Indeed Logo

8.0

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2021
Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right
Glassdoor Logo
#4 Glassdoor chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range
Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed. Post a job for free
  • Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account
Sponsor jobs for $5+/day
  • Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts
For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.
Reach
180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.
Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience
Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials
Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Customer Support
Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

My utmost favorite job search and employee-find platform. While I don't like the ridiculously egregious expense for how often they find you a "suitable" candidate, the free job postings are incredible! Definitely a must- have in your job posting and searching needs.

Donna Tyler, TX

Indeed made it easy to access and apply for jobs. Having the opportunity to build a resume and instantly use it for your job search. I like the details and job descriptions all at your fingertips.

1 day ago

Rom Mendawi Los Angeles, CA

Through Indeed, I have always been employed! I just leave my resume and immediately I get tons of offers. The recommendations and categories that Indeed gives to me, makes it easy to find a job. I really love it.

Aly Houston, TX

I've been on both ends of Indeed, posting jobs for my workplace and looking for jobs. Overall I think it is a relatively simple and effective site to use. However there is something very bare bones about service (including submissions) as well as the search results not always feeling relevant. I think it could use an upgrade to be my user interactive and friendly.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

indeed.,com is a top notch search engine for jobs. I knew what I wanted from my future job: Full benefits, full time, paid vacation, a specific wage, within a certain distance from my home etc...I fine tuned my job search with the parameters I listed above. Thousands of job were available. I sifted through the jobs and applied with my resume and cover letter. I was able to perform job assessments to allow any employer to review. Perspective employers contacted me through the site. I was able to look at my job contact history to keep track of my interviews. I highly recommend Indeed com if you or someone you know is in need of a job.

Morgan Tennant Idaho Falls, ID

Indeed is a great website from which I’ve gotten many job offers from. They send me emails when a company has reviewed my resume and when they decide to offer an interview or not. Next time I look for a job it will be through indeed!

David Cape Coral, FL

I believe Indeed is the best job recruiting sites on the internet. Most of the other sites do not have the Jos they advertise and push you to sign up with them, never bringing you to the initial job you wanted to check out. Indeed has it all. They keep track of the jobs that you signed up to check. Let you know the status of that job and act as a good line between you and the jobs you applied for. It's the number one job site for me

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

This is one of the main sites I have used when searching for a job in the past, including my current company. Lots of different search options, including age of job posting. This is a critical thing. In my experience, when a posting is on there for over 30 days, they are either fishing for resumes for the future or the position is continually open. (ie...high turnover.) I like to search for about a dozen different settings rather than a "One filter fits all" type of search board. Also, I have been on the hiring side using Indeed. Easy, robust and got a lot of suitable resumes with very few bad fits. Used it before, will use it again.

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Great for finding jobs & openings near where you live or where you want to locate to. A lot of applicants online so you have to make yourself stand out. I like to filter for specific job types & pay which is great.

David Stickles West Jordan, UT

Best way I’ve used for job hunting, the filters and keywords seem to being more relevant results than some of the other job sites. Only issue is their algorithm for sending out jobs you may be interested is very inaccurate sometimes with completely different work fields or degrees I do not have.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

Indeed is very easy to use and has lots of different job categories to choose from so it makes it very convenient. It has lots of room for job description unlike other websites.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Indeed is super nice. Easy to use, good messaging platform for when employers want to contact you. I actually really like that they keep your email private and only allow employers to message you via Indeed. Saves time and space because you get less spam emails that way.

Brooklyn Jensen Provo, UT

Indeed makes it super easy to find and apply for a job. The only somewhat poor experience I had with Indeed is that after applying for a job on Indeed, I received a response to apply on the actual website. So Indeed could include the company's website and say to apply there.

The Bean Spiller Provo, UT

Very helpful for finding local jobs or jobs wherever you want. With custom filters and inputs, it's very easy to find something you're looking for, and you get a good overview of the job with Indeed's job summary

Abril Hunter Tallahassee, FL

indeed is a great job search application, however often times it’s hard to find the salaries on jobs. My one filter when searching for a job is salary and location and the salary filter often times does not include the actual salary of the position. However, beyond that I really appreciate the apps versatility and holistic review of jobs. The interface and set up of the website make it really easy to use, more specifically the place where you can upload your résumé to apply straight off of the website.

Ann Horst San Antonio, TX

Indeed is my go-to job search app. I use it all the time even if it's just to see what is out there to stay current! I love that I can get automatic notifications when a job in my field is open. And if I like it, I can apply with my Indeed Resume. It's so easy and helpful.

Esther Haynie Dallas, TX

Like that I can be tested for my skills right online so that employers can verify before contacting me. I do wish that they had a feature that allowed my references to write reference right online like ZipRecruiter does so that employers would also have this info up front.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

Coined the market for seekers and employers to connect. Indeed to linkedIn is like craigslist to facebook. Indeed is opportunity in posts by area, and linkedIn is a professional profile. Its funny how they are trying to offer what the rival offers more and more. However indeed has provided the connection to 2 major life altering jobs I have acquired and LinkedIn is what I would include as a back up to provide a sort of public or peer verified proof of credential. Together they are great, alone I would choose Indeed, but realistically you should use both. Every other platform is a waste unless they have captured a niche community over an occupation. Indeed- in trying to provide a negative remark or issue with indeed, I can not think of one, they are working their way through things like using your indeed resume to apply for a job, and most let you, I absolutely hate coming across a company that requires you to fill put their specific application and refuse to use the indeed format to make it easier. Not indeeds fault. I do wish they had a better template to provide resume info, or maybe one that can be made to be unique to you. Not using indeed? You must not need that job, Or maybe your tech-challenged and didnt even make it passed the first level of the job interview……. indeed is a platform that naturally filters out the technology incompetent.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I find that I don't' use Indeed as much as some of the other job boards, mainly because it just lacks in the advanced features of it's competitors. I find that most jobs I can find on indeed I can also find on the other job boards. I haven't had a negative experience with the website, I just prefer to use other sites for my job searches. I'd say it's rated as your average job search site without the extra bells and whistles.

Wayne N Phoenix, AZ

Indeed is a great way to find employment or employers. I love the fact that indeed constantly sends me updates on new opportunities and provides resources to facilitate with that as well.

Sarah Rosencrans Portland, OR

Indeed always been my favorite job search site you just make everything so simple you can apply for so many jobs and so little time basically assuring employment jobs are always so descriptive and that's always a fast response

Charnise Johnson Chicago, IL

Indeed is a very reliable company to find a job. Some years ago I had an issue with finding a job it was unemployed for almost 7 months straight, I had never received a call back, or no interviews from no other company with no other job site, but since I’ve been using Indy for maybe the last 20 years every time I apply for a job on there I always get back a response or I actually get the job. I am going on my fifth job through Indy and I highly recommend the Indy for your job search.

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

Indeed has been a lifesaver during the past few months that we have been looking for a new job for my husband. We have used a number of Job Search sites, but Indeed has been one of our favorite. The application process was very easy and we were able to quickly apply to a number of jobs in a short period of time. My favorite part of the service provided is the auto-fill feature included when you upload your resume. This made applying to jobs so much easier in the long run. We will definitely use Indeed again when looking for new jobs!

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have been with this company for the past 15 years or more. I don’t think I have ever had a bad experience with them. If I did, it wasn’t anything that was significant. Because I’ve been using this company for a very long time, I am well-versed in how it works through and through. They do pride themselves on excellent customer service. I could definitely agree with that because the representatives were respectful and kind.

Kibsaim Rebollar Austin, TX

It was a great place to search for jobs. I think it is easy to get lost in the endless scrolling of jobs and job applicants though.

Paige C Riverton, UT

Indeed was a great site in the beginning, but now a days all that's on there is scams and fake job postings. Makes it really difficult to weed out the real from the fake and actually finding a job. I like indeed and it’s skills tests but it's a shame

Andrea Thomas Bellevue, WA

Out of the many websites we post our job applications to, Indeed tends to lead in results. It’s easy to manage. I would recommend indeed to employers.

Kori Travis FL

This is the best site to use if you are looking for a job in your area. I like how you can filter the type of job you are looking for that will fit your needs

Dolie Lo Rochester, MI

I really like Indeed. It's easy to set up your resume amd very easy to apply for jobs. I found so many of my friends and family jobs on Indeed and they got hired, myself included!

Roberta Profitt Marcus Hook, PA

Indeed is pretty cool. I learned about it when I found out my school district was using them to hire. I am on it and actively searching for a second job. They keep up with my searches and point out new jobs all of the time.

Penny Jackson, TN

Indeed is always my go-to place for jobs search. I changed jobs a lot because I had to move with my husband a lot because of his job. And indeed helped me find job openings each time.

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

I found my current job using this site! The information isn't always up to date but for the most part it is very reliable. One of my favorite features is the site's ability to upload your current resume. All I had to do was click a few buttons to send my information to a possible future employer.

MamaWalnutz Memphis, TN

I used Indeed many times to find employees and was inundated with applicants, so it is very likely that any company can find bodies for their job openings. I did not like the fact that even though I had strict guidelines in place regarding qualifications, under qualified people continued to flood my email box. I do wish Indeed had a better way of filtering these.

Taylor Lindholm Boston, MA

I have used Indeed as both a job-seeker and employer. Both processes are easy-to-use. Additionally, I like the detailed search functionality and customization allowed to aid in finding employment that fits your needs/wants. Definitely a great resource for both job seekers and employers!

Megan Huntley IA

I’ve heard back from companies super fast through indeed. Super helpful and easy to navigate!

Becca Amiot Salem, VA

Great website for searching for a position or for companies to share and post their available positions. I've used this site for jobs in the past.

r vido Orem, UT

I received a scammer phone call 1 week after signing up with Indeed. The scammer related information about my expertise that I had only ever shared as a job search category on Indeed. It was not on any of my social media nor on my resume. The only time I had ever listed it was on the job filters on the Indeed website.

Daigan Logan, UT

Indeed has been the site I’ve used to get 90% of the jobs I’ve had. It’s amazing and gives you lots of options. Indeed is very easy to use.

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

I really love indeed.com! I have found most of my jobs there. There are so many job postings and I have had many amazing opportunities because of it.

Toni Montuori

Indeed is a clean and easy search engine for job seekers. Enhanced security on the sight gives me confidence that my information is safe.

Megan Roper South Jordan, UT

Indeed is hard to completely understand. There is always a new update or change, so I never feel like I understand the program and am needing to reach out to a rep to answer my questions. I am happy about how many candidates Indeed does bring in and have been very impressed by it.

Nelly Nakhon Sawan, 60

I heard about this site from one of my close friends. She found her current job off of the site but I didn’t have her same luck. The information for some jobs was out of date and they were very few companies that got back to me in a timely manner. I didn’t not end up finding a job by using Indeed.

Tosha R Harriman, TN

I love this site you get job offers and they are always coming I would definitely recommend this to somebody I haven't got a job I'll give this site yet but a lot of potential job

Rob Weekes Yuma, AZ

I like indeed. They send me free emails on a daily basis featuring the latest openings in my area from all sources, including governmental openings. I can even finetune the searches to part-time jobs if I wish.

Ella Endicott, NY

It’s a jungle out there—-they just want your info and don’t care or facilitate you getting the job. My advice— Read indeed and do the searches Apply directly to the company Do not create an account This summer made the mistake of registering, but unregistered due to He many email matches. Got an email the job search was over and it was closed. But then because I felt I was just being pushed around like a number, I went straight to the company site. They interviewed me and I got the job!!!! Yeah! So, you don’t need them, they will leave you hanging. Use them as a “newspaper” and then YOU go get the job.

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

The system is easy to navigate. The resume builder is easy. Job offers do come in quickly just as they advertise! And its not hard to get back into if you forgetbyiur password or something its FREE which is always nice i have 9 kids so any release financially is awesome! I like that i can download my email for free as well awesome system!

Betmo79 Southaven, MS

I like that you set up the app and then can apply to several jobs without having to apply at each one. The quick apply or apply with resume option is amazing especially when you have a lot going on. I have found 3 great jobs through indeed. I move with my husband's career so I use Indeed often. I also feel like the spam and fake jobs are not on this as much as others. Another bonus is it gives you a lot of information about the company. I am a fan. The only thing I would change is when you get sent to 3rd party sites. I don't like feeling that I could possibly get sent to a fraud site.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I really like indeed because they let me make my resume online so I don’t have to submit another file with my resume they show me who I’ve applied for. Also they recommend current jobs. And you can talk to people through indeed, to set up meetings etc. me and multiple of my friends have found jobs through indeed

Ysabel Moody San Antonio, TX

Indeed is cool because you can filter exactly what you are looking for in a job!

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

Indeed is easy to use, however, I started getting emails from spam users after signing up. Not what you want from a job search website.