We bought one and now I always love to come home from vacation to my own Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Troy Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

When my wife was 8 months pregnant, we stayed at a cottage in the Seattle area that had all Tempur-Pedic mattresses. She loved it! Soon afterwards (probably 12 years ago), we purchased are own Tempur-Pedic mattress. We have loved it ever since. Even 12 years later, we think it is a better mattress than most others.

Haley Houtz
August 20th, 2018 Herriman, UT

I would highly recommend Tempur-Pedic. The quality of the mattress is top notch and the staff is so helpful and friendly.

Hunter
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I can’t even go on vacation because of my Tempur-pedic mattress if I don’t have it I do not sleep good it is amazing and I can never go back to another mattress if you have sleeping problems by a Tempur-pedic mattress before you go and see a doctor.

Jodie Larson
August 17th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

My husband can be fidgety at night and with our old mattress, I felt every wiggle and jiggle! After too many sleepless nights, we went in search of a mattress that did not transfer the motion from one side of bed to the other. We found that in our Tempur-Pedic mattress! I have not been woken up from his restlessness since we got our new mattress!

Hannah Cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Tempur Pedic is one of my favorite mattresses to sleep on. The price is high but if you're willing to invest in your mattress then I think this one is worth it.

Jenny whipple
July 31st, 2018 Mesa, AZ

I just didn’t love my temper-pedic mattress and returned it after 90 days. The guarantee was great and was honored without question by the company.

Marilyn Greer
July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

I love my mattress. I have back problems and it has been very comfortable.

Shane Rodney
July 19th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

A little expensive but well worth the money when you can sleep at night. great mattress for both of us.

L
July 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We just bought a Tempur-pedic mattress last year and we love it. It is comfortable and cooling at night. They are pricey but worth it!

Jess Root
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We have had a Tempurpedic mattress for nearly a decade. We love it. I struggle to sleep well on any other mattress. It is firm and soft. The memory foam isn't too hot like some complain.

Rodney McGee
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Best mattress I've ever owned. We are going on 8 years and it seems like it is better every year. I'm at the point now where I only stay at hotels that have Tempur-Pedicure beds, which there aren't many. But I'm willing to drive further to be able to sleep in a nice bed! The quality is second to none. No sag at all. Will not buy a different brand ever.

michelle l pierce
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I have heard great things about this bed, I am looking to buy one soon.

Diana Melnyk
June 25th, 2018

I tested several different Tempur-Pedic mattresses in our mattress store and though felt ok, I didn't feel the product was fairly priced.

Taylor Siren
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Tempur-Pedic mattresses provide the most comfort in the mattress industry so that you can sleep with ease.

Joanna Hester
June 18th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We bought several cheaper mattresses when we were younger. Over the years, we kept waking up with progressively worse back pain. We finally decided it was time to invest in a nice mattress. We bought a Tempur-Pedic and will never go back. We even bought one for my parents house in the mountains so we have a nice mattress when we visit.

Anne Marie Milne
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I recently got a Tempur-Pedic bed and it has changed my sleeping. I have extreme back and neck problems and their bed has helped me so much. I don't wake up in agonizing pain anymore. Try them out, especially if you have these body problems. It has really helped.

Harlan Wahlert
January 22nd, 2018 Manassas, VA DETAILS

The 20 mattress lasted 6 years their no value in there products

sally hicks
January 15th, 2018 Canyon Lake, TX DETAILS

good mattress for the money but takes time to fit to your body

Sherry Wootton
January 15th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I've used the mattress for 10 years and is still in excellent condition, no break on material and have loved the mattress

Christopher Pentico
January 9th, 2018 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS

Comfortable and Durable, although a bit expensive

Brenda
January 8th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have had a Temperpedic mattress for over 25 years. I can't sleep without it.

Mari
January 3rd, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

The best mattress I've ever owned, comfort, clean, with water resistant cover no issues... at all.

KentKopke
January 3rd, 2018 Boise, ID DETAILS

great mattress but not sure its worth the money I had to spend

Steve Ambrose
January 3rd, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

Because the mattess in less than a year has groved in the space I sleep

Mario D
December 18th, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

Slept great. Mattress was soft, but firm underneath.

Jessie Ellerbee
December 18th, 2017 McDonough, GA' DETAILS

The mattresses sleep excellent, but are expensive

Stephen Gangi
December 18th, 2017 Toms River, NJ' DETAILS

because they have earned high marks, customer service is impeccable

Bonnie
December 18th, 2017 Dry Ridge, KY' DETAILS

It was a little to soft for me caused a lot of back pain.

Suzanna Wootton
December 18th, 2017 Springville, UT

I don't own a tempur-pedic but I slept on one of their mattresses for a week and it was SO comfortable! I hope to buy one in the future!

Thanos Toulopoulos
December 11th, 2017 Davis, CA DETAILS

Not very responsive to clients needs. Not willing to deal with defective products

Sherman Wright
December 11th, 2017 Hanover, MD DETAILS

I get quality sleep, it is very comfortable, and I bought the same brand for many years.

GGG
December 11th, 2017 Longview, TX DETAILS

Helps my aching back, very comfy and worth it price.

Pat Ohagan
November 28th, 2017 Fort Myers, FL' DETAILS

THE MATTRESS HAS HELPED MY BACK PROBLEMS

Cambraia
November 28th, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

they deliver what they promise and worth the very expensive mattress

Becky
November 28th, 2017 Connersville, IN DETAILS

Most comfortable mattress out there right now.

November 13th, 2017 Auburn, CA' DETAILS

I am always happy to get into bed. The mattress is just the right amount of firm and soft.

Kent Jensen
November 8th, 2017 Newberg, OR DETAILS

I am on my second Tempur-Pedic, first one lasted 20 years. Much more support and fit that a traditional Mattress.