Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great. I can find jobs really quickly and with no fuss. Easy to navigate.

Kogan Powell

March 18th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

This site is fantastic. I don't know how they work their magic, but it's super streamlined. I've actually had to turn down several job offers because I had so many as soon as I set status as "actively searching". The job I have now was a result of Indeed.

Haley Nemmers

March 16th, 2020 Boulder, CO

Indeed was a great way to get access to multiple employers at once. It was also nice to be able to apply for jobs through the website as well.

Emily Norton

March 11th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

I used indeed to find my last job. It’s very convenient to not have to drive around to businesses to see who is hiring. Indeed sent me notifications when there were new jobs or if a job fit my resume so I could apply quickly. The app is easy to navigate as well.

Theodore Niemann

March 11th, 2020 Boulder, CO

I love being able to apply for summer jobs on Indeed.com. It makes my life so much easier and makes it extremely easy to find places to work temporarily.

Karen Torino

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed helped my find a new job in a new city. There is no complaint about indeed since it shows me everything I am looking for. For the most part, the descriptions provide me with all the information I need. I always go on indeed when I look for jobs.

Myken

March 10th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i Helped my 16 yr. old daughter set up an account with Indeed to assist her in finding a job! The website is easy to use and set her and I emails daily on local Companies hiring! She was able to find a job quickly thanks to Indeed!

Jadon Barre

March 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is very reliable. The site is easy to navigate. Indeed is how I got my first job at Smoothie King

Luis Diaz

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a job for so long and then a friend of mine recommended indeed. I downloaded it and I found my current job there. I couldn’t thank indeed enough for helping me out.

Eric Gagnard

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX

One of the bigger job posting applications. Super simple to navigate and apply to Many job

Jakob barre

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Helped me find 2 jobs in the past that I loved. Helped me put my resume out to many businesses very quickly. Highly recommended for those in the market for a job.

Trey Farner

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I got my first truck, the first thing I did was look for a job and my dad recommended indeed to me. It really was the best thing that I could have done cause I had two interviews within a week. It was also super easy for me to navigate around the website.

Alexa Pitre

March 7th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA

Indeed is a very well used online job board that a lot of good employers post on. 10/10 would recommend.

Tiffany Baines

March 6th, 2020 Akron, OH

Effective for finding jobs that are hiring. But send you way too many options that aren't even an option for me having filled out info for them to firm some profile or experience in jobs and what I'm looking for. Sick if getting all the e mails about jobs that don't apply to be at all

Ellie

March 6th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This site pulled up everything I wanted to see and got me lots of interviews and eventually a job! Super helpful and makes job searches so much easier

Rocio Diaz

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has access to thousands of job postings in the area that are in the industry of work you are looking for. Easy to use and contact employers.

Janie Dennis

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I like this tool because it helps people search for jobs since that is already frustrating to do so. It is a stressful process and this makes it easier. I know it has helped me when I was searching for a job.

Erin Glendening

March 4th, 2020 Pearl River, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is pretty good from a job seekers perspective. But for the employers standpoint it’s pretty frustrating to use because you have to pay to keep an job ad up.

Mike Ika

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great for finding jobs. There are lots of employers offering jobs on their website and Indeed is very easy to navigate. Indeed makes applying for a job very easy.

Dwhoush

February 27th, 2020 Theodore, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is great. It’s easy to use and there isn’t a lot of Junk posts on there. I was able to apply easily for jobs. My current job, we use indeed to hire people all the time. The user portal is very friendly and very easily organizes everything for you.

Tj Black

February 23rd, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed was great when I was unemployed , there emails kept me up to date and in the know of it all. Thanks to indeed I am happily Employed.

Shauna Horne

February 23rd, 2020 American Fork, UT

We used Indeed this summer when my son was searching for a job. We liked its search features and he was able to save his resume and then send it with different job postings. We also get a daily email with job fitting his criteria which is helpful.

Adria

February 22nd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

W typically use indeed four out recruiting and seems to e one of the largest places we find applicants

JDWain

February 22nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great plce to start when you are job searching I have gotten a few jobs from Indeed and you always know exactly what the employers are looking for in a candidate

Kilee Wagner

February 22nd, 2020 Bountiful, UT

Can always find professional jobs on this site. Love that they email you good matches that are accurate.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has been a godsend with its useful job searches. So many options to choose from gets great search results that help me choose and apply for the right job opportunities.

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed helps me find tons of available jobs near me and gives me great resources.

Christina Bliss

February 20th, 2020 Lehi, UT

Currently looking for a job as we relocated to a new State. I have found Indeed to be a good resource for looking for Job postings. It has great search options and you get quick update on new job listings.

Rebecca

February 19th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is awesome for looking for jobs. They offer great recommendations for places near me.

Poundesk

February 19th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Identify is great for finding jobs in my area or across the country. It gives accurate information and is a great way to search jobs in other states. Highly recommend Indeed if you are ready for a change.

Grace

February 18th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had indeed for a couple day’s now but it’s helped me get a job really fast and easy. I would definitely recommend indeed if you are ever looking for a job

Tiffany I

February 17th, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD

Great way to put yourself out there and keep on top of job openings. Constant notification of potential openings.

Briauna Norton

February 17th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My resumé posted to indeed helped me get the job that I currently have. I was notified of an opening that matched my skill set and within a month I was hired. I have been working here for 1.5 years now. No complaints.

JR Suguturaga

February 17th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has a huge job database and the tools to filter and find jobs that fit your description are top-notch!

Audrey Mitchell

February 13th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed had so many options for jobs, thanks to their up to date information and the advanced search options work fantastic.

Camille

February 8th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to search and use for job hunting. Doesn’t send you annoying updates about job openings.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is my favorite job search tool. It has a wealth of opportunity and is considered a strong asset with any the job hunt. It allows for easy searches and can keep you resume online for more outreach. It is simply on of the easiest, best supported, and well liked job portals out there. It cannot be recommended enough. For stability, privacy, and results, I have used Indeed and have been grateful for its job hunting results.

Angelina Hamilton

February 6th, 2020 Gulfport, MS

I really like how there are so many jobs in one place. I just wish there was a better way to narrow the salaries down.

Lindsay

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Indeed has given me many opportunities and enabled me to see which jobs I specifically was qualified for.

Bryndie

February 4th, 2020 Managua, MN

I’ve used indeed a couple of times for job searching and I’ve been satisfied. They have lots of employers to look at and it’s easy to connect with them. Be prepared for lots of emails though

Tori smith

February 2nd, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed helped me find a job quickly by sending me emails and providing a list of options that were hiring

Darbles32

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been on many different job sights and indeed is the easiest to use and has so many options to help you

Taylee Warner

February 2nd, 2020 Nampa, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed has helped me land 2 jobs now! So easy to use. I love it and how their company is set up!

Nancy Paugh

February 1st, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Some of the job openings did not exist, I called the companies. However, more job openings were current as compared to other job site.

Clarissa Crawford

January 31st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is a great place to find a job. It gives many suggestions and it is very simple to use. It is efficient and helpful when looking for a job.

Bonnie Reese

January 30th, 2020 Killeen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While Indeed does send out regular job notifications, there is something users need to know about! I used the resume service so I could apply from their site with my resume, which I only did 3 times in a one year period because the jobs they sent out were not pertinent. So far, so good. Today I was working on my 2019 taxes and found they charged my credit card every single month for the resume that was only supposed to cost $24.99. So it cost me $251.85 instead! I do not remember anything saying this was an ongoing charge, so be careful ... maybe you should figure out another way to find a job! They don't have a help department. Instead of providing a phone # on the credit card charge they used 999-999-9999. This is a practice that makes them appear very shady and someone needs to address it. I deleted my account today and hope the charges will now end.

Juliann Mecham

January 30th, 2020 Managua, MN

Indeed is such a useful tool. The purpose of this job search system is such a useful tool to those in need. It works well.

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN

I have used indeed many times but it has never helped me find a job so I’m not sure how great it actually is.

Madelyn

January 16th, 2020 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is the best job site around It allows you to choose what work you are best qualified for... updates are constant. Through out the and night. Allows you to update as much as u want..

Mickey Mangum

January 15th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently set up an indeed account and instantly has access to several jobs in my area. Then qualifications were always listed and I actually received an interview offer though one contact. It works.