ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

James Horner

September 25th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

After months of time on the telephone with lame reps as well as written requests to terminate service, I am no closer to terminating the policy of my elderly mother's account. Her house is sold, telephone service is disconnected, and she is living with me--but the reps don't care. Complete run-around, after years as a loyal customer.

Jayin Lee

September 22nd, 2017 Charlotte, NC

excellent warranty and service. I'm suprised how courteous of a company they are, these days companies seem like they're out to get you for every dime you have. But ADT stands alone. Strong staff with a good product! Keep it UP!

Ngoako Tshivhule

September 22nd, 2017

My alarm went off and the the patrol guys just came and parked on the street and never even opened their car window to check what's happening. And then they lied to their office and said the gate was too high.

sumit bhagchandani

September 22nd, 2017 Fort Myers, FL

Repeated issues with billing when you change addresses, they start double billing you until you catch it and then explain 4 or 5 times by calling them again and again...to get the hard earned money that you pay for this service..it is absolutely a disaster.. I so want to be out of ADT's contract right now , bad customer experience, bad customer service..twice it has happened to me and then you have to explain to them to resolve the issue

Debbie Trant

September 21st, 2017

I was in the midst of Hurricane Harvey. They were the most thoughtful. I have no bill for three whole months. Not paying anything at all. You are appreciated, and ADT service is excellent.

Greg V. Charles

September 21st, 2017 Boydton, VA

ADT Protect Your Home is great, I was so impressed by their generous phone workers who didn't hesitate to lend a hand. Plus the system they set me up with looks professional and works very well!

Ryan Pickering

September 20th, 2017

ADT offers a service, and mostly provides it... however it is my opinion that the only thing they care about is locking you into a contract. They do innovate, which is good... but they are a giant company that has so much bureaucracy that even if you could prove a portion of their system was going to kill someone... it would land on deaf ears no matter what mountain top you yelled it from

Barbara

September 20th, 2017

It was horrible (1200 dollars) to remove a system that I have for a little over a week it’s just terrible.

Steve

September 18th, 2017 Stony Point, NY

ADT had been installed in our new home so we activated it @$59 per month. We are new customers and were not offered any promotion. A few days later we received mail to our new home from ADT offering promotion of $19.99 for first year if we re-activate the system. Called immediately and they absolutely refused to honor the offer or provide any discount. Took 1/2 hour on hold and spoke to obnoxious people. Cancelled on the spot and was told $1,200 early cancellation fee will be charged. They will never see another nickel from me. Charges to my credit card will not be honored and my card company was appalled at the way we were treated.

Amy Reese

September 7th, 2017

ADT Monitored Security sets the standard for this industry. Such a great process, I was in and out in the blink of an eye and they seemed very happy/eager to get me exactly what I wanted

Garret Redding

September 6th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

ADT Monitored Security is the absolute best security company in business! Friendly and helpful staff get you exactly what you need on time. I really appreciated the kindness and understanding of their staff.

Ryan

September 5th, 2017 New York, NY

Easy easy easy! ADT Monitored Security is the absolute best, don't accept any substitute. The customer service department helped me get an appointment set up that worked around my hectic schedule and I'm liking what I got more and more every day.

Sasha Warren

September 5th, 2017 Monrovia, CA

Good overall! I'm liking the easy setup. Their staff has been nothing but helpful which has made my experience better than I expected.

Thomas Jackson

September 1st, 2017 Seattle, WA

Quick delivery and very nice customer support! We had no issues getting our system set up, and so far everything is good!

Nate Mensen

September 1st, 2017 New York, NY

Really wonderful plan for billing, I got approved for a nice rate all thanks to their customer service rep on the phone. Delivery was expedited. I'd definitely recommend them to a friend.

Debora J Broussard

August 31st, 2017

I had ADT installed against my better judgement. They contract the work out and I never did get my $100. visa card. I have had nothing but trouble with the unit it has been disconnected from the outlet with me just paying the bill for insurance purposes. I do not remember a 3 year contract and asked for proof of that due to my moving and not needing service for sereral months, I have yet to receive a copy of that 3 year contract they said I signed. I would not reccomend them to anyone!

Sam Rodgers

August 28th, 2017 Valdez, AK

superb through and through. Great deal for me and my family, we're very happy with how simple the process has been.

G. Carpenter

August 26th, 2017 Faribault, MN

I have been with ADT for eight years, they are the best. Always good customer service, their monthly fee is very reasonable and I did not have to pay for installation or equipment. If I call about my equipment not working they will work with me and try to resolve the issue over the phone if not then someone will be here, there is never a charge for them coming to our home.

Riley White

August 25th, 2017 Unity, WI

What a great time! Delivery and setup were suprisingly fast. I feel safer already, highly reccomend

Corey Richardson

August 25th, 2017 Clifton, NJ

service here is good, I liked how responsive the techs were it really made my day

Charles Gregor

August 24th, 2017

I am imprssed by how nice the people on the phone were. they sorted out all of my issues and my system is golden

AJ Harrison

August 24th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

all great! The lady I spoke to was very nice on the phone and helped me get something that was perfect for me.

Braden Adams

August 24th, 2017

Terrific warranty, that's what got me interested in the first place. Now hopefully I won't need it but the extra layer of security is nice to have.

Scott Porter

August 24th, 2017 San Mateo, CA

I had no trouble getting this set up and every body I spoke to was very helpful. I will definitely be back again

Ben Truong

August 24th, 2017 West Jordan, UT

amazing .. I didnt expect such great service I was really surprised. not much else will compare

Annie Rochester

August 24th, 2017 Unity, WI

Wonderful all around! fast shipping and fair payment options. They also have really nice people manning their phones.

Katie Johnson

August 23rd, 2017

Got everything in 1 order was very fast to set up and use. fast, im happy with it!

Lance Rawlings

August 23rd, 2017 Boardman, OR

so great!! super impresed with how things are going

Cliff

August 23rd, 2017 Norfolk, VA

I had ADT for about 4 years and there service went down hill after 2 years. There equipment was shabby. the batteries didn't seem to last very long. The personnel that monitored the system must have been a sleep or very busy cause it took them more than it should have to answer the alarm. Had a motion detector installed in the living room and it kept alarming. So it was useless. I just bypassed it after 2 false alarms. I'm happy with the system that I have now and unless ADT has really improved there game, I'll stay with who I have now.

Jill Smith

August 21st, 2017 Caseyville, IL

The app does not work and will not connect to any other vendor's products (e.g., Ring). HORRIBLE. I'm cancelling ADT the second my contract is up.

Judith Pecho

August 19th, 2017 Ocala, FL

They wiped my comment off since it had a "o". Starting over. I had two men who came from ADT from a contact from the yellow pages, who were most unscrupulous. The first thing they did was cut my wired connections to my wired burgular alarm system. I wanted a few other contact added. They did not ask or have any contract to cut the wires to my contacts in the control box. They disabled the box. They were asked to leave at 5 pm since I have pain medication that makes me tired and harder to concentrate when tired and late in the day.. They said they would only need a little more time and would have the estimate ready. They were installing the electronic contacts after cutting my system with out any estimate or contract. At 10 pm, long after they should have gone, but I live alone and was over medicated by the medication prescribed. They then presented me with a long contract with small print and light print that I could not read as the lighting was not sufficient as I have moniovision for, sit down, $5,0000. Get that?? I had no idea what things cost and was tired and just wanted them out of there, so I signed it. I learned the next day that I had a three day right to rescission and called the company to do so, They voiced the contract but have not paid or made any effort to get the wired contact re-established. They said for me to get three estimates!!. I sent them one but it was not enough. The contacts still need to be done. I would not have this company do anything. They do not screen their representatives they send out to your home, and God only knows how many people these guys ripped off. And ADT, has not followed up to make sure that things were made right, which to me seems they are just as culpable since they know I am elderly and the situation. I want the contact made which can be done. Would not hire this company given that experience. Be very careful who you let into your house and check them out first and learn how much experience they have and if the company has indeed signed them on. The number in the phone book could give numbers of people who pay them for referrals. This was a horrible and embarrassing experience. Waiting until 10 pm for them to finish up. What the heck were they doing in my 4700 sft house??? I did not see them most of the time.

Riley James

August 18th, 2017 San Jose, CA

Good pricing options and fast delivery. Time will tell if it's reliable but I'm very optimistic considering the great customer service so far!

Taylor May

August 18th, 2017 Miami, FL

I was really comforted by the guarantee they offered. I feel like my home and my finances are secure!

Tim

August 18th, 2017 Wichita, KS

For those complaining about the service of ADT, they have been bought out by Protection One, who is the BEST alarm company in the country. They have the best agents and the best customers service of any company when compared to ADT. The contracts are fair and they will work with you if the prices are too high. They never have late fees and if you get the extended service protection, you never pay for anything except batteries for your sensors. Start reconsidering ADT now if you've left them previously...Protection One buying them out changes things...I have experienced this myself!

Kailey Stefens

August 18th, 2017 Mountain View, CA

I love my new system! Everything from the service to the setup has been so great for me. It was delivered surprisingly fast too, without any hiccups.

Rick Jordan

August 18th, 2017 Valley City, ND

fantastic ! Wife will be very happy. I got a deal! Also the person I spoke to was very understanding.

Weston Wright

August 18th, 2017 Clifton, NJ

My brother and I had an amazingly easy time getting set up and talking to support. We will definitely come here again

Tammy Edna

August 17th, 2017 San Jose, CA

Got a great price with easy setup - awesome!

John Richta

August 17th, 2017 Trumbull, CT

Very impressed with the service. Site was easiy to navigate and the rep on the phone was incredibly helpful

Terry Yassir

August 17th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

WOW! The rep on the phone was simply wonderful. She helped me with several issues I was having and stayed on making sure they we're resolved. Couldn't be happier

Kody Rodney

August 17th, 2017 Austin, TX

My niece suggested I try this, and I'm very happy she did. Excellent service all around

Mary Klien

August 16th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Fantastic experience! I was blown away by how friendly and helpful the staff were.

Kim

August 16th, 2017 Melbourne, FL

I had Adt..before ....didn't need so I cancled it....7 years I want to have it again...set up everything they canceled me saying I didn't pay $20.00 from my previous bill??? I can assure you ....that wasn't the case..its their lost....better I didn't use them again

Karen Young

August 11th, 2017

I had an ADT system installed 4/17 in our new home (9/16). The installers were warned if they moved the washer to be careful because of the close space and watch the hoses. Two days after install I started a load of wash, left the room for 5 minutes and came back to a flood of water running from the laundry to the front door. I called the installer immediately and he admitted fault and gave me the number at ADT. No problem. wait until we see what the floor will do. One month later the floor buckled so bad it is like a roller coaster. I called ADT and they said it a nit their responsibility. Called third party installer, Defender and have been ignored and put off for three months. Their insurance adjuster (another third party) came out 10 days ago and the insurance company still has not received his report. I will withhold final review until I see how this will all turn out. So far I am not impressed.

Andy

August 11th, 2017 Littleton, CO

The system in the house worked okay. We lived in a pretty safe area and got it for the family because I needed to travel for business. The sales reps don't give you the full story. Sales reps won't talk about the 36 month contracts. When I cancelled and took a $900 cancellation fee rather than work with them again at our new home, I asked them to train sales reps to cover the 36 month contract piece with customers. Customer service said they are aware of the issue, but because it says 36 months in the contract, they feel no obligation to ensure sales reps cover it with customers. CUSTOMERS EXPECT CONTRACTS TO REFLECT WHAT THE SALES REP SAYS! Signing up for 3 years with a huge cancellation fee is a big deal, but they don't care about the customer. I posted some frustration on twitter and received a response asking about my experience. When I explained my complaint I received no response back. Also, the sales rep failed to mention that when we bought the "Ring" doorbell camera, we only received one month of free video cloud storage, after that, you must pay Ring to continue storing video, or you only use it in real time. A huge part of the value prop is that you can go back and look at captured video after the fact if something happens! You need to tell customers they will be paying extra for this! The way they handle sales is dishonest.

Rey

August 11th, 2017 Burbank, CA

The worse security company, ever. Lack of any customer service It is A financial company collected payment rather than providing service. I cancelled twice and unfortunately they purchased security company that I used, and again faced with problem after they started managing company.

Kathy

August 11th, 2017 Evarts, KY

Called them so we could get an alarm system for our mother, NEVER heard back form them and its been 2 weeks.

Federico Trujillo

August 11th, 2017

After numerous complaints (2 months) the system was finally functional . Now on the wall where the key pad is, there is a monstrosity of Verizon signal booster. To make matters worse, the quote I received from a customer service supervisor was not honored. I now pay double what was quoted me. On my initial call to ADT for security service, I was very specific that I had an AT&T microcell to boost my cell phone signal and that I didn't want anything to interfere with that connectivity. So guess what, after 5 technicians being dispatched to the house they finally determined that the microcell and their system interfere with each other. This is why I have the Verizon booster on the wall. To make matters worse, the system sent out an alarm to PD and FD which they dispatched. Now I had to pay $16 to city for the false alarms. Long story short, I am stuck with a system for 2 years, they held me to the contract unless I wanted to pay for the full 2 years to get out of the contract. When the contract is complete, I will be removing the equipment and throwing it into the trash. Does that tell you how I feel about the quality of service that I received from ADT?

Brian

August 10th, 2017 New York, NY

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! ADT is the worst company out there. The liquidated damages clause, 30 days' notice, and 36-month contract are nothing short of unconscionable given that they don't actually provide the services to which they bind the customer. They immediately threatened turning my account over to a collection agency and impacting my credit score. It didn't matter that they on numerous occasions, in numerous ways, and for extended periods did not provide services.

Steve

August 10th, 2017

My wife and I own two homes and both have ADT security monitoring equipment. One home has had ADT for over 10 years and there's been only one problem with that installation. When the system was first installed, there was a crimped wire installed in the drywall, that vibrated during very strong winds, creating a false alarm on the motion detector. This happened at least twice and the monitoring center called notifying me of an alarm. Although a false alarm, this was proof the system worked and was being monitored. I was home once when the alarm activated during the high winds. I notified ADT of the problem and they promptly sent out a tech replacing the wire correcting the problem. The second home purchased, the Pulse system was installed. Remote monitoring is a great feature. The customer service agent was great. We received exactly the equipment agreed upon at the price agreed. The tech did a great job installing all the security points and the control panel and assisted with down loading the app to our smart phones and going over the system functions for remote access. After receiving the Pulse system I called ADT to inquire on upgrading the old wired system. The customer service agent was great. Gave me great information and pricing to upgrade. Informed me I could get the same equipment and same service at a lower price - WOW! I didn't upgrade at that time but called back a few months later and same pricing and services were still honored. The Pulse system is fantastic, love that little key fob! Great experiences with ADT..no forged signatures, no false pricing and no contracts! Customer service set up both accounts so they are billed as one payment. I don't know about the other reviewers, but it sound like we're dealing with two different companies.