Indeed Logo

7.8

Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

LinkedIn Logo
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right
Glassdoor Logo
#4 Glassdoor chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range
Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed. Post a job for free
  • Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account
Sponsor jobs for $5+/day
  • Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts
For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.
Reach
180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.
Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience
Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials
Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Customer Support
Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

Coined the market for seekers and employers to connect. Indeed to linkedIn is like craigslist to facebook. Indeed is opportunity in posts by area, and linkedIn is a professional profile. Its funny how they are trying to offer what the rival offers more and more. However indeed has provided the connection to 2 major life altering jobs I have acquired and LinkedIn is what I would include as a back up to provide a sort of public or peer verified proof of credential. Together they are great, alone I would choose Indeed, but realistically you should use both. Every other platform is a waste unless they have captured a niche community over an occupation. Indeed- in trying to provide a negative remark or issue with indeed, I can not think of one, they are working their way through things like using your indeed resume to apply for a job, and most let you, I absolutely hate coming across a company that requires you to fill put their specific application and refuse to use the indeed format to make it easier. Not indeeds fault. I do wish they had a better template to provide resume info, or maybe one that can be made to be unique to you. Not using indeed? You must not need that job, Or maybe your tech-challenged and didnt even make it passed the first level of the job interview……. indeed is a platform that naturally filters out the technology incompetent.

1 day ago

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

Indeed has been a lifesaver during the past few months that we have been looking for a new job for my husband. We have used a number of Job Search sites, but Indeed has been one of our favorite. The application process was very easy and we were able to quickly apply to a number of jobs in a short period of time. My favorite part of the service provided is the auto-fill feature included when you upload your resume. This made applying to jobs so much easier in the long run. We will definitely use Indeed again when looking for new jobs!

1 day ago

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have been with this company for the past 15 years or more. I don’t think I have ever had a bad experience with them. If I did, it wasn’t anything that was significant. Because I’ve been using this company for a very long time, I am well-versed in how it works through and through. They do pride themselves on excellent customer service. I could definitely agree with that because the representatives were respectful and kind.

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

I found my current job using this site! The information isn't always up to date but for the most part it is very reliable. One of my favorite features is the site's ability to upload your current resume. All I had to do was click a few buttons to send my information to a possible future employer.

Rob Weekes Yuma, AZ

I like indeed. They send me free emails on a daily basis featuring the latest openings in my area from all sources, including governmental openings. I can even finetune the searches to part-time jobs if I wish.

MamaWalnutz Memphis, TN

I used Indeed many times to find employees and was inundated with applicants, so it is very likely that any company can find bodies for their job openings. I did not like the fact that even though I had strict guidelines in place regarding qualifications, under qualified people continued to flood my email box. I do wish Indeed had a better way of filtering these.

Taylor Lindholm Boston, MA

I have used Indeed as both a job-seeker and employer. Both processes are easy-to-use. Additionally, I like the detailed search functionality and customization allowed to aid in finding employment that fits your needs/wants. Definitely a great resource for both job seekers and employers!

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

The system is easy to navigate. The resume builder is easy. Job offers do come in quickly just as they advertise! And its not hard to get back into if you forgetbyiur password or something its FREE which is always nice i have 9 kids so any release financially is awesome! I like that i can download my email for free as well awesome system!

Crystal F Conneaut, OH

I have used it both to search for jobs and to hire employees. Looking for a job... it’s very helpful. Trying to hire... leads were not the best, very expensive and not a good return on investment.

22 hours ago

Pawpatrol Whittier, CA

Fake jobs by people that sell info to marketing companies. Even if the posting is a real business they can not have the job ad removed. I have called companies to verify they have positions advertised on indeed. They have said no they might have in the past but in the agreement for job postings it says the validity of the job ad is not verified by indeed nor will they remove it if the Ad was not posted by the company. The reason is they pay for clicks on job ads, so if the job is AMAZING then every time people click on the ad someone is getting paid for clicking. That’s just half the scam, the fake job ads are posted by people who sell information to giant marketing agencies. If your looking for a job on indeed you will start getting tons of emails registering career colleges, credit repair, bankruptcy lawyers or contacted by fake companies who then have a lessor known job board they ask you to create accounts for to see this amazing opportunity. I like indeed and it’s skills tests but before the pandemic was bad. If I search office admin there’s tons of them in my city. If I search port dispatcher there’s tons in my city despite my city being no where close to a shipping port that uses dispatchers. If you need a job you should apply on the companies website, it’s the only way to keep your info private.

Ella Endicott, NY

It’s a jungle out there—-they just want your info and don’t care or facilitate you getting the job. My advice— Read indeed and do the searches Apply directly to the company Do not create an account This summer made the mistake of registering, but unregistered due to He many email matches. Got an email the job search was over and it was closed. But then because I felt I was just being pushed around like a number, I went straight to the company site. They interviewed me and I got the job!!!! Yeah! So, you don’t need them, they will leave you hanging. Use them as a “newspaper” and then YOU go get the job.

Steven Bucholtz Oakland, CA

We have used Indeed to recruit for positions in our nonprofit. It has some good qualities but have repeated been flooded with resumes that don't come close to addressing the position we are trying to fill and many of them come without cover letters to explain why the person is a good fit. These are quickly eliminated. There should be better monitoring of the fit of an applicant for a job before automatically sending out a resume for a job the applicant is certainly not qualified for and may not even be interested in. From an employer's perspective this creates a great waste of time when Indeed could be of greater service by doing better matching and screening.

Betmo79 Southaven, MS

I like that you set up the app and then can apply to several jobs without having to apply at each one. The quick apply or apply with resume option is amazing especially when you have a lot going on. I have found 3 great jobs through indeed. I move with my husband's career so I use Indeed often. I also feel like the spam and fake jobs are not on this as much as others. Another bonus is it gives you a lot of information about the company. I am a fan. The only thing I would change is when you get sent to 3rd party sites. I don't like feeling that I could possibly get sent to a fraud site.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I really like indeed because they let me make my resume online so I don’t have to submit another file with my resume they show me who I’ve applied for. Also they recommend current jobs. And you can talk to people through indeed, to set up meetings etc. me and multiple of my friends have found jobs through indeed

Cody Castillo Tucson, AZ

this company was vital in getting me my current job, as well as consistently letting my resume be viewed by potential employers, really good service!

Jamie F Moses Lake, WA

They only allow positive reviews so let's see if this goes through... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL UNETHICAL COMPANY! I interviewed with Indeed (the company itself, found the job on Indeed too). They promised a job created just for me, interviewed me for two days (free consulting) then hired internally. I was told over and over about this job made just for my skill set and me, THEY LIED AND MISLED. Also, the recruiter was incompetent; never answered my questions and sent me a draft interview schedule asking if I could meet at 6am when the final schedule was already sent to me from another recruiter. The incompetent one also prepped me ALL WRONG for the interviews, turns out the hiring manager didn't even know she was prepping candidates. The managers....one was in medical device sales previously, another has a religion degree, another was in nursing...my background is actually in the area and I wasn't chosen. THEY HIRE INTERNALLY OR THEIR FRIENDS. The hiring manager told me she got in because of a buddy that worked there already. I was also told they were expected to meet goals and continue working when huge storms took out their power and water! Sound like somewhere you want to work? They also rejected my review on BBB, clearly they don't want the truth about their organization out there.

B Lemas Boise, ID

I've used Indeed a lot lately. It's a straight forward site that offers job postings and it's free for the applicant. It doesn't mean you'll get the job but it's a great place to start looking. Good luck!

Christian Maxwell Ogden, UT

I like how easy it is to use indeed to find possible jobs that have exactly what I am looking for and I have found the company reviews and feedback to be pretty useful as well.

Bmcinroy Gonzales, LA

It is my husbands and my go-to website for a decade. Every job we’ve had in the last 10 years originated from indeed.com! Easy website to use and upload resumes. We love indeed!

Angie D St Louis, MO

Indeed is my go to for job searches. They provide valuable information and seem to screen their posters sufficiently.

Noah Provo, UT

There was a narrow slice of jobs available, and when I went into some companies to follow up they hadn't checked applications through to app. Okay for initial finding, but not for applications.

COLLEEN STARKE Lithonia, GA

I USE INDEED ALL OF THE TIME AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE JOBS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR AND SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION IS EXTREMELY EASY

Darcel Long Memphis, TN

Indeed send jobs that match your skill set daily and they offer assessment test to increase your employment opportunities

Dawn Venable Atlanta, GA

They always have a great selection of jobs to choose from. They send out emails daily letting you know who’s hiring in your area.

Rachel Davenport, IA

I find indeed not very transparent when it comes to job descriptions and wages offered from the job posted. Indeed has also posted jobs that actually aren’t available and we’re never posted by the original company. I always find my self having to double check the company site for accuracy.

Rhona Leffler Olney, MD

Indeed is expensive, but candidates are typically qualified (due to the "pre-test" process. I am not a big fan of the whole online job search process. I prefer vetting candidates the old-fashioned way.

Elaine Jordan Cincinnati, OH

You get quality job offers.you can decide what job offers you want

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

I absolutely love using indeed to find part-time jobs… It is harder to narrow down the search for a full-time job if you’re looking for a specific trade, however when I look for part-time jobs I always used indeed and I’ve had more callbacks through indeed than any other working website besides LinkedIn… I always recommend my friends and family to use indeed when they’re looking for a new job or just some thing like a side hustle

Mike Grove Atlanta, GA

I love the ease of the website and the quality of prospects I get from the data base.

Samantha Marie Bismarck, ND

Indeed is the only job search app I use. It makes it so easy to filter job by what I am looking for.

Lisa Murphy Newport News, VA

I think Indeed offers a wide variety of employers to apply too. They offer great tools to get the job.

Debra Sims Chicago, IL

I like indeed very well the only problem with them at all is that they send me jobs that is not relevant to me. But I still love them

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Indeed is my go to when searching for jobs! Lots of helpful and relevant listings. They also make it very easy to apply

Phil Murchison, TX

Overall a positive search engine. Gets a little ridiculous with the endless job recommendations that are nothing like your search parameters

hminfo Olney, MD

If you are looking for a job or are trying to hire someone for a job Indeed is a must have item. Its database of available jobs is impressive.

kimberli eicher Bend, OR

Indeed is diligent in sending up to date emails regarding new, personalized job openings. The volume of emails can be overwhelming though.

. Nashville, TN

The site needs major improvement. Users should be allowed to hit just one button in order to apply for employment instead of being redirected to the company website. Need to determine how to prevent phony job ads from being posted as well. I get tons of phishing emails from scam artists after applying for employment through this site.

Rakesh Jain Riverside, CT

Godd job postings directly by hiring companies avoiding head hunters. Job emails can show the same jobs again and again.

Debbie Prevo Dayton, OH

The company I work for uses Indeed and I’m involved with the interview process. I love how the program is set to match up experience with open jobs

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed is a very straight forward website to use. It is convenient to search for jobs and internships and you can filter out lots of different variables and find what your looking for in only a few clicks.

JenniferC Dorchester, MA

I always have a great experience with indeed. Every time I use the website I feel such ease with how easy it is to find new jobs as well as the job suggestions that are provided.

Stephanie Albarran Orlando, FL

I have been using Indeed.com for about 8 years. I love their website it is so easy and simple to use. Every place of employment I have had I have to thank Indeed ! Thank you for being free and easily accessible

Dustin San Jose, CA

I like indeed because there is always jobs on the website worth looking into! They have always provided the platform for companies that return my call after reviewing my resume.

J Highness ,

Great app to find any job in your area or any area of your choosing. I've found multiple jobs with indeed and i always recommend it to anyone who is interested in job searching. Its extremely easy and great to know more information bout a job youre interested in.

Bethany Rockville, MD

I recommended my daughter to use indeed to find her summer interns during her winter breaks and it is a successful experience! We are particularly impressed by the timely job posting.

Lizzy Puentes Abingdon, MD

Indeed is such a great resources for finding jobs. The website and app is easy to navigate with filters to specify wha type of job you are searching for. Each job has a job description and some have the option to apply right on the indeed page.

Lex Midway, UT

I LOVE INDEED i cant even lie, its soooo easy to use once youve set up you initial resume. I don't have to keep making one and all I have to do to apply to all these jobs is press apply! Not only that but businesses can contact me too. I love it

Yeun Childers Evanston, IL

I like that it's a free service for job hunters. I also like the ease of submitting my resume to companies. I like the filters you can use to narrow your job search. My only issue was it took a while to edit my resume, as it would not save my editing.

Dolly Anderson Decatur, IL

Looking for a job can be a tried experience, but when I contacted, indeed too look and help me, once I have the my work history and hour that I willing to go above and beyond, to find the one job the I can Begin they ( Indeed) lead me on my way to interview of choice, I have been thankful.

ryan Provo, UT

We're a small business and I've used Indeed multiple times to hire new employee. I was surprised at how quickly we were receiving applications after paying, and how many qualified applicants we received. There are also some great features that help prescreen applicants, which saves us some time in qualifying new applicants.