Beautyrest Logo

5.0

Beautyrest is the flagship brand of the Simmons bedding company. You might remember the company’s commercials which featured a bowling ball demonstration to show how little motion is transferred from one side of the bed to the other while sleeping.

Each mattress is designed and made to order in the United States. Beautyrest uses a three-tiered quality system, with Silver, Platinum, and Black.

The Beautyrest Silver is the entry-level line, with over 20 innerspring and hybrid mattress models. It was previously known as Beautyrest Classic and Beautyrest Recharge. Queen mattress prices range from $699-$1,999.

The Beautyrest Platinum line is the midrange option, with over 16 regular coil, as well as hybrid foam options. This Beautyrest hybrid line offers luxury firm, extra firm, firm, plush, and ultimate plush comfort level availability for body contouring while you are sleeping, as well as pillowtop and non-pillowtop choices. Queens range from $1,299-$2,999.

The Beautyrest Black is the highest quality collection of more than 17 premium mattresses ranging between $1,700-$3,499. Unique technologies are used to make this comfortable mattress line. These include three-stranded pocket coil technology designed to offer pressure point relief and back support, as well as Micro Diamond Memory Foam comfort layer which conforms and supports your body and uses special diamond particles to help dissipate heat. Some models include BlackICE gel memory foam on the upper surface of the mattress for additional heat control and/or a special SurfaceCool Plus Fiber that combats additional heat retention.

Beautyrest makes about 50 high-quality mattress models, with eight Queen size models under $1,000, and zero under $500. Beautyrest SmartMotion adjustable bases with features like a Zero-G, massage, SnoreRelief, memory presets, USB charging, and weight limits of 650 or 850 pounds are also available.

The Good

• Options
  • Sleep Tracker
  • Warranty

Options

With Beautyrest, you can choose a pricing level, different firmness levels, and euro or pillow topper options. The company offers several types of heat control as well as innerspring options with foam technology comfort layer options or hybrid mattress options.

Sleep Tracker

Customers get a free Sleeptracker monitor with qualifying purchases. It uses sensors on your bed and mattress to measure your body's respiration and heart rate while sleeping, as well as your sleep cycle and movement. An alarm system will wake you up at the optimal time for your body.

The device can record two sleepers at once and provides information in the Sleeptracker app to help you get a good night's sleep.

Warranty

Most models carry a 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects. As with most mattress warranties, you need to use a mattress protector and a proper mattress foundation, as well as follow the proper usage instructions.

The Bad

• Price
  • Model Confusion

Price

You can't get a Queen size Beautyrest mattress for less than $699. While some companies will make a low-priced option just to have one available, Beautyrest doesn't make low-price or low-quality mattresses.

Model Confusion

As with many different mattress manufacturers, the same model may go by different names at different national retailers. Consumers may find this confusing when trying to find comparable mattress options.

The Bottom Line

This well-regarded mattress brand, which invented the first pocket coils back in 1925, continues to specialize in coil and coil plus memory foam hybrid mattress construction. Beautyrest’s tiered collections offer a range of price points, as well as choices for support, comfort level, pressure relief, construction type, quality, and heat lessening memory foam technologies.

Most new models carry a 10-year warranty, but as this isn’t a direct retail company, customer service policies are really set by mattress retailers. Your support, delivery, and service with a mattress like this will depend on the retailer you choose.

View Best Mattress Companies

Lorraine Johnson Selma, CA

before my Beautyrest mattress i was having back issues. Since i have been sleeping on this matress no more back issues. sometimes with the old mattress i had to roll out of bed or get help getting out. i thought it was just me that my back was going out not true. it is like having the right chair to sit in works for where you lay your body on as well

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

we purchased 4 Beautyrest mattress's for our kids bed's when it was time to replace their old ones. the price we paid I felt was a pretty good deal. the mattress's we chose were comfortable and so far have lasted and held up very well. it has been 7 years since purchasing and they are still in really good shape. im sure that when the time comes to replace these ones we will be going with a Beautyrest again.

Lindsey B Orem, UT

LOVE our Beautyrest! We have never been happier with a mattress. The quality of product for the price is amazing. We have had more expensive mattresses in the past that don't even come close to the quality we found with Beautyrest. If you are looking for a mattress, do yourself a favor and look into Beautyrest before buying something else. I'm positive you will be surprised.

Katie Howard Pleasant Grove, UT

This has been my favorite mattress I've ever owned. It is perfect for my specific needs: soft pillow-top to help with pressure points, medium firmness underneath to help back issues. I've tried temperpedic mattresses and couldn't stand the way they felt; pillow-top is better for me, personally. I chose the Beautyrest because it was supposed to move less when two people are in the bed, and I feel it has done a good job with that compared to our last mattress. It was pretty expensive, but sadly, all decent mattresses are.

Joe Livingston Waukegan, IL

Quality and long lasting comfort. This mattress is still like new and we have had it for over 5 years now. Will definitely look at another whenever I a new or replacement mattress is needed.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

I think this has been my favorite mattress. There are many types to select from. Depending on weather you like it firmer or softer. They are high quality mattresses and last for many years. They are really comfortable and I sleep great.

Jeff B Orem, UT

Over the course of the last 10 years we have had 3 different quality mattresses. Beautyrest is our favorite by far. It has kept is shape and firmness well past the point of other mattresses failing in our experience. I am 100% positive that the next time I am in the market for a new mattress I will be buying a Beautyrest.

Jennifer Perry Spring Valley, CA

My beauty rest is amazing. I bought mine 2 years ago and it still keeps it shape. I bought a California king with the gel foam and it really does keep you cool throughout the night. I would recommend this mattress to others.

Brennan Orem, UT

Great mattress, great price, and high quality. I have really loved my Beautyrest and would recommend it to anyone looking for a mattress. I have had a lot of mattresses and Beautyrest is by far the best.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

we currently have 5 Beautyrest mattress's and have been pleased with them. they were purchased about 10 years ago and since then they have continued to hold up really well and they haven't broken down at all either.

Marci Schramm Salem, UT

I love love love my beauty rest mattress. I used to sleep on a water bed but had some back issues. I bought the top of the line probably 20 years ago and still love this mattress. Love love love.

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

I currently have a Beautyrest mattress and at first, it felt extremely comfortable but here we are just a few years down the road and it has broken down quite a bit. It dips down even after having rotated the mattress multiple times. Just wish for the amount of money we spent that it would have lasted a bit longer.

Lisa Hanson Calabasas, CA

It’s a bit confusing, different model names sold at different stores. Our mattress was very nice for many years. We upgraded on our next purchase and got a larger size. Mattress lasted 13 years.

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

I have really bad back pain and since I got my new mattress I can actually get a good night's sleep.. I highly recommend beautyrest

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I have a 3 inch beauty rest mattress topper. It is very comfortable. I think I got it at Costco. Well worth the money.

Jason Anderson Lindon, UT

I have a California king and absolutely love it. It is the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. Its lasted for a lot longer than any other mattress I've ever owned.

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

My Beautyrest mattress is firm yet offers just enough softness to be comfortable. It is durable. I have slept great since getting this mattess!

Dennis Blough Laguna Hills, CA

Great mattresses at first however after a few years they sag or develop a raised mound in the center dividing my wife and I.

Keri Christensen Lehi, UT

We have a pillow top beauty rest mattress and it was amazing for the first year and a half. After that the pillow top started losing its shape and now three years later the one side is completely sunken in.

Andy Flower Clearfield, UT

Extremely comfortable yet firm. Bought thru Ashley furniture

Spencer Ashburn, VA

best mattress ive ever owned. never knew how bad I was sleeping before I bought this bed.

Steve schramm Salem, UT

Very good quality, comfortable. Have had one for many years and the quality holds up well.

Judy Anstess Carmichael, CA

Comfort, and best price for your money..

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We love our Beautyrest mattress and it has lasted a very long time.

Stephen Robbins Cypress, CA

Comfortable, firm support with a soft top.

Jordy Cooley Gilbert, AZ

Comfortable and firm mattress for our needs. It held up to many years of use.

Bonnie Sassman Pflugerville, TX

Have had close to 10 years & still fairly comfortable.

Martina S. Washington, DC

Some what quality, but wears out quickly for the price