ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

Conrad G. Hornung
July 17th, 2019

I personally enjoy the. 1-click "Apply" button for each job. I then formalize my cover letter template for the company and position they are looking to fill, then cut & paste it into the cover letter section of each application. Much, much easier & intuitive than that darn Taleo.net resume upload software which some of the bigger companies use!

Shell415
July 17th, 2019 Wynnewood, PA

Easy to apply for positions. Very informative.

Genevieve moreno
July 17th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

This was ok , very easy info to fill out and takes little time. I haven't heard back from them yet but I recommend this to any teen or adult in need of a job

Shantel
July 17th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

ZipRecruiter is easy to use and very helpful with trying to find jobs.

John araujo
July 17th, 2019

It's good let's me know that resumes were sent and trying to help me find a job other sites dont do that

KC
July 17th, 2019 Chicago, IL

ZipRecruiter is a great website that allows you to customize your job search. You will receive general and personalized job alerts in your inbox daily. This site is great about keeping you informed as to when your application has been received and viewed by the company to which you are applying. Finally, if you need help understanding any of the functionality of the site, there is GREAT customer service to help you with a quick response turnaround time.

David Grossman
July 17th, 2019 San Jose, CA

I have found Zip Recuiter high responsive as it informs me of psitions in my locale that I am qualified.

Derek Lohman
July 17th, 2019 Houston, TX

Zip Recruiter has continually provided many great leads. The use of their app has been easy and without complications.

Julian Andres Herrera
July 17th, 2019 Moreno Valley, CA

It was actually really impressive. I didn't expect to apply to a job listening and receive a call later that day and then have the job the next day.

Dona
July 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

They send lots of openings and that is great.

Hallie Goodman
July 17th, 2019 Sacramento, CA

I think it is great for people who are looking for a job fast because it gives you plenty of updates and it tells you when your application has been viewed. It is also easy to access and get around to find what you are looking for on the website.

Bob
July 16th, 2019 Eastlake, OH

I've had more hiring personnel view my resume here than any recruiter or job site

Anna Price
July 16th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Great site for finding employment fast. Ziprecruiter has helped me find several jobs in the past. Better than most sites

Evan
July 16th, 2019 Macon, GA

Great communication, job leads that fit me.

Don
July 16th, 2019 Berne, NY

Good experience overall . Would recommend them to anyone

Bobbi Judy
July 16th, 2019 Emmett, ID

While in this hectic time I appreciated the simplicity and convenience of zip recruiter.

Tay
July 16th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

I enjoy job search on ZipRecruiter! I have found several opportunities that are promising and fit my skill set.

LARESA HICKS
July 16th, 2019 Blanchard, OK

They have all the right jobs for you if you want a career change they will help you out

Anthony Teat
July 16th, 2019 Detroit, MI

Has not been a bad experience just need more info about actually interview instead of just other jobs to apply for and still after weeks not get a job interview of which I picked

James J.
July 16th, 2019 Macon, GA

Very Good About keeping You and Your Jobs Applied For Informed and updated on A Timely Basis...

Adeniyi
July 16th, 2019

I got my first job here...great work so far. Anyway, I love the follow up too.. the alerts let me know who's watching me and where I might get a call...great job, great team.

DeAsia Strong
July 16th, 2019 Lathrop, CA

Zip Recruiter is AMAZING!!!! The are very consistent with sending jobs and they always followup with you on detailed information you need to stay on top of your job search.

Ulises Torres
July 16th, 2019 McFarland, CA

I find good possible positions but not one has contact me to set an interview

Timothy Looper
July 16th, 2019 Springfield, OH

It's easy to use and gets your resume out there.also very detailed out the jobs your applying for

Truth be Told
July 16th, 2019 Orlando, FL

I really love using Zip Recruiter. Just upload or create your resume and it"s awesome. Tell them what you are looking for and where and it's smpoth sailing. The 1 tap apply is my favorite.

Victor Byers
July 16th, 2019 Leeds, AL

I have to say thank you to ZipRecruiter and I appreciate everyone’s help from ZipRecruiter. ZipRecruiter really does take time out to put you In a good position of work and tries to help people better themselves from my experience. Thank you have a bless day

Desi
July 16th, 2019

Zip recruiter has offered me several jobs in my field. I have found the experience easy to navigate and easy to apply for the jobs I am interested in. Overall a great experience.

Jonszhell SimmonsAgnew
July 15th, 2019 Charleston, SC

Easy to do and also gives you job updates

Navdeep kaur
July 15th, 2019

Best recruiting agency. provide lots of job opportunities.

Satisfied Customer
July 15th, 2019 South Orange, NJ

Zip Recruiter is a great company because it continually alerts you of job matches that would be best for you. Thank you.

Mark
July 15th, 2019 Gause, TX

I have only started working with Ziprecruiter but I don’t have any complaints. I am looking at jobs in Colorado and Texas and I have received very good leads .

Kerry
July 15th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA

Zip Recruiter is a excellent source for finding jobs.I will defintely recommend to others. .

Dedria Mccall
July 15th, 2019 Fairfield, AL

These people are driven to help find you employment.

joshua morales
July 15th, 2019 Montgomery, TX

Speaker is the best of find any kind employment I have found many animals was a job using simple cruder and when I start my business I will also uses it recruits of my employees as myself

Anthony Gorden
July 15th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO

ZipRexruiter listen to my need for employment.

Mariamai Clingman
July 15th, 2019 Camarillo, CA

Really helps keep you encouraged, hopeful, and positive in your job search...even if your zip helper is a robot.

Domenique Antonio McCoy
July 15th, 2019 Charlotte, NC

I have a few hits with trying to find a job. Appreciate the site

Ahmad
July 15th, 2019

ZipRecruiter is very user friendly and filters are very useful to navigate

Quana
July 15th, 2019 Linden, NJ

One of the best employment site out here It fast and effective

Alison E.
July 15th, 2019 Mount Airy, MD

They consistently keep you apprised of positions in your field of interest and skillset.

Jupiter
July 15th, 2019 Greenville, SC

Are very thorough with all the questions and answers and it goes very quickly as well

Linda
July 15th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL

They match jobs I'm looking for and they are not intrusive

William Holt
July 15th, 2019 Cary, IL

The zip recruiter representative was extremely professional, courteous and friendly. Cost me to feel very comfortable throughout the process.

Jess Lee
July 15th, 2019 O'Fallon, MO

They show me jobs relevant to my search.

David Williams
July 15th, 2019 Hampton, VA

I love the way they inform you about jobs and it's a quick way to fill out applications

Regina Rainey
July 15th, 2019 Camden, SC

Zip Recruiter is a great place to provide your information and get yourself noticed by potential employers.

Xavier A. Monge
July 15th, 2019 Alexandria, VA

It is a very easy application and tool to use for Beginners. I have definitely recommended ZipRecruiter to a couple of people, who are looking for employment.

John
July 15th, 2019 Raleigh, NC

Once you do a profile and agree to notifactons,applying for jobs is pretty painless. Have gotten many interviews and few job offers.

Clemente Marroquin
July 15th, 2019 Henderson, NV

I like how fast and easy it is to apply. I'm able to search for any jobs specifically what I'm good at doing and like. The hiring manager is able to reach me and I'm able to reach them. I would recommend friends and family to check out ZipRecruiter. I like that I'm able to search for work in the state I live in and work.

Yana
July 15th, 2019 Alexandria, VA

Easy to apply for jobs. Does need to find a way to remove sales/marketing positions from the Administrative Assistant positions.