Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Mickey Mangum

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently set up an indeed account and instantly has access to several jobs in my area. Then qualifications were always listed and I actually received an interview offer though one contact. It works.

Madelyn

January 16th, 2020 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is the best job site around It allows you to choose what work you are best qualified for... updates are constant. Through out the and night. Allows you to update as much as u want..

Rebecca Harvey

January 13th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

I love indeed for job searches and I also love the build my resume tool! I have had an account with indeed since my first job.

Yanesezah Fenelon

January 10th, 2020 Delray Beach, FL

I use Indeed to find internship and job opportunities in my area. Overall it is helpful for locating opportunities in my area.

Guerothlyn Saint-Jean

January 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

this job board has assisted me in getting positions that I have had for a while.

Diamond Collins

January 10th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a fast and easy way to find a job near you. They notify you when they find a job you do not have to do anything extra.

Danelle

January 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I got my very first job through indeed and it was a simple and easy process! I love it.

Tochica Baptiste

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed always gets the job done there are many filters to help you find exactly what you are looking for. I have found many jobs through this website.

Tanaya E Lee

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like indeed a lot. As a college student it is great to have access to system that can connect me to any job I may choose within the criteria that is most important to me.

Sarah Russie

January 6th, 2020 Clearfield, UT

Probably the most through job site I've used. Pretty user friendly. I use it first whenever looking for a job.

Kayla

January 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I see the ads of people finding good jobs on indeed however that isn’t the case for me. I haven’t had anyone try to contact me or anything. My account has just been stagnant.

Jacob

December 31st, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great resource to find information to prepare for job interviews. With thousands of peoples experiences and connections, it is a great preparation and search finding tool.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

When I'm looking for a job, Indeed is my go to site. The job search function is so easy, I love the clean site, my messages are stored there from recruiters, and it stores my resume info. Love love love it. OH and the daily emails you can set up to see what jobs are out there to be an early applicant. Def recommend.

Sara Smith

December 9th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Got a new job this year and found it on indeed and got a call the same day I applied and started working shortly after that.

Roberson

December 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is quite a useful site when it comes to a job search, they will update you by email almost everyday of new opportunities

Nathan D.

December 5th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Indeed is a nice website to list your resume and field offers from employers looking to hire.

Missy Ryan

December 5th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super useful for finding local jobs. Easy to use, easy to search for listings, and easy to apply for jobs.

Juan

December 4th, 2019 Beaver, PA

I have found a few jobs on here. There are a lot of postings to choose from, but they don't require employers to post hours or salaries i think they should.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed made the experience of finding a job very easy and stress less. The website is very professional!

Todd Homitz

November 29th, 2019 Evans City, PA

Seems to be the go to site for job searching. Mostly reputable companies use this site. We've found some great employees using this site.

Daphne Brown

November 25th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the service and the job postings. It seems to be the best list of jobs in the market. But not sure I am actually getting resumes in front of employers.

Jon Posey

November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a big name but they aren't great. For some reason they hate taking our money and it's been a struggle to get our spend on the same page with them.

Desyree Houston

November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

A very efficient way to look for employment nearby and afar.

Brenda Mertes

November 15th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed makes job searching very easy! I enjoy the feature that allows me to only have to upload my resume once and apply to jobs with one click. Whoever came up with this option was a genius. Indeed is the #1 site I go to for job searches. Also, there is now a assessment feature that makes it easy for employers to see what the skill set for potential employees is before interviews. Excellent all the way around.

Amanda Rosen

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Indeed is a good job search website that I have always found useful and informative

Mellissa

November 11th, 2019 Greeneville, TN

Indeed is a super easy way to help find jobs. O filled out an application for my current job almost 4 years ago and I got a call the day after. It changed my life for the better.

Tony

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not the most visually appealing site, but it's very easy to navigate and seems to have the most relevant postings out there and is widely used.

Eric Smith

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed had all the up to date job opportunity's and lead to finding a job and getting a call back the same day I applied.

Annabella

October 8th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed gave me many options for jobs, and was very helpful in resume transfer. My only issue with Indeed is that I wish they held employers more accountable for replying to applicants through their app. You could apply to 40 jobs, and not receive a response from the app at all for any of them. They should keep employers accountable for checking their Indeed advertisements.

Nicole LeBaron

May 31st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really liked indeed. The website is really easy to use and to find jobs. I was able to find my last job through Indeed because it constantly updates it’s website. Highly recommend!

Abby Driggs

April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT

Website well organized and each job description was pretty concise. But I didn’t feel that the job descriptions were consistent. Some were really long included too much detail. I think for something like this bullet points would be helpful when describing job requirements.

S Suguturaga

February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like all the features available for easy navigation and the ability to upload and submit resume's and other pertinent info for employers

Lori Fletcher

February 13th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

Indeed is a great platform but the emails they send out are never updates and jobs are always out of date.

Kilee De Oliveira

February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is so easy to use. It also tailors the job searches to you so it helps you find exactly what you want.

Jonas De Olveira

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I find indeed to be the best tool for a job search. There are always a lot of listings on the site. Recruiters use it often. I have received multiple calls from recruiters when showing interest in a job.

Jen Paxman

February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I used the Indeed website to find both my husband and myself our most recent jobs. The website is easy to navigate and easy to specify the type of job you are looking for. We were able to quickly find jobs that we were qualified for, but that were also within our desired pay scale and location. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking for a job.

Ponch Thompson

February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

I love Indeed. It is solid, thorough, and timely. When I use it, the data appears to be accurate

Jordan

February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT

I’ve found my last 2 jobs from searching on indeed. It’s very simple to use, and I’ve appreciated finding jobs through this company.

Jenny

February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT

When my daughter was looking for a job, Indeed was the place where I was able to find more jobs than anywhere else.

James Larson

February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Indeed as a potential employee searching for a job. They are good about updating me with new possible jobs, but the application process can sometimes be cumbersome.

Cristiana

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT

Indeed is a wonderful tool research for people that is looking for jobs. I got my current job and my former job thought indeed. I never paid for the service and I always got a great customer services.

club 801

February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used the indeed search engine to apply for the job I am currently working at. It was super easy to use and I sent my resume easy and fast to all of the jobs I was interested in.

Tracey Hazel

February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

Indeed is a great source when job hunting! It’s how I found my current job! It has great amounts of information and the notifications are awesome.

David M Rose

February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have applied to many jobs through Indeed. The platform makes it easy to find jobs that are interesting and a good match for my skill set. I like that they tell me how long a job has been posted so I know if it's a recent posting.

Lauren Jorgensen

February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love indeed. It's the first place I go when looking for a job. I like that It will email me with job suggestions I may or may not have seen. I found my current job on indeed and It make applying so easy!

Evelyn Chidester

February 5th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Indeed is very helpful when looking for employment. You can easily download your resume and narrow your searches down to specific places and job interests. I've also used this site to help friends find employment as well

Jeff Blackett

February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While using Indeed I wasn't very impressed with their service. I felt like they didn't have that one thing to set them apart from other Job Search services. If you are someone that simply wants to look for available jobs and not "dig into" information then it might be a good fit. Otherwise I would start my job search elsewhere.

Virginia Rosenthal

January 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In my job I help individuals find employment. Indeed is my #1 choice for job board. It is easy to use and to submit job applications through the site.

Savanna

January 31st, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

This is how I found my last 2 jobs. Easy to navigate and connects you with great jobs fast!

Shaylee

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

Indeed is a very effective way to find jobs. I have applied for over 15 jobs using this application and had about 7 job interviews. It is very easy to create your indeed resume and you can upload a cover letter or any other attachments if desired. It is extremely easy to use and nice because you can submit your resume directly through the application/website. I also have had very quick responses from employers.