Best Company Guarantee ZipRecruiter Logo

ZipRecruiter

9.9

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

During the past year I spent time helping my husband find a new job. We put ourselves on some job listing boards on ZipRecruiter and received personalized emails with lists of companies that were offering positions that were in line with what we were looking for. The application process on this site was simple and we were able to apply to over 45 jobs during the course of a few weeks with ease. We will definitely use this service again when it is time for our next job search!

1 day ago

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have use this company before to obviously look for jobs. During that experience, I had a really hard time trying to navigate the website and get all of my information put in in order to apply for jobs. It was very disorganized. Customer service was great though. They were ready and willing to assist me in whatever way that they could.

Destini Ferguson FL

Has a variety of employers on their site, which made finding a job easier. I also like how every thing it recommends is relevant to your search. I recommend zipRecruiter to my friends.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback and recommendation, Destini! -TC

Jun. 21st, 2021

Della Lowe DeSoto, TX

I've been using this service for about 4 months and I love their hard work to match me up with the right companies for my experience

B Lemas Boise, ID

Pretty good searches. The only problem I had was they used a person's name and sent an spam email a lot. For example, hey, it's me Tom and I found a great job that I think you'll like. Problem... there is no Tom. Other than that, it's exactly what you think it is ;-)

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you’d like to share any ideas or have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected] We are always looking for ways to improve our service. ~Dee

Jun. 9th, 2021

Victoria Lindsey Indio, CA

Very impressed with their algorithms for selecting top candidates who meet the job criteria. Easy to use interface and features. Definitely a good recruiting tool for HR & Hiring Managers

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you, Victoria! We appreciate your feedback and support If you need assistance at any time, we are available 24/7 at [email protected] and live chat. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook! ~Dee

Jun. 7th, 2021

Noah Provo, UT

It was moderately effective, but it seems to have a very limited selection of jobs. It's tricky because they're at the mercy of which companies use them, but it was hard to find jobs with specific criteria.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you’d like to share any ideas or have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected] We are always looking for ways to improve our app. ~Dee

Jun. 23rd, 2021

John Cayton Nolensville, TN

I felt that the jobs listed were largely irrelevant to what I would search. So either the search results are off or they don’t web scrape enough jobs.

Samuel Tripp ,

ZipRecruiter has actually landed me several good jobs over the years. I finally found a great job I am happy with, complete with health/dental insurance and even a 401k, and still I get job offers in my email from Zip. Thanks guys keep up the good work!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

You are most welcome, Samuel! We are so happy for you. Best of luck with your new awesome position! -TC

Mar. 26th, 2021

Mr Fields Manning, SC

The website is very good with the various jobs. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the site.

J , MS

A very thorough job career seeking platform, in that it quickly connects seeker to employer, AND is very user friendly on both desktop and mobile platforms. Very cost effective with almost immediate ROI positivity for employers!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience, J! We truly appreciate your business and feedback. We are here 24/7 for your hiring needs. Please let us know if you need further assistance with anything else and we will gladly help you! ~DW

Feb. 26th, 2021

John Smolenski Tampa, FL

Great source of oppotunities. New listings daily

Danny Bowen Eagle Mountain, UT

Ziprecruiter has given me TONS of interest in my business and we're going to easily exceed our recruitment goals this quarter. Support is fantastic and constantly available. I have been given great advice and helped correct a mistake I made before it had any effect on my account. Awesome service, I'll be a long time client for sure!

Wonderful! We're always here and happy to help - 24/7. 😃 -TC

Justin Brawley ,

I found a wonderful job through Zip. I uploaded my resume and applied for some jobs. I ended up getting a call from a recruiter for a job that I didn’t even apply for just from seeing my resume on Zip and it has turned into a very good opportunity.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

That's wonderful! Thank you for using ZipRecruiter and sharing your experience. We wish you the very best of luck in your new role! ~DW

Jan. 6th, 2021

ISMAIL MUSOSI Kampala, 102

Searching for jobs online was a big task until I landed on zipRecruiter, as a job seeker, I was able to get many many jobs that I could apply for. I was also satisfied by the amount of information included in the job descriptions, salaries and the ease of going about the browsing of the jobs available in localities. Thank you very much zipRecruiter.

You are most welcome, Ismail! Thank you for choosing Zip for your search. -TC

Oct. 30th, 2020

Roland Perreault Southington, CT

Almost 3 years ago, I entered the world of searching for a job on-line. In the past, I always found a job by knowing someone in my trade. My first and most important lesson was to understand that there were very few really legitimate and professional companies like ZipRecruiter on-line. Your company, found me my job with a top real estate management company, within a few weeks. Another, great service offered by your company, I was in contact with a mentor for offered help with resumes, and helpful interview advice. The one word that comes to mind, to describe ZipRecruiter, is Professional. You were easy to recognize as the top recruiter in your field. I am fortunate to have recognized this Roland Perreault

corey hesse Blairstown, NJ

ZipRecruiter remains my go-to for finding work in a professional matter. I feel as though it sort of one-ups many other job finding applications, and many of them fail by comparison. The ability to apply is seamless, I love getting notifications from potential employers (both when applications are viewed and messages from them as well.) Zip Recruiter does an amazing job of taking the anxiety and time out of finding the right job, which brings me to my next point. Once you have viewed and dismissed enough applications, as well as applying, the app does a wonderful job of providing the jobs you're specifically looking for.

Amisher Joe

Exceptional Service, EXACTLY LIKE NOTHING ELSE. I have been on other recruiting platforms but Ziprecruiter exceeds them all. It's so engaging and I got many interview invitations through this portal. It's only unfortunate that I couldn't finally get hired because of geographical constraints. The system has automatic match jobs available for a single tap to apply, they send emails or best match Jobs vacancies, they do follow ups after you apply. I'm yet to find other recruiters who match this team. I have lived in the Middle East and was at some point on over 50% of recruiting sites but never got such attention as I got here. Thumbs up to the team at Ziprecruiter you put smiles on many faces and bring hope.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Amisher, Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your experience with our platform, its always great to hear that our job seekers are enjoying the features available with the account. I understand at times location may be a concern, there are settings you can utilize to minimize the location on your alerts page, thank you again for your review and we wish you the best on finding your next position. Please feel welcome to email our dedicated customer care team at for any questions or concerns and we will gladly help. Leticia Tier II Customer Care Advocate

Jul. 29th, 2019

Christyl Chicago, IL

ZipRecruiter is incredible! I posted a job, and got 200 applicants over the span of a couple days, during my free trial. Candidates are extremely qualified, and exporting resumes from the system is a breeze. The experience has been seamless from the start. Working with Zaheed to get the ball rolling and in the right direction, and then Alexis F in tech support to answer questions about my account at the end of the trial, has been great. While I'm not ready to move forward today, (because I have more than enough resumes to work with in the short term), I will be using this service again and again for all of my hiring needs in the future.

Savanna Columbia, SC

There are a lot of things about the ZipRecruiter platform I wish we could customize, but that is not what my review is about. I am giving five stars because of the great service I got from two employees in particular. My company wanted to modify our plan on ZipRecruiter and I spoke with Greg H about it initially. He was amazing and also very helpful, but I had to follow-up after about a week or so because we had not seen our rebate check come in the mail and some of the features we didn't need within ZipRecruiter were still available. He had provided me an email address to follow-up with, and as soon as I did, Stacia came to my assistance. Not only was she polite and knowledgeable, but she gave me all the answers I wanted (which you rarely get in Customer Service, especially when it comes to the money aspect) in a very short amount of time. Would love her to help me out again even if she can't give me the answers I hope for!

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

I had to go through hoops just to sign up the ir process of filling out the resume was more difficult than indeeds and i never received a job offer i signed up 2 yrs ago crazy! Not happy

Reply from ZipRecruiter

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you experienced, Sara. We'd like to help! Please email our team directly at [email protected] -TC

Jun. 7th, 2021

kimberli eicher Bend, OR

The main issue is being bombarded with daily emails for jobs I am not looking for. On the other hand, they are diligent in providing current opportunities.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

We can certainly assist you with your job alert emails, Kimberli! Please feel welcome to contact us at [email protected] -TC

Jun. 4th, 2021

Trent Ewing Round Lake, IL

I used ZipRecruiter to fill several openings at my company! I liked the ability to easily sort and rate applicants. I thought the quality of applicants was for the most pretty good! The cost was a little high compared to other services I’ve used.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for letting ZipRecruiter be a part of your hiring journey, Trent! We greatly appreciate your feedback. 😊 -TC

Blake Hirschi Salt Lake City, UT

I was desperately looking for a job that fit my new-found skills after graduating from college with my degree in microbiology. I looked for probably 2 months with several interviews but not offers. That's when I decided to try out ZipRecruiter. I was hired and working with two weeks of signing up. No joke.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

We're so happy to hear of your wonderful experience, Blake! We wish you the very best of luck with your new position. -TC

Brittany Lewis Midvale, UT

As a hiring manager I really appreciated the support I got when I called ZipRecruiter. They walked me through how to create a listing and helped me cancel when I filled the position. The suggestions when creating were so helpful and I’m grateful I used ZipRecruiter

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience, Brittany. -TC

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Deborah Beckstrom Saint Charles, IL

I am currently working with over 20 job vendor's and I receive more interviews with Zip Recruiter than any other vendor. The application process is seamless and quick. Zip Recuiter also matches my skillsets extremely well to my desired postion and once I apply for a position ZR will instantly send me addtl matching jobs. Keep up the great work!! Thank you for everything.

Kevin Laird Montgomery, TX

ZipRecruiter has been refreshing to finally deal with a Recruiter that has streamlined the process of finding a company and position that fits your skill set. Their eagerness to help and quick responses are the best I’ve witnessed in the industry. Very knowledgeable staff that makes the experience comfortable when deciding to make a life changing decision. Would highly recommend anyone looking for work or just wanting a change in there current situation. Five Stars First Class company in a very competitive industry.

Kelly Henderson, NV

I am impressed with ZipRecruiter for several reasons. I like the way they show salaries for most of the companies you are interested in. They also post top notch companies on their site. They let you know when the companies you applied to, view your resume and they send you personal emails targeting businesses you should apply to. It is my favorite recruiter website.

M. Cochran Max Meadows, VA

i was sick and tired of looking for employment. I was spending nearly 80 dollars a week for gas to go from one place to another filling out applications and leaving my resume. Just to hear the same old story. " I'm sorry but we're not hiring right now " Then I heard about Ziprecruiter. They took all the hassle out of job seeking and don't give up until they have found the perfect job. No more headaches. Thanks Ziprecruiter.

Chuck

This website/app is a great way to search for jobs availablility, I receive daily job opportunities that I didn't know where available. I do wish they had more specific search options like Google, Zip has a drop down box when it really should have a search for key words ability. That would make the experience an excellent one. It is a great site but hopefully one day we can go above and beyond.

Sarah Athens, TN

I use zip to look for opportunities but my best experience with Zip Recruiter was seeking potential candidates. It is the BEST tool & many don’t understand these smaller job posting ads also filter through zip. So instead of applying on Monster, indeed, etc. you can post on zip or search on zip & find everything in one place. #1 for me 5 years running

Spencer Elliot Jeanerette, LA

I came across ZipRecruiter through television castings. About a year ago and I entered my profile and uploaded my resume. Since then I have had a good response from employees wanting to speak with me about my skill set and even interviewed or Have been invited for interviews. I also was able to apply to jobs that that I didn’t know was available. It’s good to have such job hunters as ZipRecruiter.

E Burnham Kenmore, WA

Zip recruiter is like having a personal recruiter: they send you relevant jobs, follow up with you and remind you which jobs you have in progress. As a freelance designer that is one of the more difficult things to keep track of. The only thing that I would adjust is that sometimes they send me a job that is totally weird, out in left field – but that is just a matter of me replying to the "not accurate fit" button to redirect the kinds of jobs. All in all I would recommend ZipRecruiter as an efficient, time-saving job finding tool.

Keith Ballog Chicago, IL

Zip recruiter truly delivers all job opportunities that you are or would be interested in. Daily updates when new openings arise. The app really puts the opportunity to get hired in the palm of your hand. Just have your resume ready, type in what fields you are qualified for or interested in, your area & they do the rest. Wishing everyone good luck!

Rusty Jeanes Austin, TX

It was simple to use and was extremely user friendly and left me feeling accomplished and proud of the completion of my application process, unlike other web based programs. It is a complete confidence builder to be able to fill it out at your pace and not become a nervous wreck leaving a negative impression or stressed out and embarrassed by the end of the whole process.

Jennifer Pensacola, FL

I want to show my gratitude to ZipRecruiter. I signed up for ZipRecruiter on Oct.28,2019 Which was a Monday. I attached my resume and applied at several jobs, within minutes I had employers contacting me by phone and email. And by the next day I had 3 interviews scheduled. And Friday Nov. 1, 2019 , I got career. Thank you again ZipRecruiter for guiding me along the way...

Lucretia Virginia Beach, VA

I like ZipRecruiter because they are more efficient in matching your job skills with companies that are looking for you. The other Major Career site don't. I've gotten many more responses from companies (about 8-10), looking for my skills & experience, than those other sites, in a very short period of time. Plus, ZipRecruiter is better at screening out those fake companies soliciting you with fake jobs & salaries. I'd highly recommend ZipRecruiter to anyone.

Victor Taylor Rowlett, TX

I have found Ziprecruiter to be a quick and precise way to find the type of job I'm searching for. Ziprecruiter is the best job search tool I've used thus far! I can apply to several different jobs at times at the simple click or just a few clicks of buttons and it's usually not long before one or more employers are giving me a call to setup an interview.

June Bowers Mount Vernon, NY

ZipRecruiter is a great website to find your new job or career. They keep you well informed from the time the application is submitted up to when the employer view your application and even how many times they viewed your application. I feel at ease knowing if the employer is interested I will definitely recieved a call, which happen a few times now. After the employer contacts you ZipRecruiter follows up to see if you were hired or not. I love using ZipRecruiter.

Joe Oakdale, PA

Instantly, I could tell this job searching app was a much higher cut above the rest especially in comparison to the other 3 top ranked & most popular job seeking apps noting Indeed, Monster, & Glassdoor. Immediately upon uploading my resume & selecting custom filters to match my preferred career criteria, i began receiving actual calls & true opportunities inviting me to attend interviews which greatly expedited the whole process!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Joe, Thank you for submitting your great review of ZipRecruiter, we value your feedback. Its nice to hear that you have had amazing results with your job search while using the filters to search for jobs. We do our best to make it easy for you to find a job. I wish you success in finding your next opportunity. If you have any questions or concerns you can email our customer care team at and we will be happy to help you. Leticia Tier II, Customer Care Advocate

Aug. 2nd, 2019

Jennifer Ries Fort Lauderdale, FL

I just discovered Zip Recruiter from a friend. I had heard the commercials on TV, but had never paid attention to what they do. (Who is a fan of commercials on television? I get no greater pleasure than recording shows so I can fast forward through them!) In any event, I have only been using this zip recruiter site for a couple hours and I already have incredible opportunities I match with! Wow!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your valuable feedback and for submitting your review. I am so happy to hear that you have had multiple job matches for you in just a few hours, we do our best to ensure job seekers are provided with great opportunities on our job boards. Its nice to hear you were referred to our site as well, I wish you the best in your job search. If you have any questions or concerns you can email our customer care team at and we will be happy to help you. Leticia Tier II, Customer Care Advocate

Aug. 1st, 2019

Erin

Bitten by Pheonix for the fourth time, finished a fourth contract with the government, presently unemployed and not getting any help from Service Canada. About to lose my home and have no idea how to feed my son, I tried ZipRecruiter. I've been able to apply for dozens of jobs at the drop of a hat and continuously get suggestions for other job openings. Within the first few days, I got call backs for interviews. Hopefully soon, I will be working again.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Erin, Thank you for submitting your review and we truly value your feedback and we understand that times can be hard but we are glad that ZipRecruiter has given you some great leads and that you are receiving call backs to set up interviews. We strive to give our job seekers an easy way to apply and ensure you are receiving alerts for relevant jobs. I wish you all the best in your job search. Please feel welcome to email our dedicated customer care team at for any questions or concerns and we will gladly help. Have a good day! Leticia Tier II, Customer Care Advocate

Aug. 1st, 2019

KC Chicago, IL

ZipRecruiter is a great website that allows you to customize your job search. You will receive general and personalized job alerts in your inbox daily. This site is great about keeping you informed as to when your application has been received and viewed by the company to which you are applying. Finally, if you need help understanding any of the functionality of the site, there is GREAT customer service to help you with a quick response turnaround time.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi KC, Thanks for great review and I'm so happy to hear your about your experience with our site. We do our best to take the stress out of guessing when an employer viewed your resume so the alerts are an awesome way to stay informed during the process. I truly appreciate your kind words about the customer service, we are always here to help you with any concerns you may have. Please feel welcome to email our dedicated customer care team at for any questions or concerns and we will gladly help. Have a good day! Leticia Tier II, Customer Care Advocate

Aug. 2nd, 2019

Sara Sarasota, FL

ZipRecruiter has become an integral part of my search for new career avenues. It allows you to pinpoint parameters so that the leads they send you are guaranteed to be of interest. The one click apply feature takes away the inconvenience and hesitancy having to upload my resume every time would cause. I think ZipRecruiter is far superior to indeed or monster as a career hunting app/program.

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi Sara, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform, especially receiving the job leads. We do our best to make sure your experience is positive. We wish you continued success in your career search. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by email at . Thank you, Leticia Customer Success Team

Jul. 25th, 2019

John P. Karatzikos Woodside, NY

ZipRecruiter has assisted me for over 5 years in any and all job searches I have embarked on. Helpful staff, constantly notifying me of any and all new job postings. ZipRecruiter is the very best ! The very best out of all "job-searching" apps. I will never use another source again other than my favorite support team at ZipRecruiter. ZipRecruiter, thank you for keeping me employed throughout all the years!

Reply from ZipRecruiter

Hi John, Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we are happy to hear that ZipRecruiter has played a huge role in the jobs you have had through the years and we appreciate your feedback. Our awesome team is always here to help you and its nice to hear the job alerts you receive are exactly what you are looking for. Should we ever have the pleasure to assist you again in the future, please feel welcome to email our dedicated customer care team at . We wish you the very best of luck! Leticia Customer Success Team

Jul. 23rd, 2019

Marc Richter North Hollywood, CA

As usual ZipRecruiter doesn't disappoint. Just got off the phone with Stacia M. Not only did she provide great suggestions for how to automate the hiring process, but she looked out for my best interest with survey guidelines and went out of her way to suggest awesome alternative solutions. Then she listened to me vent for 20 minutes and encouraged it. If the World was more like Stacia, it would be a better place.

Cherie Lindsey Tempe, AZ

"Great service, great experince, great rep! Dejuan is the best. I needed my password reset and ended up getting my whole account reviewed after he fixed that for me. I didn't know i could post blind ads, or ad screening questions. Also my title was wrong. Thank you! thank you! thank you! This company has the best customer service by far! I've already recommended to others"

Jeannine Fort Lauderdale, FL

I've had a trying day so reaching Nicole turned it around. She is pleasant, has an incredible phone bedside manner and was quick in helping to help me navigate your site and understand the process. I'm sure she not only creates business for Zip, but keeps customers coming back as well. Please give her the kudos she so richly deserves. Jeannine (Our account is registered under my husband's name Arthur.)

Amber Tipp City, OH

I used a different hiring website a few years ago and did not receive quality candidates for the position. This time I decided to use ZipRecruiter. The applications we received actually gave us several qualified candidates. Once we hired someone I needed to cancel our auto-renewal. I did a live chat with Alexis F and she was able to quickly help me. All around the service has been great!

bob sutton Conroe, TX

I called in last week and spoke with a young man named Dejuan. He was very patient and knowledgeable about ziprecruiter's products and took his time walking me through them all. I was skeptical and thought about cancelling after not getting a lot of candidates the first few days but after speaking with him and making a few changes I now have over 50 candidates that have applied! I'm very happy with the service. Ziprecruiter works as advertised!