ServicePlus Home Warranty

5.1

Stanley

Good service and great work; I was difinatly was satisfied with the service.

Contractors are VERY slow. I was lied to multiple times. I even considered just purchasing new appliances because they took SO long.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you have disputes with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Suzanne and Charlie Sevierville, TN

New customers and they worked at getting our AC fixed

Totino Joe Fort Lauderdale, FL

Had a great experience with my first incident

Bruce Ann Arbor, MI

Great services, services are needed at time for all repairs

Glen Neill New Albany, IN

Quick response and friendly agent and fast service callnt

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Jackson

Because I had t o pay $1950 Sewer Pump, because they said my plan didn't cover replacement

Donna Bullock Philadelphia, PA

Because they have technicians that don't do they're job and just want a deductible but not even checking what the problem is

Janie Osborne Navarre, FL

Representative was nice. plan was easy to understand

samson Upper Marlboro, MD

because they provide total solution to my home care

My Heatpump is freezing up on the outside Stokesdale, NC

awesome and value for my money and good quality of care

Jim S. Lone Tree, CO'

Competitive price for home warranty. Have not had to use the service yet.

Ron Petty Atlanta, GA

Abysmal customer service. Customer support rude and dismissive. Complete waste of time and money. Takes days and days to get authorization, almost impossible to get a manager, does not cover what they say they will.

Diana Gulf Breeze, FL

The Worse Company in the World. Dishonest with the Customers . Waste my money paying months. They do not fix my AC when it stopped working. Made the claim never got money back like they told me! Please do no hire them. Do no waste your money!

Kris Robinson Virginia Beach, VA

DO NOT BUY!! I just got this plan and made my first claim. It took 6 days for somebody to call me. Then the tech shows up, I pay him $45, and he tells me he cannot fix my dishwasher until he submits in writing what is wrong. That was 6 days ago and nothing has happened. Thank goodness it wasn't my AC / heat.

Jason Hew Jacksonville, FL

Worst home warranty company ever. Dryer timer broke about 6 months before COVID 19. To date they have assigned me to at least 4 technician none of which have contacted me to fix the dryer which THP agreed to fix. Their service is beyond deplorable.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you have disputes or major issues with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Aug. 10th, 2020

DTA Country Club Hills, IL

They are TERRIBLE!!! If there was a zero I'd give it to them! This is the worse company, they'll send a contractor to your home have you pay them the service fee and then deny your claim! I would never recommend them to anyone!!!!!! A total waste of money

Jim Fishinger Ormond Beach, FL

Turned down every claim I have ever had with them. When I threatened to cancel, they promised to send me a "good gesture" check in order not to cancel so I did not cancel but they never sent check. TOTAL HOME PROTECTION IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY TAKE YOU MONEY BUT DO NOT PAY FOR SERVICES OR PAY THEIR VENDORS!!!!

Dianne Powers Indianapolis, IN

Total Scam. I have had two claims which I have had to call back over and over again to get paid on. It has now been close to 5 months and they keep telling me the same thing. The check will go out in the next batch. I was also told both times there were banking issues. What a joke... Buyers beware.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. We have expedited the check to be sent within the next 5-7 days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If the consumer would like to cancel as per the terms & conditions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 4th, 2020

Barbara Denyon Memphis, TN

Do not waste your time or money. This is totally garbage garbage do not purchase the waste of time I will never ever use them you will be just wasting your own money and time only thing I have to say about them they are garbage

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Please be advised that we have no record in our system for this consumer being one of our customers. We have tried to locate a policy with the information provided in this review. This complaint may be intended for Total Protect and not Total Home Protection. We are not affiliated with Total Protect/Cross Country/HMS in any way. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 3rd, 2020

Nichole Decatur, GA

Do not waste your money on a home warranty they are a RIP off. This come totalled out my dryer in September and it's the end of December and I have yet to receive my check from them. I will NEVER buy another home warranty again.

Lisa Wareham, MA

If there was a negative star you would get it. After many months of harrassing phone calls and text messages and repeated request to stop they persist. I would never do business with a company that harrasses potential clients.

Barbara De Vine Houston, TX

If there were a no star rating that is what this company deserve. For three months all I have gotten were lies and excuses. Claims denied before anyone came to look at the job. 10 days between when job was started and completed. Refund never issued. Rude customer service. Trying to resolve anything with the staff only leads to more lies.

Marc Boca Raton, FL

Total scam. Called about a/c not working in south florida and they send me an email the next day saying they can have someone out there in 3 or 4 days. I had to hire another company to fix problem the same day and Total Home wont reimburse because it wasn't pre-authorized. I am filing a complaint with the BBB against them

Glenn Cave Creek, AZ

Worst experience ever with a so-called warranty company. The rude service reps look for ways to deny a claim with no investigation of fact. I cancelled my policy today. My advice is find a warranty company with solid reviews of performance which is the opposite of Total home

BHadley

Had them for about a year. Tried to get them to cover a garbage disposal and AC unit. Declined BOTH claims. Waste of money! Not to mention the waste if time waiting on their service people and their processing. Just to find out they won’t cover it anyway! BS!!!

a nancy Johnson Waynesville, OH

did not have anyone in my area to look at my refrigerator I was then told to find my own repair man it was a nightmare then I told the repair man ai thought the power went off not a surge and the plan then said ir was not covered, is that the same when the power goes out?

Tracy harris Oxford, MS

I’ve cancelled it. They don’t stand behind their sales pitch. AC went out and denied my claim. False advertising scamming the public. If you look at some of the other complaints it happens a lot. I will file a complaint with the BBB.

Brian Dyer Morrow, OH

They told us that their policy covers most of everything. What they don't tell you is it doesn't cover mechanical parts for the furnace or the lines for the septic tank. Their customer service is rude. This is not a good company. Tim D is not a honest person at all. This company is a fraud!!!!!

ken wingett Mascotte, FL

this is the worse home warranty co. around they take your money and do nothing for you if they don't like to co. they send out and what they say is wrong then they send someone else out two co. they sent to me both have bad service on the enter net from other people hope know one else gets stuck like i did thanks ken

Tammie

I think they're trying to get out of replacing the air conditioner on me for something that is old we are in tear

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Unfortunately, with the information provided, we were not able to locate your account/policy. This review may be intended for Total Protect and not Total Home Protection. In order to assure your issue gets resolved, please reach out to us to provide further information so that we can locate your policy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

David Richmond, VA

Only had to use once. The Hvac contractor was great!

B

technician that came out did no repair...only explained away the issue

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Please be advised that we have no record in our system for this consumer being one of our customers. We have tried to locate a policy with the information provided and nothing is coming up in our system. This review may be intended for Total Protect and not Total Home Protection. We are not affiliated with Total Protect/Cross Country/HMS in any way. Should you wish to discuss your claim, coverage, etc, please reach out to our customer care department so that they can locate your policy and we can try to rectify your experience. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 10th, 2020

Dottie

I have found that the support and follow up on issues is not the best.

Mar. 10th, 2020

This company a joke never would I put my money here never again ,and hopefully they refund me my money for a clain

samuel

it can take up to 48 hrs for someone to contact you to make your repair.

Bad service, appointment cannot be made properly, no resolution when getting off phone with representatives

Eugene EDMOND Kuntz

I was never notified that my premium payment never was posted.

JOHN kontoulis Dana Point, CA

It took several days to confirm an apprmt and after I called to arrange for the Plummer the Plummer NEVER SHIWED UP!!

John J Rockaway, NJ

Haven't had the pleasure to use them yet and it took a long time to receive my written contract

Leslie R Yuen Norcross, GA

The claim number is not open 24/7. It is only accessible M-F from 9to5. To process a claim it takes 24 to 48 hrs, however if the claim is filed thursday it will not be until the following week to get your claim process.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Total Home Protection is not an emergency service and, per the policy, a vendor will be assigned within 2 business days under normal conditions. Upon assignment, the vendor and consumer will then schedule for the next, earliest appointment that works for both parties. Please see the referenced policy section below; III. REQUESTING SERVICE B. Upon request for service under normal circumstances, we will contact an authorized Service Contractor within two (2) days during normal business hours and four (4) days on weekends and holidays after you request service. The authorized Service Contractor will contact you to schedule a mutually convenient appointment during normal business hours. We will determine what repairs constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service. We will accept your request to expedite scheduling of non-emergency service only when a Service Contractor is available. If the Service Contractor agrees to expedite scheduling of a non-emergency service request, you may be required to pay an additional fee. While the main call center is not 24/7, there are a number of tools available that allow claims to be input and assigned at any time. New claims can be placed online or over the phone via an automated claim placement system. Claims are automatically assigned when a vendor is available through our vendor system - no matter if the call center itself is open. Through these tools, we hope to assist consumers with their issue as quickly as possible, however, there are times where a physical agent may need to assign a claim. In those instances, we do expedite emergency situations where able. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Aug. 10th, 2020

debbie killian Eugene, OR

Awful. refused to cover a reasonable repair on a covered item. no technicians want to work with them so you have to hire your own and get reimbursed. awful company. BUYER BEWARE!

Bob Potter Miles City, MT

Buyers BEWARE!! This is a total scam! Will not pay covered claims but continues deducting payments from cc after canceling (email and in writing) One star because there is no 0 rating.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The consumer placed a claim for a plumbing stoppage on 08/04/2019. Unable to get a vendor with availability we offered the consumer to go through reimbursement. Reimbursement is where the consumer would contact a local vendor to diagnose the failure. The vendor must contact Total Home Protection prior to any repairs being done, to advise of failure, parts & pricing. Once approved, Total Home Protection would send a reimbursement check upon receipt of the paid invoice. The consumer agreed to pursue reimbursement. The consumer’s technician was approved for the repairs and on 8/22/2019 reimbursement was approved at our rates per the policy. The consumer was advised to allow 30 business days for the check to be authorized and mailed. The consumer requested to cancel on 9/10/2019 although the account was charged on 9/9/2019. We reached out to the consumer on to respond and left a voicemail to contact us back. Total Home Protection then received a chargeback notice for 2 payments from this consumer on 9/27/2019. Per the below policy section, Total Home Protection cancelled the consumer’s policy on 9/27/2019 due to these chargebacks. XII. CANCELLATION A. This Agreement may be cancelled by THP for the following reasons: (i) nonpayment of Agreement fees or other breach of this Agreement by the customer; (ii) nonpayment of Trade Service Call Fee, as stated in section IV; (iii) fraud or misrepresentation by the customer and/or customer representative of facts material to THP’s issuance of this Agreement; or (iv) a change in laws or regulations that has a material effect on the business of THP or THP’s ability to fulfill its obligations under this Agreement. Due to the chargebacks and policy cancellation, the reimbursement approval was revoked as costs incurred. C. Mutual agreement of us and you. If this Agreement is canceled after thirty (30) days, you shall be entitled to a pro rata refund at the standard contract fee rate for the unexpired term, less a $50 administrative fee and any service costs incurred by us. If we have provided services and the amount of the service costs incurred by us is greater than the contract fees paid, then no refund will be due to you. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 3rd, 2020

Jonathan Jefferson, TX

Total Home Protection is just wonderful. Especially Angel S, he's so helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you contacting us with the below referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Mr. Smith placed a claim for the Air Conditioner on 6/7/2018. As per the terms of service: ⦁ This Agreement does not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions. ⦁ Coverage applies to the systems and components mentioned as “covered” in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement so long as such systems and components are in place and in proper working order on the effective date of this Agreement Coverage went into effect on 6/7/2018, this is the definition of a “pre-existing condition” and NOT in proper working order on the effective coverage start date of 6/7/2018. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Jun. 21st, 2018

John Root Hickory, NC

In November 2017 just before thanksgiving my dishwasher started leaking. I called for service and to this date the service tech has been her once and after three calls to total home I still have no dishwasher

Delbert Gentry, AR

Total waste of money ,I had 2 claims in past 6 month ,spent hours on phone to try and just get people out there . Your better off buying lowes warranty ,I know they stand behind there warranty.

Robert Moulin Kansas City, KS

Explain to her policies and what they cover and explained it where I could understand it thank you

Lisa Goudy Littleton, CO

Great service and great rep that helped me. Not pushy and very informative! Thanks Marc C!

No help in replacing water heaters nor AC issues although I have platinum coverage

Lovie

Bad business. Not standing up to what was required of them. Very deceiving. I'm full of regrets.