ZipRecruiter

verified

ZipRecruiter

verified
Find the Perfect Job for You

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support

Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn. All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected always to be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs.

The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel. Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database.

While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user-friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

3.5

Matt K
April 18th, 2019 Ann Arbor, MI DETAILS

Very poor customer service experience. We paid zip recruiter to list several jobs for us. As we began to filter through resumes their compliance office disabled our account. They made no effort to tell us what the problem was they simple turned off service. After several long and fruitless phone calls with their customer service they couldn't tell us anything about what the problem was or why they had taken the actions they did. There was no process in place to remedy this and the waste in time and money has been immense. I cannot recommend any business engage with this service.

Apr 20, 2019

Hi Matt, Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I definitely want to dig deeper into this and fully address your concerns. I just sent a private message to you as I'm not able to locate an account with the provided information, so please respond there and I can get to work! I look forward to hearing from you! Maxcine Assistant Supervisor Customer Care

JAKE
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I heard about Zip recruiter from a radio add and decided to try it for our business. It is very well known so I feel like they have a lot of people who use it. It ended up being a little more expensive than I had hoped. If you are a larger company that is hiring many people its worth it but for a smaller company only looking for a few positions its a high price point.

Ponch Thompson
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

When using ZipRecruiter, it drove me a bit crazy. It wants to charge me to post to 80+ concurrent services. If I want/need that, that is great. If I don't, stop bugging me.

Erikka N
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really enjoyed using zip recruiter. They make it a very easy process to streamline hiring a new employee or looking for a new job. It is very nice that they narrow it down so you are being matched with companies who you seem compatible with.

Sue
January 29th, 2019 Teaneck, NJ DETAILS

The customer service is horrible. They triple prices without contacting you. Never heard from my customer service rep even though I reached out repeatedly. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Jan 30, 2019

Hello Sue, Thank you for submitting this review, as your feedback is very important to us! I'd like to apologize for your recent experience with our Sales team. If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, I'd be happy to reassign your account to a new Account Manager who can better assist you in exploring different plan options that fit your hiring needs while staying within your budget. We understand the need to make those hires quickly & efficiently all while staying within your budget! We appreciate your patience and we do hope you make those hires soon! Please feel free to reach out to me personally at [email protected] with the subject "Tier III Katie" and I can further investigate this. You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 (24/7). Kind Regards, Katie Tier III Support

Elena M
January 24th, 2019 Astoria, NY DETAILS

They kept charging my card $271 a month for 7 months, even after I cancelled online and received cancellation confirmation. I went further and spoke to Chesalon B in billing to confirm account was cancelled. He is so dishonest that he kept charging my credit card $272 monthly! They did refund the entire amount back after some struggle, and advising I will ask Better Business Bureau to intervene. Make sure when you cancel you get it in writing. They say even when you cancel they may still charge you a subscription fee, in my case $271 monthly. What a scam! Buyer Beware!!!

Jan 24, 2019

Hello Elena, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, as your feedback is very important to us! We apologize that your latest experience with us was not a positive one and for the issues you experienced with our cancellation process. I am happy to hear that we resolved the billing issue for you but I would like to investigate this issue further. Please email me at [email protected] and title the email "Tier III Katie" so I can make sure all of your concerns are addressed and all issues are resolved. We hope to improve your experience with us and I look forward to hearing from you. We hope you make those hires quickly and efficiently! We are now available here at Customer Success at 877-252-1062 (24/7) to answer any questions you may have. Kind Regards, Tier III Support

Justene Garcia
January 18th, 2019 Irvine, CA DETAILS

The worst customer services! be aware of those sucker

Jan 18, 2019

Hello Justene, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, as we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your most recent experience with us here at ZipRecruiter. We want to provide employers and job seekers with the best experience possible and I would love to investigate this further. Please email me here at [email protected] and title it "Tier III" voicing your concerns. I hope I am able to resolve your issue and improve your experience with us. We are available here at Customer Success at 1877-252-1062 (24/7) to answer any questions you may have! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you, Katie Tier III Support

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Ziprecruiter is free to use and easy to use. All jobs are lined up before you and organized into categories so you can easily find the job of your dreams.

Kymberlee Yack
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

these guys are phenomenal! they've helped me with so many job searches, and they constantly email me with jobs exactly to or similar to what i want which i love!

Nishita
December 10th, 2018 McLean, VA

I got placed at the company I am currently working at within a month, thanks to ZipRecruiter. The app is phenomenal, honestly thankful.

Dee Farquharson
December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

Used this site for only a couple weeks. We riddled with scammers trying to get personal information.

Melissa Carreno
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

pretty sweet app, like that its so fast and convenient, sends you notifications and provides a lot of resources. would recommend in the future.

Donna Williams
December 5th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I have used ZipRecruiter many times as both a person looking for employment and as a business executive looking to hire. I love the ease and simplicity that ZipRecruiter offers. It allows you to easily find the job or candidate that you are looking for. They are the first place I turn to.

Katie Kearney
December 3rd, 2018 Vienna, VA

The second you put any information in, be prepared to be spammed with a ton of emails. The platform is hard to navigate around through and I feel like they list very irrelevant jobs as matches for you. Was not a big fan of them.

Lindsay Fritts
November 19th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Ziprecruiter is pretty good for finding good jobs to apply for. I would get emails all the time regarding jobs that I might be interested in. They were like 50% ones that might be relevant, so the algorithm isn't that great, but it still would give me random jobs to apply to which I liked.

Cody Enslow
November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I was reached out to via email for job offers that I was looking for at the time, but when I got a job I wanted I wasn’t bothered for too long after.

BD
October 30th, 2018 Lindenhurst, NY

I uploaded the app on my android, invited two of my past employers to give me a reference. I landed two different jobs in the past 3 years and starting to feel the need to begin my free search. No complaints here just gratitude!

Anslie
October 10th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I just got zip recruiter, and I love that I didn't have to pay for the app or to make an account. It has a lot of jobs pull up that aren't relevant to me, so they should have questions when you sign up about what you are interested in so they can show jobs that people will actually consider.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I was pleasantly surprised to find my last job on zip recruiter. They also offer links for making different resumes which I found very helpful.

Anne Starley
July 17th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA

I had recently been on the job search and using all sorts of recruiting/job search sites and this one was by far my favorite! The most taxing part of the job hunt, in my opinion, is reentering the same information again and again for each new company. Zip recruiter took care of this. They saved my info. I looked through their recommended jobs based on my preferences. One-click on any job I was interested in and... voila! applied.

Taylor Siren
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

ZipRecruiter helps you present your resume to a variety of companies so that you are in the best position to receive job offers.

Leigh Kasica
June 15th, 2018 West New York, NJ DETAILS

Worst decision. I cant believe I wasted my money on zipRecruiter. Not a single application was even close to what I was looking for. Majority of the applicants did not even live in the United Sates! I am so upset and disappointed. I will never use ziprecruiter again and I will tell everyone I know the same.

Jun 22, 2018

Hi Leigh, Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'd like to apologize for your recent experience with ZipRecruiter and would like to investigate this issue further. Unfortunately I cannot locate your account with the information you provided. If you would like me to look into this please feel free to reach out to me personally at [email protected] with the subject "Attention Stacia". You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 1877-252-1062 (24/7). Kind regards,​ Stacia - Tier II

Stacy
May 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Not super easy to search. I prefer indeed.com because it has a cleaner, easier to read look.

May 17, 2018

Hi Stacy, Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! I certainly understand the importance of having an easy to use interface. If you have any specific suggestions regarding site navigation or overall look, please submit them to [email protected] so we can pass them along to our Product Team. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] You can also reach the rest of our Customer Success Team by calling 1 877-252-1062 24/7. Kind regards, Tier III Support

Jayne Luzar
May 16th, 2018 Sarasota, FL

I posted a question, and the response time was immediate! What helpful folks they have over there!

Christine House
May 7th, 2018 Nokesville, VA

I uploaded my resume, which no where listed on the website, if there was a size limit to your uploaded document. After uploading my .docx resume (which it said it accepted) if showed me as uploaded correctly. Next thing I know when I got my notification that my resume was looked at, my resume haf been altered!

May 07, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear of your experience. Please be aware that edits to your original resume can only be made on the original document. Your ZipRecruiter Job Seeker account does not contain any document editing features and edits can not done by any ZipRecruiter employee. Resumes are considered protected documents and can only be altered by the document owner. We apologize if there has been any confusion with the resume feature. Our team would be happy to review your account should you decide to use our services in the future!

Wendi Gowing
April 30th, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

Great support! Stacia answered my questions promptly and was able to help me understand the technical issues I was having.

Adriana McKenzie
April 30th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

Alexis was extremely helpful and patient to answer all of my questions!

Nicole
April 3rd, 2018 Roscoe, IL DETAILS

I think the site it user friendly I love that I can get customer service to help me quickly with any questions with live chat!

Carla Voss
March 29th, 2018 Maple Valley, WA DETAILS

Alexis assisted me quickly and efficiently with zero hoops to jump through.

DPR
March 28th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I find ZipRecruiter easy to use, easy to get started with, and get a significant amount of responses. I also find the people at ZipRecruiter very knowledgeable, outgoing, helpful, and quick to respond, both by email and phone. Alexis and Ian were very helpful.

alfred tran
March 12th, 2018 DETAILS

I gave the site a free trial, and although it was a no go for my business, Stacia M (apparently there ARE two Stacia's there!) was able to help with my account. An emergency took me away from life and I forgot to cancel my trial - she was more than understanding and was even able to reverse payment fees. Wasn't a go for my unique business, but definitely worth the try!

Gregg A PappasScholarship2018
March 8th, 2018 Plano, TX DETAILS

Alexis was a great help! I appreciate her assistance.

Robert Thomas
March 6th, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

As a new user, I was having trouble placing my first ad. Alexis explained that the subscription did not have any open slots for posting. I learned something today thanks, to Alexis.

Chris Cookman
March 6th, 2018 Macon, GA

Alexis helped me resolve my log in issue

Carol Alexander
March 6th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Alexis was very helpful and quick to respond. I was able to complete the task I needed to do with her help.

Marc Richter
February 26th, 2018 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

As usual ZipRecruiter doesn't disappoint. Just got off the phone with Stacia M. Not only did she provide great suggestions for how to automate the hiring process, but she looked out for my best interest with survey guidelines and went out of her way to suggest awesome alternative solutions. Then she listened to me vent for 20 minutes and encouraged it. If the World was more like Stacia, it would be a better place.

Evan Bourelle
February 22nd, 2018 Loveland, OH DETAILS

Alexis F answered my question on creating fresher saved searches, instead of seeing resumes that are several years old. Very helpful!

Lisa Clark
February 21st, 2018 Santa Fe, NM DETAILS

I have not used your service before your online chat is quick and precise. Thank you so much

Michael
February 21st, 2018 Wake Forest, NC DETAILS

It was quick and easy. Alexis helped immediately and resolved my issue.

Shanika Gonzalez
February 20th, 2018 Chicago Heights, IL

Stacia, the the representative on my live chat, was very helpful. I had trouble switching my account from a recruiter to a job seeker and she was able to help me in about 5 minutes! Would definitely recommend this site

Judy
February 15th, 2018 Pell City, AL DETAILS

I was being directed to a personal page instead of my Company page when I was trying to post a Job. Alexis and I chatted and she very quickly solved my issue. She was great!

Lisa
February 12th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Alexis F was great and patient with a login issues

Julie Jelonek
February 6th, 2018 Grand Island, NY DETAILS

Just had a question about new account and pausing account, Alexis was able to help me quickly.

Patti Graff
February 6th, 2018 Lafayette, IN DETAILS

I received help today from Alexis in finding a receipt I was looking for. She was awesome!

Ligia Segarra
February 5th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

I was having login issues and Alexis F helped me reset my password via email

Marc S
February 2nd, 2018 Syracuse, NY DETAILS

very helpful online chat session with Alexis F, she has a very good understanding of the system and helped us complete our post.

Cherie Lindsey
February 1st, 2018 Tempe, AZ

"Great service, great experince, great rep! Dejuan is the best. I needed my password reset and ended up getting my whole account reviewed after he fixed that for me. I didn't know i could post blind ads, or ad screening questions. Also my title was wrong. Thank you! thank you! thank you! This company has the best customer service by far! I've already recommended to others"

Tonya Esteen
February 1st, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

I called in and spoke with DeJuan. He was extremely fast and enthusiastic. Fixed my password reset problem and answered all my questions about my account and explained all of ziprecruiters features like the resume database in a way that was simple yet very detailed. Ziprecruiter needs to hire 30 more people just like him! Thank you so much!

Margaret
February 1st, 2018 Gainesville, VA

I was having trouble navigating the website and she was very polite, professional and helpful!

Beth Lavey
February 1st, 2018 Siloam Springs, AR

In general, I like ZipRecruiter. I personally have had issues in that the setup options do not seem to work well.