Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Savi1967 Horshaw

July 29th, 2020 Lansing, IL

I love the way they help you generate your resume and upload it. There are so many jobs available on Indeed. Best job search site had ever been on. I highly recommend this site.

Ajay Patel

July 28th, 2020 Southlake, TX

Very easy to find a position. Uploaded my resume and got several emails the same week. Ended up picking a job that I found on Indeed.

Nena McFarland

July 27th, 2020 Aurora, CO

Submit daily leads on jobs, even multiple job titles, which is great when unemployed.

paul gingell

July 26th, 2020 Frimley, SRY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This job recruitment platform posts different types of jobs online to view and to forward an application.I have used this platform on quite few occassions and found most job details posted by recruitment agencys are inaccurate and not good enough. Overall i have found when applying for a job here it can be a waste of time due to not enough infomation being given by these agencys.

Tina Taylor

July 26th, 2020 Ebensburg, PA

They offer a lot of jobs, sending a lot of emails every day. I am really confident that they will help me find the right one.

An

July 24th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Very good source to search for a job specialy that they update you with emails and notify you that you are qualify for the company or not

Seyan Lucero

July 23rd, 2020 Denver, CO

They post the same jobs as LinkedIn. The interface to find jobs is not as intuitive.

Avidflyfisher16

July 22nd, 2020 Longmont, CO

Indeed sends you job leads according to your criteria and qualifications. It is a great search engine since it pools from other job search engines.

MissHmong95

July 22nd, 2020 Utica, MI

I don't like it too much because it doesn't show any details of the job. Need more details and more information.

Vanessa Sanchez

July 21st, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Indeed is another great resource to help you find a job. I love the filter that it provides to find exactly what you want to do as well as what schedule is best.

Dali

July 18th, 2020 Dallas, TX

I like how Indeed tailors their job search alerts to your needs by using data captured on past applications. Sometimes, I even get interesting notifications on positions I never thought of before but are related.

Dawn East

July 17th, 2020 Tillamook, OR

Indeed is a great way to find new work. I've uploaded my resume to Indeed everytime I need to find new work and also like to use it to find new work!

Sam edge

July 17th, 2020 Lexington, SC

I have been using indeed for three years now and I have gotten hired off of the website about three times now! Want to find a job fast? Go check out indeed!

Tanya A

July 16th, 2020 Long Beach, CA

Indeed is the best job search site out there right now! Its super easy to navigate and they have a lot of great jobs. The employers respond quickly and the mobile is good too.

vanessa loredo

July 16th, 2020 League City, TX

This is my go to website to find a job, I’ve always been contacted so fast and actually been hired on. So easy to use too.

Ben and Cin

July 15th, 2020 Kenilworth, NJ

I utilize Indeed for the bulk of my job searches. It is a free service that provides me with ample job opportunities and as much information about what I am applying for. I love the added feature of taking assessments that boost your profile in certain job searches.

Amir Hussain

July 15th, 2020 New Castle, DE

Indeed helped me find two of my jobs and they both were great experiences and helped me grow

Yeisha

July 15th, 2020 New York, NY

I see a advertisement for indeed constantly. I had to go online to see for myself how good this company might be. It’s a good company. My son obtained a job from site so I definitely like it! I would highly recommend.

chmills1cm

July 14th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

I use this for job searching and then I started getting multiple Spam emails I still to this day get that and I unsubscribed to if they continue to keep sending

Edward Obediah

July 14th, 2020 Katy, TX

timely updates of available jobs, good descriptions of available jobs. provided info needed to make decisions to apply

Victoria Kalyne Bennette

July 13th, 2020 McMinnville, OR

I have used indeed for my job search in the past and I actually got my first job as a delivery driver at Panera bread company via indeed. Very pleased with indeed and what it has to offer. I landed my job within days of uploading my resume and applying for jobs in my area.

Corena

July 12th, 2020 Norcross, GA

Applications filled in this site did not always go through to business had to go back into another site to redo app

Caleb Warren

July 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA

Never been useful to me, I have never found anything remotely useful on indeed, or gotten any job opportunities through indeed

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great. I can find jobs really quickly and with no fuss. Easy to navigate.

Kogan Powell

March 18th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

This site is fantastic. I don't know how they work their magic, but it's super streamlined. I've actually had to turn down several job offers because I had so many as soon as I set status as "actively searching". The job I have now was a result of Indeed.

Haley Nemmers

March 16th, 2020 Boulder, CO

Indeed was a great way to get access to multiple employers at once. It was also nice to be able to apply for jobs through the website as well.

Emily Norton

March 11th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

I used indeed to find my last job. It’s very convenient to not have to drive around to businesses to see who is hiring. Indeed sent me notifications when there were new jobs or if a job fit my resume so I could apply quickly. The app is easy to navigate as well.

Theodore Niemann

March 11th, 2020 Boulder, CO

I love being able to apply for summer jobs on Indeed.com. It makes my life so much easier and makes it extremely easy to find places to work temporarily.

Karen Torino

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed helped my find a new job in a new city. There is no complaint about indeed since it shows me everything I am looking for. For the most part, the descriptions provide me with all the information I need. I always go on indeed when I look for jobs.

Myken

March 10th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i Helped my 16 yr. old daughter set up an account with Indeed to assist her in finding a job! The website is easy to use and set her and I emails daily on local Companies hiring! She was able to find a job quickly thanks to Indeed!

Jadon Barre

March 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is very reliable. The site is easy to navigate. Indeed is how I got my first job at Smoothie King

Luis Diaz

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a job for so long and then a friend of mine recommended indeed. I downloaded it and I found my current job there. I couldn’t thank indeed enough for helping me out.

Eric Gagnard

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX

One of the bigger job posting applications. Super simple to navigate and apply to Many job

Jakob barre

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Helped me find 2 jobs in the past that I loved. Helped me put my resume out to many businesses very quickly. Highly recommended for those in the market for a job.

Trey Farner

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I got my first truck, the first thing I did was look for a job and my dad recommended indeed to me. It really was the best thing that I could have done cause I had two interviews within a week. It was also super easy for me to navigate around the website.

Alexa Pitre

March 7th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA

Indeed is a very well used online job board that a lot of good employers post on. 10/10 would recommend.

Tiffany Baines

March 6th, 2020 Akron, OH

Effective for finding jobs that are hiring. But send you way too many options that aren't even an option for me having filled out info for them to firm some profile or experience in jobs and what I'm looking for. Sick if getting all the e mails about jobs that don't apply to be at all

Ellie

March 6th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This site pulled up everything I wanted to see and got me lots of interviews and eventually a job! Super helpful and makes job searches so much easier

Rocio Diaz

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has access to thousands of job postings in the area that are in the industry of work you are looking for. Easy to use and contact employers.

Janie Dennis

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I like this tool because it helps people search for jobs since that is already frustrating to do so. It is a stressful process and this makes it easier. I know it has helped me when I was searching for a job.

Erin Glendening

March 4th, 2020 Pearl River, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is pretty good from a job seekers perspective. But for the employers standpoint it’s pretty frustrating to use because you have to pay to keep an job ad up.

Mike Ika

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great for finding jobs. There are lots of employers offering jobs on their website and Indeed is very easy to navigate. Indeed makes applying for a job very easy.

Dwhoush

February 27th, 2020 Theodore, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great. It’s easy to use and there isn’t a lot of Junk posts on there. I was able to apply easily for jobs. My current job, we use indeed to hire people all the time. The user portal is very friendly and very easily organizes everything for you.

Tj Black

February 23rd, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed was great when I was unemployed , there emails kept me up to date and in the know of it all. Thanks to indeed I am happily Employed.

Shauna Horne

February 23rd, 2020 American Fork, UT

We used Indeed this summer when my son was searching for a job. We liked its search features and he was able to save his resume and then send it with different job postings. We also get a daily email with job fitting his criteria which is helpful.

Adria

February 22nd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

W typically use indeed four out recruiting and seems to e one of the largest places we find applicants

JDWain

February 22nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great plce to start when you are job searching I have gotten a few jobs from Indeed and you always know exactly what the employers are looking for in a candidate

Kilee Wagner

February 22nd, 2020 Bountiful, UT

Can always find professional jobs on this site. Love that they email you good matches that are accurate.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has been a godsend with its useful job searches. So many options to choose from gets great search results that help me choose and apply for the right job opportunities.

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed helps me find tons of available jobs near me and gives me great resources.