Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

topaztije

November 6th, 2020 ,

I have found my last 3 jobs on indeed. I am not having as much luck right now due to the pandemic, but at least the alerts are fairly relevant.

Nicole Anderson

November 6th, 2020 Logan, UT

I love using this platform to hire new people at work. It is a great way to get the word out and will show employers the applicants' information in an organized manner.

Abby

November 5th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

My husband and I have both used indeed for career opportunities many times. Indeed is easy to use and navigate making it my choice for job searching.

Tracey Pitre

November 5th, 2020 Hazelwood, MO

I really like the site it has plenty of jobs and they actually send you e-mails of different jobs you may be interested in.

Christian Parry

November 5th, 2020 Logan, UT

It’s easy enough to use, but lacks some things that LinkedIn has that make LinkedIn way better. It’s hard to create specific search criteria, at least it was for me. Overall it isn’t bad, just not as good as LinkedIn.

Maverick Denhalter

November 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

I think indeed is one of the best job finding places out there. They seem to be popular among employers. Very easy to search.

Ryan Harpenau

November 4th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

Indeed always has plenty of jobs available to apply to and makes it a quick and easy process. However, I feel like employers see that someone who applies through indeed is applying to many other jobs which they may find unattractive.

Jessica Stottern

November 4th, 2020 Logan, UT

The website has a great selection of current jobs. The site is easy to navigate and gives you options on jobs that fit your profile.

Tiffany Vollmer

November 4th, 2020 Midvale, UT

Indeed it's a great source when hunting for a new job. I did get a bit overwhelmed with all of the correspondence I received from them after working at a new job. Every once in awhile I still get emails.

Olivia Davis

November 4th, 2020 Providence, UT

Indeed was super helpful when I was looking for a job! It was super convenient that is showed jobs that were to where I lived!

Joy Jitomo

November 3rd, 2020 Peachtree City, GA

Indeed had helped me with my job search this past year. I Landed a good paying job through listing from Indeed that they post regularly. Such an awesome job search engine!

Garrett Landreth

November 3rd, 2020 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing. They, help you build a resume, they customize job searches and email available jobs. Employers, can contact you directly, if you choose. You, can add all jobs skills, etc. Really, makes you stand out in your field.

Melinda Taylor

October 30th, 2020 Falls Church, VA

Best way to find a job Easy to look at who is looking at you Just update your resume and wait

Jaida Williams

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Indeed is my favorite job searching website. They are also extremely reliable. I got my first job through indeed. The fact you can apply through their website it a plus too!

Jaii Nevaa

October 29th, 2020 Shakopee, MN

I’ve been using indeed for about two years now and it’s gotta be they jobs I was looking for. The filters are wonderful and very useful. I was also able to create my resume on there so that was a plus!

Phabie

October 29th, 2020 Mobile, AL

The layout of the site is great and it is easy to find job openings. Would be better if it gave the status of applications once it is sent.

Pekeiydra Williams

October 28th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Indeed always keep me up to date on job positions open in my area. I love how when I apply indeed already has my resume and other info saved which makes the applying process so much easier.

Lizzy Puentes

October 28th, 2020 Abingdon, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is such a great resources for finding jobs. The website and app is easy to navigate with filters to specify wha type of job you are searching for. Each job has a job description and some have the option to apply right on the indeed page.

Jada Guzman

October 27th, 2020 Tampa, FL

Very easy and fast to apply! Sometimes the job listings can be outdated. So they need to start updating their site more often.

Ninety Expert

October 27th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Speaking from personal experience. Nice way to get a job quickly and efficiently

ISMAIL MUSOSI

October 25th, 2020 Kampala, 102

In the very beginning when I was making my career choices in 2014, I visited indeed.com and to my surprise, I found that our industry, the I.T industry had millions of jobs. To be honest, I was able to choose from several jobs. In order to prepare for my applications, I read the job descriptions word for word and also noticed that indeed.com had career advice, salary info and so much more I could use to get the job. I could also apply to part of the team at indeed. Thank you indeed, indeed.com

nicholas james vanderhoof

October 21st, 2020 Plattsburgh, NY

it seemed easy to use. I dont believe i got employment from it. But the platform was html. decent.

Kevin Malone

October 20th, 2020 Washington, DC

What is the point of having this website when there are not enough jobs posted on it? They market themselves well but I have yet to see a job that I went looking for in Indeed.

Michael Rizzo

October 20th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA

Another job and career search I use to see competitors and salary wages. Given ability to see what availability is across the nation in jobs

Wendy

October 20th, 2020 Park City, UT

Indeed is the place to go when looking for a job. It's easy to use and has a long list of jobs to look into.

Anne

October 19th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Great place to find a job. I found my first job because of Indeed. There is such a range of jobs from here. There is something for everyone.

Natalie Gatten

October 19th, 2020 Columbia, MO

Indeed is a great place to look for a job, but when you type in keywords or a specific job it often times pulls up other jobs that are unrelated.

Mallory Evans

October 18th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have found a few jobs through this site. It is very organized, and easy to navigate though when applying to multiple positions at once. They layout all the information at once, and update you with more information from the employers as it comes.

Stephen Van Vactet

October 17th, 2020 Denver, CO

The interface was very user-friendly but ask lots of questions help me get to where I needed to get lots of jobs

Mark McKeown

October 16th, 2020 Raleigh, NC

I have not found them to be very selective in what they send you. And continue to receive even after you request to stop

Summer Veillon

October 15th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA

We trust Indeed for all our employment needs. The return on employment has been great and fast!

Penelope R Smith

October 15th, 2020 Fairborn, OH

Great platform for finding a job. Easy to navigate and in site tests really accentuate your resume.

Rob321x

October 14th, 2020 North Tonawanda, NY

Indeed is a very easy to use and very helpful site. I use it all the time and it’s grey

Michelle Alagna

October 11th, 2020 Glendale, AZ

Indeed is a great site to find job opportunities in my field. And it’s easy to use! It’s my go to place to see what’s out there!

Daren Jones

October 11th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

Indeed is really good at connecting job seekers with employers. I have found that when I’ve power jobs on Indeed, it has been easy to organize and select potential candidates for a cal back.

Sarah Crowther

October 9th, 2020 Draper, UT

As an executive secretary I often posted job listings through Indeed. Within a day, I had dozens of qualified candidates and was able to hire.

Brittany Alshawy

October 9th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a pretty good site, but a bit costly for the paid portion. And the free portion is insufficient. But it does come up with results. Plenty of them. I think it's expensive for what you get; but in a bind it does work.

Roxana Perez

October 9th, 2020 ,

Indeed is my to-go job search engine. The platform is easy to use and there are always relevant jobs on my feed. I particularly like the companies' reviews, which allow me to have a deeper understanding of the organization and job I am applying for.

Andrew Hyde

October 8th, 2020 ,

I like to use Indeed in conjunction with other job site. I do appreciate the option to filter by salary which is helpful in sorting through all the job postings.

Sebastian Garcia

October 7th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Indeed is a very good opportunity to network with certain individuals and companies. I believe it is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

CAHomeOwner

October 6th, 2020 Clovis, CA

I have submitted applications through this website in the past. Have had a few email requests directing me to apply again to the company hiring. But no real luck with anything anyone was hiring for.

Kayla

October 6th, 2020 Sacramento, CA

Indeed is so quick and easy to apply and get in contact with hiring companies. They lay everything out so simple for you. After filling out your resume, applying for a job is as easy as a click of a button! :)

Curtis Green

October 2nd, 2020 ,

Quick response daily updates on jobs .and up coming jobs on a daily basis.and out of state jobs

Jessica Sterling

September 28th, 2020 Killeen, TX

If you are in the job market Indeed is your best friend. I have found all of my employments through Indeed. I am a military spouse so I move jobs pretty often. They have a great tool where you can reference back to all of the jobs applied and can move them once you are in the interview phase and if you accepted the job. I wouldn't go anywhere else but Indeed when looking for employment.

Doris Aguirre

September 28th, 2020 ,

Indeed is extremely helpful when you have no idea where to start a job — to offering the jobs you specifically were looking for. They give all the details you need to know about the job itself. They tell you everything you need to know. GREAT WEBSITE

Katty Vasquez

September 23rd, 2020 The Bronx, NY

I have had great interviews that have resulted in jobs with indeed recommend to anyone looking to be hired right away

odessa wright

September 23rd, 2020 Lufkin, TX

I think the application is fairly easy to use, but sometimes it won't let one put all of the information that an employer needs to know.

Michelle SM.

September 23rd, 2020 Cedartown, GA

Great website to use when searching for out of state job. Very reliable for long distant job.

Matters

September 23rd, 2020 Norfolk, VA

I applied to a bunch of jobs through Indeed and never heard from any of the hiring companies. Maybe my resume was not that good at the time, but it felt like it was not very personable.

Robert Zayas

September 21st, 2020 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful and the most important is that they are not spam moguls. The service is accurate and friendly.