Serta Logo

7.6

Serta was founded in 1931 as Sleeper, Inc and is the largest mattress brand in the United States. It is controlled by Serta Simmons Holdings LLC, which announced a merger with online retailer Tuft & Needle in 2018.

Serta has several different mattress brands to choose from, with each highlighting different features. The company offers gel memory foam options, as well as innerspring coils and hybrid spring/foam mattress options for shoppers to choose from.

Continue reading to see some pros and cons, as well as Serta mattress reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Mattress Options
  • Warranty
  • Direct-Purchase Benefits

Mattress Options

Serta mattresses come in a wide variety of price ranges, so most shoppers will be able to find a good mattress that fits their needs and their budget. Sleeping on a comfortable mattress is not a one-size-fits-all science, but Serta understands this and offers a wide variety of options to choose from.

Perfect Sleeper Mattress: $349–$1,399 (Queen)

The Serta Perfect Sleeper is the official mattress of the National Sleep Foundation. It is available in innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid options. The line has been around for decades, but Serta recently partnered with the Foundation to target the 5 biggest mattress complaints: tossing and turning, lack of support, sleeping temperature regulation, partner disturbance, and mattress roll-off due to poor edge support and sagging. Some Perfect Sleeper models even work with an adjustable foundation.

iComfort Mattress: $1,099–$2,799 (Queen)

The Serta iComfort line is the company's most advanced sleep system and it offers models in foam and hybrid. It aims to use contouring memory foam to help with pressure relief. This isn't just an ordinary memory foam mattress. The foam used is called TempActiv and helps with heat retention to help you sleep cool. There are seven models of varying comfort layer firmness to choose from.

Mattress-in-a-Box: $599–$999 (Queen)

Like most mattress brands and retailers, Serta also sells a mattress in a box, however, its name varies depending on where you purchase it but may be called Perfect Sleeper Express or Serta SleepToGo. This memory foam mattress line offers depths between 9 and 14 inches to choose from.

Sertapedic: $249–$649 (Queen)

The Sertapedic mattress line is the company's budget option, with prices for a queen ranging between $249 and 649. Despite the low price range, this is really a "value" option with a variety of mattress features to choose from. You can choose between memory foam and innerspring mattress types. The memory foam features several layers of support foam, including a gel-infused memory foam, called Twist Gel, and the innerspring is a traditional mattress with steel coils. As well, you can find a good night's sleep with your preferred custom support feel, as comfort options range between soft and extra firm.

Hotel Mattresses: $775–$1,100 (Queen)

Serta is the top supplier of hotel mattresses in the country, and now, you can purchase this same luxury to sleep on at home. This is an innerspring line with plush Euro pillow top mattress options, as well as a double-sided mattress.

In all, Serta sells more than 50 queen size models ranging in price from $249–$2,799.

You can buy one directly from Serta, or through various third-party retailers. Serta also sells accessories, like pillows, bedding, sheets, and mattress protectors. They also make crib and toddler mattresses, as well as pet beds.

Warranty

Most Serta mattresses are covered by a 10-year warranty. However, remember that you need to take good care of your mattress and it needs to be free of stains, etc. Serta encourages shoppers to get a mattress protector.

Direct-Purchase Benefits

With Serta, you can purchase directly from the website, or you can find Serta products at hundreds of other retailers. When you buy from Serta, you benefit from financing offers, an in-home trial, and a great delivery policy.

Special Financing

Serta offers financing through Affirm. Affirm allows you to make monthly payments over 3, 6, or 12 months. Interest charges are communicated upfront and there are no hidden fees. Keep in mind that rates are between 0 and 30 percent APR, and a down payment may be required.

In-Home Trial

When you purchase directly through Serta, either by phone or online, you benefit from an in-home trial period. The Serta iComfort comes with a 120-day in-home trial and other mattresses come with a 45-day comfort assurance in-home trial.

There are a few things that you should know about the program. You must sleep on the mattress for at least 30 nights before contacting Serta about a return or exchange.

This 30-day rule is pretty standard with most mattress retailers. This is considered to be a break-in period for your body to adjust to a new mattress and your new mattress to adjust to your body. Sleeping on a new mattress can be quite a change, especially if you had previously waited too long and were sleeping on an old lumpy mattress.

There is a 15 percent return and disposal fee, plus $200 for shipping and handling, to be deducted from your refund. Please note that adjustable foundation sales are final, and there is a limit of one trial per customer

Delivery

Free white glove delivery and setup are offered for all purchases when you order online directly from Serta. However, it can take about 10–21 business days because your mattress is made especially for you when they receive your order.

The Bad

Cancellation and Return Fees

Serta allows you 48 hours to cancel your mattress order. If you cancel after the 48 hours, you may be charged a 15 percent cancellation fee.

Additionally, Serta accessories (bed frames, sheets, pillows, mattress protectors and pet beds) do not have a cancellation grace period. All orders are processed immediately. You can return an item, but you are responsible for the cost of shipping and the 15 percent restocking fee.

The Bottom Line

Serta is one of the biggest classic brands in the mattress world. They have been around for more than 80 years and offer a variety of mattress features for almost any price point.

There are a variety of ways that you can buy a Serta, from local retail stores to online marketplaces like Amazon and Wayfair, to a direct purchase from the company via the serta.com website. If you purchase from Serta, you will benefit from an in-home trial, an industry-standard financing option, and free in-home delivery. If you purchase your Serta from a third-party store or website, you will be subject to that company’s policies when it comes to a trial, financing, or delivery.

View Best Mattress Companies

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

I slept on a Serta mattress for over 30 years. I think this is the comfortable mattress I have ever slept on . We traded out the mattress for another because my wife thought it was getting too old. really like the mattress and box springs combination offered by Serta. It is such a soft mattress and the overall thickness is less than other mattresses which makes it that much easier to climb into bed. One of the things I really loved about the mattress it how it seemed to retard heat but would capture the coolness of the room no matter what type of sheets or mattress cover was on the bed. Since I love sleeping in a slightly cooler bed this was such a joy to sleep in. There are a lot of mattress makers out there but for me this is my favorite.

Gwen Hurd Smyrna, GA

Serta makes EXCELLENT MATTRESSES!! They have a wide variety to choose from. Serta has been around a very long time and they are a trusted Mattress Company. I would purchase a Mattress from Serta again when needed.

Samuel Tripp ,

Bought a Serta one year ago, and have been sleeping soundly ever since. No back pain, no waking up in the middle of the night. Top Tier thats for sure!

Gina Marie Commack, NY

Serta has always been a reputable company and has been around for years. Just recently I purchased two mattresses with them for my children and they are so comfortable I found myself in their beds more so than mine

Ashley Brown New River, AZ

Best mattress ever! Keeps us cool at night and gives us great back support! We have slept better for the last 3 months than the 2 years we had the other mattress. Definitely worth the money for the mattress with 3 snowflakes!

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

We bought a Serta mattress for my daughter and she loved it so much that we bought another one for our guest room. We got the queen size from Sams club and it was a good price and great quality. Everyone who sleeps on it says it is wonderful and i have slept on it myself and found it extremely comfortable.

Dr. Daniel R. Thomas North Port, FL

I have 6 pins in my spine from an injury I sustained during Operation Desert Storm. I cannot lay down flat on my back. I must lay on my right side to sleep. Their Calf. King Pillow Top Matress provides me with the best support that I can get. Soft but firm! I cannot sleep without it!

A. Taylor Panama City, FL

I have been a fan of Serta mattresses for decades. In fact, my first Serta mattress lasted over 20 years and in that time endured several moves, all over the country. No issues were ever noted. In those days a good mattress had a 20 year warranty! Wow. Was it ever worth it. Super quality, price AND performance. I finally replaced it after 22 years. Since then I have bought Sertas repeatedly and have never been disappointed.

Phoenicia Cloud Rosamond, CA

I have a futon couch that is great and was very affordable. We bought two because my family has 6 people and we can all fit and enjoy. My mom can even spend the night there if she wants. The only problem is that they don’t last as long with so many people using it.

Chris Milke Olney, MD

Love love love the Serta iComfort bed we bought. Would recommend all in the market for a memory foam option try it out before making a decision.

Matt Markin Kearney, NE

I sleep...I am human...I love sleep! This bed is comfy! I wouldn't want anyone to come along and wake me up if they're wise enough to realize what I would do to them for ruining such good sleep, on a great mattress

Kirk Dallas, TX

I have always used serta pillows and mattress covers/toppers and they have not disappointed. I just got a new serta king sized mattress with pillow top and cooling jel for a steal of a price. Great quality brand without paying extra for the name.

Jincey Lafayette, LA

The quality of the Serta mattress hybrid with springs is good. However, customer service is bad and the shipping they use often misdelivers if the delivery is ever made. Very difficult to contact customer service for warranty issues.

Nishita McLean, VA

The biggest drawback is that they do not have customizable sizes, and only offer spring base options. We had a bedframe and Serta mattresses available were either a size too small or too big, there was no in between. The representatives at a couple of Serta stores we visited, weren't able to help us either. A little disappointed.

Kaleb Herbert Gilbert, AZ

I have gone through 8 different beds. I am guilty of buying the free delivery unwrap bed, the high-end expensive bed and at the end of the day, my Serta Bed is the one that has given my wife and I the best sleep. My back has stopped hurting and I have been able to sleep deeper and longer, no tossing and turning

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

When we were searching for a mattress for our guest room we asked around and found that Serta was a well liked brand. We tested it out in the store and it was really comfortable. So far it has been a great mattress. The company was helpful and informative on the mattress itself and could tell us exactly what we were buying.

Christa Kelhower Le Mars, IA

Our mattress is the most comfortable one that we've ever owned and it was so much cheaper than other major brands. After 2 years, it's still like brand new. No sagging or bumps.

Sunny Perry Springville, UT

Very happy with my Serta Mattress. Had bad back pain from standing at work all day. I couldn't sleep the whole night waking up to change position because my legs would fall asleep. Got a Serta mattress and for the first time in 5 years I slept the whole night.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

They say that Serta makes the worlds best mattresses, and I don't know if that is true, but my experience has been good with them. My mattress is just the right softness for us and when I'm out of town sleeping in an unknown bed, I find myself longing for the mattress I'm used to... a Serta.

tini mapu Orem, UT

Serta beds are so comfortable. They can make you fall asleep instantly. It's great to come home after a long work day and just relax. It's hard to get out in the morning. I would recommend these beds to anyone who has a hard time sleeping.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Our Serta seemed to last quite a while and stay quite comfortable. My husband weighs 240 pounds so after a few years we did notice that his side tended to have a dip in it. Not horrible, but definitely noticeable. It's frustrating, but actually expected. I would love to find a mattress that doesn't do that. We were happy with it for while it lasted but now would like to replace it and haven't just because we can't afford a new one. So for now, we will due with our old Serta.

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

This is my current mattress and its the most comfortable one I've slept on. Its super soft which I love and doesnt give me any back pains. The support is really good and I couldnt ask for anything more. Although it was kinda expensive.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

We have had two Serta mattresses for over 12 years and they are still the best mattresses we've ever had. They are extremely comfortable and haven't broken down at all. Whenever guests sleep at our house, they tell us how comfortable the bed is. I would buy a Serta again.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

Serta Mattress offer a great mattress for back problems. I feel very comfortable in my Firm mattress from Serta.

Van M. Orem, UT

We have bought multiple mattresses and they lasted us a long time. The price was good as well.

Joe & frances El Paso, TX

There are very well experienced this is so wonderful I love this company it’The mattress is so so so soft

Kent Logan, UT

Got a Serta to replace our mattress after about ten years on our first one after getting married. Has held up very well so far.

Abby Driggs Provo, UT

I have never felt a comfier mattress than this brand. Only $700 from RC Willy which was a great price for how soft this mattress is. I also wake up without my back feeling sore (which happens when I sleep on tempurpedic).

Brody B Orem, UT

Not the best mattress I have owned but still a very good quality product. I would buy Serta again. We had an issue initially and customer service was able to address the problem and make things right. This went a long way for me.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

Over the last 5 years Serta has really improved their mattresses. They have always been a high quality mattress but now they are also very comfortable. They have many options to choose from.

Justin Knorr American Fork, UT

The Serta pillow top mattresses we have purchased have been so comfortable. We always sleep well on these mattresses and they are comfortable to read and relax before sleeping.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

love my daughters serta mattress. it is so comfy and we have had it for a couple years now and still feels the same as the day we bought it. great mattress and helps get a good night sleep

Tyra Crockett American Fork, UT

I recently purchased a Serta mattress with an adjustable bed frame. I love it. It is really comfortable. I love the adjustable bed frame. I have asthma, and it helps me breathe better at night.

gail simes Hazelwood, MO

I have my serta mattress and box springs for years and have always used Serta when I purchased mattresses and boxsprong

Kip Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had a mattress from Serta for years and it is very comfortable. We like that we only have to turn it over twice a year to keep if from losing it's shape.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

Very great mattresses. Comparable prices. Very comfortable. We have purchased four twin sized for bunk beds and they have kept their comfort for years. I’m impressed.

Emily Lindon, UT

We just bought a Serta mattress and we love it. The mattress is very high quality and the perfect firmess. We anticipate it lasting for at least 10 years.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

I love how helpful each person I've spoken with is. They're eager to look for the right fit for my body and are willing to take their time rather than rush to get a sale.

Melanie Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

The first mattress that my husband and I owned was a baseline Serta. 23 years later we still have it, though it is in the guest room and is pretty worn out. We have a 4 inch memory foam topper for comfort. It wasn't the greatest mattress, but we were grateful for it.

Deborah Hyde Springfield, MO

Our serta mattress is really comfy and we've had it for 5 years. I thought it was a good price for the quality of product and it's a good solution for people who like firm and mattresses and soft mattresses.

L Gilbert, AZ

We had a Serra for about 8 years and it was a decent mattress. I did feel like we overpaid for it because it was really only good for about 5 years and we just made it work for the other 3, and for what we paid it should have been closer to 8 yrs.

H Moore Lehi, UT

Serta's mattresses are great quality, and every time we've purchased one, we've been happy with it. When my son moved into an apartment, he also bought a Serta.

Melanie Miller West Jordan, UT

We just bought a Serra for the first time. We love it! The cooling layers really do get you cool.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I have a 3 inch Serta mattress topper. It is comfortable and affordable at Kohl's black Friday sale.

OwenE. Norcross, GA

My current mattress is a Serta and it’s the most comfortable mattress I’ve slept on and was really cheap for the value.

Vy Nguyen Kansas City, MO

Serta makes incredible mattresses. They are very comfortable and makes sleeping very enjoyable. Their customer service is also very good.

Tamra Orem, UT

We just purchased a Serta after laying on probably 50 different beds. I love it so much and it is such a good price for what you are getting.

August Moulton Lehi, UT

After many years, our Serta mattress is still awesome. We have enjoyed the lasting quality and been impressed with the mattress overall.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

I got a mattress from my mom. Was great at first. I think it might be a cheapest model. I've only had it 3 years but the springs are pretty shot. Might be best to go for the higher ends models

Samuel Welch Gilbert, AZ

I have used the same Serta mattress for the past 10 years. Over all those years it has maintained its comfort. Though it was a cheap mattress it is well worth the price.