Best Company Guarantee Regional Finance Logo

Regional Finance

9.0

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

For over 30 years Regional Finance has been providing a personal loan product through its network of more than 350 locations in 14 states. Founded in South Carolina, Regional Finance has expanded its services and focuses especially on providing loan products to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit.

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes and loan amounts typically range from $500 to $12,000 and vary by state. The loan has fixed rates and fixed terms, which can be helpful in managing payments.

Continue reading for a full review of this personal loan company.

Video Customer Reviews

Jessie Montonya Customer Review Video About Regional Finance

Jessie Montonya

Willie faye Greer Customer Review Video About Regional Finance

Willie faye Greer

The Good

• Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit
  • Loans Typically Require Collateral
  • Co-Borrowers Accepted
  • Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score
  • Loans for a Variety of Purposes
  • Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus
  • No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees
  • Online Account Management
  • Customer Service

Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit

Regional Finance seeks to serve and provide its personal loan product to borrowers with limited credit access. Loan rates and terms are assessed on an individual basis, and so if you have less-than-perfect credit, you could have a chance to qualify for a Regional Finance personal loan.

While Regional Finance could be a great choice for borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, if you have an excellent credit score (700+), you would likely be able to qualify for a personal loan with better rates and terms elsewhere.

Loans Typically Require Collateral

The Regional Finance personal loan requires collateral except in certain states.

The fact that Regional Finance typically requires collateral for a personal loan is indicative of its focus on lending to borrowers who may have limited credit access, since your credit score isn't the only thing that the company is relying on to ensure that you can make loan repayments.

Collateral should be in some form of personal property, such as a car, and it must be insured in case of loss or damage.

Co-Borrowers Accepted

You can apply for a Regional Finance personal loan with a co-borrower, meaning that you and another individual are both responsible for paying back your loan.

It is important to note that a co-borrower is different from a cosigner. With a co-borrower, both parties are responsible for paying back the loan, whereas a cosigner is only responsible for making payments if you are unable to do so for whatever reason.

Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score

With Regional Finance you can easily prequalify for a personal loan. This process will not impact your credit score, but if you choose to move forward a hard credit check will be performed to complete the loan process, which is a standard practice in the industry.

Most lenders offer a pre-qualification option with no impact to your credit score, allowing you to easily compare loan options and see what would be best for you.

Loans for a Variety of Purposes

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes, such as debt consolidation, medical expenses, home repairs, or any other large expense. Your use of funds is flexible, which is a helpful offering if other expenses arise even after you apply for and receive your loan.

Some lenders, such as LightStream, have very strict loan purpose guidelines, requiring borrowers to use their funds only for what they outlined in their application, but this is not the case with Regional Finance.

Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus

Regional Finance reports monthly to Equifax and TransUnion. This is good news, especially for borrowers who may be trying to monitor their credit. That being said, make sure that you make consistent on-time payments on your loan, as this activity will be reported to these credit bureaus and could either really help or really hurt your credit score.

No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees

Applying for a Regional Finance personal loan is cost-free, and you can also pay off your loan early without penalty, which could save you money in interest.

Online Account Management

Once you are approved for your personal loan, you can easily access your loan information online by setting up a Regional Finance account. Through your account you will be able to schedule and make payments, set up AutoPay, and update your contact information.

To create an account you must have a specific Regional Finance account number which can be found on your loan contract, in your welcome letter/email, on payment receipts, or by contacting your local branch. Without this number you won't be able to create your online account.

Regional Finance prides itself on offering a personalized loan experience by providing excellent customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can easily contact a Regional Finance representative by phone or email, or you can stop by a branch to speak with a loan officer about your financial information and loan details.

The Bad

• Only Available in 14 States
  • Low Maximum Loan Amount
  • Undisclosed Rates

Only Available in 14 States

Regional Finance is only licensed in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Wisconsin
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Utah

Unfortunately, if you don't reside in any of these states, the Regional Finance personal loan product will not be available to you.

Low Maximum Loan Amount

Regional Finance offers loans from $600 to $10,000, or even up to $12,000 in some states. This is a fairly low maximum loan amount compared to other lenders that may offer up to $100,000. However, most companies that lend to borrowers with less-than-perfect offer lower loan amounts.

Undisclosed Rates

Exact rates and loan terms are not disclosed on the Regional Finance website. While you will receive this information based on your personal information through prequalification, it can be helpful to see an interest rate range up front so you can have some idea of what to expect.

While rates are not outlined online, they are provided at some in-branch locations in certain states, such as Alabama.

Since Regional Finance lends to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, it is likely that interest rates will be higher than you may see elsewhere.

The Bottom Line

If you have limited credit access, a Regional Finance personal loan could be a great choice for you.

That being said, if you have high and/or excellent credit (700+), you may want to look into other lending options since Regional Finance's rates will likely be higher than what you could qualify for elsewhere. In addition, if you are in need of a large loan amount, then you will need to look into other lenders since Regional Finance only offers loans up to $10,000 ($12,000 in some states).

Based on what we've seen, we would recommend Regional Finance, particularly if you have less-than-perfect credit.

If you have borrowed from Regional Finance, please tell us about your experience by leaving a review.

View Best Personal Loan Companies

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

Marcelino Rico Grand Prairie, TX

When applying for the loan they denied but received a loan check in the mail, two weeks later which was awesome but a waste by me going somewhere else and paying the interest with them.

Reply from Regional Finance

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Sep. 28th, 2022

Almeta N Sims Chicago, IL

Regional Finance has a good team with friendly personalities and a high level of professionalism. The loan process was swift, easy, and convenient. However, I have a good credit and Fico score but, the interest rate of 35% which is extremely high, doesn't reflect that and is the biggest drawback for this company towards a customer with exceptional credit and good payment history.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Almeta, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Lavon Talbert Kings Mountain, NC

First allow me to say I have been a repeat customer for many years, and I absolutely love the wonderful, friendly staff at Gastonia, NC location. Although this refinance loan was prepared by a new employee it took about the same length of time as when one of your seasoned loan officers does my refinance loan, I feel the length of time for a refinance loan process is very long. As the COVID-19 virus continues to run rampant I feel any thing you could do to limit face to face contact with customers could definitely protect customers and employees so the following statement is just a suggestion. I have a loan with a different company where their procedure allows customer to call to request refinance and if approved forms are sent via email/text to customer then once forms are signed and company receives forms with required signatures loan amount is sent via automatic deposit into customer's account or debit card. This procedure is so much faster and protects everyone at the same time. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to share my experience with my local Regional Finance office.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lavon, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

JUANA MOORE Dallas, TX

OK I THINK IT WAS A GREAT DEAL AND THE AGENT WAS NICE

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Juana, thank you for your kind words. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 1st, 2022

Ernest Munoz Dallas, TX

My loan process took more than an hour no paper work was ready I'm not a first time customer asked for a higher loan but was only allowed half of what I needed maybe your qualifications standards are higher but I only ask for what I need

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ernest, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Angela Coaxum Mount Pleasant, SC

Excellent service; just wish I could have gotten a lower rate.

Nov. 22nd, 2022

Willie B Polk Jr Charlotte, NC

Only problem I got is being a long term customer you have to always come up with different collateral each time you refinance your loan, as a company and customer relationship there should be trust after a few years, 4 copy of your check stubs, why can't it just be the last two, bill statement received in the mail, I actually go paperless on everything so it's hard to show that. Overall the company is ok.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Willie, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Christy Menasha, WI

Everything was easy and went great but no one explained how much I was getting or how I would receive it until they had already printed a check and handed it to me. I was expecting to go over all of that during the process.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Christy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Renfrow Wilson, NC

Great Company! The employee is very knowledgeable.

Reply from Regional Finance

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our team. We will make sure to pass along your compliments to the branch.

Nov. 22nd, 2022

Adeline Houston, TX

The experience wasn't bad, but the interest rates on these types loan are a bit much. Seems to be geared towards people in need to further keep them in debt. Yes, I know I took advantage of the opportunity, but only because I was in need.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Adeline, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Brian Richardson Nashville, NC

Regional Finance has helped me multiple times with loans and everyone has always been knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. I would have liked to seen a lower interest rate offered this time, especially since I never missed a payment, but would definitely recommend them

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Ana Del Rio, TX

Wasn't given a choice about autopay would of preferred to pay in person. It's easier to keep track of my bills. But I did like they gave me an option to break down my payments into two instead monthly.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ana, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Charlene Miles Kenley West Columbia, SC

Very Friendly and try to expedite the process as fast as possible but there are hoops that they have to go through at the end for co workers having to sign off. I know it is for security reasons but should be done before customer gets there.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Charlene, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Nov. 8th, 2021

Melvin Scott Wilson Trinity, TX

Loan approval was quick, online payment options were convenient.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Melvin, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Sep. 28th, 2022

David Z Waynesboro, VA

Everything was great. You are even willing to work with a borrower if we have trouble making a payment. Of course keeping the lines of communication open is key!!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi David, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 30th, 2021

Casey B Glass Round Rock, TX

The process was relatively easy, each person I have spoken with since opening my account has been very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very informative.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Casey, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 20th, 2021

Brian Elliston, VA

Easy, high interest though. If you need some cash that you can pay back quickly though it’s worth it. High interest so if you don’t pay it off fast, you’ll pay back more than it’s worth.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Brian, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Aug. 25th, 2021

Beatrix McLaughlin Alexandria, VA

It was an easy process over all, but the first time I received a loan, I was sent a check in the mail and if I cashed it that was the contract. This time upon a renewal I filled out more paperwork than getting a new car

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Beatrix, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive epxerience.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Lori Creel Greenville, SC

Overall been good to work with. Application process was easy and courtesy calls for payments are also 8+

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

May. 9th, 2022

Gwendolyn Lavern Smith Athens, GA

They are great people to do financing with, because they show that about you and they also work with you.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Gwendolyn, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Apr. 27th, 2022

Rhonda Goode Charlotte, NC

Everything went smoothly, but I was supposed to decide between two terms but they only game me one when I got there.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rhonda, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Apr. 27th, 2022

Howard Martin Orange, TX

They made me feel important ...they was professional and very helpful they made my experience easy....

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Howard, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mar. 15th, 2022

KATHY LOAN Mooresville, NC

would be 5 stars if the interest rate wasn't so high. but they are reliable, professional, friendly and there when I need them.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Kathy, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Feb. 23rd, 2022

Michael Davis Bessemer, AL

Ms.Portia is very professional and treats me with the utmost respect. She also works to get me the deal she can. I really like dealing with Regional Finance.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Sep. 21st, 2021

Bruno Garcia Austin, TX

They were very courteous and helpful in completing the loan application.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Bruno, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 27th, 2022

Tamisha St. Luce Raleigh, NC

Jada S is the best rep I've ever dealt with. I would recommend Regional Finance because of her.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Tamisha, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mar. 15th, 2022

Jerry Hernandez Austin, TX

it is not as friendly as it used to be i may have just been used to the people i have always dealt with

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jerry, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Feb. 23rd, 2022

Beverly J Simmons Richmond, TX

Courteous Staff and very accommodating. The office is neat and professionally decorated with seasonal holiday displays.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Beverly, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

May Sand Springs, OK

Friendly staff and respectful. They respect your privacy and feel I comfortable. They're very helpful and fast.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi May, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Shelly Charlotte, NC

Very fast and productive. They were able to get me in and out. I was able to provide all information before i walked in.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Shelly, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nov. 24th, 2021

Theresa D. Stephens Raleigh, NC

We have been a part of Regional for years and have always been able to up our loae when needed and has always been at reasonable interest.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Theresa, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Oct. 12th, 2021

Linda Chaney Ringgold, VA

They treated me fairly ...not just a number...they handled my paperwork with the same confidentiality as they would their on...

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Linda, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Adam Woodbridge, VA

Very friendly and helpful staff. It couldn't come at a better time.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Adam, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

May. 27th, 2022

Monique Ponca City, OK

They helped me more than I expected! Not in the amount but the value

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Gregory Marshall

Fast and convenient , I submitted all documents and was approved

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Gregory, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Apr. 8th, 2022

E Columbia, SC

The staff and service was great and the loan process was explained perfectly

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi E, thank you for your kind words. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mar. 29th, 2022

Wuanette Milwaukee, WI

I like Regional Finance. The only problem is each time I took out a loan the rate increased.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Wuanette, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thank you!

Mar. 4th, 2022

Alphonsa Reeves Augusta, GA

they're great pleasant to work with never give high ratings because no one is perfect

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Alphonsa, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Feb. 2nd, 2022

Angel Grass Chouteau, OK

They are always very helpful. They are very nice. They get things done quickly for you.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Angel, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Stephen Grubbs Spring, TX

Most of the time they are willing to extend my line of credit, but sometimes not.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Stephen, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Ronald Greensboro, NC

Nice friendly and customer service I would recomd to any who needs there service

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ronald, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Anamaria Hernandez Alamo, TX

They are very professional, courteous, and respectable but the process to renew takes a long time

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Anamaria, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Beverly Davidson Richmond, VA

My opinion grants a 4-star survey due to the process period, professionalism and courtesy

Patricia Langston El Paso, TX

They are what I call the 3 P's professional, personable and prompt in their decision making!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Patricia, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Steven Moore Durham, NC

The whole process from applying for a loan to repaying that loan has been easy so far.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Steven, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Steve Cibolo, TX

Most of the time they are on point with their knowledge and help with personal lians

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Steve, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mary A Edmonds Durham, NC

This is my second loan, and it was easy to get and I was able to pay off a couple of my credit cards

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Mary, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nov. 24th, 2021

ARIEL M TAYLOR Henderson, NC

They are very nice and efficient with working with you and getting you the assistance you need for getting cash.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ariel, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nov. 8th, 2021

Taylor Gilstrap Tulsa, OK

Love the customer service, but it seems you have some internal technical issues that need working with.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Taylor, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Aug. 25th, 2021

Derek O Paige Madison Heights, VA

Super helpful and friendly. Quick and very professional.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Derek, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.