Visa ID Protection Logo

Visa ID Protection

Is This Your Business?

Founded in 1970 in Foster City, California, Visa is a financial institution that serves a wide variety of customers all over the world. The company has processed more than 100 billion transactions with total volume exceeding $6.8 trillion. Visa offers identity protection services to its cardholders at no additional charge.

The Good

• Zero Liability Policy
  • Internet Surveillance

Zero Liability Policy

Visa offers its cardholders a zero liability policy that protects against potential unauthorized charges. If a charge is suspected to be unauthorized, it will be put on hold. Once a charge is confirmed to be unauthorized, the cardholder will be reimbursed for the transaction.

Internet Surveillance

Visa scans private and public databases for suspicious activity. If any fraudulent action is detected, the company will alert customers immediately.

The Bad

• Service Limitations
  • Identity Recovery

Service Limitations

The identity theft protection services offered by Visa are severely limited when compared to those offered by other companies in the industry. For example, Visa does not provide credit monitoring, family plans, or antivirus software.

Identity Recovery

Visa does not offer much in the way of identity recovery. For example, the company does not provide medical recovery, criminal recovery, lost wallet services, or insurance coverage.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a financial institution that offers its cardholders identity protection services for no additional cost. The company provides internet surveillance and a zero liability policy, but does not offer credit monitoring, lost wallet services, or insurance coverage.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

5.0

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

I love my Visa ID Protection. I love that its a service with my visa credit card, combined in my billings. I like how I am safeguarded all the time from identity theft and for an economical fee.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

I really appreciate Visa's active approach to ID protection. When I had fraud on my Visa card, they were quick to stop any further intrusions. They also helped to fix the fraud quickly and protect my ID.