Snagajob is a job search website/app that specializes in hourly job employment in the fields of retail, hospitality, healthcare, and restaurants. The company is headquartered in Richmond, VA and is known for being named the best small business to work for by the Great Place to Work Institute in 2011.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#2 Indeed chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Experience
  • Customer support
Reach

There are currently 60 million job seekers and 15,000 employers with accounts on Snagajob. There are consistently over 400,000 jobs listed. In 2015, Snagajob reached its high of 1 million active job postings.

Resources and Learning Materials

Snagajob is clearly concerned about safety and security based on its pool of resources on these topics alone. Job seekers can find information, tips, and warnings about the following internet safety topics:

• Passwords
  • Public access
  • Responsible networking
  • Recognizing phishing and suspicious emails
  • Malware and spyware
  • Work-from-home jobs
  • Filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center

The company's learning center features pages and pages of fun, informative videos. Many of these are animated and they all seem to be geared towards the largest group of Snagajob users, workers ages 16-30. One video series focuses on ideas for answering difficult and "weird" interview questions, such as:

• What are your weaknesses?
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • How much do you want to make?
  • Why did you quit your last job?
Special Features

The company has 3 major features that make the job application process more efficient:

Visuality Personality Assessment
This assessment is supposed to measure a candidate's personality and predict how he or she would react to situations on the job, resulting in a score between 0-100. This score is meant to show how successful the candidate is likely to be on the job. It is similar to traditional job application assessments, but takes 3 minutes rather than 30 minutes or longer, a typical assessment. Snagajob claims that 90% of their job-seeking users complete the assessment, which is statistically proven to be more accurate than the Myers-Briggs personality test.

1-Click Apply
This feature essentially converts a candidate's Snagajob profile into an application that can be easily viewed by the recruiter. This component increases job posting views by 50% and delivers a mobile app completion rate of 90%, compared to the job search industry average of 2%. (To be fair, though, a system like 1-click apply wouldn't work for most salaried job descriptions and application requirements where it does work for hourly jobs.)

Application Viewing
Employers can sort, filter, and review applications quite easily with the profile-type application system. They can like or decline applicants (much like a Facebook friend request) which sorts the applicants into different lists for further review by the employer.

Experience

Snagajob started in 2000, giving the business over 16 years of experience.

Customer Support

Snagajob's customer support perk is the ability to ask job search or career questions in the comments area of their educational resources as well as on Facebook. In general, these receive quick responses from employment experts-and sometimes in-depth ones. The support team can be reached by emailing [email protected] or calling (888) 762-7624 between 8:30AM-7:30PM ET Monday-Friday.

The Bad

• Price range
Price Range

Without exception, job seekers can search for and apply to jobs at no cost, even for the 1-click application service. Job recruiters have a few different options for job postings. None of them are cheap, and this is with a maximum of 3 postings (a plan with more jobs posted need to be arranged with the sales team):

• Starter: $89/month - This includes 1 active job posting, 1-click applications, daily profile invites, targeted email blast, and sorting and filtering tools.
  • Starter Plus: $99/month - This plan includes all of the above plus Snagajob's candidate visuality personality assessments.
  • Growing: $249/month - Finally, this package comes with all of the above with 3 active job postings, plus employee management and reporting services.

The Bottom Line

This is the place to go for job seekers who are student, teen, or seasonal workers, as well as seasoned part-time or full-time workers in the industries Snagajob attracts. The focus on interview preparation is a big focus of this company, perhaps because of the ubiquity of customer service jobs, where social skills are so crucial. The cost for employers seems steep for the job listing(s) they are getting, but the company is able to retain a large number of account holders regardless-most likely because of the convenience of the unique 1-click profile application and personality assessment.

4.1

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

I have used snagajob but nothing came of it. The platform was confusing. It had a lot of options but none of them succeeded for me.

Chelsea Kidd

November 12th, 2020 Logan, UT

I like this website, it comes up with good job openings. One thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have a big variety on different job openings.

Jessica Stottern

November 4th, 2020 Logan, UT

The site didn't have much jobs and was kind of a pain to navigate through. When applying half the time the application wouldn't go through.

Alyssa Hansel

October 26th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Snagajob is super helpful, especially for minors who are wanting to find their first job! I used this service when I was in high school, and I was able to get interviews with job prospects a week later!

Makenna Romano

October 16th, 2020 Brea, CA

I highly recommend this website for finding a job. I was looking for a job and I put in what I wanted to do. It so quick and easy and I'm now working at my job!

Dalila C.

August 28th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

I like Snagajob because they send you updates on new openings either through email or text, or both..which ever you prefer. I like the alerts sent when new opportunities have come up. I like the chat option when trying to communicate with a company you're applying for.

Jimena Gamboa

August 19th, 2020 La Feria, TX

Snagajob was extremely easy to use and let me quickly find jobs in my hometown without worrying about being sent to other websites or having issues. I love that it is also free and allows me to do everything at my own pace.

Emily Navarro

July 27th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Very informative on jobs near me. Doesn’t give me jobs out of my area that would be too far for me

Tina Taylor

July 26th, 2020 Ebensburg, PA

They send you a lot of emails for jobs, so lots of potential options. They're very helpful.

Vanessa Sanchez

July 21st, 2020 San Antonio, TX

It’s always very fast and easy to submit applications and resumes. I have received multiple calls back for interviews thanks to snagajob. Even got hired at a few locations.

Yeisha

July 15th, 2020 New York, NY

The sign up process was easy. The job selections was easy to find and apply to. I would recommend because it was recommended to me.

Madalyn Johnson

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

Snagajob is a great place for anyone looking for a job to find a large variety of options!

Dee Farquharson

December 10th, 2018 Washington, DC

I didnt find my job on this site but it was nice while I was looking. I was getting a lot of extra emails that were not connected with my field of choice. I eventually had to cease all mail because it was a little excessive. Also, I updated my address but I kept getting mail from my old address in a different state. I wouldn't use it again, to be honest.

Julia Halliday

December 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I was able to use Snagajob to help me find a babysitting job. It was easy to use, but make sure to put the right cities/states in order to find the jobs best suited for you.

Rachael Kerr

November 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Snagajob helped me get my first interview ever. It does a good job of laying out the available work positions open near you and it's very easy to create an account. I like the simple design.

Carolynn

August 22nd, 2018 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I browsed through Snagajob a few times to help look for employment for my son. It was easy to navigate, let’s you make specific searches, and seems to keep jobs up to date.

Brayden D.

July 4th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Snagajob is by far the easiest way to look for jobs that are perfect for you! It has so many great jobs that lead to so many opportunities!