Policygenius Logo

Policygenius

9.9

Policygenius makes insurance shopping and buying easier for shoppers. You can start the quote process online and receive assistance comparing policies from multiple top insurers for term, whole, and universal life insurance. Once you identify a policy that looks like a good fit, you can work with a Policygenius agent will help you through the application and underwriting process.

If you're looking for an easier way to buy life insurance, Policygenius is a great company to work with.

The Good

• Easy to Use
  • Realistic Quotes
  • Work with a Licensed Agent
  • Policies from Reliable Insurers
  • Transparency
  • Additional Insurance Products Available

Easy to Use

Policygenius's platform makes buying life insurance simple. You start by providing some information about yourself, including contact information. Then, a Policygenius representative will help you compare policies and quotes from multiple insurers.  When you find a good fit, Policygenius will help you through the application process. This assistance is especially nice because insurance can be confusing.

Realistic Quotes

Policygenius focuses on providing realistic quotes. It keeps pricing updated with current rates charged by the life insurers it works with. Life insurers file their rates with the government each year, so the quotes you'll receive through Policygenius aren't different from what you would find anywhere else. The advantage is the ability to quickly compare across companies.

Policygenius also only quotes life insurance rates after you've provided some underwriting information like gender, age, and health history. While some may find it frustrating to provide some information before seeing a quote, this process ensures that Policygenius is showing you realistic quotes. The underwriting process determines what your monthly premium is, and some of the biggest determining factors are gender, age, and health.

Because of these efforts, most of Policygenius's quotes are within $10 of the actual premium determined through the application and underwriting process. Comparing rates through Policygenius gives you a reliable sense of what your insurance cost will be after you've been approved.

Policies from Reliable Insurers

Policygenius only works with insurers that have received at least A- financial strength ratings. These financial strength ratings indicate that the insurer manages its finances and investments well, which means it is likely to be able to meet its claims obligations. You don't want to be in a situation where your beneficiaries make a claim that the insurance provider can't pay.

Because Policygenius only works with the top insurers, you don't have to vet insurance companies yourself. All you have to do is compare insurance options to find the best fit for you.

Work with a Licensed Agent

Policygenius's representatives are licensed agents. If you have questions or need guidance, you can get help from an agent familiar with life insurance.

Policygenius's agents are also salaried, which means you don't have to worry about your agent pushing a sale because they earn commission. The ability to work with knowledgeable agents who aren't going to push policies based on commission is a great benefit of working with Policygenius.

Transparency

Policygenius is transparent about how it earns money and does business. Its services are free to clients because Policygenius is paid commissions by the insurers it works with for the policies it sells.

If you want to know what commissions are for the policy options you're considering, Policygenius representatives will share that information with you upon request.

Transparency builds trust, so Policygenius's commitment to transparent business practices shows it's a trustworthy company.

Additional Insurance Products Available

Policygenius isn't solely focused on the life insurance industry. If you need to buy other kinds of insurance, you can also purchase health insurance, car insurance, disability insurance, home insurance, and more online. Policygenius is a great one-stop-shop if you need multiple kinds of insurance.

The Bad

• Contact Information Required for Quote
  • Doesn't Work with All Life Insurers
  • Quotes May Differ from Actual Premium

Contact Information Required for Quote

Before you receive quotes, you'll have to provide your contact information. This can be frustrating if you're in the research stages or prefer a fully online experience. However, it can be beneficial to work directly with a Policygenius expert as you consider options and navigate the life insurance application process.

Doesn't Work with All Life Insurers

Policygenius doesn't work with all life insurers. Some insurers may not work with third-party brokers, which means you could not buy one of their policies through Policygenius.

Policygenius also only works with top life insurers, which means you can trust that you're buying a policy from a reliable life insurer.

If there's a particular life insurance company you'd like to buy from, you may want to work with them directly. However, if you don't have a strong preference, Policygenius shows policies from high quality insurers and has the added benefit of easily comparing policies and pricing across insurers. This way, you can choose your insurance carrier based on the coverage and rates it offers.

Quotes May Differ from Actual Premium

If you work with Policygenius, keep in mind that your insurance quote may be different from the actual premium you see when you apply.

While most often a Policygenius quote will be close to the actual premium, some applicants may see a bigger difference between the quote and actual price.

Keeping in mind that the actual premium rate may differ due to a more thorough underwriting process is important to keep in mind. If you have certain health conditions, like diabetes, you may want to consider policies from several insurers because some insurers underwrite certain conditions more favorably than others. The more favorable the underwriting, the lower your monthly premium.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking to buy life insurance online from a trusted company, Policygenius is a great company to work with. You can buy term, whole, or universal life insurance through Policygenius 's platform.

You'll have to provide contact information to receive quotes. Although disappointing for those preferring a fully online experience, you'll benefit from working with a Policygenius expert.

Keep in mind that your initial Policygenius quote will most likely be fairly close to your actual premium. However, there may be some cases where the quoted premium differs more significantly from the actual one when the insurer completes its underwriting process.

If you have health concerns, remember that some insurers treat certain health conditions more favorably than other insurers in the underwriting process. Learn more about each insurer's underwriting process to understand which insurers are best for you.

Through Policygenius, you can also work with a licensed agent who will help you through the application process. This service is complimentary to you. It's nice to have agents who can help you understand insurance and complete the application process.

If you have other insurance needs, you can work with Policygenius to buy health, disability, homeowner's insurance and more. This range of offerings makes Policygenius a convenient one-stop-shop for your insurance needs.

Whatever you're looking for in life insurance, Policygenius is a great tool for researching, applying, and buying a life insurance policy.

5.0

Greg Grokowsky Ettrick, WI

A trusted financial friend recommended Policygenius and I am glad I listened. The process was quick and efficient with excellent communication throughout. Great experience!

Jim Sherlock North Augusta, SC

They go the extra mile and communicate with the underwriters to help you get through any hurdle that might come up in the process

Judy Dunn Savannah, GA

They made the process so much easier than having to answer the same questions over and over when I search myself. They helped me find a good policy with a great price.

Jaime Plourde Brunswick, ME

I am a stay at home mom. I wasn’t totally sure I needed coverage (because I don’t make any money!) and even if I did need coverage I had no idea how much coverage I would need. Policygenius was SO HELPFUL and easy right from the beginning. They helped me find a coverage over the phone and worked with me through email and text to find the lowest price while considering my health history, travel (did you know travel..during a pandemic.. can affect who you can get coverage with?!) Because I surely did not! But my policygenius guy did! I have already recommended to extended family and used policygenius to get my husband coverage too.

Mike Cruz Humble, TX

They were professional and fast. Thanks!

Rob&Chris ,

We were really pleased with the entire process. The agents were attentive, but not pushy, and ultimately our premium was quite a bit better than they initially quoted. It’s not very often that something like buying insurance is a “pleasant surprise”, but that’s exactly what our experience was with Policy Genius. I highly recommend them!

SeanB San Diego, CA

During these difficult times with Covid-19 and what's going on, I felt the need to make sure my family was taken care of. I picked up the phone and called a bunch of the name brand companies, but was completely disappointed with their pricing and customer service; they didn't listen to my needs. I found Policy Genius online and they were the complete opposite, they listened to my needs, were informative, and they kept me updated throughout the entire process, even letting me know when my policy was active! Kudos to the Policy Genius team for taking an industry and making it much better. I'm already telling everyone!

L J Chicago, IL

Pretty simple process once I connected with an agent. They handled everything from the initial screening to the nurses visit to my home. They are also always available to speak when I had questions.

Troy Hamden, CT

Policy genius goes above and beyond to find you the best possible policy,if you dont understand something in the policy they help to interpret the policy or get someone that can

Robert Smith Redondo Beach, CA

Finally a service to simplify important but complex tasks. Policy Genius offers just the right balance between online and personal service, always using the fastest method for each step. Easy to work through, and great cost comparisons as well.

Anna Johnson Charlotte, NC

I used Policygenius to get term life insurance. It was super easy and I couldn't be happier with the results. I filled out a brief form and then received an email and text message to answer additional questions. They found a low rate for me and then were excellent with any questions I had. I had to call them twice and there was virtually no wait to speak with a rep, and the customer service reps were excellent (super friendly, professional, and helpful). I can definitely see us using Policygenius again.

Damien Chaptinel New York, NY

The process was easy, and it did save me money. Coverage is provided by known insurances . Highly recommend.

Jon Monroe Plymouth, MI

Policygenius process of getting term life insurance was easy and straightforward. They did a great job finding a competitive rate and shepherding me through the process.

Stacey P Gordon Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had a great experience with your company. Everyone was friendly and they kept me updated about the application process. You offered the best rate out of all other companies I contacted. Would definitely recommend.

Grace D Hollywood, FL

Policygenius made obtaining life insurance easy, simple and satisfying. From beginning to end the process was smooth, communication was extremely professional, and pleasantly surprising processing time. I would definitely be recommending Policygenius to my friends and family. You will not be disappointed.

Paige Ellis Slade Gilbert, AZ

Policygenius is a little addicting. We actually have changed our life insurance three times because I kept on finding and qualifying for better deals.

Pam Parry Vienna, VA

It was super easy and fast to get life insurance. I got it at a way cheaper rate than a private consultant could offer. It was so fast an easy to make it happen I hardly had to lift a finger to get insured.

Frank C. New York, NY

Great experience with user friendly features and excellent prices. Highly recommended.

Aaron Wilkins Martinez, CA

Kept me informed every step of the application process. No surprises. High recommend the Policygenius service!

Timothy San Pablo, CA

Excellent person to person customer service. The Policy Genius team helped me to navigate my complex insurance situation with elegance and grace.

Patrick Biller DeKalb, IL

This service is saving us a ton of money, is virtually hassle-free, and comes complete with prompt and friendly interactions with real people.

Garry Graham Honolulu, HI

Very polite and courteous. They helped me through the whole process and offered suggestions to pull it all together. It would not have happened without their help.

Remy Cruz San Luis Obispo, CA

Very easy and smooth experience. Staff was committed and on top of things. I would recommend others to use Policy Genius.

Audrianna Pullen Norcross, GA

I am very happy with the choices I was given for life insurance. Your team made it extremely easy to compare the choices and select the the best one for me!

Rich ,

Very quick to respond and get the ball rolling. Made the process very easy and comfortable.

Kyle Lewis Plymouth, MI

Easy to work with and found a great rate for life insurance.

Prashanth Tirumalaseti Sterling, VA

Great company. Gave me the best quotes fast for Life Insurance.

David Lowe Memphis, TN

1 phone call, 1 nurse visit to my home and a new life insurance policy. Easy peasy!!!

Danielle-Ann Bradford Merrillville, IN

They worked very quickly and provided me with regular updates. They made the process very easy.

Michael Kelley Columbus, OH

Very smooth and hassle-free from beginning to end

Jerry Cabey The Bronx, NY

Process was timely. Service was professional.

Mauricio Jimenez San Antonio, TX

At first I was a bit confused with all the process but at the end Everything went smooth!

Christina Fossel Kelso Dallas, TX

Very easy, clear, and constant communication.

Mark Meads Wonder Lake, IL

Great help in getting me a good deal for life insurance.