LAST UPDATED: April 28th, 2020
As of February 2016, Identity Vault no longer appears to be in business. Despite several online investigations and attempts to contact the company via email and telephone, our Review Team was unable to obtain any concrete information on the current state of Identity Vault. The following review reflects the company's offerings when it was still in operation and may be inaccurate or out of date.
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Identity Vault offers pro-active identity protection. Identity Vault's service model is based on its core belief that prevention is better than detection when it comes to identity theft.
- Affordable Services
- Comprehensive Tools
Priced at $14.95 per month or $159 per year, Identity Vault's services are affordable for most consumers.
Identity Vault's comprehensive protection plan includes several tools and features designed to prevent, detect, and restore a stolen identity. These include:
- ID Monitoring — alerts consumers of fraudulent attempts to use their identity, including financial, criminal and medical identity theft
- DataWatch — monitors known black market internet sites and databases for personal information
- $25,000 Loss Insurance
- Underwritten by AIG
- Zero deductible
- Covers up to $5,000 in lost wages ($1,000 per week for five weeks)
- Covers child care and elder care expenses directly related to restoring one's identity
- Covers postage, notary, and re-application fees for any loan that may have been denied as a result of the identity theft event
- Covers the attorney fees incurred in restoring one's identity following an identity theft event
- Lost Wallet Service — has personal information securely stored online and readily available in the event of a lost or stolen wallet
- 24-Hour Call Center — gives customers access to two US-based, 24-hour call centers
- Total Service Guarantee — promises to fully restore a subscriber's identity at the company's expense in the event of incomplete identity restoration
- Options for Identity Restoration
- DIY — customers receive a packet that includes information and detailed instructions so that they can perform their own identity restoration
- Complete — professional identity restoration specialists perform all necessary identity restoration steps steps for the subscriber
- No Credit Monitoring
- No Opt-out Options
No Credit Monitoring
Identity Vault does not offer credit monitoring. While the company backs up its reasons for doing this, some customers may still prefer to at least have the option to take advantage of credit monitoring.
No Opt-Out Options
Identity Vault does not give its customers the option to opt out of telemarketing calls, spam emails, or credit freezes.
The Bottom Line
Identity Vault offers a number of identity protection tools for an affordable price. However, the company does not offer credit monitoring or opt-out options.
View Best Identity Theft Companies
Was this content helpful?