ServicePlus Home Warranty

5.1

Claudius Rodney Palm Beach Gardens, FL

My wife Sunnie has always been a worrier. So to reassure her I purchased a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I thought she was paranoid, but she ended up having the last laugh when the hot water heater sprung a leak. Thanks to the warranty she talked me into we were covered for the replacement of the water heater and the cleanup of the damage.

Jay wood Everett, WA

I just wanna give a HUGE! thank to you Total Home Protection. When my dishwasher wasnt washing dishes properly and leaking soap, I gave total home protection a call and in a a day’s time, they were able to visit with me and give a time frame for being finished and what was exactly wrong with it assuring that I knew nothing wrong would happen with his expertise. Thank you so much for fixing my dishwasher!!!

Lena Bridgeport, CT

Thought it would make sense for me to finally write a rerview on this company because I constantly tell customer service that I'm a big fan. If you're considering buying a home warranty, start here. Great pricing for the amount of coverage. I have the platinum plan, and I pay just a $60 deductible for services. They worked with me through my small budget to create a plan with add-on's that was fitting for my home. Ask them a lot of questions and they'll answer. I like this warranty company because they seem like they're serving me, and it works for me. Make sure it works for you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Pretty Muanya Atlanta, GA

When my water heater broke down 3 weeks ago, I called Mike who answered my call with so much professionalism. He said he’d send out a local contractor to me and in less than 24 hours, the contractor was in my house. He found that some of the ICs got damaged as a result of wrong connection in my wires, he was able to change the damaged ICs and also did a reconnection for me to prevent further occurrences. I love the services I get from the THP team and I would highly recommend them to every home owner. Thank you.

Pamela M Bend, OR

This year when my jetted tub abruptly quit working, I was so disappointed and a bit worried because I immediately thought of how expensive it might be to replace. But then I remembered I bought a home warranty plan from Total Home Protection, so I got on the phone and spoke to one of their reps. They put my mind at ease when they told me they would send a tech out the next day. The tech was kind and professional. He fixed my jetted tub and left the work area clean. I was so happy that my tub was working again. These guys are brilliant!

Chloe Los Angeles, CA

I moved into a new apartment with AC that wouldn't blow cold air. I initially called my landlord about it but he said that was how that brand of AC was. I didn't believe what he was saying and called Total Home Protection to check it out. The technician deemed there was a part that was broken within my AC so they said they would replace it for me with no fee. Thank you for doing what my landlord couldn't.

Deijah Los Angeles, CA

My shower head broke just a few days ago so it’s been a hassle taking showers. Not only did I need to replace the head, but a piece of the plumbing broke off with the attachment. I’ve been so busy with work and family that I kept putting off getting it fixed. Finally, I called THP and was able to have someone dispatched the next day. The guy who fixed my shower was super professional and very informative. He gave me step by step instruction on what to do if it would happen again. Great service. Really fast and friendly.

Melissa Velsor Fort Lauderdale, FL

I really never understood the value of having an extended home warranty till just recently. I was out of town for a family vacation , and I received a phone call from my house sitter that the electrical system blew in the kitchen. I must admit I was very worried, until I called Total Home Protection! They arranged for a contractor to come over and take a look. It turns out that something chewed a couple of the wires in the wall, resulting in the power out in the kitchen. The electrician was able to fix it, thankfully, so that when we got home everything was just fine again. Thanks THP!

Jack Vandell Santee, CA

My wife and I have recently bought our first house, and it's a bit of a fixer upper. Because of that, we've had to neglect some of the less urgent repairs like the fridge and the air conditioner. But when our stove started to act up, we knew we got Total Home Protection for a reason. We called to use our warranty and they sent out a local contractor to repair it. This warranty really is a blessing for homeowners.

MeganW Liberty, SC

I came home from work the other day and my ac wasn't working properly. I didn't know what was wrong. I called Total Home Protection and they sent a repairman out the next day. The repairman looked at my unit and figured out that the capacitor was out. He was able to run to the store and get the proper part because he did not have that model in his truck. A short bit after returning, the AC was back to normal and all that I had to pay was my deductible.

Ramandeep Khanuja Austin, TX

This summer the heat has been brutal and my AC has been struggling to cool the house. I called THP to use my extended warranty for a service man to come out. Jonathan arranged for a technician to come over and find the problem. He was on time as jumped right in. The AC was out of freon, which he promptly refilled. He then cleaned my AC and I paid my deductible. It was cooling just fine again. I had a great experience with THP. Thank you again!

Stefanie Lopez Kissimmee, FL

I purchased my home early January of this year. I decided I needed to get some things in my home protected since I spent so much money moving and purchasing my home. So around Februrary, I found Total Home Protection and got full protection for my home. A few weeks ago my ac unit went out. In Fl living without ac is the worst. The first thing I did was call THP and they had a contractor come out and repair the unit with only the deductible being out of pocket. I'm so glad my home is covered. I definately wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Dina Anwar Phoenix, AZ

I am a long-standing policy holder with Total Home Protection. I had a different company some time ago, but it pales in comparison to THP. My recent experience with THP was when my washing machine stopped working. I called THP for help with my warranty. William scheduled a contractor to come out. He was on time and was able to fix my washer and I was able to get back to the family's laundry. Thanks THP!

Stephanie Chen New York, NY

I'm so glad that I discovered Total Home Protection. I was having a problem with my dishwasher where it wouldn't start. I had no idea how to fix it, but thankfully I had Total Home Protection's Platinum Plan. I called them and they assured me that they would send someone over as soon as possible. They were really accommodating over the phone, and the repair technician arrived sooner than I expected. He was able to fix the problem without me paying any extra costs. I am extremely satisfied with THP's customer service and the company overall.

Sheyenne colvin Cutler, OH

Recently, my AC stopped cooling due to the extreme heat. I called THP for help with my extended warranty. Barbara in customer service was super helpful. She arranged for a local contractor to come over the next morning. He was on time and very nice. After checking out the unit, he found that I was out of freon. He refilled it and cleaned it too. It was cooling again just fine. Thanks THP. This is why all of my family members have their extended warranty with you too!

ry reese Salt Lake City, UT

Total Home Protection. has probably the best customer service that I have experienced to date. They have helped me to efficiently file each claim and have sent. our excellent repairmen to do the jobs. When it comes to home warranties, I've probably had the best experience with Total Home. A big thanks to all the representatives that helped me along the way.

Danielle Sulano The Bronx, NY

I feel so relieved that I can count on Total Home Protection for my household repairs. When my AC stopped cooling, I was assured by James in customer service that they would arrange for a technician to come over right away, and that's exactly what they did. He was right on time and determined that I was out of freon. He refilled the freon and cleaned the unit. The technician did an excellent job. This is a five star extended warranty.

Chris Cox Moreno Valley, CA

I think THP is great. My electricity went out recently and when it came bak on, the AC did not work properly anymore. I called them and Sarah helped me to open a claim for service. She scheduled a contractor to come over and see what the problem was. They arrived on time and were very nice. I was told that the capacitor had been fried, so they replaced it. It works just fine now. I am so happy that I took oput this extended warranty when we moved in.

Astrid Laredo, TX

I’ve had Total Home Protection for a full year now and I am very happy with my warranty. Recently. my washer wasn’t working so I called them and open a claim. Sarah was very nice and they arranged for a contractor for the next afternoon. He was on time and got right to work. He was able to get the machine going again and it is working well now. All it cost me was my deductible. They never fail to send great, very well mannered contractors. I highly recommend them.

Saad Dada Irvine, CA

Total Home Protection was great when I called for assistance. My bathtub had water and sewage backing up in to it, so I opened a claim. They arranged for a plumber to come out and see what was happening. He found the line to be plugged up a little ways down, so he snaked it. All the water and sewage drained off. I paid my deductible and went back to like. Thanks THP.

Karen Cassidy Mystic, CT

The customer service staff at Total Home Protection is amazing! I had a question about some of the repairs I had done, and the entire process was explained to me thoroughly. The wait time on the phone has been short both of the times I called. With this being my first time having any coverage on my appliances, I did not totally understand how it all works. "You're all set, you only pay the deductible." Music to my ears!

Michelle Abston

I woke up one morning had no hot water. It turns out that the heating element went out. I contacted the customer service agent at Total Home Protection and she arranged for a technician to come the same day. The whole process was very professionally handled. Once the service tech let me know that the pilot light was going to need to be replaced, he went to pick up a new one and fixed when he got back. I only had to pay my deductible. It is working fine now.

Agnes Barnes Caryville, TN

Best thing I ever did was get an extended warranty with Total Home Protection. My air conditioner went out during the summer time in the hottest month of the year. When I called Sandra was very nice and helpful. Total Home Protection had a repairman out to fix it by that afternoon. He arrived on time and ready to get the AC repaired. The capacitor had gone out. He replaced it and the air was cooling again. I only had to pay my deductible and my air conditioner was as good as new. I am a satisfied customer and definitely recommend Total Home Protection.

Ebony Spencer Valdosta, GA

When my air conditioner went out, I quickly called Total Home Protection for help. Barbara started a claim for me and arranged for a contractor to come out later that afternoon. The service man was on time and got right to work. He found that I was out of freon and filled it back up, as well as cleaned the AC. It is nice and cool again. Thanks THP.

Henry Liu East Elmhurst, NY

I was cooking up dinner for my family when my oven's glass door cracked. I called Total Home Protection for help and Sandra in customer service arranged for a technician to come out. I gave the make and model of my oven and the technician came prepared with a new door. He was able to remove the oven door and replace it with a new one and things were working fine again. I paid my deductible and I was back in the kitchen. I am so glad I have this warranty. I know it saved me money.

Britt Thomas Atlanta, GA

Shortly after closing on our new house, one of our pipes burst and flooded the basement. Along with the couch and the carpet in our media room being ruined, the water shorted out the outlet the TV was plugged into and fried our month-old 60" 4K flat-screen! If we hadn't had our home warranty, we'd have been out-of-pocket to get the pipes fixed. If that was the case, I would have no money left in my pocket to replace my carpet, couch or television. Make sure you get a home warranty before the unforeseen rears its ugly head!

marcelo rios Gilbert, AZ

My garbage disposal broke down on a Tuesday so I called the customer service line at Total Home Protection. I spoke to a very polite and knowledgeable representative and they arranged for a contractor to come out the next day. The service person arrived on time at my house and got to work immediately, in about an hour he fixed my garbage disposal told me some do’s and don’ts for my system. He was professional and easy to talk to, I especially liked that he cleaned and made sure everything was put back. I will renew my contract when it comes due.

Keziah Clark Chicago, IL

I am so glad that I have a warranty with Total Home Protection. My washer was not draining properly and my dryer seemed to take longer to dry clothes. THP arranged for a service technician to come out and take a look. It turns out that the drain was getting clogged, so he cleared the line. My dryer had excessive lint in it, which he cleaned out. He also showed me how to really keep that clean. James and THP was very helpful, as was the technician. Everything is running normal again I only had to pay was my deductible. I will continue to be a customer and renew my warranty.

jet lo Brockton, MA

Total Home Protection did an outstanding job helping me get my refrigerator fixed. I couldn't afford to buy a brand new one, mostly when I have recently bought this one. I was able to call them for help and they were able to schedule a repairman that same day. The repairman was able to fix the problem making me satisfied. They saved me money and time and I am really relieved.

Marlene S. Brooklyn, NY

It seems like there's always something calling out for my care at home. So happy I purchased this warranty plan from Total Home Protection. Just last week, when I was heating up some food in the microwave, I noticed the food still seemed cold, after using it on a high setting. This never happened before. I called the company and someone came the next day to check it out. Turns out a part burnt out, and needed to be replaced. It works really well again. And, I only had to pay my deductible, which saved me a good amount of money, thankfully.

Gloria Morse Stoll Plant City, FL

I received excellent customer service with Total Home Protection when our air conditioner quit. Very professional, courteous, took all my information and assured me that I would only have to pay the deductible. Our air conditioner was fixed the next day. They replaced the capacitor, cleaned the unit, and checked the freon level, which was fine. I am very happy with customer service and the service I received. And it is nice and cool.

Renee Anderson Charlotte, NC

My A/C went out two weeks ago and it getting up to about 89 degrees inside my home. My son is an asthmatic, so I immediately contacted THP customer service. I explained to Elizabeth my problem, she really understood me and scheduled for a technician to come out the same day. He kept me informed (it was just a coil). He fixed the problem and had my unit running in no time. I appreciate her help in getting the service expedited and the very nice technician. I was only responsible for my deductible. I am definitely renewing my policy when the time comes. It just paid for itself.

Olivia Milwaukee, WI

My home has a built-in microwave that is literally my favorite appliance. Being a woman on the go, it helps to prepare dinner for my family, especially since I don't trust my husband on the stove! Recently my microwave went out and I needed a repairman as soon as possible. Having a home warranty helped during this process and my microwave was repaired within a few days of scheduling an appointment. I really appreciate the customer service I received as well. I know in the long haul it saved me lots of money and time. Thank goodness for this investment!

Sera Southfield, MI

I had an unexpected issue with my water heater. At first, I didn’t know who to trust with such a repair. But, when I called Mike at customer support, I was reminded that Total Home Protection pre-screens local repair people—saving me the time of having to research local repairman and money. I was also grateful for their 24/7 support since my water heater quit on me at 3 am. I would absolutely recommend this company for these reasons alone. Thankfully, having a home warranty meant I could get my water heater fixed right away! And, I could rest easy knowing it was repaired by a licensed professional.

Clara Miller Spring, TX

Having a home warranty was one of the most beneficial decisions I've made as a home owner. There was an electrical short in my stove that caused it to malfunction the other day while I was cooking. I was nervous that it would cause some sort of fire, and possibly hurt me or someone else. I called Total Home Protection and scheduled a repairman to come by and take a look at my stove. He was able to fix it right away, and urged me to call them back as soon as possible if it happened again. Unfortunately, that was the case, but this time, they had to replace my stove. I was grateful that the replacement was covered. Paying that out of pocket would have been extremely overwhelming, but thanks to my home warranty all the visits from the repairman, the initial repair and replacement were covered by my home warranty. I happily paid my deductible. I am enjoying my new stove. It definitely gives me a lot of peace of mind knowing that my stove is safe to use.

Maya Menon Chicago, IL

Last year my fridge stopped working and I was in danger of losing a whole freezer's worth of food! I considered several options, but I knew in the end, I'd need to get a replacement as soon as possible. I was so glad I chose a home warranty plan that also covers appliances so I could get a replacement. Otherwise I would have been out all that food plus at least $400 to get a new fridge! The process was very easy, and they even sent out a technician to install my new refrigerator when it was delivered. I am very impressed and happy with my brand new fridge.

Kate c Janesville, WI

It’s summer now and it was 93 degrees the other day! Our air conditioner decided it was going to stop working. Inside of our house was over 90 degrees and it was unbearable. We tried everything we could to fix it ourselves with no luck. We have a new baby and we called Total Home right away. They got someone out to us the same day. It was fixed super fast. I was so grateful because we didn’t have to go stay with family until the air conditioner was fixed. The technician that came was great and it was so easy to call and use our warranty. It was definitely a great investment!

William McAleese Charlotte, NC

I wasn't sure about this warranty at first. My wife talked me into it and frankly, I forgot about it until my washing machine died and leaked water all over the top floor of my house. I'm used to doing all of the repairs in my house, but this one I did not want to attempt. The warranty came in handy. The repairs were pretty extensive, I think, but they were covered and done quickly. I can't say enough about how glad I am I went with these guys. Sometimes you just need to leave it to the professionals.

KGoodwin Trinity, TX

Spoke with Tim today to get total home protection plan, my experience was AWESOME. He was extremely knowledgeable about the different plans and answered ALL my questions WITHOUT putting me on hold multiple times to inquire. Thanks for such a wonderful experience. He deserves recognition for such excellent customer service. Tim, don't ever change, continue the AWESOME customer service.

Elizabeth Chiarello Orlando, FL

Placed a claim yesterday and never received the promise email with claim number. I have had other home warranty companies, and have always been contacted immediately with a confirmation, and soon after a technician would respond. It has been almost 24 hours and I HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD!! No email, no text message, no call from a technician. This is my first claim since securing this warranty in November 2020, and am very disappointed. You can't even talk to a person by phone.

Walter Huyck West Terre Haute, IN

Total Home Protection does not pay the contractors they hire to service your home. How do I know? They hired me four months ago, and have never paid for the service call. When you file claim after claim and no service company shows up it is because this company does not pay their invoices. They got me once, but they will never get me again. I am now a paying customer, unwillingly, because they owe me a service call that they have never paid. Contractors beware.

Maureen Bruno Cassville, NJ

Total Home Protection Dec 16th for 5 years plus one year for $2,250 plus service call of $45. We just moved in and needed service on New Year Eve on our HVAC system that was not heating a house in NJ in the WINTER. I placed an online ticket. I placed two more tickets and finally a vendor scheduled with me. They came out, took the $45 immediately and looked at the system. After 15 minutes, told me his time was up and that it is now being billed by his company by the hour. He could not determine what was wrong and left. WHAT??? I contacted the Total Home Protection, (THP), which is worse than standing in line with no appointment at DMV, and they called the vendor while I was on hold, the vendor did not want to do business with THP and that is when I asked for a full refund and called a reputable HVAC vendor who fixed the issue for a tune of $413. I explained to Keith from THP that the HVAC system they had come to the house to repair the vendor told me after 15 minutes of service and they cannot diagnose the issue it now is on my dime to pay for him to continue, Keith said that is not correct. The manager Keith from THP called and begged me to give them another shot and promised me he would reimburse me the $413. After 20 minutes of him begging, I said that I would. He also said that he would waive the $45 service call on the next visit. Worse mistake I made. Before hanging up he said if you have any issues going forward please call him. A week later had an electrical issue, again put in a ticket and 4 days later the Electrical vendor called and said, so and so will be there in the afternoon on that day. Whoa I said, I did not know anyone was coming. THP never said they scheduled already with you, we rescheduled for the following day. A young man arrived from the company. Not an Electrician. I told him everything that was going on, walked him around to everything and that is when he said, ok, I have to wait for the electrician Ivan/Igor to arrive. I said you are not the Electrician. I think he should have waited and they both come in at the same time. Or told me he was not the Electrician. The first young man, after testing the outlets said that the GFI's might all need replacing. The Electrician said too many GFI on one-line trips it. He also said the toaster and the coffee pot cannot be plugged in at the same time. Really?? I asked him if he was ready to see the other issues and said, this was the only thing he was scheduled for. The young man called the called his company and he was wrong they were schedule for it all. He determined 3 of the 4 issues were fine. Since they could be replicated. The GFI's are still tripping in the 4 areas. I called to speak to Keithagain, since he told me if I have any problems to speak to him directly and he of course could not be reached. Tommy who is equal to Keith answered. I insisted that I wanted to speak to Keith as he knew all the background. Bottom line I wanted to cancel. Tommy after me explaining everything to him at the end said Keith will want to speak with me. Great I said, I will not change my mind. Keith called and cancelled my account, I asked him about the $413 from January and he said that the refund of the warranty would cover it and it would be a wash. Well, NO it did not cover the $413 HVAC charge and it was not returned in full. It would have been, if they said what they said was true, and honored the CONTRACT we entered into together. In my opinion, run away from TOTAL HOME PROTECTION. Do not commit to anything with them. Not sure if they use vendors that cannot make its own their own or just poor preforming vendors, but they are not honorable and are very dishonest company. Extremely disappointed end user. Not worth the hassle, money, or time to be lied too.

Andre K Hernandez Kissimmee, FL

Awful experience, first I had a claim for my A/C 35 days after I had bough my warranty. A/c was not covered and insinuated I was a thief by pretending that the a/c has just broke. Then bathroom air vent went out the guy came a week later collect the fee and left. Three weeks later and few phone calls the guy showed up with the wrong vent, go to the store destroyed the ceiling trying to fit the fan and finally I asked him if he can't fix it is fine we can call another guy. A week later I received a call the extra repair is not covered and I need to pay for it so they can install the fan. Total madness. As a REALTOR I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Jeffrey Krachun Pitman, NJ

Every experience I have had with them has resulted in delays, long waits on the phone, apologies, and inaction. Six months after my claim was approved, I have not received reimbursement. No one replies to emails, though I get verbal apologies and assurances that it wil lgo out on the phone (but no attempt to make up for six months its been since approval).

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Due to an internal system issue, there was a delay in the check being sent. The check mailed 06/08/2020. In an effort to provide good customer service we have added a free service charge fee on the consumer's account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Ed K Conroe, TX

My claim was taken care off , contractors drag feet , need better commitment , also you need to put enough info on line in the customer account to know where they stand with the approval process .

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Shurketia Herring Belleville, IL

The call to THP was responded timely thanks to you the gentleman that responded checked the problem fixed it and was professional in his work.

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Hard to get in contact. 24/7 availability doesn't exist. The tech replacedcabpart and left with the water spewing for 2days out of water heater. After callingfor 2 days I was assigned a supervisor over the 3 other supervisors. It gas been 3 weeks and she refused to return calls. We had to call abplumver yo come fix a presdrecsafety valve they should have fixed. They state their policy doesnt cover water leak. Nothing with water.! Imagine a water heater that doesn't use water. They are scammerss

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Please be advised that we have no record in our system for this consumer being one of our customers. We have tried to locate a policy with the information provided and nothing is coming up in our system. This review may be intended for Total Protect and not Total Home Protection. We are not affiliated with Total Protect/Cross Country/HMS in any way. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 10th, 2020

Anonymous Gloucester, VA

Sent to me a company that sent report back to Total Home. Led me to believe that I had a claim for repairs. Claim was denied. I called the company to dicuss non-claim repairs. Heard mothing from that company.

Unsatified consumer Baker, LA

Not what they claimed to be at ALL. The salesperson sales you a dream of a worry free home warranty protection system, but they fail to mention the things that are really covered prior to collecting you credit card information and billing you. You don't really know what you're getting into until something needs repair and they slide through on one of their many loop holes.

Buyer Beware!

Great price but bad service. My oven broke shortly after my service began and couldn't be repaired because the thermometer was discontinued. I talked to the repairman and he said it happens to work one day and breaks the next. They said that they won't accept any claims within the first 2-4 weeks after the initial 30 days.