ZipRecruiter

6.6

ZipRecruiter

verified
Over 400,000 job postings

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support
Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn.

All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected to always be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education in within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs. The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel.

Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database. While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone (877) 252-1062 from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

3.4

Stacy
May 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Not super easy to search. I prefer indeed.com because it has a cleaner, easier to read look.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

[email protected]May 17, 2018

Hi Stacy, Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! I certainly understand the importance of having an easy to use interface. If you have any specific suggestions regarding site navigation or overall look, please submit them to [email protected] so we can pass them along to our Product Team. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 1 877-252-1062 24/7. Kind regards, Tier III Support

Christine House
May 7th, 2018 Nokesville, VA

I uploaded my resume, which no where listed on the website, if there was a size limit to your uploaded document. After uploading my .docx resume (which it said it accepted) if showed me as uploaded correctly. Next thing I know when I got my notification that my resume was looked at, my resume haf been altered!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

[email protected]May 07, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear of your experience. Please be aware that edits to your original resume can only be made on the original document. Your ZipRecruiter Job Seeker account does not contain any document editing features and edits can not done by any ZipRecruiter employee. Resumes are considered protected documents and can only be altered by the document owner. We apologize if there has been any confusion with the resume feature. Our team would be happy to review your account should you decide to use our services in the future!

Wendi Gowing
April 30th, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

Great support! Stacia answered my questions promptly and was able to help me understand the technical issues I was having.

Jayne Luzar
May 16th, 2018 Sarasota, FL

I posted a question, and the response time was immediate! What helpful folks they have over there!

Adriana McKenzie
April 30th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

Alexis was extremely helpful and patient to answer all of my questions!

Nicole
April 3rd, 2018 Roscoe, IL DETAILS

I think the site it user friendly I love that I can get customer service to help me quickly with any questions with live chat!

Carla Voss
March 29th, 2018 Maple Valley, WA DETAILS

Alexis assisted me quickly and efficiently with zero hoops to jump through.

DPR
March 28th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I find ZipRecruiter easy to use, easy to get started with, and get a significant amount of responses. I also find the people at ZipRecruiter very knowledgeable, outgoing, helpful, and quick to respond, both by email and phone. Alexis and Ian were very helpful.

alfred tran
March 12th, 2018 DETAILS

I gave the site a free trial, and although it was a no go for my business, Stacia M (apparently there ARE two Stacia's there!) was able to help with my account. An emergency took me away from life and I forgot to cancel my trial - she was more than understanding and was even able to reverse payment fees. Wasn't a go for my unique business, but definitely worth the try!

Gregg A PappasScholarship2018
March 8th, 2018 Plano, TX DETAILS

Alexis was a great help! I appreciate her assistance.

Carol Alexander
March 6th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Alexis was very helpful and quick to respond. I was able to complete the task I needed to do with her help.

Chris Cookman
March 6th, 2018 Macon, GA

Alexis helped me resolve my log in issue

Robert Thomas
March 6th, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

As a new user, I was having trouble placing my first ad. Alexis explained that the subscription did not have any open slots for posting. I learned something today thanks, to Alexis.

Marc Richter
February 26th, 2018 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

As usual ZipRecruiter doesn't disappoint. Just got off the phone with Stacia M. Not only did she provide great suggestions for how to automate the hiring process, but she looked out for my best interest with survey guidelines and went out of her way to suggest awesome alternative solutions. Then she listened to me vent for 20 minutes and encouraged it. If the World was more like Stacia, it would be a better place.

Evan Bourelle
February 22nd, 2018 Loveland, OH DETAILS

Alexis F answered my question on creating fresher saved searches, instead of seeing resumes that are several years old. Very helpful!

Michael
February 21st, 2018 Wake Forest, NC DETAILS

It was quick and easy. Alexis helped immediately and resolved my issue.

Lisa Clark
February 21st, 2018 Santa Fe, NM DETAILS

I have not used your service before your online chat is quick and precise. Thank you so much

Shanika Gonzalez
February 20th, 2018 Chicago Heights, IL

Stacia, the the representative on my live chat, was very helpful. I had trouble switching my account from a recruiter to a job seeker and she was able to help me in about 5 minutes! Would definitely recommend this site

Judy
February 15th, 2018 Pell City, AL DETAILS

I was being directed to a personal page instead of my Company page when I was trying to post a Job. Alexis and I chatted and she very quickly solved my issue. She was great!

Lisa
February 12th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Alexis F was great and patient with a login issues

Patti Graff
February 6th, 2018 Lafayette, IN DETAILS

I received help today from Alexis in finding a receipt I was looking for. She was awesome!

Julie Jelonek
February 6th, 2018 Grand Island, NY DETAILS

Just had a question about new account and pausing account, Alexis was able to help me quickly.

Ligia Segarra
February 5th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

I was having login issues and Alexis F helped me reset my password via email

Marc S
February 2nd, 2018 Syracuse, NY DETAILS

very helpful online chat session with Alexis F, she has a very good understanding of the system and helped us complete our post.

Bob Schulmeister
February 1st, 2018 Laurens, SC DETAILS

Customer service is great. Alexis F helped me so much.

Meg
February 1st, 2018 Chicago, IL

Very helpful support staff - quick and easy responses!

Beth Lavey
February 1st, 2018 Siloam Springs, AR

In general, I like ZipRecruiter. I personally have had issues in that the setup options do not seem to work well.

Margaret
February 1st, 2018 Gainesville, VA

I was having trouble navigating the website and she was very polite, professional and helpful!

Tonya Esteen
February 1st, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

I called in and spoke with DeJuan. He was extremely fast and enthusiastic. Fixed my password reset problem and answered all my questions about my account and explained all of ziprecruiters features like the resume database in a way that was simple yet very detailed. Ziprecruiter needs to hire 30 more people just like him! Thank you so much!

Cherie Lindsey
February 1st, 2018 Tempe, AZ

"Great service, great experince, great rep! Dejuan is the best. I needed my password reset and ended up getting my whole account reviewed after he fixed that for me. I didn't know i could post blind ads, or ad screening questions. Also my title was wrong. Thank you! thank you! thank you! This company has the best customer service by far! I've already recommended to others"

Laura Redwine
January 30th, 2018 Greenville, SC DETAILS

Alexis was extremely helpful and very quick to respond with the information that I needed!

Lisa Adair
January 30th, 2018 Richardson, TX DETAILS

I couldn't find where my Users were moved to and Alexis F helped me find them. Then she told me about posting linking our job ads to social media and I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the tip!

Michelle Buchholz
January 29th, 2018 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Alexis really helped me and answered any questions I had. I love working with the Staff at Zip Recruiter. Very fast & friendly. Thank you Alexis!

Brooke
January 23rd, 2018 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Alexis was great with helping me get my email block issue resolved! Great customer service, and very pleasant personality! Also, Alexis gave some great suggestions on how to optimize our recruiting with Social Media links!

Nathan Sewell
January 15th, 2018 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

It's been great. Thank you for the great service

Cheryl
January 15th, 2018 Exton, PA DETAILS

I was having difficulty printing and Alexis F. showed me the best way to print out copies of the resumes I was trying to obtain. She also instructed me on how to improve my usage of Ziprecruiter to enhance the number of candidates I can get

Barbie Mestad
January 11th, 2018 Jackson, WI

Alexis F answered my questions regarding how to forward resumes to another party, and how to identify candidate updates to resumes promptly & accurately! She was great!

Barbara Hess
January 17th, 2018 Cary, NC DETAILS

I was looking for an option to select "Remote" as a location. However, it is not an option. Would like to have that as an option or make that field NON-mandatory to complete. Alexis was awesome. Very quick to get me my answer

Sandra Baugh
January 11th, 2018 Fairdale, KY

I am new to ZipRecruter and was not sure how to make changes to our ad. Alexis F was friendly and very professional. She resolved my issue by telling me how to access the ad. Alexis also told me way to get the best response to our ad.

Chuck
January 11th, 2018

Had an online chat with a customer service representative and she (Alexis) gave me 1) Information on their 24hr services and alternatives on how to contact ZipRecruiter 2) She gave me vital information on why my Job post hadn't gone through and directed me to the necessary steps to rectify my issue and whom to contact