Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Indeed

Indeed Logo

Indeed

Huge database, Accurate search results

Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Darius Williams
December 13th, 2018 Alexandria, VA

Very good site to help on job searches. A lot of jobs to choose from

Matthew Carbaugh
December 10th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Used Indeed when job searching and didnt find many ideal positions. They also spam your email once you sign up.

Mildred Carter
December 10th, 2018 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

When I had to desperately find a job, Indeed was there. It was easy to upload my resume, and search for job listings around me. They even offered suggestions and even now send me them.

Jami Schmieding
December 10th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I have used indeed multiple times. It is user friendly and easy to search for jobs you need. Also it makes apply for the jobs very simple because your information is already uploaded on their website

Dee Farquharson
December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

Applying to positions is a breeze, as is making an account. I did have to filter out the emails because I was getting way too many that were completely unrelated to the fields I was applying in. I don;t believe there is a premium version, but that may enrich the experience as far as the positions that are listed You are also able to review companies, which can be helpful to folks looking for employment as well.

HLG
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

One of the best job boards for professionals. Really like the filtering options. This is my preferred job board.

Grant
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love using indeed for job searches. I have used the e-mail sign up option, so when a new listing becomes available in my area, the e-mail notification is so helpful.

Melissa Carreno
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

i like indeed, i think it could be targeting older people in the work force, but is an easy tool to use to get your resume online.

Spencer Scoville
December 3rd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Super simple to use and helped me find my current job. It is annoying as heck though to get rid of the constant emails asking if you need a job.

Katie Kearney
December 3rd, 2018 Vienna, VA

I think Indeed is pretty good. They give you a lot of relevant jobs and their email alerts come in moderation so I don't feel spammed. It is really easy to search and navigate through the site. I would recommend them.

Jeffrey Salas
November 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

This has been the best prospect finding website that we have ever used. extremely satisfied. Virtually our entire team were discovered on Indeed. Quality candidates are going through Indeed and that's what our company needs.

Eric
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Another site that importunately did not bear any fruit. Not the sites fault of course. The site was easy to navigate and seemed pretty organized.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

I have used indeed for quite some time. I have found 3 jobs off of the site and received many interviews through the site. it is easy to use and search.

Matt Hanzel
November 6th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

Tried to use the service for my recent extensive job search with very little success. Found the categories and the taxonomy of the site difficult to follow. Wound up using LinkedIn jobs and had much better results

Mitch Krull
November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Site is a bit old looking, but good jobs and a decent selection too. Would use again.

Rachel B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

I was able to plug in my interests of future employment as well as my resume and I have received a lot of offers.

Jill B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Easy to use, they always send me job offers through my email. Reliable and very informative.

Angela Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS

Great way to find jobs! I have actually found a few jobs on this site. This site is set up in a way that allows the employer to provide adequate information about what they are looking for in an employe.

Abigail scoville
November 2nd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Actually so helpful when I was looking for a job. The site and app are set up in a way that allows you to scroll through and apply quite easily to any job in your area.

Angela Nelson
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Indeed for job searches! I have helped numerous people with career issues and job searches and I always turn to Indeed. Easy to search for and save jobs, it makes searching simple.

Kristen Schow
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have found multiple jobs through here!!! So great! It's easy to use and I love being about to get daily emails!

Cheyenne
October 16th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Indeed helped me find a job so fast and easy. they make it soo simple to upload your resume and even narrow your job search to find something that you like!

Amber
September 20th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

I recently put my resume on Indeed. I have liked how it gives me job suggestions based on what my resume says. I also like that so many companies post their job openings on Indeed. It makes the searching so much easier.

POLYANA LAVAKI
September 14th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is my go to place when I am job hunting. They are very up to date in posting jobs and everytime i apply through them they call me right away. Which means they are very efficient in getting applications in.

wanda
August 30th, 2018 Saint George, UT

i applied for jobs on Indeed and within a few days i already had interviews set up. i like that they send you a copy of the jobs i submitted to in my email. Indeed is very easy to use with all the information you need.

Robin
August 29th, 2018 Orem, UT

i like them. its Free to the public. easy to search for specific jobs you are looking for instead of going through the entire list of jobs. easy to upload a resume. simple to apply for jobs. definitely have told my friends about Indeed.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

easy site when your looking for a job. you enter your state/zip code and title of specific job you are interested in and it then pulls up a list. You just click the link and each job lists Qualifications, Requirements, Salary, Hours, etc.., You upload your resume and submit. Very simple and easy.

Douglas Larson
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm interviewing with two potential jobs thanks to them! Indeed keeps me posted every day about jobs in the categories I choose. While I haven't used their services as an employer, as one who is searching for a job, they have been great.

Rashida Laumatia
August 28th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Love using Indeed. It’s easy and has so many job listings. I love that you are able to search in different areas. Very helpful when we moved states. I was able to see what was available and have three interviews by the time we moved.

Mali
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

very easy to use. you only need to upload your resume once when you create an account and click a button to submit your application. Very simple and user friendly.

Aiga
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

it use to be really good tool for job searching. i have noticed that they have repeated job listings over and over. i do not see any updates or new job postings. i have received a few calls regarding my resume but not as many as i would have liked.

Jr
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

website is easy to access and read with all the information you are looking for. easy to search and navigate. i like that you can upload your resume once and it stays in your profile. simple and easy.

NT
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Indeed makes it so easy to search for jobs and build a resume. Site is easy to navigate has all the details and information i am interested in.

Kris
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

i have used indeed.com to look for jobs in my area. They list jobs according to cities for part and full time needs. I would highly recommend this to anyone old or young looking for a new job.

Spencer Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

I was recently looking for a job, and used Indeed. I liked the fact that they did provide me with many job openings and it very simple and easy to apply for those jobs. I was not a huge fan of the emails I keep receiving from them even after I found a job. It has been very difficult trying to get them to stop sending me emails.

Katie Young
August 20th, 2018 Charlottesville, VA

I love Indeed and have always gone there first when I'm looking for a job. It is easy to submit your resume, easy to change the job specifications, and just all around easy to use.

Haidyn Houtz
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I found my current job through indeed! I love the app it is so simple to use and it is absolutely free!

Tanner Hales
July 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

By far the best job search site out there. I have always had the best luck with indeed. In my opinion, more companies use indeed than any other. The search and filter features make it easy to narrow down what jobs are the best fit for me. Very easy to use, and definitely my favorite.

Sara Jane
July 17th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

Really the best bang for your buck in posting job openings. Compatible with the new Google Jobs interface.

Rob Whipple
July 17th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

We have used Indeed to find new staff for several years. Much better quality of candidates than through some other sources. Easy to use and reasonably priced.