The former Head of Organized Crime Section, an FBI agent, Secret Service agents, a U.S. Marshal, three detectives from the Texas Rangers and the Police Department, and a former Chief State Prosecutor decided to take identity theft into their own hands and launched KeepMyID. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and donates 10 percent of its profits to charitable organizations.

#1 NortonLifeLock chevron_right
3.9
#2 Complete ID chevron_right
3.8
#3 IdentityIQ chevron_right

The Good

• Continuous Fraud Alerts
  • Legal Representation
  • Education

Continous Fraud Alerts

While most identity theft companies merely monitor accounts, KeepMyID goes one step further and places fraud alerts on its customers' credit profiles every 90 days. When a new account is opened, the application is temporarily blocked until the user's identity has been verified. According to KeepMyID's website, the FBI claims this step alone will reduce chances of identity theft by more than 80 percent.

Legal Representation

KeepMyID assigns each of its subscribers a private attorney as a personal representative. In the event of identity theft, this attorney works to recover losses.

Education

In addition to the services that the company performs, KeepMyID also protects its customers through education. It teaches its subscribers tips on how to avoid identity theft and keep personal information safe.

The Bad

Inadequate Information

KeepMyID provides minimal information on its website and instead urges consumers to call for more information, which can be frustrating and inconvenient.

The Bottom Line

KeepMyID provides its customers with continuous fraud alerts, legal representation, and educational resources. However, the company provides little information on its website.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

5.0

Karen

October 4th, 2013 Memphis, TN

As a lawyer myself, I am particularly aware of the value in having former law enforcement professionals in charge of this company. In most other companies one has no idea who is in charge or what their background is. I have had absolutely no problem since signing up with KeepMyId.

Jeff

October 3rd, 2013 Dallas, TX

Thankfully I have not been the victim of identity theft, but if/when it happens, I'll be glad that these guys are here. I really like that when you call, you get a real, knowledgeable person (usually the owner!) to answer your questions. I have no doubt that in the event of an ID theft, these guys are going to go to work and clean up the mess!

Doug H.

October 2nd, 2013 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Having been a victim of credit card fraud multiple times, I was concerned about the trend of increasing identity theft. Credit cards are one issue, my identity is a concern of greater magnitude with more dire consequences. I signed up with this company over two years ago and have had no fraud or identity theft issues. In fact, I have a high level of confidence that they will protect my identity and there will never be a need for the recovery service (thank goodness)!

Nick N.

September 19th, 2013 Winter Park, FL

While taking a popular financial planning course, it was strongly reccomended to sign up for protection with recovery. I shopped around and calling this company I actually got to speak with an attorney to verify the service. I registered 2 years ago and havent had any issues at all. My spouse is covered as well.