Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PrivacyMaxx is an identity restoration company. PrivacyMaxx's number one priority is to protect the privacy of its customers.

#1 NortonLifeLock chevron_right
#2 IdentityIQ chevron_right
4.1
#3 Complete ID chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Family Plans
  • Identity Theft Insurance

Family Plans

PrivacyMaxx offers both individual and family plans in order to cater to consumers who want to protect both themselves and their families.

Identity Theft Insurance

PrivacyMaxx provides its customers with up to $25,000 in identity theft insurance. In the event of identity theft, this policy covers and reimburses individuals for expenses related to the theft, including up to $5,000 in lost wages.

The Bad

Lack of Services

When it comes down to it, PrivacyMaxx's services are relatively limited. The company does not offer credit monitoring; internet scanning; financial account monitoring; financial, medical, or tax identity recovery; or antivirus software. In addition, it is unclear whether or not the company offers assistance with preexisting conditions or limited power of attorney.

The Bottom Line

PrivacyMaxx offers family plans and identity theft insurance, but its services are limited. The company does not offer credit monitoring; financial, medical, or tax identity restoration; or antivirus software.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

1.6
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Robbie beneventi

October 7th, 2019 Chicago, IL

Horrible. Signed up for 30 day free trial. Realized I was covered thru life lock. Called to cancel. They offered to lower the price to $6.95 a month and I could put family members on it. Agreed to this. Then I got a letter saying they would be charging my account 19.95 a month. Because of this I again decided to cancel. Still within my 30 days. I have called 5 times, was told wait would be more then 5 mins. I was ok with that. I was then told to leave a message. I did. They hung up. After doing this 5 times and still not gotten a return call, I mailed them a cancellation letter. Horrible customer service.

Connie Willow

September 26th, 2019 Millerstown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay away from PrivacyMaxx. I spoke to Hosea to cancel and still get phone calls and then a letter saying they will be taking $ from acct. Most of the time they are not available. They hard sell coupon pkg and gift card & say you can cancel anytime but ignore your request to cancel. And all you get are useless coupons.

OMSB

May 13th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL

I honestly do not remember to sign or authorize any service with this company. I received a letter on 05/11/2019 that my supposed 30-day no obligation trial will expired on 05/13/2019. I call on 05/11 and 05/13 and the representative just tell me I am going to receive a call I never received. I am expecting where the $24.95 charge will be debited to dispute that charge. Seems like a SCAM!!!

BRIAN R CARLSON

May 2nd, 2019 North Reading, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Privacy Maxx will not answer the phone or cancel subscription by voicemail. This scam company should never be used

Bonnie Wirth

November 8th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a wonderful professional and compassionate company. They helped me with all my ID security needs, answered questions that I didn't have answers to just overall friendly and professional company, with a knowledgeable staff! I would recomend them to everyone!!

Sherry Whitman

March 22nd, 2017 Escanaba, MI

I work at an Area Agency on Aging and just helped a 80 year old client cancel this product - she had no idea what she signed up for or how it worked. Not only that, but they sold her some shopping club as well, taking a total of $25 out of her checking account each month. They say she sent in a postcard asking for this (after they offered a 'free' $100 shopping voucher) and that is how they got her account info. This company targets seniors and sells/shares their information to other entities. This poor woman gets many, many calls and cards a day now from companies trying to provide her with'free'gifts - all in attempt to get her money. This is not security protection, its a big scam preying on the elderly!

John Poe

February 23rd, 2016 Albertville, AL

I don't even know how I was signed up for this, but am being charged $19.95 per month for something I did not order and did not want.

Rich

December 11th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I have had this serviice for 5 years and any time I have had an issue, Privacy Maxx has always been there to help. Great Product.

Carol stone

August 13th, 2015 Wheaton, IL

i am unable to get into any web sites relating to products, services and promised free gift for trying this service for 30 days. All web sites are unavailable which means to me the company is a phony and will rip you off -take your payments and pocket them without honoring any terms and conditions to their policy. Redeem my free gift for the restaurant discounts and send them to me immediately then I may change my review.