Indeed Logo

7.3

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022
Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right
Glassdoor Logo
#4 Glassdoor chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range
Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed. Post a job for free
  • Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account
Sponsor jobs for $5+/day
  • Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts
For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.
Reach
180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.
Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience
Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials
Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Customer Support
Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Laurel Dalton Riverton, UT

Indeed has been amazing at sending me updated job listings! Even after months of creating a profile, I still receive emails with new job suggestions based off of my work experience. Indeed makes it so easy for anyone to find employment.

Shopman Herriman, UT

Indeed made finding the right job easy. I was able to limit the jobs I saw to ones that had the days and hours I wanted. They sent me emails with new jobs that fit what I was looking for. They also coached me on my resume to help me be a better candidate.

Elena Pack West Jordan, UT

Indeed is a good place to go if you are looking for a job. I found my current job on Indeed. They provide a ton of good information informing about what certain jobs are looking for and provide. It is well organized and has many jobs to look at.

Connor Smith Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has a great user interface making it easy and intuitive for me to find what I’m looking for. On the other hand their search system is not great and I often feel like the search engine could be improved somehow. All in all, though I have used indeed to get a job before and it worked well for the most part!

Becca Jones Bel Air, MD

After losing my job in November, I wasn’t sure where to even begin in the job search process. A friend suggested I try out indeed and I am so glad I did. Indeed allows you to search for jobs in your area with a simple click and makes the application process smooth. The website even allows you to upload your resume so you can easily apply to jobs with one click! After a few weeks and many interviews, I have now found my perfect new job. Indeed allowed me to narrow my searches closer to my area and within my skill level.

Rachelle Orlando, FL

First of all the emails are annoying but besides that I’ve been using them for years and it’s so simple. It’s condensed all in one job site but you have access to so many different companies, and job types it’s incredible. Pick a resume you want to send and just keep applying over and over. They ask questions every so often to better understand what your looking for or what your skills are and these get updated. They have a great filtering system as well which is superb

James Goodman Silverdale, WA

Indeed is my go to source for job hunting. I found a career, that I didn't know I needed. I now love my job and Indeed got me here. They're information, recommendations, and insights can help anyone seeking a true and fulfilling career.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

I use indeed at least once a month to look at the different jobs available in my area. I like indeed because you can customize your job search to look for specific work or you can look at all the jobs that have been posted in your area. Indeed is easy to navigate and usually provides a link directly to the job application or website.

Daniel Cebrero Henderson, NV

When I was unemployed last year because of the pandemic. This was my go to site to job search. I am currently employed by a company I found on this site. I am extremely grateful and love how easy indeed was to use and apply for jobs.

Steven Shimmin

I have got so many jobs and offers from Indeed. My go to site for searching for work. They keep you in the loop, help with your resume and find you real jobs with big money. Retired now and still occasionally look on Indeed.

Thomas Nuffer Lindon, UT

Very good for finding jobs, if I want to know if a place is hiring or how much I might get payed, this is where I check. Almost every job on here has past employees who have said what the job is like and how much they have gotten payed.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

I use Indeed less now in my career (I mainly focus on LinkedIn), but earlier in my career I loved using Indeed. I used Indeed for more entry-level roles around marketing, media editing, and even social media management work that's part time. I've used Indeed to find roles focused on content development, video editing, and other similar tasks. I think Indeed is great for these types of roles (far, far superior to Craigslist), but less so for full time career jobs (where LinkedIn is superior).

KG Lebanon, NJ

Indeed has been helpful to find open jobs in the market and to sometimes be able to submit your résumé right from the job posting. It is also great because you can specify a radius for travel when looking for a job location.

Stephen Thompson

Indeed is a go to for recruitment. As a recruiter, I received more traffic and responses from Indeed than any other source, but at times, the quality was not as "top notch" or as much as a fit as some more-targeted search capabilities. But it is much more reasonable in price.

Chelsea Pleasant Grove, UT

Found the best job I have ever had in my life through searches on indeed and will always look on there first in the future! Is so easy to navigate and overall is an amazing site!

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

Lots and lots of jobs listed, when you put in your location and specifications it pops up all available jobs and even let's you write or download your resume and apply right from the site. I have used it several times

I Am Pumkin Brooklyn, NY

I have received alot of offers and feed back although temp positions sometimes almost immediately I hear from the employers when I send my resume out. I appreciate the fast interviews and reapknse from the employers

Cpm12345 Troy, IL

Every job interview I have had in the last 10 years has happened because I used Indeed. Also, every job I have applied for and gotten an interview for, I have been hired. It’s extremely easy to create an account and a resume on there. Plus you can add your skills which has benefited me a ton. Employers have almost always responded and asked for an interview the next day. My current job had me come in from an interview the next day, then I started working the next day. It’s an extremely important and useful phone application, and it doesn’t take up much space.

Aiyana Brown Tallahassee, FL

When I was searching for a summer job in my hometown, indeed was the first place I went to and they provided me with many different jobs and opportunities in my area that I could take part in with my current level of skills. Though I unfortunately did not get to fully get a job that summer, indeed did a good job of providing me with a lot of my possible options.

J B Sandy, UT

Had not used Indeed before, but after chatting with them, I'm impressed with the tools they offer employers.

Carolyn Hazleton, PA

The website was very informative and easy to navigate through. Their listings were very detailed and easy to understand. Any questions or concerns were resolved quickly.

Sarah Huda Los Angeles, CA

There are not a lot of quality job sites to apply to and Indeed is one of my first I try. They have a lot to offer and it's easy to filter out the dead end applications.

WT

I receive emails daily based on my desired jobs. I appreciate how not all of the jobs are exactly what I am looking for. Instead, they are indirectly related and give me options I may not have considered.

Chrissi Parrish Dallas, TX

I always find jobs on here I haven't had any issues . There are so many jobs to pick and choose from here. I'm always on here if I need a new job or looking for a second one.

Sade b Oklahoma City, OK

Indeed is great to help in finding a job. It’s useful with job recommendations, and many jobs that will contact by phone or email helped to speed the job search process along.

Zariah Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has helped me find exact positions of jobs I am looking for and is great for applying. It also allows me to build a profile for employers looking which has helped me get my current job!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has always been my go-to site for job search. It lets you search up job descriptions and it provides you with a list of job opportunities. It will usually have a full description of the job, as provided by the employer. Maybe they could add some features, such as informaiton about the community, but overall the site is easy to use.

Nazjah Yates Tallahassee, FL

This job search site is one of my favorites. It is very easy to use and allows you to upload important documents easily. They use your profile to connect you to multiple employers and help so you don't have to complete a new application every time.

Jasmine Tallahassee, FL

This company/app helped me find my first job. This is a great opportunity for minors when looking for their first job. This app has a lot of job offerings and without the help of great customer service, I wouldn't have a job.

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Not only does it have great search filters it has employers invite you to apply, send you jobs you might like, and give you tips to improve your application. You can also take tests to show important skills, such as attention to detail.

Kaye Columbia, MO

The website is very easy to use and the job postings are very informative! As a college student, I use Indeed to find internship opportunities, of which there are many options and ways to search for listings that meet your specific needs and qualifications. I use Indeed for all of my job and internship searches!

xabriah glenn-young Tallahassee, FL

Indeed is a really nice website when it comes to looking for a job, the tools that they have help you narrow down your options in a given city and uses a type of web tracking to show you more related jobs that it seems your interested in.

Kamron Dalton Riverton, UT

Indeed tries too hard to maintain an image of high wage jobs. Often the listed positions are written to entice but don't offer insight to the actual position.

Jeff Thurgood Draper, UT

This is my go-to for job searches. I have found two jobs with the site. Simple and easy to use.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

indeed.,com is a top notch search engine for jobs. I knew what I wanted from my future job: Full benefits, full time, paid vacation, a specific wage, within a certain distance from my home etc...I fine tuned my job search with the parameters I listed above. Thousands of job were available. I sifted through the jobs and applied with my resume and cover letter. I was able to perform job assessments to allow any employer to review. Perspective employers contacted me through the site. I was able to look at my job contact history to keep track of my interviews. I highly recommend Indeed com if you or someone you know is in need of a job.

Aybree McBride Ogden, UT

I have found my most recent job through indeed, I've been here for three years now and I love it. Indeed made it so easy to put in my information and send it to the hiring team!

Lori Baker Columbus, OH

I have found a few jobs with indeed. I like that employers reach out to you with just looking at your resume on indeed! People who say they can't find a job haven't used indeed

Erna Valcin Tallahassee, FL

This company made it so much easier to send in your information for surrounding jobs hiring instead of doing them individually. I highly recommend it for people who need a starting platform to apply along with if you are new to your location

Lisa Williams Jacksonville, FL

They are always offering job opportunities and sending you notifications so that you are on top of applying for jobs. They always tell you how quickly the job is hiring which is also very helpful.

Prenisha Tallahassee, FL

One of the most comprehensive job search databases out there. Easy to drill down into areas of specialty, useful email alerts. I've used it a few times, getting my next employment through them.

Ellie Giardino Tallahassee, FL

I have used Indeed before multiple times. It can be hard finding jobs in your area so Indeed is a great way for me to see all the available positions that I can apply for. I have gotten some jobs through Indeed.

kristy sowell Waynesboro, MS

As a manager you get multiple hits on indeed for interested applicants. The information provided is generally enough to get you started contacting the people for potential employment.

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

I found my last job with Indeed. I never wrote a resume before, but it has the tools you need to build one from scratch. Comprehensive job search t find exactly what I'm looking for, it's a great site, overall.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

I really like the ease of Indeed's job locater tool. You can get super specific so you can cater your search as close as possible to where you currently live for a short commute. The earning estimations are also very helpful and the application system is super streamlined once you get your profile set up.

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

Indeed really helped me search for different jobs and eventually land a job as an RN. Thanks to indeed I was able to find a more successful job, where I find the work actually satisfying.

Gabrielle Civil Chapel Hill, NC

Indeed is great for finding jobs in any area! I love the suggestions that help you boost your resume and qualifications to qualify for more jobs. Overall honest platform that helped me explore jobs in my area!

Morgan Tennant Idaho Falls, ID

Indeed is a great website from which I’ve gotten many job offers from. They send me emails when a company has reviewed my resume and when they decide to offer an interview or not. Next time I look for a job it will be through indeed!

LP ID Rexburg, ID

In my opinion, Indeed is the best place to look for a job if you have a college degree, are white-collar, or have years of experience. If you're looking for a fast-food job or something simple while you're in school, there are other avenues to take when job hunting. I'm in accounting and I found my current job through Indeed.

Sara McCreery Brooklyn, NY

Indeed is easy to use and they keep you updated on your application submissions. I found a job after months of searching! They gave me relevant emails containing jobs that were pertinent to what field I was looking in! More than satisfied.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I love indeed! What more can I say? It’s simple, very easy to use. You upload your resume find the companies you want to work for and click. Period. I am actually a job coach and this is a pretty handy tool! It’s free as well! No ads cluttering their pages. It’s elementary my friend!!!