ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

ZipRecruiter is a site that I don't typically go to first to job search because I like Indeed so much, BUT this is awesome to compare reviews of companies and how the employees like the culture. It's super helpful when job searching, and I'll be using it more more in my future inquiries.

Dec 17, 2019

Hey Michelle, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for ZipRecruiter. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy using our services and have had a good experience on your job search. Our Customer Success Team is available 24/7 so feel free to reach out at any time to [email protected] Kind Regards, Tier II Support

William Block

December 3rd, 2019 Battle Ground, IN

It’s fast. We’ll see how successful it is

Dec 05, 2019

Hi William, thanks for sharing your review. We do our best to make it fast and easy to apply using our one click apply feature, we wish you the best in your job search!

Julie

November 26th, 2019 Burleson, TX

I appreciate the daily emails on job postings and allowing me to approach the employer on my terms.

Dec 05, 2019

Hi Julie, we are happy to hear you enjoy the daily job alerts with new positions. We do our best to ensure you have a great way to reach out to employers on your terms and apply for positions, thanks for the feedback and best wishes to you!

Melissa Durr

November 25th, 2019 Gulfport, MS

I love zip I found a job in another state and now I'm looking to move a little further with them

Dec 05, 2019

Hi Melissa, thanks for sharing your exciting news and we are happy you found a position and glad you are making a great career move with them, we wish you the best in your move!

Jessica carhuapoma

November 25th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

Awesome Thanks for making it so easy to apply to so many jobs at once once

Dec 05, 2019

Hi Jessica, thanks for sharing your review. Glad the app makes it easy to apply with our one click apply feature, we wish you the best of luck in your job search!

Erich aristy

November 20th, 2019

Excellent product and easy to used...excellent !

Nov 21, 2019

Hey Erich, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Terry lynn Higgins

November 20th, 2019 Enid, OK

It was very easy to use and got the application done very quickly

Nov 21, 2019

Hello Terry, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. We wish you the best of luck on your job search! If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Mubashar Ahmad

November 20th, 2019

It is very useful and helpful . All professional must try.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Mubashar, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Nikki Shultz

November 20th, 2019 Wichita, KS

Most informative (when information is provided) Regarding salary/hr. Pay Available health/ dental benefits Employment recruitment site! =D

Nov 21, 2019

Hey Nikki, Thank you so much for leaving a review on ZipRecruiter your feedback is very important to us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy using our services and have had a good experience during your job search. If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at [email protected] We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

James Patterson

November 20th, 2019 Spring Lake, NC

I think it's a great way to get your name out there for future employment. It's easy and fast. I believe that this is how I will start looking for employment.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Terry, Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with our platform and wish you the best of luck on your job search! If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by emailing [email protected] We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Tamara

November 20th, 2019

Although I have not found a job yet, I find that the jobs that are posted on here are more reliable than Kijiji. It’s hard to find a job today with so many scams going on in the world.

Nov 21, 2019

Hi Tamara, Thank you so much for leaving a review on ZipRecruiter your feedback is very important to us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy using our services. We wish you the best of luck on your job search! If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at [email protected] We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Brian Leber

November 20th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

I found my last job with ZipRecruiter and have used it to search for many other opportunities. Part of what I appreciate most is being notified when my application has been viewed or when a job is closed, and being able to easily track my applied jobs.

Nov 21, 2019

Hello Brian, Thank you so much for leaving a review on ZipRecruiter your feedback is very important to us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy using our services and have had a good experience on your job search. We wish you the best of luck on your job search! If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at [email protected] We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Kelly Fickenworth

November 20th, 2019 Newport, RI

Rapid professional referrals and responses. I would defintely recommend and use again. KF

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you, Kelly! We hope you have a great day and best of luck to you in your job search!

Syreeta Rucker-Brown

November 20th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

Using Zip Recruiter is a very sufficient way of find employment locally or across regions if you are relocating. The staff is very efficient with presenting opportunities that fit your skill level.

Tommy

November 20th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA

Convenient, Resourceful & Promising. As soon as I apply, the calls come pouring in. I'm really liking what ZipRecruiter has done to help individuals find employment opportunities. Thank you so much

Andre cooper

November 20th, 2019 Opa-locka, FL

I like ziprecuiter it was easy to apply for job on this site

Mandy

November 20th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Awesome resource. Best place to search available job opportunities. ZipRecruiter is awesome and sends the most recent jobs available.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Mandy! We hope you have a great day and best of luck to you in your job search!

John Brizuela

November 20th, 2019 Worcester, MA

The best recruiter site I have been, and e-mails seem promising to reach out managers.

charlene hennen

November 20th, 2019 Melrose, MN

Honestly this is the easiest that has ever been for me to apply for jobs and they are awesome at finding jobs that pertain to my work history and my resume so thank you ZipRecruiter!

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Charlene! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Have a great day!

J

November 20th, 2019 Fresno, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service I recommend it to people searching for job opportunity in the metro Plex areas anywhere.

YOUSSEF DAOUDI

November 20th, 2019

I fond q lot of jobs with your help so thanks

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Youssef! Have a wonderful day!

Monty Nkosi

November 20th, 2019 Woodbridge, VA

Zip Recruiter is the best thing that was ever created for job seekers to just apply for jobs with one click from a cellphone.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Monty ! We hope you have a great day and best of luck to you in your job search!

Tristan

November 20th, 2019 Mooresville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ZipRecruiter is awesome. They make it quick and easy to connect with tons of great employers with endless opportunities!

Lisa

November 20th, 2019 Litchfield, NH

I felt zipRecruiter was easy to maneuver.

janine Williams

November 20th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

Whenever I deal with zip recruiters they always give me really great prospects and far as high paying jobs if I qualify for them thank you so much

Martin Rubalcava

November 20th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ZipRecruiter is an American employment marketplace for job seekers and employers. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, connecting millions of employers and job seekers through mobile and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Martin! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Have a great day!

Justin Tartt

November 20th, 2019 Newburgh, NY

They are quick and easy to work with and are simple to use for first time users.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Justin! We hope you have a great day and best of luck to you in your job search!

Eric S. Papay

November 20th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL

Awesome experience very helpful ill be sure to recommend

Michael Mallis

November 20th, 2019 Orange, CA

ZipRecruiter is outstanding in providing quality support for those looking for immediate employment opportunities as well as career options that can best benefit each applicant building his or her career. I would definitely recommend Zip Recruiter to anyone interested in beginning or furthering their career.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you, Michael! We appreciate your review!

Sheri

November 20th, 2019 Grapevine, TX

Great listings, full of info, helpful, detailed

R.E.Barahona

November 20th, 2019 Lancaster, CA

I have found ZipRecruiter to be very helpful and giving me daily options. Thank you so much!

Chris murray

November 20th, 2019 Valley Cottage, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There research is top notch and the amount of possible jobs increases daily thank you

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you, Chris! We wish you the very best on your job search. Have a great day!

Mitzi

November 20th, 2019 Dallesport, WA

ZipRecruiter helped me fine tune my resume and find local jobs. I’m very thankful.

Cecilia Gladden

November 20th, 2019 Cleveland, OH

The company is very proficient, and seems to take into consideration my experience and skills also my background to match me with the right employer and the right position. I would and have recommended them to others who are looking for employment.

Chetan Shah

November 20th, 2019 Lewisville, TX

Very quick listing of job and updates after the application. Fully keep informed.

Nov 22, 2019

Thanks Chetan! Have an amazing day!

Ranisha Strother

November 20th, 2019 Newport News, VA

Great way to place applications. Love the 1-click 'Apply' option!!

Diane

November 20th, 2019 Fair Haven, NJ

As I search for a job no other avenue other than Zip Recruiter stays true to the radius that my preferred job is in. The other companies indeed linkenin all send me jobs in NYC when I want a job within Monmouth county NJ- ZipRecruiters send me exactly what I am looking for in the exact radius I am looking for- time well spent in Zip

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you so much, Diane! We appreciate your feedback!

Ashley

November 20th, 2019 Louisville, KY

Very easy to access and love the fact that my status on my application will notify me as it changes.

Darrell Swan

November 20th, 2019 Festus, MO

Very thorough! Had an up to date list of available job openings and their links actually worked unlike some of their competitors.

La'Chyra Griffin

November 20th, 2019 Slidell, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very detailed and explainable I had no problem my experience was amazing.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you La'Chyra! We are happy to hear your experience with our app was good for you! Have an amazing day!

Janet

November 20th, 2019 Croydon, PA

I found the process on ZipRecruiter to be easy and quick.

Jaden Cresser

November 20th, 2019 Ocoee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick and easy job suggestions. I was able to outsource about 160 jobs

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you Jaden! Have a great day!

Deborah Beckstrom

November 20th, 2019 Saint Charles, IL

I am currently working with over 20 job vendor's and I receive more interviews with Zip Recruiter than any other vendor. The application process is seamless and quick. Zip Recuiter also matches my skillsets extremely well to my desired postion and once I apply for a position ZR will instantly send me addtl matching jobs. Keep up the great work!! Thank you for everything.

Yvette Patterson

November 20th, 2019 Chicago, IL

Get lots of job applications love the site

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you, Yvette! Have a wonderful day!

Dave

November 20th, 2019 Chicago, IL

Results are delighted fixated by titles. I'm receiving a large majority of matches that do not match my experience. There are options to help narrow this, but I still find myself spending too much time looking at jobs that are sales focused.

Marshall Ismael

November 20th, 2019

Very good and really takes time to analyze workers in order to be on the right truck. I love it

Koko Hunt

November 20th, 2019 Honolulu, HI

Popped into my email as a job offer. Very easy to use the online questionnaire and complete the process. Before I knew it I was complete.

Raiford Kinney

November 20th, 2019 Canton, GA

You people do have some good listings. I have been extremely satisfied.

Kenny Hollinhead

November 20th, 2019 Newport News, VA

ZipRecruiter has found jobs that line up with my goals more than any other site that I have tried.

Tylyn Austin

November 20th, 2019 West Jordan, UT

I love you guys at ZipRecruiter because of you guys I have a wonderful job. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for your wonderful app and emails. Thank you