Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.
Claim this Profile
BestCompany.com is trying to work directly with this company to verify the accuracy of the information on this page. Thank you for your patience as we make sure we’re getting it right.
Are you a representative
of this company?Claim this Profile
- Price range
- Special features
Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.
Post a job for free
- Listing appears in general search results
- Can accept mobile applications only
- Manage candidates directly from Indeed account
Sponsor jobs for $5+/day
- Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
- Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
- Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts
For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.
180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.
- Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
- Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
- Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.
- Resources and learning materials
- Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials
Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.