Tempur-Pedic was founded in 1992 in Lexington, Kentucky. The first Tempur-Pedic mattress came to the United States after being developed by NASA and introduced by a Swedish technical foam company. The company's mattresses are made of a viscoelastic foam material; however, this isn't just ordinary memory foam. The patented Tempur foam material is a high-density foam that responds to your body heat, contours to your body for support, minimizes pressure points, and reduces motion transfer.

A few different formulations of high quality Tempur memory foam are available: a softer feeling comfort version, a faster responding, springy feeling option, and an HD option that conforms to your body even more, for additional pressure relief. On top of that, specially designed materials allow different Tempur-Pedic models to cater to complaints common from sleepers of all kinds: cooling Tempur-Breeze reduces heat retention, the Smart Climate System uses moisture-wicking fibers to keep your mattress cool, and the EasyRefresh machine washable cover offers a clean sleeping surface.

Thirteen Queen size models of varying firmness and comfort levels are offered, with a price range of $2,199 to $7,499.

On the low end is the Tempur-ProAdapt. Options include soft, medium, or firm comfort levels, as well as a medium firmness hybrid mattress, with a base layer of spring coils in addition to a Tempur-APR support layer which relieves pressure, the Tempur-ES comfort layer for a soft feel, and the SmartClimate dual cover system for a cool feel.

The high-end model is the GrandBed model, which includes a blended silk cashmere cover and 15 inches of Tempur-Adapt foam.

You can purchase mattresses, bedding, pillows, and adjustable bases online, over the phone, or at one of Tempur's 6,000+ retail dealer locations nationwide.

Continue reading to see the pros and cons of Tempur-Pedic, as well as Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews from real customers.

#2 Sleep Number chevron_right
#3 Ikea chevron_right

The Good

• High Quality Hybrid Options
  • 10 Year Warranty
  • Free White Glove Delivery
  • 90 Night Trial and Returns
  • Tempur-Pedic Credit Card
  • Positive Customer Reviews

High Quality Hybrid Options

In the beginning, Tempur-Pedic products were solely available as foam beds. Now, to accommodate consumers that want the company's quality, patented contour foam, but also prefer the feel of an innerspring mattress, there are options.

Several of Tempur's mattress models are available as a hybrid, combining the brand's high quality foam with the feel of 1,000+ innerspring coils.

10 Year Warranty

Tempur-Pedic has a 10-year limited warranty on its beds in case of any defects. This covers replacement or repair within 10 years of purchase if it was purchased at an authorized Tempur-Pedic retailer. There is no deductible, and it will cover all parts of the mattress and foundation.

If you buy an adjustable bed, also known as an adjustable base, a limited 20 year warranty is offered.

Free White Glove Delivery

Moving a mattress is a difficult task, but not when dealing with Tempur-Pedic. Free in-home delivery is available when when you purchase directly from the brand. Your mattress can be delivered set up for no cost. The delivery team will even remove your old mattress and box spring.

The free offer is not available for delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

90 Night Trial and Returns

Tempur-Pedic's comfort trial is a great benefit. Try it out for a break-in period of at least 30 nights, so that your body has time to adjust to sleeping on your new foam mattress.

If you aren't getting a good night's sleep after the break-in period, you can contact customer service to set up a return. The company will retrieve the mattress and refund your money, less shipping charges. If you took advantage of a free shipping offer, return shipping fees apply at $175. So, it is not an entirely risk-free trial, but you will get a huge refund, considering the cost of Tempur-pedic brand mattresses.

Tempur-Pedic Credit Card

If you purchase directly through Tempur-Pedic, 0% financing is offered for up to 36 months via the Tempur-Pedic Credit Card issued by Wells Fargo Bank. After the promotional period has passed, the card carries a 28.99% APR.

Positive Customer Reviews

Consumer sentiment for this mattress company is overwhelmingly positive. Tempur-Pedic holds a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with over 100 customer reviews. This is one of the best in the industry.

The Bad

Expensive Products

Tempur-Pedic's memory foam mattresses are quite a bit more expensive than other brands. The company's website even guarantees that pricing will be the same at local retail dealer locations. If you choose to buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress, expect to spend at least $2,000.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a high-end, high-density memory foam mattress and don’t mind paying for it, then Tempur-Pedic is the way to go. The brand will charge you more than others, but many customers feel the proprietary Tempur technology is worth the extra cost. The warranty lasts 10 years, which is long enough to be worth the price, and the free in-home delivery and 90-night sleep trial are an added bonus.

View Best Mattress Companies

Ashley
May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress when we were first married and after almost 10 years it started to really feel lumpy. I thought it was just time to purchase a new one but when I called they informed me it was included under my warrenty and that they would replace our mattress for free!! I am a Tempur-Pedic user for life!

Allison Driggs
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have a temperpedic mattress and gave for years. I think it holds it shape and is very comfortable. Love my mattress!

Abby Driggs
March 29th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Temper-pedic is perfect if you are someone who always sleeps on their back. I sometimes sleep on my stomach so I often ended up with back pain when I woke up. Didn’t love how it stays compressed after you put pressure on it. You feel like you are stuck in quick sand. Not my kind of mattress.

Tim Berrett
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Temper-Pedic seems so very overpriced for a foam mattress. We were going to buy one and they are just so much more expensive than other similar offerings with no obvious reason to charge more. We opted to go a different route.

S Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

The company provides different products for different budgets and the products are very comfortable and durable.

Brian Scott
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress! I've never slept better and don't wake up with stiffness in my back like I did with my previous mattress.

Jeff Blackett
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Great mattress, just overpriced. I loved the quality of the product I just didn't feel that it was worth the money I paid. If you have back problems I would recommend Tempur-Pedic but otherwise there are more affordable options.

Jada Scott
February 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Tempur-Pedic changed my life! I was suffering from acute sciatica and was in constant pain when we purchased our Tempur-Pedic. The mattress is firm and supportive but still super comfortable. It's amazing what a difference a mattress can make on your back!

Christy Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Very cozy. I have been sleeping very good often with two or three little kids who have ended up snuggling in during the night. I don’t feel anyone else moving around and I’m surprised when I wake up and have slept until my alarm wakes me up. It’s amazing!

Denna Collier
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Love my Tempur-Pedic. Which I hadn't gotten the adjustable base. I only use when changing my sheets. It is way overpriced but so I got the discounted floor model

Evelyn Chidester
February 1st, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I actually really like the the tempur-Pedic pillows. They are a little pricey but I take mine everywhere because I sleep so much better when I have it. I've also tried the mattresses and they take a little getting use to and weren't really my favorite because they didn't really breathe and I would get hot. They were also a little harder to move in.

Sarah
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love love love my mattress as I just received back surgery and even though I am in pain, I feel relief whenever I am laying in my bed! I give major props to Tempur-Pedic as their mattresses have been nothing but good to me!

Cayla robinson
January 16th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

The mattresses here are very comfortable and there is a science behind them that fits perfectly to ones body and allows for a good nights rest. I absolutely love the customer service they are really noce and we’re determined to help me find the right mattress for me !

Annie Orr
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I have a terrible back and Tempur-Pedic molds perfectly to my body creating the best sleep I've ever had! I don't wake up with back aches anymore!

Kymberlee Yack
January 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

sooo comfortable! i love the way the mattress just adjusts to the way my body is laying, its never uncomfortable because it just forms to my body! so worth it!

Shayla Hankins
January 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I got the best sleep of my life on a tempur-pedic mattress when I was on vacation with my family and I will always remember feeling so refreshed when I woke up. I want one for myself but it is currently out of my price range but still saving up for it because it is worth it.

MaKayla Christiansen
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Growing up my mattress always wasn’t what I wanted. It was hard and not very comforting on the curves of my body. Once I got a Tempur-Pedic bed the way I feel about sleeping has changed. I actually have a comfortable place to sleep and I get a good night sleep without any aches and pains in the morning. I love my mattress

Madalyn Johnson
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love my Tempur-Pedic bed! I have never felt like I get a better nights rest than when i'm sleeping on my Tempur-Pedic bed!

Hailey Nilson
January 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Tempur-Pedic is THE best mattress out there. It is the perfect balance between soft and firm, it has incredible quality, and it never wears out, my mattress has lasted me years.

Magaly De Avila
December 20th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love my tempur-pedic bed, my past mattresses always caused me to have back problems but with this mattress I've had no problems! If anything it makes my back feel a lot better since I'm so comfortable!

Dasha Directo
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

My Tempur-Pedic mattress is the most comfortable bed I've slept on. I look forward to coming back home after the school semesters because I miss my bed. I have back problems on my other mattresses, but not with my Tempur-Pedic mattress. I fall asleep easily on my bed as well.

Darius Williams
December 13th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Best mattress I've ever head. Was more expensive than others but definitely worth the investment

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton
December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

One of my favorites!! I would not trade my tempur-Pedic bed for another. This is truly the way to a good nights sleep. Bed is made well and quality of material is high grade. Very comfortable.

Alyssa Scott
December 10th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Tempur-Pedic has never failed. Satisfaction guarantee is definitely true with them, and you are never dissatisfied. Mattress is very good and always helps with backaches and trouble sleeping.

Nishita
December 10th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS

Memory foam mattress that we purchased is amazing, very very expensive but amazing. It's tendency to take the shape of the body provides good back support. I wish there was an orthopedic base to it, instead of spring. Other than that a good investment

Grace Durrant
December 10th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Tempru-pedic has helped me so much in my life. I used to suffer with horrible lower back pain but with the help of Pempu-Pedic my back has been feeling brand new.

Mia Hernandez
December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

great product you really do wake up feeling like a new person i have so many minor aches and pains in my back and this bed has honestly helped me out a lot

Linda Quach
December 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I have a really bad back and when i bought my tempur pedic all my back issues went away.

Fernando Delgado
December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

I truly enjoy how comfortable they are best sleep in years never thought they would be that comfortable even are kids try to sleep in our bed!.

jessica
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

These mattresses are great. They are super comfy and worth the money. I would highly recommend this bed to people

Amber Delgado
December 5th, 2018 Laveen, AZ DETAILS

I truly enjoy how comfortable they feel and the quality is amazing! Especially with having 2 young kids

Anthony Sgambati
December 3rd, 2018 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

We were so pleased with Tempur-Pedic. They helped us to find the perfect mattress for our sleep needs. We will be using this company again in the future.

Justin Knorr
November 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Tempur-Pedic beds are overrated. The memory foam is comfortable, but tends to make a person warm when they sleep. We bought one of the beds that is supposed to be more comfortable for sleeping cool. It is better than the one we tried before, but still sleeps warm and is also not as comfortable as the one that sleeps warmer.

Ella
November 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT

I have had back pain all my life. Every mattress company claimed that they could solve it, but they couldn't. Until tempur pedic! It fits me perfectly, and I sleep soundly each night. Highly recommend

Landon Jacobsen Ollerton
November 30th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I get great sleep. Reliable products. Love the pillows. Always look forward to getting in bed with the way it morphs into my body and relaxes it.

Katie Kearney
November 30th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

We bought a Tempur-Pedic bed from one of the Mattress stores in our area and it has been such a let down. We were told it was supposed to have a shelf life of around 44 years and it has lasted 6. It is so firm and does not support us at all. In fact, we actually have bad back pains when we wake up now. We are definitely looking for a new bed asap and will not be going back to a Tempur-Pedic.

Louis Osuna
November 19th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Temper-Pedic is good because their mattresses are comfortable and they last a long time.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

love my tempur-pedic mattress. it is so comfy and helps me get a better night sleep. It lasts a very long time and was a great decision on a mattress

Rachel B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

The mattress is a little hard at first, but you get used to it and then it becomes something you can’t live without! A little pricey though.

Kristen Schow
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Oh my gosh! My Tempur-Pedic bed is the best bet I have ever owned! My husband and I could not decide on a firm or soft bed and we were able to get one that fit both of us perfectly!

Fiona Thomas
October 31st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I've had this mattress for a couple of years and so far, it still holds up to the condition I bought it in a couple years ago. It's great for my back and lets me sleep easily throughout the night. The mattress is still pretty clean and doesn't get dirty easily.

Josiah Macdonald
October 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Tempur-Pedic beds are insanely comfortable and my tempur-pedic is just my favorite place to be cause its so cozy.

pernilla
October 24th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

These are the best mattresses, ever. I am planning to buy a new one soon. They are very expensive but I saw that they offer 0% APR― FOR UP TO ―60 MONTHS. They offer around 20 years of warranty.

Anthony Yomama
October 24th, 2018 Tuscaloosa, AL

Temperpedic mattresses could be the single greatest manufacturing achievement of the modern age since the bidet. I purchased my temperpdic mattress 6 days ago and I have not left my bed since. I cannot fathom how good this mattress makes me feel. My mattress Matilda and I have been together only a few days but I already feel a connection. She just understands me. My girlfriend at the time suggested I buy a temperpedic to fix my back problems caused by my elephantiasis of the testicles. Once I laid down upon the cloud that is my mattress, all my problems disappeared. I finally left my wretched girlfriend who has never helped me a day of my life to be with Matilda. Every night as I fall into sleep, Matilda whispers sweet nothings into my ear. She tells me that everything is okay, that all my enemies will perish. My mattress Matilda is so comfortable that i have not had a sleep short of 15 hours. I love her. I dream about our lives together. Kids. White picket fence. Her in-laws pissing me off to the point that I threaten to walk out but at the last second Matilda pulls me close and tells me all is okay. All I ever wanted was to have someone in my life that offers me as much hope and love as Matilda does, and thanks to Temperpedic I have that. Thanks to Temperpedic I have the wife I have always dreamt of. That i prayed for every night and every morning. I will never get rid of Matilda. She single handily is the greatest thing to ever come into my life. My kids think I’m crazy. They will never understand. I will cherish every moment I have with Matilda till the day the Lord takes me of this life. Thank you Temperpedic. Thank you for happiness. I will never forget what you have done for me and I am in your debt every moment I draw breath.

Randal hyde
October 22nd, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

Spent a lot of money on a mattress and in two years It would sink during the night. After you got out of bed it went back only to do it again but because it did not stay down they would not guarantee it

Nerissa Pineda
October 15th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

We own two Tempur-Pedic beds. One King and one Queen. They are the most comfortable beds in the house. The King has a one inch gel bed topper and the Queen has a 2 inch memory foam/pillow top. Our kids will all fight over who gets the guest room so we have to rotate and when we are out of town, they take over our King bed. Naps are always taken on these two beds. They are like sleeping in the clouds. We do not sleep too hot or too cold as the weather changes. I cannot sleep if my bed is too soft or too hard. These are just right;) They were delivered on time, Payments were easy. They are firm and move easily from room to room, house to house and pretty light weight. They fit well on all bed frames; inserted or on top. Our kids all say they are buying a Tempur-Pedic when they move out and buy their first bed. Our first beds were water beds with bladders we could fill up just to the right firmness. We Love that Tempur-Pedic is always perfect. We have had our King for 10 years and our Queen for 15 years. Still perfection!

mgillings
September 24th, 2018

I want to love my Tempur-Pedic.....Don't get me wrong, its really comfortable, and I like it, but for the cost I'm not sure I love it more than my last mattress that was half the price.

Amber
September 19th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

Best mattress hands down! All my aches and pain have disappeared since getting this mattress. They are pricey, but it’s well worth the money since I feel so much better after sleeping on it.

wanda
August 30th, 2018 Saint George, UT

comfortable and relaxing. very satisfied with Tempur Pedic. My only negative review is that it is so comfortable it is difficult to get out of it in the morning. It is worth every penny.

Brian Slade
August 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

One of the best mattresses to sleep on. Comfortable and supportive at the same time. We've had our mattress for 8 years now and its as comfortable as the day we bought it.