ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Jeannie

November 10th, 2017 Supply, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband is away for work three weeks at a time. My system gives me peace of mind. I don’t worry about someone breaking into my home. I sleep very well at night! It’s very affordable!

Caleb

November 10th, 2017 Casselberry, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I began my awful journey with ADT on Friday, October 20, 2017. I'll list my grievances below and explain why I am wanting ADT to release me from my 3 year contract. 1. For starters, the salesman never told us the contract was for 3 years. I called him and said we would like to get service on Friday, Oct. 20. At this time, I was in the car driving and my wife was with me. He said we needed to sign an agreement, which I assumed was simply for installation. He emailed us document and my wife signed it. At no time did he mention this was a contract that was for ADT service for 3 years. I feel this was very deceitful. 2. In our first week of ADT service, we were charged the online rate ($44.95) on Monday Oct. 23 and not the rate our sales guy quoted us over the phone ($34.95). I had to reach out via Twitter to have this resolved. It was handled, but it was still frustrating we were already charged incorrectly. 3. On Thursday, Oct. 26, our alarm was going off saying a window was open when it wasn’t. I went through the whole house and re-opened and closed the windows and doors. I also called to get a tech out since I was unable to fix it. By the time the tech came to our place on Wednesday, Nov. 1 (the soonest they could have someone out), the system wasn’t acting up anymore, so he couldn’t troubleshoot the issue. Since the system was acting up during this time, I also wasn't able to arm our house in fears it may go off by mistake. 4. A few days later, on Monday Nov. 6, our alarm went off at 1AM and woke us up. Not only was there no window or door open, but it terrified my wife and I. I have no idea why the alarm went off. I was forced to turn our system off as I was worried another false alarm would wake us up later. I feel like I can’t even use the system properly since it goes off randomly. 5. Our service started on Monday Oct. 23. On Thursday Oct. 26 (within the 3 business day cancellation period), I direct messaged ADT on Twitter and requested my service be canceled without penalty as the system was not working as it should. They told me I was outside the 3 day cancellation window and that social media isn't the appropriate way to cancel service. Due to these ongoing issues and the fear of a faulty, unreliable system, I am looking to cancel my service without penalty.

Michael Robert Anderson

November 10th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Run away. Two-three year contracts when you are renting is ridiculous. You then come to the end of your lease and are stuck w $500 early term fee. Likewise, the app and the technology are mediocre at best. Never again.. Yes, ADT, I legally signed a contract and will give you your fee....just a shameful business model for so so technology

Christine Burns

November 10th, 2017 Davenport, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my husband lost his job..ADT cut our bill right down after we told them the trouble we were having..we really did not want to cancel because if a new job took him away from home I would be home alone ..the people who work for the company have always been helpful..and in 14 years we have never had a problem with the service or equipment..

Anne Miano

November 9th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is super responsive and the techs really know their stuff. I had a couple of hiccups with my system right after it was installed, and the techs came right out, diagnosed the problems -- one of which was rare, funky, and required data analysis -- and got things fixed quickly.

glenn krotick

November 8th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have ADT at my house and I moved to another location. Because my orginal house did not sell, I was told that I needed a security system for both houses. When I told ADT that I wanted to reactivate it they said fine and when I asked If I cancelled the account would they be a charge they indicated that there would not be a charge because it would be considered a transfer. Now that I sold the first house, they are now attempting to charge me a cancellation fee of over 1,000. This is not what the representative said would occur. Please do not use ADT they do not back up anything they claim.

Lea Ann

October 31st, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scheduled the setup visit. Went well--30 days later ADT "corporate" called and said they had not hooked up the service and would be taking it over. They came in took the cool panel and left me with an old one--then hung me with 2 contracts. Just keep in mind-when you transfer services to another location, they start your contract over. Poor communication and poor service. Paid the $1,200 cancellation fee and will be checking to see they don't keep charging me. Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 31st, 2017 Duncan, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had the system for three years now. It took three service visits to get the system working properly. Had to completely re-wire the phone lines in the attic. Just found out that they cut the service line to spare bedroom and phone no longer works at that wall jack. They refuse to fix the issue and told me to contact phone company to fix their mistake. Cancelled the service because they don't stand behind anything they do. They can cut lines, they just don't take responsibility to correct lines. All they wanted to do is replace with wireless system, which still doesn't fix the phone not working throughout the home. They just don't get it!! Don't waste your time or money with ADT. Keep looking elsewhere.

Michele

October 31st, 2017 Benton, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had an account for over six years-perfect customer. Called customer service and have never been treated so rudely before. Took two phone calls to cancel account. They began calling me the next day to try to retain me as a customer-four phone calls in 2 days, both at work and at home. I verified the balance remaining on account when I cancelled on 10/12. They just charged me for an additional month on 10/25. Refuse to refund that charge-now saying there is a 30 day cancellation policy and service was scheduled to continue for 30 days after cancellation date, which means they will charge you for an additional month, but they don’t tell you that. Will be filing a complaint with attorney general.

Michael Diffenderfer

October 31st, 2017 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT equipment continues to fail and i have co tunued to reach out. The reaponse is we will send someone out to fix our wquipment and make you pay for it. Also told multiple times battery needs changed and have changed multiple times. The company is horrible.

Fred monongahela

October 30th, 2017 Monongahela, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Put holes in wall then left when they count get signal to finish install for cellular service

Spartacus

October 30th, 2017 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The initial quote was very misleading & the product is over priced

Rose Rossignol

October 30th, 2017 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They lied to me from the begining. They billed me twice and never refunded the over payment.

October 30th, 2017 Bedford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the alarm system, customer service, not so much. Three calls this week, one email requesting certificate of installation - no call backs, no email returned. I need this for my insurance! Not happy.

October 30th, 2017 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The actual installation vs the original phone conversation were quite different

Oklahoma

October 30th, 2017 Edmond, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We like the scurity system ADT provides and customer service is good.

Kelly

October 30th, 2017 Holmdel, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very expensive. We had to cancel the service when ADT would not meet our old alarm companies offer.

Gloria

October 30th, 2017 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The response time is fast with ADT contacting us when the alarm is not disarmed in a certain amount of time.

Roberto Patricio

October 30th, 2017 Springfield, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The actual monitoring service works well, but having to deal with the customer service is the problem. The technicians scheduled were either no shows or inexperienced and without any of their equipment needed to install. Techs come to you house to sell not install. The Sales Rep and their managers would not return calls and made no effort to correct known problems. Dealt with 1 month of issues and still no resolution and given no chance to cancel. Locked into a 3 year contract with no way out, without the service I was initially promised. Look elsewhere.

Kathryn G Patton

October 30th, 2017 Dubuque, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for about 8 years. I had to call to upgrade to pulse. When I did I WAS NOT OFFERED cameras or door bell rings that have cameras now they have Alexa that I would like to have but I can't get an honest answer on. 1st I'm told I need X amount at time of installation but if I have to change the install date my quote won't change. Ha I find out that in my area that I don't have a 3 payment option. It's all up front. $750. Up front. AND I'm under contract for 2 years my monthly payments go up. Then when I raise holly hell I get told by a supervising me. I'll call you back to see if I can get this worked out for you 48 hours AND no call back. Yeah ATD SUCKS. ADT does this to a single woman and a Veteran. Ha I'll just go someplace else AND get a shot gun. I'm not a criminal but ADT IS.

Sm

October 30th, 2017 McAllen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We CLOSED our business but they say we have to continue paying. We payed them for 3 years on time. We even have 3 other accounts with them. Terrible company!

Marie Kilton

October 24th, 2017 Matawan, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly the best security company on the market. I was so impressed by their service over the phone and how they treated a new customer. You don't see that every day!

Brian Carlson

October 24th, 2017 Delaware City, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

so great, ADT is the best in the business and my home security setup went without a hitch. Sometimes you can not tell if a company will treat you right but rest assured, the customer service here is really great

John

October 23rd, 2017 Whitehall, MI

Hard sales approach drove me away. Received different answers to basic questions.

Na

October 23rd, 2017 Cary, NC

High pressure and unwilling to put quotes in print

Rob

October 23rd, 2017 Clinton, MD

Overall good system. Lacks in the doorbell and camera application space. Was hoping for more on that end.

October 23rd, 2017 Camarillo, CA

no so far so good.havn't had it very long

E.

October 23rd, 2017 Tacoma, WA

I didn't chose them I was interested they mistakenly charged my debit card 3 weeks ago still waiting for a refund

Sandy Gordon

October 20th, 2017

Such a solid company! My order was delivered ahead of schedule, and ended up being easier to put together than I expceted. We have two kids and the piece of mind this brings the whole family is priceless. So far I'm very impressed with the service ADT monitored has provided us

David Armstrong

October 19th, 2017

ADT is the WORST company every to deal with. They don't seem to get that customer loyalty is won by good customer service. After paying for their service for nearly a decade they REQUIRED that I upgrade it costing me $$$. Then after I did this when I eventually needed to cancel they wanted 30 days of extra payments. The ONLY recourse they could suggest was that I write a letter to some invisible corporate entity.

Dee Drew

October 18th, 2017 West Newton, MA

I got a promotional email from ADT saying for $99 installation fee the customer would get 15 sensors, $850 worth of a complete system, plus $800 value in bonus equipment and 2 key chain remote without paying a cent. I talked to the sale department. The agent said she would add another $1065 worth of equipment to my order because I had many doors and windows. However, after the installation, I had to pay over $2,000 and did not get the key chain remote. The installer randomly namely the doors and windows without telling me which is which. The system did not arm or disarm 90% of the time. I couldn’t disarm the system in order to come back to the house. I couldn’t arm the system when I needed to go out. I called for help. It took me about 30 minutes from the time I made the call to the time they helped arm the system. So I left the house 30 minutes later than planned and was late for my appointment. The first time I called ADT customer service, I was intimidated by an unbelievably rude woman. I was scared by her and did not dare asking her any more question after the first one. I asked her where I could get the user’s manual because I needed to learn how to operate the system. I explained to her that the installer did not explain anything to me; he only said that if I had questions, call the company. This customer service lady was so annoyed, so irritated when I asked her about where to get the user’s manual. She kept asking “What? What did you say?” I repeatedly apologized for the sound quality of my phone. The tone of her voice was displaying obvious anger. I couldn’t believe a customer service person would behave that way. When she said: “I don’t understand you.” I replied with a question: “Am I speaking a foreign language?” She was outraged, and said: “Don’t you play cute with me.” I swear to God. That was a 100% direct quote. Two days later, despite my hesitant, I called ADT again and asked some questions. About the price, the answer was that I only got 5 free sensors instead of 15 because I was not pre-qualified. She did not tell me how a customer would be pre-qualified. Each sensor was $149. I got 25 sensors. So I had to pay for 20 of them. About why the system did not function properly, she told me to call Defenders. Every day I had to call for help on arming and disarming the system. Finally they sent a technician to check the systems. The technician worked for hours to resolve the problem. He couldn’t identify the names of some windows labeled by the installer. He said: “Did he ask you how to name the windows?” Apparently the installer should have asked me instead of arbitrarily assigning names without telling me which was for which. After the technician’s fixing, the system armed and disarmed properly for 3 days. I was very happy. On the fourth day, I was not able to arm it. I only have the system for a three weeks. Already there are so many problems. What will happen in the next three years? I am thinking of cancelling the service. How much will they charge me for cancellation?

Rhonda Brant

October 18th, 2017 San Diego, CA

I called ADT to set up an consultation to have someone come out and give me a quote for a home security system. The "agent" gave the sales pitch, then asked for my SSN, which I wasn't comfortable in giving, especially when I just wanted to set up an appointment for a home consultation. Ended up giving her the last 4 digits for her to determine I was a "Premium Customer", which then threw her into another sales pitch. When I told her I got all of the great things they had to offer, and that I just wanted to get someone out to take a look at what we might need, and this is after a good 10 minutes on the phone already, she told me that she would need my credit card to get everything set up. Well if I had issues in giving her my SSN info, I sure as hell was bothered by her asking for my credit card info for a darn consultation. I refused the request, she then asked me to hold to "see what they could do for me". At that point her "manager" got on the phone and went on a rant on additional services that only he could offer me that his agent couldn't. After another 10 minutes of a very hard core sales attempt, I let the guy know that I got the whole equipment stuff, but I just wanted to have someone come out to the property without giving a credit card. Long story short, he began to get very irritated that I was "focusing" on the credit card issue when he was throwing all of these great extra at me, but in the end the credit card issue was the issue! I told him I didn't appreciate hard core sales, that he was thoroughly irritating me at that point, and that I had spent way too long on the matter and I was done with the call. The guy had the nerve to continue to badger me until I hung up on him mid sentence. Wouldn't use ADT if they paid me to at this point. Too many other great options better than what this company offers.

Bob Love

October 17th, 2017 Flushing, MI

Had issues with a bad alarm pad. Came out to fix and credit me my time down. Was helpful and nice. Did a good job.

Mark Borren

October 17th, 2017 Wayne, PA

the best! we were so excited to get set up and now we were are so happy it is. They treated us really good - no complaints there. That and the system is the best I have ever seen. Really impressed

Courtney Johnson

October 16th, 2017 Prairieville, LA

ADT collected 3 years worth of payments from automated draft because their agent didn’t cancel my service after I called to do so. They only want to give me 1 year of reimbursement back even though I have proof that I had a new company and have been paying them for years. It’s a shame that a multi million dollar company would take advantage of a customer in this way. I work too hard to give away free money.

Jon Tate

October 13th, 2017

ADT is misleading and has poor customer service. To make matters worse they pass you off to an authorized dealer who is even worse. The 2 companies have different policies and neither know what the other does. Upon moving they did not follow through with scheduling my move so I had to take down the equipment for them. Then they did not cancel my previous service and was billing me for 2 services. After spending countless hours trying to figure this all out between the ADT & Home Defenders (the authorized dealer) they still have not refunded the charges for the previous address. I have been overcharged again since moving in and got a call from ADT saying I am past due! When I tried to explain I had already paid, they said “I can’t see what you’ve paid to Home Defenders.” They are a total mess! I will say that so far the equipment works fine. I pray I never have an actual emergency because I have zero faith that either company is competent enough to handle an emergency.

Adria Blotta

October 13th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

The worst ever. Our alarm stopped working. The soonest they could service was 6 weeks. I took a day off work - they never showed. I called twice and they told me to be patient. The next appointment was another 6 weeks. All the time I'm paying for their "service" monthly even though the alarm doesn't work. So we cancelled our service, and they still kept billing us, then sent the claim to collections... We also have ADT for our business. We decided not to change companies there bc of cost. The battery on the alarm was apparently low so the way they chose to alert us of this was with an automated voice call at 3:30A for seven consecutive nights waking us up for a week until I finally blocked the number on my cell so we could sleep through the night. These are only the two worst experiences we've had with ADT, but we will never choose to use them again and would NEVER recommend them to our worst enemies.

Jaina Gordon

October 13th, 2017

ADT is awesome, their system is always running with no weird poweroffs. Ive been really impressed so far.. also they almost always have a special deal going on - its worth keeping your eye out.

Daniel Sherman

October 12th, 2017

Their phone represents helped me time and time again I can't thank them enough. Seriously a company who cares about you. My experience has been nothing but wonderful and I just got my friend to sign up! My wife and I are very happy with ADT's system.

Ryan Trent

October 11th, 2017

Excellent service, I was so impressed by the professional and courteous staff. The system I have is rock solid as well.

Tom Juergens

October 5th, 2017 Seguin, TX

I had ADT for several years, then at the end of 2016 they jacked my bill up $5. When I called to cancel they quoted me $29.99. I told them that I could live with it, but I would need a written contract. Instead they billed me $32.46 without any contract. When I told them to cancel they said I had a "Verbal" Contract. After fighting with them for six months they sent it to collections. Of course there was no contract. This is the worse company I have dealt with in my life.

Jared

October 4th, 2017 Colts Neck, NJ

I have not noticed any downtime with my sytstem at all. So far it's been very reliable and signing up was short and sweet. Overally really good, I would definitely recommend at least trying it out

James Horner

October 4th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

After months of time on the telephone with lame reps as well as written requests to terminate service, I am no closer to terminating the policy of my elderly mother's account. Her house is sold, telephone service is disconnected, and she is living with me--but the reps don't care. Complete run-around, after years as a loyal customer.

chris

October 3rd, 2017 Schenectady, NY

ADT Pulse goes off line despite our top service internet provider (they blame the internet carrier) then they blame microwave then they blame baby monitors.... after you buy and install this crap. The cameras don't capture enough angle view and, they don't pick up a second incident following the first :30 seconds....

Sydney C

October 2nd, 2017 OH

I have not had this company installed yet, but plan to do so tomorrow as long as what was promised holds true. I do however already have a complaint about the customer service. I had to call 3 times just to get my confirmation email. I was told I would get 3 door sensors, 2 motion detectors, fire/smoke monitoring, and a $100 visa gift card all for the low cost of a $105 installation cost (one time) and a $27.99 a month monitoring fee with a 3 year contract. I refused to have a technician in my home before receiving something in writing to indicate all that the original sales rep promised.The original sales rep. Terrance, said I would receive the email last night. Never happened. I then called this morning and was told that I would get it by the end of the morning. Never happened. Finally I called during my lunch hour and was told by Laqueisha that it was sitting in a ticket for billing and they would get to it. I asked to be transferred to billing and was told "Billing doesn't talk to customers only we get to do that. I can reschedule your appointment to give them more time to get you the confirmation" She transferred me. This new sales rep named Michael (I think) asked what the issue was and immediately reached out to billing and got my confirmation email within minutes. He seemed shocked that I had been told otherwise. If it were not for Michael I would have cancelled and walked away. If they do not honor all that Terrance (original sales rep) has promised then I will not allow the install and walk away. Update: I had the installer in my home. I confirmed that the equipment freebies they promised were in the contract. After he began installing however I was told my monthly rate would be $48.99 not $27.99 because the placement was not near the landline. I was very annoyed that I now was being charged double without ever being told that the placement of my keypad mattered. I just had my walls painted and was not about to let them drill holes and then just leave with no system to show for it. They ended up rectifying the situation by giving me $200 visa gift card and a 10% discount on the remaining equipment. I hope the customer service is more consistent and they learn from this issue. It is not fair to punish the customer for your MANAGERS mistake.

Xavier V

September 29th, 2017 North Bergen, NJ

In all my days I've never been so impressed with a company as much as ADT. Their system is top notch, I love love love how easy it is to monitor. Could not be better

bailey

September 29th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Easy purchase! Everything has gone smoothly and I appreciate the effort they're putting in to make sure I've gotten what I need.

Victor Jones

September 29th, 2017 North Bergen, NJ

amazing representatative took me through the process of getting secured, was easier than I thought! Plus the security system I have now gives me the piece of mind I haven't had in many many years. I should have contacted ADT a long time ago!

Sydney C

September 29th, 2017 OH

Ngoako Tshivhule

September 29th, 2017

My alarm went off and the the patrol guys just came and parked on the street and never even opened their car window to check what's happening. And then they lied to their office and said the gate was too high.