ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Tim H.

November 20th, 2020 West Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a Human Resources Professional, I know and appreciate ZipRecruiter. With our company's ADP membership, we are allotted one or two free postings at a time. My issue with ZipRecruiter is their marketing and exposure. We simply have not seen as many great results from ZipRecruiter as we have with Indeed.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

I was unable to find a job on ZipRecruiter. It was complicated to use, but there were a lot of options. It just didn't work out.

Laura Garza

November 19th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and quick way to get your name and resume out. Just a click away and your application is sent out. Definitely makes life easier!

Matt Markin

November 18th, 2020 Kearney, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The way ZipRecruiter Narrows down job search results compared to Glassdoor or indeed is very poor. For example it constantly ask me about doctor title jobs or even CDL qualified jobs after specifically stating I am qualified for neither. I think Word of Mouth in most situations would be a better job locating resource!

Diana

November 11th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I liked the layout and it’s very user friendly but they do not verify who posts their jobs and if they are credible. I’ve applied to several jobs through their site just to find that so many of them were fraudulent and trying to get you to work without pay.

nichele thau

November 10th, 2020 ,

Great website its easy to work with and understand. They have great customer service

McKenzie

November 7th, 2020 ,

Great service and has the most openings for my profession in my area, thank you for the great work. I liked how I could easy keep track of everything right on the site.

ML

November 7th, 2020 Eden Prairie, MN

This site is very helpful to look for jobs. They don’t always get right what I’m looking for but there is always a good variety of jobs.

Christine

November 6th, 2020 Shirley, NY

We use ZipRecruiter at my job and it's worked great! We've gotten many wonderful applicants through this site. Thank you!

topaztije

November 6th, 2020 ,

I don't find that the alerts are relevant to my search criteria. I have applied for a few jobs via ziprecruiter.

Brittany Lewis

November 5th, 2020 Midvale, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a hiring manager I really appreciated the support I got when I called ZipRecruiter. They walked me through how to create a listing and helped me cancel when I filled the position. The suggestions when creating were so helpful and I’m grateful I used ZipRecruiter

Joshlyn Francis-wright

November 3rd, 2020 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn't get through the interview on the app. It would not submit the information. Some of the listing weren't accurate. And the responce rate was poor. I ended up just using indeed.

ISMAIL MUSOSI

October 25th, 2020 Kampala, 102

Searching for jobs online was a big task until I landed on zipRecruiter, as a job seeker, I was able to get many many jobs that I could apply for. I was also satisfied by the amount of information included in the job descriptions, salaries and the ease of going about the browsing of the jobs available in localities. Thank you very much zipRecruiter.

You are most welcome, Ismail! Thank you for choosing Zip for your search. -TC

Stephen Van Vactet

October 17th, 2020 Denver, CO

That they were trying to help me get employment I like that about the company I didn't like that they would send me links to my email and then I would have to login to view the job searches

Oct 30, 2020

We appreciate the honest feedback, Stephen! We wish you the very best of luck with your job search. -TC

Mark McKeown

October 16th, 2020 Raleigh, NC

Do not seem to do any matching of your capabilities to applications and continue to get many multiple emails for the same opening.

Oct 30, 2020

We can always help you improve your job alerts and suggestions! Please feel free to email our customer care team at [email protected] 😃 -TC

Summer Veillon

October 15th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA

ZipRecruiter is easy to use with great customer service. Excellent return on responses and the hiring process.

Oct 30, 2020

We appreciate you sharing your delightful ZipRecruiter experience with us, Summer! -TC

Brittany Alshawy

October 9th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not great. They are very high priced and rarely find you an employee. I've used them for several of my companies. It didn't seem to matter what field I was looking for; the candidates either never came; or weren't qualified. I had better luck on other sites.

Oct 30, 2020

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback, Brittany. Should you ever choose to post with us again, our team would be more than happy to assist you in optimizing your results. Happy Hiring! -TC

Chloee Lewis

October 3rd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

This was way easy as soon as I got in it was loaded with jobs I was super happy I finally had a job amazing recommend!!

Oct 05, 2020

We're so happy for you, Chloee! We wish you the very best of luck with your awesome new opportunity. 👏 -TC

Michelle SM.

September 23rd, 2020 Cedartown, GA

This site offers a lot of jobs to apply for. However, sometimes when you go for an interview, the job descriptions on the website does not match what the interviewer job descriptions.

Sep 29, 2020

Hi, Michelle! We're very sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, the ZipRecruiter team members don't partake in the formulation of the job descriptions or what occurs during interviews. If you ever come across any suspicious activity or illegitimate information, please feel free to contact us directly so our team may look into these matters further. We wish you the best of luck with your job search! 😃 -TC

Linda mcguckin

September 23rd, 2020 Warren, MI

I accomplished what I set out to do. It just seemed like it was very brush brush brush and I was a product not a person all in all though they were very knowledgeable Linda McGuckin

Sep 29, 2020

We're here to help, Linda! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. -TC

Monique Morgan

September 22nd, 2020 ,

ZipRecruiter is a very good company. They find jobs that meet your requirements and ask you if this job the best match for what you are looking for. If not they give you a chance to say yes or no.

Sep 29, 2020

We appreciate your feedback, Monique! We're so glad you've had a wonderful experience while job searching through ZipRecruiter. Our team is available 24/7 via email at [email protected] should you ever need assistance. Best! -TC

boscoe16

September 20th, 2020 Ladson, SC

Easy to use and to navigate. Good searches and results are clear. Would recommend.

Sep 29, 2020

We appreciate your review and recommendation! Best of luck with your Zip journey! Let us know if you ever need any assistance. :) -TC

Ashley Ulibarri

September 5th, 2020 Herriman, UT

I Recently used ZipRecuiter for the first time to hire for a position and I was very impressed with the many quality candidates I received. The platform is also really well thought out and it made keeping track of all my candidates in a very organized manner. I will definitely use this service again.

Sep 08, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us, Ashley! We are so pleased to hear of your great ZipRecruiter experience. Our dedicated customer care team is available 24/7! Please feel free to reach out at any time. Best! -TC

Dalila C.

August 28th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

This website has made it very easy for me to find some good job opportunities as well as for my brothers. This website has so much to offer and they also help you create a resume if you need to. It's very easy to maneuver your way through the site and find the best matches for you for future employment!

Aug 31, 2020

It is delightful to hear such positive words and it’s always a pleasure to serve our users. Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. Please reach out to us at [email protected], if you have any questions. Our 24/7 Customer Care agents can show you how to view your applied jobs, customize your job alerts, and answer any questions you may have. We are always happy to help! ~DW

Asher Pappas

August 27th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

its great if you're only looking for jobs in one specific field, like customer service for example. There's not many filter or search options like you get on indeed.com

Aug 31, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Asher! Please reach out to us at [email protected], if you'd like assistance with this. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~DW

tete21403

August 26th, 2020 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the instant responses, customer service for my account. I like how I can post screening questions on job to sort.

Aug 26, 2020

Your feedback is very important to us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. ~DW

Kathleen Benn

August 20th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

ZipRecruiter does a great job of matching openings to my skills. The last thing anyone looking for a job wants to do is waste time with positions that are unrelated to their skill set.

Aug 26, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Kathleen! We appreciate your feedback and support. ~DW

L.Tolar

August 12th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Put my application with them and they were wonderful sent me a lot of jobs offered Get customer service

Aug 13, 2020

That's so good to hear. 😃 Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you. ~DW

Tomas Miranda

August 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL

ZipRecruiter has always provided very good job options, salary ranges and requirements for the position being applied for. I also like the additional job openings forwarded to me based on my interest as well as the one click application process.

Aug 11, 2020

Thank you for using and reviewing our platform, Tomas! If you ever need assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~DW

Patricia

August 5th, 2020 Newport, TN

I have gotten several jobs and refered several people to this site to which they have obtained jobs. Very easy site to use. Jobs go straight to my email and I love that .

Aug 11, 2020

That's wonderful, Patricia! Your support and voice are very important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience and referring us to others! ~DW

Rosa and Carla Ruiz

August 1st, 2020 Corona, CA

I have used this site twice to recruit personnel for my company and let me tell you i am satisfied so far that i will continue to use this site.

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and business. ~DW

David Najar

July 29th, 2020 Galt, CA

Zip recruiter has been great to me I have been fortunate to rely on them whenever I found my self in a need of a new project

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, David! If you need assistance at any time, we are available 24/7 at [email protected] and live chat. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook! ~DW

Savi1967 Horshaw

July 29th, 2020 Lansing, IL

User friendly. I like the way you leave alerts and how they notify you of job leads.

Aug 03, 2020

We're so glad to hear that! Thank you for your great review. ~DW

Amanda Walker

July 23rd, 2020 Arlington Heights, IL

A great way to get hired at the job your looking for. They have a variety of leads and fast response. I don’t like there account setup.

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for your feedback! If you need assistance at any time, please reach out to us. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~DW

Seyan Lucero

July 23rd, 2020 Denver, CO

Looking for jobs on this site will result in getting a lot of spam emails. Jobs are not unique and you can find them elsewhere.

Aug 03, 2020

We sincerely apologize that this was your experience using our platform. Please reach out to our 24/7 customer care team at [email protected] We can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, customize your location in your profile, and much more. Thank you. ~DW

19zander

July 22nd, 2020 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always enjoy looking through the jobs they send me via email. They do a great job of matching up jobs based on my qualifications.

Thank you kindly. ~DW

MissHmong95

July 22nd, 2020 Utica, MI

It's the easiest access to find a job. It would give you details of the job and send you notifications If there was a job posted.

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you like our platform. ~DW

Dali

July 18th, 2020 Dallas, TX

I like how I get alerts on available jobs in both wothin location radius and my area of interests. I set up alerts for different job paths, too, since I have worn a lot of hats. It keeps me aware of the current market even if I may not be actively looking for work.

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for your feedback and support, Dali! If you need assistance at any time, we are available 24/7 at [email protected] and live chat. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook! ~DW

Dawn East

July 17th, 2020 Tillamook, OR

ZipRecruiter is great! I've used them every time I need to find a new job or even when I'm working somewhere that needs to find workers! Their system is a great one and really helps when I need work and don't want to have to apply to every single place. The ability to load my resume into the system is a godsend!

Thanks Dawn! We appreciate you! ~DW

Tanya A

July 16th, 2020 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the jobs listed, but there are too many adds and to have sign up for things just to look at a job is awful!!! Too many adds and too many hoops for this website.

Aug 03, 2020

Hi Tanya, please reach out to us at [email protected], if you'd like assistance with this. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We're happy to help! ~DW

Ben and Cin

July 15th, 2020 Kenilworth, NJ

Although I utilize ZipRecruiter, I find that they send me a lot of jobs that do not always fit my job description to my email. Otherwise when I am searching for work, I find ample opportunities.

Aug 03, 2020

Thank you for your review! We'd like to help. Our 24/7 Customer Care Team can show you how to filter & search for jobs, view your application status, upload your resume, add skills, a cover letter & references, customize your job alerts, and answer any other questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you. ~DW

Sharon W

July 14th, 2020 Honolulu, HI

I initially started using ZipRecruiter because it was advertised on a lot of the podcasts I listen to. They send a lot of emails and updates on job statuses. The site is very user-friendly, but there are some false job listings that have resulted in unwanted calls and spam emails.

Aug 04, 2020

We understand your concern and we have a dedicated Trust and Safety team that handles all suspicious activity. Please report these instances by emailing [email protected] Our team will thoroughly investigate all reports and take appropriate action. Job seekers can also report suspicious jobs by clicking the 'Report Job' button on the job ad. Thank you. ~DW

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great site and app. Easy to use and lots of exposure to great jobs. I had a lot of success using them.

Apr 01, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your review and experience with us here at ZipRecruiter, Bryan! We're so glad you've been successful with your job search. Should you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to reach out to our dedicated customer care team directly at any time. We wish you the best of luck with your job search! -TC

Rathan Kumar

March 19th, 2020 Louisville, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was able to get a job straight out of college via ZipRecruiter. Was invaluable and easy in my job search

Mar 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! It is our pleasure to serve our users. We wish you the best of luck in your new role, Rathan! ~DW

Benjamin LeBlanc

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The ZipRecruiter website provides a great place for employees to find jobs or employers to find employees. The website is self is very easy to use and is very responsive. Would recommend.

Mar 09, 2020

We are so happy to hear this, Benjamin! Thank you for your 5-star review. Please keep in mind that our customer care team is available 24/7, and they're always happy to assist. :) Best! -TC

Josh Harold

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ive had trouble finding a job before but zip recruiter made it quick and easy. I like my new job and I’m glad I found it

Mar 10, 2020

Hi Josh! Thank you so much for your feedback and congratulations on landing your job! 🙌 We wish you the best of luck in your new role. ~DW

Ashley Roberts

March 4th, 2020 Lafayette, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zip Recruiter is how I ended up with my dream job! My employer posted the opening and They very easily found me within the first day!

Mar 04, 2020

Hi Ashley! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ZipRecruiter experience! Congratulations on your employment, we are so thrilled to hear your wonderful news. Our dedicated customer care team is here 24/7 if you ever need any further assistance, or if you're on the search again in the future! Best, TC Customer Experience

Mykahla Nelson

February 26th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ZipRecruiter has helped me find a ton of job opportunities! They send me an email though out the day With new jobs!

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for your download and feedback! We are pleased to hear you like the job alerts we send you. :) We wish you the best of luck in your job search. Have a great day! ~DW

Binky

February 23rd, 2020 Little Rock, AR

It would be really great if you did not send me so many flyers in the mail. That is ridiculous.

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that it can be frustrating to receive unwanted mail. We sent you a private message with a link you can use to unsubscribe using the offer code on your flyer. We also included our customer support email in case you need additional assistance. Thanks again and have a great day. ~DW

Adria

February 22nd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I definitely get a lot of alerts to new jobs with zip recruiter. Sometimes they are not what I’m looking for but it’s way to filter through them

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Adria! We sent you a private message with our contact information. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. ~DW