Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Gordicookie

March 4th, 2021 Orlando, FL

This site is the worse. For somebody looking for a job right away is not the best. There is also a lot of scamming jobs

Toni Purdy

March 4th, 2021 Bullhead City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to access and follow to find the right job for you in the right area. Updates you regularly.

Bethany

March 3rd, 2021 Rockville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recommended my daughter to use indeed to find her summer interns during her winter breaks and it is a successful experience! We are particularly impressed by the timely job posting.

Shawn McMahon

March 1st, 2021 Wausau, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy way to search for jobs. Just answer a few questions, and employers contact you. Free and easy

Ryan Falk

February 27th, 2021 ,

Lots of choices and detailed ads. I was able to find a great job thru this website.

Emelyn Plasschaert

February 23rd, 2021 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have found all of my jobs through Indeed! Seriously the fastest and most effective way to get hired for the income you want. Nothing but good things to say!

SA

February 23rd, 2021 Summit, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great job search platform. I also receive frequent job recommendations and get contacted by many recruiters.

Maralisa Salazar

February 20th, 2021 ,

Its okay. But I have never gotten a job through indeed. There are also a lot of fake accounts for jobs that don't exist or are scams

Sharmae Gilgen

February 19th, 2021 American Fork, UT

Indeed is easy to use for job posting and for searching who is hiring. Good rates.

Rebeckah Anestin

February 18th, 2021 Tallahassee, FL

I have used indeed to look for websites but sometimes it gives me options for things that I’m not qualified fo despite my filters .

The Man Flake

February 17th, 2021 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed allowed me to put up my information and reseme, and allowed me to apply and get the job I have now. This company works very well and I love my job, I love indeed because it got me where I am today.

The Voice Over Closet

February 17th, 2021 Anaheim, CA

Great experience! I post jobs for my business and I have gotten tons of people applying to my needed position!

Bing Yeung

February 17th, 2021 Riverton, UT

Indeed certainly leads me to job interviews, but I don't see many companies using the features to communicate with their applicants about their hiring status. Page layout could use some work as well as the resume builder (don't read uploaded pdf well), but it's definitely helpful to job search.

Gary Woo

February 17th, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is great, I’ve found all my jobs from Indeed. It is so easy to find jobs that I want and then it is easy to see if I get an email back from an employer.

Terry N

February 16th, 2021 Sioux Falls, SD

Indeed is my go to for job searches, it is easy to use and search/apply for jobs.

Lex

February 16th, 2021 Midway, UT

I LOVE INDEED i cant even lie, its soooo easy to use once youve set up you initial resume. I don't have to keep making one and all I have to do to apply to all these jobs is press apply! Not only that but businesses can contact me too. I love it

Abby Bostick

February 15th, 2021 Groton, MA

My indeed account did not help me find my current job. All I seemed to get was spam or very unrelated to my field recruiters showing interest in me, but was not useful at all to me. I do like how easy it is to submit a resume.

karis buggs

February 15th, 2021

I have actually found a few quality jobs on this website. They make the company transparent as well.

Sarah Marfo

February 15th, 2021 Tallahassee, FL

This website always has over one hundred jobs available. There are many things to apply for but at time it can get tedious when there aren’t any responses for employers.

Ross

February 12th, 2021 Maple Grove, MN

Indeed is awesome for job hunting and very easy to navigate. It’s by far the place to look.

Sicely Lyn Russell

February 12th, 2021 Mesa, AZ

I thought it was super confusing to use. I didn't like it that much. It didn't help me get a job and they sent me way to many emails about jobs that I wouldn't even qualify for.

rachel tilley

February 12th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great research tool for finding the job that fits your degree or career choice

Anna Gratalo

February 12th, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT

I have found all my jobs through indeed, they make searching easy as well as applying.

Caroline HARARY

February 12th, 2021 Citrus Heights, CA

They email you the same jobs over and over again. They also make you submit an assessment test when applying for a job. I consider that a waste of time and very annoying.

Prius542

February 11th, 2021 ,

Indeed sent me many interesting job listings. It definitely helped me keep updated on my job search.

Yeun Childers

February 10th, 2021 Evanston, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that it's a free service for job hunters. I also like the ease of submitting my resume to companies. I like the filters you can use to narrow your job search. My only issue was it took a while to edit my resume, as it would not save my editing.

Terrence myster

February 10th, 2021 ,

Indeed is a amazing company that provides good jobs leads that are real time ads and really want to hire people because some of these said they have openings but try to sell you on some credit report

OverItAll

February 9th, 2021 Leesburg, FL

It is one of the best when searching for a position. They get enough information from you to make an informed recommendation. Overall good experience.

Dolly Anderson

February 9th, 2021 Decatur, IL

Looking for a job can be a tried experience, but when I contacted, indeed too look and help me, once I have the my work history and hour that I willing to go above and beyond, to find the one job the I can Begin they ( Indeed) lead me on my way to interview of choice, I have been thankful.

Nicole

February 9th, 2021 Hendersonville, TN

Very easy to search and apply for some jobs. Love using this app. I hope to someday land a good job with this app

Elizabeth Elizondo

February 8th, 2021 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They always send me emails when something new pops up the website is super easy to understand and use

Frankie

February 8th, 2021 Cibolo, TX

Indeed sends my updates on job postings throughout each day. Many are just what I am looking for, based on my profile.

Mark Stansell

February 7th, 2021 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Indeed. I uploaded my resume and within a few short days I was getting emails with job matches. I even got a call from an employer who found me.

Justin Pumilia

February 5th, 2021 Saint Paul, MN

Gotten a lot of suggested job postings and applied to a lot. Do not typically hear back but I have on a few and that is all I can ask for.

Trina watson

February 3rd, 2021 San Antonio, TX

Great company that keeps the jobs info coming! I’ve found good companies through indeed

Caloway

February 3rd, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is a very straight forward website to use. It is convenient to search for jobs and internships and you can filter out lots of different variables and find what your looking for in only a few clicks.

Aleena Hafiz

February 3rd, 2021 ,

Name a job, Indeed has it. Very easy site to use, and I appreciate the emails about job offerings. You need a job? They got you, indeed.

Dorothea Grimes-Farrow

February 2nd, 2021 Athens, GA

It's a useful tool but not as a stand-alone of course. I've gotten useful information about market trends.

ryan

February 2nd, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We're a small business and I've used Indeed multiple times to hire new employee. I was surprised at how quickly we were receiving applications after paying, and how many qualified applicants we received. There are also some great features that help prescreen applicants, which saves us some time in qualifying new applicants.

Juliana Castin

February 2nd, 2021 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I totally recommend to fellow students, it has a great deal of internships and professional opportunities.

Jeff Curtis

February 2nd, 2021 Mapleton, UT

I got the best job I have ever had by searching and applying on Indeed. My employer said he has gotten his best employees there

Ellie Olea

February 2nd, 2021 Chandler, AZ

They have so many options when looking for a job. It’s a really good place to look when looking for a job. I love it.

Tamra Ashby

February 1st, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT

User friendly. It has some nice features enabling the user to really focus on the jobs they would be most Interested in. Easy to submit a resume .

Jazmin

February 1st, 2021 Redmond, WA

Lots of good information about the jobs you’re specifically looking for. Well designed website

applebutteranna Butler

February 1st, 2021 West Wendover, NV

Indeed is a great way to find jobs. I like that they offer so many filters and that they show the wages.

ang

January 31st, 2021 ,

I use indeed all the time for hiring at work. I’ve always been able to find the qualified employees I’m looking for

Trent Ewing

January 31st, 2021 Round Lake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think overall value is what makes Indeed a great tool! Although I’ve used other services with maybe a little better quality of applicant or better rating system, indeed is great because of the price while still getting great applicants!

Lisa

January 30th, 2021 Houston, TX

Great system for finding a job. Got. Lot of hits. Be careful of leaving your number get lord of calls

lscho2

January 30th, 2021 Boise, ID

I was able to find a good temporary jobs during covid to make some extra money I was hired within a week

Chris Benton

January 29th, 2021 ,

I have used Indeed for years. They usually have jobs that meet the requirements I am looking for. Great place to look for jobs.