ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

REGINA THOMPSON

August 9th, 2017 Savannah, GA

I HAD HAD ADT FOR 20 YRS PLUS. IN 2014 ADT SENT OUT AN ADT TECHNICIAN TO CHANGE MY SYSTEM OVER TO WIRELESS . THE ADT TECHNICIAN OVERLOADED THE ELECTRICAL OUTLET USED TO POWER THE SYSTEM AFTER MY HUSBAND HAD REPEATEDLY TOLD HIM NOT TO.THE TECHNICIAN INSISTED HE HAD DONE THIS NUMEROUS TIMES AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. WITHIN A FEW WEEKS MY HOUSE CAUGHT ON FIRE FROM THAT OUTLET AND DUE TO THE FIRE WE WERE DISPLACED FROM OUR HOME FOR THREE MONTHS. THE FIRE DEPT DETERMINED IT WAS AN ELECTRICAL FIRE FROM THE OUTLET BEING OVERLOADED & ADT REFUSED TO ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEIR NEGLIGENCE AND ADVISED THAT THE TECHNICIANS THEY USE ARE CONTRACTED AND NOT ADT EMPLOYEES AND THAT ABSOLVED THEM FROM ANY LIABILITY. ADT SHOWED NO CARE OR COMPASSION DURING OUR ORDEAL. THE ADT SMOKE DETECTOR NEVER EVEN WENT OFF OR ALERTED THE FIRE DEPT. HAD I NOT BEEN HOME TO CALL THE FIRE DEPT MYSELF OUR HOME & EVERYTHING IN IT WOULD HAVE PROBABLY BURNT TO THE GROUND. THANK GOD WE HAD EXCELLENT HOMEOWNER INSURANCE TO PROTECT OUR HOME & CONTENTS. I WILL NEVER USE ADT AGAIN EVER!

Kenny M

August 8th, 2017

I have been an ADT customer for almost a year. Just two months short. The equipment has performed flawlessly every time it has been activated even during two separate power failures.(battery backup). ADT has come through as promised. My system I selected was pretty much ala carte. No pressure to buy equipment that I didn't want. The Tech showed me the top of the line system then I deleted the items I deemed unnecessary with no worries. They are consistent with billing with no surprises. P.S. Alarm systems are only a deterrent to keep people honest, They cant keep Criminals Out. This statement is directed at one of the aforementioned reviews.

Sandro

August 8th, 2017

They don't care about customer service it takes them a week to answer emailes

Shirley

August 8th, 2017 San Bernardino, CA

ADT is the MOST dishonest company I have ever dealt with. I was quoted a price for monitoring service when I had the system installed. They changed the price of my monthly service and forged my signature on a new contract. I have been paying $10.00 more per month than I had agreed to. The customer service representatives that I have spoken to are incompetent and lack knowledge about the company they work for! I got a different answer each time I called. Asked to speak to a supervisor...even worse customer service. Not worth your time or money. Worse service imaginable!

Alex

August 7th, 2017 Winter Garden, FL

Horrible service and equipment! They installed a pricey equipment and after one day, half of the sensors weren't working. Called for assistance and they secluded for a technician visit and they did not show up. When I called after the scheduled time, they said they couldn't come and wanted to reschedule. Canceling their service!

Cathy

August 7th, 2017

I used ADT for 2 years and had nothing but trouble. I did my monthly system check and every month they sais I was fine. Then my system started sending "ghost alerts" to the police, fire and EMS. I called to get it repaired and was told the closest tech was 70 miles away. I said there is one 20 minutes away, I've used him. ADT swore they had never had a tech in my area. I gave up and called the tech 70 miles away. He said I needed to call the tech for this area because he doesn't service my town. I told him what ADT said and he was shocked. He called ADT and got my local tech scheduled for me. Unfortunately he never fixed it correctly and it never worked right. I gave up after 3 months and changed to a local monitoring and alarm company. They are awesome! DO NOT rely on ADT's reputation and commercials. I did and regretted it.

William Stahler

August 4th, 2017 Burke, VA

We were not told upfront on the number of outlets that would be taken by the camera system. The lamp controller failed within a short time and had to be replaced. Given the expense, the outlet situation and the lack of reliability, I regret ever upgrading the Pulse

Jeffrey

August 4th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

I contacted ADT for an alarm system when our neighbors home was robbed. As a firearms dealer I need a dependable system. While I don't keep an inventory, the ATF publishes my address as a dealer. I asked several questions: Where are the alarms monitored from? Answer: Texas ( I live in Nebraska) Who do you notify when an alarm is tripped? Answer: Police department ( I told them that I don't live in city limits so you mean the sheriff's department. They argued with me and said they only call POLICE.) They would not send anyone out to determine what I needed, I was supposed to do that from their website. They would send a qualified installer only after I chose the equipment. The installer was located in a city 250 miles away in a different state. Needless to say I went elsewhere for my system. Now they won't stop harassing me with phone calls and emails. I get 4 or 5 emails a day and usually 3 text messages a week.

D.B.

August 2nd, 2017

After several years with ADT, I had to disconnect the service because I moved, but I can say I was pleased with them. As of right now, thy offered me a price with some really good deals, but it's a little higher than what I can afford right now, so I'm still doing some research on other companies. Before all of this, I don't have any complaints about the service.

Mark Hamrick

August 2nd, 2017

I've had them in the past, but I haven't decided to go with them yet because it's too expensive. There's other options out there that can do the same thing, and they're even better.

Dewitt Jennings

August 2nd, 2017

Cost wise, it's been good. My mom has had it for years and she's never had a problem with it. Plus, the representative was good. He provided a positive experience. I'm happy with the service and feel secure with it. If I go out and my wife stays home, she just locks the door and turns the system on.

Bill Bennett

August 2nd, 2017

Their price is very competitive, and they have a good reputation. We already have it at our business, so we'll be installing into our house, once we purchase it.

Steve Katz

August 2nd, 2017

Everything was fine when we spoke to the representatives, but it was a whole different story when they sent out a technician. They had given me a price and feature, but when the guy came out to my house, it was totally different. It was a misleading situation.

Lois Lessmann

August 2nd, 2017

We signed up for it because I had an SCI, and my daughter wanted to make sure I was safe while she was gone. Plus, they had a good rating. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the fact that my daughter wrote down all the information they gave us, but when it came to purchase the service, they wanted to charge us more.

Jamie Reed

August 2nd, 2017 Chicago, IL

So nice to have the piece of mind that comes with security. Delivery was faster than I expected and I didn't have any trouble with the set up process.

S Richardson

August 2nd, 2017

My alarm was struck by lighting about 2 weeks ago, as a result my phone line went out. I was without phone service as well as alarm service, for about 2 wks. I contacted my phone provider and they came out and stated that the problem was with the alarm. The alarm service stated that my motion detector had been struck by lighting and ADT does not cover lighting strikes. I asked the tech to disconnect the alarm system, he would not and left. I call the customer service number and attempted to cancel my service and they stated that I would have to give a 30 day notice. After that they set my alarm to go off, which I did not know how to shut it off. So I finally was able to pull the plug out of the wall jack, to stop the noise. This was the most horrifying experiences of my life. How could they be so mean. All I wanted them to do is disconnect the alarm and close my account. I would not recommend them to anyone. I've been a loyal customer since 1996 and they treated me so bad, that I had a nose bleed.

Courtnee Bishop

August 2nd, 2017 Fayetteville, NC

ADT is an all-around, absolutely terrible security company, and I actually dissuade people from getting it. From the nonexistent customer service to the actual equipment, I have been extremely dissatisfied with the service that we have been paying for over the last two years. To begin with, we got our service installed when someone ATTEMPTED to break into our house two summers ago. Less than two weeks after having the system installed, someone DID manage to get into our house (while the system was ARMED) and steal our belongings. They were able to do so by simply flipping the breaker and killing the electricity to our house. ADT NEVER reached out because “power outages happen all the time.” If I knew it was that easy to disarm ADT's system, my husband and I would NEVER have gotten it, because it is basically useless. I submitted police reports and insurance documents to ADT in order to make a claim, but they NEVER responded. I called several times to cancel our service and again, I got absolutely nowhere. On top of that, at least once a month, the panel “loses” internet connection for no apparent reason (no outages, no storms coming, etc.) and needs to be reset. If it wasn't for one tech showing me how to reset it myself, I would have had to have a tech at our house EVERY SINGLE MONTH to simply reset the system. That is absolutely ridiculous! Also, ADT has cost my family hundreds of dollars with the City of Fayetteville because they've sent officers out to check on false alarms—alarms that were caused by our 30 pound dog, which the tech who installed the equipment PROMISED a 30 pound dog “could not, would not” trigger the alarm. Overall, ADT has lied to us, cheated us out of money, and left us at our most vulnerable. Of all the major purchases we've made, ADT is our biggest regret. We should not have to pay for this kind of service or treatment, and we will continue to warn other homeowners about this company. In my husband's own words, this company “sucks butthole juice.”

Jake Millicent

August 1st, 2017

Excellent customer service, I was very impressed by how they treated me. I would absolutely recommend to a friend.

DAVE

August 1st, 2017

ADT sent me a promo for old customers that left. They made some discounts and an installer installed $2700 worth of equipment. I negotiated some discounts and was promised an additional $300 gift card in 20 days. 10 weeks later no $300 as promised. I put in a dispute on their equipment charges of $300. Defenders the rep for ADT starts calling me and harassing me for $300. I told them at least 10 times that you owe me $300 . Now the cards have arrived , my credit card company has released the $300. they still call and say I have not paid over the phone. I am not paying on the phone because my credit card company is sending the $. Expediously the rep from Defenders says ok so you are not paying and this will to on your credit rating and we will turn over to a collection agency. GEEZ 2. Also my monthly bill is wrong- not per the contract + USAA provided a $5 / month discount. When I call ADT they refer me back to Defenders . Defenders acts like they do not get the wrong they are doing me.

Cindy

July 31st, 2017

I called to question the cost of my ADT I have had for years because I pay too much for the service I get compared to others and they just raised my monthly fee. The woman told me why it went up then pretty much dismissed any of my concerns. She gave my the option to buy more equipment and pay more monthly. I pay $56 for a basic service. No mobile app or cameras. After talking to her Its time to check into other services

Shannon

July 26th, 2017 Lakeport, CA

Getting ADT was the worst decision in a home security system that I could have ever made. They are over priced, their equipment constantly malfunctions, and they play this customer service game between them & the 3rd party installer Defender to make sure the issues are not addressed so they don't have to refund my money for a system that has never worked correctly.

Richard

July 24th, 2017

All is well until you cancel. Customers beware. Read the contract carefully. If you do not then you will be dealing with it later. Overpriced for what you get.

J. Graham

July 24th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

From the misleading add, to the high pressure sales pitch, to the numerous calls for billing inquires, to nasty customer reps that you speak to, the hangups when you request a supervisor. 3 Year Contract. ADT is a good company their subcontractors are horrible. Do not use Defenders/Protect your Home for ADT Alarm Service. You will be sorry. I know I am.

Sunday Rottler

July 17th, 2017

Terrible company. We sold the home that had ADT Service, and closed the account. However ADT won't let go. It's been seven months, and they keep billing our card. We keep disputing the charges, and they keep denying that the account was ever closed, even though we've spoken to numerous people who have all promised that the account is closed, new representatives, keep insisting we never cancelled the contract. Even though we did numerous times. Corruption at it's core.

john plummer

July 13th, 2017 Litchfield, CT

This is a mediocre security system with a high price and a contract which is unreasonable. I sold my house and got the new owners to sign up with ADT. yet, ADT is still holding me to the three year contract. This is unreasonable. The company emphasizes sales over the value of a customer.. SHame

Delores Johnson

July 11th, 2017 Slippery Rock, PA

Fantastic service! I was blown away by how friendly and helpful each of the reps I spoke to were. Other companies need to take note, this is how business should be done

Ilene

July 11th, 2017

They installed the security system incorrectly. Alarm would go off and police would show up right away. We got charged thousands of dollars because of this idiot company. the police are in their pocket. Family worked for a security company and has mentioned what a money maker these are and they don't do anything that a dog would. Security companies are a great money maker for the police departments. Get yourselves good servalance and save your money.

Robert McDonald

July 10th, 2017

Overall the system has worked as promised. The customer service has been excellent and the tech that has come to the house have been very good. I do have some issues with some of the products. The camera are not that great and I have experience some problems Window sensors.

BOB BOFFO

July 7th, 2017 Winter Haven, FL

THE WORSE SECURITY SYSTEM I HAVE EVER HAD. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HIGH PRICED.

G Moll

July 7th, 2017

Had problems with the communication while setting up appointments and install. BUT, when the installer came the setup and care for my home was great. As a new customer I am hoping the service is good and that the emergency connections are right. Hope to test it all soon.

Jewel Barr

July 5th, 2017 Cave City, AR

Here in Central Arkansas Alert America was doing contracts for ADT. Alert American has left town and when they pulled out with our 4 year contract into the 8th month there was no way ADT was wiling to give us credit and wanted to bill us for the full amount. DO NOT use them. We have filed with Arkansas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Department.

Joe

June 26th, 2017

They push out apps that render the system useless for days. How can a major security company be so sloppy? Makes you wonder about the quality across the board.

Paul Meadows

June 23rd, 2017 Sunland, CA

Paul M. June 23,2017 First did not know was not dealing with ADT direct, Defenders are the worst. Second the installer installed excessive sensors and tried to get me for a over $ 2,000 charge. I Balked and wanted regular defined install as in ad.. Installer went ahead and installed excessive censors that continued to go off. 18 glass sensors where three would have worked. Now have a invoice from the City for three false alarms and now their response policy is "whenever some one is in the area" timing. Had technician from ADT evaluate system and stated "installation disaster". System cannot be trusted and he powered down the system. That was on June 15th. Contacted AFT, I thought and always got Defenders no matter how many numbers I tried. Finally got someone to transfer me directly to ADT. They said that I needed three service calls within the first 90 days to have the system /contract cancelled with Defenders. Defenders are the only ones to do this-like trusting the fox to guard the hen house. Well I am waiting for my their service call so I can do the cancellation per their contract. Sorry I ever answered the ADT flyer, so I thought.

Shari R

June 22nd, 2017

Everything is fine as long as nothing goes wrong and they collect their money from your account. However, we all have this service for protection when something goes wrong. The monthly monitoring fees were getting ridiculously high. Someone was entering my home and taking jewelry and the motion detectors did not alarm. I had to literally insist that they install additional motion detectors and, violet, the alarm was tripped within days. Communications with customer service are horrible from the start if you have a complaint. Then they send out "technicians" who seem to have minimal experience. I wanted an additional camera over the driveway area and was sold a tiny little camera that did not work at night. It turned out that the ambient light source was inadequate for this camera. Their salesperson chose the camera after an on site inspection and he should have been aware of the ambient light source requirements. But - of course - after the fact their attitude was that I should have known, in advance, that the camera needed more light. And before the light source problem was identified there were a few other ridiculous explanations suggested that would have required expensive equipment and installation fees. What they did install has wires hanging down in my garage and one guy tried to drill though a roof support. Another guy drilled a big hole in the stucco that has silicone globbed in it. I cancelled my service with this company and wish I had never hired them.

Jon Burton

June 21st, 2017

ADT Protect Your Home was very helpful answering all my questions for installing a new home security system for my home.

Manvel Gyuznalyan

June 21st, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Their customer service is absolutely outstanding. It did not take long and all of my concerns were resolved within a short amount of time.

Terri Bourne

June 21st, 2017 Arlington, TX

Where do I begin? Lets just say my signature was forged on a contract with the "Authorized Dealer" and corporate won't do anything. This has been an ongoing issue for months now and nothing has gotten resolved. Billed wrong amount monthly, wrong equipment and so much more.

Martin Forbes

June 20th, 2017

Thanks for the follow up note on Twitter re: Pulse outage. All good now. Appreciated the response.

Maria Lupita Lupita

June 19th, 2017

Love Home Security's customer service. They always treat me like if I were a Queen!

Rolando Creagh

June 19th, 2017

After being a customer for more than 20 years, my house got on fire the 14 of June 2016. The alarm never alerted the fire department because the connecting phone wires to the system were not secure. They never got the fire signal and keep sending me bills like nothing ever happened.

Gene Whoo

June 19th, 2017

This system has worked flawlessly since the day it wan installed, about 2 years ago.. Price is not expensive,did not pay anything up front..One happy camper on this end..

Michael Stephenson

June 19th, 2017

ADT is the worst security system ever. We have a newer system (install about a year ago) and they make you sign up for a 3 year contract. We have had nothing but problems. Putting it into away mode where the motion detectors are active always sets off the alarm. We have a large home and there are areas that can't be covered by the ADT wireless system. The final straw was when a smoke detector erroneously went off causing the audible alarm sound continuously. Upon calling ADT to have them send out a technician, they told us that we'd have to pay for that. As a result we asked to cancel the services and were told that according to the contract we were liable for 75% of the remaining cost. The contract is there to keep you paying for their cheap (in terms of quality of equipment) system. Learn from my mistake and don't use ADT and if you still decide to do so, do NOT sign up for a long term commitment.

Eva Poghosyan

June 16th, 2017

I am so pleased with ADT! They helped me resolve my issue right away and the customer service was absolutely impeccable.

barbara johnson

June 15th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

BEWARE of their authorized dealer program. Two sensors improperly installed and no mention of three year contact. System did not work....error message door open...NO DOOR WAS OPEN. Called ADT and was told it was batteries.Wrong batteries for my my system was sent. Finally called a manager/supervisor and he explained about the authorized dealership program. He told me if I stayed through the two year period, cancellation would be possible with a modification of fee. A real ADT person was sent out to fix sensors correctly. My two years are up and I have cancelled.......... No, sadly, there was no adjustment on the cancellation fee. ADT needs to either eliminate the authorized dealer program or make provisions to customers that received shoddy workmanship due to a authorized dealer's deceitful methods.

Elza Sofie

June 15th, 2017

I am really happy with ADT's customer service. Reps were really friendly and knowledgeable. They helped me with all of my questions and provided ideas of how to set up the system.

Raymond Looper

June 12th, 2017

I had ADT for three years and was NOT satisfied with the service or the equipment. The cheap window and door equipment started to fail within a month, The replacements cost $35.00. Within 6 month all the units failed. I called customer service and all they could tell me was I signed a 3 year contract and I was responsible for the replacement of the failed parts.

Mickey Anderson

June 6th, 2017

We've had our system for a couple of months now. Installer was top-notch. Took the time to explain things in detail. Called him back up last week to ask a question and he resolved my concern in less than a minute.

Cattle Dog

June 1st, 2017 Lynnwood, WA

Beware. The installation was horrible. Big holes that they don't patch. Crazy expensive too. When I canceled the monitoring (because they never called for police twice when they should have) the equipment is proprietary. You can't self monitor. They control it and it will shut itself off after a week of ending the contract. You can't turn it back on with out them. Now they are relentless with phone calls and snail mail trying to get me to sign back up. No way will I even if it was free.. There is too many DIY wireless systems out there.

Ruben Guaderrama

June 1st, 2017 Las Cruces, NM

I purchased a security system through ADT with the understanding that I would only need a monitored service for about two years. I was clearly advised that I could still use my system as an unmonitored burglar alarm after my two year contract expired. I fulfilled my contract and after 4 years decided to cancel my monthly monitoring service to save on monthly expenses. Imagine my surprise when the effectively disabled my entire system, advising me that I would have to renew monitoring fees to get it operating again! They advised me that there was no way to effectively bypass a communications system error indicator and use it as a stand alone burglar alarm. I called around and was able to find a technician to bypass their communications error message which was an annoying chirping sound. With the push of a few buttons the technician was able to bypass the need for monitoring. Should we be more concerned about the deceit with ADT or the thieves they are claiming to protect us from!

Tim

June 1st, 2017 Norwalk, CT

ADT was recommended to us by a friend and we are so happy that we got connected with them. We are very happy with everything so far and appreciate the service we've gotten so far.