LifeTime Home Warranty Logo

LifeTime Home Warranty

5.6

Craig Lunde Hemet, CA

I joined and paid for the first month. I NEVER got any info on how to file a claim, or for that matter, how to log in to my account. Fortunately, I signed up with a card I had replaced later, so now they can't collect any more charges. Plus, they don't answer the phone. I spend an hour waiting, but nothing. Absolutely the WORST service I've ever gotten!

1 year ago Edited March 29, 2023

Scott Gray Fort Myers, FL

After they are so attentive talking you into purchasing a policy that after you pay for it. The email is completely different them what was paid for. They do not let you cancel you policy. I canceled thirty minutes after I purchased the policy. Don't ever try to get in touch with them after the take your money. All you get is music on a hold button for over an hour then get disconnected. They know who is calling because of the caller ID. So they choose to answer new customers and ignore existing. STAY AWAY

Adam J. Joskowicz Havertown, PA

BEWARE! If there was “0” rating - this is what they would get…..they are nice to sell you the plan but there be “DENIED” response to your claim!!! BEWARE,!!! REQUEST THE SERVICE CONTRACT BEFORE YOU BUY!!! Check Section V Part F of what is NOT COVERED! which will be the reason they will deny your claim. F.ex. The Plumbing System should be covered in their “Total Protection” - but Plumbing Leaks” are NOT!!! according to Section V F. …

rosie North Hollywood, CA

Very disappointed with the company. they lied about what they covered and will not refund my money. i am trying to cancel my policy, and they refuse to refund me. i just purchased the policy in August 2022 and have been trying to cancel since, but I can not speak to anyone who can help. your call goes to a call center, and the people cannot do anything for you other than take a message. do not purchase contracts from them since once they get your money they don't provide service

Lifetime Home Warranty South Bend, IN

We filed a claim for our water heater leaking 2xs got the run around!All you can talk to is a call center.After we waited to hear from a technician (still waiting after a week)we replaced the heater ourselves to prevent more water damage from the leak!This place sucks!!!Do your research! I feel scammed and threw 499.00 away I don’t have.Mike & his crew ought to be ashamed!

Casey Schoepflin Edmonds, WA

I researched several home warranty companies and found this one to have the best pricing, coverage, and customer service.

Michael Homady Mesa, AZ

I signed up a month ago and my payment went through. Now that I need service they are saying my second payment didn't go through. I contacted my bank and no payment was ever sent to the bank and there was never an issue with the card on file. I have now been trying to get somebody from customer service to contact me for over 5 days and they will not return my call. I have started the process of looking for another company and I am ditching this one.

Chris Redfield Palm Coast, FL

I cannot give a zero or I would---what a scam---they lie about everything---they do not take action on claims and when you try to cancel you get threatened and abused---these people are criminals and they make no effort to hide that once you figure out you got screwed by them. I am in Florida where every law firm is contingent on outcome so this will be the start of a class action lawsuit. Join me if you like---no cost to any of us.

1 year ago Edited April 24, 2023

Lisa Camden, AR

The agent who signed me up was super nice. He answered all my questions and I thought the monthly rate was reasonable and service fee was good also.

Rodney Sparks San Antonio, TX

If I could have put 0 stares I would if this helps anyone not make the mistake i did but dealing with this company I have done my job. I am a 100% disable vet this company called me and promised me that they would cover things that they could not. They said I can cancel whenever I wanted another lie I had to put a stop check on them and when i tried to cancel they said i could not. PLEASE PLEASE DONT DO IT THEY HAVE NO HONOR AND BAD BUSINESS AS WELL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IT IS TRASH.

Jorgo Ognenovski Bitola, 501

Buying an excellent insurance policy that covers everything was easy and was not expensive at all. Thanks, LifeTime Home Warranty.

Margery Mazor Baltimore, MD

Steve was very helpful and patient with all my questions about Lifetime home warranty. He helped get me the best deal with an extra add on.

Harish Kumar Agarwal Apex, NC

I have taken a lifetimehome warranty last Oct 2022 for 42 months and I have been trying to reach since then. They never provided any service to me. As per their agreement I should be able to cancel the contract and should get a refund back, however there is no way I could reach out to them. I have logged a complain in AG,NC and they are trying get a hold of the seamsters. Now their website is not reachable.

1 year ago Edited August 1, 2023

cheri martinspray Winter Garden, FL

Just signed up today and had a wonderful experience with Eric. Very courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. Haven't used them yet.

Joeseph Belleville, NJ

Amazed by how quick there technician came. There customer service A+ there billing department so easy to get in contact with

Katie Bayonne, NJ

There technicians are so fast to come out and they answer my claims so quickly and when I needed a new fridge they got me a icemaker

Ralph Belleville, NJ

I love there technicians also there customer service Jeff W gave me a great deal and he helped me get my claim out and fixed so quickly

Barbra Jersey City, NJ

Steve C great help let me sign up with the promotion Even tho it ended Then the technicans came so quick love them best company shout out to Steve

Trey Howell Conway, AR

I have called lifetime home warranty over a dozen times, requesting a refund for the policy I never used, And cancelled in writing within the 30 day period. I have been told every time that a ticket is being submitted and someone will call me back. 35 days later, no call back, no email, and no refund. Buyers do not sign up for this scam. You will regret it John Howell, AR

Sue Bucknell

Love working with a home warranty company willing to get issues with current contract home warranty from Choice to end.

1 year ago Edited August 5, 2022

Sybursu Austin, TX

LifeTime Home Warranty appears to not have adequate leadership. One is supposed to receive an email from a technician in 24 hours. My experience has been ZERO contact after 30 hours. I filed a second claim and spoke to two customer service reps. Although they are very nice people, they have no way to contact the main office. I suspect that there is no main office. They each each submitted another "ticket" and said that I would need to wait another 24 hours for a reply. Hence, my food is defrosting in the freezer.

Tina Weasley New York, NY

If I could give them a zero I would. They do not honor the $75 service fee. They do not cover nearly anything. They require you to pay up front for your repair then they will approve a partial refund. In my case it was 12% of the total. Then they denied the repair of my refrigerator. The freezer does not freeze anything but they claimed they do not cover that. You can not speak to anyone when you call. The person who answers will create a ticket and nobody will ever call you back. WORST i have ever worked with.

Darryl Taylor Los Angeles, CA

Jeff W answered all the questions I needed clarification on.Jeff made me satisfied on the coverages I needed for my home

Oscar North Bergen, NJ

Plumber came out and cleared the blockage pretty quickly. The whole process took less than a day and I'm thankful for that

Betty Wyble Iowa, LA

I feel scammed and very much mislead by this company.I have actually been trying to collect on a claim that they said we would be reimbursed for over a month now. No one has called me to discuss this claim. As a result of there poor customer service we decided to cancel the policy,still waiting for someone to call me.Each time I’ve called I’m told I will make a ticket and someone will contact you,never happened. I would advise anyone looking for home warranty insurance look elsewhere.

Josh&Jade Drumm TX

Peter C was so helpful in our experience. It made the understanding process for us as first time home buyers so easy. We’re excited to be a part.

Judy Navarro Elgin, TX

I signed up in Feb. 2022. You need to read the fine print with this company. I requested help 5 times and was denied. With my other companies I would have been covered. I finally received an OK to have a repairman come out and then was told to find my own repair person and they would reimburse us up to $150. I left my other company because they were having trouble finding repair people, but the salesman here assured me that would not be a problem I canceled in May and am unable to get my refund. I now call every two days. I can't recommend this company. Look elsewhere.

John Samuel Littleton, CO

Really bad customer service! Never call back or answer questions about your claims. When I asked to talk to someone, they denied my request and said I can only talk when they call me. But they never called me back. I filed a claim for my a/c because it was not working. They told me to call my own technician and they would pay for it. When the technician found that a/c has to be replaced, they denied my claim by stating it is a cleaning service. This company is not trustworthy. Never going to renew home warranty with this company.

Chris Brooks

NO ONE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER CALLS BACK. Customer Service, therefore, is non-existent. The leadership folks need to be investigated immediately. Also, it seems like the company itself is providing their own five-star reviews to counter the reviews of real people who have been swindled by these scam artists. A one-star rating is too high. Buyer Beware. Once they get your money . . .

1 year ago Edited June 28, 2022

Bao Chau Tran Seattle, WA

Do not use this company LifeTime Home Warrranty!!! I bought 3 contracts from this company because they were a cheaper options. They tried to sell me on 5 years for much more expensive but I am glad I didn't go with that. After filing my first claim, I found out this company is a scam. They told me to hire a technician of my chooses and to upload the estimate for the repair. The estimate was for $280 and they only gave me $50 to do the repair!!! That won't do anything!!!! Please stay away from them!

Martin Velazquez Grandview, MO

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! MARK MY WORDS, THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU BACK. DO NOT BELIVE THE GOOD REVIEWS ONLINE, THEY REWARD YOU WITH FREE MONTHS OF SERVICE FOR A GOOD REVIEW. I have had a plumbing and AC issue for over 2 months now and every time I call back they tell me someone will call me back but never happens. This company is so frustrating to deal with because they lure you into buying a long term contract and that they will never own up to. THEY ONLY HAVE ONE PHONE NUMBER AND YOU WILL HEAR THE SAME SCRIPT OVER AND OVER AGAIN NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU CALL.

Shelly Perkins Pittsburg, KS

This is a horrible service do not give this company a dime a dime I paid them $1377 over the last 3 months So that I would be paid in full 2 and a 1/2 weeks ago I filed my 1st claim my air conditioner went out I have called these people 10 times A-day nobody calls me back nobody will help me I have small children in my home and we're over here dying from heat They don't care all they say is the right up a ticket and somebody will call you back nobody calls you back there's no bosses or supervisors to talk to talk to do not give this company no money

1 year ago Edited June 8, 2022

lavakane Federal Way, WA

I signed up for lifetime Home Warranty and paid the $1,197.00 bill in Advance thin king this was a great deal. Wrong not if you expect service within a month. First time i submitted a claim I had to call after two days and asked where were they/ They said they would have someone call me . After a week again I called, and again they would have someone call me. After a 3 weeks, yes three weeks they finally had someone call and they came out and fixed it. I had another problem and again it's been a month and no one, after 4 complaints has not called me.

Arushi Tontsch Filderstadt, BW

Horrible horrible horrible!!!! Do not choose this company. They are cheats and do not get back to despite their 24-hour turn around time. Emergency issue at hand…left several messages by phone and the portal. Almost one week later and still no call back. Lies! They have no intention of working my claim. No account manager calls back. Yikes! I’m so screwed don’t know what to do :(

samantha cavalier Tacoma, WA

I submitted a claim and have now called twice about it. The first time I was told I would receive a call back the same day. Never heard anything back called back again and was placed on hold while they looked into it and then hung up on. Called back Spoke with another representative who was very nice and did what she could by escalating the issue. But to no fault of her own couldn't give me a timeframe on when or how it would be fixed or resolved. Having a home warranty and having to wait weeks to get an issue resolved not only defeats the purpose but is poor business.

Depreciated Asset Eau Claire, WI

Unbelievable coverage. Best in the industry. Assigned account managers? Are you kidding me. I almost want something to break.

Jane peters Brooklyn, NY

The reps were polite and knowledgable, the customer portal is easy to use and submitting claims is easy online, would reccomend

Steve Helt Los Angeles, CA

Complete waste of time and money! I purchased two warranties in good faith , I have attempted twice to use said warranties, claims are immediately denied or completely ignored. 9 grand out of pocket for new A/C ,now washing machine is not working ,initially claim denied becausea noisy bearing is not covered. Now completely inoperable, resubmitted and two weeks later still no call back no repair tech , no anything . Website is a joke won't allow an unfavorable review to be submitted, and bylaws can't be accessed so you don't even know what is covered and what isn't .

Shane Bond Miami, FL

Very professional and supportive team that handles all of your queries very nicely and in detail. Overall, quite wonderful experience so far.

Donna Williams

worst home warranty company I have ever dealt with. I put in a claim and no one contacted me after 48 hours. When I called they told me to go online and submit a support ticket and someone would call me within 24 hours. I was also told to contact the account manager and it has been 48 hours and no call back. I requested to cancel my Policy and was told I had to put in a support ticket online and someone would contact me within 24 hours. I will be putting stop payment on my account as they are drafting my account and I doubt I will get any call backs. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Claudia Johnsen Madison Heights, VA

Peter gave me all the information that I needed and also gave me a link to Better Business Bureau so I could check out ratings. He was very professional and good to work with.

Oluwatosin Onifade Aldie, VA

the company have a good rating and the coverage is a lot compared to other warranty companies. i hope they will leave up to expectation when its time for services

Natasha Calvert Chicago, IL

My warranty purchase experience was excellent. I hope the coverage and customer care going forward is as good as what I received during the purchase experience.

Hariharan Subramanian Hillsboro, OR

Signing up process was smooth. Have just signed up so its too early for a review. Nevertheless, hope their service is as good as they stated while signing up and don't come up with weird excuses to not cover repairs.

Larry Lee Palm Coast, FL

This is the biggest SCAM on the block. My refrigerator wasn’t working properly so I opened a claim, that was January 23 of this year and as yet I have have not received a response and this is March 27! Forget trying to call the customer service number, it’s a dead end! In my opinion they are just a bunch of CROOKS!

Ruth Zarway Des Moines, IA

How can we the victims of this fraudulent company (Life Time Home Warranty) team up to get them out?!! It hurts that consumers are still and will still fall victim of these thieves!! Everything I’m reading about them is the same thing they did to me. $1000 plus taken from my account and now they blocked me from the portal.

1 year ago Edited March 23, 2023

Jerome J Washington Durham, NC

Common thieves. They do a great job selling and a horrible job paying out. I’ve waited 5 months and still nothing. I’m calling the Attorney General’s office. Message center does not respond. Phone help never answers. Run away! Fast!

A Haried Westmont, IL

Terrible. The property has a home warranty and a stove and a dryer stopped working. they offered me $300 for a $4K stove, and rejected the dryer repair. I have been trying to contest these responses for over 3 months but have not heard from LifeTime in over 1.5 Months. It feels like they are a scam.

Dilip Tandan Irving, TX

Diagnosis Fees approved - have not received $450.00 I have 3 claims that were approved for diagnosis fees going back to July 2022 - that has not been paid Sent messages - say will look into and reply - nothing Have called - say will look into and call back - nothing

In Texas Houston, TX

You can never get in touch with a person. Our heater went out and the best I can get online is requesting an appointment on Monday. Their claim of 24 service is false. They have denied the first three claims we submitted and we can't get ahold of anyone to talk to. This company is horrible.