Indeed Logo

5.4

LAST UPDATED: September 22nd, 2022
Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

ZipRecruiter Logo
#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
LinkedIn Logo
#2 LinkedIn chevron_right
Glassdoor Logo
#4 Glassdoor chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range
Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed. Post a job for free
  • Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account
Sponsor jobs for $5+/day
  • Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts
For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.
Reach
180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.
Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience
Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials
Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Customer Support
Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Jewelleah Kempers Los Angeles, CA

I used Indeed Job finding website service when i was looking for a job in the real estate and marketing industries. Indeed provided an in depth questionaire to hone in on relevant jobs that met my criteria and i was given dozens of job leads to look into. Every day i would receive several fresh new job ooenings to apply for and as a result, i quickly found a great job that matched my skills and experience. Indeed is an excellent leads source for tons of quality jobs with applications instantly submitted and recommendations based on your search criteria that really narrow down the search time for relevant jobs!

PISSED OFF CUSTOMER Covington, VA

Absolutely love it! Easy to set up an account and so many job offers ! Makes looking for a job easy instead of stressful!

Mnm420 Clearwater, FL

I have obtained a few jobs through indeed.com. It has a feature where employers can find you and contact you based on their criteria. It keeps your resume on your account and makes it super easy to apply for a job with just a couple of clicks. They have job offers of every type and location. I often consult the company reviews because it is an excellent source for really learning about a company because who knows better than those on the inside?

AngeliaHuffman Flora, IN

Indeed is a truly excellent app. It makes building a resume easy and makes applying for jobs even easier. They also give you recommendations for jobs they think you may be interested in. Would definitely recommend.

Sathvik Aithala Portland, OR

Falls short compared to it's competitors, and lack of salary information makes job hunting an even more painful process than it already is.

Kmzokie Tulsa, OK

I love this service I use it anytime I have looked for a job and always get offers pretty fast.

Charlotte P Herriman, UT

I have used Indeed twice to find a new place of employment. I highly recommend this app as it helped me find my current job which I am absolutely in love with. I was able to narrow my search and enter parameters that were important in my job search. Applying through the app was so simple, and the companies that use indeed are very responsive. I used other job search sites like Monster and they were a nightmare to maneuver and the companies were not that responsive. Overall, I would use indeed over everything else out there...not that I will need to as I found my forever job!

Becca Jones Bel Air, MD

After losing my job in November, I wasn’t sure where to even begin in the job search process. A friend suggested I try out indeed and I am so glad I did. Indeed allows you to search for jobs in your area with a simple click and makes the application process smooth. The website even allows you to upload your resume so you can easily apply to jobs with one click! After a few weeks and many interviews, I have now found my perfect new job. Indeed allowed me to narrow my searches closer to my area and within my skill level.

Dougie D Harold, KY

Excellent vetting to weed out scammers! Helpful resume builder and the searching for you continues even when you log off and will send you alerts if you want of new openings in your chosen areas of interest!

Dana Hatfield Bullhead City, AZ

Yes they come across with multiple listings, but the problem I had was that many of the listings were not for jobs even close to where I lived. Many were out of town and out of state even. If I wanted to look for a job in another state I wouldn't have asked for jobs in my current city. I never got a job through them, and only 3 interviews for positions I was well qualified for. Not a satisfied user.

James Goodman Silverdale, WA

Indeed is my go to source for job hunting. I found a career, that I didn't know I needed. I now love my job and Indeed got me here. They're information, recommendations, and insights can help anyone seeking a true and fulfilling career.

Phalda Morris Jacksonville, FL

Indeed has been great with helping me find a job. With Indeed, I was able to apply to 5-10 jobs a day without a whole lot of effort on my part. I also liked that Indeed told you if you were qualified for a job or not, so you could save yourself the time of applying. I would tell anyone looking for a job to use Indeed in their job search.

Jailene Torres Tallahassee, FL

I used Indeed to get my first job almost 8 years ago. I’ve been using it ever since. It makes it really easy to narrow down available positions in my area, and allows me to filter based on the type of position I’m looking for.

Jaelyn Morris Havana, FL

Indeed is my favorite company to use when searching for jobs. I really enjoy their algorithm and how it shows you jobs similar to what you have been looking at. I also like that include their estimate of what the pay would be if the company does not state it themselves. I'd certainly recommend Indeed if you are looking for a job.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We've used Indeed the last few months to find jobs for a high school student and it was a good experience and she was able to find a job in a day. We have also used Indeed the last month to help my son find a college internship. The site is easy to use and very helpful.

Erica Reynolds

I found my current job with Indeed! The search feature is super convenient. It allows you to filter out jobs you wouldn't want or aren't qualified for. I also store and update my resume on the indeed app. Indeed is the only job search engine I use!

Alicia Mesa, AZ

I have used Indeed to find a few jobs and I have been pleased with the experience I've had. I love that there is a huge variety of jobs to choose from and the search function is easy to use and usually gives me the exact results I'm looking for. My only complaint with this site would be the amount of emails they send periodically, but it's not unmanageable! Overall, I would recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a job!

Shopman Herriman, UT

Indeed made finding the right job easy. I was able to limit the jobs I saw to ones that had the days and hours I wanted. They sent me emails with new jobs that fit what I was looking for. They also coached me on my resume to help me be a better candidate.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Indeed is my favorite job search tool. It has a wealth of opportunity and is considered a strong asset with any the job hunt. It allows for easy searches and can keep you resume online for more outreach. It is simply on of the easiest, best supported, and well liked job portals out there. It cannot be recommended enough. For stability, privacy, and results, I have used Indeed and have been grateful for its job hunting results.

Rachelle Orlando, FL

First of all the emails are annoying but besides that I’ve been using them for years and it’s so simple. It’s condensed all in one job site but you have access to so many different companies, and job types it’s incredible. Pick a resume you want to send and just keep applying over and over. They ask questions every so often to better understand what your looking for or what your skills are and these get updated. They have a great filtering system as well which is superb

Cpm12345 Troy, IL

Every job interview I have had in the last 10 years has happened because I used Indeed. Also, every job I have applied for and gotten an interview for, I have been hired. It’s extremely easy to create an account and a resume on there. Plus you can add your skills which has benefited me a ton. Employers have almost always responded and asked for an interview the next day. My current job had me come in from an interview the next day, then I started working the next day. It’s an extremely important and useful phone application, and it doesn’t take up much space.

Aiyana Brown Tallahassee, FL

When I was searching for a summer job in my hometown, indeed was the first place I went to and they provided me with many different jobs and opportunities in my area that I could take part in with my current level of skills. Though I unfortunately did not get to fully get a job that summer, indeed did a good job of providing me with a lot of my possible options.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

indeed.,com is a top notch search engine for jobs. I knew what I wanted from my future job: Full benefits, full time, paid vacation, a specific wage, within a certain distance from my home etc...I fine tuned my job search with the parameters I listed above. Thousands of job were available. I sifted through the jobs and applied with my resume and cover letter. I was able to perform job assessments to allow any employer to review. Perspective employers contacted me through the site. I was able to look at my job contact history to keep track of my interviews. I highly recommend Indeed com if you or someone you know is in need of a job.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

This is one of the main sites I have used when searching for a job in the past, including my current company. Lots of different search options, including age of job posting. This is a critical thing. In my experience, when a posting is on there for over 30 days, they are either fishing for resumes for the future or the position is continually open. (ie...high turnover.) I like to search for about a dozen different settings rather than a "One filter fits all" type of search board. Also, I have been on the hiring side using Indeed. Easy, robust and got a lot of suitable resumes with very few bad fits. Used it before, will use it again.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

Coined the market for seekers and employers to connect. Indeed to linkedIn is like craigslist to facebook. Indeed is opportunity in posts by area, and linkedIn is a professional profile. Its funny how they are trying to offer what the rival offers more and more. However indeed has provided the connection to 2 major life altering jobs I have acquired and LinkedIn is what I would include as a back up to provide a sort of public or peer verified proof of credential. Together they are great, alone I would choose Indeed, but realistically you should use both. Every other platform is a waste unless they have captured a niche community over an occupation. Indeed- in trying to provide a negative remark or issue with indeed, I can not think of one, they are working their way through things like using your indeed resume to apply for a job, and most let you, I absolutely hate coming across a company that requires you to fill put their specific application and refuse to use the indeed format to make it easier. Not indeeds fault. I do wish they had a better template to provide resume info, or maybe one that can be made to be unique to you. Not using indeed? You must not need that job, Or maybe your tech-challenged and didnt even make it passed the first level of the job interview……. indeed is a platform that naturally filters out the technology incompetent.

Zariah Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has helped me find exact positions of jobs I am looking for and is great for applying. It also allows me to build a profile for employers looking which has helped me get my current job!

wyattpaige Tallahassee, FL

very helpful in finding job and internship opportunities in your field and in your area, it helped me find the job i’ve worked at for 4 years and has helped me find my internship and many other opportunities in the places im considering moving to

Jennifer Tallahassee, FL

I like that Indeed has so many listings for so many types of jobs. Sometimes though it seems jobs appear that don’t match my search criteria but I think that actually keeps it interesting, something I haven’t thought about before.

Elizabeth Slocomb, AL

Indeed is a good site to use to check out the job market wherever you may be looking to live. It has been helpful to me when judging what qualifications I may need for my future career.

Cassidy Ashby Herriman, UT

I actually haven’t applied for a job through indeed but it is a great place to look at job posting and find available jobs in the area. I would take the information then visit the company’s website

Korinne C Riverton, UT

Indeed is a great service, but I feel like it hasn't been updated and changed for years and years. Maybe see what is new in the job search market and add it in. However, it is clean, simple, and easy to use so those are good qualities.

Elena Pack West Jordan, UT

Indeed is a good place to go if you are looking for a job. I found my current job on Indeed. They provide a ton of good information informing about what certain jobs are looking for and provide. It is well organized and has many jobs to look at.

Connor Smith Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has a great user interface making it easy and intuitive for me to find what I’m looking for. On the other hand their search system is not great and I often feel like the search engine could be improved somehow. All in all, though I have used indeed to get a job before and it worked well for the most part!

Morgan Tennant Idaho Falls, ID

Indeed is a great website from which I’ve gotten many job offers from. They send me emails when a company has reviewed my resume and when they decide to offer an interview or not. Next time I look for a job it will be through indeed!

Lizzy Puentes Abingdon, MD

Indeed is such a great resources for finding jobs. The website and app is easy to navigate with filters to specify wha type of job you are searching for. Each job has a job description and some have the option to apply right on the indeed page.

Annabella San Jose, CA

Indeed gave me many options for jobs, and was very helpful in resume transfer. My only issue with Indeed is that I wish they held employers more accountable for replying to applicants through their app. You could apply to 40 jobs, and not receive a response from the app at all for any of them. They should keep employers accountable for checking their Indeed advertisements.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I used the Indeed website to find both my husband and myself our most recent jobs. The website is easy to navigate and easy to specify the type of job you are looking for. We were able to quickly find jobs that we were qualified for, but that were also within our desired pay scale and location. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking for a job.

Tanner Hales Pleasant Grove, UT

By far the best job search site out there. I have always had the best luck with indeed. In my opinion, more companies use indeed than any other. The search and filter features make it easy to narrow down what jobs are the best fit for me. Very easy to use, and definitely my favorite.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I found my current job by using Indeed. I think it’s the most comprehensive job search site out there. It seemed like there were more job listings on Indeed than anywhere else. I’ll probably use it again if I need to look for another job, or if I’m helping someone else find a job.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

I use indeed at least once a month to look at the different jobs available in my area. I like indeed because you can customize your job search to look for specific work or you can look at all the jobs that have been posted in your area. Indeed is easy to navigate and usually provides a link directly to the job application or website.

Daniel Cebrero Henderson, NV

When I was unemployed last year because of the pandemic. This was my go to site to job search. I am currently employed by a company I found on this site. I am extremely grateful and love how easy indeed was to use and apply for jobs.

Steven Shimmin

I have got so many jobs and offers from Indeed. My go to site for searching for work. They keep you in the loop, help with your resume and find you real jobs with big money. Retired now and still occasionally look on Indeed.

Thomas Nuffer Lindon, UT

Very good for finding jobs, if I want to know if a place is hiring or how much I might get payed, this is where I check. Almost every job on here has past employees who have said what the job is like and how much they have gotten payed.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

I use Indeed less now in my career (I mainly focus on LinkedIn), but earlier in my career I loved using Indeed. I used Indeed for more entry-level roles around marketing, media editing, and even social media management work that's part time. I've used Indeed to find roles focused on content development, video editing, and other similar tasks. I think Indeed is great for these types of roles (far, far superior to Craigslist), but less so for full time career jobs (where LinkedIn is superior).

KG Lebanon, NJ

Indeed has been helpful to find open jobs in the market and to sometimes be able to submit your résumé right from the job posting. It is also great because you can specify a radius for travel when looking for a job location.

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

With Indeed I was really able to find a lot of job opportunities and alerts as in when employers want to get in touch with me I even used the interview section and was able to get my first job offered to me right over the online interview!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Indeed has always been my go-to site for job search. It lets you search up job descriptions and it provides you with a list of job opportunities. It will usually have a full description of the job, as provided by the employer. Maybe they could add some features, such as informaiton about the community, but overall the site is easy to use.

Nazjah Yates Tallahassee, FL

This job search site is one of my favorites. It is very easy to use and allows you to upload important documents easily. They use your profile to connect you to multiple employers and help so you don't have to complete a new application every time.

Jasmine Tallahassee, FL

This company/app helped me find my first job. This is a great opportunity for minors when looking for their first job. This app has a lot of job offerings and without the help of great customer service, I wouldn't have a job.

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Not only does it have great search filters it has employers invite you to apply, send you jobs you might like, and give you tips to improve your application. You can also take tests to show important skills, such as attention to detail.