ZipRecruiter verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

6.3

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 in Santa Monica, CA and has grown to provide its services to over 7,000,000 job seekers each month. The company's mission is to help people find meaningful employment and has done incredibly well in completing that mission. ZipRecruiter makes it easy for employers to find talent by connecting job seekers to relevant companies. ZipRecruiter has over 10,000 new companies subscribe each month, has 100+ job distribution partners, and has provided its services to over 1,000,000 employers.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Customer support
Price Range

Employers may test out ZipRecruiter's services with a 4-day free trial. After that, they must choose the package that best suits their needs:

• Starter (3 active jobs slots): $249month
  • Team (10 active job slots): $375/month
  • Company (20 active job slots): $576/month
  • Big Hiring (50 active jobs slots): $752/month

For an additional fee, jobs can get a "traffic boost" (guaranteed 100 more hits) or be listed on paid job boards like Monster.com and LinkedIn.

All of ZipRecruiter's services, including resume distribution, is completely free for job seekers, and that is expected to always be the case: "ZipRecruiter will never charge job seekers for anything."

Reach

ZipRecruiter's resume current database includes over 13 million job seekers. Over 640,000 new jobs are posted daily within ZipRecruiter's job board network (over 100 other sources) and social network.

Resources and Learning Materials

This site does a good job explaining how to "search smart" using various titles, quotes, and terms. It provides more guidance in this area than most other employment sites. Additionally, their blog contains employment education in within four categories:

• Job search tips
  • Interview tips
  • Career advice
  • Insights

One excellent article to search in the archives is titled "Your Most Productive Job Search Schedule," an extremely practical yet novel approach to finding a job.

Special Features

Job seekers will find ZipRecruiter to be easy to use, as it has several features that simplify the job search process. First, those with a LinkedIn profile can import their LinkedIn profile to ZipRecruiter.com as they build their presence on ZipRecruiter. They can sign up for listing notifications, track the status of their applications, and apply with a 1-tap system, linking their profile information with potential jobs. The job search bar works great, but the job browsing page is a great alternative as well. All jobs in the system that can be categorized are very simply and clearly laid out by state, category, and job type so browsers can narrow their search using the keywords most commonly used in each industry.

Employers can include pre-interview surveys or quizzes (free-form, multiple choice, or yes/no) in job postings so they can view individual responses alongside a resume. Another perk is the option of collaborating with team members to rate, organize, filter, share notes, and add labels to potential candidates-all online through ZipRecruiter. Candidates can also be exported to Excel.

Both job seekers and employers benefit from the resume database. While employers pay for this service, job seekers don't have to pay anything to opt in. Only paid employer and recruiter-identifying account holders can access this information. Resumes are well-formatted for easy downloading, printing, and sharing with colleagues during the hiring process. On the job seeker side, applicants don't have to spend time worrying if their documents have been seen, as resume views are updated under their application status.

Customer Support

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance. They offer live help through chat or phone (877) 252-1062 from 6am-6pm Pacific Time daily. Questions can also be answered on the Twitter account @ZipRecruiter.

The Bad

Experience

ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010, so it is one of the newer companies in the job search industry.

The Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter was definitely created with the job seeker in mind, just as much as the recruiter. The website layout is user friendly, live help is available, both searching and browsing options are intuitive and clear, and the resume distribution system is mutually beneficial. There is a lot to like about this company, clients to at least test the 4-day trial before committing to pay for ZipRecruiter's services.

3.2

Judy

February 14th, 2018 Pell City, AL DETAILS

I was being directed to a personal page instead of my Company page when I was trying to post a Job. Alexis and I chatted and she very quickly solved my issue. She was great!

Lisa

February 12th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Alexis F was great and patient with a login issues

Patti Graff

February 5th, 2018 Lafayette, IN DETAILS

I received help today from Alexis in finding a receipt I was looking for. She was awesome!

Julie Jelonek

February 5th, 2018 Grand Island, NY DETAILS

Just had a question about new account and pausing account, Alexis was able to help me quickly.

Ligia Segarra

February 5th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

I was having login issues and Alexis F helped me reset my password via email

Marc S

February 2nd, 2018 Syracuse, NY DETAILS

very helpful online chat session with Alexis F, she has a very good understanding of the system and helped us complete our post.

Bob Schulmeister

February 1st, 2018 Laurens, SC DETAILS

Customer service is great. Alexis F helped me so much.

Meg

February 1st, 2018 Chicago, IL

Very helpful support staff - quick and easy responses!

Beth Lavey

February 1st, 2018 Siloam Springs, AR

In general, I like ZipRecruiter. I personally have had issues in that the setup options do not seem to work well.

Margaret

February 1st, 2018 Gainesville, VA

I was having trouble navigating the website and she was very polite, professional and helpful!

Tonya Esteen

February 1st, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

I called in and spoke with DeJuan. He was extremely fast and enthusiastic. Fixed my password reset problem and answered all my questions about my account and explained all of ziprecruiters features like the resume database in a way that was simple yet very detailed. Ziprecruiter needs to hire 30 more people just like him! Thank you so much!

Cherie Lindsey

January 31st, 2018 Tempe, AZ

"Great service, great experince, great rep! Dejuan is the best. I needed my password reset and ended up getting my whole account reviewed after he fixed that for me. I didn't know i could post blind ads, or ad screening questions. Also my title was wrong. Thank you! thank you! thank you! This company has the best customer service by far! I've already recommended to others"

Laura Redwine

January 30th, 2018 Greenville, SC DETAILS

Alexis was extremely helpful and very quick to respond with the information that I needed!

Lisa Adair

January 30th, 2018 Richardson, TX DETAILS

I couldn't find where my Users were moved to and Alexis F helped me find them. Then she told me about posting linking our job ads to social media and I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the tip!

Michelle Buchholz

January 27th, 2018 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Alexis really helped me and answered any questions I had. I love working with the Staff at Zip Recruiter. Very fast & friendly. Thank you Alexis!

Brooke

January 23rd, 2018 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Alexis was great with helping me get my email block issue resolved! Great customer service, and very pleasant personality! Also, Alexis gave some great suggestions on how to optimize our recruiting with Social Media links!

Nathan Sewell

January 15th, 2018 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

It's been great. Thank you for the great service

Cheryl

January 15th, 2018 Exton, PA DETAILS

I was having difficulty printing and Alexis F. showed me the best way to print out copies of the resumes I was trying to obtain. She also instructed me on how to improve my usage of Ziprecruiter to enhance the number of candidates I can get

Barbie Mestad

January 11th, 2018 Jackson, WI

Alexis F answered my questions regarding how to forward resumes to another party, and how to identify candidate updates to resumes promptly & accurately! She was great!

Barbara Hess

January 11th, 2018 Cary, NC DETAILS

I was looking for an option to select "Remote" as a location. However, it is not an option. Would like to have that as an option or make that field NON-mandatory to complete. Alexis was awesome. Very quick to get me my answer

Sandra Baugh

January 11th, 2018 Fairdale, KY

I am new to ZipRecruter and was not sure how to make changes to our ad. Alexis F was friendly and very professional. She resolved my issue by telling me how to access the ad. Alexis also told me way to get the best response to our ad.

Chuck

January 10th, 2018

Had an online chat with a customer service representative and she (Alexis) gave me 1) Information on their 24hr services and alternatives on how to contact ZipRecruiter 2) She gave me vital information on why my Job post hadn't gone through and directed me to the necessary steps to rectify my issue and whom to contact

nicholas rivero

January 10th, 2018 Chino, CA DETAILS

Alexis F help extract the resume from my job posting of potential applicants. She was very friendly and helpful!

ANN GARDEA

January 10th, 2018 DETAILS

FIXED MY PROBLEM, WHEREAS THE DAY BEFORE NO ONE COULD. THANK YOU

Barbara Millard

January 10th, 2018 Downingtown, PA DETAILS

Alexis was most helpful with my questions.

Julie Lindsey

January 8th, 2018 Troy, MI DETAILS

I was having login issues and Alexis F helped me reset my password via email

Nicole Walker

January 8th, 2018 Roscoe, IL DETAILS

I needed help for an account user that was logged out and I was helped right away! i liked the quick service!

Dr. Berns

January 8th, 2018 Schererville, IN DETAILS

Alexis explained my different account options fully and I was able to make the right decision for my listing after her help. Quick and friendly. Thanks!

Expedient PLLC

January 7th, 2018 Arcade, NY DETAILS

I had a billing question and Alexis was very helpful.

chad

January 7th, 2018 Lorton, VA DETAILS

Chat with Alexis F from Ziprecruiter was super easy and took care of my start-up activation before I could even say "Thank You" Alexis F - Thank You!

Stephen

January 7th, 2018 Ooltewah, TN DETAILS

Good Afternoon, I had several questions and concerns with Zip Recruiter, but Alexis F. on the chat support guided me through several settings and new employer job posting questions, and even gave valuable opinions on how to better the postings. Thank you Alexis!

Craig Allen

January 7th, 2018 Happy Valley, OR DETAILS

Alexis quickly and professionally took care of my issue with no questions asked. I like that.

Nick

January 7th, 2018 Downers Grove, IL

Answered all questions quickly, clearly, made me more confident in continuing to try out the software.

Tiffany Glass

January 6th, 2018 Studio City, CA

The online person helped me perfectly! Thank you!

Matilde Tysz

January 6th, 2018 Garden City, NY DETAILS

Had a product question and used the chat live for a quick reply. The chat was quick, and excellent chat service by Alexis!

Jeannine Jaffe

January 5th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I've had a trying day so reaching Nicole turned it around. She is pleasant, has an incredible phone bedside manner and was quick in helping to help me navigate your site and understand the process. I'm sure she not only creates business for Zip, but keeps customers coming back as well. Please give her the kudos she so richly deserves. Jeannine (Our account is registered under my husband's name Arthur.)

JOSH ROBINSON

January 4th, 2018 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

We posted an several ads, received 0 relevant recruits out of al the garbage they sent us. What really gets you is all the hoops they make you go through to try and cancel. It really makes you feel like you are getting scammed. One of the chat feature selections is for cancellation. that misleadingly gets you to someone only to be told you must call. Call to get a pushy salesperson. Or keep getting charged. Crooked as crooked gets.

Maham

January 3rd, 2018 Ontario, CA

I spoke with Alexis today. She provided me with exceptional customer service. I was not able to find the hidden candidates and she helped me with it. Also she answered every question i had in my mind.

Carry Sanderson

January 1st, 2018 Mableton, GA DETAILS

I was having issues with my log in today and Alexis F helped me get in. She was very nice and helpful!

Amber

January 1st, 2018 Tipp City, OH DETAILS

I used a different hiring website a few years ago and did not receive quality candidates for the position. This time I decided to use ZipRecruiter. The applications we received actually gave us several qualified candidates. Once we hired someone I needed to cancel our auto-renewal. I did a live chat with Alexis F and she was able to quickly help me. All around the service has been great!