Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Vikti Mehta

November 23rd, 2020 Frisco, TX

Indeed has allowed me to use my location and job preference to search for jobs in my area. It helped me search for jobs in high school. It is not as conducive for me in searching for internships but great for short term jobs!

Steve Banks Jr.

November 21st, 2020 Seattle, WA

Indeed has been an amazing platform to see what different career opportunities are available for me.

Tim H.

November 20th, 2020 West Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

10/10. As a Human Resources professional, I use Indeed quite a lot to market and post job postings. I would say I have achieved a 90-95% fulfillment rate from Indeed over other similar services. Great value for money! And on the other side of things, as a person searching for a position, I love Indeed. It's UI is intuitive and its useful features like similar job postings are amazing.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

I looked on Indeed for jobs, but nothing came up. I think that it was easier to use than most platforms, but it didn't work out for me.

Matt Markin

November 18th, 2020 Kearney, NE

Overall, very well put together designed website except for the uploading of a resume was a bit challenging...

Emily Harrison

November 17th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT

This website made it easier to apply to places in bulk and not have to give the same information over and over, though I never got a job from indeed.

aoelberg

November 17th, 2020 Nacogdoches, TX

Indeed has helped me get multiple jobs. Most people would always think a free site just is not going to cut it but Indeed stands up to the test. I have got several good paying jobs through indeed and continue to use anytime I have to search for a job, or even when I am just mad at my current and seeing what is out there.

Samantha

November 14th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

I have applied to multiple jobs on Indeed.com. I have always appreciated the layout of their website and how they confirm every job you apply to by email. When logged in you can also view the jobs you have "liked" but not yet applied to as well as all of those you have applied to. The jobs on there are thoroughly explained and there is a wide variety of types of jobs on their website as well as distinctions in part-time, full-time or seasonal openings.

Nathan Justis

November 13th, 2020 Smithfield, UT

I like Indeed, but I wish my company had a little higher rating. The ratings seem to only reflect disgruntled people and not the many, many other employees who would likely rate us positively. How could you incentivize people to go on Indeed and leave positive ratings, instead of just capturing disgruntled reviews?

Kristen Gonzalez

November 13th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Indeed to search out applicants for our family business for about the last 5 years. It’s very user friendly not only for the employer but job applicants as well.

Megan Melanson

November 12th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Indeed helps you find a job easily. They send you suggestions for jobs you might like and can make the job search a breeze.

Chelsea Kidd

November 12th, 2020 Logan, UT

I really like indeed. I’ve used it a lot to help me find job openings. Really easy to use, definitely recommend.

Julia Justis

November 11th, 2020 Smithfield, UT

Every job I have ever gotten I have found on Indeed. They seem to have most of the jobs marketed on their site, and their postings always seem up to date.

Elyse Chinnock

November 11th, 2020 ,

Indeed is great! There are so many job listings and opportunities. I am always checking Indeed to see new positions in my area. Indeed gives many different options to narrow your search: full-time or part-time, location, salary, job title, etc.

Lady9

November 11th, 2020 Belleville, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been using Indeed to hunt jobs since I graduated college in 2013. Job hunting is stressful but Indeed made things a lot easier to do. I put in a lot of work on the initial set up and after that, I was able to focus on finding the perfect job for me. Submitting applications was a breeze and I have found my forever career home thanks to the easy phone app. It is the greatest place to hunt jobs for free.

Kristi

November 11th, 2020 Logan, UT

When I was looking for a job the site was very helpful. It was updated often and easy to navigate.

Saranie Wahlen

November 11th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

I have found multiple jobs by searching on indeed. They provide reliable opportunities.

Grant Conrady

November 10th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

I use Indeed weekly to find job postings. I am looking at relocating after college, and I have been using Indeed to search for jobs that fit my degree; the website is easy to use and always gives great results for what I'm looking for. I also love that I am able to search for jobs that are across the country (not just locally).

Scott Billings

November 9th, 2020 Smithfield, UT

I use this to keep my resume up to date, it’s nice to keep in touch with former coworkers.

Katie Elliott

November 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use this site for work and it seems like it has really helped bring more applicants that have great equalities to our community.

Lilly

November 8th, 2020 Logan, UT

When I listed my job I seemed to get a lot of under qualified candidates. And the ones who did qualify were not a good fit. Then I kept getting pestered by indeed to do more with their service.

Jamie Jorgensen

November 7th, 2020 Millville, UT

Was able to find job openings easily. Liked the review and salary section. Would like more reviews

Christine

November 6th, 2020 Shirley, NY

My company uses indeed in order to recruit new staff. We have found many great staff members through indeed! Thank you!

topaztije

November 6th, 2020 ,

I have found my last 3 jobs on indeed. I am not having as much luck right now due to the pandemic, but at least the alerts are fairly relevant.

Nicole Anderson

November 6th, 2020 Logan, UT

I love using this platform to hire new people at work. It is a great way to get the word out and will show employers the applicants' information in an organized manner.

Abby

November 5th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

My husband and I have both used indeed for career opportunities many times. Indeed is easy to use and navigate making it my choice for job searching.

Tracey Pitre

November 5th, 2020 Hazelwood, MO

I really like the site it has plenty of jobs and they actually send you e-mails of different jobs you may be interested in.

Christian Parry

November 5th, 2020 Logan, UT

It’s easy enough to use, but lacks some things that LinkedIn has that make LinkedIn way better. It’s hard to create specific search criteria, at least it was for me. Overall it isn’t bad, just not as good as LinkedIn.

Maverick Denhalter

November 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

I think indeed is one of the best job finding places out there. They seem to be popular among employers. Very easy to search.

Ryan Harpenau

November 4th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

Indeed always has plenty of jobs available to apply to and makes it a quick and easy process. However, I feel like employers see that someone who applies through indeed is applying to many other jobs which they may find unattractive.

Jessica Stottern

November 4th, 2020 Logan, UT

The website has a great selection of current jobs. The site is easy to navigate and gives you options on jobs that fit your profile.

Tiffany Vollmer

November 4th, 2020 Midvale, UT

Indeed it's a great source when hunting for a new job. I did get a bit overwhelmed with all of the correspondence I received from them after working at a new job. Every once in awhile I still get emails.

Olivia Davis

November 4th, 2020 Providence, UT

Indeed was super helpful when I was looking for a job! It was super convenient that is showed jobs that were to where I lived!

Joy Jitomo

November 3rd, 2020 Peachtree City, GA

Indeed had helped me with my job search this past year. I Landed a good paying job through listing from Indeed that they post regularly. Such an awesome job search engine!

Garrett Landreth

November 3rd, 2020 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing. They, help you build a resume, they customize job searches and email available jobs. Employers, can contact you directly, if you choose. You, can add all jobs skills, etc. Really, makes you stand out in your field.

Melinda Taylor

October 30th, 2020 Falls Church, VA

Best way to find a job Easy to look at who is looking at you Just update your resume and wait

Jaida Williams

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Indeed is my favorite job searching website. They are also extremely reliable. I got my first job through indeed. The fact you can apply through their website it a plus too!

Jaii Nevaa

October 29th, 2020 Shakopee, MN

I’ve been using indeed for about two years now and it’s gotta be they jobs I was looking for. The filters are wonderful and very useful. I was also able to create my resume on there so that was a plus!

Phabie

October 29th, 2020 Mobile, AL

The layout of the site is great and it is easy to find job openings. Would be better if it gave the status of applications once it is sent.

Pekeiydra Williams

October 28th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Indeed always keep me up to date on job positions open in my area. I love how when I apply indeed already has my resume and other info saved which makes the applying process so much easier.

Lizzy Puentes

October 28th, 2020 Abingdon, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Indeed is such a great resources for finding jobs. The website and app is easy to navigate with filters to specify wha type of job you are searching for. Each job has a job description and some have the option to apply right on the indeed page.

Jada Guzman

October 27th, 2020 Tampa, FL

Very easy and fast to apply! Sometimes the job listings can be outdated. So they need to start updating their site more often.

Ninety Expert

October 27th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Speaking from personal experience. Nice way to get a job quickly and efficiently

ISMAIL MUSOSI

October 25th, 2020 Kampala, 102

In the very beginning when I was making my career choices in 2014, I visited indeed.com and to my surprise, I found that our industry, the I.T industry had millions of jobs. To be honest, I was able to choose from several jobs. In order to prepare for my applications, I read the job descriptions word for word and also noticed that indeed.com had career advice, salary info and so much more I could use to get the job. I could also apply to part of the team at indeed. Thank you indeed, indeed.com

nicholas james vanderhoof

October 21st, 2020 Plattsburgh, NY

it seemed easy to use. I dont believe i got employment from it. But the platform was html. decent.

Kevin Malone

October 20th, 2020 Washington, DC

What is the point of having this website when there are not enough jobs posted on it? They market themselves well but I have yet to see a job that I went looking for in Indeed.

Michael Rizzo

October 20th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA

Another job and career search I use to see competitors and salary wages. Given ability to see what availability is across the nation in jobs

Wendy

October 20th, 2020 Park City, UT

Indeed is the place to go when looking for a job. It's easy to use and has a long list of jobs to look into.

Anne

October 19th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Great place to find a job. I found my first job because of Indeed. There is such a range of jobs from here. There is something for everyone.

Natalie Gatten

October 19th, 2020 Columbia, MO

Indeed is a great place to look for a job, but when you type in keywords or a specific job it often times pulls up other jobs that are unrelated.