OneMain Financial

OneMain Financial Logo

OneMain Financial

verified
OneMain Financial offers personal loans from $1,500-$15,000

Formerly known as CitiFinancial, OneMain Financial has been offering financial solutions since 1912 and has nearly 1,700 local branches in 44 states. Springleaf Financial acquired OneMain Financial in 2015 and the combined companies are now known as OneMain. OneMain Financial offers personal loans from $1,500 - $15,000, making funds available as early as the same day if you apply by noon. The lender's customer base is extremely satisfied with OneMain Financial's services and highlight quality customer service, attentive staff, and a simple loan application process. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to see what else consumers are saying about the loan provider.

The Good

• Availability
  • Same-Day Funds
  • Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments
  • No Prepayment Penalty
  • Industry Pioneer
  • Minimum Loan Amount
  • Secured Loan Available
  • OneMain Financial Reviews

Availability

OneMain Financial has nearly 1,700 branches in 44 states, providing a large portion of the country with the opportunity to take advantage of its services. OneMain Financial offers three ways to apply for personal installment loans or auto loans: online, over the phone, or in person. It is one of only a few loan companies to offer three application options, as many newer providers only offer an online option. For those customers who like a personal touch, OneMain can provide it.

Same-Day Funds

After discussing your particular case with a professional, qualified loan processor, you can receive your loan offer and money as soon as the same day if you are approved by noon. OneMain loan proceeds may be disbursed by check, Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit, or a prepaid card. Receipt and availability of loan proceeds vary based on the funding option selected. Potential borrowers may contact a OneMain loan specialist for additional information about funding options and funds availability.

Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments

OneMain Financial loans have fixed rates and fixed payments, so you never have to worry about being bombarded with higher interest rates or increased monthly payments. When you receive your official loan offer, it will not change. This allows borrowers to plan ahead and be fully prepared for their personal loan payments.

No Prepayment Penalty

Unlike many other personal loan lenders, OneMain Financial does not charge a prepayment fee if you choose to repay the loan earlier than the due date requires. This allows borrowers to save a great deal of money in interest charges if they decide to do so.

Industry Pioneer

Originally established in 1912 under the name Commercial Credit, OneMain Financial touts itself as a pioneer in the finance industry. Just four years after its founding, the company began offering installment loans for automobiles, which was an exciting new phenomenon at the time. Since 1944, the company has been operating a credit insurance unit known as OneMain Solutions. As such, the company is an experienced player in the financial services industry.

Minimum Loan Amount

OneMain Financial allows you to borrow as little as $1,500, which is relatively low for a personal loan lender. Many financial institutions require minimum loan amounts closer to $5,000 or more. This is useful for borrowers who are looking to take out smaller personal loans.

Secured Loan Available

Many personal loan lenders only offer unsecured loans. OneMain Financial, however, offers secured loans as well as unsecured loans. This means you have the option to offer up collateral to help you qualify for a loan or simply to receive a lower annual percentage rate. Offering both types of loans caters more fully to a larger number of borrowers and gives them more loan options to work with. This is also useful for borrowers who have a less-than-excellent credit score, don't have enough credit history on their credit report, or have a higher debt-to-income ratio. A secured loan gives lenders the guarantee they need to ensure the borrower is a reliable customer.

OneMain Financial Reviews

With hundreds of reviews, OneMain Financial has a high star-rating from consumers, demonstrating a satisfactory customer base. Positive reviews note excellent customer service, a simple loan application process, and quick payment. If you want to learn more about the customer experience with the lender, browse OneMain Financial reviews below.

The Bad

Limited Max Loan Amount

OneMain Financial loan options max out at $15,000 for personal loans, which is relatively low compared to loan amounts offered by other online lenders in the industry. However, borrowers do have the option to take out $30,000 with OneMain if the loan is for a car. OneMain Financial also has a lower minimum loan amount than most lenders, which creates more opportunity for borrowers who are looking for smaller personal loans.

The Bottom Line

OneMain Financial allows consumers to apply for a loan online, over the phone, or in person, making the process simple and convenient for many individuals. The company, which is a pioneer in the financial industry, can provide borrowers with funds as early as the same day. The lender does not charge prepayment fees, so borrowers can pay off their OneMain Financial loan anytime they'd like, even if it's well before the due date. This allows borrowers to save money in interest charges and gives them more versatility in their loan options. With a high star rating from consumers, the lender is known for its excellent customer service, simple application process, and quick funds availability. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to learn more about the personal loan provider and its customer satisfaction.

*Not all applicants will qualify for larger loan amounts or most favorable loan terms.  Loan approval and actual loan terms depend on your ability to meet our credit standards (including a responsible credit history, sufficient income after monthly expenses, and availability of collateral).  Larger loan amounts require a first lien on a motor vehicle no more than ten years old, that meets our value requirements, titled in your name with valid insurance. Maximum APR is 35.99%, subject to state restrictions.  APRs are generally higher on loans not secured by a vehicle. The lowest APR shown represents the 10% of loans with the most favorable APR. Active duty military, their spouse or dependents covered under the Military Lending Act may not pledge any vehicle as collateral for a loan.  OneMain loan proceeds cannot be used for postsecondary educational expenses as defined by the CFPB’s Regulation Z, such as college, university or vocational expenses; for any business or commercial purpose; to purchase securities; or for gambling or illegal purposes.

Borrowers in these states are subject to these minimum loan sizes: Alabama: $2,100. California: $3,000. Georgia: Unless you are a present customer, $3,100 minimum loan amount. Ohio: $2,000. Virginia: $2,600.

Borrowers (other than present customers) in these states are subject to these maximum unsecured loan sizes: Florida: $8,000. Iowa: $8,500. Maine: $7,000. Mississippi: $7,500. North Carolina: $7,500. New York: $20,000. Texas: $8,000. West Virginia: $7,500. An unsecured loan is a loan which does not require you to provide collateral (such as a motor vehicle) to the lender.

Troy
March 21st, 2016 FL

Barb came thru for me once again and did a fantastic job helping me get approved and going to bat for me based on my past history and payment history within this system.. She is a great customer advocate and helped me when i needed it most and was VERY timely.

Richard
March 21st, 2016 Grants Pass, OR

I have poor credit and One Main approved me for a loan that I needed for an emergency. I had money in 4 hours. Thanks OneMain!!

christina johns
March 21st, 2016 Owenton, KY

OMF has always been helpful ,.their costumer service is great, the people I speak with are respectful and helpful. I would refer them to my family and friends. Christina Johns

Greg Hernandez
March 21st, 2016 TX

Over all the staff was exceptionally very polite and friendly and made sure that your personal information was always safe by thier own resposibility of our interview for a loan.

Eric
March 21st, 2016 Yonkers, NY

One Main loan came in handy to tide me over short term crisis. I was processed quickly and professionally. Thank you One Main.

Charlotte Ward
March 21st, 2016 Georgetown, KY

My experience with One Main was friendly and fast I had my loan within hours after I applied. Thank you One Main.

Nancy
March 21st, 2016 Columbus, OH

My husband and I have conducted business with One Main before and have always been satisfied. The loan officer was very helpful, answered all our questions and even helped us with an item not related to the loan. We certainly will use One Main in the future if necessary.

Paul lewis
March 21st, 2016 Chicago, IL

Everyone there is so helpful and knowledgeable in helping you with everything you need. They made the process so easy

chris
March 21st, 2016 Orem, UT

The customer service was excellent but the interest rate is terrible. I guess OneMain knows if we come to them for a loan we are really hurting for money so they can take advantage of the situation by charging such high interest.

Michelle
March 21st, 2016 Villa Ridge, MO

Good place for a loan if you have bad credit. They will try their hardest to get the money you need. My only complaint was it took all day long I got there at 11am and wasn't finished until 6pm and had to drive back home 3 times because they need proof of certain things that she didn't say I would need over the phone.

Gabriel Belin
March 21st, 2016 Grand Rapids, MI

Tonya at the Wayne Michigan office was very helpful each time of my requests very understanding company who takes time to and give you the extra step in what it takes to get your loan approved

Roger
March 21st, 2016 Jersey City, NJ

The employees were pleasant and professional and provided excellent ideas and provided excellent information on how best to supply my needs

Debbie P.
March 21st, 2016 Houston, TX

Very pleased. Professional and personable. Made borrowing easy and quick.

Pittman
March 21st, 2016 Four Oaks, NC

Very professional agents. They keep everything simple and it also helps builds your credit score up.

Tina
March 21st, 2016 Cape Coral, FL

I had a amazing experience, customer service was great. I would recommend this company 150 percent

Diane P. Walden
March 21st, 2016 GA

I thank GOD for the OneMain Financial loan because it was a big help with me paying off credit cards, paying medical bills, having repairs done to my conversion van that GOD and HIS SON JESUS Blessed me and my family with to transport my son who have special needs with and purchase items for the home.

emily
March 21st, 2016 Hillsboro, IL

Litchfield il office the people are very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change is the very high interest rate.

Connie Flores
March 21st, 2016 Houston, TX

This loan has help me pay off some credit cards w high interest rate. Now I have only one loan to pay w high interest rate. There rate is as bad as credit cards no different.

Ron
February 25th, 2016 Anaheim, CA

They approved me for a $2,000 installment loan. Then they asked for a MoneyGram for $250 and said the loan would fund within one and a half hours. The next day they said I needed to send another $200 and it would fund right away. They said if I cancelled the loan I would get my $450 back right away. They are now asking for $220 or now $190 which I do not have. They will not refund me the money. These guys are crooks and I know better but was desperate. I would never do business with them and learned never to send a MoneyGram again. I am reporting them to the BBB.

Brad thomad
February 25th, 2016 UT

I got a loan from one main not only am I paying there high interest rates but so far I've have payed over $2000.00 in processing fee I still have 14 months left on the loan so by the time I pay this off I'll have $10000.00 in interest & processing fees on $5000.00 loan

Syndee Berke
November 20th, 2015 Cottage Grove, MN

I could get a more fair business deal if I had borrowed from THE MOB! 3 years ago I was out on disability and had to borrow $6500.00. 3 years later, paying $200.00 a month, I still owe them over $3600.00! that is $2400.00 a year for three years and my loan is not even 1/2 paid yet! they take all your payments and apply them to the INTEREST FIRST! your principle does not decrease for YEARS! Seriously people! ANYONE ELSE is better than this dirty company!!!!

Dee
October 22nd, 2015 Richmond, VA

This is the worst company ever. The unemployment insurance is bogus at best. They wanted me to go back to my employer and ask them to fill out some paperwork instead of having the insurance company send and receive the paperwork from the company. I never did get the loan paid through the insurance, consequently I had to scrounge around and borrow money to pay this loan, otherwise needless to say, they harass you until you give them something. They are also extremely rude. I've resolved to dealing with the main company using the 800 number instead of the branch This company should close it's doors forever. Never again will I be suckered into taking a loan with this company again!!!!!

Teresa
October 9th, 2015 Minneapolis, MN

Will never make the mistake of getting a loan from One Main again!!! Tried calling them several times and had to leave messages. Worst company ever!!! Would not recommend using them!

tory
October 6th, 2015 Omaha, NE

Very high intrest . I got a 3,000 loan and paid 8,000 total . I had bad credit at the time .. but now my credit is way better . I wont make this mistake in the future.

Nonya
October 1st, 2015 Jamestown, NY

This place stinks! First off their APR is OUTRAGEOUS! They do nothing to try and help you at all. This is the worst place to work with! They are great in the beginning make everything look like butterflies and daisies like they want to help someone that needs it but it just screws you over. DO NOT GO WITH ONE MAIN

Nancy McDonald
September 17th, 2015 La Mesa, CA

I read their offer, but could find no way to contact them regarding the rate or length of the loan and it wasn't mentioned in the solicitation. I do not want my credit report run without knowledge of what I would be buying. If they are too high I wouldn't know it until after I went to a lot of trouble and exposure.

ahsen Mahmood
September 9th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Worst place to get alone very high interest rate even if you have good credit is what I've noticed lending tree is got to be the best if anybody is looking for a loan stay away from one main financial