Formerly known as CitiFinancial, OneMain Financial has been offering financial solutions since 1912 and has nearly 1,700 local branches in 44 states. Springleaf Financial acquired OneMain Financial in 2015 and the combined companies are now known as OneMain.

OneMain Financial offers personal loans from $1,500 - $20,000, with term lengths of 24, 36, 48, or 60 months available. Funds are available as early as the same day, if you apply by noon. The lender's customer base is extremely satisfied with OneMain Financial's services and highlight quality customer service, attentive staff, and a simple loan application process. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to see what else consumers are saying about the loan provider.

The Good

• Availability
  • Same-Day Funds
  • Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments
  • No Prepayment Penalty
  • Industry Pioneer
  • Minimum Loan Amount
  • Secured Loan Available
  • OneMain Financial Reviews

Availability

OneMain Financial has nearly 1,700 branches in 44 states, providing a large portion of the country with the opportunity to take advantage of its services. OneMain Financial offers three ways to apply for personal installment loans or auto loans: online, over the phone, or in person. It is one of only a few loan companies to offer three application options, as many newer providers only offer an online option. For those customers who like a personal touch, OneMain can provide it.

Same-Day Funds

After discussing your particular case with a professional, qualified loan processor, you can receive your loan offer and money as soon as the same day if you are approved by noon. OneMain loan proceeds may be disbursed by check, Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit, or a prepaid card. Receipt and availability of loan proceeds vary based on the funding option selected. Potential borrowers may contact a OneMain loan specialist for additional information about funding options and funds availability.

Fixed Rates and Fixed Payments

OneMain Financial loans have fixed rates and fixed payments, so you never have to worry about being bombarded with higher interest rates or increased monthly payments. When you receive your official loan offer, it will not change. This allows borrowers to plan ahead and be fully prepared for their personal loan payments.

No Prepayment Penalty

Unlike many other personal loan lenders, OneMain Financial does not charge a prepayment fee if you choose to repay the loan earlier than the due date requires. This allows borrowers to save a great deal of money in interest charges if they decide to do so.

Industry Pioneer

Originally established in 1912 under the name Commercial Credit, OneMain Financial touts itself as a pioneer in the finance industry. Just four years after its founding, the company began offering installment loans for automobiles, which was an exciting new phenomenon at the time. Since 1944, the company has been operating a credit insurance unit known as OneMain Solutions. As such, the company is an experienced player in the financial services industry.

Minimum Loan Amount

OneMain Financial allows you to borrow as little as $1,500, which is relatively low for a personal loan lender. Many financial institutions require minimum loan amounts closer to $5,000 or more. This is useful for borrowers who are looking to take out smaller personal loans.

Secured Loan Available

Many personal loan lenders only offer unsecured loans. OneMain Financial, however, offers secured loans as well as unsecured loans. This means you have the option to offer up collateral to help you qualify for a loan or simply to receive a lower annual percentage rate. Offering both types of loans caters more fully to a larger number of borrowers and gives them more loan options to work with. This is also useful for borrowers who have a less-than-excellent credit score, don't have enough credit history on their credit report, or have a higher debt-to-income ratio. A secured loan gives lenders the guarantee they need to ensure the borrower is a reliable customer.

OneMain Financial Reviews

With hundreds of reviews, OneMain Financial has a high star-rating from consumers, demonstrating a satisfactory customer base. Positive reviews note excellent customer service, a simple loan application process, and quick payment. If you want to learn more about the customer experience with the lender, browse OneMain Financial reviews below.

The Bad

• Limited Max Loan Amount
  • State Limitations

Limited Max Loan Amount

OneMain Financial loan options max out at $20,000 for personal loans, which is relatively low compared to loan amounts offered by other online lenders in the industry. However, borrowers do have the option to take out $30,000 with OneMain if the loan is for a car. OneMain Financial also has a lower minimum loan amount than most lenders, which creates more opportunity for borrowers who are looking for smaller personal loans.

State Limitations

OneMain Financial is not available in every state. Unfortunately, if you are outside of the company's service area, you will be unable to use OneMain Financial as your lender.

The Bottom Line

OneMain Financial allows consumers to apply for a loan online, over the phone, or in person, making the process simple and convenient for many individuals. The company, which is a pioneer in the financial industry, can provide borrowers with funds as early as the same day. The lender does not charge prepayment fees, so borrowers can pay off their OneMain Financial loan anytime they'd like, even if it's well before the due date. This allows borrowers to save money in interest charges and gives them more versatility in their loan options. With a high star rating from consumers, the lender is known for its excellent customer service, simple application process, and quick funds availability. Read OneMain Financial reviews below to learn more about the personal loan provider and its customer satisfaction.

*Not all applicants will qualify for larger loan amounts or most favorable loan terms.  Loan approval and actual loan terms depend on your ability to meet our credit standards (including a responsible credit history, sufficient income after monthly expenses, and availability of collateral).  Larger loan amounts require a first lien on a motor vehicle no more than ten years old, that meets our value requirements, titled in your name with valid insurance. Maximum APR is 35.99%, subject to state restrictions.  APRs are generally higher on loans not secured by a vehicle. The lowest APR shown represents the 10% of loans with the most favorable APR. Active duty military, their spouse or dependents covered under the Military Lending Act may not pledge any vehicle as collateral for a loan.  OneMain loan proceeds cannot be used for postsecondary educational expenses as defined by the CFPB’s Regulation Z, such as college, university or vocational expenses; for any business or commercial purpose; to purchase securities; or for gambling or illegal purposes.

Borrowers in these states are subject to these minimum loan sizes: Alabama: $2,100. California: $3,000. Georgia: Unless you are a present customer, $3,100 minimum loan amount. Ohio: $2,000. Virginia: $2,600.

Borrowers (other than present customers) in these states are subject to these maximum unsecured loan sizes: Florida: $8,000. Iowa: $8,500. Maine: $7,000. Mississippi: $7,500. North Carolina: $7,500. New York: $20,000. Texas: $8,000. West Virginia: $7,500. An unsecured loan is a loan which does not require you to provide collateral (such as a motor vehicle) to the lender.

4.1

Susana Pena
December 29th, 2016

Friendly staff..easy process..and I like the fact that they can do direct deposit instead of going and checking check

Larry D Cruz
December 29th, 2016 Colorado Springs, CO

WHEN I CONTACTED ONE MAIN TO SECURE A LOAN EVERYONE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ATTENTIVE. I HAVE NEVER ATTAINED A LOAN ONLINE BEFORE. BECAUSE OF THIS EXPERIENCE I WILL ABSOLUTELY DO BUSINESS WITH ONE MAIN AGAIN.

[email protected]
December 14th, 2016 Langhorne, PA

Our visit to One Main for a loan application was very pleasant. The process went rather quick, every detail was explained, the people there are very friendly and knowledgeable and understand your needs. Thorough process of explaining every detail and options. OK, I'm a big coffee drinker and the first thing I noticed was the free coffee machine and being waved a hello from a gentleman in the back. We have been doing business with One Main (bill consolidation) for a while now and find them to be highly competent, reliable, and fair. We highly recommend them as their staff is very knowledgeable and will go through your financial problems with understanding and willingness to help.

Connie
December 13th, 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff made it easy to get the loan! Thank you!

Dewayne Motte
December 13th, 2016 Cullman, AL

I had the best experience with the staff at my branch. They really went above and beyond what they had to do. I really doubt that a bank would have tried as hard as they did to help with my loan and everything turned out great.

Kelly Cox
December 5th, 2016 Chesterton, IN

Wonderful, fast, and nonbias friendly customer service! The entire office was friendly and effecient I. Getting our loan work done. From the first time we talked to closing the loan and having cash in the bank was 24 hours! We felt like equals to even the branch manager! 10+

Cheryl
November 30th, 2016 Romulus, MI

I would refer one main to family and friends they made getting a loan easy they were courteous

Kenneth Evans
November 30th, 2016

Onemain financial has helped me in ways I didn't think possible at the time, they were there for me when I needed help, and worked with me to solve my problem I was having, thank you one main for your help and support when I needed it.

Kathleen Phillips
November 29th, 2016

They are very friendly and knowledgeable of the business. They want to work with you not against you. If you don't give them a chance it's your lost. Go talk to them!!!!!

Nida G. Cline
November 26th, 2016 Sugar Grove, IL

The loan officer who served me was very courteous, gave me financial guidance, which was very helpful, and did his job quickly and efficiently. The entire staff, including the one at the front desk, were pleasant and considerate.

Sheila Dunnagan
November 24th, 2016 White Bluff, TN

I have had nothing but excellent service from One Main Financial. I have had loans for Christmas, vacation, granddaughter' s wedding, to help daughter payoff an old car and get a new one. I keep going back to One Main because the 1st loan helped build my credit and I bought a house I thought I would never be able to get, as a single mother of 3. My credit has gone through the roof, thanks to One Main, and it's been very affordable, so I praise this company with bells and whistles and banners.

Daniel Biddle
November 23rd, 2016

Good customer service. The interest rates were to high. Overall, I would return if necessary.

Ted Lindsey
November 21st, 2016

Recently borrowed against our motor home for funds to use as a down payment for a mobile home. Applied online and was called the following day with info and later that day with approval. Very few documents needed and staff was extremely friendly and helpfull. This was our second time getting a loan with them and both times a good experience. No pre payment penalties so loan can be paid off sooner. Just a very good experience!

Marisela morales
November 21st, 2016

They were very helpful and friendly! But most importantly ,they helped to save me a lot of money. I would recommend their service to anyone!

Frank Verni
November 17th, 2016

The customer service was exceptional with knowledgeable staff. The service was prompt without unwarranted delays. It was my first experience with this company and was very satisfied with the experience. Highly recommend it.

Jeffrey long
November 15th, 2016

The Cleveland branch is the best branch that I have been too.. they will always have my business as long as I need a loan...

Rachel Flomo
November 15th, 2016 Saint Paul, MN

They were when I needed help and they delivered, when no one else would help. Thank you.

Richard Hutchinson
November 15th, 2016 Glenwood, IA

One Main has worked with me to provide me with the appropriate loans to fit my personal needs. Customer service was outstanding and professional

G. Crawford
November 15th, 2016 Kaneohe, HI

Customer service was outstanding...was in office total 30 minutes or less. Had all the paper work required and able to put on auto pay. Even choose the date(which I can change if I needed to).

[email protected]
November 14th, 2016 Bangor, ME

This company rocks! I went to them to get a small unsecured loan to help re-build my credit after 2 disastrous divorces. They not only gave me the loan but told me they could get me $3000 more than I needed. During the course of the loan period, I would get occasional letters stating that I was qualified for another loan at a higher cash amount. When the first loan was almost paid off, I found a fantastic deal on my first Harley. I went to the office and asked them for the amount needed, they told me they could get me much more and that they would pay off several credit card balances and I would still have the money for the motorcycle! These people rock!

Susan Leigh Thaxton
November 14th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

I called OneMain about a loan to consolidate my bills and was told I could come in the same day and sign the papers and pick up my check. While I was there, I decided I needed more than I had asked for and it was approved within minutes. The representative that helped me was professional, kind and easy to work with. She was very thorough and explained everything to me to my satisfaction. I borrowed, what I believe to be, a large sum and my monthly payments are manageable. I will definitely go back to OneMain in the future if I ever need another loan.

Shawndell
November 14th, 2016 New York, NY

Representatives at one main financial was quick and very professional.

Diana Cundiff
November 14th, 2016

Great customer service. Fast and friendly service

Carrie Andrews
November 14th, 2016

Wonderful people and great professional yet personable experience. Thank you !

Christi Johnston
November 11th, 2016

Never use this company, they false advertise, affect your credit score after saying you are approved then deny. There reason talk in circles they say you are approved based on credit score then deny you based on credit score. Gimmicks. If you credit wasn't bad before it will be when they are done.

Sally mc callum
November 11th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

The manager is a big fat lier and her word is nothing and they need to get her out of their company and for everybody out their if you pay one main off and you used your car or truck tilted as your lien please be a ware if they say the lien has been lifted after you pay them off if it's computer generated they are lying to you please make sure they did what they said and end up like me had a second lien on my car with them and I paid them off and a year later paid off my car and one main sent me paper work saying they lifted the lien off my car after I paid them off and didn't find out I was lied to until I paid off my car and then I found out that one main still had a lien on my car I had to do my own leg work to get them off of my title if they have to go into the computer please be careful be cause they are lying to you about lifting the Lien , I hope this will help somebody out there pleas be careful and mindful of this company , these people are crooks and I promise you you don't need money that bad these people would let my title go they would not lift the lien and I paid them in full a whole year early so please Be a WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janice b
November 11th, 2016 Ocean City, MD

Kind, friendly, non judgemental atmosphere, everything was smooth and I am so ever grateful for their services.

Debbie R.
November 8th, 2016 Strongsville, OH

My friend told me about this loan company, he said it was easy and he was able to get the amount he needed. So I called put my application over the phone by the end of the day i was approved and I had my check the very next day. I didnt have to use my car as collateral. I brang in all the information that they needed and thats it. Very Quick simple, payments i can afford, no penalty for paying off loan sooner. Great Place, Great People , Fast Service !!!!! I will return again,

Jacob M Snyder
November 5th, 2016 Toledo, OH

Fast friendly service, will get my business again.

m brown
October 12th, 2016

I am refinancing my loan through my jobs credit union. I was always suspicious about my loan from one main bcse statements were very vague. I even filed a complaint w consumer protection which was pointless bcse I wanted my statement to have detailed info. All it shows is the amount of my loan once it's paid off 5 yrs. I borrowed $9300 and it shows final loan only of $16000. The truth reared it's ugly head when I called for my payoff and now I know why the statement provides no info. I have paid about $2000 in pmts so far. They gave me a payoff of $2 less then my original loan. Basically its an interest only loan. Once the $7000 in interest is paid then you pay your principal. There is no way to pay it off early to save $$$. I will that $16k regardless. So the person who was yapping abt how horrible ppl are w money and how he paid it off early you're still not good w $$$. Now if I refinance I would be giving them $2000 after only having the loan for only 6 months. This is their scheme. No different then the predatory lending practices that caused our economy to crash. Location - Monroeville, PA

Janet Dragoo
October 7th, 2016 Glendale, AZ

The associates with OneMain Financial have outstanding customer services skills. Both over the telephone and in person, they have always set me at ease with my financial decisions.

Brian
October 7th, 2016 Springfield, MO

Was very clear and made it painless to acquire my loan!!

Martha Lam
October 7th, 2016 San Marcos, CA

Great experience over all staff and management and excellent customer service.

Liv
September 29th, 2016 NE

This company is horrible!! Any good reviews on this place have to be fake!!! Don't waste your time with this bulls*it company!!!

Andy
September 29th, 2016 Des Moines, IA

VERY high interest. Contacting you at work when they have been told that the employer prohibits personal calls. This is a violation of FDCPA law. Giving loans with high interest and monthly payments when they know that loan will not be of substantial benefit.

Keith
September 26th, 2016

One Main Financial has been very very helpful for me and a painting loans when I really needed help and nobody else would help also when I needed help with my repairs on cars or just to consolidate bills and they were willing to work with me I would have anyone to visit and try it out for their self

Cher
September 26th, 2016 Ypsilanti, MI

I have done business with One Main since their "CitiFinancial" days. They have always been easy to work with and the loan process quick and efficient. However, now that Silverleaf has purchased them --- the approval process is a nightmare. I will NEVER EVER take a loan from them again. They have lost my business for good.

Billy
September 26th, 2016 El Paso, TX

These people are on the edge of very serious harassment. I'm not even 30 days late on my monthly amount and they have been calling me not only once but twice a day. Not only that but harassing my family who I put as my references. Do not do business with these people unless you want to be harrassed if you are even a week with your payment. I am about ready to call my lawyer about this harassment.

Anita Murray
September 26th, 2016 UT

This a great company friendly and very helpful

Chad Carswell
September 26th, 2016 Murfreesboro, TN

The best and most friendly people I have ever delete with

kimberly
September 26th, 2016 Houston, TX

Obtaining and receiving the loan was quick and easy, however trying to get all documents to them if you don't personally have them in hand was crazy. They say you may email them which is what i was going to do, but call first to make sure the manager is in office because apparently not all loan associates have access to the internet and email, therefore i had to make 3 separate trips, but overall experience was good

Michael Roos
September 26th, 2016 Katy, TX

Great customer service, great rates. The ladies at the Missouri City, TX location are exceptional.

siannan
September 26th, 2016 Fayetteville, NC

I was skeptical at first, because the whole experience was efficient and painless. I would recommend this company to anyone with pressing financial needs,.

Jim
September 26th, 2016 Swansea, SC

My loan was a success, Precious was great to work with and made it as smooth as possible. I would recommend Precious and OneMain to anyone needing a loan of any kind. Thanks again, Jim

Sherri Bernal
September 20th, 2016 Albuquerque, NM

I never would have imagined how easy, fast and friendly the staff were in getting us the funds we needed, we were in need of a debt consolidation loan, as our credit card usage was quite high due to my spouse having to make several trips from 4 hrs to get back surgeon for several procedures done before finally having to have back surgery. With gas, motel, food, etc it got very expensive. But, within an hour or so of getting the necessary paper work faxed to One Main Financial, we were approved. We called to set up the appt to sign the paperwork and receive our money was beyond expectation. I will definitely refer friends and family to One Main Financial, when they are in need of a loan. Great customer service.

David
September 18th, 2016 Lynchburg, VA

Onemain is a great place to help with loans to get what you need and in a timely manner, I've had two loans with onemain and both experiences went well and I received the loan before I left the office.

Chandra Nicole (MyChandraNicole)
September 16th, 2016 Grand Rapids, MI

(Wayne, Michigan) Listen...if you have ANY other options, ANY, DO NOT do this to yourself. I took this secured "auto refinance" loan to pay off the remaining balance at the end of a loan through Toyota Financial for a car I purchased new. I had this balance because of extensions due to Family Leave, etc, so rather than worry about Toyota coming for the car, I refinanced what I owed and paid Toyota off (i.e. $3500). Everything was smooth sailing, the interest rate was high, but I bit the bullet with the intention of paying extra and paying OneMain off early. I had the loan less than a year, when about a month ago I had an accident and the car, was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. This being my first accident, and following my insurance company's instructions, went to get a copy of the Title to mail to my Insurance company. At Secretary of State ( SOS), I was informed that One Main had put all kinds of roadblock to prevent me from getting a copy of the title. When I called One Main to inform them of the intent of the Insurance Company to pay off the balance...their whole attitude changed. The Manager was speaking to me like I was trying to do something shady and illegal AND I definitely told him about himself...then he tried to clean up his words saying they have never had to speak with a customer about an insurance payoff, blah, blah, blah.... And how they give a promise to release a lien once payment is made... Mind you, I'm just trying to follow the guidance of my insurance company. Fast forward to today, September 9, 2016...One Main is paid off, they sent the release to my insurance company instead of to me. My adjuster sent me a copy of the release so that I could take to SOS. I get to SOS , to get a copy of the title, with the release statement in hand and One Main has yet stipulated that the Title could only be mailed. Don't do it! If you have any other options... Toyota didn't even put all these stipulations on the title and I financed my car brand new! Don't do it.

Tim Harper
September 13th, 2016 Bullhead, SD

One Main really came through saved me financially. Thank you One Main!!!

Andres fernandez
September 13th, 2016 Chicago, IL

Emergency loans same day. Friendly service.

Toby Turman
September 9th, 2016 Bedford, TX

Fast decisions, fast closing and funding with no pressure.