Casper Logo

Casper

8.1

Since launching in 2014, researchers, designers, and engineers at Casper Labs have spent most of their days studying the science of sleep and creating innovative sleep products.

With the belief that great sleep changes everything, Casper revolutionized the mattress industry by creating a high quality, comfortable mattress that is shipped in a box for a more affordable price than its traditional mattress store competitors.

Casper is committed to creating innovative sleep products and has an intensive research and development team with 45 researchers, scientists, and engineers, 25 prototype and testing machines, over 100 product tests, and over 1,000 product iterations to ensure that its products give consumers their best rest.

The Good

• Casper Products
  • Risk-Free Trial
  • Free Shipping
  • Easy Returns
  • Financing with Affirm
  • Certifications and Safety
  • Retail Partners
  • Impact-Oriented Business

Casper Products

While browsing Casper’s website, you’ll find a variety of sleep products. The company not only sells mattresses but pillows, bed frames, bedding, dog beds, glow lights, weighted blankets, duvets, nap pillows, and more.

The mattresses are probably Casper’s most popular product. The Original, which comes with three zones of support, perforated breathable foam, and is available in all-foam or hybrid (springs for extra comfort).

The Casper Wave Hybrid is the company’s luxury model and includes continuous ergonomic zones. It also features the ZonedSupport™ Max system, which includes gel pods under the waist and lower back for added support.

The Casper Nova Hybrid is the most plush and includes seven zones of support for proper spinal alignment and two layers of perforated breathable foam.

Costs will vary depending on which size and which type of mattress you select. However, keep in mind that the Original is the cheapest, and the Casper Wave Hybrid is the most expensive.

Risk-Free Trial

Casper knows that your mattress plays a significant role in how you feel mentally, emotionally, and physically. With Casper’s risk-free trial, you can test out your new mattress for 100 nights. If, during the trial, you decide that it’s just not for you, simply contact the company to initiate the simple return process. Casper will pick up the mattress, do all the packing, and give you a full refund.

Free Shipping

Casper offers free shipping to every order regardless of how big or small. Shipping is quick: you can expect to receive a tracking number in one to two business days and then your order in one to three business days. Casper’s free shipping applies to residents of the contiguous United States and most of Canada. The company charges shipping for those living in Alaska, Hawaii, and Northern Canada (Yukon, Northwest, and Nunavut territories).

Easy Returns

If you decide that Casper’s products just aren’t for you, you can return the product within your trial period for a full refund.

Smaller products (bedding, pillows, and dog beds) can easily be returned. All you need to do is visit Casper’s return center, enter your order number, print your shipping label, and drop off your package at a UPS store.

To return a mattress, you’ll need to contact the company to initiate the return. You don’t need to worry about squeezing the mattress into a box, Casper will work with you to arrange a pickup through a local charity or recycling partner.

Additionally, there are no shipping costs for returns. You can expect to see your refund back on your original payment method within two weeks.

Financing with Affirm

Casper accepts several payment methods, such as major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay.

However, more recently, the mattress company partnered with Affirm to offer simple monthly payments with no hidden fees. Consumers can fill out an application and prequalify in minutes.

Although Casper isn’t the most expensive mattress company in the industry, it is nice to see the company partnering with a financing company to offer a solution for those who can’t pay for everything upfront.

Certifications and Safety

All the foams in Casper mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified. CertiPUR-US® approved foams are made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. They are Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million).

Additionally, Casper mattresses are tested and must pass a stringent burn test (required by the federal government). Because of this, Casper includes a fire retardant knit sock that covers the foam. The knit sock is made from a proprietary yarn with a silica core and a polyester/acrylic/nylon/rayon outer wrap. When the yarn burns, a char barrier is formed, preventing oxygen from feeding the flames.

Retail Partners

Products are sold through the company website, but you can also find Casper products through top retailers in more than 2,000 stores nationwide such as Amazon or Target. Casper products will be available in most Target stores, but make sure to check with your local store.

Impact-Oriented Business

Coinciding with its mission of improving sleep, Casper also believes in improving its communities and impact on the planet. Through partners such as the International Rescue Committee, Casper has donated over 70,000 of its products to those in need of a place to sleep. The company also commits its time to organizations like Start Small Think Big and Women in Need. Casper is working towards lessening environmental impact by recycling old pillows, sheets, and mattresses at select Casper Stores. The company is also working on sustainability through better packaging and use of natural materials.

The Bad

Financing Restrictions

Financing is only available in the United States for orders over $350 and currently is not available to West Virginia or Iowa residents.

The Bottom Line

Casper is perhaps one of the most recognized mattress companies, and it certainly changed the industry with its bed-in-a-box design. Casper offers a variety of sleep products, but the majority of customers visit the site looking for a mattress.

Although the company isn’t the cheapest option when it comes to mattresses, you certainly get what you pay for. There are three mattress options and each one offers several unique features all designed to help you get a better night’s sleep.

Additionally, all of Casper’s mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified and have passed all federal safety tests. If you’re worried about spending a lot of money upfront, we suggest looking into financing your purchase with Casper’s financing partner, Affirm.

5.0

Samuel Allen Salt Lake City, UT

I listen to my favorite podcasts as I fall asleep and heard an ad for Casper. I had been thinking of getting a new mattress so I ordered a full size without hesitation because of their special 100 night guarantee. Let’s say I am ecstatic about my mattress. My next finds the right curve while my head and back is supported by cloud like filling that stays cool, firm, and supportive! I love it!

Victoria Hartmann Bishop ,

I love the product. It arrived quickly, was super easy to set up, and most importantly is an amazing mattress! We had a little bit of back pain getting used to the mattress, but five years later we still love it! It's superb quality!

Ryan Boise, ID

I absolutely love my Casper Mattress. I have had back issues for years and wake up most morning in quite a bit of pain. Since I purchased the Casper mattress my back has received the support it needs during the night. I now wake up feeling so much better. This mattress has changed my life!

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

We got our first Capser mattress last year. Thus far it has been the best mattress that I have ever owned. It is the perfect firmness for me and was very comfortable throughout my first pregnancy. I would highly recommend this mattress to someone looking for long-term comfort.

Lora Thomas Denton, TX

I loved not having to go to a store to try a dozen beds and be hassled by a commissioned sales rep. I loved having the mattress delivered to my door. I loved that it doesn’t weigh as much as a baby grand. And best of all it is extremely comfortable.

Nikki Finch Pittsburgh, PA

We ordered a Mattress when the company first opened. The mattress was very affordable and extremely comfortable. I have recommended to several friends

Marie Arlington, VA

It’s a good balance between firm and soft—I sink into it just enough to be cozy but still have good support for my back. Also I move around a lot while sleeping and my partner doesn’t feel a thing!

SBM Albuquerque, NM

This matter has been a life changer. I suffer for lower back and we got this matter this year it was hard to get used to at first and as your body gets used to it you begin to feel so much better. I would highly recommend it, it is very comfortable an soft it just molds to your body without sinking at all. its amazing

Jay McCartney Charlottesville, VA

We bought a Casper mattress over a year ago. It replaced a traditional inner spring mattress. The cost savings to visiting a mattress store were outstanding. Having it delivered to your door compressed in a box is pretty cool. The Casper mattress has been comfortable and a great decision.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

After an awful experience with our Tempur-Pedic bed, my husband and I have finally made the switch to Casper and we are so happy about it! I have a herniated disc and when watching all the videos, they seemed to focus a lot on the right support for your back when you sleep which made it an easy choice! Looking forward to better night sleeps from here on out.

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

I have been very happy with my king sized Casper mattress. It is firm and soft at the same time. Great purchase!

Sarah Crowther Draper, UT

The Casper mattress has been comfortable and supportive. It's hard to find a nicer bed even when we travel to high end hotels.

Amanda Allen, TX

The most comfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on. Excellent customer service, as well. Highly recommend the Casper mattress.

Jordyn Kerner Fayetteville, AR

I have never gotten better sleep! The mattress is also super lightweight and comes rolled up in a box upon delivery, which is very convenient when moving it. A little pricey, but definitely worth the investment.

Angela Sotnikov Honolulu, HI

I like the quality of their mattresses and the fact that they deliver to Hawaii via Amazon with a reasonable shipping fee of less than $30. Most of the other competitors charge a ridiculous shipping fee or simply will not ship to Hawaii at all.

Jess Root Gilbert, AZ

This mattress is so comfortable. Just as comfortable as our previous memory foam mattress and a fraction of the cost.

Taylor Siren Gilbert, AZ

Casper mattresses are a trustworthy source to purchase quality mattresses for a low price.