Dish Logo

Dish

3.3

LAST UPDATED: April 17th, 2020

Dish began in the 1980s in Colorado as a satellite TV service provider. From that time, Dish has become a Fortune 250 company and is publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Dish also offers internet services through satellite, cable, and fiber optics. Dish is an industry leader dedicated to being on the cutting edge of new technology and providing good value at affordable prices.

View Best Internet Service Companies

The Good

• Nationwide Availability
  • Various Internet Types
  • 24/7 Customer Support and Free Installation

Nationwide Availability

Dish internet is available across the United States. Dish has partnerships with other internet service providers to provide its customers with internet access wherever they live. This is especially convenient for customers who move.

Various Internet Types

Dish offers satellite, cable, and fiber internet connections. The availability of each kind of internet depends on your area. Reach out to Dish directly for more information.

24/7 Customer Support and Free Installation

Dish has reliable internet. Should a customer experience difficulties or have questions, Dish has 24/7 customer support. The company also offers free installation of equipment required for internet service.

The Bad

Call for Area Specific Information

To get specific information on internet speed, availability, and pricing, consumers must enter their zip code on Dish’s website. Next, a specific phone number will pop up. Consumers have to call the number to receive more information.

The Bottom Line

Dish is a great choice for an internet service provider. The company provides excellent customer service and dependable internet. Dish’s partnerships with other companies allow customers to stay with Dish wherever they are.

Interested customers need to call Dish directly for more information about availability and prices in their area.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Dish below.

3.0

Colvin Doughty

I live in an isolated area in extreme Northern California with no cell service, and little else and what's available is totally unsatisfactory. Dish has provided me with mostly uninterrupted serviocce for my internet and entertainment (TV) for over 5 years. I've never had such service in all the years (over 60!) I've used the others.

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

Enjoyed our experience with Dish. We always found the customer service department helpful, but the wait to get to a live person was often frustrating. The reason we left the company was because we found another company that gave us great service and product, but was cheaper.

Deanna Myakka City, FL

Good luck even getting service. Moved away and have been able to call different companies to see if they offer internet alone which I haven’t found one that does. Dish representative said he was checking asked for my phone number and address gave that out asked again about internet but apparently that depends on setting up an account first? and they won’t give you an answer until you set up an account with them? No thank you I’ll be happy to set up an account if I know you offer what I want. But you can’t even tell me yes or no about internet. Thanks for wasting your time and mine.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

We had Dish for several years and we loved it. We experienced very few problems and when we did they were fast at getting it fixed. Would highly recommend

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

My parents use Dish Internet at their house and have been the last several years. The network is okay, but not the fastest. Anytime we try to stream, it gets buggy and starts to lag. When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it is a complete nightmare.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

We used Dish internet as a bundle package with tv. Being satellite service, it was especially unreliable in storms, but otherwise good. There did seem to be some buffering issues and slows speeds near the end of the day during times of high use.

jimmidean0079 Greensboro, NC

I am in the north carolina rocky mount area. I contacted dish network for internet service. They said that they offered it in my area and once i entered my s.s. number and let them put a hold on my cc they told me that they didn't offer internet in my area. I took a 13 point hit on my credit for no reason. Buyer beware.

Maggie Morgan Freeport, MI

They have not increased bandwidth allotments to account for the greater amount of bandwidth used by every site now. So, with no change in our time on line or sites visited, we are now always throttled before the end of our billing period. Once we were throttled THREE DAYS into a new cycle, thanks to a big dumper from Microsoft.

Tony Riverton, UT

Switched from Centurylink to Dish and have to say, the quality has been a significant improvement. Not the cheapest option, but reliable.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

We had dish internet in our old home and it worked fine. It wasn't very fast but we were always told it was because we were a new subdivision. When we dropped dish we dropped the internet service as well

Eric

Programming is duplicated x 4 so channel count is a lie. Not enough room to tell what a mess satellite programming is like. Dumping soon, going free.

Denise Huddleston Kea‘au, HI

To much interferance. It is always going out and don't work as long as it is cloudy out. Just not happy with it.

Katherine Dreyer

They are ok, but not outstanding. Customer service is just adequate.

Joy

Spotty service, slow. Equipment failure. Always having to reboot modem and routers

J.R Ashley Grants Pass, OR

Speed is not as advertised, streaming is interrupted

Roger Leach Fort Worth, TX

Has a max of time for the month then slows down badly after that max.