Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Brittany Alshawy

October 9th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a pretty good site, but a bit costly for the paid portion. And the free portion is insufficient. But it does come up with results. Plenty of them. I think it's expensive for what you get; but in a bind it does work.

Roxana Perez

October 9th, 2020 ,

Indeed is my to-go job search engine. The platform is easy to use and there are always relevant jobs on my feed. I particularly like the companies' reviews, which allow me to have a deeper understanding of the organization and job I am applying for.

Andrew Hyde

October 8th, 2020 ,

I like to use Indeed in conjunction with other job site. I do appreciate the option to filter by salary which is helpful in sorting through all the job postings.

Sebastian Garcia

October 7th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Indeed is a very good opportunity to network with certain individuals and companies. I believe it is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

CAHomeOwner

October 6th, 2020 Clovis, CA

I have submitted applications through this website in the past. Have had a few email requests directing me to apply again to the company hiring. But no real luck with anything anyone was hiring for.

Kayla

October 6th, 2020 Sacramento, CA

Indeed is so quick and easy to apply and get in contact with hiring companies. They lay everything out so simple for you. After filling out your resume, applying for a job is as easy as a click of a button! :)

Curtis Green

October 2nd, 2020 ,

Quick response daily updates on jobs .and up coming jobs on a daily basis.and out of state jobs

Jessica Sterling

September 28th, 2020 Killeen, TX

If you are in the job market Indeed is your best friend. I have found all of my employments through Indeed. I am a military spouse so I move jobs pretty often. They have a great tool where you can reference back to all of the jobs applied and can move them once you are in the interview phase and if you accepted the job. I wouldn't go anywhere else but Indeed when looking for employment.

Doris Aguirre

September 28th, 2020 ,

Indeed is extremely helpful when you have no idea where to start a job — to offering the jobs you specifically were looking for. They give all the details you need to know about the job itself. They tell you everything you need to know. GREAT WEBSITE

Katty Vasquez

September 23rd, 2020 The Bronx, NY

I have had great interviews that have resulted in jobs with indeed recommend to anyone looking to be hired right away

odessa wright

September 23rd, 2020 Lufkin, TX

I think the application is fairly easy to use, but sometimes it won't let one put all of the information that an employer needs to know.

Michelle SM.

September 23rd, 2020 Cedartown, GA

Great website to use when searching for out of state job. Very reliable for long distant job.

Matters

September 23rd, 2020 Norfolk, VA

I applied to a bunch of jobs through Indeed and never heard from any of the hiring companies. Maybe my resume was not that good at the time, but it felt like it was not very personable.

Robert Zayas

September 21st, 2020 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful and the most important is that they are not spam moguls. The service is accurate and friendly.

boscoe16

September 20th, 2020 Ladson, SC

Very easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. Specifies nicely. Very good overall.

Lexii H

September 16th, 2020 Hammond, IN

I have received a few job offers from indeed. Super easy to use. It is really nice that they put your resume in the correct format.

connie chindlund

September 15th, 2020 Aurora, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very pleased with indeed they had several differnt jobs in my field on a daily basis.

Robert Okray

September 15th, 2020 Orlando, FL

Lots of Jobs on indeed.com, very informative on lots of things associated with the job.

Esmeralda C

September 14th, 2020 Sylmar, CA

I found my current job that i have been at for a few years through Indeed. It helped me set up and upload my resume and best of all it would allow other companies to view and reach out if they saw my potential for their company.

JP

September 14th, 2020 Herriman, UT

Very easy to use and navigate through while searching for a job. Lots of opportunities available.

Suravi Chakraborty

September 13th, 2020 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

End it is really good for any type of job in the market. But company response doesn’t come as fast as other companies

jo

September 12th, 2020 Littlestown, PA

The auto-selection that Indeed does - ie: they send jobs according to what your search interest has been - helped me narrow down where I wanted to really work. But in that meantime, I was able to hone my interviewing and resume/cover letter skills. I got a job that I am thrilled to get!

Imdone

September 10th, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is my favorite job board, both for job searches and candidate searches. Their site is user friendly and they're always working to make it better.

Ashley Ulibarri

September 10th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is definitely one of my favorite places to look for new opportunities. I love the search options and the overall ease and simplicity of using their site. I love that with indeed I don’t have to go to 5 other job searching sites, indeed brings everything to one place.

Patrick Curry

September 9th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

Great site that help me get good leads and a great job. Helped me with my resume and received great job suggestions.

Patty

September 5th, 2020 Spring Hill, FL

Not a good job search engine. I applied for a job that never received my application. Most other jobs were no longer available yet they kept sending emails about the same jobs

Kevin Liu

September 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has been a good source to list positions that is easy to use and inexpensive. I like the notifications that come in when I have job searches saved.

Danielle LeCheminant

September 3rd, 2020 Lehi, UT

I've used Indeed to look for jobs when we were about to move. I like the ease of their search app.

Jolene

September 3rd, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT

So many jobs are posted here, making it nice and easy to find what jobs that I am looking for. A lot of jobs can be applied for right online too!

Jasmine

September 2nd, 2020 Clarkston, GA

My experience with Indeed has been nothing but AMAZING! The staff is super helpful with explaining differences between all options with jobs. If you have any questions they explain everything & make sure you understand and are aware of how their program works! My byte advisor Nadia was AMAZING & so friendly

Scott A. Johnson

September 2nd, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT

This is among the best places to search for a job. They aggregate from other job sites to give you the ability to search multiple sites at once. The salary ranges the site provides is helpful as well.

Brandi Wilhoit

September 1st, 2020 Fairfax, VA

I have been in the job search category for awhile now and indeed is AMAZING!! They will only match you for the job your qualified for . So when you turn in a application or resume your not embarrassed or rejected by your qualifications.

Sherri Love

September 1st, 2020 Chandler, AZ

A lot of the jobs they post seem to be outdated, a lot of them have already been filled by the time they post.

Amanda Vangeli

September 1st, 2020 Denver, CO

Resources are plenty, but interface could use work. A list of jobs I've applied to would be helpful, instead of only being able to manually save jobs you're interested in.

Dalila C.

August 29th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

This website is what I have used the most when looking for a job. I always find a lot of job opportunities. I like that employers are able to provide a lot of information a bout the open position they are looking to fill. This website is easy to use and typically the positions do have a lot of information in the description. I like the alerts for new jobs this site sends out.

Asher Pappas

August 27th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

indeed is by far the best job search app. There's so many filter and search options that you will always find what you're looking for

Lucy Salinas

August 21st, 2020 Weslaco, TX

I really like indeed it is very easy to use and they even email you every time there’s a job alert that fits your needs. I was able to find a contract job that I really like. Thank you Indeed!!

HardRock65

August 20th, 2020 Stockton, CA

I have two jobs thanks to indeed . My resume has been on the site for a couple years now and the response from employers is phenomenal.

Kathleen Benn

August 20th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

Indeed is really good at matching job openings to my skill set. I have run across other search sites that frequently returned openings I was clearly not qualified for. Looking for a job isn't the time to be wasting efforts.

Marlon

August 13th, 2020 Florissant, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love this company and you have lots of great companies to choose from and they respond quickly.

Lynn

August 12th, 2020 , CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I find Indeed very helpful. Thanks for not charging us profile fee and yet keeping the quality of the offers.

Flymom

August 12th, 2020 Charlotte, NC

I found Indeed to be the most helpful and authentic in my job searches in the past. Too many other companies kept sending job alerts for jobs that either didn’t seem real or were no longer available. Indeed was definitely a trustworthy source. The jobs sent to me were always within the filters of what I was searching for.

Richard So

August 11th, 2020 Woodland, CA

easy to navigate and job search functions! email job searches and up to date job listings!

Pamela Lin Taylor

August 10th, 2020 Ogden, UT

I have used Indeed when submitting resumes. The quality of employers is a step above every other resume company out there.

Butch Payton

August 9th, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service for job hunting! Great source of prospective employment! Always lots to apply to!

Ese Agboh

August 5th, 2020 Duarte, CA

It’s really hard to find a reliable company to work for with Indeed. They don’t seem to vet companies that well and they often recommend jobs to me that I’m in no way qualified for.

Patricia

August 5th, 2020 Newport, TN

I always use this site to find merchandising job openings in my area. I love it. So quick and easy to use. I have recommended this sight to alot of people and they too have found jobs. Very good site !!!!

Rosa and Carla Ruiz

August 1st, 2020 Corona, CA

At first i was hesitant in using this website but i tried it and found it very useful friendly, i definitely will be using them for my needs.

Kayla Dison

July 30th, 2020 Birmingham, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best/most used job site in my opinion. I seem to have the most luck finding applications on this site and it seems to be where most the applications come from in the last year or so

Nicole Balvanz

July 30th, 2020 Iowa Falls, IA

I used Indeed to find my current job. They are really great about getting new jobs posted in my area in a timely manner.