Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Nicole LeBaron
May 31st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I really liked indeed. The website is really easy to use and to find jobs. I was able to find my last job through Indeed because it constantly updates it’s website. Highly recommend!

Abby Driggs
April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT

Website well organized and each job description was pretty concise. But I didn’t feel that the job descriptions were consistent. Some were really long included too much detail. I think for something like this bullet points would be helpful when describing job requirements.

S Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I like all the features available for easy navigation and the ability to upload and submit resume's and other pertinent info for employers

Lori Fletcher
February 13th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

Indeed is a great platform but the emails they send out are never updates and jobs are always out of date.

Kilee De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Indeed is so easy to use. It also tailors the job searches to you so it helps you find exactly what you want.

Jonas De Olveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I find indeed to be the best tool for a job search. There are always a lot of listings on the site. Recruiters use it often. I have received multiple calls from recruiters when showing interest in a job.

Jen Paxman
February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I used the Indeed website to find both my husband and myself our most recent jobs. The website is easy to navigate and easy to specify the type of job you are looking for. We were able to quickly find jobs that we were qualified for, but that were also within our desired pay scale and location. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking for a job.

Ponch Thompson
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

I love Indeed. It is solid, thorough, and timely. When I use it, the data appears to be accurate

Jordan
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT

I’ve found my last 2 jobs from searching on indeed. It’s very simple to use, and I’ve appreciated finding jobs through this company.

Jenny
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT

When my daughter was looking for a job, Indeed was the place where I was able to find more jobs than anywhere else.

James Larson
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Indeed as a potential employee searching for a job. They are good about updating me with new possible jobs, but the application process can sometimes be cumbersome.

Cristiana
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT

Indeed is a wonderful tool research for people that is looking for jobs. I got my current job and my former job thought indeed. I never paid for the service and I always got a great customer services.

club 801
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I used the indeed search engine to apply for the job I am currently working at. It was super easy to use and I sent my resume easy and fast to all of the jobs I was interested in.

Tracey Hazel
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

Indeed is a great source when job hunting! It’s how I found my current job! It has great amounts of information and the notifications are awesome.

David M Rose
February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have applied to many jobs through Indeed. The platform makes it easy to find jobs that are interesting and a good match for my skill set. I like that they tell me how long a job has been posted so I know if it's a recent posting.

Lauren Jorgensen
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love indeed. It's the first place I go when looking for a job. I like that It will email me with job suggestions I may or may not have seen. I found my current job on indeed and It make applying so easy!

Evelyn Chidester
February 5th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Indeed is very helpful when looking for employment. You can easily download your resume and narrow your searches down to specific places and job interests. I've also used this site to help friends find employment as well

Jeff Blackett
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

While using Indeed I wasn't very impressed with their service. I felt like they didn't have that one thing to set them apart from other Job Search services. If you are someone that simply wants to look for available jobs and not "dig into" information then it might be a good fit. Otherwise I would start my job search elsewhere.

Virginia Rosenthal
January 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

In my job I help individuals find employment. Indeed is my #1 choice for job board. It is easy to use and to submit job applications through the site.

Savanna
January 31st, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

This is how I found my last 2 jobs. Easy to navigate and connects you with great jobs fast!

Shaylee
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

Indeed is a very effective way to find jobs. I have applied for over 15 jobs using this application and had about 7 job interviews. It is very easy to create your indeed resume and you can upload a cover letter or any other attachments if desired. It is extremely easy to use and nice because you can submit your resume directly through the application/website. I also have had very quick responses from employers.

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I used indeed for my job search and they showed me that no job is impossible to get. All jobs are easily accessible with indeed and free to search.

Savanna Caver
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

Indeed makes finding a job so easy! Not only when searching but Indeed also sends you jobs through email that match your skills.

Madalyn Johnson
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

When looking for a job Indeed is my go-to place. I feel i am always able to refine my search to find just what i am looking for.

Brinley Knowles
December 20th, 2018 Smithfield, UT

Indeed makes it super easy to find a well decent job at the click of your fingers. I was able to get a great job through this website and am still working there to this day. It makes finding a job easy, what more could you ask for?

Magaly De Avila
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT

The website makes it super easy to find jobs for what you're specifically looking for. Great search tool

Dasha Directo
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Indeed is my go to site for looking for jobs. I think it's one of the more trustworthy sites for jobs. Most companies use indeed for job postings too. the actual website could look better though.

Darius Williams
December 13th, 2018 Alexandria, VA

Very good site to help on job searches. A lot of jobs to choose from

Matthew Carbaugh
December 10th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Used Indeed when job searching and didnt find many ideal positions. They also spam your email once you sign up.

Mildred Carter
December 10th, 2018 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

When I had to desperately find a job, Indeed was there. It was easy to upload my resume, and search for job listings around me. They even offered suggestions and even now send me them.

Jami Schmieding
December 10th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I have used indeed multiple times. It is user friendly and easy to search for jobs you need. Also it makes apply for the jobs very simple because your information is already uploaded on their website

Dee Farquharson
December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

Applying to positions is a breeze, as is making an account. I did have to filter out the emails because I was getting way too many that were completely unrelated to the fields I was applying in. I don;t believe there is a premium version, but that may enrich the experience as far as the positions that are listed You are also able to review companies, which can be helpful to folks looking for employment as well.

HLG
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

One of the best job boards for professionals. Really like the filtering options. This is my preferred job board.

Grant
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love using indeed for job searches. I have used the e-mail sign up option, so when a new listing becomes available in my area, the e-mail notification is so helpful.

Melissa Carreno
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

i like indeed, i think it could be targeting older people in the work force, but is an easy tool to use to get your resume online.

Spencer Scoville
December 3rd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Super simple to use and helped me find my current job. It is annoying as heck though to get rid of the constant emails asking if you need a job.

Katie Kearney
December 3rd, 2018 Vienna, VA

I think Indeed is pretty good. They give you a lot of relevant jobs and their email alerts come in moderation so I don't feel spammed. It is really easy to search and navigate through the site. I would recommend them.

Jeffrey Salas
November 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

This has been the best prospect finding website that we have ever used. extremely satisfied. Virtually our entire team were discovered on Indeed. Quality candidates are going through Indeed and that's what our company needs.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

I have used indeed for quite some time. I have found 3 jobs off of the site and received many interviews through the site. it is easy to use and search.

Eric
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Another site that importunately did not bear any fruit. Not the sites fault of course. The site was easy to navigate and seemed pretty organized.

Matt Hanzel
November 6th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

Tried to use the service for my recent extensive job search with very little success. Found the categories and the taxonomy of the site difficult to follow. Wound up using LinkedIn jobs and had much better results

Angela Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS

Great way to find jobs! I have actually found a few jobs on this site. This site is set up in a way that allows the employer to provide adequate information about what they are looking for in an employe.

Rachel B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

I was able to plug in my interests of future employment as well as my resume and I have received a lot of offers.

Jill B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Easy to use, they always send me job offers through my email. Reliable and very informative.

Mitch Krull
November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Site is a bit old looking, but good jobs and a decent selection too. Would use again.

Abigail scoville
November 2nd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Actually so helpful when I was looking for a job. The site and app are set up in a way that allows you to scroll through and apply quite easily to any job in your area.

Kristen Schow
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have found multiple jobs through here!!! So great! It's easy to use and I love being about to get daily emails!

Angela Nelson
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Indeed for job searches! I have helped numerous people with career issues and job searches and I always turn to Indeed. Easy to search for and save jobs, it makes searching simple.

Cheyenne
October 16th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Indeed helped me find a job so fast and easy. they make it soo simple to upload your resume and even narrow your job search to find something that you like!

Amber
September 20th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

I recently put my resume on Indeed. I have liked how it gives me job suggestions based on what my resume says. I also like that so many companies post their job openings on Indeed. It makes the searching so much easier.