Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Christina Bliss

February 20th, 2020 Lehi, UT

Currently looking for a job as we relocated to a new State. I have found Indeed to be a good resource for looking for Job postings. It has great search options and you get quick update on new job listings.

Rebecca

February 19th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is awesome for looking for jobs. They offer great recommendations for places near me.

Poundesk

February 19th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Identify is great for finding jobs in my area or across the country. It gives accurate information and is a great way to search jobs in other states. Highly recommend Indeed if you are ready for a change.

Grace

February 18th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had indeed for a couple day’s now but it’s helped me get a job really fast and easy. I would definitely recommend indeed if you are ever looking for a job

Tiffany I

February 17th, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD

Great way to put yourself out there and keep on top of job openings. Constant notification of potential openings.

Briauna Norton

February 17th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My resumé posted to indeed helped me get the job that I currently have. I was notified of an opening that matched my skill set and within a month I was hired. I have been working here for 1.5 years now. No complaints.

JR Suguturaga

February 17th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has a huge job database and the tools to filter and find jobs that fit your description are top-notch!

Audrey Mitchell

February 13th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed had so many options for jobs, thanks to their up to date information and the advanced search options work fantastic.

Camille

February 8th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to search and use for job hunting. Doesn’t send you annoying updates about job openings.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is my favorite job search tool. It has a wealth of opportunity and is considered a strong asset with any the job hunt. It allows for easy searches and can keep you resume online for more outreach. It is simply on of the easiest, best supported, and well liked job portals out there. It cannot be recommended enough. For stability, privacy, and results, I have used Indeed and have been grateful for its job hunting results.

Angelina Hamilton

February 6th, 2020 Gulfport, MS

I really like how there are so many jobs in one place. I just wish there was a better way to narrow the salaries down.

Lindsay

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Indeed has given me many opportunities and enabled me to see which jobs I specifically was qualified for.

Bryndie

February 4th, 2020 Managua, MN

I’ve used indeed a couple of times for job searching and I’ve been satisfied. They have lots of employers to look at and it’s easy to connect with them. Be prepared for lots of emails though

Tori smith

February 2nd, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed helped me find a job quickly by sending me emails and providing a list of options that were hiring

Darbles32

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been on many different job sights and indeed is the easiest to use and has so many options to help you

Taylee Warner

February 2nd, 2020 Nampa, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has helped me land 2 jobs now! So easy to use. I love it and how their company is set up!

Nancy Paugh

February 1st, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Some of the job openings did not exist, I called the companies. However, more job openings were current as compared to other job site.

Clarissa Crawford

January 31st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great place to find a job. It gives many suggestions and it is very simple to use. It is efficient and helpful when looking for a job.

Bonnie Reese

January 30th, 2020 Killeen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While Indeed does send out regular job notifications, there is something users need to know about! I used the resume service so I could apply from their site with my resume, which I only did 3 times in a one year period because the jobs they sent out were not pertinent. So far, so good. Today I was working on my 2019 taxes and found they charged my credit card every single month for the resume that was only supposed to cost $24.99. So it cost me $251.85 instead! I do not remember anything saying this was an ongoing charge, so be careful ... maybe you should figure out another way to find a job! They don't have a help department. Instead of providing a phone # on the credit card charge they used 999-999-9999. This is a practice that makes them appear very shady and someone needs to address it. I deleted my account today and hope the charges will now end.

Juliann Mecham

January 30th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed is such a useful tool. The purpose of this job search system is such a useful tool to those in need. It works well.

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN

I have used indeed many times but it has never helped me find a job so I’m not sure how great it actually is.

Madelyn

January 16th, 2020 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is the best job site around It allows you to choose what work you are best qualified for... updates are constant. Through out the and night. Allows you to update as much as u want..

Mickey Mangum

January 15th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently set up an indeed account and instantly has access to several jobs in my area. Then qualifications were always listed and I actually received an interview offer though one contact. It works.

Rebecca Harvey

January 12th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

I love indeed for job searches and I also love the build my resume tool! I have had an account with indeed since my first job.

Yanesezah Fenelon

January 10th, 2020 Delray Beach, FL

I use Indeed to find internship and job opportunities in my area. Overall it is helpful for locating opportunities in my area.

Guerothlyn Saint-Jean

January 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

this job board has assisted me in getting positions that I have had for a while.

Diamond Collins

January 10th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a fast and easy way to find a job near you. They notify you when they find a job you do not have to do anything extra.

Danelle

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I got my very first job through indeed and it was a simple and easy process! I love it.

Naya

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like indeed a lot. As a college student it is great to have access to system that can connect me to any job I may choose within the criteria that is most important to me.

Tochica Baptiste

January 7th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed always gets the job done there are many filters to help you find exactly what you are looking for. I have found many jobs through this website.

Kayla

January 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I see the ads of people finding good jobs on indeed however that isn’t the case for me. I haven’t had anyone try to contact me or anything. My account has just been stagnant.

Sarah Russie

January 4th, 2020 Clearfield, UT

Probably the most through job site I've used. Pretty user friendly. I use it first whenever looking for a job.

Jacob

December 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great resource to find information to prepare for job interviews. With thousands of peoples experiences and connections, it is a great preparation and search finding tool.

Michelle W

December 15th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

When I'm looking for a job, Indeed is my go to site. The job search function is so easy, I love the clean site, my messages are stored there from recruiters, and it stores my resume info. Love love love it. OH and the daily emails you can set up to see what jobs are out there to be an early applicant. Def recommend.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Got a new job this year and found it on indeed and got a call the same day I applied and started working shortly after that.

Roberson

December 8th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is quite a useful site when it comes to a job search, they will update you by email almost everyday of new opportunities

Missy Ryan

December 5th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super useful for finding local jobs. Easy to use, easy to search for listings, and easy to apply for jobs.

Nathan D.

December 4th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Indeed is a nice website to list your resume and field offers from employers looking to hire.

Juan

December 4th, 2019 Beaver, PA

I have found a few jobs on here. There are a lot of postings to choose from, but they don't require employers to post hours or salaries i think they should.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed made the experience of finding a job very easy and stress less. The website is very professional!

Todd Homitz

November 27th, 2019 Evans City, PA

Seems to be the go to site for job searching. Mostly reputable companies use this site. We've found some great employees using this site.

Daphne Brown

November 24th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the service and the job postings. It seems to be the best list of jobs in the market. But not sure I am actually getting resumes in front of employers.

Jon Posey

November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a big name but they aren't great. For some reason they hate taking our money and it's been a struggle to get our spend on the same page with them.

Amanda

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Indeed is a good job search website that I have always found useful and informative

Brenda Mertes

November 15th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed makes job searching very easy! I enjoy the feature that allows me to only have to upload my resume once and apply to jobs with one click. Whoever came up with this option was a genius. Indeed is the #1 site I go to for job searches. Also, there is now a assessment feature that makes it easy for employers to see what the skill set for potential employees is before interviews. Excellent all the way around.

Desyree Houston

November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

A very efficient way to look for employment nearby and afar.

Mellissa

November 9th, 2019 Greeneville, TN

Indeed is a super easy way to help find jobs. O filled out an application for my current job almost 4 years ago and I got a call the day after. It changed my life for the better.

Tony

November 6th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not the most visually appealing site, but it's very easy to navigate and seems to have the most relevant postings out there and is widely used.

Eric Smith

November 6th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed had all the up to date job opportunity's and lead to finding a job and getting a call back the same day I applied.

Annabella

October 7th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed gave me many options for jobs, and was very helpful in resume transfer. My only issue with Indeed is that I wish they held employers more accountable for replying to applicants through their app. You could apply to 40 jobs, and not receive a response from the app at all for any of them. They should keep employers accountable for checking their Indeed advertisements.