Dish Logo

Dish

6.0

LAST UPDATED: February 2nd, 2023

Dish began in the 1980s in Colorado as a satellite TV service provider. From that time, Dish has become a Fortune 250 company and is publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Dish also offers internet services through satellite, cable, and fiber optics. Dish is an industry leader dedicated to being on the cutting edge of new technology and providing good value at affordable prices.

View Best Internet Service Companies

The Good

• Nationwide Availability
  • Various Internet Types
  • 24/7 Customer Support and Free Installation

Nationwide Availability

Dish internet is available across the United States. Dish has partnerships with other internet service providers to provide its customers with internet access wherever they live. This is especially convenient for customers who move.

Various Internet Types

Dish offers satellite, cable, and fiber internet connections. The availability of each kind of internet depends on your area. Reach out to Dish directly for more information.

24/7 Customer Support and Free Installation

Dish has reliable internet. Should a customer experience difficulties or have questions, Dish has 24/7 customer support. The company also offers free installation of equipment required for internet service.

The Bad

Call for Area Specific Information

To get specific information on internet speed, availability, and pricing, consumers must enter their zip code on Dish’s website. Next, a specific phone number will pop up. Consumers have to call the number to receive more information.

The Bottom Line

Dish is a great choice for an internet service provider. The company provides excellent customer service and dependable internet. Dish’s partnerships with other companies allow customers to stay with Dish wherever they are.

Interested customers need to call Dish directly for more information about availability and prices in their area.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Dish below.

3.3

gar greiner Colorado Springs, CO

We switched to dish network and it's great. More affordable with the channel s we want.plus there's voice command that is great at nite while watching TV in the bedroom.the dvr has large storage for recording your favorite shows plus on demand for episodes and movies you want.netflix and YouTube have there own channels on the dish netflix.for easy access.and dish works great in the mountains of Colorado.Thanks,G.B.Greiner

Darylle Jefferson Sacramento, CA

Wasn't happy with dish Network at all I feel like I was overcharged hidden fees and terrible reception from satellite antenna two days to get them to come out and check things out to make it right

CEDRIC BEAVERS St Louis, MO

I liked the speed of the internet but it could have been better when the weather is not great but over all I when it's nice outside the speed of the internet is the best out there.

Margaret James LA

Dish started out great, but as the monthly bill increased just about every other month I dropped them. The bill was under $100 and by the time I dropped Dish it was more than$135 per month. Not to mention the black out with other station networks. That did it for me . It was happening to often

Tony's Babygirl Staton MO

Affordable with great channel selection and bundles, internet is good and worth the value!

Tony Lolli

Have had Dish service for almost a year. Service has only been interrupted once due to a nearby thunderstorm but it returned shortly thereafter. On the one occasion I needed to contact Dish by phone, the representative solved the problem in a matter of minutes and also told me how to solve it if it happened again. It never reoccurred. The representative answered every question, was patient and was skilled.

Tomas Tovias El Paso, TX

I enjoyed Dish it was a good option for me when there was no cable service . I disliked on several locations loss of network due to inclement weather.

Michelle Crane Queen Creek, AZ

My grandma had Dish at her house before she passed away and so I would watch at her house with her. I loved the great reception and amount of channels to choose from. Connectivity was very on point and no issues with recording and playing back shows

Shelton Germaine Rogers, AR

I really liked Dish, I had them for many years and had a good overall experience. I used them in several states during my early adulthood. The issue I had was price. I didn't see the value once the streaming services picked up. I could get the same stuff streaming for about 60% cheaper. I would consider using the company again, but not at the rates they are charging.

Dwayne Holland Toney, AL

I tell you what I like about dish and that's the service department. They always arrive on time for me. Dish also has a great variety of package deals that i think is better than the competition. I would recommend dish. Thanks

Mr. John Winter Garden, FL

Dish is the best source of TV viewing that we have come across. They offered us a very fair and reasonable price to install their product in our home, and offered a lot more movie channels than our previous encounters with their competitors. The only sad thing that neither Dish, or the other satelite providers can't fix is when it rains, the cloud cover blocks the single to the dish.

Bianca Youmans Orangeburg, SC

Love dish network fast network highly recommended and will be sticking with this company for a great while

Adrienne Noel Lafayette, LA

I think that dish has the best service when the weather is bad, always staying connected, even in a heavy rain storm, thank you very much

Ladie Lavender Eastsound, WA

Had it for awhile, I don't like that they don't come to take the dish when you stop using the service but overall more affordable than cable

Diogenes DeFawkes Warner Robins, GA

Never had a problem dealing with their customer service. Needed a second box for my bedroom and a tech came out and installed it the next day. No fuss no muss.

Steven Whites Salt Lake City, UT

Dish internet was pretty good, but when there was weather storms your internet connection and TV went fuzzy and off. So you had to wait until a storm had passed. They did link up with AT&T at one point and I never got to try their internet, maybe it didn't have the blotchy/buffering that Dish had due to the weather. But I will say when it did work, it worked well enough to get the job done.

Alexandria Lekberg Woodland, CA

Dish was great when we had it for some years until we moved! The speed was great and we didn’t have too many problems! If it was extremely windy then we had to go turn the dish and then it was fine. We enjoyed our internet while we had Dish.

Teresa Reid Charlotte, NC

Great internet service, internet was fast, with uploads of movies, websites, etc. I had 4 tvs, 4 phones, 2 computers linked to the internet and the speed was good on that many. Price comparable to other internet services.

Life of Frog South Bend, IN

Absolutely horrible service. Yes, the Hopper to record shows is nice, but unfortunately we could only record 2 channels at a time, and if the weather was bad, your recording was all messed up. Anytime it rained hard, the wind blew hard, or snow fell, we lost signal. You couldn't watch anything or use the internet. And the internet was the worst we have ever had! You cannot stream any movies you download. Forget about having strong enough signal to download files from work or the bandwidth to send large files in your email! They are partnered with HughesNet for internet and both Dish and HughesNet are awful. Just shop around for a better internet provider or for StarLink.

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

Dish is a good company for internet. I consistently have great upload/download speeds. Customer service is quick to solve any issue that you may have. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an internet company.

Gina Donofrio

Most satellite companies have trouble keeping service during storms. Dish not only has affordable plans, they also make a strong effort to have uninterrupted service. Customer Service Agents are kind, and lead over any problem no matter how big, or small.

L Turner Avon, IN

I enjoyed the service and channels provided. Their DVR system was pretty good with commercial skip. Like most services prices went up steadily the whole time I was a customer. If you like most of what you watch in one place they are fine, however with more streaming services coming out every day that is hard to do.

Bob Trammell Los Angeles, CA

I contracted with Dish through a local provider in the hope of lowering my cable/internet bill. They had a booth at the local county fair. The installer arrived and did a survey of my home and told me they would install the dish system on my roof, but - couldn't guarantee that they would not damage my roof - couldn't connect to the coax inside my home - insisted they would need to put holes in my walls to the outside of the house and run their fiber along the floorboards I sent them home.

Colvin Doughty

I live in an isolated area in extreme Northern California with no cell service, and little else and what's available is totally unsatisfactory. Dish has provided me with mostly uninterrupted serviocce for my internet and entertainment (TV) for over 5 years. I've never had such service in all the years (over 60!) I've used the others.

Arif Hussain Chandler, AZ

We have used Dish in the past and had to switch to DirectTV. Reason for our switch was their pricing packages and interrupted programs due to cloudy or bad weather. This was deal breaker

M T Chicago, IL

Internet service is less than ideal due to slow speeds and high prices.

Brenda Anderson Waco, TX

I had dish Internet service for two years and I was very pleased with the service. They had excellent customer service and it worked well and had a fast speed.

MNO O GA

Satellite internet just isn’t reliable especially when you live in the Southeast where there are storms most afternoons, May through August. It was dial-up at best and didn’t work most of the time for simple tasks such as accessing email or trying to just buy some things online. After many service calls we just decided that no matter what we do we are not going to get good internet and canceled our service. The cost just wasn’t worth it. Dish tried their best but it all just depends on where you live.

Sheila Stone Niota, TN

I didn't want Dish TV to begin with. It was somewhat pushed on me thru a HughesNet CSR when I was ordering internet. I don't watch TV much so I went with as cheap and basic as possible. Set-up is aggrevating. I guess for the tech savvy they would be fine but not your "average Joe". Now I watch it even less. I think I would like the shows from an antennae better than what I have with a satellite. If they want to improve things the installer needs to have the time to actually set up the entire system so that I can pick up my remote and change channels. KISS

Ben Fresno, CA

Was good until I moved and wasn't able to pay the few they charge for installing the equipment at the new place they will give you free installation when you 1st sign up but charge you $3k to move it and in o there to keep your acct you have to agree to 6 months or more and weather you have service or not you have to finish out the contract

Claudia Williams Ardmore, OK

I had Dish a long time. It worked great and the people that help you when you have problems with Dish are always very nice. It might take a little long with disconnect issues.

Gabe Dominiczak

Great value, mostly the first year. Provided decent service.

Susan Bowes Aberdeen, WA

i had them several years ago and there service was a joke i would call and complain when the service went out which was often and they only offered a few dollars as credit

A Luckner Albertville, AL

I was with dish for 2 years. I had a bundle package. I was restricted to the channels they put together or get charged twice as much by adding one channel. I also was supposed to have one bill. I didn't receive any bill for almost the entire time. I was charged all at once. Not my mistake, yet my service was terminated due to their error.

Sally Tetreault Largo, FL

We had dish for about a year and had nothing but issues. If it rained out cable would go out then if it snowed/sleeted I'd have to go out and scoop out the snow/sleet or we had no service.

George Bryant Cambridge, MA

This is a good company. It's a good internet service and hasn't let me down. I've been happy with them now for quite a few years

Henry Lebensbaum Andover, MA

i had the Dish program satellite. It suffers from inconsistent and poor reception. When i complained the customer service was poor. Eventually, i found a better streaming cable based system that i switched. Unless you have no choice, never get this.

Karen Cunningham Ocala, FL

Dish is a very advanced company and I have had little to no problems with service and reception. I would highly recommend.

Fr. Ron Nuzzi Chicago, IL

I cancelled my DISH service after the promotional period. One, the price went up significantly, and two, every minor storm, rain, or wind caused the reception to go out. When weather is bad is exactly when you need to see reports and warnings. Cable proved more reliable.

Christina Sutu-Wallar Pittsburg, CA

I used DISH services during NFL season and was impressed with their streaming speed and functions of their app on my phone.

Savannah PavoReal Richmond, CA

I was a customer of dish for many years. But during the pandemic my DVR went out and they sent seven representatives one per month into my home to exchange DVRs because they sent me seven in a row that were defective. When I started to complain about it I got nothing but push back. I was given a credit but then apparently because I called to complain too many times they took the credit back even thoughMy DVR never worked properly after that so I went back to the hell that is Comcast

Mark Erwin Follansbee, WV

I had dish three different times when I have moved when I lived in one place the internet was extremely bad they said I live too far out in the country I transferred it it was somewhat better but still very expensive and then I had transferred it again and should have kept the same price as I had been paying all along well they tried to raise it by $40 per month I had to have a total fit on them to get them to reduce it but they still did not reduce it back to where it was

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

Enjoyed our experience with Dish. We always found the customer service department helpful, but the wait to get to a live person was often frustrating. The reason we left the company was because we found another company that gave us great service and product, but was cheaper.

Jesse and MaryAnn Hewett FL

Great and helpful employees and pleasant to deal with so recommend it to anyone

J Allen Pensacola, FL

Started out as a good value, but too many weather outages, rising prices just ruined it .

William McNeel Columbus, MS

Its okay service if you can't get streaming services, generally goes out every time a dark cloud approaches. Billing is generally higher than most.

Bess Wilfong St Louis, MO

When I had Dish, my service was 100% consistent. I thought the cost was reasonable as well.

juan garza Ennis, TX

dish they are unreliable in every aspect, from stormy weather to the billing department there hardware(dish) put a hole though my roof. technicians have no clue or no customer service skills

Debi Swartz Pittsburgh, PA

Very nice company to deal with I believe they try to do there very best to get you a loyal customer a great deal

Ken Williams Denver, CO

Well too expensive on top of losing sports networks like AT&T sports net no Utah Jazz No Rockies No Avalanche as soon as my contract is up I will be looking elsewhere