ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Richard Woo
April 18th, 2018 DETAILS

If there's a "Negative" stars I WANT TO CHOSE IT!! The ADT system is so -so-so-very screwed up! For a simple [transfer of the user] from me as previous owner to a new owner, both of us (previous and current owners) had to call the company zillion times and repeat the story each time, this company does not have a coordinated system so that we have to call different numbers each time and person who answered the phone has to ask questions, read the notes, put you on hold, then transfer you to another department.....and then...... dropped the line!!! I want to use the worst swearing words to condemn the stupid service if I can use it here! Don't believe whatever the sales person tell you, they are just a bunch of crooks trying to shove the products to you then leave you along! Our problem has not been resolved yet - for 10 days of tail spinning effort...I wish I never made the stupid decision to go ADT

Bob
April 16th, 2018 Spring Hill, TN DETAILS

If I could rate ADT at 0 I would. ADT is overpriced and overrated. I could monitoring for our home system at 1/3 of the cost of ADT and we are finding the new service responds faster. ADT has been hounding us with calls to “come back” since we terminated. They also require 30 days notice so even if you sell your home you’ll be paying for an extra month of service. Find a local company and you’ll save money and deal with a more reputable business.

Dot
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Poor quality equipment. Poor quality instalation people. Poor quality customer service. Slick, dishonest sales team . You have 6 months to cancel, but they do everything possible to keep from cancelization .....not answering phone calls...to avoid the date. I was within the time frame, followed all procedures to cancel ...because the equipment didn’t work. Was told by adt corporate everything was canceled and I didn’t owe anything, then I was turned into collections.

Jim Schifferns
April 13th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I've been a happy ADT customer for 29 years. My current system was installed 18 years ago and it works as well today as it did the day it was installed. This week I had the land line removed from my house and had to make a decision as to what sort of alarm system I would have to use. I read the reviews on one of the heavily advertised do-it-yourself "no contract" systems and wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. I called ADT customer service and asked about upgrading my system to a cellular system and ADT offered me the upgrade at no cost because of my on going relationship with the company and my payment history. I scheduled the appointment and was advised ahead of time by the agent that the only charge for the upgrade would be the cost of the permit. When the installer arrived he advised me that the permit fee was actually $10 less than what the agent had quoted. I was required to pay for that $30 fee prior to work commencing. The installer was courteous, professional, and very knowledgeable of ADT systems in particular and all alarm systems in general. He donned shoe covers before entering the house and spent a long time searching for the "sweet spot" for installation of the cellular antenna. After the install he did a complete test of the entire system to ensure that every alarm feature in the house (heat, fire, smoke, door alarms, etc. worked perfectly and that the monitor system was in receipt of the transmissions. In my 29 year association with ADT I have never, not once, had a false alarm with my system. The one time it did go off the police department was on scene before I got home. The intruder had entered through my unlocked overhead garage door and kicked in the man door into the house which set off the alarm. Apparently he did not go past that point but departed the scene. My best guess is that for every complaint on this forum there are a million happy, safe ADT customers.

Johnette J Shelley
April 11th, 2018 Huntsville, TX DETAILS

I would not sign up with ADT. The sales reps are friendly and knowledgable enough, but you may get stuck in a contract you pay dearly to get out of. I incurred a $740 dollar early cancellation of contract when I moved to a different state. They also turned me my name into a collection agency and it showed up on my credit report. This is even though i contacted an ADT dealer in the new city (they said it wasn't the authorized ADT dealer. I was stupid. Don't be stupid. Go with a security company that doesn't rope you into long term contracts with no way to get out.

Bob Spence
April 10th, 2018 San Marcos, CA DETAILS

This is definitely the worst Security System company out there. The only thing they are good at is lying. When I purchased there system I was told I would receive a $100 gift card from Visa. They now say that they didn't install the system and I needed to deal with the installers. By the way, nobody seems to know who they are. If I new who to serve I would take them to small claims court. What a rip-off company.

Ed
April 6th, 2018 West Chester, OH

I do not have ADT security. I contacted ADT to upgrade my current system. I received multiple emails about specials so I called them. The ADT agent came to my house, gave me a verbal quote, was checking on one additional discount from his boss and promised to have the quote to me the next day. I was asked to provide my date of birth and last 4 digits of my SSN for a soft credit check. I never received the quote which was over $100 (from verbal at time of visit) and ADT ran a hard credit check. My credit score was over 700 per CreditKarma. The ADT agent never even called me back. Beware of their hyped advertisements.

Sandra Allen
April 5th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Horrible service since Protection 1 moved to ADT. They no longer call when the alarm goes off, only send out fire department each time. Too stupid to fix my alarm system so they charged me $561.00 for new equipment and told me there was no charge. Definitely cancelling my service with ADT after having been with Protection 1 for 7 years.

Chynna
April 2nd, 2018 Collinsville, OK DETAILS

Not helpful when Ive had problems. Never calls when alarm actually goes off

Cindy tate
March 29th, 2018 Neosho, WI DETAILS

I was with adt for 2 years, due to getting sucked into a contract. They're way more expensive than most other security systems available. after my two years when I went to drop them, they said that they would give me a reduction in cost almost half so I agreed to it. I kept noticing each month that they had not reduced the cost each time I called they assured me they would. they never did. I finally cancelled, they said they would send me a check for their mistakes they never did. Stay away from ADT

Eileen Smith
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Troy was efficient and good communication

Richard Nilges
March 26th, 2018 Mokena, IL

Just had ADT install a system in our home today. We travel a lot in our motor home, and need the peace of mind a security system provides, even though we have lived here 25 years with no problem. Pretty obvious to the bad guys with an RV parked in the driveway that we are leaving! I knew that the cost would be more than their call center quoted because I have a lot of ground floor windows. Just be prepared to spend a little bit more because the call center doesn't know exactly what you need, the tech does. Remember, you own the equipment and can take it with you if you move. But the equipment is top notch, easy to operate, and pretty much foolproof. The smart phone app is easy to use and you can control the system anywhere in the world. Also, a remote for your keychain controls the system from 300 feet. I feel confident in their system because they are the oldest in the business and their tech, Terry, was very knowledgeable and professional. There are cheaper systems out there, but ya get what ya pay for!

Chad
March 23rd, 2018 Roseville, CA DETAILS

From the first day ADT was installed I have had problems. Over the past six months or so we’ve had at least 4 installers come out and they never have the equipment needed to do the job. After I told them I wanted to cancel the service the told the would charge me close to $300 and if I didn’t pay it would ruin my credit. Even before this I tried to cancel and there representative started arguing with me . Customer service is bad and they lie. Service is expensive for what you get. The only positive thing is their app.

Alan D. Storm
March 23rd, 2018 Fritch, TX

Was scheduled for installation at 1 pm today , called rep at 1:50 pm wondering where my installer was at . I was told by the rep I would be contacted in less than 15 minutes , 45 minutes latter I called the rep back and asked what we were going to do and was told AGAIN I would be contacted in 5 minutes . At 3:20 a rep for the installer called and said their man was 1 1/2 hours out . At that point we had to reschedule do to commitments , we thought we would , and should have been finished at that point . I was never extended a courtesy call at any time to be informed the installer would be late . The ONY reason I am not firing their ass is this is the company my insurance recognizes . These are the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with . I would not give them any stars at this point , NONE !

kesha mcdaniel
March 22nd, 2018 McKees Rocks, PA

When I called to get a quote I was told by the resprenative that they will need my social security number. At that very moment, that was a turn off because I didn't even get a quote, but you want to do a hard pull !.

Donald Raymond
March 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I am a retired elderly person. I am stuck paying ADT for 5 years and used their system for less then a week. I called BBB and ADT called me and reduced my bill by 10 dollars a month but would not let me out of their iron clad contract. I am still on the hook for 40 dollars a month for 5 years and have used their system for 1 week. The sales person, who is no longer with the company, totally conned me into a system that I hate. Beware of this company and its fine print! Regards Don Raymond, Murfreesboro, TN

Chloe Choe
March 19th, 2018 Lucama, NC DETAILS

ADT's customer service was fast and efficient and got the job done needed within three days of me calling. They were very transparent with what the costs would be and I didn't have any problems going forward. Thank you!

Julia
March 19th, 2018 Flint, TX DETAILS

ADT charged me over $2000 to install my 15 windows, 2 door alarms, and fire alarm plus additional $59 per month for a 3 yr contract period. They also told me I could use the best camera system "Nest" with their ADT pulse app. The next day I saw an advertisement in the paper for free installation plus 15 free windows and free remote with free $100 visa gift card and only $ 27 per month for 3 years. I can't believe their deceptive salesman would charge me an extra total of over $3k compared to everyone else and they give you only 72 hours to cancel the contract and get a refund and you cannot use the nest cameras with their pulse app. I highly recommend against using ADT. I was very disappointed in thr manipulation and ignorance of their sales department.

Carol
March 13th, 2018 Herrin, IL DETAILS

America's oldest and best security hands diown! 24/ 7 monitoring with redundant call centers!24/7 guarantee ADT is "Always there."

RWE
March 12th, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS

ADT is very professional. The products they offer are excellent.

Darrell
March 12th, 2018 Longwood, FL DETAILS

Were initially very impressed with ADT, and we have their Pulse System in 4 properties. However, ADT customer service now leaves much to be desired. One is a rental property, and it keeps kicking off-line. Contacted them to repair, and advised them of guest check-out/check-in time on a certain day. Asked them to come between 10 am and 4 pm (during a 6 hour time period). They have been very inflexible and stated that they could only commit their technician to come out during 4-hour time increments (8-12 and 1-5) when our renters may be on property. Would not recommend ADT, and plan to replace their service at our properties.

Quan Nguyen
March 12th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

Call ADT and expected to get the price they put on the ad which is $27.99 per month. They asked alot of question and askex me to give my credit card information. They then charged me $48.99. They explain the reason and I totally fine with it. But I don't want to install with that high price and tell them to cancel my order. They throw me to a customer service line which kept me waiting for hours without a word or even no waiting music. Too bad for customer service.

Patrick Bailey
March 9th, 2018 Detroit, MI DETAILS

ADT has, and always will be, top-notch - in the home security field. I trust my home, family and property to this security company and they do an excellent job!

Carl
March 7th, 2018 Gunter, TX DETAILS

ADT security is the best I have ever come across. Their customer service is the best. They on time and they give quality customer service. The technicians are wow as they are polite and work more so on the installation equipment according to the users needs. Simply amazing

Lawrence
March 7th, 2018 Lindstrom, MN DETAILS

Fast and efficient in other terms You get more than you have paid for

David Piskura
March 6th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

We have a brand new home that come with smoke detectors per building code. ADT put in more smoke detectors! We have hurricane impact glass on our windows. ADT put in shatter glass detectors. Windows are shatter proof. The problem is not ADT it is the installation company they use. They sent us email and USPS mail with all these deals. We ended up paying over $2500. We asked them to remove system and we pay the installation/removal cost. They said no.

Mark
March 1st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

ADT delivery was fast and the installation process was a breeze. Their customer service department is A+ as they guided me throughout the entire process of getting ADT installed in my home.

Jon Davies
March 1st, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

Fast install. Affordable monthly rate with excellent follow-up by customer service.

Jon Sera
March 1st, 2018 La Habra, CA DETAILS

Install technician arrived on-time, was very polite and courteous, and took the time to explain the entire home install process. I feel safe with my new home security system and love the convenience of the phone app feature.

Alicia Smith
February 28th, 2018 Sevierville, TN DETAILS

We have had our system for a year. Signed a 3 year. This company is a piece of CRAP! WE GET SO MANY FALSE ALARMS. Every time we leave unless we use the app. One sensor keeps malfunctioning. They've been out a dozen times. This crappy system still doesn't work. Throwing away hard earned money. Finding another company, better system, doorbell camera system, apps to be notified if someone comes, and for LESS! With a buy out program too! I had heard ADT really sucked but wanted to give them a try. ADT your customer service sucks! Calling and leaving a message saying our burglar alarm is going off, then NEVER notifying 911. IF something really happened we would get screwed, due to ADT putting in a crap system and no monitoring! You charge us way too much for nothing!

Judy
February 28th, 2018 Sunset Beach, NC DETAILS

I had a 3 year contract and had to move to be closer to Family.. Even though it was only 40 miles from where I had lived they refused to reinstall the original equipment that was only 1 and a half years old.. They installed the very same model equipment and charged me for the equipment.. And made me sign another 3 year contract or pay them over 700. To buy out the previous one..I’m 69 years old and live on a pension I can’t afford that kind of money for nothing..I would not recommend ADT to anyone especially seniors they are taking advantage of..

Val Anis
February 28th, 2018 Odenton, MD DETAILS

The same thing happened to me yesterday, after my refusal of services and installation, they withdrew $ 105 from my credit card (supposedly for installation).a day later the money was refunded and so I do not want to write anything about this company.

Neil Nixon
February 28th, 2018 Wellsburg, WV DETAILS

We had ADT for almost 4 years. Most of the time it seemed to work well. If we accidentally tripped the alarm we would get a notification on our phones. This all went to crap when we put in a Micro Cell Tower so we could use our cell phones in our house (we live in the middle of nowhere). From that point on we continued to have issues with loss of service. Within 6 months I had at least 25 calls to tech support and a dozen visits by technicians. Literally... each time someone came to my house to do something they assured me my problems had been fixed. I had absolutely no issues with any technicians whether at the house or on the phone. They were all understanding and very polite. But at some point I rather expected this to be fixed. The last straw came when I was first going to cancel the service and a sales associate said he would credit my account for 3 months for my troubles and the next technician to come to my house will fix the problem for sure. Two technicians later our cell phones still wouldn’t sync with the system when we were offsite but, what the heck I thought, I’ll ride out a couple months and see what else happens. Then they billed me the very next month for even more than my normal bill! I honestly don’t mind paying for a quality service when it works but ADT’s problem seems to be, even with all of the technology, no one seems to communicate to each other what is best to be done or what should or shouldn’t work. I was actually told by a tech on the phone that he thought my problem was the microcell but no one else ever thought so. Anyway, we have the castle law in WV, so I have that going for me!

Stephanie Zuleta
February 28th, 2018 San Rafael, CA DETAILS

I was very pleased with the service and quality. I highly recommend them to anyone else!

Sasha
February 27th, 2018 DETAILS

ADT is the best out there by far. My family and I can sleep well at nights knowing that we are secure with them and not forgetting their awesome customer service. Keep it up guys!

John Smith
February 27th, 2018 DETAILS

I got this security system after my house was broken into. While trying to learn more about the different options available, the customer service was very friendly and professional. Since the system was installed, my family and I feel much more secure knowing we can monitor the activity at the house whenever we want. Definitely would recommend.

Luan
February 27th, 2018 Troy, MI DETAILS

A great company that treats customers with respect and provides quality service, I have nothing to complain about. Simply 5 stars!

Varun
February 27th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

A friend of mine recommended me to get connected with ADT to get my house secured, Making the call was the only thing I had to do, they arranged everything. Would recommend!

Rose Shaw
February 27th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

As 2 young women living in a not-so-safe part of town, we definitely felt that we needed to amp up the security within our residence. We just happened to choose ADT and we were not disappointed! Their customer service is excellent, the prices were extremely convenient for 2 college students, and their professionalism is impressive! This is our first time having a security service for our place, but we have no complaints! We feel safe and happy in our homes knowing that we chose ADT.

Ahmed A.
February 26th, 2018 Post Falls, ID DETAILS

ADT is fantastic! With the rising level of crime in our area we needed home security fast, they offered us a great deal, got it installed fast and my family feels much safer

Luan
February 26th, 2018 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

From my own experience, I can say that ADT-Monitored Security is definitely a high quality company, which offers good protection to customers at fair prices. A company of which I speak well without being asked and recommend it to friends and family.

Donna B.
February 23rd, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I recently moved to a new place by myself and I was in need of a security monitoring system. I gave ADT a call and their customer service was amazing! I had so many questions and the representative answered all of them. ADT is high quality and affordable. I highly recommend them!

Cartez Harvey
February 23rd, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I feel safe with ADT. The customer service was very nice and professional answer all my questions I had.

Lucy
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Am a customer with the company and I love the products they are very good and of high quality,, they don't disappoint.

Emily owen
February 22nd, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

ADT has always been very reliable. It has always worked correctly. Honestly I feel safe having it for my home. I appreciate good products!

Agnes
February 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Since I live alone, I felt I needed a trusted security monitoring system to give me peace of mind. ADT was the best choice for me, not only is it affordable but I can monitor my place on my device anywhere and at any time. Their team is super professional and answers all my needs.

Drain
February 22nd, 2018 Daytona Beach, FL DETAILS

I was informed about this company by a friend I decided to give them a try they didn't disappoint.thanks

Damian
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

This company is actually the best .very responsive and they do their work professionally.

Sasha Selvin
February 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I had an amazing experience with Tiffany and her team at ADT. After a few break-ins in the neighborhood, I decided to get an alarm installed. My boyfriend called around and decided to go with ADT. I'm glad we did because we got a great price and they offered an amazing price. The tech Ron was great, he made it seem very easy to use the system.

Dana
February 22nd, 2018 Graham, TX DETAILS

I have had this system for 2 years and absolutely hate it. Please don't waste your money on this system. Also you have to sign a 3 year contract, if you live in Texas and they can go up on your monthly fee. I have had so many false alarms that I don't even use my system.