ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

steve sidhu
December 8th, 2017

They offered a $27.99 a month if you had existing wired windows and doors. The first thing they did was to tray and remove my existing key pad, but the did something wrong a it caught fire. (because they were replacing it with theirs it did matter. But after they came into my home that price went up to over $2,000 in new hardware. I continually said NO, and finally we settled on a $200 minor upgrade for motion detectors. But then when they found out I only had a VOIP line they couldn't use that and I needed to add that to my monthly bill. Now my bill was to be $50 a month. I said no and asked them to put everything back. They couldn't because the burned up the key pad. They said I need to call their office, didn't say we're sorry, nothing. Now I have NO alarm system and they are wanting we do get someone to fix it and bill them. I couldn't find anyone to fix it, so now I have nothing and ADT doesn't care, won't do anything, nothing. Worst company ever. DO NOT USE THEM OR LE THEM TOUCH YOUR EXISTING SYSTEM....

Kate winston
December 6th, 2017 Half Moon Bay, CA DETAILS

ADT's reputation speaks for itself! Thank you for securing my home!

Jian Xia
December 6th, 2017 South El Monte, CA DETAILS

I have a dog but I needed something more to feel safe at night. I think the commercials got me but the truth is I feel much better now that I'm protected with cameras, motion detectors and other high tech equipment.

Ryan Tanner
December 6th, 2017 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Maybe I got lucky, but my experience was very pleasant from start to finish. I've had the system for a few months and I am a satisfied customer so far. No complaints.

James Dryer
December 5th, 2017 Fairhope, AL DETAILS

My dad trusted ADT and so do I. They are the best home security company! It's worth it for the peace of mind.

Brian
December 5th, 2017 La Jolla, CA DETAILS

I've heard great things about DIY security systems, but I needed my house protected by a security system installed by professionals.

Frank
December 4th, 2017 Union City, OH DETAILS

Reliable, dependable and easy to work with

Rose Thrasher
December 4th, 2017 Mountain View, CA DETAILS

I feel like a commercial, but I honestly don't know who I could trust more than the ADT brand for keeping my house and family safe.

Dave
December 4th, 2017 Hersey, MI DETAILS

Installation was a nightmare. 6 1/2 hours and the system did not work. Installer damaged my new Samsung dryer by kneeing on top of it even after I told him not to do that. Spent 5 hours on the phone the next day trying to get everything corrected and finally had to get ADT Corp to get things corrected. They sent out another installer the next day and it took him 3 1/2 hours to get it working. All my problems are with Protect the Home or Defender as they call themselves now. I was lied to by the phone rep and then the first installer tried to up charge me $2,400.00. Total crooks . Asked him if he got commission and he lied and said no. ADT needs to dump Defender and the crooked way they do business before they destroy what used to be a good company. I am sorry I did not cancel and do a DIY system myself.

Samantha Ellison
December 4th, 2017 Ararat, NC

They have a representative by the name of Usheka who is Outstanding. If you ever get her, her customer service skills are beyond Admirable. I'll put my name on it.

Charlie Nolta
December 4th, 2017 Piscataway, NJ DETAILS

Setup was quick and painless. Service was friendly. That's all that I ask for.

Mohamed
December 4th, 2017 DETAILS

I was with ADT for over a decade. After all this time my alarm triggered more than once in one day. I was immediately sent a message that ADTs policy is that if the alarm triggers more than 4 times for the MONTH than every inspection thereafter will be charged for. I was then sent an invoice and my account was debited. What about the months when NO alarm was triggered. I canceled immediately and warned many people to review their contract with ADT. I successfully convinced many in my area to change to 7 Arrows who are very active in our area of Observatory Johannesburg. Be careful of ADTs fine print.

Scott
December 4th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

I'm hoping most burglars will be deterred from the big blue sign alone, but good to know there's a great security system to back it up!

Jessica bailey
December 4th, 2017 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS

i usually don't leave reviews but ADT has made me feel safer to be at home alone, at night, etc

Jason Vikram
December 1st, 2017 Centreville, VA DETAILS

I've had ADT since 2003 and it's been great. The installation was straightforward and the system works flawlessly, so I'm happy!

Callum
November 30th, 2017 DETAILS

Mis-sold a monitored system, paid $45 a month for nothing and small print detailed a 3 year contract which had to be paid in full to cancel. These guys are bigger theives that those the system is designed to keep out.

Emmanuel Naidoo
November 27th, 2017 DETAILS

Not customer focused. Needs better communication to customers.

Thanos Toulopoulos
November 20th, 2017 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

Different promises in advertisement different promises on the phone Completely opposite when the Installer comes in

keith morton
November 17th, 2017 Smithtown, NY

complet elies about what they would give me in the package, the agreed to replace my full system and then tried to charge me $2400 when they showed up to my hosue 4 hours earlier than they where supposed to. you can never speak to the same person 2x.

Megan Harris
November 16th, 2017 Converse, TX DETAILS

Overall, ADT is a great, trusted security company. My biggest concerns are because of the ADT Pulse app. It takes forever to load, if it loads at all. There have been times I have been forced to set off the alarm just to get into my house because the app isn't working. Just yesterday, I left my house unsecured because I kept getting errors on the app. As far as disarming/arming with a pin number, I have repeatedly called ADT to reset the pin number and each time they tell me that they are unable to. If it wasn't for the app and inability to reset my pin, I would give ADT 5 stars.

David Suminski
November 13th, 2017 Hendersonville, NC DETAILS

Never ever had a problem with my system or ADT call center . Fast , courteous, fair pricing for what you get.

Jazmene
November 10th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

When my alarm goes off, no one from adt calls. They only know how to call to alert me of a missed payment or the battery being low.

Jeannie
November 10th, 2017 Supply, NC DETAILS

My husband is away for work three weeks at a time. My system gives me peace of mind. I don’t worry about someone breaking into my home. I sleep very well at night! It’s very affordable!

Caleb
November 10th, 2017 Casselberry, FL DETAILS

I began my awful journey with ADT on Friday, October 20, 2017. I'll list my grievances below and explain why I am wanting ADT to release me from my 3 year contract. 1. For starters, the salesman never told us the contract was for 3 years. I called him and said we would like to get service on Friday, Oct. 20. At this time, I was in the car driving and my wife was with me. He said we needed to sign an agreement, which I assumed was simply for installation. He emailed us document and my wife signed it. At no time did he mention this was a contract that was for ADT service for 3 years. I feel this was very deceitful. 2. In our first week of ADT service, we were charged the online rate ($44.95) on Monday Oct. 23 and not the rate our sales guy quoted us over the phone ($34.95). I had to reach out via Twitter to have this resolved. It was handled, but it was still frustrating we were already charged incorrectly. 3. On Thursday, Oct. 26, our alarm was going off saying a window was open when it wasn’t. I went through the whole house and re-opened and closed the windows and doors. I also called to get a tech out since I was unable to fix it. By the time the tech came to our place on Wednesday, Nov. 1 (the soonest they could have someone out), the system wasn’t acting up anymore, so he couldn’t troubleshoot the issue. Since the system was acting up during this time, I also wasn't able to arm our house in fears it may go off by mistake. 4. A few days later, on Monday Nov. 6, our alarm went off at 1AM and woke us up. Not only was there no window or door open, but it terrified my wife and I. I have no idea why the alarm went off. I was forced to turn our system off as I was worried another false alarm would wake us up later. I feel like I can’t even use the system properly since it goes off randomly. 5. Our service started on Monday Oct. 23. On Thursday Oct. 26 (within the 3 business day cancellation period), I direct messaged ADT on Twitter and requested my service be canceled without penalty as the system was not working as it should. They told me I was outside the 3 day cancellation window and that social media isn't the appropriate way to cancel service. Due to these ongoing issues and the fear of a faulty, unreliable system, I am looking to cancel my service without penalty.

Michael Robert Anderson
November 10th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

Run away. Two-three year contracts when you are renting is ridiculous. You then come to the end of your lease and are stuck w $500 early term fee. Likewise, the app and the technology are mediocre at best. Never again.. Yes, ADT, I legally signed a contract and will give you your fee....just a shameful business model for so so technology

Christine Burns
November 10th, 2017 Davenport, FL DETAILS

When my husband lost his job..ADT cut our bill right down after we told them the trouble we were having..we really did not want to cancel because if a new job took him away from home I would be home alone ..the people who work for the company have always been helpful..and in 14 years we have never had a problem with the service or equipment..

Anne Miano
November 9th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Customer service is super responsive and the techs really know their stuff. I had a couple of hiccups with my system right after it was installed, and the techs came right out, diagnosed the problems -- one of which was rare, funky, and required data analysis -- and got things fixed quickly.

glenn krotick
November 8th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

I have ADT at my house and I moved to another location. Because my orginal house did not sell, I was told that I needed a security system for both houses. When I told ADT that I wanted to reactivate it they said fine and when I asked If I cancelled the account would they be a charge they indicated that there would not be a charge because it would be considered a transfer. Now that I sold the first house, they are now attempting to charge me a cancellation fee of over 1,000. This is not what the representative said would occur. Please do not use ADT they do not back up anything they claim.

Lea Ann
October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

Scheduled the setup visit. Went well--30 days later ADT "corporate" called and said they had not hooked up the service and would be taking it over. They came in took the cool panel and left me with an old one--then hung me with 2 contracts. Just keep in mind-when you transfer services to another location, they start your contract over. Poor communication and poor service. Paid the $1,200 cancellation fee and will be checking to see they don't keep charging me. Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 31st, 2017 Duncan, OK DETAILS

Had the system for three years now. It took three service visits to get the system working properly. Had to completely re-wire the phone lines in the attic. Just found out that they cut the service line to spare bedroom and phone no longer works at that wall jack. They refuse to fix the issue and told me to contact phone company to fix their mistake. Cancelled the service because they don't stand behind anything they do. They can cut lines, they just don't take responsibility to correct lines. All they wanted to do is replace with wireless system, which still doesn't fix the phone not working throughout the home. They just don't get it!! Don't waste your time or money with ADT. Keep looking elsewhere.

Michele
October 31st, 2017 Benton, AR DETAILS

Had an account for over six years-perfect customer. Called customer service and have never been treated so rudely before. Took two phone calls to cancel account. They began calling me the next day to try to retain me as a customer-four phone calls in 2 days, both at work and at home. I verified the balance remaining on account when I cancelled on 10/12. They just charged me for an additional month on 10/25. Refuse to refund that charge-now saying there is a 30 day cancellation policy and service was scheduled to continue for 30 days after cancellation date, which means they will charge you for an additional month, but they don’t tell you that. Will be filing a complaint with attorney general.

Michael Diffenderfer
October 31st, 2017 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

ADT equipment continues to fail and i have co tunued to reach out. The reaponse is we will send someone out to fix our wquipment and make you pay for it. Also told multiple times battery needs changed and have changed multiple times. The company is horrible.

Fred monongahela
October 30th, 2017 Monongahela, PA DETAILS

Put holes in wall then left when they count get signal to finish install for cellular service

Spartacus
October 30th, 2017 Tulsa, OK DETAILS

The initial quote was very misleading & the product is over priced

Rose Rossignol
October 30th, 2017 Panama City, FL DETAILS

They lied to me from the begining. They billed me twice and never refunded the over payment.

October 30th, 2017 Bedford, MA DETAILS

Love the alarm system, customer service, not so much. Three calls this week, one email requesting certificate of installation - no call backs, no email returned. I need this for my insurance! Not happy.

October 30th, 2017 Chicago, IL DETAILS

The actual installation vs the original phone conversation were quite different

Oklahoma
October 30th, 2017 Edmond, OK DETAILS

We like the scurity system ADT provides and customer service is good.

Kelly
October 30th, 2017 Holmdel, NJ DETAILS

Very expensive. We had to cancel the service when ADT would not meet our old alarm companies offer.

Gloria
October 30th, 2017 Decatur, GA DETAILS

The response time is fast with ADT contacting us when the alarm is not disarmed in a certain amount of time.

Roberto Patricio
October 30th, 2017 Springfield, VA DETAILS

The actual monitoring service works well, but having to deal with the customer service is the problem. The technicians scheduled were either no shows or inexperienced and without any of their equipment needed to install. Techs come to you house to sell not install. The Sales Rep and their managers would not return calls and made no effort to correct known problems. Dealt with 1 month of issues and still no resolution and given no chance to cancel. Locked into a 3 year contract with no way out, without the service I was initially promised. Look elsewhere.

Kathryn G Patton
October 30th, 2017 Dubuque, IA DETAILS

I have been a customer for about 8 years. I had to call to upgrade to pulse. When I did I WAS NOT OFFERED cameras or door bell rings that have cameras now they have Alexa that I would like to have but I can't get an honest answer on. 1st I'm told I need X amount at time of installation but if I have to change the install date my quote won't change. Ha I find out that in my area that I don't have a 3 payment option. It's all up front. $750. Up front. AND I'm under contract for 2 years my monthly payments go up. Then when I raise holly hell I get told by a supervising me. I'll call you back to see if I can get this worked out for you 48 hours AND no call back. Yeah ATD SUCKS. ADT does this to a single woman and a Veteran. Ha I'll just go someplace else AND get a shot gun. I'm not a criminal but ADT IS.

Sm
October 30th, 2017 McAllen, TX DETAILS

We CLOSED our business but they say we have to continue paying. We payed them for 3 years on time. We even have 3 other accounts with them. Terrible company!

Marie Kilton
October 24th, 2017 Matawan, NJ DETAILS

Honestly the best security company on the market. I was so impressed by their service over the phone and how they treated a new customer. You don't see that every day!

Brian Carlson
October 24th, 2017 Delaware City, DE DETAILS

so great, ADT is the best in the business and my home security setup went without a hitch. Sometimes you can not tell if a company will treat you right but rest assured, the customer service here is really great

John
October 23rd, 2017 Whitehall, MI

Hard sales approach drove me away. Received different answers to basic questions.

October 23rd, 2017 Cary, NC

High pressure and unwilling to put quotes in print

Rob
October 23rd, 2017 Clinton, MD

Overall good system. Lacks in the doorbell and camera application space. Was hoping for more on that end.

October 23rd, 2017 Camarillo, CA

no so far so good.havn't had it very long

E.
October 23rd, 2017 Tacoma, WA

I didn't chose them I was interested they mistakenly charged my debit card 3 weeks ago still waiting for a refund