Indeed

Indeed Logo

7.5

Indeed

Huge database, Accurate search results

Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

POLYANA LAVAKI
September 14th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is my go to place when I am job hunting. They are very up to date in posting jobs and everytime i apply through them they call me right away. Which means they are very efficient in getting applications in.

wanda
August 30th, 2018 Saint George, UT

i applied for jobs on Indeed and within a few days i already had interviews set up. i like that they send you a copy of the jobs i submitted to in my email. Indeed is very easy to use with all the information you need.

Robin
August 29th, 2018 Orem, UT

i like them. its Free to the public. easy to search for specific jobs you are looking for instead of going through the entire list of jobs. easy to upload a resume. simple to apply for jobs. definitely have told my friends about Indeed.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

easy site when your looking for a job. you enter your state/zip code and title of specific job you are interested in and it then pulls up a list. You just click the link and each job lists Qualifications, Requirements, Salary, Hours, etc.., You upload your resume and submit. Very simple and easy.

Douglas Larson
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm interviewing with two potential jobs thanks to them! Indeed keeps me posted every day about jobs in the categories I choose. While I haven't used their services as an employer, as one who is searching for a job, they have been great.

Rashida Laumatia
August 28th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Love using Indeed. It’s easy and has so many job listings. I love that you are able to search in different areas. Very helpful when we moved states. I was able to see what was available and have three interviews by the time we moved.

Mali
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

very easy to use. you only need to upload your resume once when you create an account and click a button to submit your application. Very simple and user friendly.

Aiga
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

it use to be really good tool for job searching. i have noticed that they have repeated job listings over and over. i do not see any updates or new job postings. i have received a few calls regarding my resume but not as many as i would have liked.

Jr
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

website is easy to access and read with all the information you are looking for. easy to search and navigate. i like that you can upload your resume once and it stays in your profile. simple and easy.

NT
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Indeed makes it so easy to search for jobs and build a resume. Site is easy to navigate has all the details and information i am interested in.

Kris
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

i have used indeed.com to look for jobs in my area. They list jobs according to cities for part and full time needs. I would highly recommend this to anyone old or young looking for a new job.

Spencer Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

I was recently looking for a job, and used Indeed. I liked the fact that they did provide me with many job openings and it very simple and easy to apply for those jobs. I was not a huge fan of the emails I keep receiving from them even after I found a job. It has been very difficult trying to get them to stop sending me emails.

Katie Young
August 20th, 2018 Charlottesville, VA

I love Indeed and have always gone there first when I'm looking for a job. It is easy to submit your resume, easy to change the job specifications, and just all around easy to use.

Haidyn Houtz
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I found my current job through indeed! I love the app it is so simple to use and it is absolutely free!

Tanner Hales
July 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

By far the best job search site out there. I have always had the best luck with indeed. In my opinion, more companies use indeed than any other. The search and filter features make it easy to narrow down what jobs are the best fit for me. Very easy to use, and definitely my favorite.

Sara Jane
July 17th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

Really the best bang for your buck in posting job openings. Compatible with the new Google Jobs interface.

Rob Whipple
July 17th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

We have used Indeed to find new staff for several years. Much better quality of candidates than through some other sources. Easy to use and reasonably priced.

Joanna Hester
July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

After I graduated with my Master's, I wanted to enter the job market again after being a stay at home mom for 15 years. I posted my resume on Indeed, and the next day, I started to receive emails from employers. I now have two part time jobs with two different employers. I loved that all I had to do is post my resume, and the jobs came to me!

Taylor Siren
June 21st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Indeed.com is a website that insures you will receive job interests in offers.

Stacy
May 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

So easy to use. I have been using this on my current job search.

Cassidy Gundersen
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

I found my current job by using Indeed. I think it’s the most comprehensive job search site out there. It seemed like there were more job listings on Indeed than anywhere else. I’ll probably use it again if I need to look for another job, or if I’m helping someone else find a job.

Krystal
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

This is a great place to look for jobs in a wide variety of locations and fields. Its also great that you can get notifications of job listings that have been posted near you.

Lindsey
December 6th, 2017 American Fork, UT

Indeed is pretty helpful - It has pretty much any job you could want in the area you live in. I've used this website to find jobs, but have not actually had a job I found on this website.

Ken
November 20th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

The UI is horrible, can't figure out how to use the sort/filter options, and the saved email searches don't work, but Indeed has the most jobs and they are typically active and recently posted.

Hayley Lambdin
November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

Indeed has definitely helped me find some cool jobs and I like getting updates on job opportunities. Great resource!

Hyrum
November 6th, 2017 Sandy, UT

I feel like Indeed is one of the best overall sites for job hunting. They have a lot of new jobs posted every day, and unlike some other sites, they are unlikely to be spammy/fake/scams.

Russell Sandman
August 15th, 2017 New York, NY

Indeed customer service is awful, their sales team sold me on posting a job ad for $3K/monthly claiming it would never remotely cost that amount and lo and behold my small business is absorbing the inflated and ridiculous cost of these ads. I will return to my usual equation of hiring through word of mouth and Craigslist or other online sites but would NEVER return to Indeed. Their dishonesty is evident in a litany of additional online reviews. If you are a small business owner or employer - go elsewhere for your hiring. If you are an employee - look elsewhere!!!

Sandra Dubas
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed has some good job postings, but I do not like that I have to provide my contact information on their website. I get a lot of spam emails and calls from them. However, I have found some good jobs on their website and its simple to search from jobs with their filters.

Kenneth Okerlund
June 6th, 2017 Orem, UT

I love using indeed to keep on top of what jobs are available near me. I am able to stay up to date on where everything stands which I love being able to have that information so easily available.

Breanna Jones
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have found Indeed very easy to navigate and find jobs to apply to. I think they are one of the most used job search websites so I see a lot of good companies use them.

Quen Wilson
June 1st, 2017 Ogden, UT

I have used Indeed many times to search for job opportunities in my area. They keep me up to date on opportunities in my area, and will send me email notifications on a daily basis alerting me.