ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Mr Edwards

June 25th, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This a awful co to do business with. Third party run the show “Defender”. Very unprofessional. I don’t feel safe in my home since they are the alarm co.

RS

June 20th, 2018 McKinney, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish we could get together and do something about this! I am going to see what I can do about this! When I (thought) I was talking to ADT, I mentioned I had been with Brinks System before. ( I've not had a security system for a few years.) I was told then that ADT had merged with Brinks...I loved Brinks, no problems, excellent service, so I didn't think to review ADT at the time. I'm a new customer in 03/2018...the installer accidentally put his leg through my ceiling...It took me over 6 weeks to get anyone to accept responsibility. Seems, I am supposed to go through "Defenders" which is a 3rd party. Never knew I was dealing with anyone but ADT. ADT Customer Service told me they bought my contract within the week after the system was installed (?) in yet, they bear no responsibility? Will see about that! It took over two months to get a check to repair my ceiling...2 alarms do not work from day ONE of installation, I have requested service MANY TIMES! I was supposed to have a 2100.00 credit to start with, equipment costs me 1800.00 above and beyond this "credit" and I don't have anything fancy, no cameras etc....I was supposed to have the glass breakage window alarms, I don't...I've asked to cancel this contract many times (see the 6 month Money Back Guarantee!)...they won't, was not told it was a 36 month contract, I had a name change in December, never contacted them under any other name but my (new) legal name...they put the contract in my old name and say "You have to sign it in that name!" I so regret I didn't tell them where to put it...need to change billing info no one will respond, so fully expect it to go to collections when it doesn't clear my credit card (which was lost 06/2018). This needs to STOP...and I am prepared to take it on! When you have to sign an iPad and not allowed the time to read the contract...DO NOT SIGN IT! When I asked for a break out of the items installed from the installer, he said I would receive that from ADT in the contract just signed. I have never received anything. Bad-Bad Business!

Oleg Glabuchek

June 18th, 2018 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They sell their package, installing their minimum set of devices for free, but do not mention that there is a 36months contract that you can not cancel. Moreover - they just increased the monthly payment which I am obliged to pay even though I've decided to stop using their service. Not a fair play.

Tom

June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had ADT in the past and the installation was easy and didn't stick out, the company was helpful and it provided a sense of security to me and my family.

Stephanie Muzsek

June 8th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with adt now around 5 years and never had a issue but then I got a new door and windows so I called them to redo my sensor which she didn’t tell me there was a service fee. When the guy came out he told me about the fee so I called in spoke to a manager which said he needed to listen to the call. Meanwhile the guy doing the sensor ask me where the third one is while I’m telling him he screams at me and says “time is of the money let’s go” wtf. When the manager called me back telling me they will credit my account because she didn’t tell me about the charge I tell him what the employee did and how I want him out of my house now . The manager apologizes offers me 33% of on anything else I need so I scheduled a appointment the following Saturday to get the garage door sensor and the glass break sensor. That Monday I decided maybe I should also do two cameras which I have but not with adt thought maybe just have 1 app would be better so I call it’s after hours then I call Tuesday, Wednesday and leave s message. Friday comes around I still didn’t hear from him so I call he says he will put it on the order. Then on Saturday the tech shoes and knows nothing about the cameras so I call and need to schedule a third appointment which they can’t do the next Saturday so they push it another week. The customer service is horrible.

Jaroslaw Urban

June 7th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had been loyal customers of ADT for over 10 years. The monitoring of our house was done through a corded telephone landline. About a year ago, we changed to a wireless landline retaining the same phone number. Several months later the alarm in our house went off without any subsequent action from ADT. We made an inquiry why the company did not react to the alarm and learned that our house has not been monitored for months, since we had changed the landlines. During all this time ADT was charging us monthly fee without providing service. We still had no solution after two visits from the ADT technicians during subsequent weeks, while still being charged. When we stopped paying the fee after seven months without ADT service, the company demanded continuing paying for an additional month and reported us to a debt collector. ADT claims to be the number one company in home security. To the contrary, our experience demonstrates that customer security is not the company’s mission. We want to warn ADT customers that they pay for a false sense of security. Jaroslaw Urban

Keri

June 4th, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT installed their system. I paid $107 when I called. The installer came. I told him I wanted the plan they advertised in a brochure I received through the mail for $19 a month for a year and $39 after that. After the installation. He said it was over $1000 I had to pay. I said I was told I only had to $99 as in the brochure, hesaid it wasn’t true. I got him to go down to almost $900. The very next day they took $73 out of my account. Without my premission. Another untrue. I was told by the installer I would only pay $19 for a year than the $39 for the next two years. Which was not true. I go out to get in my car in the garage and I could open the door. I finally got someone to help me get the door up to go to my appointment, of course I was late. They had to lift the door for me to put the car back into the garage. The the door fell down very hard. My remotes I have for my garage don’t work anymore. It has been a week. I still can’t get the door to open. Being afraid the door will slam down again my car has to be left outside and I can’t get the garage door up or down. They finally says they are coming out after I called the main office. I made so many calls and I had to deactivate the system because the alarm keep going off. ADT are rip off artist. I had to write a letter for then for cancellation. I sent it certified. I don’t trust them and their 72 hour money back guarantee. But I am waiting. It has been seven days and I can’t open the garage door. I made too many calls to count to them about the garage door. Never ever use these people.. Still waiting, over a week.

Ramon

May 31st, 2018 Easton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wouldn’t recommend ADT not even to my worst enemy! I had to unplug the system for almost a year! I called them and after fixing the problem it will get the same problem right away and they don’t show up to solve the problem! Nor call to see if they can do anything about it! T

Grace Hines

May 29th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE CONSUMERS!!! DO NOT GET - ADT-Alarms. They lie to your face and do not honor what they tell you in person. It happened to me twice already. The representative that came to sell me on and install the ADT alarm at the home I was renting "LIED" to my face about me being on a 1 year contract only because I would not go with their service if it was not a condition because I told her I was only needed it for one year. She said she was making it a one year contract and all I would have to do is call them and tell them to close the account with no other fees being due if I complete the year. The problem is that when I called the office to complete my contract due to me moving, the office said that "I was on a 2 year contract because she did not put anything on the contract about being for one year so I have to continue to pay for the alarm or pay them the $855. 52 Contract Termination Charge which I do not have because I am elderly and on low income, so I moved it to my son-in-laws house to complete my two year contract which I am doing. But now when he is moving and I am going to be homeless and I want to complete this two year contract it turns out they now say it is a three year contract or pay $971.80 which I do not have so they have me over the barrel again. Hello I'm going to be homeless "How the hell do I pay for an alarm system in thin air". I think it should be against the law for a security company to "Force You" to keep their service. I can understand a homeowner being bound to having a contract for no end because a house you own is the house so you intend on being there for good or it can be sold with the service included but not a RENTER. And anyone knows a renter is not living on a property for more than a year most of the time. I specifically told them I was only renting for one year and only needed one year service. And to boot I told them both times at both locations. I wish I had known that this was a BAD company to trust and do business with because I would have never gotten it if I had known. They don't care about what is happening and have no compassion, I mean if they did they could let me out of my contract due to "Hardship" and who knows if I managed to get a job which I am trying to do so I can have a place to live then if I did get a place I would probably be their customer again. I regret getting service from this company so much it hurts I mean latterly, I have a bad heart condition and this company is making my heart hurt so much. . Oh and also their systems is not worth beans. I am so dis-satisfied with their product as it’s not very good.

Ethan

May 29th, 2018 Ardmore, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would give them 0 or negative stars if possible. DO NOT go with ADT. They are the epitome of bait and switch con artists and are not the least bit transparent with their sales, service, or promises. After doing quite a bit of research into home security systems I was referred to ADT. After speaking with a sales representative and being completely up front and honest on my end, the sales person completely lied about the equipment that would be provided, the cost of the monitoring service, AND even the offer of the referral and gifts cards with their deal. First off, they will charge you an up front $99 to install, plus charge tax on that, even before you get a technician to conduct the review to set up the system. Then, the promise of equipment - they promise "pre-wired" door and window sensors, however this only actually applies if you have an existing security system and all sensors are wireless anyway, so really they offer 7 wireless sensors ($129 per additional sensor). They will bait you on by saying "a manager is on and will work with you to approve this" - don't believe it, as you'll never hear from that manager ever again, even when you have his/her manager id number. Then there's the monitoring service - they offer $27.99/mo but that's only if you have a land phone line in your home. Including the warranty on the equipment that is supposed to be $36.99, but again they claim it's only if you have a land line. I know others who have the service without a land line paying $36.99 no problem, yet ADT claims they don't do that. Total garbage and lies. So now the monthly monitoring fee is up to $48.99 for wireless. However if you speak with their customer service, they will bring that down to $44.99/month and offer $300 in gift cards to make up the difference between the $48.99 and the $36.99 as promised. It's all such a set up. The next lie is the $100 gifts cards. They offered: - $100 to offset the installation (which installation cost $104.94 with tax so there's lie number 1) - $300 to offset the $48.99 to $36.99 monthly monitoring service (as mentioned above) - $100 referral for the person who referred us Here's where the lies come in - they charge you $4.95 per card in "shipping and handling fees" as they say it's for the tracking to make sure it arrives properly. Furthermore, they reneged on the referral card as they said I had reached the maximum of $400 in gift cards. Lies, lies, and more lies. DO NOT USE ADT to protect your home. There are better services out there who will be transparent from the start. I'm beyond disappointed in ADT - for a company that has been around as long as they have you would think they would want to keep a good name rather than tarnish it. Oh well, they will get some money from me in the interim, but will lose out in the long run as I inform friends, family, and colleagues of their tactics. And when my contract is up in 3 years, I'll be promptly cancelling and there will likely be better solutions on the market.

Greg

May 22nd, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just had it installed today. The $100 visa giftcard they offer is a mail in and u get it in 6-8 weeks. The “free” camera has a $300 activation fee. I felt like i was at used car dealership with their hidden fees and upgrade selling tactics

William Burns

May 21st, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried to leave no stars but they wouldn't allow me to leave no stars I would give a negative 9 stars to this so called security company . We used ADT for a monitoring and camera installation in Scottsdale . When leaving the property, we wanted to take the cameras and other equipment that we had bought from them . They told us to leave the equipment there and they would give us a defined credit when we used them in another home . The reason for them wanting us to leave all of the equipment in the home , is all the other homes had safeguard security and they wanted to get a foothold into that gated community . Upon buying another home we had the ADT representative come out, who was very pleasant and helpful and came up with a proposal . When told about the previous person at ADT and their promises if we left the equipment in the other home . She said she would check it out and get back to us. Over a month later the response was, the person that told us that, did not have the authority and therefore they were not going to honor what their representative told us . I guess we're supposed to know that the representatives of ADT do or don't have authority To do what they are agreeing to do and what you are agreeing to do based on their representations as a representative of ADT . If you can't trust your security company who can you trust . You're definitely can't trust ADT After the sales representative was not getting back to my assistant I decided to call the manager or least what I thought was the manager of ADT,,,, but it turns out they mis represented the manager as he's the sales manager, not the manager of the Arizona ADT division. His response was unless we had confirmation in writing what was promised to us, They would not honor that commitment . The attitude of this sales manager was truly surprising . So I will be forced to file a complaint and go somewhere else even though I gave them plenty of notice and time to Install this system . My advice is to stay away from ADT as if they can't keep their word. Is that Someone you want as a security company ???????? And their excuse that unless you had what we promised to you in writing we are not honoring that Commitment from one of our representatives . It's amazing they won't give us the phone number to the person who made that commitment and keep putting other people out in front . why would you wanna use ADT to be your security company . I can promise you this . I will make My complaint to the appropriate governmental investigative agency to take care of this ADT group.

Teri Hatch

May 21st, 2018 Maricopa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our equipment and system is a year old, not working half the time. They will gladly charge us to look at it. Not a good system and wasting our money. Going with a different system and company. Don’t waste your money.

Jan. Hansen

May 18th, 2018 Rockport, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with adt was as one dispatcher put it a “train wreck”. We found uninstalled door monitors on the floor numerous false alarms techs that never came out and confused customer service agents telling me no tech had been requested. My electrician and I personally ripped out the system ourselves. Called adt and told them I was not paying them. The cocky customer service agency said adt was not worried as Nightwatch would collect. When I wrote nightwatch a long letter they very kindly told me they would not be billing me for the reminder of my contract. Up yours ADT

Cindy Lakin

May 18th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely unethical to force people into paying 75% of the remaining contract when they move. I will NEVER use this company again.

Robert Kearns

May 16th, 2018 Telford, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have ADT for over 6 years. They kept being point the full rate after contract expiration until I finally noticed. I reduced to a slightly lower rate including maintenance coverage. Family changes make it less essential to have monitoring. So I called to cancel or seek a significantly lower month-to-month monitoring rate. Again, ADT offered to drop maintenance and save me $6 per month. Still a relatively high monitoring rate for a 6+ year old system they’ve already made lots of money on. So I asked to cancel and I’ll alarm locally without monitoring. Rep stated they will disable my system if I cancel so it won’t even alarm locally (said this is included in the contract terms...?). I don’t know what to do now. Need to make a decision. I hate being held hostage by ADT or any business.

William R Feerick

May 16th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel ADT offers exceptional service and their staff to be very customer friendly. I have had for many ongoing years a very elaborate system in my home with all the equipment specific to my needs and my choosing. Overall I have zero complaints and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a comprehensive system at a fair price.

Sue

May 14th, 2018 Saint Joseph, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased cameras to watch the areas outside my home. It was comforting that I could remotely see who had been near my home when I'm gone. The problem is the cameras don't work half the time. When I called in they said " The cameras aren't met to be for security". Are you kidding me? Isn't your company called ADT Security?? This camera won't pick up a vehicle in my driveway so it sure won't pick up a person approaching. Out of contract so I'm going to do something different. Any suggestions??

Juan Carlos

May 14th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a very badly organized company A few days ago my alarm rang and the security guards arrived 20 minutes or 25 minutes later What can you expect from them? Actually in that time you allow them to do what they want to do in your house. ADT not Recommended at all

Sonja Squyres

May 7th, 2018 Ingleside, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible my home was destroyed in hurricane harvey and adt is still charging me for a system that dosent even work anymore!

edward gross

May 4th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

misrepresented and lies from installer.stated out door cameras were on order,put indoor camera in and said when outdoor cameras come in one would be installed .i called to check and was told adt did not offer outdoor cameras.plus every one i talked to had a different price.some reps got nasty.i am tempted to cancel and let them chase me.

Donna sargent

April 30th, 2018 West Liberty, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Adt is the most unreliable company I have ever dealt with. Every time u talk to them they tell u a different price. If u need to add something they make u renew 3 year contract . I was out of contract n called them gave 30 day notice they aggravated me to death trying to keep me as a customer. I had paid a year ahead before my contract ended they wouldn’t refund my money until my 30 days was up . I called asking for my money n they said it says that you’re scheduled for renewal. Very incompetent!!!. I said absolutely not all I want from them is my money. Run from them. You’ll be sorry if u deal with them

Marlo N.

April 30th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could rate ADT a zero I would also. If you cancel your services before time they charge you 75% of whatever the time is left which is ridiculous. They won’t work with you and they know you have good credit and if you refuse to pay it goes on your credit report. They shouldn’t give to people that live in apartments and confine them with these outrageous contracts. The alarm goes off without it making any sound and you don’t know until the police is at the door. The city charges you if the alarm goes off too many times which ADT don’t make you aware and the city doesn’t make you aware after you owe them hundreds of dollars. I will never get ADT again and will let everyone I come into contact with about my horrible experience.

Nadia

April 26th, 2018 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am currently having a very bad experience with ADT. The protection system they offer and installed left areas of the house unprotected and I had to call them and show them this, so I had to buy more equipment to protect the house perimeter. I am getting the wrong information each time I reach out to them about the services , when they will call me if the alarm goes off, what I am paying for, and on top of all when I request to speak with a supervisor She is very rude, treats me like I am a little child she needs to educate and scream at me.

Sylvia Smith

April 25th, 2018

We called as a result of the 29.77 offer. Installers were very gracious. Did work hard to sell us more equipment. We declined. Their supervisor offered a an alternative that we accepted. Ended costing us 20 dollars more a month, it We are pleased with what we received. They did assure us we would still received the Visa offer.

Deborah Patton

April 24th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a long time (over 10 year) customer of ADT - from my move from TN to AZ, I stayed with the company. When I moved to a very remote location - no mail delivery or land line service, ADT would not let me out of my (less than 1 year left) contract. They "offered" to charge me the same amount at the new home they were charging me when I had a landline with police notification if they alarm went off at my house. Not the same service but the same price. The comment made was, "well, you chose to move out there." Amazingly, they would not negotiate with me at all, but turned me over to a collection agency when I tried to work with them on the remaining term of the contract. When you can't provide the service how can you charge. The only service they could offer would be a siren and cameras (but I have no landline I told them). The siren would attract no one as I have no neighbors close by due to the sizes of the ranches here. I WILL NEVER again use ADT and will make sure I promote them.

Charlene Malicki

April 23rd, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Read the fine print! They had me thinking I was getting a promotional offer when I was signing a contract unbeknownst to me for double!! Very shady and ADT says if you are not satisfied even after six month, they will let you out of the contract. Not true! They wouldn't budge. A bad company!!!

Kathie Hahn

April 19th, 2018 Burlington, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever. I have been a customer for years and the service keeps getting worse. I recently had a tech come to my company to make repairs to two cameras that were continually malfunctioning, one of which was not working when I had a theft, and he sat on the phone for 30 minutes griping to the person with whom he was speaking about having to get the trucks back by 4:30, how the company sucked, how the meeting did not go well, etc. Then, when I asked him to fix something, he jumped down my throat and told me I should learn myself how to fix it! So he totally screwed up my cameras and left me with receiving upwards to 100 alerts in my inbox on a daily basis due to the way he had the cameras pointing (toward a busy highway so it was constantly receiving motion). Almost a month later, a tech comes to install new cameras with the notation for him to call me (I was out of town) to go over the alert situation. He never calls. He comes back this morning, only to leave with the back camera facing the highway! I called him; he refused to answer. I texted him; no response. I then get a call from the "general manager" Bob D., stating that *I* told the technician, Jason, that I wanted the cameras that way! OMG! I sent 1 hour and 20 minutes on the phone with Jason going over all the issues, including that one, that were causing constant alerts! Instead, the "manager" called me a liar! I have never dealt with such an awful company in my life! To add insult to injury, I called the corporate headquarters just now (it is 1:00 PM EST on Thursday, 4/19/18 and got a recording to call back during normal business hours which are daily. Do yourself a favor. Go with another company that is knowledgeable, professional and appreciates their customers.

Richard Woo

April 18th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there's a "Negative" stars I WANT TO CHOSE IT!! The ADT system is so -so-so-very screwed up! For a simple [transfer of the user] from me as previous owner to a new owner, both of us (previous and current owners) had to call the company zillion times and repeat the story each time, this company does not have a coordinated system so that we have to call different numbers each time and person who answered the phone has to ask questions, read the notes, put you on hold, then transfer you to another department.....and then...... dropped the line!!! I want to use the worst swearing words to condemn the stupid service if I can use it here! Don't believe whatever the sales person tell you, they are just a bunch of crooks trying to shove the products to you then leave you along! Our problem has not been resolved yet - for 10 days of tail spinning effort...I wish I never made the stupid decision to go ADT

Bob

April 16th, 2018 Spring Hill, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could rate ADT at 0 I would. ADT is overpriced and overrated. I could monitoring for our home system at 1/3 of the cost of ADT and we are finding the new service responds faster. ADT has been hounding us with calls to “come back” since we terminated. They also require 30 days notice so even if you sell your home you’ll be paying for an extra month of service. Find a local company and you’ll save money and deal with a more reputable business.

Dot

April 16th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor quality equipment. Poor quality instalation people. Poor quality customer service. Slick, dishonest sales team . You have 6 months to cancel, but they do everything possible to keep from cancelization .....not answering phone calls...to avoid the date. I was within the time frame, followed all procedures to cancel ...because the equipment didn’t work. Was told by adt corporate everything was canceled and I didn’t owe anything, then I was turned into collections.

Jim Schifferns

April 13th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a happy ADT customer for 29 years. My current system was installed 18 years ago and it works as well today as it did the day it was installed. This week I had the land line removed from my house and had to make a decision as to what sort of alarm system I would have to use. I read the reviews on one of the heavily advertised do-it-yourself "no contract" systems and wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. I called ADT customer service and asked about upgrading my system to a cellular system and ADT offered me the upgrade at no cost because of my on going relationship with the company and my payment history. I scheduled the appointment and was advised ahead of time by the agent that the only charge for the upgrade would be the cost of the permit. When the installer arrived he advised me that the permit fee was actually $10 less than what the agent had quoted. I was required to pay for that $30 fee prior to work commencing. The installer was courteous, professional, and very knowledgeable of ADT systems in particular and all alarm systems in general. He donned shoe covers before entering the house and spent a long time searching for the "sweet spot" for installation of the cellular antenna. After the install he did a complete test of the entire system to ensure that every alarm feature in the house (heat, fire, smoke, door alarms, etc. worked perfectly and that the monitor system was in receipt of the transmissions. In my 29 year association with ADT I have never, not once, had a false alarm with my system. The one time it did go off the police department was on scene before I got home. The intruder had entered through my unlocked overhead garage door and kicked in the man door into the house which set off the alarm. Apparently he did not go past that point but departed the scene. My best guess is that for every complaint on this forum there are a million happy, safe ADT customers.

Johnette J Shelley

April 11th, 2018 Huntsville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not sign up with ADT. The sales reps are friendly and knowledgable enough, but you may get stuck in a contract you pay dearly to get out of. I incurred a $740 dollar early cancellation of contract when I moved to a different state. They also turned me my name into a collection agency and it showed up on my credit report. This is even though i contacted an ADT dealer in the new city (they said it wasn't the authorized ADT dealer. I was stupid. Don't be stupid. Go with a security company that doesn't rope you into long term contracts with no way to get out.

Bob Spence

April 10th, 2018 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is definitely the worst Security System company out there. The only thing they are good at is lying. When I purchased there system I was told I would receive a $100 gift card from Visa. They now say that they didn't install the system and I needed to deal with the installers. By the way, nobody seems to know who they are. If I new who to serve I would take them to small claims court. What a rip-off company.

Ed

April 6th, 2018 West Chester, OH

I do not have ADT security. I contacted ADT to upgrade my current system. I received multiple emails about specials so I called them. The ADT agent came to my house, gave me a verbal quote, was checking on one additional discount from his boss and promised to have the quote to me the next day. I was asked to provide my date of birth and last 4 digits of my SSN for a soft credit check. I never received the quote which was over $100 (from verbal at time of visit) and ADT ran a hard credit check. My credit score was over 700 per CreditKarma. The ADT agent never even called me back. Beware of their hyped advertisements.

Sandra Allen

April 5th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible service since Protection 1 moved to ADT. They no longer call when the alarm goes off, only send out fire department each time. Too stupid to fix my alarm system so they charged me $561.00 for new equipment and told me there was no charge. Definitely cancelling my service with ADT after having been with Protection 1 for 7 years.

Chynna

April 2nd, 2018 Collinsville, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not helpful when Ive had problems. Never calls when alarm actually goes off

Cindy tate

March 29th, 2018 Neosho, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was with adt for 2 years, due to getting sucked into a contract. They're way more expensive than most other security systems available. after my two years when I went to drop them, they said that they would give me a reduction in cost almost half so I agreed to it. I kept noticing each month that they had not reduced the cost each time I called they assured me they would. they never did. I finally cancelled, they said they would send me a check for their mistakes they never did. Stay away from ADT

Eileen Smith

March 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Troy was efficient and good communication

Richard Nilges

March 26th, 2018 Mokena, IL

Just had ADT install a system in our home today. We travel a lot in our motor home, and need the peace of mind a security system provides, even though we have lived here 25 years with no problem. Pretty obvious to the bad guys with an RV parked in the driveway that we are leaving! I knew that the cost would be more than their call center quoted because I have a lot of ground floor windows. Just be prepared to spend a little bit more because the call center doesn't know exactly what you need, the tech does. Remember, you own the equipment and can take it with you if you move. But the equipment is top notch, easy to operate, and pretty much foolproof. The smart phone app is easy to use and you can control the system anywhere in the world. Also, a remote for your keychain controls the system from 300 feet. I feel confident in their system because they are the oldest in the business and their tech, Terry, was very knowledgeable and professional. There are cheaper systems out there, but ya get what ya pay for!

Chad

March 23rd, 2018 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the first day ADT was installed I have had problems. Over the past six months or so we’ve had at least 4 installers come out and they never have the equipment needed to do the job. After I told them I wanted to cancel the service the told the would charge me close to $300 and if I didn’t pay it would ruin my credit. Even before this I tried to cancel and there representative started arguing with me . Customer service is bad and they lie. Service is expensive for what you get. The only positive thing is their app.

Alan D. Storm

March 23rd, 2018 Fritch, TX

Was scheduled for installation at 1 pm today , called rep at 1:50 pm wondering where my installer was at . I was told by the rep I would be contacted in less than 15 minutes , 45 minutes latter I called the rep back and asked what we were going to do and was told AGAIN I would be contacted in 5 minutes . At 3:20 a rep for the installer called and said their man was 1 1/2 hours out . At that point we had to reschedule do to commitments , we thought we would , and should have been finished at that point . I was never extended a courtesy call at any time to be informed the installer would be late . The ONY reason I am not firing their ass is this is the company my insurance recognizes . These are the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with . I would not give them any stars at this point , NONE !

kesha mcdaniel

March 22nd, 2018 McKees Rocks, PA

When I called to get a quote I was told by the resprenative that they will need my social security number. At that very moment, that was a turn off because I didn't even get a quote, but you want to do a hard pull !.

Donald Raymond

March 20th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a retired elderly person. I am stuck paying ADT for 5 years and used their system for less then a week. I called BBB and ADT called me and reduced my bill by 10 dollars a month but would not let me out of their iron clad contract. I am still on the hook for 40 dollars a month for 5 years and have used their system for 1 week. The sales person, who is no longer with the company, totally conned me into a system that I hate. Beware of this company and its fine print! Regards Don Raymond, Murfreesboro, TN

Chloe Choe

March 19th, 2018 Lucama, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT's customer service was fast and efficient and got the job done needed within three days of me calling. They were very transparent with what the costs would be and I didn't have any problems going forward. Thank you!

Julia

March 19th, 2018 Flint, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT charged me over $2000 to install my 15 windows, 2 door alarms, and fire alarm plus additional $59 per month for a 3 yr contract period. They also told me I could use the best camera system "Nest" with their ADT pulse app. The next day I saw an advertisement in the paper for free installation plus 15 free windows and free remote with free $100 visa gift card and only $ 27 per month for 3 years. I can't believe their deceptive salesman would charge me an extra total of over $3k compared to everyone else and they give you only 72 hours to cancel the contract and get a refund and you cannot use the nest cameras with their pulse app. I highly recommend against using ADT. I was very disappointed in thr manipulation and ignorance of their sales department.

Carol

March 13th, 2018 Herrin, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

America's oldest and best security hands diown! 24/ 7 monitoring with redundant call centers!24/7 guarantee ADT is "Always there."

RWE

March 12th, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT is very professional. The products they offer are excellent.

Darrell

March 12th, 2018 Longwood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Were initially very impressed with ADT, and we have their Pulse System in 4 properties. However, ADT customer service now leaves much to be desired. One is a rental property, and it keeps kicking off-line. Contacted them to repair, and advised them of guest check-out/check-in time on a certain day. Asked them to come between 10 am and 4 pm (during a 6 hour time period). They have been very inflexible and stated that they could only commit their technician to come out during 4-hour time increments (8-12 and 1-5) when our renters may be on property. Would not recommend ADT, and plan to replace their service at our properties.

Quan Nguyen

March 12th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

Call ADT and expected to get the price they put on the ad which is $27.99 per month. They asked alot of question and askex me to give my credit card information. They then charged me $48.99. They explain the reason and I totally fine with it. But I don't want to install with that high price and tell them to cancel my order. They throw me to a customer service line which kept me waiting for hours without a word or even no waiting music. Too bad for customer service.