- Price range
- Resources and learning materials
- Special features
- Customer support
Monster's value plans for job recruiters are as follows:
- 1 reusable job slot
- 1 Twitter card for social recruiting
- 50 candidate targeted emails
- 3 reusable job slots
- 3 Twitter cards for social recruiting
- 100 candidate targeted emails
- 5 reusable job slots
- 5 Twitter cards for social recruiting
- 150 candidate targeted emails
The minimum commitment for a monthly plan is 90 days and the commitment is 12 months for an annual plan.
A one-time standard job ad costs $375 and decreases in cost per job ad as more are purchased at one time. For example, if you purchase 100-249 standalone job ads, you get them for $130 each. However, by including a location and job title, Monster can present less expensive job bundles (depending on the location) with optional add-ons. A skilled or hourly job ad costs less at $119 for a 14-day job ad, but has fewer options included.
Monster is constantly running special offers and promotions, such as buy one ad, get one free. Promo codes get the customer a certain percentage discount off.
Monster provides services in over 40 countries and its network includes 1,000 newspaper partner sites in addition to its own website, web network, and mobile apps. According to the company's daily stats, 35,800 resumes are added to the database every day, 6.5 million job searches are performed, and 5.1 million jobs are viewed.
Resources and Learning Materials
Monster's home page provides links to six different communities for job seekers: career start, healthcare, part-time, retail, technology, and transportation. Each community features blog articles, job listings, career advice, and tweets relevant to the industry or job seeking phase. This way, job seekers that fit into these niches have a learning center already curated with resources that fit their needs and goals.
The education center for recruiters categorizes their resources into the categories of
recruiting and hiring advice, workforce management, market intelligence, monster training, HR events, and small business. It features 2 free guides: a business hiring guide with basics on creating an effective job ad, and a guide to hire, engage, and retain millennials. Recruiters will find Monster's "best keywords" series especially helpful-these articles feature the best way to cater to job seekers in several specific metropolitan cities in the U.S.
- Skilled and hourly job ads: Recruiters can choose from over 300 job titles, modify a pre-written job description as necessary, then simply enter a company name, job location, and contact information to be matched with candidates (screening questionnaires and auto-reply emails are not available with this product).
- Power resume search: Monster's matching technology finds matches based on search criteria, then ranks candidates according to how relevant and recent the specific qualifications are, improving efficiency in the hiring process.
- Social exposure: Job listings can be turned into a branded tweet promoted to Monster's Twitter followers.
- Resume writing service: Users can have their resume edited ($139.95+) or written and designed ($179.95+) within 3 days by a professional through CareerPerfect.com. Add-ons include cover letter help, interview follow-up letter, and bio.
- Targeted hiring solutions: Monster gives specific recommendations and services for hiring job seekers in certain demographics or industries, including healthcare workers, government hires, military veterans, college students, and recent graduates.
- Company profiles: Businesses can provide updated descriptions, photos, reviews (through kununu.com), news, and job listings on Monster to increase
Monster.com was founded in 1999 with the merger of The Monster Board (1994) and Online Career Center. The 1994 job database containing job descriptions from the newspaper was the first public job search that could be searched with a web browser. So though The Monster Board was an extremely simple, dinosaur version of today's Monster.com, we count the company as an impressive leader in the job industry.
Paid clients get on-demand support during business hours through live chat (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST) and phone communication (available Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM EST at 1-800-MONSTER. In fact, all Monster.com visitors can chat with the sales team through the live chat or submit a help form to the service team.