ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Vivint chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Ed Lusky

December 27th, 2017 Coatesville, PA

This is not about the actual security service. It's the means & methods how ADT sold and installed the system. I first seen the promotional ad for ADT stating starting at $27.99/month, with an additional $100 install fee. The monthly price is almost half of what I was paying monthly and wanted to reduce the amount. I called ADT and the sales agent was very fast talker. One thing stood out that he repeated saying that I would be getting $800 worth of security equipment for free. He repeated this about 4 or 5 times, which I thought was odd. Next day ADT installer showed up and asked me several questions about my current service. He began to dismantle the existing system before asking my any questions. He then told me that he needs to "evaluate" the house to set up the best system for my needs. He went over the system and then asked me it would cost an additional $1200! I was "shocked"! This was the first attempt to take advantage of me. I then told him that I didn't have that kind of money . He then started to pick certain items and I told him that I preferred the basic system for which I was paying $27.99/month. He finished the system and said I was good to go and left. Later I checked my email and reviewed the pdf files ADT sent me. Again I was shocked to find out that I wasn't paying the $27.99/month but $52.99/month! I promptly called ADT and asked them what the 53/month was. They told me I "AGREED"AND "SIGNED" all the paper work, WHICH I DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING! The person told me that I signed the installers iPad and I told them again I did not sign anything. On the documents that they sent me was electronic signatures, which again I was unable to look at until the installer left. This is FRAUD! So the ADT person on the phone told me I requested an "upgrade" for Cellular connection of the security system. I told them I NEVER requested this. So then they told me that the $27.99/month was strictly for a telephone (landline) connection rather than Cellular. I told them this is want my preference was. They then informed me that another installer needs to come to my house and change the service to the telephone line. Extremely Unhappy with this experience. They tried to rip-me off on 2 occurrences!

Ryan

December 21st, 2017 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely GARBAGE! Unbenownst to us until the day of installation, they use a 3rd party company called "Defender home protect". They blatantly lied to us about the compatibility of our brand new hard wired system, so they could sell us $900 Worth of unnecessary equipment (that was extremely outdated) and unsightly sensors to put on top of our brand new working sensors. Fast forward to a couple months later, none of the sensors in our 13 zones work except the front door. After 4+ hours of being transferred back and forth between ADT and Defender, we were told they could correctly install a system using our hard wired system as long as we could get out of our contract that defender had. After finally reaching the correct person for cancellation the only solution we were offered was a whole lot of attitude (as if we ripped them off) and an appointment for them to replace the old outdated sensors while our brand new state of the art (ADT compatible) sensors remain unused. ADT needs to get it together reconsider who they subcontract business to.

Elizabeth Schneider

December 21st, 2017 Mont Clare, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT installed our home monitoring system which we had for approximately 4 years. We cancelled our service over the phone (which was allegedly monitored) and it was never cancelled. We wrote letters, spoke to corporate and still months went by without being able to cancel, even taking names of those we spoke to. The only option was to not pay bill, be sent to collections. In finding reviews we found others having the same difficulty with cancelling services.

Chris

December 19th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful customer service, constantly lied too and very rude. Avoid at all cost.

NJ

December 18th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not sign with them, they bought the contract from another firm without our okay. Immediately raised our rates, and claimed we now had a 2-year contract with them, and would have to pay $160 to cancel it. They were listening to our home 24-hours/day and triggered false alarms to the police 2 different times, which cost us an additional $120 dollars. Pulled all the wires myself to stop the intrusion, and cancel a service we never agreed to. They are listening to you and all your personal conversations!!!

R Fahey

December 18th, 2017 Camden, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Death of my spouse sale of my house move to a friend’s home transfer equipment to relative 5-6 long phone calls to resolve over billing and slow refunds. Am I happy? Not one bit!

Al Kirk

December 13th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got a lot of equipment for free when signing up --- all from the best in the home security market. 5 stars!

janice burtsev

December 13th, 2017 Barnegat Light, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i have not had anything go wrong yet so far!!! i am happy with the service and now i have one less worry

Terry

December 13th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I highly recommend ADT. My house is now wired to the gills with state of the art cameras and sensors and I love checking it on my phone when I'm away :)

jackie giri

December 13th, 2017 Elk Grove Village, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

bad customer service installed by 3rd party, not ADT, done improperly ended up having to buy new equipment they don't know what kind of equipment I have, so they can't tell me how to take out batteries to get it to turn off at 2 am when alarm goes off because "Equipment" thinks the basement is flooding, when it's dry takes forever during an emergency to get a live person they charge for everything... coming out to check the equipment, to change a battery, everything....

Rebecca Kennedy

December 12th, 2017 Tijeras, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used ADT for 10+ years. I had no complaints about the monitoring. However, in my opinion, the $99 upfront cost is misleading. It includes very little and by the time you have what you actually need, the cost is hundreds. As our system aged, it began to have random failures, including going off for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. I finally quit setting it when my husband was out of town. The idea of it shrieking "Intruder Alert" at 2:00 am was more frightening than the potential for an actual intruder. When we looked into replacing it with newer equipment, the cost was well over $1500.00 with no consideration for our years as a customer.

horace qui

December 11th, 2017 Campbell, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience has been very positive! I only had one problem so far-- the motion detector stopped working shortly after installation, but customer service was supre helpful and now everything is working as it should be.

Tamara

December 11th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT contracts with companies that subcontracts to installers who really have minimal knowledge about their systems. Hence why mine was installed incorrectly with extra equiptment that was not needed. When an ADT employee came out to fix, he uninstalled everything and used my already existing system, leaving holes in my newly renovated and freshly painted walls and doors from the previous installation. Also, we were told one price based on "necessary" equipment but when that equipment was no longer needed, they refused to refund. Let's not forget that I set that alarm off several times to test their response time -- not one phone call to find out if I was secure and safe. Not one! Even after the alarm was supposedly working correctly. Additionally, the "6-month guarantee" is not real. A manager insisted on coming out to "make things right." Though he never showed up or called. I called him and he added two other days where he would be available, yet I'd already changed my schedule for that day. Overall, ADT's culture seems to be one of dishonesty and deceit. Though I did not choose to have them installed at this commercial property, my tenant did, I will continue to happily pay EMC Security at home -- no contract. And when my tenant moves out, they can go about their way with this terrible company who does not have to earn your business because they rope you into a contract and treat you like crap afterwards. We also learned from the ADT tech that came out to repair the initial installers work that contractors make more money when they install new equipment verses when they come in and activate an already wired system. THIS is why duplicate system parts were installed. Literally, he installed an ADT motion sensor right next to my wired sensor.

Jimmy Young

December 11th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealt with ADT twice recently and both times left me shocked at their approach to business and a customer of 25 years. First time wanted a quote for a cctv system. £2.5k over 3 years. For 4 cameras and a recorder plus maintenance. Fitted 6 cameras myself good quality system £600. ADT quoted £99 to load an app onto each phone/tablet and connect to system via web. This took me 5 mins per unit. Second time left me speechless. Got an engineer in to move a sensor 18in literally 3 screws and extend a cable. Bill came to £180. Bad me so didn't askvgor cost up front and when challenged was told that's not our policy unless you ask! Now looking for new install and contract with other company who value their customers

Greg wilson

December 11th, 2017 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Heard about a burglary in my neighborhood. Made me realize I'd rather be safe than sorry. Had the system for almost a year now. Thank you for protecting me!

Nate

December 8th, 2017 Boydton, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cost is not a big issue for me..... I need to know everything is setup and done right and working. I trust ADT with this process.

Franklin Derren

December 8th, 2017 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just moved to a new neighborhood, and I got a home security offer in a mailer welcome packet. I never had a system before, but it's a good deal and I'm willing to give it a try in exchange for feeling safer when I'm home or leave the house to travel for business.

Hannah

December 8th, 2017 Coppell, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I seriously considered several different companies, but ADT's experience and track record in the industry is what ultimately swayed me. Happy customer so far.

Jake Harris

December 8th, 2017 Boydton, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm sure every company offers competitive equipment. However, my purchasing decision was based upon what I think are the 2 most important qualities to look for in a home security system: 1) Monitoring and 2) Perceived effectiveness and/or protection level. In my mind, ADT wins by a landslide in both categories. The yard signage alone is a difference-maker. Burglars must be hugely deterred even just by an ADT sign in the yard.

steve sidhu

December 8th, 2017

They offered a $27.99 a month if you had existing wired windows and doors. The first thing they did was to tray and remove my existing key pad, but the did something wrong a it caught fire. (because they were replacing it with theirs it did matter. But after they came into my home that price went up to over $2,000 in new hardware. I continually said NO, and finally we settled on a $200 minor upgrade for motion detectors. But then when they found out I only had a VOIP line they couldn't use that and I needed to add that to my monthly bill. Now my bill was to be $50 a month. I said no and asked them to put everything back. They couldn't because the burned up the key pad. They said I need to call their office, didn't say we're sorry, nothing. Now I have NO alarm system and they are wanting we do get someone to fix it and bill them. I couldn't find anyone to fix it, so now I have nothing and ADT doesn't care, won't do anything, nothing. Worst company ever. DO NOT USE THEM OR LE THEM TOUCH YOUR EXISTING SYSTEM....

Kate winston

December 6th, 2017 Half Moon Bay, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT's reputation speaks for itself! Thank you for securing my home!

Jian Xia

December 6th, 2017 South El Monte, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a dog but I needed something more to feel safe at night. I think the commercials got me but the truth is I feel much better now that I'm protected with cameras, motion detectors and other high tech equipment.

Ryan Tanner

December 6th, 2017 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Maybe I got lucky, but my experience was very pleasant from start to finish. I've had the system for a few months and I am a satisfied customer so far. No complaints.

James Dryer

December 5th, 2017 Fairhope, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dad trusted ADT and so do I. They are the best home security company! It's worth it for the peace of mind.

Brian

December 5th, 2017 La Jolla, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've heard great things about DIY security systems, but I needed my house protected by a security system installed by professionals.

Frank

December 4th, 2017 Union City, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reliable, dependable and easy to work with

Rose Thrasher

December 4th, 2017 Mountain View, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel like a commercial, but I honestly don't know who I could trust more than the ADT brand for keeping my house and family safe.

Dave

December 4th, 2017 Hersey, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Installation was a nightmare. 6 1/2 hours and the system did not work. Installer damaged my new Samsung dryer by kneeing on top of it even after I told him not to do that. Spent 5 hours on the phone the next day trying to get everything corrected and finally had to get ADT Corp to get things corrected. They sent out another installer the next day and it took him 3 1/2 hours to get it working. All my problems are with Protect the Home or Defender as they call themselves now. I was lied to by the phone rep and then the first installer tried to up charge me $2,400.00. Total crooks . Asked him if he got commission and he lied and said no. ADT needs to dump Defender and the crooked way they do business before they destroy what used to be a good company. I am sorry I did not cancel and do a DIY system myself.

Samantha Ellison

December 4th, 2017 Ararat, NC

They have a representative by the name of Usheka who is Outstanding. If you ever get her, her customer service skills are beyond Admirable. I'll put my name on it.

Charlie Nolta

December 4th, 2017 Piscataway, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Setup was quick and painless. Service was friendly. That's all that I ask for.

Mohamed

December 4th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was with ADT for over a decade. After all this time my alarm triggered more than once in one day. I was immediately sent a message that ADTs policy is that if the alarm triggers more than 4 times for the MONTH than every inspection thereafter will be charged for. I was then sent an invoice and my account was debited. What about the months when NO alarm was triggered. I canceled immediately and warned many people to review their contract with ADT. I successfully convinced many in my area to change to 7 Arrows who are very active in our area of Observatory Johannesburg. Be careful of ADTs fine print.

Scott

December 4th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm hoping most burglars will be deterred from the big blue sign alone, but good to know there's a great security system to back it up!

Jessica bailey

December 4th, 2017 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i usually don't leave reviews but ADT has made me feel safer to be at home alone, at night, etc

Jason Vikram

December 1st, 2017 Centreville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had ADT since 2003 and it's been great. The installation was straightforward and the system works flawlessly, so I'm happy!

Callum

November 30th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mis-sold a monitored system, paid $45 a month for nothing and small print detailed a 3 year contract which had to be paid in full to cancel. These guys are bigger theives that those the system is designed to keep out.

Emmanuel Naidoo

November 27th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not customer focused. Needs better communication to customers.

Thanos Toulopoulos

November 20th, 2017 Carmichael, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Different promises in advertisement different promises on the phone Completely opposite when the Installer comes in

keith morton

November 17th, 2017 Smithtown, NY

complet elies about what they would give me in the package, the agreed to replace my full system and then tried to charge me $2400 when they showed up to my hosue 4 hours earlier than they where supposed to. you can never speak to the same person 2x.

Megan Harris

November 16th, 2017 Converse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall, ADT is a great, trusted security company. My biggest concerns are because of the ADT Pulse app. It takes forever to load, if it loads at all. There have been times I have been forced to set off the alarm just to get into my house because the app isn't working. Just yesterday, I left my house unsecured because I kept getting errors on the app. As far as disarming/arming with a pin number, I have repeatedly called ADT to reset the pin number and each time they tell me that they are unable to. If it wasn't for the app and inability to reset my pin, I would give ADT 5 stars.

David Suminski

November 13th, 2017 Hendersonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never ever had a problem with my system or ADT call center . Fast , courteous, fair pricing for what you get.

Jazmene

November 10th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my alarm goes off, no one from adt calls. They only know how to call to alert me of a missed payment or the battery being low.

Jeannie

November 10th, 2017 Supply, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband is away for work three weeks at a time. My system gives me peace of mind. I don’t worry about someone breaking into my home. I sleep very well at night! It’s very affordable!

Caleb

November 10th, 2017 Casselberry, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I began my awful journey with ADT on Friday, October 20, 2017. I'll list my grievances below and explain why I am wanting ADT to release me from my 3 year contract. 1. For starters, the salesman never told us the contract was for 3 years. I called him and said we would like to get service on Friday, Oct. 20. At this time, I was in the car driving and my wife was with me. He said we needed to sign an agreement, which I assumed was simply for installation. He emailed us document and my wife signed it. At no time did he mention this was a contract that was for ADT service for 3 years. I feel this was very deceitful. 2. In our first week of ADT service, we were charged the online rate ($44.95) on Monday Oct. 23 and not the rate our sales guy quoted us over the phone ($34.95). I had to reach out via Twitter to have this resolved. It was handled, but it was still frustrating we were already charged incorrectly. 3. On Thursday, Oct. 26, our alarm was going off saying a window was open when it wasn’t. I went through the whole house and re-opened and closed the windows and doors. I also called to get a tech out since I was unable to fix it. By the time the tech came to our place on Wednesday, Nov. 1 (the soonest they could have someone out), the system wasn’t acting up anymore, so he couldn’t troubleshoot the issue. Since the system was acting up during this time, I also wasn't able to arm our house in fears it may go off by mistake. 4. A few days later, on Monday Nov. 6, our alarm went off at 1AM and woke us up. Not only was there no window or door open, but it terrified my wife and I. I have no idea why the alarm went off. I was forced to turn our system off as I was worried another false alarm would wake us up later. I feel like I can’t even use the system properly since it goes off randomly. 5. Our service started on Monday Oct. 23. On Thursday Oct. 26 (within the 3 business day cancellation period), I direct messaged ADT on Twitter and requested my service be canceled without penalty as the system was not working as it should. They told me I was outside the 3 day cancellation window and that social media isn't the appropriate way to cancel service. Due to these ongoing issues and the fear of a faulty, unreliable system, I am looking to cancel my service without penalty.

Michael Robert Anderson

November 10th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Run away. Two-three year contracts when you are renting is ridiculous. You then come to the end of your lease and are stuck w $500 early term fee. Likewise, the app and the technology are mediocre at best. Never again.. Yes, ADT, I legally signed a contract and will give you your fee....just a shameful business model for so so technology

Christine Burns

November 10th, 2017 Davenport, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my husband lost his job..ADT cut our bill right down after we told them the trouble we were having..we really did not want to cancel because if a new job took him away from home I would be home alone ..the people who work for the company have always been helpful..and in 14 years we have never had a problem with the service or equipment..

Anne Miano

November 9th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is super responsive and the techs really know their stuff. I had a couple of hiccups with my system right after it was installed, and the techs came right out, diagnosed the problems -- one of which was rare, funky, and required data analysis -- and got things fixed quickly.

glenn krotick

November 8th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have ADT at my house and I moved to another location. Because my orginal house did not sell, I was told that I needed a security system for both houses. When I told ADT that I wanted to reactivate it they said fine and when I asked If I cancelled the account would they be a charge they indicated that there would not be a charge because it would be considered a transfer. Now that I sold the first house, they are now attempting to charge me a cancellation fee of over 1,000. This is not what the representative said would occur. Please do not use ADT they do not back up anything they claim.

Lea Ann

October 31st, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scheduled the setup visit. Went well--30 days later ADT "corporate" called and said they had not hooked up the service and would be taking it over. They came in took the cool panel and left me with an old one--then hung me with 2 contracts. Just keep in mind-when you transfer services to another location, they start your contract over. Poor communication and poor service. Paid the $1,200 cancellation fee and will be checking to see they don't keep charging me. Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 31st, 2017 Duncan, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had the system for three years now. It took three service visits to get the system working properly. Had to completely re-wire the phone lines in the attic. Just found out that they cut the service line to spare bedroom and phone no longer works at that wall jack. They refuse to fix the issue and told me to contact phone company to fix their mistake. Cancelled the service because they don't stand behind anything they do. They can cut lines, they just don't take responsibility to correct lines. All they wanted to do is replace with wireless system, which still doesn't fix the phone not working throughout the home. They just don't get it!! Don't waste your time or money with ADT. Keep looking elsewhere.

Michele

October 31st, 2017 Benton, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had an account for over six years-perfect customer. Called customer service and have never been treated so rudely before. Took two phone calls to cancel account. They began calling me the next day to try to retain me as a customer-four phone calls in 2 days, both at work and at home. I verified the balance remaining on account when I cancelled on 10/12. They just charged me for an additional month on 10/25. Refuse to refund that charge-now saying there is a 30 day cancellation policy and service was scheduled to continue for 30 days after cancellation date, which means they will charge you for an additional month, but they don’t tell you that. Will be filing a complaint with attorney general.