Glassdoor Logo

6.3

Aly Houston, TX

When looking at employers I usually do a quick check on Glassdoor just to see if it is a mess...unfortunately to really get in the weeds you need a subscription. I'd rather just see ads or something than have to pay.

Raven Brodsky New York, NY

Great place to look into salary information, but companies like to tell people those numbers are "inflated." As a person who has shared my salary and see the salary of my peers, I think the companies are lying.

hemant mahidhara Grafton, MA

I have used Glassdoor extensively to research companies and their culture before applying for jobs there or accepting offers. Gives me good insight into the working conditions and growth opportunities.

Bethany Rockville, MD

Glassdoor is very helpful for getting potential employer’s information. I usually search this website for interview questions, salary level, and employees reviews before interview or considering the offer.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I've used Glassdoor multiple times in search of salary information, information about jobs in general, and people's reviews of working at specific jobs. I've never paid for the service, so sometimes I haven't been able to view some things on the site.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I looked into getting a part time job recently that would be flexible with my schedule. My daughter suggested using Glassdoor to look for jobs. While I still haven't found a job that I would like, the website was very useful. I really liked the rating system and being able to see other people's reviews on the companies they worked for.

Colt Lacovara ,

Excellent service that keeps you informed and up-to-date with all of your job searching needs! A great user interface with a multitude of customizable options makes it easy to navigate and find your dream job!

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

Glassdoor is great overall and definitely a go to for me to learn about a company’s culture and decide if it’s the right fit. I think it would be great if they could show a company’s user rating based on different categories of employee demographics.

Corbin Short ,

Glassdoor by far has the most data of any job search site. It was super helpful for me in preparing for interviews for a lot of different companies. As a job search function, it was less helpful because I was typically applying to jobs through company recruiters. But even if it is less helpful to you for finding jobs, it is still helpful once you have interviews lined up.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

I like using Glassdoor for job searching because it does a lot of the searching for you. I put in my past jobs and left reviews for those companies and now it sends me available jobs all the time that actually would interest me. I like that the salary range is often included and that I can see how real employees thought about those companies.

Lee Hutton San Jose, CA

Glassdoor has been extremely helpful over the past 4 years on my tech job search. Showing the honest employee reviews, the benefits the employees receive, and having a birds eye view of what to expect from a company prior to applying has been crucial in my job search.

Ashley Ulibarri Herriman, UT

I always come to Glassdoor to research a company before an interview or even applying to a position, I like that people who have actually worked for a company can leave a review about it. I find that very helpful when looking at company’s culture.

Dalila C. Santa Ana, CA

I like Glassdoor. It is very easy to use and I think they do a good job at matching you with potential jobs that you are interested in. I have used it to look for employment. I do recommend this website for looking for employment!

Melanie Vancouver, WA

I like that Glassdoor shows salary ranges for companies and different industries. This is has really helped me to understand what my expectations should be while searching for a job. My only critique is that the information for a particular company is not always complete. So it is really a better tool for getting a general idea, rather than finding exact information.

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

I LOVE GLASSDOOR! This tool has helped so many people who are looking for jobs and reviews on companies! It also helps many of us have an idea of jobs and careers out there. I have used this and it’s helped me in the ways I described.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Glassdoor is a great job search tool. They have tons of industries in many places across the USA. I like the options for search parameters. And the results from those searches are expansive. The results are displayed in an efficient way making great headway at finding new employment.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Glassdoor alerts me every day of jobs that fit my profile. I like being alerted to opportunities as they come available. I look forward to the day that my dream job pops up and I can be one of the first to apply. Keep up the good work Glassdoor.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

LOVE Glassdoor for job search. It's so helpful to research salaries for jobs so I can prepare myself for interviews and when they ask what my ideal salary requirements are. Very reliable, and helps my job search be successful.

BJ Tenney Woods Cross, UT

I love the transparency that an employee can have about a current employee, or that you can read about potential interview questions. The last few times I've been looking for a job, I checked what people were saying on Glassdoor.

Brennan Orem, UT

So much information to make an informed decision before you apply for any job. It is nice to be able to review a company and hear from actual employees before you get into the process. Glassdoor is a great resource for anyone actively or passively looking for a job.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

What I like best about Glassdoor is the ability to see other past employees' experience with that company. It helps me to know whether or not I should even apply for the job there. We also listed some jobs with our company, and they filled our needs nicely.

Ruth Jeanmary Tallahassee, FL

Glassdoor always helps me on my job searches. The site is very informational!

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

Glassdoor is a very nice way to search for jobs, though I didn't ever get as many replies to my applications as I did on other websites.

Pauline Abernathy Tucker, GA

The company kept me involved with email leads that have helped myself and others as well.

Enoch Hunsaker West Valley City, UT

Glassdoor you s my go-to website for seeing salary estimates. They’re also a decent job search engine.

Joshua Squire Ogden, UT

I find it very helpful when researching a potential job change to be able to see reviews from current and former employees.

Nicole LeBaron Provo, UT

I used Glassdoor while looking for a second job in college. The website is easy to use and lots of options come up, but I always got lots of emails and ads on my computer that bothered me too much.

Brian DeVos Boiling Springs, SC

I really like to level of detail and employee reviews of companies. I don't like that you have to become a member and review your own company to see the details of others.

Alessandra Jacques Charleston, SC

Glassdoor is great for an initial search, but their job recommendation algorithms are always way off, especially for tech industry jobs, which should be their primary area of expertise. Also the reviews can't always be trusted - I've seen how much the HR department at my company manipulates them.

Missy Truth Ankeny, IA

This would be an incredibly helpful site except it asks intrusive questions in required settings to even sign up, information you may want not to disclose. It says its private which makes me wonder what they want that info for. You also have to sign up to even be able to read reviews, which is definitely not helpful for someone without a recent or current work history.

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

Glassdoor is a good idea. It helps you while you are searching for Jobs because you can get reviews of companies. However, whenever I go to glassdoor it doesnt give me the information I would like to see. I think it would be more beneficial if they offered more information. I think it would be more widely used if that were the case.

G Burt ,

Really love the product that Glassdoor offers, being able to understand a company and being able to see what candidates and current employees have to say about the company is invaluable.

David Glauser West Jordan, UT

Glassdoor provided some great info on companies I was looking in to and the salaries of positions I was considering. I also found several jobs I ended up applying for that were listed on Glassdoor.

Diana Miami, FL

One of my favorite sites to look for jobs. I like how many former and current employees can post reviews and you can make a judgement on whether you’d like to work for that company based on their reviews.

Kevin Malone Washington, DC

I have been using it for a while now to search jobs mostly but I've never received a positive response off of Glassdoor. I would, however, keep using it because there aren't many options available and most of the jobs are posted on a very few platforms.

Hurditya Vancouver, BC

Glassdoor is my go to destination to view a company's reputation, employee salaries and prospective career options. It is a very welcoming platform that helps job-seekers and employees the same.

Andrew Hyde ,

My favorite function of Glassdoor is the ability to see actual, anonymous reviews by current and past employees of the companies you are applying to. Being able to see the pros and cons helped make many job decisions for me.

Iris Sanders Denver, CO

I like that Glassdoor is exactly what it says: transparent and truthful! People can really write about their experiences, and be truthful about what it's like to work for a particular employer.

AF ,

I love the idea of Glassdoor, to be able to learn more about a company from anonymous employees. I like you read reviews from people that feel like they be honest and open. Sometimes I would like to see a larger sample size.

Tomas Miranda Orlando, FL

I love the Glassdoor app because it not only provides job postings but also provides salary and company reviews. It is also a great tool to find out interview questions and assistance.

BrooklynWriter Brooklyn, NY

The employee reviews are worthwhile -- especially regarding company culture and leadership. However, take the salary guidance with a grain of salt. I've found they're almost never on point. People don't like to report their true salaries, even anonymously.

Dawn East Tillamook, OR

I use Glassdoor to check companies that I will be potentially working for. It helps to be able to see what other people think about a company I want to work for. I used it when applying with a company in Oregon and am so glad I did!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I love using Glassdoor to determine possible living locations for my future based off different salaries for my occupation. I also love being able to read reviews from different people and seeing their reported salaries.

Roberson Salt Lake City, UT

Using Glassdoor I have received a few job offers, however it often takes a while to get responses. Its incredibly valuable to be able to view and make your own reviews of companies or positions when using Glassdoor to search for a new occupation. I would highly recommend using Glassdoor if you are trying to gain a better understanding of how employees view their own company.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I love looking at the job listings on Glassdoor. I have found their listings to be very accurate, and they have such an easy application process. I was able to find several job options on their website that worked with my location and schedule, and this website actually got me one of my first jobs at college!

Katherine Whyte Miami, FL

There are super useful employee reviews for many different companies that provides you with an accurate idea of the work environment you would be interested in. I have used this multiple times when wanting to gain a better understanding of the companies I apply to.

Jason Brown Lehi, UT

I've used Glassdoor as an employer to compare similar company's ratings and feedback so I can make adjustments to comp and benefits. It also has been interesting to see what former employees had to say about working for me.

Lauren Jorgensen Salt Lake City, UT

Glass door is a great place to look for employment. My favorite feature is the pay scale that they show you other jobs offer. So you know if the posting is of average pay with its competitors.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

i've been struggling so hard because i'm in between jobs right now, but glassdoor has been so helpful with finding me plenty of jobs to apply to! they constantly send me notifications which is very helpful

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

I liked using Glassdoor to get an idea of the culture and environment of an employer. I was also able to submit reviews for my own former positions. The reviews are moderated to guard against false reviews, which is good. I haven't been able to find an actual job listing for my area, but it's great for checking out what the employees are saying.