Indeed

6.2

Indeed.com is known for its simple web interface, expansive job pool, and popular app. The site was launched in 2004 and introduced its pay-per-click advertising model in 2005. It has consistently been a leader in the job search industry with an average of 180 million unique visitors per month.

#1 LinkedIn Logo LinkedIn ›

7.0

Overall
Score

#2 Monster Logo Monster ›

6.7

Overall
Score

#3 USA Jobs Logo USA Jobs ›

6.3

Overall
Score

#4 Indeed Logo Indeed

6.2

Overall
Score

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Special features
  • Experience
Price Range

Employers have two standard options to post job listings with Indeed.

Post a job for free

• Listing appears in general search results
  • Can accept mobile applications only
  • Manage candidates directly from Indeed account

Sponsor jobs for $5+/day

• Listing appears above free listings in sponsored search results (these jobs receive up to five times more clicks than the free listings)
  • Pay only when people click on jobs, up to the amount set in budget
  • Can reach more candidates through desktop, mobile, and job alerts

For businesses with large numbers or especially ambitious hiring goals, Indeed's sales team can help design a custom hiring campaign.

Reach

180 million people visit Indeed.com every month, and the company has a talent database of over 60 million resumes. Indeed's services are available in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

Special Features
  • Users can operate the salary search bar to find the median salary of all current jobs matching the search query-which could include a mix of skills, keywords, and job titles. This search tool is keyword-based and uses market rates rather than data from previous years.
  • Indeed's extensive resume database has more than 60 million resumes-all of which can be searched and viewed for free on Indeed. Employers can contact their first 100 candidates for free, and then pay $1 per contact after that.
  • Company pages within Indeed allow businesses to build their talent brand for free. Company pages can include photos, stories, reviews, announcements, and other company information that can give job candidates insights about potential employers. Employers can also engage with customers by responding to reviews.
Experience

Indeed was established in 2004 in Austin, TX.

The Bad

• Resources and learning materials
  • Customer support
Resources and Learning Materials

Indeed's learning materials are scarce. Aside from a few job search tips, there is a press room that covers company media coverage and news, and as well as a blog that is about average compared to other job search blogs. We did find one article particularly amusing though: comparing the home city labor markets of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors during the 2016 NBA Finals.

Customer Support

Indeed's help center addresses account issues, job alerts, job search tips, resume file management, and applying for a job. For further concerns, users can submit a request to be contacted via email after declining a few suggested topics. While this is a pretty efficient way of handling queries, Indeed would come across as more customer-friendly if a ticket could be submitted without needing to jump through any hoops.

The Bottom Line

Indeed is a fantastic search engine for both employers and job seekers. Job seekers have the option of selecting different salary ranges as part of the advanced search-an important option that really should be the norm among job search engines, but is surprisingly not! Employers can pay for services in small increments ($1 for each resume contact after 100 free, $5 for each sponsored job posting per day) rather than committing to a full month of services that may or may not be fully utilized.

3.9

Cassidy Gundersen

December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

I found my current job by using Indeed. I think it’s the most comprehensive job search site out there. It seemed like there were more job listings on Indeed than anywhere else. I’ll probably use it again if I need to look for another job, or if I’m helping someone else find a job.

Krystal

December 11th, 2017 Orem, UT

This is a great place to look for jobs in a wide variety of locations and fields. Its also great that you can get notifications of job listings that have been posted near you.

Lindsey

December 5th, 2017 American Fork, UT

Indeed is pretty helpful - It has pretty much any job you could want in the area you live in. I've used this website to find jobs, but have not actually had a job I found on this website.

Ken

November 20th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

The UI is horrible, can't figure out how to use the sort/filter options, and the saved email searches don't work, but Indeed has the most jobs and they are typically active and recently posted.

Hayley Lambdin

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

Indeed has definitely helped me find some cool jobs and I like getting updates on job opportunities. Great resource!

Hyrum

November 4th, 2017 Sandy, UT

I feel like Indeed is one of the best overall sites for job hunting. They have a lot of new jobs posted every day, and unlike some other sites, they are unlikely to be spammy/fake/scams.

Russell Sandman

August 14th, 2017 New York, NY

Indeed customer service is awful, their sales team sold me on posting a job ad for $3K/monthly claiming it would never remotely cost that amount and lo and behold my small business is absorbing the inflated and ridiculous cost of these ads. I will return to my usual equation of hiring through word of mouth and Craigslist or other online sites but would NEVER return to Indeed. Their dishonesty is evident in a litany of additional online reviews. If you are a small business owner or employer - go elsewhere for your hiring. If you are an employee - look elsewhere!!!

Sandra Dubas

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Indeed has some good job postings, but I do not like that I have to provide my contact information on their website. I get a lot of spam emails and calls from them. However, I have found some good jobs on their website and its simple to search from jobs with their filters.

Kenneth Okerlund

June 6th, 2017 Orem, UT

I love using indeed to keep on top of what jobs are available near me. I am able to stay up to date on where everything stands which I love being able to have that information so easily available.

Breanna Jones

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have found Indeed very easy to navigate and find jobs to apply to. I think they are one of the most used job search websites so I see a lot of good companies use them.

Quen Wilson

May 26th, 2017 Ogden, UT

I have used Indeed many times to search for job opportunities in my area. They keep me up to date on opportunities in my area, and will send me email notifications on a daily basis alerting me.