Snagajob Logo

6.4

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021
Snagajob is a job search website/app that specializes in hourly job employment in the fields of retail, hospitality, healthcare, and restaurants. The company is headquartered in Richmond, VA and is known for being named the best small business to work for by the Great Place to Work Institute in 2011.

Indeed Logo
#2 Indeed chevron_right
LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Experience
  • Customer support
Reach
There are currently 60 million job seekers and 15,000 employers with accounts on Snagajob. There are consistently over 400,000 jobs listed. In 2015, Snagajob reached its high of 1 million active job postings.
Resources and Learning Materials
Snagajob is clearly concerned about safety and security based on its pool of resources on these topics alone. Job seekers can find information, tips, and warnings about the following internet safety topics:
  • Passwords
  • Public access
  • Responsible networking
  • Recognizing phishing and suspicious emails
  • Malware and spyware
  • Work-from-home jobs
  • Filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
The company's learning center features pages and pages of fun, informative videos. Many of these are animated and they all seem to be geared towards the largest group of Snagajob users, workers ages 16-30. One video series focuses on ideas for answering difficult and "weird" interview questions, such as:
  • What are your weaknesses?
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • How much do you want to make?
  • Why did you quit your last job?
Special Features
The company has 3 major features that make the job application process more efficient: Visuality Personality Assessment This assessment is supposed to measure a candidate's personality and predict how he or she would react to situations on the job, resulting in a score between 0-100. This score is meant to show how successful the candidate is likely to be on the job. It is similar to traditional job application assessments, but takes 3 minutes rather than 30 minutes or longer, a typical assessment. Snagajob claims that 90% of their job-seeking users complete the assessment, which is statistically proven to be more accurate than the Myers-Briggs personality test. 1-Click Apply This feature essentially converts a candidate's Snagajob profile into an application that can be easily viewed by the recruiter. This component increases job posting views by 50% and delivers a mobile app completion rate of 90%, compared to the job search industry average of 2%. (To be fair, though, a system like 1-click apply wouldn't work for most salaried job descriptions and application requirements where it does work for hourly jobs.) Application Viewing Employers can sort, filter, and review applications quite easily with the profile-type application system. They can like or decline applicants (much like a Facebook friend request) which sorts the applicants into different lists for further review by the employer.
Experience
Snagajob started in 2000, giving the business over 16 years of experience.
Customer Support
Snagajob's customer support perk is the ability to ask job search or career questions in the comments area of their educational resources as well as on Facebook. In general, these receive quick responses from employment experts-and sometimes in-depth ones. The support team can be reached by emailing [email protected] or calling (888) 762-7624 between 8:30AM-7:30PM ET Monday-Friday.

The Bad

• Price range
Price Range
Without exception, job seekers can search for and apply to jobs at no cost, even for the 1-click application service. Job recruiters have a few different options for job postings. None of them are cheap, and this is with a maximum of 3 postings (a plan with more jobs posted need to be arranged with the sales team):
  • Starter: $89/month - This includes 1 active job posting, 1-click applications, daily profile invites, targeted email blast, and sorting and filtering tools.
  • Starter Plus: $99/month - This plan includes all of the above plus Snagajob's candidate visuality personality assessments.
  • Growing: $249/month - Finally, this package comes with all of the above with 3 active job postings, plus employee management and reporting services.

The Bottom Line

This is the place to go for job seekers who are student, teen, or seasonal workers, as well as seasoned part-time or full-time workers in the industries Snagajob attracts. The focus on interview preparation is a big focus of this company, perhaps because of the ubiquity of customer service jobs, where social skills are so crucial. The cost for employers seems steep for the job listing(s) they are getting, but the company is able to retain a large number of account holders regardless-most likely because of the convenience of the unique 1-click profile application and personality assessment.

4.0

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob is nice because it lets you browse through job openings on the left and view them in more detail in the center of your screen without making you lose your place on the list. It also tells you what the average pay is for the specific job description and lets you check out the time it would take to commute.

Nazjah Yates Tallahassee, FL

I recommend this to everyone. You are able to find jobs, apply for internships, and more. For my previous job we used to recruit employees from this app and it was easy to work with. It is user-friendly and allows you to upload important documents very easily.

rohanna meikle Tallahassee, FL

The website is of good quality and the customer service team is helpful.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Snagajob is a very user-friendly job search engine. It allows you to search for jobs near your location within the distance you set without having to log in (however you do need to log in to apply). You can refine the search to a very specific field too which is helpful when there are thousands of jobs posted on the site! The one drawback to Snagajob is that it is difficult to find jobs depending on the area or field that you are looking in.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob is easy to use and very user friendly. Their customer service is superb. They also have a large variety of jobs available on their platform.

Ruth Jeanmary Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob always steers me in the right direction when I or my friends and family are looking for employment. I love the information it gives me about jobs!

Sara McCreery Brooklyn, NY

I didn’t get a job with snagajob so it didn’t really help me. It was difficult to add a resume but I finally did it. I received lots of irrelevant job postings via my email. I ended up unsubscribing from the emails because most of them were from towns not close to me or jobs in other states?

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Snagajob is a great resource to find jobs. It's easy to filter out your salary needs, education requirements, hours, et cetera, which I really like. The listings are all valuable jobs, and I've been able to find listings on here that I haven't another websites!

Jasmine Tallahassee, FL

Great app to find your first job and if you are just looking for a job. This helped me find my job just because it has great customer service.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

It's not too bad. It seems to try and mirror a little of Indeed and ZipRecruiter. I still use it from time to time but it doesn't leave a memorable impression. Always use every outlet you can find for recruiting and job searching, right?

Missy New Castle, PA

Most emails I receive from Snagajob are little more than click-bait. It takes you to a listing where you have to enter your email to see a posting and then you get spammed, and the posting itself rarely reflects the jobs it baited you with.

Jonah Draper, UT

It was helpful and easy to use when I was looking for a job. I did have to sign up though and now I’m not looking for a job and I still get a bunch of emails from them and that’s annoying.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob is very user friendly that allowed me to search for jobs in my area.

its Dana Orlando, FL

Very easy to use, has a great variety of jobs and interviews. Very secure

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Snagajob is absolutely perfect when searching for a job. I searched and received my first job through their services. Not only do you find available openings in your area, you have access to the different positions, average hours, and average pay. Snagajob makes job searching an efficient process because you get all of the information you need in just a few clicks.

Nyla C. Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob just spams you with a lot of emails on an everyday basis. The platform is also filled with a lot of popups and it is just a website that I wouldn't suggest to someone looking for a real job.

Iraida Alicea Marietta, GA

Great job search site. Syncs with most ATSs. Saw good applicant flow with this system.

Gary Griffith Abilene, TX

Snagajob is an online site for posting/applying for jobs. Seems to be somewhat lacking. I have found that a lot of the jobs and Information provided are outdated. I also found their website difficult to navigate.

Ann Horst San Antonio, TX

I liked using Snagajob to let my son know which entry-level jobs were hiring. Very easy to use and applications are easy to do right from the phone.

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have use this company several times to upload my resume in order to apply for several jobs. It is organized and well put together. You are able to find what you were looking for without issue. I did have to speak to customer service once or twice and they were very professional and reassured me on my questions.

Celeste Walker American Fork, UT

Snagajob has been a helpful resource to find a great job! It has given me many opportunities of where to apply and what I am interested in! It also has very detailed information about each company and what it does to help the community!

Sophie Glendale, CA

I have used snag a job in the past while looking for a job and they had a great and wide variety of filters you sort through to find what might be suitable for you and they are very much on top of the posting ensuring they are up to date and positions are still open for hiring. Very good service you can use to help find you a job

Cindy R Tallahassee, FL

I liked how consistent the app was with updating me about nearby available jobs.

Dalila C. Santa Ana, CA

I like Snagajob because they send you updates on new openings either through email or text, or both..which ever you prefer. I like the alerts sent when new opportunities have come up. I like the chat option when trying to communicate with a company you're applying for.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob is super helpful, especially for minors who are wanting to find their first job! I used this service when I was in high school, and I was able to get interviews with job prospects a week later!

Jimena Gamboa La Feria, TX

Snagajob was extremely easy to use and let me quickly find jobs in my hometown without worrying about being sent to other websites or having issues. I love that it is also free and allows me to do everything at my own pace.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

I didnt find my job on this site but it was nice while I was looking. I was getting a lot of extra emails that were not connected with my field of choice. I eventually had to cease all mail because it was a little excessive. Also, I updated my address but I kept getting mail from my old address in a different state. I wouldn't use it again, to be honest.

Rachael Kerr Gilbert, AZ

Snagajob helped me get my first interview ever. It does a good job of laying out the available work positions open near you and it's very easy to create an account. I like the simple design.

Kori Travis Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob does not give you a lot of options when it comes to jobs. They also do not give you the location of the job you are applying for

Maria Donham Grovetown, GA

Have a good amount of different employees.

Makenna Romano Brea, CA

I highly recommend this website for finding a job. I was looking for a job and I put in what I wanted to do. It so quick and easy and I'm now working at my job!

Vanessa Sanchez San Antonio, TX

It’s always very fast and easy to submit applications and resumes. I have received multiple calls back for interviews thanks to snagajob. Even got hired at a few locations.

Carolynn West Jordan, UT

I browsed through Snagajob a few times to help look for employment for my son. It was easy to navigate, let’s you make specific searches, and seems to keep jobs up to date.

Juliana Castin Tallahassee, FL

Snagajob has helped me get a job, several times. It’s great for students who are in need of some part-time opportunities.

Yeisha New York, NY

The sign up process was easy. The job selections was easy to find and apply to. I would recommend because it was recommended to me.

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

Snagajob is by far the easiest way to look for jobs that are perfect for you! It has so many great jobs that lead to so many opportunities!

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

The sign up process was ok. Making a resume was more difficult and i only got one job offer in 6months i was like never again!

Tlopez90 Hartford, CT

This site I truly depends on for local job listings in the area based on skill set and distance

Emily Navarro San Antonio, TX

Very informative on jobs near me. Doesn’t give me jobs out of my area that would be too far for me

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

I was able to use Snagajob to help me find a babysitting job. It was easy to use, but make sure to put the right cities/states in order to find the jobs best suited for you.

Candi Ward Fenton, MI

Absolutely amazing site for when looking for employment. The site is updated often amd east to use.

Chelsea Kidd Logan, UT

I like this website, it comes up with good job openings. One thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have a big variety on different job openings.

Jessica Stottern Logan, UT

The site didn't have much jobs and was kind of a pain to navigate through. When applying half the time the application wouldn't go through.

Tracy Deleon Lake Wales, FL

Their jobs are low paying and are jobs most people don't want. Useless site

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I have used snagajob but nothing came of it. The platform was confusing. It had a lot of options but none of them succeeded for me.

Madalyn Johnson Provo, UT

Snagajob is a great place for anyone looking for a job to find a large variety of options!

Tina Taylor Ebensburg, PA

They send you a lot of emails for jobs, so lots of potential options. They're very helpful.