ZipRecruiter

6.3

LAST UPDATED: November 8th, 2022

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

Indeed Logo
#1 Indeed chevron_right
LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right
Glassdoor Logo
#4 Glassdoor chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

Robin Trevison Coal City, IL

Was hiring for dental assistant, got multiple resumes for dentists (not helpful). Job was filled July 22nd, they e-mailed us asking if job was filled, responded it was, they continued to bill us through October when we called about the credit card charges, allowed one month refund for 2-3 months of illegitimate charges. Had used service in the past to place month-long ads, renewed as needed. They now auto-bill and continue job ad until you catch the charges, which makes no sense for a job ad company, should renew ad as needed-WILL NOT USE AGAIN, and do not recommend them unless you pay EXTREMELY close attention to automated charges to your credit card!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hello Robin, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, as your feedback is very important to us! Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We do have filters that you can apply to your job ads to help screen candidates and I would be more than happy to personally walk you through adding those screening questions and filters the next time you have hiring needs! As for the billing issue, our call-to-cancel policy is designed to protect your sensitive information and privacy. I would be happy to investigate this billing issue for you so we can work to resolve it. If you want to email me at with the subject line "TIER II" I can investigate further. We appreciate your patience. We are available here at Customer Success at 877-252-1062 (24/7) to answer any questions you may have! Kind Regards, Miranda Tier II Support

Oct. 30th, 2019

Leeson Boston, MA

Nightmare company. Avoid at all costs. It is challenging to find qualified nursing staff, so we contracted with ZipRecruiter to try to find more RN candidates. In 2 months we got resumes for: a babysitter, a web architect in New Delhi, an accountant, a Walgreens clerk, a caregiver in Uganda, a marketing consultant, a groundskeeper, a molecular biologist, a nurse in Ohio, an aide in Nicaragua, a stockroom clerk, and 3 actual nurses who did not respond to emails. I wasn't aware that the monthly fee would be automatically renewed and tried to cancel immediately when I realized it. You can't cancel online; online help feels like canned answers from an offshore contractor; no one picks up the phone when you call. Maddening. Finally a real person called me back, and, after trying to hard-sell me into extending the service, finally agreed to cancel it.

Tracy Ewing Baytown, TX

As we have also been a customer for years we had 3 postings avaible to us for about $600.00 Per year. This price jumped to $ 3,000.00 per year! They only send an email to notify us of the change and did not get approval from anyone. Once we noticed the charge I obviously wanted to call and discuss the reason for the change. Customer service tried to tell me that they now are seen more widely yada yada yada. I asked how they justify a 500% increase! She (Emily) offered us to go month to month at $ 148.00 per month. That's still DOUBLE what we were paying! I told her that we would not be going forward using their service at that price. When I asked how many customers did she think she would be able to keep with this insane increase, she hung up on me. Great job ZIPRecruiter! All that money your spending on advertising lately is got to get paid for somehow. Guess your loyal customers get to suffer for it! I chose them because for a smaller company of about 20 employees the cost made since. Oh and they are now posting to FaceBook and others. Like we couldn't do that our selves. What a bunch of bull! I'm not your customer anymore Zip!

Michael Trocke Greenville, SC

As a customer with Ziprecruiter for many years, then all of a sudden a 500%+ increase from $800 to $4500 p/year, they said they did it to all existing customers and that all their existing customers where complaining about it. Then they had me on Autorenew even though I wanted it to cancel once my year expired. They said you cant cancel autorenew until you want to completely deactivate the account. However once you deactivate you don't get access to the candidates that you have up. Also even when there was a month to go on my subscription, they wont let you post with 30 days left or less on your subscription. The only way you can get access to the candidates from previous Ad's you posted is to continue paying them monthly for a subscription. We switched to workable.com, its super cheap, is better than ziprecruiter. We just post on workable, have a widget for the ad on our company website. Then use a link in craigslist that sends the person to our website, which when clicked automatically uses workable. Exact same process we used for ziprecruiter. 99% of applicants came from craigslist anyways. The job boards on ziprecruiter was worthless.

R.C. Portland, OR

Well I guess zip-recruiter has to start somewhere, but it will take a long time to become as usable as Career Builders or Indeed if they are so sure of themselves that they aren't interesting in changing what doesn't work. I am constantly getting job listings that are not even close to my experience or interests. Others have had similar complaints and were told to use better key words. Unfortunately the key words "repair", "maintenance", "technician" or "electrical & mechanical" cover a large gamut of job descriptions from vehicle mechanics to engineering to property management. Obviously an imperfect computer algorithm is used to match up jobs to my searches that a person familiar with the trades would recognize instantly - other job listing sites work much better in this regard. The "auto-resume" function totally mangled my resume forcing me to completely re-enter everything manually. All job matching sites mess things up a little bit, but Zip-recruiter site made my resume completely incomprehensible. The Reference function that sends emails to prospective reference persons and asks them to write a reference does not work - when the reference comes back to your email and you try to use the link provided to post it you get a "file not found - 404" error. I tried to reach out to customer service and carefully explained what had happened and received an almost insulting reply "You can't do it that way" as if the problem was that I was too stupid to follow the simple instructions. I clarified that I did indeed follow those instructions and it doesn't work and was told that they recently "upgraded" their software so I need to use Chrome as a my browser. I do not use Chrome - I use Firefox, what is probably the most popular alternative to Explorer and told the customer rep to let me know when they got it working with Firefox. The customer rep responded "OK that's up to you" - which feels like a total brush-off. Basically the message I hear is "It is what it is - If you don't like the way it works we don't need you to use it".

s. mazzola

first problem was the lack of qualified applicants for me. The biggest problem was that when i canceled my auto renew the day prior to it going through it was stilled billed the next day. At that time I let that slide. I proceeded to cancel it again on the site. fast forward to one month later.... guess what, i was billed again. Went on the site to cancel the auto renew again. This time a popup came up with a number that I have to call and cancel. I proceeded to call the number and it was not sip recruiter. Thought i dialed wrong. called it again. Its someones house and they have no idea who zip recruiter is. So now I am canceling my credit card to get away from them. What a scam

Joan Walko Largo, FL

Approx 30 days prior to 2017 renewal, we received an email notice entitled: Automatic Renewal Deactivated (No call in advance, no invoice posted to our account) Obviously, we called immediately to get a copy of the invoice in order to get it approved via a purchase order before the renewal date. The rep sets the stage for awful news (sounding like she was reading a script) then shares with me that "they have 'just' learned that there will be significant increase since they are discontinuing our level of program" and proceeds to quote a figure that is 530% higher than what we paid last year?!?!? Seriously, the decimal point isn't missing and it's impossible to make this up! When I told her that providing any corporation (much less a local municipality) with less than 30 days notice of such a draconian increase is unprofessional and inappropriate. In a cheery manner, she offered that we could decrease the level of service and that would run us ONLY 244% increase over last year. The company obviously has no interest in retaining clients or at least providing sufficient time for arrangements to be made to investigate another service. This is our busiest time of year and we must find additional time to vet new systems, pricing and implementation in less than 30 days. If you're considering ziprecruiter as a good option for your organization and you don't have unlimited funding for advertising ... stay away from this company.

Richard Wooten

Scammers are operating openly on zip recruiter. I responded to an ad for customer service reps. I got a letter from someone posing as the head of the HR department of this suppose it company Champion energy services. I replied to the email with the requested information. It looked funny from the start. Whoever these Indian scammers are they don't know how to read and write and speak English. They were offering $1800 a week for 18 hours work from my home office. I then received a further email from the scammers telling me that they would be depositing money in my account. The alleged Champion energy services had nothing to do with energy, It had to do with foster children or something of the sort. The second email many grammatical errors. They said I had been excepted. When I looked at their email the world champion had two eyes in it. They must think we Americans are stupid. I responded bye I responded by telling them I hope their children would be run over by a bus. Bottom line I tried to contact zip recruiter twice. They don't care. They don't respond. When you click the contact us tab you see a telephone number. This is totally useless you just get a recording and no way to leave a message. I emailed them twice concerning fraud and I get no response. Zipper critter does not care if their reputation is tarnished by scammers of the same sort that operate openly on craigslist. So buyer beware. There is no bedding and no reporting of scammers . Good luck

Kristin Zaal Schofield, WI

We called all of the people who responded to the two vacancies we advertised for. The number of applicants was limited and of those, about 1/3 of them had phone numbers that were no longer in service. Only one of the other applicants called us back even though we called, texted and sent emails. The one applicant that we spoke with had absolutely no availability for a retail position and said "F*** you" when the manager told him he would have to work weekends! Absolutely NOT worth $250 a month. I would rather post the ads on various sites myself. We've had better luck with Craigslist and that is free or up to $25.00 an ad.

Ian

I found the service and quality Very Poor I found the service and quality of resumes I received very poor, some resumes were nearly blank. To stop my advert you need to phone a number or they keep charging you even though online I tried to stop it. I went to Indeed after Zip and found them much better and got 5 potential candidates. I will never use Ziprecruiter again.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hello Ian, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter as your feedback is very important to us! I would like to apologize for your experience in receiving a pool of unqualified candidates as I know how important it is to make those hires as quick and efficiently as possible. Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who are not a good fit and we have a new invite to apply feature that gives you the opportunity to select which candidates you want to invite to review your job ad and apply. If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, we would be happy to walk you through those additional features, please just reach out to and we will gladly assist. Kind Regards, Leticia, Tier II Support Customer Success Team

Aug. 22nd, 2019

Jill Elsner

We have asked Ziprecruiter at least 25 times to remove our company from its paper mailings and it ignores all requests. Ziprecruiter does have a place on its website to request removals, but it continues to ignore these requests and bombard our company with their solicitation material. Zip recruiter needs to be come a better corporate citizen before our company would ever post an ad with them. They are also wasting an incredible amount of paper.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Jill, First, we would like to apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced while attempting to be removed from our mailing list. In order to escalate this issue and get your business removed from our mailing list please email and include the mailing information printed on your mailer. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tee Tier II Support

Aug. 1st, 2019

Matt K Ann Arbor, MI

Very poor customer service experience. We paid zip recruiter to list several jobs for us. As we began to filter through resumes their compliance office disabled our account. They made no effort to tell us what the problem was they simple turned off service. After several long and fruitless phone calls with their customer service they couldn't tell us anything about what the problem was or why they had taken the actions they did. There was no process in place to remedy this and the waste in time and money has been immense. I cannot recommend any business engage with this service.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Matt, Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I definitely want to dig deeper into this and fully address your concerns. I just sent a private message to you as I'm not able to locate an account with the provided information, so please respond there and I can get to work! I look forward to hearing from you! Maxcine Assistant Supervisor Customer Care

Apr. 20th, 2019

Elena M Astoria, NY

They kept charging my card $271 a month for 7 months, even after I cancelled online and received cancellation confirmation. I went further and spoke to Chesalon B in billing to confirm account was cancelled. He is so dishonest that he kept charging my credit card $272 monthly! They did refund the entire amount back after some struggle, and advising I will ask Better Business Bureau to intervene. Make sure when you cancel you get it in writing. They say even when you cancel they may still charge you a subscription fee, in my case $271 monthly. What a scam! Buyer Beware!!!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hello Elena, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, as your feedback is very important to us! We apologize that your latest experience with us was not a positive one and for the issues you experienced with our cancellation process. I am happy to hear that we resolved the billing issue for you but I would like to investigate this issue further. Please email me at and title the email "Tier III Katie" so I can make sure all of your concerns are addressed and all issues are resolved. We hope to improve your experience with us and I look forward to hearing from you. We hope you make those hires quickly and efficiently! We are now available here at Customer Success at 877-252-1062 (24/7) to answer any questions you may have. Kind Regards, Tier III Support

Jan. 24th, 2019

JOSH ROBINSON Clarksville, TN

We posted an several ads, received 0 relevant recruits out of al the garbage they sent us. What really gets you is all the hoops they make you go through to try and cancel. It really makes you feel like you are getting scammed. One of the chat feature selections is for cancellation. that misleadingly gets you to someone only to be told you must call. Call to get a pushy salesperson. Or keep getting charged. Crooked as crooked gets.

Michael McCathrin Secaucus, NJ

They just steal hard earned money away from business owners. They have deceptive practices, obscure their policies. When called they are snooty, condescending and rude. They are happy to take you money but do not deliver qualified candidates and none of the candidates respond to emails. I think this is nothing more then a scam. I got better results on Monster and other sites. with out losing $2K for a worthless ad service.

Megan Keller Waco, TX

Wish I could post in the negatives, as this is all this company is! Stay faaarrr away from these guys! Extremely dishonest company. Poor candidates and service. You could find better customer service at Wal-Mart!!! I could go on and on about how horrible this company is but I'll just leave it as they are horrible in all departments. Go to Indeed if you are looking for new hires.

Donna Plymouth, MI

What a scam - we filled our positions and then removed the job postings. Noticed several months later that we were still being billed a monthly subscription charge. After we attempted to "auto-cancel" they made us call to actually cancel. Ridiculous. After wasting several more minutes while the phone operator "auto cancelled" our subscription. I demanded the refund of the 2 months we were charged in appropriately. They only agreed to refund one month. I can't believe that they believe this trickery is good for long term business success. We are done with Zip Recruiter - never again.

Vincent Michael Baldwin Omaha, NE

They bait and hook the employer's then run ads that will have perspective worker's sign in with your facebook and if you don't upload a resume before you click thinking that there will be a form to fill out - WRONG! You just applied for the position with your facebook! What... yea! Wow! Unbelievable!! So I guess the employer is going to get a link to your facebook - That's it... So I suggest going out getting in your car or take the bus and applying in person before using these guys... they should be called "Zip trip recruiter"

Djembo Pomona, CA

As an employer, I'm looking to keep costs down. That's why I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck. This ain't it. $250.00 a month, for about the same number of qualified applicants as I get with a Craigslist ad for $50. Worse, is that they are more interested in selling you more BS products than helping fill your position. The ridiculous lengths the "service reps" go to in order to get you to empty your wallet is beyond shameless. AVOID!

Kurt David Steinbach Memphis, TN

I am a job seeker, and no they are not free. I got jobs fitting my search in my inbox every day, but whenever I clicked on a specific job to apply, I was always asked to pay with a credit card. It is not free for job seekers if I cannot apply from my search results. So they allow employers to post jobs to job boards all over the web. It doesn't help the job seeker much.

Leigh Kasica West New York, NJ

Worst decision. I cant believe I wasted my money on zipRecruiter. Not a single application was even close to what I was looking for. Majority of the applicants did not even live in the United Sates! I am so upset and disappointed. I will never use ziprecruiter again and I will tell everyone I know the same.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Leigh, Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'd like to apologize for your recent experience with ZipRecruiter and would like to investigate this issue further. Unfortunately I cannot locate your account with the information you provided. If you would like me to look into this please feel free to reach out to me personally at with the subject "Attention Stacia". You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 1877-252-1062 (24/7). Kind regards,​ Stacia - Tier II

Jun. 22nd, 2018

Christine House Nokesville, VA

I uploaded my resume, which no where listed on the website, if there was a size limit to your uploaded document. After uploading my .docx resume (which it said it accepted) if showed me as uploaded correctly. Next thing I know when I got my notification that my resume was looked at, my resume haf been altered!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear of your experience. Please be aware that edits to your original resume can only be made on the original document. Your ZipRecruiter Job Seeker account does not contain any document editing features and edits can not done by any ZipRecruiter employee. Resumes are considered protected documents and can only be altered by the document owner. We apologize if there has been any confusion with the resume feature. Our team would be happy to review your account should you decide to use our services in the future!

May. 7th, 2018

John bel

I applied to over 90 jobs. Not one company reued with yes or no we are not intreated. It site is a complete scam that looks at other job site and replicates the job. And no one is hired. I applied to 20 jobs on other sites and got 4 interviews in less then 3 days.

K. Anderson Anniston, AL

EMPLOYERS BEWARE! Once you cancel your job posting all of your candidates are deleted. They want you to download the list. Would have been nice if they told us that. Paid over $300 for one month, got a good number of candidates but have nothing to review now since they deleted all of them! I can get them back if I pay them. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Kimberley

There is at least 1 posting that I am 99% sure was a scam. I have also applied to several of the postings on their website prior to discovering the scam posting and have only heard back from 1 and it turned out to be a door to door position.

Mary A. Ivancic Redford, MI

I never authorized them to text me and they texted me the same jobs that I applied for. I canceled my subscription and they told the employer that I was no longer interested in the position that I applied for, which was not true.

BLAIR

Resumes were irrelevant to job post. High fees with no results. All resumes were a waste of time. Found our new candidate from INDEED. Much better service then zip recruiter. I would not recommend.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Blair, Thanks for your review, we do appreciate your valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear of any less than pleasant experience while utilizing ZipRecruiter for your company's hiring needs. Our team is always here and happy to help you with your account! Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We do have filters that you can apply to your job ads like the skills section which uses the algorithm to match candidates who have the specific qualifications you are looking for. I would be more than happy to personally walk you through adding those filters the next time you may consider using our services again when you have hiring needs! I understand your concern with the pricing as well, we have a wide variety of plans available at different costs and plan options are always different according to your hiring needs and you have the option to cancel the account anytime. I am glad to hear that you filled your position, that is great news! If you have further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer success team, we like to hear your concerns so we can ensure that we create a great experience for you. We are available 24/7 by phone, chat and email at or 877-252-1062. Kind regards, Leticia, Tier III Support Customer Success Team

Oct. 2nd, 2019

Sue Teaneck, NJ

The customer service is horrible. They triple prices without contacting you. Never heard from my customer service rep even though I reached out repeatedly. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hello Sue, Thank you for submitting this review, as your feedback is very important to us! I'd like to apologize for your recent experience with our Sales team. If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, I'd be happy to reassign your account to a new Account Manager who can better assist you in exploring different plan options that fit your hiring needs while staying within your budget. We understand the need to make those hires quickly & efficiently all while staying within your budget! We appreciate your patience and we do hope you make those hires soon! Please feel free to reach out to me personally at with the subject "Tier III Katie" and I can further investigate this. You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 (24/7). Kind Regards, Katie Tier III Support

Jan. 30th, 2019

Giselle Syosset, NY

I have not received quality candidates for the position. I chatted with Rebecca who was lovely and gave me some tips on how to get more leads. I am going to wait a few days to see if it works,

Rebecca Devry Denver, CO

Not eco friendly. We get 3-4 mailings EVERY DAY from these bums. Ask them to opt out, then send you to a website to enter code, then waste more paper by sending different codes. Absolute immoral!!

R Beman Laguna Niguel, CA

Incredibly difficult to load a meaningful resume. They should simply load and pass along your word formatted resume, instead they attempt to "interpret" it and butcher it in the process.

Brittany Alshawy Colorado Springs, CO

Not great. They are very high priced and rarely find you an employee. I've used them for several of my companies. It didn't seem to matter what field I was looking for; the candidates either never came; or weren't qualified. I had better luck on other sites.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback, Brittany. Should you ever choose to post with us again, our team would be more than happy to assist you in optimizing your results. Happy Hiring! -TC

Oct. 30th, 2020

Wendy Cary, NC

No description of what job entails; I need to be able to read about the job before i send my resume and you are not giving any. Craigslixt gives more and Indeed

David Church Appleton City, MO

Do not use ZipRecruiter to post your jobs. They are the worst company I've done business with in a long time. Their customer service is terrible and they are very dishonest.

Brian Harvey

They suck you in with a sales pitch, upgrade you, auto renew you and drain your bank account dry. Terrible. All my candidates came from indeed, none from these bozos....

Dan Beltsville, MD

As an employer....the leads are horrible, candidates don't even match my ad. Waste of money, I get more results off of Craigslist! You WILL be disappointed!

Heather845 New Windsor, NY

Their customer service is awful and even though I am very specific in the geographic area in which I am searching for work, they send me out of state jobs ALL the time.

Nyla C. Tallahassee, FL

ZipRecruiter has never helped me locate a job or internship. They honestly just spam you with a ton of emails and that is pretty much it. I wouldn't suggest this site to anyone.

Chris Bright Tempe, AZ

I searched for specific job criteria, it kept referring me to sales jobs. Also they sold my info and my phone blew up with sales calls and spam. Never an interview offer though.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you'd like assistance with this. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~Dee

Aug. 27th, 2021

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

I had to go through hoops just to sign up the ir process of filling out the resume was more difficult than indeeds and i never received a job offer i signed up 2 yrs ago crazy! Not happy

Reply from ZipRecruiter

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you experienced, Sara. We'd like to help! Please email our team directly at [email protected] -TC

Jun. 7th, 2021

Roqui ,

if you have one word in your profile like museum I have a degree in museum science the algorithm sends me jobs for nurses, constructions, lots of things I don't have the background or aptitude for

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thanks for your download and feedback, Roqui! Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Our agents are available 24/7 and can show you how to view your application status, customize your job alerts, add references & a cover letter, and answer any other questions you may have. We are always happy to help! ~DW

Jan. 19th, 2021

wooden scorpio Mount Airy, NC

worst find job site iv used the send u counless emails and text saying the have a certain job but when u click on apply for tha job u cant ever get to or find it basically they r a scam

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you are describing the message job seekers receive when an employer invites them to apply to their job. For assistance with this, please email us at [email protected] We are available 24/7 and we are always happy to help! ~DW

Jan. 19th, 2021

Kelli Peters Beaverton, OR

I found that their advertisement for a free trial was misleading. It left me feeling like I was a victim of a bait-and-switch.

Mark Nelson

Great marketing, all talk no action. Scam came to mind several times during my subscription with zip recruiter. Go somewhere else for this service.

. Nashville, TN

Lots of job ads but site redirects you to the company website. Allows scammers to post phony ads that expose your information. I get tons of phishing emails due to this.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I was unable to find a job on ZipRecruiter. It was complicated to use, but there were a lot of options. It just didn't work out.

Seyan Lucero Denver, CO

Looking for jobs on this site will result in getting a lot of spam emails. Jobs are not unique and you can find them elsewhere.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

We sincerely apologize that this was your experience using our platform. Please reach out to our 24/7 customer care team at [email protected] We can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, customize your location in your profile, and much more. Thank you. ~DW

Aug. 3rd, 2020

Elaine Elam

Most of the jobs have been filled and thereally are lots of scams. I'm getting off of it quickly.

Justin Pumilia Saint Paul, MN

No luck from this one. I applied to many job listing from this site and never got anything but spam emails back.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Please reach out to us at [email protected], if you'd like assistance with this. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~DW

Feb. 9th, 2021

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

I wasn't impressed with ZR. I think they are overpriced and overpromise and under deliver.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Jon, Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'd like to apologize for your recent experience with ZipRecruiter and would like to investigate this issue further. Unfortunately, I cannot locate your account with the information you provided. If you would like me to look into this please feel free to reach out to me personally at with the subject "Attention Keya". You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 1877-252-1062 (24/7). Kind regards,​ Tier II Support

Nov. 22nd, 2019