ServicePlus Home Warranty

5.0

Jeffrey R. Ishpeming, MI

The gold plan from Total Home is a good one. It covers everything I need without breaking the bank, which is important to me. I've checked and double checked each thing they claim to cover and I'm seeing what I needed to make the choice. Plus, the rep I spoke with was really helpful in making suggestions. Good decision and I'm very happy!

Sharon David Stockton, CA

Total Home Protection is one of a kind since they are exceptionally consistent. The rep I just spoke with really tuned in to what I was speaking to her in regard to and ensured I comprehended everything that was concerning me. I feel that is the most imperative nature of a decent business...having individuals who really care about the clients.

AM Jersey City, NJ

I just had a really great interaction with a staff member of Total Home Protection. After purchasing my policy a few months ago, I wanted to upgrade it. She made the process really easy and was great at answering questions. She reinforced why I was happy with the company in the first place. I will continue to be a proud customer.

Michelle Milfort Fort Lauderdale, FL

I bought a new home this year and my mom recommended I check out Total Home Protection. At first I thought this would be a waste of money, but I was wrong. Two months after getting my warranty, the washing machine stopped working and the pipe had leaked all over my laundry room. I called Total Home Protection and the agent was very professional and scheduled someone to come fix it. It was repaired and working fine now. I would highly recommend Total Home Protection. Ease of service is unmatched.

Heather Syracuse, NY

I'm very pleased with Total Home Protection's customer service. When my refrigerator went out recently, I called to file a claim for service with my extended warranty. Jeannie set up an appointment with a contractor to figure out the problem. He was on time and was able to fix the fridge. I paid my deductible and we were both off to our day. THP has a great plan and great contractors. Thanks!

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Myechia Lovett Chester, PA

Recently, after doing a load of laundry, I found that my dryer did not heat up. I called Total Home Protection and they sent someone to fix problem and it only cost me my deductible. I'm so glad I called them. Thank you, from a very satisfied customer.

Sheron Somerset, PA

My dishwasher broke down recently. I called THP to file a claim with my extended warranty. Customer service was very nice and arranged for a service am to come out. Peter was on time and professional. He repaired the dishwasher within an hour and was off on his day. I only had to pay my deductible. I am very happy with THP.

Sarah Columbia, SC

When I spoke to Donald about the coverage he was very helpful and explained the plan in full to me. He was very understanding of my financial state so he helped me pick out a plan that was right for me and I am very happy with the service! Strongly recommend!

Walter Huyck West Terre Haute, IN

Total Home Protection does not pay the contractors they hire to service your home. How do I know? They hired me four months ago, and have never paid for the service call. When you file claim after claim and no service company shows up it is because this company does not pay their invoices. They got me once, but they will never get me again. I am now a paying customer, unwillingly, because they owe me a service call that they have never paid. Contractors beware.

Dissatisfied Customer

I am having great difficulty contact about filing a claim and I have not yet been reimbursed for a claim from a few months ago. Customer service and follow up are challenges, even when you submit claims online, you still have to follow up constantly.

SISBOOM

After servicemen didn't 3 days loot at the stopped drain, the company called and said it was not covered because a connecting pipe was rusted or corroded and they didn't cover corrosion. Do the laundry tubs still don't drain. A mess!

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you have disputes with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Pat wallace

Was pleased with response and follow through when I needed service on my dishwasher. Saved me about $400.

RAY’S appliance in Kissimmee Fla. Clermont, FL

When I called today,you guys I was on hold for about 20 min. I have been waiting 4 or 5 weeks for my order. They told me they would e mail me on progress but they haven’t. When I call even today I got a recording and it’s not the first time.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. If you are one of our vendors, please reach out to our vendor relations team at 1-800-545-0402 and they can assist you further. We are committed to providing a positive customer and vendor experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Walt

They responded quickly to my call and the service company was professional, curteous, and did their job

Wright

Because the time for service was terrible and the first tech never answered and when the second tech finally came we weren't pleased with the service; telling us we didn't have the coverage.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. I am unable to locate your policy and previous claims using the information provided - if you have complaints or concerns regarding the quality of technician, please give our customer care team a call so that we can take a look at who serviced your unit. Further, if you would like to discuss your claims, coverage, etc, please reach out to us and we can provide an explanation or your coverage as well as a copy of your policy. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402

S West

Because service is not available on the weekends. You can reach customer service, but they can't send repair specialist out...have to wait until Monday

Mr. Parks Visalia, CA

I have not received a warranty packet by email or by regular mail since I've joined them . It has been several weeks and I have still not received anything in the mail so I reached out and called and they stated they would email me a copy of my warranty as well as send one in the mail I received no emails, I am disappointed .

Andre K Hernandez Kissimmee, FL

Awful experience, first I had a claim for my A/C 35 days after I had bough my warranty. A/c was not covered and insinuated I was a thief by pretending that the a/c has just broke. Then bathroom air vent went out the guy came a week later collect the fee and left. Three weeks later and few phone calls the guy showed up with the wrong vent, go to the store destroyed the ceiling trying to fit the fan and finally I asked him if he can't fix it is fine we can call another guy. A week later I received a call the extra repair is not covered and I need to pay for it so they can install the fan. Total madness. As a REALTOR I will not recommend this company to anyone.

FRANK ANGULO Montgomery, AL

I PURCHASE THIS PROTECTION SERVICE AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT I HAD BEFORE ABOUT 2MONTHS AGO. OUR DRYER IS DOWN AND I CALLED IN FOR SERVICE, THEY STATED T WOULD TAKE 24 HRS TO 48 HRS FOR A TECH. i CALLED AFTER 50 HRS AND THE PERSON TOLD ME I HAD TO WAIT LONGER. I THEN CALLED THE NEXT DAY AND THEY ASSIGNED A NEW CONTRACTOR, ITS BEEN ANOTHER 50 HRS AND I HAVE NOT EVEN RECEIVED A CONTRACTORS PHONE NUMBER. I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY TOLD ME TO LOOK FOR MY OWN CONTRACTOR!!!!!!! I ASKED FOR FOR A REFUND OF THE ALMOST $800 i PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND THEY STATED THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK. NOW IM STILL WAITING WITH A BUNCH OF WET LAUNDRY, WTF!!!! DONT BOTHER WITH THESE GUYS. THEIR REPS ARE RUDE AS f..... TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Blacklock Santa Fe, NM

Not perfect but very good since we live some 73 miles from a major population, most repair company’s do not want to come this far out to do repairs, glad this company and the contractors it hires will make the trip out here and do good job

Andre Porter Baton Rouge, LA

This company has a lot of issues. Say set someone out to look at my oven to repair. The service technician said he would have to order a part to repair my oven but he had to get it okay through total home protection. Total home protection stated that because of the age of my oven which was only seven years that they considered it unrepairable and would send me a check help cover the cost of a new oven. I was told that they were going to send me a check for $250 for a oven that actually cost $2,400. That the check would go out and six to eight weeks well it has been 12 weeks now and I still have not received the $250 check.. I talked to a service manager three days ago and he stated that the check would go out this Friday I called today which is Friday and it has still not been mailed. I don't understand why it takes so long for them to mail a $250 check out to their customer. I am still a paying customer to Total home protection you would think that they would treat me a little bit better than they are.

Beverly Bier Shelbyville, IN

The only reason I gave them more than one star is because they are the least expensive company for monthly and out-of-pocket costs of all the companies I tried. But, the say "you get what you pay for" certainly holds true with this company! When we started having furnace/ac problems, it took them 2 weeks to find a company in our area that was willing to work with them. And then, it took them another 2 weeks to approve the repair. So, we were without a working furnace/ac for more than a month!!! And, I just learned this week that the company that did the work still hasn't been paid after THREE MONTHS!!! That means that the next time we need a furnace repair, there is no one in this area who will come to our aid!! This company is a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!

virginia West Branch, MI

It began on the 6th of april 2019 on a sat my furnace went out I live in Michigan in a rural area . This home protection plan DOES NOT due any Emergency services on the week end and you have to give them 24 to 48 hours in order to find some one to come out before it becomes your job to find someone to fix your problem then you have to pay up front and they reimburse you That is the gist of the story well this is what happened . I put in a claim for the furnace on sat the 6th i waited until I was told they couldnt find anyone so I found a company so the company came out checked it out called the Total home and the tech gave them a price of 258 .00 for the service call and the part and explained there would be an additional 95.00 to install the part . So the person said they would not pay for the install so I called, I spent 5 hrs on the phone and spoke to 13 people trying to find someone to understand the total bill would be 353,00 but as of yet no one understood that so finally today on the 10th of april which is now the 6th day with out heat it got fixed and i was given a bill for 353.00 total cost of repair and install of part . I emailed it as well as faxed it to them with a request on email to please let me know they received the email. Well 6 hrs later still no response. im not sure about this company so far it appears that no one knows what to do there. I am awaiting to see if they are at least honest enough to cover this claim I got the policy in oct 2018 this was my first claim and so far im not impressed but i will update if they are going to cover this bill. I at this point know a few things one you will get the run around here it is not a easy company to deal with they dont care that your with out heat for 6 days in the cold this much Im currently aware of . Might I add they had no problem taking my payment up front in full when I got the platinum plan. I will up date as soon as this has been resolved UPDATE 4/11/19 THIS COMPANY HAS DECIDED TO PAY MY CLAIM MINUS MY DEDUCTABLE Which is all I wanted . Although this was a hassle now I know how this company works I will keep it and give it one more try. knowing how it will work in a rural area . But if I ever have to deal with 13 people in order to process a claim again I will be done

CC Baltimore, MD

This has been the worse experience ever. My furnace went out on today. I filed a claim and was told that no one would be out for at least 48 hours. It is the dead of winter which means it is cold. When asked if they could please send a technician on today since it is cold, I was told no. The company has a department that handles that and they do not work on weekends. They did not even offer to reach out to the department that dispatches technicians. The customer service agent suggested I purchase a space heater or pay for the repair myself. She stated I could submit the charges for reimbursement but she could not grantee the company would cover the repair, as there are lots of things that they do not cover. I switched from another company to save money and I truly regret it. You get what you pay for.

Robert Santmyer North Richland Hills, TX

Extremely disappointed in Total Home Protection. Two weeks ago on a Friday night in Texas, with a 100 degree weather our air conditioner stopped running. I was told we could get our own repair service out and file a claim afterwards since we would not receive a phone call from their repair tech until Monday. However it may need to be preauthorized and the authorization department wouldn't be open until Monday??? Reading the claim form all work needs to be authorized that cost over $100. That's pretty cheap for an air condition repair call in Texas, in August. You may be able to handle that amount with an unlicensed tech in December. Either way with looking at 2-3 days of staying in a hotel ( I have one heart stint and I'm probably looking at another someday)and the fact I couldn't take my pets with me, I paid to have somebody out Saturday at 9:00. Decent, so far competent technician that charges more on a crisis as well as weekend basis. Cost was $330, probably $100 higher than what it would have cost me on Tuesday. I pretty well knew that I was not getting most of that back, but I had the money and made that decision. I did feel that I should at least get $40 back, the difference between my $60 deductible and their $100 pre-authorization. Nope, well shame on them. We will not be renewing with them when it comes around. Any company that doesn't have a way of authorizing a repair for 2-1/2 days out of 7, is stacking the deck and avoiding their responsibility, and in my opinion, they are not a good company.

joco Independence, MO

I signed up with THP last November. I had a claim in March or April with my disposal. I moved into this house in 2014. I had an inspection before the purchase. This disposal claim was denied because the plumbing wasn't correct. I'm not a plumber so I had no way of knowing about this issue until I had a claim. THP would not even negotiate any part of the expenses. I had to have it replaced at my own expense. Second claim this week was for my a/c. It was denied because the coils were dirty enough to cause the unit to get hot. I had washed it several times but evidently not good enough because the coils were still dirty on the side facing the house. I cleaned as well as I could. I couldn't see back there well enough to notice it needed more cars. I was never advised to have it done professionally to make sure it was clean. But again I get penalized for ignorance. THP doesn't offer good preventative maintenance plans for people who don't know how to care in detail. All THP would say is "check your manufacturer manual". Guess what. There wasn't one with the house. Maybe someone has better knowledge about these things. Maybe Home Warranties rely on this to get money and still deny claims so as not to have to pay.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The customer placed a claim for a Air Condition not coming on 6/11/2018. The diagnosis concluded that the outdoor coils were very dirty and needed to be chemically cleaned. With the coils being dirty, it causes improper airflow resulting in the condeser fan overworking and overheating causing the unit to shut down. Per our policy this failure is clearly excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below; VII. GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY D. This Agreement covers only repairs and/or replacements due to mechanical failure attributable to ordinary wear and tear. Accordingly, the Agreement does not cover failures which may result from other causes, such as without limitation abuse; misuse and/or neglect; lack of maintenance; rust and/or corrosion; noise without a related mechanical failure; chemical or sedimentary build up; lightning strikes; missing parts; animal, pet and/or pest damage; power failure; power surge; fire; casualty; acts of God; structural and/or property damage; flood; smoke; earthquake; freeze damage; accidents; war; acts of terrorism; nuclear explosion, reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination; insurrection; riots; vandalism; or intentional destruction of property. This Agreement does not cover mechanical failures resulting directly or indirectly from or caused by mold, mildew, mycotoxins, fungus, bacteria, virus, condensation, and/or wet or dry rot regardless of the source, origin, or location and any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any sequence to the mechanical failure. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Jun. 21st, 2018

Oscar Perez San Francisco, CA

Marc was excellent at assuring me that I would not go wrong by signing up with your company. He knew I was unsure about signing up for a home warranty but he did a great job of making me an offer that was too good to pass up but also made me feel comfortable that your company would take care of my needs.

Van Mitchell

Slow response time and find ways to not pay. Customer service does not provide you all the details when speaking with them about the repairs and how you will be reimbursed.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. If you have disputes with any of your claims, always feel free to contact [email protected] We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Paul

Been with this company going on 2 years and so far they have not failed me. Better customer service than most others.

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Seemed easy to contact to report a claim. had problem taken care in less than five days

mzlmor

Quick response. I was very pleased that I was assigned a company within 24 hours.

Lilly Charlotte, NC

They’re reliable and helpful. Will be accommodating for your particular needs.

Blakeney

After trying three other companies it was a reluef to find one who was Very prompt and Professional

Lou

Rapid and honest response. Contractors have been very professional and reliable.

Ellen

I used them twice so far, and they were reliable and had the jobs done promptly.

Only used once but rep was outstanding. Got a message my response was too short?

They worked fast to resolve my issue. Made sure to contact repair service to address my issue

Sandy Lafayette, LA

The sign up was easy and the rep was extremely helpful. I have not needed to use their service yet.

Cyd

John quickly resolved the issue. He was very professional and thoroughly explained the problem

Mitchell W Las Vegas, NV

I requested a repair of leaking water heater on Sep, 2020. Local guy contacted Total Home protection that said they can't repair my water leaking heater because it is leaking !!!. I paid 100 % repair cost of $ 1,700 from my pocket. They committed to pay $ 400 as a good-will gesture that didn't arrive even after 4 months. Total Home Protection collected monthly fee from consumers but never paid for any repairs. This looks like a legit company but a totally fraudulent company that robbed my money.

Bhagawat Pokhrel Columbus, OH

Don't recommend to any one or my family. I place for my brother claim now is 3 weeks. Every time when i talk to customer services or claim department the lady tole me she will email or send the information to dispatch department and some one will contact you but three weeks no one call me or i don't receive any email. First company charge for one year after that they don't want to help their customer. Think twice before you buy warranty from this company.

Amit Parmar Hilliard, OH

They did not assign any technician for the leak in my bathroom even after promise of 24-48 hrs turn around. After waiting for 3 days, I called up again today (wasted another hour in hold time). I am just said to wait another 24-48 hrs or get my own technician!! Last time, I got my own technician for visit; he had to wait on hold with this company for more than 30 mins, before he left without getting any response. Eventually, they denied my claim and I had to pay everything out of pocket. Worse kind of service after buying it for 6 yrs in advance... yes, all due to high pressure sales pitch. Waste of money. I was told, I can cancel anytime and still receive pro-rated money back for years I do not use. But, now I am stuck and they do not allow me to get my premium for remaining 5 yrs if I cancel my policy. If you prefer to be scammed out of thousands of dollars in insurance premium and still go through frustration for your claim, this company is where one should go to!

tiffany foo Woodstock, GA

I have been with this company in total home for over a year and I have two properties with them and when I first put in a claim up on my AC they don't want to cover it and the person they sent said that they never cover anything and he wanted to charge me an extra $500 I got a second opinion and they were able to fix it for $200 I told the customer service and they said they can send me a 200 check. and still haven't received the check. Then I told them about my other property at the garage doesn't work and the manager tried to help me and Its been over 12 days and no one is came out they made another excuse that is not covered so Don't Ever buy them!

Arica Bores Denver, CO

Do not buy this home warranty. My washing machine broke I called the warranty and after 4 days they advise they still could not find someone the work on a Maytag washer. They advise me I could find someone myself which I did and they told me all I needed to do was have the service man call their Authorization department. Once authorized they would refund me the full service call minus my co-pay. I followed through with these directions we got authorization to fix the washer the bill came to $306. I filed my claim and they will only reimburse a $150. They said the service call cost more than what they're willing to pay yet their warranty program says they will fix everything for full cost minus your co-pay. They Do not have a full network of contractors as advertised and they provide you with false information and refused to pay your claims.

AC Atlanta, GA

Awful - run, do not buy. I bought Total Home Protection for my pool, spa, house and everything - the most expensive service. However, they did not fix one item. Every time I had a service call they said that they did not cover it because it had rust, corrosion, sun damage, etc.. When you have old systems, you buy insurance protection. However, the insurance protection is supposed to cover you. I just had the AC man here and he recommended a new unit. They said they do not cover it because it had corrosion... what system does not when it is old. They said they will not replace it even though the plan says that they will replace the AC if the service person can not fix it - I have had the same experience with all equipment - the pool, AC, spa, etc. systems, etc. are outside of course - the systems will get sun and weather damage... They did not even offer Freon for the AC to help cool for a couple of days , which my AC system had 0 because it leaked... hence now I have a hot house and burning hole in my pocket to purchase a new AC. I have many stories,,, run if you think they will cover pipes or anything that is expensive... keep your money and pay direct to a local business.

Mary Beth Farrelly North Port, FL

I have been a Realtor for 38 years and have extensive experience with home warranty companies both personally and professionally. Total Home is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They advertise if they can't fix it they will replace it. Our master board shorted out on our microwave. We followed instructions, the tech came out and said the board needed to be replaced. We waited while the board was ordered. After 10 days the tech came back out and put the new one in. The new board shorted out the same night. The tech said it can't be fixed must be replaced. After days of waiting for info I call Total Home and they said it was the techs fault. We called the tech he said it was Total Homes fault and he wasn't getting paid. I have called Total home numerous times and they keep saying they are working on it. finally I got a manager after 2 weeks and he said they would send us a check for $100. I questioned that and was told our micro was 12 yrs. old and they prorate it. That doesn't sound like repair or replace. It has now been 8 weeks since we went out and bought a new micro and have still not seen the $100 check. I would never do business or recommend them to anyone.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. This consumer has been contacted by the Mediation Department and a formal review is in process. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. If the consumer would like to speak to someone in regards to these issues, they can contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Aug. 10th, 2020

Barbara Robinia Dadeville, AL

I had a claim about a year ago that took forever to even get a tech to call. The tech that finally came out did not have much good to say about the company. They also find all kinds of excuses not to pay....like dust on an air conditioning unit. I wasn't aware that air conditioner units were ever placed in a vacuum. I called July 8 for dishwasher service. As of today, July 14, no tech has been assigned. They use covid as an excuse but I called several service companies in the area and they are able to come out this week so covid is not gonna fly here folks. I am hoping that I can write a good review for them if they can get a service tech out here sooner than later. They also put you on hold for extremely long wait periods. Not cool if you are trying to improve your reputation.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Every policy has inclusions and exclusions and, unfortunately, this issue was not covered per the contract. In an effort to still assist the consumer with the excluded Air Conditioning claim, $350.00 was offered to the consumer which was accepted and mailed. In regards to the Dishwasher claim, the consumer chose to go through reimbursement and was reimbursed for their claim. The check is processing and should be mailing in 5-7 business days. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Aug. 10th, 2020

Margo Williams Schertz, TX

My air conditioner stopped cooling and was icing up. I paid the money for the ac repair company to check the unit out, the said that there was a leak in the system somewhere. THP wouldn’t cover the cost to find where the leak was coming from so I had to pay $240 to the ac company. The AC company sent the pictures and the report to THP, They denied the claim saying that there was rust on the coils and they don’t cover corrosion. They even lied saying that they were told the leak was caused by the rust which was a lie. So after a week of going back and forth with THP I still don’t have air conditioning in my house. They are just scammers, I hate I wasted my money on them.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Every policy has inclusions and exclusions and, unfortunately, this issue was not covered per the contract. In an effort to still assist the consumer, they were advised they could obtain a second opinion diagnosis. They were also provided the contact information of the Mediation department who is currently working to complete their review. The Mediation department will review the claim from start to finish to determine if the claim was determined incorrectly. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Jose Trejo Nashville, TN

This is a total fake home protection plan last year i got premium package for to year's person i spoke with i clearly ask him what all covered this premium package he told me what all was covered 3 weeks ago about my a/c not working properly they said they were gonna send some one over to take look at it 3 week's past by nobody showed up had to call at least 30 Times finally got a call person told me they were having trouble for some one to come take look at it because corona virus that i had option for me to call technique to come take look at it witch that was a lie because i called 5 different a/c companies they said they would come take look at it asap so this morning i had some one take look at it they called total home protection what needed to be fix couple min latter i received email from April H to call her i called for her to tell me they will not covered it.i payed 700 dollar's for this premium plan just for bunch of lies headache waste of time people dont fall for there lies they will probably will only cover minor money repairs. This was my first claim and they told me they won't cover it

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. The check was mailed 06/05/2020. In an effort to provide good customer service we have added a free service charge fee on the consumer's account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Jenise Johnson , TX

DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WARRANTY FROM TOTAL HOME PROTECTION!!!! I paid up front for 2 home warranties, one for our primary residence, the other for a rental property, over $2K for a 6 year contract on both. I have never filed a claim for the rental and had 5 claims in 3 years for our primary home. The first 2 claims were for a garbage disposal and an electrical problem-both were never serviced because they claimed not to have any available technicians in our area. The third claim was for my refrigerator and ice-maker. I spent over a month going back and forth with them because first, no service providers available in my area, then service provider assigned but never showed up to the appointment twice, and then finally a service provider came out and determined that they were not the correct specialist to diagnose the problem. So after many hours of calling, being being placed on hold and repeatedly being transferred around I asked to cancel my policies. Once I said this I got a representative and they agreed to give me $500 towards a new refrigerator if I didn't cancel my policy. It took over 2 months and repeated calls again to receive the check. THP has denied my most recent claim for my AC unit due to rust and corrosion. My house is less than 4 years old and proper maintenance has been done for all systems. The technician that was sent by THP told me that the evaporator coil was leaking due to condensation and needed to be replaced. THP denied the claim because they said the technician said the evaporator coil needed to be replaced due to rust. I had the service company send me a copy of the report and pictures that they sent to THP. NONE OF IT INDICATES ANYTHING ABOUT RUST! When I called THP back about this I experienced the usual runaround and then of course extremely rude and unprofessional managers that told me the report of rust was made by the technician on a recorded phone call and that was the proof that they are using, not the written report and photos! I asked for a copy of this recorded phone call and the manager said she cannot provide this to me, I would have to write an official letter to their documentations department to request and if they approve it would take over 30 days to receive it. After talking to THP I called the service provider back to confirm if a phone call was made by the technician and they said the technician DID NOT call anyone (that is not their practice) and confirmed that all they have sent THP is the written report and photos. THP is lying! They have no phone call. They are just using this as an excuse to deny my valid claim! THEY WILL ALWAYS FIND A LOOPHOLE TO DENY YOUR CLAIMS!!! I am filing a report with the BBB and I encourage others to do the same to expose their horrible business practices. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. The consumer has reached out to the mediation department to dispute their claim. Mediation is still working with the consumer to finalize the review by reaching out to their technician for clarification. The consumer is also pursuing a second opinion per the policy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.