Monster.com's website is among the top employment sites as far as number of hits and it offers a number of services catered to job recruiters and seekers. Monster.com purchased the Jobs.com domain name in 2002. Visitors looking for a Jobs.com review, can find almost the same quality as Monster.com. Some things that set Monster apart are alliances with newspapers in major cities like New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago, a focus on Twitter advertising, and sensitivity to accessibility needs on their website.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#2 Indeed chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
  • Experience
  • Customer support
Price Range

Monster's value plans for job recruiters are as follows:
Starter: $99/month

Premium: $399/month

• 5 reusable job slots
  • 5 Twitter cards for social recruiting
  • 150 candidate targeted emails

The minimum commitment for a monthly plan is 90 days and the commitment is 12 months for an annual plan.

A one-time standard job ad costs $375 and decreases in cost per job ad as more are purchased at one time. For example, if you purchase 100-249 standalone job ads, you get them for $130 each. However, by including a location and job title, Monster can present less expensive job bundles (depending on the location) with optional add-ons. A skilled or hourly job ad costs less at $119 for a 14-day job ad, but has fewer options included.

Monster is constantly running special offers and promotions, such as buy one ad, get one free. Promo codes get the customer a certain percentage discount off.

Reach

Monster provides services in over 40 countries and its network includes 1,000 newspaper partner sites in addition to its own website, web network, and mobile apps. According to the company's daily stats, 35,800 resumes are added to the database every day, 6.5 million job searches are performed, and 5.1 million jobs are viewed.

Resources and Learning Materials

Monster's home page provides links to six different communities for job seekers: career start, healthcare, part-time, retail, technology, and transportation. Each community features blog articles, job listings, career advice, and tweets relevant to the industry or job seeking phase. This way, job seekers that fit into these niches have a learning center already curated with resources that fit their needs and goals.

The education center for recruiters categorizes their resources into the categories of
recruiting and hiring advice, workforce management, market intelligence, monster training, HR events, and small business. It features 2 free guides: a business hiring guide with basics on creating an effective job ad, and a guide to hire, engage, and retain millennials. Recruiters will find Monster's "best keywords" series especially helpful-these articles feature the best way to cater to job seekers in several specific metropolitan cities in the U.S.

Special Features
  • Skilled and hourly job ads: Recruiters can choose from over 300 job titles, modify a pre-written job description as necessary, then simply enter a company name, job location, and contact information to be matched with candidates (screening questionnaires and auto-reply emails are not available with this product).
  • Power resume search: Monster's matching technology finds matches based on search criteria, then ranks candidates according to how relevant and recent the specific qualifications are, improving efficiency in the hiring process.
  • Social exposure: Job listings can be turned into a branded tweet promoted to Monster's Twitter followers.
  • Resume writing service: Users can have their resume edited ($139.95+) or written and designed ($179.95+) within 3 days by a professional through CareerPerfect.com. Add-ons include cover letter help, interview follow-up letter, and bio.
  • Targeted hiring solutions: Monster gives specific recommendations and services for hiring job seekers in certain demographics or industries, including healthcare workers, government hires, military veterans, college students, and recent graduates.
  • Company profiles: Businesses can provide updated descriptions, photos, reviews (through kununu.com), news, and job listings on Monster to increase
Experience

Monster.com was founded in 1999 with the merger of The Monster Board (1994) and Online Career Center. The 1994 job database containing job descriptions from the newspaper was the first public job search that could be searched with a web browser. So though The Monster Board was an extremely simple, dinosaur version of today's Monster.com, we count the company as an impressive leader in the job industry.

Customer Support

Paid clients get on-demand support during business hours through live chat (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST) and phone communication (available Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM EST at 1-800-MONSTER. In fact, all Monster.com visitors can chat with the sales team through the live chat or submit a help form to the service team.

The Bottom Line

Monster has a good handle on the online recruitment market. The company's bundle packages, standard purchase options, and frequent promotions show that they approach customers in a variety of ways-similar to their approach in recruitment.

3.5

Diana

November 11th, 2020 Miami, FL

Decent site. Shows jobs and sometimes pay of the specific job. Pretty user friendly but I don’t think it’s as popular as other sites like indeed and those popular sites I’ve found companies post most of their jobs

nichele thau

November 10th, 2020 ,

They helped with local places hiring that were equal opportunity employers which most places don't help

McKenzie

November 7th, 2020 ,

Love the service Monster provided when searching for a job. thanks for providing a cast array of options.

Jaida Williams

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Monster can sometimes show results for jobs that are not really available by companies. You always have to call and double check. Sometimes when applying through their website, the company does not receive the application.

ISMAIL MUSOSI

October 25th, 2020 Kampala, 102

I was looking for jobs overseas, on browsing at monster, I realized that there were thousands of articles on how I can advance my career coupled to the several options I had. There are several tools I use to advance my job Search on monster. Thank you very much monster for the job listings, career advice, resume help and all the other tools.

Stephen Van Vactet

October 17th, 2020 Denver, CO

I like that I was getting responses back from putting my resume on there even after my resume was a year old I didn't like the user interface I thought that it made it a little too difficult to upload my resume

Roxana Perez

October 9th, 2020 ,

I really like Monster. It is to navigate and always has relevant jobs to my search. I like their articles and handy tips, which I find very helpful. I believe that out of all the search engines Monster will be the one that I find gainful employment that I like.

Andrew Hyde

October 8th, 2020 ,

Monster was very easy to use as far as getting an account setup and getting work history organized. The problem was the job searches were spammed with repeat ads, work from home nonsense, and military recruitment ads. It was not worth spending the time digging through all the mess.

JP

September 14th, 2020 Herriman, UT

Provided a lot of options, and an easy to navigate through what I was trying to find when I was looking for a job.

Tagg

September 13th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Monster is my go to when looking for a job to be able to see openings. They make it easy to upload your resume and apply to multiple jobs quickly.

Kevin Liu

September 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went through the steps of updating my resume and uploading to monster and it was very simple. Their main page is very easy to navigate to look for jobs and post my resume for jobs.

Jolene

September 3rd, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT

Easy to find jobs in the area. Some jobs can be applied for right on the site, making it nice and easy.

Andy Vandros

August 22nd, 2020 Rochester, MN

It use to be one the best job searching companies in the USA. Within past two years or so it offers almost for good leads, too far away or not related. I would imaging it reflects their prices increased for companies searching for employees. But I found no heal for over 2 years.

Jimena Gamboa

August 19th, 2020 La Feria, TX

I like looking for jobs here because it is a platform that is very simple to use. I quickly found jobs in my area and was able to apply hassle free.

Tomas Miranda

August 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL

Monster has always provided very good job options, information and requirements For the position being applied for.

Rosa and Carla Ruiz

August 1st, 2020 Corona, CA

Easy to navigate the page and look for jobs as well looking for candidates, i find this website to be worthy of your time

Vianca Potts

July 22nd, 2020 Hialeah, FL

I found it easy to apply for jobs on this site. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job to use this site.

Tanya A

July 16th, 2020 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great job search platform, but its almost too big! Too many jobs and you never know if they are still available. Saturated with too many applicants; its difficult to compete with so many resumes. But it has everything you need to find a job.

Dianna Carter

July 15th, 2020 Cadiz, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Monster is a good job search website. Very thorough. They are great for matching resumes with job positions available.

Luis Bates

July 15th, 2020 Azusa, CA

Good way to find jobs. Safe and secure. Always updated. To Bad they are not around so much now.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Monster is an exceptional job search online platform. It has so many industries and a variety of skill levels to apply to. They can keep a resume on file to share with potential employers too making this tool very valuable.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Moster is a giant of a job search tool. It houses information on available jobs on its platform and make job searching easier. Many time saving tools help users get better results. I have this tool as a must have job search assistant. It is comprehensive as it is intuitive guiding me to successful job opportunities.

Sarah Russie

January 4th, 2020 Clearfield, UT

Pretty good app. Has a lot of good business training tips and job opportunities. Not quite as many jobs listed as some other sites, though. Still a good app.

Michelle W

December 15th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

Monster floods my email with information that isn't always relevant to my profession. I keep trying to unsubscribe to the email blasts, but for whatever reason I can't get it to stop. Plus, I feel like I can never find jobs that are good fits for me.

Juan

December 10th, 2019 Beaver, PA

I have searched for jobs on monster but never had much luck. It depends what kind of job you are looking for.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Used monster to look for jobs when I finished college and that was the place to find jobs. I found exactly what I was searching for, worked out great.

Nathan D.

December 4th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Monster has a lot of scammy jobs and if you upload your resume you get a lot of calls for low paying or sales positions you wouldn't be interested in.

Todd Homitz

November 27th, 2019 Evans City, PA

Seems like the site that you used to use back in the day to look for jobs. It's still a good site but not the top of the list.

Amanda

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

I've never had much luck with actually having Monster find me a job, only interviews but it is a decent job board site!

Eric Smith

November 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always used Monster in my job searches as they were most up to date and all companies seemed to be using them. Searching was easy and found a job using them.

Tony

November 6th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Monster years ago in looking for a job. Was actually pretty ahead of the curve at the time, though I think the space is now owned by Indeed.

Ponch Thompson

February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Monster in the past, and it has been good for Tech positions, but other competitors have now been offering more of a robust tool.

Cristiana

February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

I had used Monster a few times in the pass, but telling the thru after I started to use Indeed I never used Monster any more. The competitor it is more easy to manager and use.

Brody B

February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the navigation on Monster's website for job search. Its hard to set yourself apart when it comes to job search engines but I feel like Monster is on the better half of services. It seems like many employers use Monster which makes it a great choice for Job Seekers. I would recommend giving Monster a try!

Dasha Directo

January 8th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Monster is good for finding a job, but I don't think every place uses it, so I feel like the job options are a bit limited compared to other job listing websites.

Melissa Carreno

December 19th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

monster in my opinion has taken the back seat to all these other job search tools out there now. Their online website is okay, its just outdated and more inconvenient than most other job searches.

Morgan

December 19th, 2018 Durango, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Monster Resume search is completely worthless, they fail to market themselves in the tech industry and I haven't found one decent candidate on their resumes board in over a year. Would never recommend.

Jorden Laird

December 13th, 2018 Front Royal, VA

I have uploaded a resume and searched for hours, and never had any luck hearing back from companies, and I had to often retype my resume even when I could successfully upload it to the site. I wasted a lot of time on this site

Dee Farquharson

December 8th, 2018 Washington, DC

Very limited. A lot of the positions listed were scam work from home, or seasonal ones. Wasnt very helpfu

Katie Kearney

November 29th, 2018 Vienna, VA

If you ever put in your information, be prepared to be spammed with emails! It's crazy how much they will email you and it's so irrelevant too.

Eric

November 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Sent out some Resumes to places I found on the site but never heard back from anyone. This of course is no fault of Monster.com and I appreciate sites like this that help people connect with employers. The interface was clean and simple.

Lee

October 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

My experience with Monster is not great. The jobs they list are not ones I would consider applying to. Difficult to search job postings.

Karen Anderson

October 17th, 2018 Lindon, UT

I found my medical assisting job through Monster.com. I love my job. The Monster website is very easy to navigate and kept me excited looking for a job.

Shari Evers

September 15th, 2018 Lehi, UT

Being able to put your resume out there is really nice, but every time me or my husband have done that on Monster we always get sales people contacting us. It makes it a little disappointing when you are really trying to find a good job!

Derek Scoville

August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

When I first graduated college, I didn't have a job, and randomly put my resume on Monster. The next day I got called for an interview for a potential job!!

Tualagi

August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Avoid this site! I got call's from random strangers out of state who didn't even speak proper English. I was getting phone call's of jobs i didn't even apply for. It was a joke! Do not sign a contract with them, thats all they care about is the signature and after that it is difficult trying to get a hold of someone.

Reagan Durfey

August 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used monster to find new job listings and got good feed back.

L. T.

August 17th, 2018 Sacramento, CA

This company's hey-day is long gone. Absolutely not a go-to for finding a regular job. Have fun swimming in a bunch of "work from home" nothings.

Anne Starley

July 17th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA

On the job hunt recently and used Monster among other sites daily. They were great at finding relevant positions near me. Recommended!

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 9th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super easy to upload my resume and search for jobs in my area.