Invisalign is probably the most recognized name in the invisible braces industry. Founded in 1997, Invisalign revolutionized the orthodontic industry with its digital-led Invisalign system. Even now, the company continues that spirit of innovation and is continuously creating new orthodontic technology.

Invisalign has nearly 100,000 Invisalign-trained dentists and orthodontists in over 90 countries. The company has helped over 6 million people transform their smiles, including 1.4 million teens.

We recommend reading through our Invisalign reviews to see what others are saying about their before and after Invisalign transformation and whether or not they'd recommend working with them.

#1 byte chevron_right
4.8
#2 SmileDirectClub chevron_right
#3 AlignerCo chevron_right

The Good

• Benefits of Invisalign
  • High-Quality Products
  • SmartForce Attachments
  • Invisalign Teen

Benefits of Invisalign

There are numerous reasons why people choose Invisalign clear aligners over traditional metal braces. Some of Invisaligns benefits include the following:

• Easily removable — makes it easy to keep up with good oral hygiene
  • No emergency dentist or orthodontist visits due to broken brackets or wires
  • Virtually invisible — clear plastic trays made from high-quality plastic
  • Often cheaper than traditional braces — may be covered by an orthodontic insurance plan

Invisalign is an excellent option for those looking for straighter teeth, without interrupting their life with regular braces. While many other companies in the industry are limited to fixing mild and moderate alignment issues, Invisalign is continually finding ways to fix more complex orthodontic issues.

High-Quality Products

Invisalign creates its aligners using industry-leading technology based on an individual treatment plan. In order for its product to be "invisible," every Invisalign aligner is customized and engineered to fit the patient's teeth.

Using the iTero Element® scanner, patients can have a 3D image of their teeth in just a few minutes. Invisalign prides itself on the fact that it has eliminated the need for goopy molds made from putty. The iTero Element allows doctors to get a high-resolution, interactive image that helps to simplify the aligner process.

Invisalign aligners are also made of SmartTrack® Material. The company engineered the material specifically to help get the best fit possible.

SmartTrack® Material applies a gentle, constant force, helps improve control of tooth movements, straightens teeth with 75 percent more predictability, ensures a snug fit, and reports treatment times up to 50 percent faster.

Invisalign even takes the time to trim each aligner individually, so it doesn't bother the patient's gum line. Every aligner is examined to ensure it meets Invisalign's high-quality standards.

SmartForce® Attachments

Patients with more complex dental issues might want to check out Invisalign's SmartForce® attachments. The attachments are small tooth-colored shapes that are bonded to the teeth either before or during the Invisalign treatment. It should be noted that getting the attachments doesn't require any drilling or numbing shots. They are simply attached to the front of the teeth and when the treatment is done can easily be polished off. The attachments merely give the aligners something to push on and help force the teeth into the right position.

SmartForce® Attachments are generally only used in more complex cases and not everyone who uses Invisalign will need the attachments.

Invisalign Teen

While invisible braces or clear aligners are generally more popular among adults, Invisalign notes that its technology is a great option for people of all ages. The clear aligners with precision wings can help fix class II malocclusions — this is where the upper and lower jaw don't line up. The mandibular advancement feature can help tweens and teen correct overbites while straightening their teeth at the same time.

Invisalign First is great for parents with younger children, ages 6 to 10, to start addressing any developing orthodontic problems. While many parents are hesitant to start their child's orthodontic treatment while they're so young, the Invisalign First clear aligner was designed for predictable results and a positive experience to better address the unique needs of growing children.

The clear aligners for teens have a built-in indicator dot that helps monitor progress. If your teen is wearing Invisalign correctly and for the recommended amount of time, the blue dot will fade. If your teen isn't wearing them as the treatment plan suggests, the blue dot will be visible to your orthodontist or dentist.

Invisalign is a viable option for both kids and teens, as the product is easily removable — making it easier to brush and floss, and the clear aligners were designed to be extremely comfortable — no more discomfort with metal brackets or poking wires tearing up the mouth.

The Bad

• Doctor Visits Required
  • Is Invisalign Right For You?
  • Invisalign Cost

Doctor Visits Required

Invisalign requires doctor visits in order to take an impression of your teeth, make adjustments to aligners, and to make payments. Other invisible braces companies cut out the doctor's visits and work directly with the customer, making the treatment time much quicker for.

Dentists and orthodontists act as a middle man between the customer and the Invisalign treatment. Although a dental professional is necessary for accurate teeth alignment, they do complicate the process when customers have to make regular appointments.

Invisalign suggests scheduling regular appointments with your doctor every four to six weeks.

Is Invisalign Right For You?

One of the most attractive features of invisible aligner providers is that most of them offer in-home teeth assessments and remote-doctor directed treatment, a foreign luxury to conventional braces. Invisalign works exclusively through individual dentists and orthodontists.

Those looking into getting clear braces can fill out Invisalign's Smile Assessment questionnaire to see if an Invisalign treatment is a viable option. However, Invisalign warns that the Smile Assessment does not replace the need for a consultation with a dentist or orthodontist, as only a trained Invisalign provider can determine whether a customer is a good candidate. While this is helpful information to know, it would be more useful if Invisalign stated whether the company offers a free consultation or not.

Invisalign Cost

How much does Invisalign cost for you? Invisalign advertises that the only thing its invisible aligners have in common with traditional metal braces is the price. Unfortunately, the price is the worst part about metal braces.

Invisalign could cost you anywhere from $3,500 to $7,100, without insurance, to straighten your teeth.

The Bottom Line

Invisalign is a great alternative to metal braces and a top contender in the invisible aligner industry.

While the company is the oldest invisible aligners provider in the industry that hasn't slowed its progress. Invisalign is continually introducing innovative technology and eliminating outdated, undesirable steps in the aligner process (no more goopy, gross tasting putty molds).

Patients working with online invisible aligner companies are often limited in the extra features aspect. Since Invisalign patients are working with a trained orthodontist or dentist, they often get a more personalized treatment plan. With Invisalign, complex orthodontic cases can determine if SmartForce® Attachments are needed either before or during the treatment plan. That's something other invisible aligner companies don't offer.

However, even though Invisalign offers impressive features and new technology, it comes at a price. The average cost for Invisalign braces is between $3,500 and $8,000. While insurance may cover some of the cost, it is significantly higher than other companies in the industry. Invisalign also doesn't make any mention of additional expenses such as replacement trays or how much its recommended Vivera® retainer will cost. While the final cost may vary depending on the Invisalign provider (whether that be an orthodontist or dentist), it would be helpful to customers to know a ballpark range of what the total cost will be.

Scroll down to read real customer Invisalign reviews or

View Best Invisible Braces Companies

Alyssa Boren

October 10th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a lot easier to deal with than braces. You don't have to worry about changing what you eat since you can take the Invisalign retainers out while you eat. It's a very convenient alternative to braces.

Vanessa Moffatt

October 7th, 2019 Lakewood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used this in high school only had them for a little over a year. My teeth changed so much and they look amazing. I get so many compliments on how pretty and straight my teeth look.

Jennifer Bachan

October 3rd, 2019 Dalton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best money I have ever spent. I had braces when I was a kid. I was in a car accident which ruined the smile I had braces on for for 4 years. Now my teeth are straight and wonderful in less than 6 months.

Ellen Morris

October 3rd, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After I got my braces off and needed to choose a retainer, I chose Invisalign because I knew it would be timeless and I could feel confident wearing it during the day if I needed to. It has served me well and kept my teeth straight! My only issue with it has been that the plastic wears down when you grind your teeth and I have had to replace one of them.

Leila Devine

October 1st, 2019 Fairfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm 50 and wore braces as a teen. Lost retainer so teeth went slightly crooked. Invisalign corrected my smile in 7 months. I highly recommend this process. The brackets work with the trays, saw progress right away.

kristin Gneiting

September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a lot older and really didn't want traditional braces. I asked my dentist about Invisalign and thought I would try it through the mail. I was surprised that my dentist said that he does Invisalign right in his office. I am currently using invisalign and so happy that I am. I see a difference already in my teeth, and its so convenient! My insurance covers invasalign and its been such an easy process so far!

Mary Margaret Maloney

September 24th, 2019 Bonita Springs, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had my Invisaligns for about a year. The only complaint that I have is that there have been 5 sets of trays that have been very rough ... not a smooth finish. It has been very irritating to my tongue and the inside of my mouth ... to the point that I could not ware them like I was supposed to. You would think that as much as they cost, their Quality department would of inspected and rejected those trays.

Ted Johnson

September 22nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am currently using Invisalign for my teeth and it has been easy to do. I only take them off to eat and I can still go about my daily routine without the awkward look of braces. Especially for someone older like myself. Checkups are easy and I feel the progress.

Ashley Gneiting

September 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my Invisalign! My dentist recommend that I use Invisalign for my needs instead of traditional braces because of my busy lifestyle as a volleyball player. I love that I can just go see my dentist too to have him help me with my needs and not see a special orthodontist. It has kept the fees down and my teeth are looking great! The convenience is wonderful and my insurance has covered the costs like it would traditional braces! Its been a great choice for me.

Danielle Warren

September 5th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely loved my experience with Invisalign! The entire process took less than planned, it was very simple and I had amazing results!

Campbell Blair

August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved my invisalign and it was the best option for me. It was done quicker than I thought and they did a great job.

Scotlynn Blair

August 27th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved my invisalign! They barely hurt, they came off sooner than expected, and don't ever have to pay for teeth straightening again because you can still use them.

MsNovak

August 20th, 2019 Embarrass, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Invisalign may be slightly more expensive than cheaper aligners, but that extra little bit is SO worth it! The attachments are a positive, not a negative, they help your teeth move, and fast. Plus, if you don't have the exact results you want, you get another set for free. Why would anyone NOT want to see an orthodontist in person?? I'm so thankful I am, he assessed that my teeth will move after the aligners, so he will put in a wire to hold them in place. For free. He is monitoring all my progress, he's very honest, and is making sure I get the very best experience from Invisalign. I am SO impressed! The aligners fit very well, they are not painful at all, and they are beyond durable. 1000% recommend!

Terra Stanko

July 5th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son uses Invisalign and he loves it. Paying for it monthly is super easy to handle. A lot better then just regular typical braces and about the same price. Very pleased with the way my son switches every week or so, and how smoothly it runs.

Courtney Eames

June 23rd, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love that I can get a beautiful smile without the metal. They are made for you and I love it.

Olivia LeBaron

June 23rd, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s a very good product and it’s a lot easier than braces. But it seems too expensive for what it is. Still I think the little micro movements are better for teeth than braces, for about the same price.

Jason

June 22nd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm very happy with the results of these invisible braces. They worked well and I liked how easy it was because they were sent right to me.

Shanae Boully

June 22nd, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to get a very small correction done on my bottom teeth because the small overlap was being bothered by my top teeth. There is still a tiny over lap but I do not have pain anymore which is really nice.

Paige Baldwin

June 22nd, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wanted my teeth straighten but didn’t need full on braces. My dentist recommended Invisalign and I love it! It worked so great and my teeth were straightened out in no time.

Braden Stanko

June 19th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

I personally have Invisalign and I love them. Super easy to change them when its time. I like how I don't have all of this metal on my teeth. Crazy how technology knows the way my teeth are going to change over time.

Kaitlin Ashcroft

June 18th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just got done using Invisalign and I loved it!! It’s definitely up to you to see good result and be motivated to wear them but it’s totally worth it!!

Lilly

June 15th, 2019 Logan, UT

My husband had Invisalign and it looked so much better than braces. It took 2 years till his teeth were where we wanted them to be. But when I had braces it took 2 years as well but I looked funny. If I had to do that again or my teeth moved. I would for sure do Invisalign.

Haley Baldwin

June 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Invisalign after I’d previously had braces. I felt it was affordable and it also worked great! I would highly recommend

Whitney Stanko

June 14th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

They actually work! I was always curious of how they worked! It’s crazy what technology and how The ortho can plan and map out the movement of your teeth! Every time you switch to a new set they fit your teeth. Obviously a little cause it’s changing your teeth but it’s crazy! And the price is about the same as regular braces! Love love love

Maryn skinner

June 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just stared using Invisalign and hav loved it. I have seen results in the few weeks I have been wearing it and love how it’s not as noticeable as other braces.

Brittany Bray

June 9th, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got Invisalign a year ago and have loved my results. Anyone debating on getting Invisalign or not , do it! You will love it.

Jaylene

June 3rd, 2019 Holcomb, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I first saw an advertisement for Invisalign on the internet, however I didn’t think very much of it until one of my friends told me about her experience with it. She went on and on about this service that fixed her crooked teeth without the look of braces. I was hooked as soon as she said that. I talked with an orthodontist as well and they highly recommended it. Invisalign saved my life, it was so easy to figure out. The “retainer” was completely clear so nobody ever noticed that I was wearing it. In just a few months, my smile was perfectly clear. I couldn’t be happier.

Tracy Hill

June 2nd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought Invisalign for my daughter a few years after she already had traditional braces because her teeth shifted. Since she was older, she wanted clear braces so we opted for this company. We were very pleased with their system and customer service. It was expensive, but she was very happy and confident with them

Brenda

June 2nd, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Invisalign for nine months it has been a very difficult process I still have two more years to go. I would not recommend Invisalign or this type of product.

Dale L Farmer

May 30th, 2019 Littleton, CO

They say they do more than they can. They say they can do complex cases when these types of cases need traditional braces.

Rylie Crandall

May 25th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was pleased with Invisalign’s customer service. All of my questions were always answered

Rianne

May 22nd, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved this I'm so glad I did this over getting braces it was so easy and it still holds.

Katherine Benton

May 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved that my daughters teeth are straight. I also like that they are good about the after care and if my daughter needs additional Invisalign after she was done with the last set.

Craig

May 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had heard great things about Invisalign but I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they are. My Invisalign braces have been so easy to wear and not noticeable at all. I would gladly pay the price again knowing the amazing results I have gotten.

Reese

May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am currently using Invisalign and they have been great so far. I don't notice that I have them on and they stay in place and do the job they are supposed to. They are easy to take off and put back on and I can still talk like a normal human being.

Dean

May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife got Invisalign braces and she couldn't be happier with the results. She was confident whenever she wore them because they were literally invisible. The cost is affordable and the process is easy!

Ashley

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just started my invisalign at age 50! I love the convenience especially when playing sports. Most people don't even know I have them in. I've noticed great changes already and am so excited I don't have to look like a teenager wearing braces! You only are suppose to have them out about 2 hours a day and I'm realizing how much I snack on foods, maybe I'll lose weight too!

Gary Rohrbaugh

May 6th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My daughter loved Invisalign. It was very easy for her to wear them without embarrassment.

Morgan

April 15th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did a few sets of trays with Invisalign after having braces. It was reassuring to visit an orthodontist’s office. My front teeth weren’t completely aligned, and my retainer was created to that stage. I am now pursuing a more affordable route to correct that slight misalignment.

Larry Hawker

April 13th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Invisalign works best for people who already have relatively straight teeth or if they had braces in the past. The system will not work to pull teeth down or to push them in a little deeper for a nice even look if that is what is needed. However, it will slowly correct minor alignment flaws if worn as instructed. The quality of the service and result will depend a lot on your dentist. It will not do a good job on teeth that are really crooked.

Brett N.

April 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thoroughly enjoyed my Invisalign experience. As a professional that wanted to keep the distraction of braces out of the business conversations I have daily, the Invisalign system is a remarkable product that met that need. They also fit well and are much more comfortable then braces.The only downside I experienced with Invisalign is that if you have teeth that need more than average rotation, Invisalign is not the best option. This is less of an indictment on Invisalign or the technology, but more a word of advice to those who think it's the answer if you have teeth that have rotated or gone too sideways. If relative minimal impact on lifestyle, look, and your teeth are not needing major work, they are a great option.

Reevkah Hokanson

April 8th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Invisalign made it really easy for me to get straighter teeth!

Shana Walker

April 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoyed using Invisalign! I always was self-concious of my smile and the thought of getting wired braces made me feel even worse. I decided to get Invisalign. It is really pricy but I say it was worth it for me and my situation. I like how you could easily pop them back on and off and continue throughout the day. I would wear them religiously until my last few trays. But by then my teeth had straightened out pretty well.

Charlie Scott

April 8th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started Invisalign about 2 months ago. My first step towards a straight smile was actually having back braces for about a year. Once those were removed I started Invisalign with rubber bands. I have LOVED my experience so far! I had a slight lisp for the first week or so but little to no pain. I visit my ortho. every 6 weeks and am given 6 new trays. I switch to a new tray every Friday! My total, including back braces was about $4,800.

Alex

April 5th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved having Invisalign! I never had braces as a kid, but always wanted to correct my teeth, even though they didn't give me any problems. I chose to get only a top tray, and got it fixed in just under a year. The process was easy as long as I followed my orthodontist's recommendations. Highly recommend!

Maureen Kinghorn

April 5th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVED Invisalign! I had to get braces as an adult and did not want metal brackets for a year and a half. My orthodontist recommended Invisalign. He said they would get me 99% of the way there and that I may need to have regular braces for the last month or two. (We were fixing a bite issue for me - not straightening teeth). Well that last 8 weeks with regular metal brackets was terrible! I don’t know how so many teenagers handle it. They cut into my cheeks, etc and we’re so painful. I never had any of those issues with Invisalign. I’m so happy with the choice I made. They did the job, we’re not painful and looked so much better.

Peachfuzz

April 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wasn't seeking out orthodontic work but my dentist asked if I'd be interested in trying it out to fix a very crooked tooth in my smile line.

Kenneth Okerlund

April 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Invisalign several years ago, but it was rather expensive at the time. However, it did its job quite well. I mainly only wore them at night (even though you're supposed to wear them during the day) because I didn't want to have to carry a toothbrush around to brush my teeth every time I ate anything (you were supposed to brush your teeth before putting them in and if you didn't there could be some nasty buildup). Worked well, and I just use the final pair as my retainers for when I sleep now. Every time I go to a dentist they compliment me on how straight my teeth are, so I would say it did well.

Daniel Rasmussen

April 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Invisalign took about 7 months to finish the initial set of trays and then 2 refinement treatments (extra 3 months) which my ortho offered free. Very happy with the results. Consistency is key though.

Natalee Christensen

April 4th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had pretty complicated teeth when I used Invisalign. I had braces when I was younger and then I was told I needed them again. So my orthodontist recommended Invisalign and it worked out really well for me. I really liked having to see the dentist often so that I knew my teeth were on the right track. With my complications, I was glad I had the chance to see the dentist often to check in and make sure my teeth were still progressing like I wanted them too. My teeth are still great to this day and it’s been over 5 years and there have been no complications since.