USA Jobs Logo

6.5

USAJobs.gov is the central location to find job openings within hundreds of federal agencies and organizations, including opportunities located in over 145 countries. Job seekers can search for listings by agency, occupation, or location. Account holders can also get updates automatically through RSS feed when site content changes and can also check the status of their job applications, save jobs, and set up automatic searches.

Indeed Logo
#2 Indeed chevron_right
LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range
No fees are required to access-or apply to-job postings. Only official government agencies can recruit through USA Jobs. Therefore, there is not an option for other individuals or businesses to post job listings through the organization.
Special Features
Since USA Jobs is a government-run website, they provide government-specific hiring information that isn't found on other job search websites. Along with providing job listings from 500 different agencies or organizations, they prepare job seekers for the federal hiring process with information about the required documentation, government pay and leave, eligibility, and qualifications to work for the U.S. government. Additionally, USA Jobs gives specialized attention to veterans, students, recent graduates, citizens with disabilities and senior executives. For example, individuals with disabilities can qualify for eligibility for "Schedule A," a special hiring authority that gives federal agencies a potentially quicker way to hire individuals with disabilities. Tips for applying for this and other hiring authorities can be found on the USA Jobs home page.
Experience
USA Jobs has been in operation since 1996, making it one of the older companies in the job search industry. Most companies have less than 20 years of experience.

The Bad

• Reach
  • Resources and learning material
  • Customer support
Reach
There are currently over 11 million USA Jobs account holders and in 2015, there were 360,422 listings the entire year. Compared to the top companies, which have listings in the millions at any given point, the reach of USA Jobs is not impressive.
Resources and Learning Material
USA Jobs has two resume-building information pages:
  • What should I include in my resume?
  • What should I leave out of my resume?
The articles are helpful, clear, and detailed, making them great resources. However, this is a small sampling of learning materials compared to the top companies in the job search industry. USA Jobs users would benefit from a more comprehensive educational resource, such as an up-to-date blog with relevant employment search news articles or webcam interview preparation.
Customer Support
There is not a chat function or a customer support telephone number to call on the site's help section. These are services that set the top job search companies apart in regards to customer service. However, USA Jobs users can submit a ticket to the support desk and wait to be contacted regarding their questions, either by email or phone. Help desk technicians are available from 7am-8pm EST Monday-Friday and 8am-4pm EST Saturday and Sunday.

The Bottom Line

This is a great resource for those seeking work within government agencies. As an official U.S. government website, job seekers on USAJobs.gov can be confident that they are avoiding the employment scams that can be found in other job search engines. However, the number of listings found within USA Jobs simply cannot compare with the extensive reach of other job searches. USA Jobs is a good starting point, but is not likely to yield the quantity of employment options that can be found elsewhere.

4.1

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have had several experiences with this company online. There were several points that I was in the job market and somebody referred me to this company. There were several jobs and the descriptions of the job were good and detailed. All of their descriptions were great. I did have to talk to customer service a few times and the few times that I did, they were professional and very thorough with me: The one thing that I don’t like about this company is actually the website. There are a lot of things on that website that are difficult to find and not very easy to navigate back-and-forth. The pages are very jumbled looking and it is not well organized either. But my overall experience, it was good and I really enjoyed the customer service.

Arden Lincoln, NE

I absolutely love how it saves your documents and other information. It's really a lifesaver when you're applying to a steady stream of jobs. The search function is a little hard to use - I wish there was an easier way to search jobs for (example) recent grads without being funneled through the help center page. But overall, pretty use friendly.

Kirstie Pursell San Antonio, TX

The sight is very easy to use. It is a little hard at first to get your resume in. But after all you have to do is answer questions for the individual jobs. You can easily see your status on your home page so you aren't left wondering

Rob Weekes Yuma, AZ

They post relevant titles and descriptions of government jobs at no cost. The searches can be narrowed down to time frame, location and type. However, at times those searches can a bit jumbled.

Mr Fields Manning, SC

I love the website. There were tons of jobs posted to the site. I received several interviews after posting my resume to the site.

hminfo Olney, MD

USA Jobs is a great tool for finding a federal government job. The improvements over the years have made it much easier to use.

Bethany Rockville, MD

What I like USA jobs is that you can save your updated resume and supporting documents in your account so you don’t have to upload them every time.

Lenny Grabert Salt Lake City, UT

Usajobs help me find 5 jobs that I enjoyed

Kibitzie Columbia, TN

I have landed a few jobs from here. The process is great. daily emails are sent to me on the saved searches I created so I am first to know. The status is updated in a timely manner depending on how fast HR can work. I know they are busy people. There is an archive so you can place previous jobs there and not clutter up the list when they get old or completed the process. I like how you can save your documents and easily upload them when you need to. It makes the process so much easier.

Heather Milke Olney, MD

You have to be on USA Jobs if you want to land that all important federal government job. The system makes it easy to search for jobs that fit your criteria.

Ruth Puyallup, WA

If your retired or prior civil service. USA jobs is great place to find government job openings. They list them for all over the country plus some for over seas. You can apply thru the site. For folks with out prior service there are positions that are open to everyone. It’s a awesome site

Madeline Baker Akron, OH

Great insight! I am college senior so I am a frequent visitor of job sites!

seanth57 Columbus, GA

I have used this company many times, always great customer service and support.

. Nashville, TN

Site is difficult to navigate. I'm not impressed at all. Extremely long application process for every single job posted. Some people give up on applying for jobs via the site because of this. I'm one of those people!

Meagan Smyrna, GA

USAjobs has a feature that allows you to receive notifications about newly posted jobs that are relevant to you. Its nice to have a helpful tool in job searching

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

Runs well for a government site but to be sure this is a low bar. Beyond my own quibbles with the algorithmic nature of USA Jobs and the hiring process, the site is straightforward and serviceable.

Phoenicia Cloud Rosamond, CA

I love this site! I found it very straightforward but a bit difficult to navigate at times. I will admit that I am not the most technologically inclined. Great experience over all.

Andrew Hyde ,

This site is the easiest way to sort through the numerous government jobs available by the most common categories. The job descriptions and applications processes could have been explained better but that is also the same with dealing with any government agency.

Ray Reyes Fuquay-Varina, NC

One of the best website when I retired from the military I use it to search for a Job and I found what I was looking for great service and now I am working on what I like. I will recommended to anybody with my eyes close.

Noor Hamad New York, NY

a lot off good jobs and easy to use, good for everyone

Debra Millender St Louis, MO

Great way to find a DoD job all over the globe. They break it down as to who came apply to make it easier so you don't waste your time. USA Jobs is where I found my current position that I have held for 4 years now. Love this site.

jingqi lei Rockville, MD

USA jobs is great website for job hunter, especially when you are aiming for a federal government job. Highly recommended.

Cdavid St Louis, MO

USA Jobs is very helpful when searching for a government job. I like the resume builder that you can save and use again.

Hyrum Sandy, UT

For all the jobs I was looking at, this was the only way to apply. The overall system is a little clunky, but then again it is the federal government. It is very convenient to apply to so many good jobs from one single site.

Eric Asare-budu Mechanicsville, VA

The website is each to use and gives you access to a lot of federal jobs. It easy to update or change your resume.

Kyle Hinton Scottsville, KY

The Jobs are very well defined in the descriptions and their resume building tool is nice because you can save multiple resumes. The search could use some work though.

CAHomeOwner Clovis, CA

Their site can be a bit hard to find to specific job you are looking for. It is helpful if you have the exact job title listing or listing number ready to search.

Miller Clarksburg, MD

USA Jobs offers a great deal of jobs listed for various fields.

Larkins ,

Good place to find government jobs. However the search engine can be a little difficult

Aline Muhssen St. Petersburg, FL

They are very helpful . I receive lots of job emails. I hope to continue to receive job emails. It is great!

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

While there are a lot of jobs posted on here, it is really difficult to understand the requirements sometimes. It's not as easy to use as many other Job Search platforms so that's why I would just rate it as being just ok.

MadPugh ,

Few decent offers in my city. Had to address another service to help me out. Hope this website helps someone else more than me.

Matters Norfolk, VA

Great resource. Smartly developed and it actually works. I found my current job through USA Jobs!

Eugene Opbroek Hartford, SD

limited areas, otherwise ok, would be a lot better if encompassed all jobs down to city level

Sherri Love Chandler, AZ

A lot of government job opportunities available, but very difficult to navigate. Even getting set up is difficult.

Savi1967 Horshaw Lansing, IL

It's difficult to upload requested documents. Site is NOT user friendly. You have to go thru too much just to apply for a position.

Nancy Paugh Long Beach, MS

Job listing are not always current. When calling company about job position, sometimes they say there is no position

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

USA Jobs didnt have a lot of listings in my area that soe other jonb search sites. Also, the UI was riddled with ads that got in the way.

Thomas Hughes McDonough, GA

Good jobs, great selection. I went on a couple of interviews.