Formerly known as CitiFinancial, OneMain Financial has been offering financial solutions since 1912 and has nearly 1,700 local branches in 44 states. Springleaf Financial acquired OneMain Financial in 2015 and the combined companies are now known as OneMain.

OneMain Financial offers personal loans from $1,500 - $20,000, with term lengths of 24, 36, 48, or 60 months available. Funds are available as early as the same day, if you apply by noon. The lender's customer base is extremely satisfied with OneMain Financial's services and highlight quality customer service, attentive staff, and a simple loan application process. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to see what else consumers are saying about the loan provider.

The Good

• Availability
  • Same-Day Funds
  • Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments
  • No Prepayment Penalty
  • Industry Pioneer
  • Minimum Loan Amount
  • Secured Loan Available
  • OneMain Financial Reviews

Availability

OneMain Financial has nearly 1,700 branches in 44 states, providing a large portion of the country with the opportunity to take advantage of its services. OneMain Financial offers three ways to apply for personal installment loans or auto loans: online, over the phone, or in person. It is one of only a few loan companies to offer three application options, as many newer providers only offer an online option. For those customers who like a personal touch, OneMain can provide it.

Same-Day Funds

After discussing your particular case with a professional, qualified loan processor, you can receive your loan offer and money as soon as the same day if you are approved by noon. OneMain loan proceeds may be disbursed by check, Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit, or a prepaid card. Receipt and availability of loan proceeds vary based on the funding option selected. Potential borrowers may contact a OneMain loan specialist for additional information about funding options and funds availability.

Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments

OneMain Financial loans have fixed rates and fixed payments, so you never have to worry about being bombarded with higher interest rates or increased monthly payments. When you receive your official loan offer, it will not change. This allows borrowers to plan ahead and be fully prepared for their personal loan payments.

No Prepayment Penalty

Unlike many other personal loan lenders, OneMain Financial does not charge a prepayment fee if you choose to repay the loan earlier than the due date requires. This allows borrowers to save a great deal of money in interest charges if they decide to do so.

Industry Pioneer

Originally established in 1912 under the name Commercial Credit, OneMain Financial touts itself as a pioneer in the finance industry. Just four years after its founding, the company began offering installment loans for automobiles, which was an exciting new phenomenon at the time. Since 1944, the company has been operating a credit insurance unit known as OneMain Solutions. As such, the company is an experienced player in the financial services industry.

Minimum Loan Amount

OneMain Financial allows you to borrow as little as $1,500, which is relatively low for a personal loan lender. Many financial institutions require minimum loan amounts closer to $5,000 or more. This is useful for borrowers who are looking to take out smaller personal loans.

Secured Loan Available

Many personal loan lenders only offer unsecured loans. OneMain Financial, however, offers secured loans as well as unsecured loans. This means you have the option to offer up collateral to help you qualify for a loan or simply to receive a lower annual percentage rate. Offering both types of loans caters more fully to a larger number of borrowers and gives them more loan options to work with. This is also useful for borrowers who have a less-than-excellent credit score, don't have enough credit history on their credit report, or have a higher debt-to-income ratio. A secured loan gives lenders the guarantee they need to ensure the borrower is a reliable customer.

OneMain Financial Reviews

With hundreds of reviews, OneMain Financial has a high star-rating from consumers, demonstrating a satisfactory customer base. Positive reviews note excellent customer service, a simple loan application process, and quick payment. If you want to learn more about the customer experience with the lender, browse OneMain Financial reviews below.

The Bad

• Limited Max Loan Amount
  • State Limitations

Limited Max Loan Amount

OneMain Financial loan options max out at $20,000 for personal loans, which is relatively low compared to loan amounts offered by other online lenders in the industry. However, borrowers do have the option to take out $30,000 with OneMain if the loan is for a car. OneMain Financial also has a lower minimum loan amount than most lenders, which creates more opportunity for borrowers who are looking for smaller personal loans.

State Limitations

OneMain Financial is not available in every state. Unfortunately, if you are outside of the company's service area, you will be unable to use OneMain Financial as your lender.

The Bottom Line

OneMain Financial allows consumers to apply for a loan online, over the phone, or in person, making the process simple and convenient for many individuals. The company, which is a pioneer in the financial industry, can provide borrowers with funds as early as the same day. The lender does not charge prepayment fees, so borrowers can pay off their OneMain Financial loan anytime they'd like, even if it's well before the due date. This allows borrowers to save money in interest charges and gives them more versatility in their loan options. With a high star rating from consumers, the lender is known for its excellent customer service, simple application process, and quick funds availability. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to learn more about the personal loan provider and its customer satisfaction.

*Not all applicants will qualify for larger loan amounts or most favorable loan terms.  Loan approval and actual loan terms depend on your ability to meet our credit standards (including a responsible credit history, sufficient income after monthly expenses, and availability of collateral).  Larger loan amounts require a first lien on a motor vehicle no more than ten years old, that meets our value requirements, titled in your name with valid insurance. Maximum APR is 35.99%, subject to state restrictions.  APRs are generally higher on loans not secured by a vehicle. The lowest APR shown represents the 10% of loans with the most favorable APR. Active duty military, their spouse or dependents covered under the Military Lending Act may not pledge any vehicle as collateral for a loan.  OneMain loan proceeds cannot be used for postsecondary educational expenses as defined by the CFPB’s Regulation Z, such as college, university or vocational expenses; for any business or commercial purpose; to purchase securities; or for gambling or illegal purposes.

Borrowers in these states are subject to these minimum loan sizes: Alabama: $2,100. California: $3,000. Georgia: Unless you are a present customer, $3,100 minimum loan amount. Ohio: $2,000. Virginia: $2,600.

Borrowers (other than present customers) in these states are subject to these maximum unsecured loan sizes: Florida: $8,000. Iowa: $8,500. Maine: $7,000. Mississippi: $7,500. North Carolina: $7,500. New York: $20,000. Texas: $8,000. West Virginia: $7,500. An unsecured loan is a loan which does not require you to provide collateral (such as a motor vehicle) to the lender.

4.1

Claudia Marshall
September 7th, 2016 Batesville, MS

when i thought i was down and out, they came shining through. excellent service and made me feel like i mattered.

Miguel
September 6th, 2016

Great service they were there when I needed them

Don Nash
September 5th, 2016 Butterfield, MN

Their top notch and very knowledgeable and experienced

Greg
September 2nd, 2016

Excellent customer service, very helpful.

Terra McLaughlin
September 2nd, 2016 Baltimore, MD

One Main Financial was helpful to me at a time when I needed extra cash to pay off some bills. The loan gave me assurance that I could get ahead. The staff was courteous, professional and I would highly recommend them to family and friends.

Christina
September 2nd, 2016 Monmouth Junction, NJ

I have been a one main customer for over a year now and each time I have visited the office the staff at the cape may court house office have been extremely fiendly very kind to my niece and were just an overal great people who work there

Tita N.
September 1st, 2016 Lahaina, HI

Very helpful team. Great and positive experience every single time I went. I love it!

Geraldkowalk
August 24th, 2016

I was always kind courteous and helpful. Explained everything in detail. A me sure that I got the most out of the money that I was receiving.

Rebecca L
August 23rd, 2016 Lilburn, GA

Customer Service is great. Ease of process is great

Linda Adkkins
August 22nd, 2016 Pikeville, KY

OneMain Financial was excellent in the process of my loan! It was fast with no waiting. The staff were very courteous and helpful!

M.L. Howard
August 16th, 2016 Indianapolis, IN

My experience was excellent and the Republican was very knowledgeable, polite and most helpful to inform me what information I needed to assist me in my loan application process.

Lorraine Ingram
August 16th, 2016 Marianna, FL

OneMain Financial went above and beyond my expectations! I even qualified for a loan amount exceeding what I had originally requested. I recommend them for your loan needs. They were very information and helpful throughout my process.

Debby Willis
August 13th, 2016 Dunn, NC

OneMain Financial is a fantastic place to get a loan. Not only did I get a loan but it was for more than I was asking for. I will now use OneMain as my financial loan company from now on. I was able to pay off several of my bills and now my credit is improving. It is a great place to go for a loan.

Anthony
August 12th, 2016 Cumberland, MD

We had a great experience with the entire staff. We were treated well. Everything was explained to us including optional policies; death, disability, etc.

Angela Suthard
August 11th, 2016 Tellico Plains, TN

I had a very satisfying and professional time in getting my load approved everything was explained very well and was very satisfied.

Keith Broga
August 11th, 2016 Springfield, VA

The people at one main financial was great to deal with and the process was quick and easy.

George Lutz
August 10th, 2016 Sumter, SC

I found OneMain Financial to be very professional, and will recommend it to anyone with complete confidence that they will be satisfied. Sincerely, George Lutz

Scott
August 10th, 2016 Atlanta, GA

great friendly people who were willing to help with all my needs.

Alisha
August 10th, 2016 Ardmore, AL

I use One Main in Athens. Alabama. They have helped me with two loans. I have found them very good to work with. I build a privacy fence and now I have a loan for help with a budgeting issue. I called and Linda listened to my needs and helped me find a solution to help me and budget friendly. I love the online bill pay and to look at my account. The flexibility and ability to borrow money on my own after a divorce has been made easier with One Main. Gives me a great opportunity for my credit strength and borrowing money without a cosigner. The only negative, the interest rate is a little higher .

Rod M.
August 10th, 2016 Nitro, WV

I found them online by searching to help improve my credit score, after being turned down from various places. One Main took a chance and I am grateful. Was not hard to get I would recommend them to anyone that wants to help improve their score too. Thank you Tammy in the Huntington WV office you are GREAT!

Marian
August 5th, 2016 Lakeland, FL

Just an overall great compnany. Patient with customers and explained all the information.

Andrea B.
August 4th, 2016 Norman, OK

This company has been very helpful in a time of need. They provided me with solid financial solution with the benefits of bettering my credit and monitoring of my credit score on a monthly basis included in the service. They are very friendly and professional and i recommend this company to anyone that may need a loan.

Linda Joyce Harris
August 4th, 2016 Pittsburgh, PA

FANTASTIC SERVICE!!! It was fast and the loan officer was friendly and help me to get the loan I needed to remodel my new home.

Kim Coats
August 4th, 2016 Greenville, MS

This is a great company.. they gave me a chance to rebuild my credit when no else would.. I love the people in the office in Greenville Mississippi.. just a great overall experience Kim Coats

Tiffany shields
August 3rd, 2016 Auburn, IN

My father passed away on July 19. We went to the funeral home the 20th. The director was super sweet. He recommended David from the Kendeville Branch. We got the loan that day and everything was fine. We had reassurance that my dad was going to be laid to rest. The funeral happened on the 25th of happened. Today is the 4th of August  the loan company then sent my dad a paper saying he was eligible for 7400 dollar loan signed by the same Davide that closed my moms loan the 20th. This was 15 days after the loan was closed. I called and tried to get in touch with David.  The secretary said he was on vacation. Then she went to talk about it was their solitation dept. that sent it to us. This is rude and inconsiderate. I will be making a complain to the BBB because he wasnt in the loan companys system. He never had a loan through them. The loan did not have his name on it at all. They did not disclose that they will be buying your familys information from a third party to solisitate to them to try to get their business. She apologized and said she would put in a request for them to stop sending him loan paper work. Then she proceeded to tell me that it takes usually up to 3 months for them to fix it so he will stop recieving these. My mother was hurt that she had to take out a loan to begin with and then they couldn't mention that they would be getting your familys personal information and soliciting to them for 3 months after a request is asked for them to stop. How long would it be if a request wasnt made is a question that is also running through my head.

Kevin chambers
July 29th, 2016 Baltimore, MD

Everyone was vary helpful They made it easy to get my loan

Charles Lewis
July 29th, 2016 Nashville, TN

one man has the best people they are courteous they care they are willing to go out of their way to help and once I pay off my loan I will even go back and borrow again

Jacqueline Brice
July 29th, 2016 Desoto, TX

It's always a pleasure working with Nate. He's eager to provide the best solution to the situation with no surprises. I look forward to working with him and the One MainFinancial team in the future!

roy silva
July 29th, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

excellent people to deal with.

Suzie
July 28th, 2016 Austin, TX

I found OneMain Financial to be a very easy, proficient process. The availability to fill the application out on line allows for flexibility needed. Within less than one hour after filling out the application, I was instructed to contact OneMain via phone as the customer representative had a few more questions to ask me and completed my application process. Then within an hour I was contacted and informed my loan was approved and to come into the office to fill out the paperwork. I went in after work and filled out the paperwork and left with my loan check.

FELIPE GARCIA
July 25th, 2016 El Centro, CA

HELLO ! My name is Felipe , Please excuse my writing. Never wrote a review before. Well to start with I would like tooTHANK those who helped me aquire the loan. The folks at ONEMAIN , were very PLEASANT, KNOWLEDGEABLE AN made me feel WELCOMED. They took the time to answer my questionsand explained everything , where , I was able to understand clearly. I WOULD RECOMMEND ONEMAIN TOO ANYONE. AGAIN , THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Delia Lechtenberg
July 25th, 2016 Beulah, CO

We have used one main several times and always treated well. They are very fair and non judgmental.

Margarita Ortiz
July 19th, 2016 Hollister, CA

Exceptional customer service. They explained everything to me and answered my questions about rebuilding my credit. They also said if I had any questions or concerns to come back in and they would help me. non stressful and put my needs first!

Regina
July 19th, 2016 AL

I got my money the day that I went in to the store to apply. Everything was fast and easy, and my payments are reasonable. I love that I can pay off early with no disadvantages!

RC
July 19th, 2016 Van Wert, OH

Everyone was professional and friendly, making it more comfortable to review my debt and come to a debt consolidation plan.

D Britt
July 19th, 2016 Olive Branch, MS

The staff was very helpful and worked to get me the loan that suited my needs.

DEE CLAWSON
July 19th, 2016 Big Spring, TX

The professionals at One Main Finance were very helpful, friendly and understanding in applying for my loan. You can't go wrong with One Main.

Kathy Wojtanik
July 19th, 2016 Olean, NY

I was greeted and the person told me there name, and how can we help you today? They never made me feel bad about having to borrow for so many bills.. they tried different ways to help get the loan. When I got it they explained everything , the interest charge, the due date, the life ins, etc

DAVID BACON
July 15th, 2016 Gillette, WY

One main has been very accommodating, by finding the loan options that suit my personal needs and explaining the details to me.

Michael T Kacer
July 15th, 2016 Waymart, PA

When I Needed a loan they were there and talked with me about my needs and told me how they could best help me and they were really wonderful to work with ... they made it fast and easy there close to where I live and always available when I have needed help too. I would tell anyone that needs help to go to ONE MAIN First and talk with them .....

robert poirier
July 15th, 2016 Temecula, CA

great people to work with

Wanda
July 15th, 2016 Victorville, CA

They were all great and helpful

Tabitha or Keith Murphy
July 15th, 2016 Orlando, FL

Very Helpful and very professional

iva Jo Awerman
July 15th, 2016 Crestview, FL

The customer service at the One Main financial in Crestview was great. The two girls that work in the office there are very friendly and helpful. They made the experience of getting the loan unstressful and smooth.

Eula Brown
July 15th, 2016 Macon, GA

My experience with OneMain was very profession, and that they care about your personal needs.

Judy Campbell
July 15th, 2016 Mount Pleasant, IA

Staff was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Did not make us feel inferior for borrowing money for roof repair.

James Ghere
July 15th, 2016 Fremont, CA

My entire experience from start to finish was exemplary thanks to Julio!

Danya
July 13th, 2016 GA

I've called upon One Main Financial twice to get me out of a financial bind. They are conveniently located in my community. I've gotten to know the employees and they know me and are very friendly, courteous and professional in meeting my needs. My interest rate is a little higher than I would like, but I do have credit issues, so I'm happy they were willing to work with me. I wouldn't hesitate to utilize them again.

Bob Trost
July 7th, 2016 Bayonne, NJ

Worst band of thieves I ever borrowed money from, you are better off with a loan shark.

[email protected]
June 28th, 2016 Staffordsville, KY

The staff at OneMain Financial in Pikeville, Ky. were very informative. The receptionist who answered the phone was very polite and I did not have to wait to talk to my loan offier. The loan officer was very knowledgeable in the loan products. He fully explained the loan documents needed and explained my payments and other aspects of the loan very clearly. I really like the crew at OneMain Finanacial in Prestonsburg.