The Home Service Club is a nationwide home warranty provider and the winner of the 2015 and 2016 "Best in Service" award and the 2018 "Editor's Choice" award. The Home Service Club specializes in a variety of different home warranty types and offers comprehensive plans, as well as an additional Utility and Service Line coverage, which expands beyond the walls of the home. The Home Service Club prides itself in having its own supply chain of household systems and appliances and ensuring all equipment provided is brand new, fully warrantied, and up to all codes and requirements. The company has a growing service network of over 10,000 technicians nationwide and describes itself as a leader and innovator in the home warranty industry since its founding in 2008. The Home Service Club is currently headquartered in New York City.

The Home Service Club Promo

The Good

• Customizable Coverage
  • Real Estate Packages
  • Nationwide Service
  • Positive Reviews
  • Auto-Registered Online Account
  • Time in Business
  • The Home Service Club Cost

Customizable Coverage

The Home Service Club offers a variety of customizable home warranty plans with optional add-ons. Specific coverage details will depend on what plan you choose and what systems and appliances you decide to add on to your plan.

Home Systems Warranty

This is warranty coverage meant to cover the normal wear and tear of common systems within your home. You file a claim and then The Home Service Club will send a local technician to diagnose the problem and schedule any necessary repairs or replacements. The specific systems included will depend on your chosen home warranty plan. Home systems available for coverage are listed below:

• Air conditioner
  • Plumbing stoppage
  • Water leaks
  • Gas leaks
  • Pest control
  • Whirlpool motor and pump assemblies
  • Alarm wiring
  • Telephone wiring
  • Smoke detectors
  • Whole house, exhaust, and attic fans
  • Sump pump
  • Doorbells
  • Instant hot and cold water dispenser

Home Appliance Warranty

• Built-in microwaves
  • Trash compactors
  • Food centers built-in

Optional Add-ons

The Home Service Club allows customers to include individual add-ons to any home warranty plan. All offered add-ons are listed below:

• Pool coverage
  • Roof coverage
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Spa
  • Water softener
  • Sewage ejector pump
  • Sprinkler system
  • Freestanding freezer
  • Refrigerators built-in units with dual compressors

Utility and Service Line Coverage

The warranty provider also has an optional utility line coverage. This is an additional package you can add on to any home warranty plan. This package includes six parts listed below:

• Outside water line
  • Outside electric line
  • Outside sewer line
  • Sprinkler system
  • Outside gas line
  • Grinder pump

Real Estate Packages

The Home Service Club has three specialized real estate packages exclusively for real estate transactions, whether it be for a real estate agent or a home seller. Customers can purchase all real estate packages in one-, two-, or three-year terms, as well as customize them with additional warranty coverage options. There is consistency among all packages, which means there are no differences in the conditions of the coverage; all fine print and conditions remain the same among all of The Home Service Club's RE-Pro home warranties, regardless of what is covered. Available real estate packages include:

• RE-Pro Basic - Covers the major appliances and systems in the home that are the most costly to repair or replace, such as the heater, the air conditioning, the water heater, and the plumbing system
  • RE-Pro Standard - Includes the repairs or replacements of most items in the RE-Pro Basic plan, as well as other common household systems and major appliances, such as garage door openers, garbage disposals, and ceiling fans
  • RE-Pro Comprehensive - One of the most inclusive and popular plans in the industry that includes all items in the RE-Pro Basic and RE-Pro Standard packages, in addition to other items such as pest control, sprinkler lines, doorbells, etc.

Nationwide Service

The Home Service Club operates in all 50 states, making its products and services easily accessible to most homeowners in the United States.

Positive Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, it's important to find a company with quality reviews to demonstrate customer satisfaction. The Home Service Club complaints are limited, and the majority of its reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Home Service Club reviews highlight quick and efficient service contractors, quality customer service, and affordable prices.

Auto-Registered Online Account

After purchasing a plan from The Home Service Club, an online user account is auto-registered for the customer, providing them with an email, a username, and a temporary password. The warranty service provider gives the customer a link to their account, and all the customer has to do is reset the password to one of their choice and they are ready to access your warranty plan information online. Having an online account is convenient and gives you 24/7 access to manage your account, including checking and updating your coverage, changing any preferences, and downloading your warranty agreement. An online account can give homeowners an additional peace of mind knowing they can always check in on their home warranty.

Time in Business

The Home Service Club has been in business for more than a decade. This can be a benefit to homeowners because it indicates that the warranty service provider is experienced and versed in the home warranty industry and knows how to provide excellent service.

The Home Service Club Cost

A Home Service Club home warranty costs $419 on average per year for a basic home warranty plan. Prices will increase if you have a more extensive plan. The service fee for each technician visit can range between $65 and $95, depending on the plan you have. Similar to most home warranty companies, The Home Service Club requires a one-year contract length.

The Bad

No Upfront Pricing

Although The Home Service Club offers an estimated minimum payment, there is little information regarding upfront costs on yearly premiums or deductibles. The Home Service Club requires personal information such as address and email before a customer can receive a specific price. However, this is quite common within the home warranty industry and having more information allows The Home Service Club to give customers more accurate and customized pricing information.

The Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers service nationwide and has attractive features such as labor recall and various home warranties for real estate packages and regular homeowner coverage. There are additional benefits, such as The Home Service Club's auto-registered online account and online claim process that is available 24/7, making it simple for customers to manage their home warranty plan any time.

Various home warranty plans are available as well as optional add-ons so consumers don't have to pay for a completely different plan if they want to add just a few individual appliances or systems to their current plan. The Home Service Club is definitely worth a look, especially since it has various warranty plans with customizable coverage and has won multiple awards for its service.

You can read The Home Service Club reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current warranty reviews note The Home Service Club is a great value for your money at an affordable cost. Consumers highlight quality customer service and quick and efficient service technicians.

Call our recommended rep over at The Home Service Club below.

The Home Service Club Frequently Asked Questions

How does The Home Service Club’s cost compare to other home warranty companies?

With The Home Service Club, you get more bang for your buck — more coverage for less money.

How long is The Home Service Club’s contract?

The Home Service Club offers monthly and annual plans to meet all homeowners' budgets and to provide peace of mind.

What is The Home Service Club’s cancellation policy?

The Home Service Club's policies come with a full customer satisfaction 30-day money-back guarantee. Customers are able to cancel at any time. All plans meet all state regulations for cancellation of a home warranty.

Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?

No, The Home Service Club does not require a home inspection as a condition of purchase.

Is there a limit to how many service requests I can submit to The Home Service Club?

No, The Home Service Club does not have a limit to the amount of claims that can be placed.

Does The Home Service Club provide real estate home warranty plans?

Yes, The Home Service Club has plans specifically designed for real estate transactions. HSC has three plans for homebuyers and free home warranty coverage for home sellers with our free listing coverage.

Is The Home Service Club available nationwide?

Yes, HSC offers coverage in all states except Wisconsin.

Are The Home Service Club reviews positive?

Yes, with over 15,084 positive reviews on various websites, HSC prides itself on customer service and has won multiple awards for best in service and customer satisfaction.

Clara Joseph

December 9th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had my ceiling fans fixed and my attic fans also. The contractors make it a point to always leave with a clean work place. Love their job! I have been a loyal customer for 3 years. At first there were major setbacks with their service, but in time, they really proved me wrong a bunch of times with a great improvement in each claims process. I will now be extending my contract for 2020. Their sales rep are so nice btw. These guys are just getting better and batter. Way to go HSC! I am a proud client.

Dec 11, 2019

We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs. Sincerely, Hugh Morgan

Charles B.

January 9th, 2020 Jersey Shore, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In HSC you can easily budget your money. Because the price that the HSC show is not expensive and it's a light weight to the pocket.So if you are planning to fix your appliances on your own just don't do it. You just need to get your phone or telephone and call the HSC! They will go to your house in an instant and fix the broken appliances that you have. Me being a member for 3 years and hsc never disappoints me.

Jan 14, 2020

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements. Sincerely, Nancy Hamilton

Stephen Johnson

September 25th, 2020 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't waste your money with them. Their telephone customer service sucks. I called to pay my bill and update my credit card information. The representative told me they can only take payment with the card on file, and they aren't authorized to change the card on file. I would get a call back in 24-72 hours. I then asked to cancel my account. They would send in a request and I'd be contacted in 24-72 hours. I asked for a supervisor. I was told there aren't any "In the building." They would put in a request to a supervisor. They would call me back...IN 24-72 HOURS! There are 25 home warranty companies all offering the same thing. I will find one that strives to make the experience a good one for their customers. I asked them about a refund for what I had paid; I'm paid up for another month after the first of next month. The rep told me that any questions about refunds are handled by the cancellation department. She would send in a request, and they'd get back to me...yup, in 24-72 hours.

MMP

September 22nd, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I personal paid for Home Service Club policies on three homes, based on these reviews. This company is a complete scam. They didn't cover a garbage disposal that was jammed because they called it improper maintenance. They require pre-authorization (and your copayment) and a separate claim for every instance, and then DENY THE CLAIM AFTER YOU'VE PAID YOUR FEE. I thought I was getting replacement value and instead it's depreciated value which is next to nothing. BOTS MUST BE WRITING THESE REVIEWS. One star is too many but this interface does not allow zero.

Sep 23, 2020

Good Afternoon, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

markus cooper

September 14th, 2020 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company. Stay away! We submitted a service request a month ago for a sprinkler leak. Since then, apparently due to Covid 19 they’ve had a difficult time finding a provider. I had to call them to find this out. Once I called they set me up with a plumber and gave me their info. I called and made an appointment but this plumber says they don’t do work any longer with HSC because of how they miss treat their customers. I contacted HSC and they told me they would reach out to the company to get the quote and get my repair started. Since then I’ve called in several times in the last 2 weeks and the tell me they need more information from the company and they’ve tried calling them many times with no response back. Strangely when I call the company they answer right away. The plumber informed me they sent HSC the quote anyways and HSC has told me they need more information but cannot tell me what. I’ve asked for any documentation that a claim is even open and they tell me they cannot provide me with that information but I need to just trust them. I’ve asked to speak to a supervisor and apparently once they submit the request for a supervisor which takes 24-72 hrs that our call would automatically disconnect. They also tell you no department can directly speak to any other department. Only requests can be submitted for a call back from any department. I’ve done this but none ever call back. This company seems like a scam and I plan on getting down to the bottom of it.

Ann

September 2nd, 2020 Clarksville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not return phone calls. Customers are waiting weeks, even months for service. The customer service reps cannot answer any questions and only say someone will call back. Reps give fake names and extension numbers if you ask for their contact info. They lie and tell you something isn't covered when it clearly says in the contract that it IS covered. The contract states you must go through arbitration, not sue in court. However, when you contact the Arbitration Association that is listed in their contract, they tell you they no longer arbitrate for The Home Service Club because they refuse to abide by their rulings when they lose.

Sep 03, 2020

Good Afternoon Ms. Ann, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Larry Seifert

September 2nd, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a terrible experience with this company. The A/C went out when the temperture was 90 degrees. Called HSC and they contacted a repair person. When I didn't hear from that person, I called him and the repair person advised HSC should have contacted him because his schedule would not permit him to come to our home. I tried SEVERAL times to contact HSC, but could never speak to a representative. I ended up calling a heating and a/c company and paid for the repairs out of my own pocket. Wroye a lengthy letter to HSC explaining everything and have NOT received any calls, e-mails, or reply to my letter, let along any refund for the repairs or for cancelling the policy. I will NEVER deal with this outfit again. I plan to contact the Attorney General's Office and then an attorney.

TOM SMITH

September 1st, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased their best warranty, paid out of closing proceeds by my attorney. After 11 1/2 months, I had a small problem with our refrigerator, so I contacted them. First, they said they had no record of payment. So, I had the closing attorney send copy of check, front and back. Then they said it was not in "pdf" format - it was. Then, they said it would have to be handled by a supervisor. They never called back. I called two more times before realizing I have been "had". Questioning payment after 11 1/2 months of owning the agreement? Arguing about the format of proof of payment? Failing to call after passing up the chain of authority? DO NOT purchase this service agreement unless you want to throw good money away.

Sep 01, 2020

Good Afternoon Mr. Smith. Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Kevin Neider

August 13th, 2020 Millville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give zero stars I would. I signed up for 2 years of contract when we bought our house. First issue happened in april when our computer module fell out of the stove. The stove still works but it took them 2 months to tell us they couldn't get anyone to come out and they would give us $100 to purchase a new stove. There's nothing wrong with it so we left it alone. Then our ac breaks in june/July and they deny us after waiting for over 2-3 weeks claiming there's rust and corrosion which I didn't see. Nor did the tech say anything about that being the reason. I contacted the tech and they said do to the age they recomend putting in a new system. I brought up what hsc said about rust and he said there could be inside but he didn't see anything. The tech also didn't do his job with doing a compression test or anything, just instantly said new system and quoted me for $5800. Then the HVAC department had the nerve to call me with a quote for $8000+. I requested a supervisor call over two weeks ago and have called the HVAC department daily since I spoke to the tech who told me he doesnt know if it's due to rust. The customer service line is useless and can't put me in touch with anyone, they just do internal messages. I have someone else coming out to actually test and possibly fix the system. I've already waited way over a month in almost 80-90 degree weather to get my air fixed. This company is a bunch of frauds and a scam.

VK

May 19th, 2020 Naperville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been subscribing to the comprehensive coverage for the last 5 months. My water heater has a major leak all over the basement floor. It's been 72 hours no response to multiple service requests. Never get through customer service line. No call backs yet even after repeated calls. An extremely frustrated with the lack of response and access to support.

Sep 01, 2020

Good Afternoon VK. Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance. Thank you in advance and we look forward to getting this issue resolved.

Hasan Abbas

March 9th, 2020 West Hartford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company I have dealt with. Pathetic customer services. They will always come up with an excuse to not cover a claim. After writing this review I was contacted by Sophia from HSC. Offered me full refund which I gladly accepted.

Mar 09, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor that was able to address all of your concerns and we are happy to have gotten this issue resolved. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Adam spring

March 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They refused to fix our furnace , but did agree to refund purchase price of warranty

Mar 09, 2020

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with our product. Please feel free to reach out to the Supervisor that you have been in contact with should you have any further questions and or concerns.

sakti

February 21st, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please do not buy home warranty from them. It is useless. Please save that money to spend if anything goes wrong. Few months back, we had some issue and they did not take care of it. Once I wrote a bad review, they responded immediately and took care of the issue and even asked me to take down my review. So I just ignored it since they took care of the issue. It has been almost a year, now I had reported another issue with my appliance. In the first place, you have wait for at least half hour on the phone every time to get hold of someone to talk to. and secondly, they have worst set of technicians working for them. If the issue is bigger they probably keep dodging until you get tired and take of the situation on your own. Warranty is supposed to work in case of emergency or to save money. HSC does not help with both. I wish I had more time to talk to a lawyer and sue this company. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

Marylou Long

February 17th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Repair man did a very big help today. He fixed my AC in just an hour or two. The customer rep I've talked to was also very courteous. Very professional service. It took quite long to get the serviceman to my doorstep but that is just the way things are i guess. There's still room for improvement

Feb 21, 2020

Margaret Logan

February 17th, 2020 Mill Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dryer went down today. I called assistance from Home Service Club and they were very responsive. They said a repair man will help me fix my problem. And repair man did! He was very skillful.

Feb 21, 2020

ST

February 13th, 2020 Dearborn, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is not even a legitimate business. They spin you in circles. Turnover is very high so if someone actually takes your call they won't be there in 3 weeks. A complete waste of money - nothing will get done!!

mikeB

February 13th, 2020 San Carlos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Huge waste of time and money for me. Signed up for their policy a couple of months ago. Urgent need comes up. Spent a week trying to get past their 48 hour limitation (on the phone they claim it is 48 business hours or 4 days, not what it says in sample contract ) . Finally got to someone, spent a week trying to get them to schedule service. Finally, they just rejected the claim - they do not cover this or do not cover that. It says black on white in their contract what they cover and now they claim they do not cover it. Two weeks of trying to call them - all for nothing. I can't even cancel this policy online. All their online site has is my contract payments. Nothing about past claims or calls - you can not even find claim history.

Dave Loder

February 11th, 2020 Allentown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am absolutely discouraged with the support from this company. The Home Service Club Warranty Customer service is absolutely disgraceful. I have worked in Customer Service for over 30 years at all levels and I would be completely embarrassed if this was the service being provided. I truly do not understand how this company could possibly have this high of rating (generally 4.5 Stars). So far here is what I have gone through, and still going since my issue has not been resolved. January 24th, I submitted a service request online. I received no response, no confirmation, no communication at all. January 31st, I call customer support and was informed that the request was mis-categorized and had to be closed and a new one opened. We opened a new Service Request and I was informed I would be contacted once a technician was assigned. February 7th, I call Customer support and was informed that their entire system was down and they would call me back, again no response. February 9th, I sent an email requesting update. February 10th, while on hold with their customer service number I finally receive a call back. This time I was informed a technician was assigned on January 29th and that I had to call them. February 11th, I contacted the Company that I was given and had an interesting conversation with the owner. First that company does not service my area. He did recall an email but received no follow-up call informing him of a request. This I was told was the standard practice. I was also told that he rarely works with HSC. If you look at the timeline it is obvious that the assignment on the 31st was for the cancelled request. So here are my questions: Why would you contact a technician that did not even service my area? Why was I told that this technician was assigned when the request associated with it was closed? Why did the Customer Service Representative give me incorrect information? How did they not know what the status of my Active Service Request was? Why was kept being told I would be contacted and end the end I have to do all of the calls, reaching out to not only HSC but the technician as well? Most aggressively when I asked if this is the timeline I could expect if this was an emergency like a failed water heater or Air conditioner during a heat wave, I was informed that HSC is not an emergency services company. I have also asked to have a supervisor call me but I suspect that will never happen either.

Mar 09, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Service times are not guaranteed and while we always try to be as fast as possible, and often are, we do rely on local service providers. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor that was able to address all of your concerns and we are happy to have gotten this issue resolved. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Eliana

February 10th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My first time filing a claim and I had an awful experience. My dishwasher broke and they offered me $50 to replace it, which doesn’t even cover the cost of the dishwashing detergent, ridiculous. When shopping to change home warranty company, they told me that they replace like for like and feature for feature, that is not the case here, I have an stainless steel GE profile dishwasher and they were offering a $50 replacement value. This was even worse than my previous home warranty. Don't even bother getting this warranty, it will be a pain

Nathan

February 4th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have been waiting almost four weeks for them to fix my installed microwave and every other day it is another excuse. They need my home inspection to file a claim (not according to their website). It is cheaper to replace the microwave and they don't cover that (not according to their website) They told me their salesman misspoke about them replacing appliances and they have been having to deal with that a lot lately. They will give us $75 for the appliance. The technician needs their approval to buy the parts, then they call us and tell us they verified it is under manufacturers warranty, and we call the manufacturer and it is not under warranty. Then they misstate the issue to claim it isn't covered. They won't send me documentation of why it isn't covered. I requested a manager over a week ago to contact me but still haven't been contacted. I am curious if the favorable reviews posted online are actual customers. Today (2/4/2020), I was called by the supervisor Sophia who stated they don't replace appliances (not what your website states, I would call that fraud). I was told my 2018 microwave was valued at $0. When I look it up online it costs over $350. Absolutely terrible.

Mar 09, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with the product purchased for you and if the purchaser misinformed you of what our product offers. For this specific product that was purchased for you, a home inspection report is needed, as we offer perks to new homeowners. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Elena P

February 4th, 2020 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

**Update as of 2/4/2020!! Bribery and Harassment! I cancelled my membership with this company after catching them in lies and not getting claims resolved. Now a Sophia keeps calling me and promising to refund me what I paid thus far in membership IF I go and mark the poor reviews I left earlier as "resolved". I am sorry if this is not bribery, I don't know what is. She is saying that I have to do this BEFORE she can get an approval to refund me my money, otherwise the underwriting dept will not approve it due to a poor review unresolved. Unbelievable! What a disgrace! Do not get involved!** Left a review 3 days ago and today I received a call from HSC supervisor telling me that my claim was DENIED because their Fraud department flagged my account due to a negative review!!!!! What?? This is outrageous!! This company is punishing consumers for less than perfect reviews!

Mar 03, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need any further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Dissatisfied Customer

February 3rd, 2020 Yorktown, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After speaking with an HSC customer representative, Sophia R, I am satisfied with their response to continue this contract and have the next service call customer cost waived. Ms R provided sincere regret for previous issues. ———— My contract needs to be cancelled immediately. I believed I was paying for a home warranty service - instead, the two times it was utilized (AC Heat and a dishwasher) the service from HSC was very sub par, I ended paying more out of pocket for those instances as there was always a loop hole for them (HSC) to gauge additional money for the supposed worry free replacement components. It took 8 weeks to have a broken dishwasher replaced - of which I ended up spending as much money to buy the unit and ended up paying the installation costs as well. I have found several reputable repair contractors avoid going through HSC - I now understand why!!! If and when I get hold of a representative -they state they do not have a corporate office and cannot manage to resolve issues at any level. I have started diverting as many people as possible away from HSC. I may seek legal counsel to take action to cancel this policy immediately. I will be talking to other military base personnel to spread the word about this company being a total waste of hard earned money.

Mar 03, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We are happy that the Senior Supervisor was able to get your issue resolved. Should you need further assistance please reach out to her directly. Have a wonderful day.

Jose Gabaldon

February 3rd, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT believe the good reviews. I purchased my home in January, Come July I had a problem with my AC after about a month I got response they would not cover my repairs "due to pre existing issues" I filed a second claim during that time on our second AC unit and same response. I still had to pay a deductible twice that did not go towards my repairs and I still had to cover repairs on my own so they actually cost me more money. They covered nothing! After doing research I found that MANY others has the same response as I did "pre existing issues" stay away from them and sister company Axiom. ************ UPDATE: the company has reach out to me and agreed to cover one of the two claims I put in. Issue resolved

Aug 19, 2019

In this case, the issue at hand was not subject to coverage and the liability is zero. Customer signed up with two bad systems. It is important to note that we are strictly a home warranty company and do not offer services such as home improvement, general contracting, upgrades, or remodeling. Our contract is extremely clear on what is and is not covered, and the agents were just as clear on the telephone. His unit was known to be installed improperly and not maintained to manufactures standards. Making this a known issue and should not be covered. The customer's unit was failing while it was owned by the previous home owner. The home inspector indicated just these facts on his report. We understand that is no fault to the customer, however when running the unit, installed improperly with lack of maintenance, causes the unit to struggle while causing damage and remotely sabotages the unit. Per the contract we are not responsible or liable for any systems or appliances, that are installed improperly and not maintained to manufactures required standards. Customer is fabricating false statements against indisputable facts and is attempting to bully us into giving him free expensive things that he is not entitled to and, again, was never told are part of coverage. His contract is available 24/7 upon sign up, and a sample contract is available 24/7 online prior to sign up. Despite the systems being completely not subject to coverage under the customer's policy, customer was offered significant assistance and a generous courtesy towards the replacements. Furthermore, we in good faith to help the customer, approved it for the maximum cap immediately and provided the customer with all of the information. The customer refused. Unfortunately we are not able to go against policy and allow fraudulent attempts and false, fabricated statements to change the product that we offer. The claim is approved as a courtesy and ready to proceed as soon as the customer is ready. We apologize the customer is not happy , but our company did nothing wrong and has attempted to, and continues to attempt to assist the customer. If the customer insists on disregarding the contract (the product they themselves purchased), and simply ignoring our responses - it is not the fault of our company or our agents. We are strictly a home warranty company and follow our contractual obligations and services. This claim is closed.

Drusilla Parker

February 3rd, 2020 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far, everything has been good and my experience with Home Service Club has been excellent. Their reps are very smart and very nice. Technicians are very skillful.

Feb 04, 2020

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements. Sincerely, David Lee

Lee Williamson

February 3rd, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used Home Service Club a long time ago and we had a good experience with them. So, when we bought a new house a couple of years ago, HSC was recommended to me by the Realtor, we went with them. Signing up with their service again has been very easy and quick. I was given a login and was told I could go online. Always an easy deal with HSC!

Todd

February 3rd, 2020 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total waste of money. I had a refrigerator go bad two weeks before Christmas and could not even get a technician to look at it. Wait time for call in was over 30 minutes when they would answer. Promised call backs but never did. Total run around on the phone. The web site did not work and they do not respond to emails. Finally bought a new refrigerator with no assistance whatsoever from HSC, Use the money spent on this to buy a new appliance.

Felicity Poole

February 1st, 2020 Happy Valley, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've been with Home Service Club for a while now. So far, we have used it a couple times and we're happy with it. We had them send technicians to repair our hot water heater, sump pump, and a garbage disposal.

Annabella Kennedy

January 26th, 2020 Estherville, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were skilled and polite. Overall, having a guaranty on your property is effective because it offers you peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong, you've got one thing which will lookout of the matter. I'd suggest them.

Jan 30, 2020

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time. Sincerely, Josh Briggs

Leslie Patrick

January 26th, 2020 Odessa, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wouldn't trade them with anything else! Ive been the happiest with their excellent service. Im gonna recommend them to friend who's also planning to purchase a condo unit.

Julius Elliott

January 26th, 2020 Placerville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good and quality service! Highly recommended to everyone who needs a home warranty! A washer that I bought in sears 2 years ago was fixed and now functioning like a brand new unit thanks to the experts that HSC had sent. Quite impressive..

KL

January 18th, 2020 Bethany Beach, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the coverage in July, switching from another company that I didn’t think did a very good job of communication. Little did I realize I should have stayed with them despite the significant price increase after the first year. My toilet was leaking at the base on a Sunday. Calling was no good, so I entered a request for service on-line. By Monday afternoon I heard nothing so I called. “They’re working on it” and by the way we need your “disclosure form the seller” provided when you bought the property. Why?? She said it was not holding up my service. I couldn’t find it from a year ago when we purchased the house so I let her, know and in speaking to the salesman who sold me the policy he said I didn’t need it. About an hour later I get a message from someone else in customer service saying they wanted my “home inspection report.” No one ever told me that was required. I located it and sent on last night. It’s now Tuesday afternoon and I’m still waiting for service on my toilet. And right now I’m regretting buying a 3 yr contract!

Apr 09, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Service times are not guaranteed and while we always try to be as fast as possible, and often are, we do rely on local service providers. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused. We have not been able to find your contract as you have not provided it to us, however, we are happy to hear you were in contact with a supervisor and we hope she was able to answer all of your questions and or concerns. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly or provide us with your contract number.

Martha Johnson

January 16th, 2020 Copperas Cove, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a small problem in the beginning, but Sophia R very kindly took care of everything we were concerned about. She was very helpful, andwe thank her.

Abigail Bradford

January 14th, 2020 Moses Lake, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There was a miscommunication but I got happy with the effects in the long run. I needed a leaking tube in my roof so I named that Thursday and advised Home Service club essentially what my difficulty was. An tech called and guaranteed ahead out that evening but never arrived and never known as again. The very next day I called HSC and explained, "Hey, I certainly have not heard again from the contractor that guaranteed ahead out yesterday". So HSC dispatched someone else by Friday from the local company plus they were fantastic. He saw that which was wrong, the fact that pipe wore away and he explained how to proceed and then Mon he'd be again. That quit the damage therefore i was pleased with that. Mon he returned and repaired it. Good Support!

A. Palmer

January 14th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a good plan this is. Never really had a warranty plan for my residence before and didn't believe much about any of it. Signed up as a result that it sounded great and my pal signed up with me also. Almost forgot I had it when my boiler discontinued heating. Just got a nine hundred dollars repair done onto it and everything I paid had been my deductible! I'll remember i have it now, absolutely worth having.

Caitlin L.

January 14th, 2020 Ashland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were just so fantastic!!! I rang them up them on Thursday Morning hours when my AC received faulty issues. They could actually get an incredible company to greatly help me within a day. I was completely impressed on how fast everything was initially solved. The only real issue I needed was that I had developed to hold back for over 10 mins before I had been attended to. I cannot thanks them plenty. I Really suggest!

TMB

January 10th, 2020 Chantilly, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience. I have been trying for three weeks to even get the name of a repairman. Worst of the worst

Kevin

January 10th, 2020 Hopewell, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From beginning to finish, nearly no time has passed whatsoever. We filed a claim to really have the HVAC unit checked out at our renter's submission. Renters were alerted and called. After a comprehensive check, a component was purchased and a scheduled appointment produced at renter's comfort to really have the part changed and the machine fully operational once more. Would definitely suggest both the home warranty company along with the servicing company!!! Nuts fast and useful!

Arthur Mathews

January 9th, 2020 Auburn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you HSC for fixing my appliances before the holiday rush! It's worth paying you that monthly premium for times like this. A job well done HSC! I will surely recommend you! Being the best home service fixing company to all of my friends. Kudos to Home service Club!

Carol C.

January 9th, 2020 Hinesville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I shared it to my friends that the HSC is the best! And they try it. And they are shocked to what they experience this 2019 because there appliances are repaired and replaced in no time without the hassle. Another job well done HSC! I am glad i wasn't wrong in sharing the word about ya'll. I will surely recommend you to my families and friends when they need help in fixing their systems for 2020. Thank You HSC, it was worth it recommending you!

Ingrid

January 7th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the WORST home warranty company I have ever dealt with, and I deal with several in my profession. I submitted a claim a month ago for a toilet that wont flush, and it is still not repaired. When I call the HW company to get a status update, I am placed on hold for 18 minutes to only be prompted to leave a message. I have left 4 messages and finally got a call back after the 4th to tell me that the plumber should have been in contact with me. When I called the plumber, he said that there are no open work orders for this address. When I called the HW company again, you guessed it....18 more minutes on hold to be prompted to leave a message. Very very disappointed.

Joshua H

January 6th, 2020 Chino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HSC is the one i can recommend to everyone. They are a trustworthy company! Continue to do a job well done! My exhaust in the attic was fixed in 2 days without me spending a single cent. All of my friends kept telling to just youtube the solutions and all but i was smart enough to just let the pros do it for me. Kudos to you! HSC everyone! the best home service i know!

Paul N.

January 6th, 2020 Hope, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last time i had trouble with my refrigerator.. the light doesn't work even though i already changed the light bulb. But thanks to HSC! it was fixed right away because of them. Kudos to all polite employees of Home service Club!

Peter Sparks

January 2nd, 2020 Webster, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kudos to HSC! Thank you for always doing your job properly! I highly recommend home service club to all my friends at the school PTA. They are very responsive. The personnel are so polite. Thank you Home Service Club

Barrie Gordon

January 2nd, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I believe having a home warranty is an essential part when you have a house or a condo unit. It helps you have peace of mind. Get these guys! They make you feel secure.

CHARLENE J EDWARDS

December 30th, 2019 Sun City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Home service club is the worst ever they were picked by the seller of my house. They dont and wont cover anything they will say everything is pre existing, well if you buy an older home wouldnt everything be pre existing? When you look this company up they say no inspection report is required to get a contract with them well.those are lies my broker sent them my inspection report per home service clubs requests and my ac was voided, my washer that came in my house was denied due to they said it was over loaded yet the tech that came out said the transmission was going out. My refrigerator again came in the house denied due to the fact they said I had no gfi in my kitchen which I do have but there is no law stating a refrigerator has to be plugged into a gfi again tech told them compressor was going out so Sophia and Gabriella offered to cancel my contract and send me the money for the warranty back but they made me take my previous review on here down before they issued the check so I did and received the check a week later. . Do not go through this company what a waste of money....

Garrett Warren

December 28th, 2019 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a scam and their reviews are as well. I purchased the most fully covered and expensive warranty 6 months ago and have not needed it until now. My oven runs but doesn't heat up and makes a noise. When I filed the claim online I put down that the oven works but makes a loud noise. The fan is not working well basically and the oven doesn't heat up properly. I waited 4 days until I finally got a call from the representative to tell me my claim was not covered since they don't cover loud noises. After a long debate I finally explained that the noise was a result of the oven not working. However, if an appliance makes a loud noise IT SHOULD BE FIXED!!!! That means it's about to break down further or worse. The repair person has still not come to my house! This is a shill company who does nothing when you need them! Please save your money on this company! I honestly can not stress enough, their reviews are false. This company is a scam. They are a name only and do not actually provide a service.

Mar 03, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with our product and with what our product offers. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Laura

December 25th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Given all the positive reviews, I was so optimistic about Home Service Club. I bought two warranties in summer 2019: one for our current house and one for a new house we were in the process of renovating. Neither has gone well, and I’m extremely disappointed with the lack of organization and complete inability to respond in a timely manner. Summary of my experience: - Every time I submit a request for service it takes at least a couple days (often much more) to get a response. And even after HSC notifies me of my service provider, then it takes another several days for the provider to schedule service. This is a huge problem when your a/c quits in the Texas summer and your family of 5 has to live in a 90 degree house for a week or more. - I have anxiety just thinking about having to call HSC for anything. I sit on hold for at least 15 minutes every call, and 90% of the time end up having to leave a voicemail that never gets returned anyway. (The “press 5 to receive a call back” option is a complete joke - I’ve pressed 5 about 20 times and have yet to receive a call back regarding any of them.) So then I call back the next day, and the next... adding up to literally hours of my life these past months spent on hold with HSC. - I placed a service request 8 days ago for electrical work (light fixture quit despite new bulbs). Never received a call with an assigned service provider. Three days after submitting request, sat on hold with HSC then left a voicemail asking for an update. The next day got a call back and was given provider contact info. Called provider immediately and was told they have never heard of HSC, they do not work with home warranties, and they cannot help me. Immediately called HSC back. Sat on hold. Left voicemail. Repeated the next day, and the next. Still no call back from HSC. - I submitted a separate request 7 days ago for a/c issues. Received a call two days later assigning me to a service provider. Have called that service provider three times since and left messages to schedule service but still have not heard back. - To top it all off, when I purchased the 5 year warranty on my new house, HSC mistakenly opened two contracts at the same address and charged me $1800 TWICE. It took me 5 months of calls, voicemails, and frustration to finally get the refund in December. I’m ready to give up and ask to terminate the contracts early. Although I’m sure that would require someone calling me back so guess I won’t hold my breath. Save your effort and go elsewhere for a home warranty.

Polly Stone

December 23rd, 2019 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Home service club is what i can recommend! Especially if you're looking for an affordable home warranty! They can assure you that the price you pay is worth the service they give you. Last time i had trouble with my microwave. So i called home service club and they fixed it right away! Thank you HSC!

Dec 30, 2019

Elena Pink

December 19th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1. Sales person lied to me and swore there are no inspections needed or anything if I needed to file a claim. Several months later I had to file a claim and the first thing they demanded is an inspection report before even coming out. 2. Once they came out and looked at my AC unit, they said it was a previous condition per my home inspection report. I called my inspector and there was no such condition, my AC was fine and HSC is claiming they see a "hole" on the AC unit on one of the pictures there for will not be covering this. 3. Every time you call in, you're on hold for 20-40 min before you get to talk to anyone. 4. If you file a claim, you don't hear from them for weeks and when you call in they exclaim that they've been "trying" to contact me and have been waiting for me to get back to them. LIES! Very disappointed, not worth your time or money! Find a different company, I sure am looking!

Krista

December 17th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Update - Home warranty company is communicating with me to address my cancellation request. Value, quality, and timeliness were 3 star.

Dec 20, 2019

Good Morning Krista, Our records indicate that your account has been canceled and refunded. Should you have any further questions and or concerns you can feel free to reach out to the Senior Supervisor attached to your account. Happy Holidays!