ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

BOB BOFFO
July 7th, 2017 Winter Haven, FL

THE WORSE SECURITY SYSTEM I HAVE EVER HAD. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HIGH PRICED.

G Moll
July 7th, 2017

Had problems with the communication while setting up appointments and install. BUT, when the installer came the setup and care for my home was great. As a new customer I am hoping the service is good and that the emergency connections are right. Hope to test it all soon.

Jewel Barr
July 5th, 2017 Cave City, AR

Here in Central Arkansas Alert America was doing contracts for ADT. Alert American has left town and when they pulled out with our 4 year contract into the 8th month there was no way ADT was wiling to give us credit and wanted to bill us for the full amount. DO NOT use them. We have filed with Arkansas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Department.

Joe
June 26th, 2017

They push out apps that render the system useless for days. How can a major security company be so sloppy? Makes you wonder about the quality across the board.

Paul Meadows
June 23rd, 2017 Sunland, CA

Paul M. June 23,2017 First did not know was not dealing with ADT direct, Defenders are the worst. Second the installer installed excessive sensors and tried to get me for a over $ 2,000 charge. I Balked and wanted regular defined install as in ad.. Installer went ahead and installed excessive censors that continued to go off. 18 glass sensors where three would have worked. Now have a invoice from the City for three false alarms and now their response policy is "whenever some one is in the area" timing. Had technician from ADT evaluate system and stated "installation disaster". System cannot be trusted and he powered down the system. That was on June 15th. Contacted AFT, I thought and always got Defenders no matter how many numbers I tried. Finally got someone to transfer me directly to ADT. They said that I needed three service calls within the first 90 days to have the system /contract cancelled with Defenders. Defenders are the only ones to do this-like trusting the fox to guard the hen house. Well I am waiting for my their service call so I can do the cancellation per their contract. Sorry I ever answered the ADT flyer, so I thought.

Shari R
June 22nd, 2017

Everything is fine as long as nothing goes wrong and they collect their money from your account. However, we all have this service for protection when something goes wrong. The monthly monitoring fees were getting ridiculously high. Someone was entering my home and taking jewelry and the motion detectors did not alarm. I had to literally insist that they install additional motion detectors and, violet, the alarm was tripped within days. Communications with customer service are horrible from the start if you have a complaint. Then they send out "technicians" who seem to have minimal experience. I wanted an additional camera over the driveway area and was sold a tiny little camera that did not work at night. It turned out that the ambient light source was inadequate for this camera. Their salesperson chose the camera after an on site inspection and he should have been aware of the ambient light source requirements. But - of course - after the fact their attitude was that I should have known, in advance, that the camera needed more light. And before the light source problem was identified there were a few other ridiculous explanations suggested that would have required expensive equipment and installation fees. What they did install has wires hanging down in my garage and one guy tried to drill though a roof support. Another guy drilled a big hole in the stucco that has silicone globbed in it. I cancelled my service with this company and wish I had never hired them.

Jon Burton
June 21st, 2017

ADT Protect Your Home was very helpful answering all my questions for installing a new home security system for my home.

Manvel Gyuznalyan
June 21st, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Their customer service is absolutely outstanding. It did not take long and all of my concerns were resolved within a short amount of time.

Terri Bourne
June 21st, 2017 Arlington, TX

Where do I begin? Lets just say my signature was forged on a contract with the "Authorized Dealer" and corporate won't do anything. This has been an ongoing issue for months now and nothing has gotten resolved. Billed wrong amount monthly, wrong equipment and so much more.

Martin Forbes
June 20th, 2017

Thanks for the follow up note on Twitter re: Pulse outage. All good now. Appreciated the response.

Maria Lupita Lupita
June 19th, 2017

Love Home Security's customer service. They always treat me like if I were a Queen!

Rolando Creagh
June 19th, 2017

After being a customer for more than 20 years, my house got on fire the 14 of June 2016. The alarm never alerted the fire department because the connecting phone wires to the system were not secure. They never got the fire signal and keep sending me bills like nothing ever happened.

Gene Whoo
June 19th, 2017

This system has worked flawlessly since the day it wan installed, about 2 years ago.. Price is not expensive,did not pay anything up front..One happy camper on this end..

Michael Stephenson
June 19th, 2017

ADT is the worst security system ever. We have a newer system (install about a year ago) and they make you sign up for a 3 year contract. We have had nothing but problems. Putting it into away mode where the motion detectors are active always sets off the alarm. We have a large home and there are areas that can't be covered by the ADT wireless system. The final straw was when a smoke detector erroneously went off causing the audible alarm sound continuously. Upon calling ADT to have them send out a technician, they told us that we'd have to pay for that. As a result we asked to cancel the services and were told that according to the contract we were liable for 75% of the remaining cost. The contract is there to keep you paying for their cheap (in terms of quality of equipment) system. Learn from my mistake and don't use ADT and if you still decide to do so, do NOT sign up for a long term commitment.

Eva Poghosyan
June 16th, 2017

I am so pleased with ADT! They helped me resolve my issue right away and the customer service was absolutely impeccable.

barbara johnson
June 15th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

BEWARE of their authorized dealer program. Two sensors improperly installed and no mention of three year contact. System did not work....error message door open...NO DOOR WAS OPEN. Called ADT and was told it was batteries.Wrong batteries for my my system was sent. Finally called a manager/supervisor and he explained about the authorized dealership program. He told me if I stayed through the two year period, cancellation would be possible with a modification of fee. A real ADT person was sent out to fix sensors correctly. My two years are up and I have cancelled.......... No, sadly, there was no adjustment on the cancellation fee. ADT needs to either eliminate the authorized dealer program or make provisions to customers that received shoddy workmanship due to a authorized dealer's deceitful methods.

Elza Sofie
June 15th, 2017

I am really happy with ADT's customer service. Reps were really friendly and knowledgeable. They helped me with all of my questions and provided ideas of how to set up the system.

Raymond Looper
June 12th, 2017

I had ADT for three years and was NOT satisfied with the service or the equipment. The cheap window and door equipment started to fail within a month, The replacements cost $35.00. Within 6 month all the units failed. I called customer service and all they could tell me was I signed a 3 year contract and I was responsible for the replacement of the failed parts.

Mickey Anderson
June 6th, 2017

We've had our system for a couple of months now. Installer was top-notch. Took the time to explain things in detail. Called him back up last week to ask a question and he resolved my concern in less than a minute.

Cattle Dog
June 1st, 2017 Lynnwood, WA

Beware. The installation was horrible. Big holes that they don't patch. Crazy expensive too. When I canceled the monitoring (because they never called for police twice when they should have) the equipment is proprietary. You can't self monitor. They control it and it will shut itself off after a week of ending the contract. You can't turn it back on with out them. Now they are relentless with phone calls and snail mail trying to get me to sign back up. No way will I even if it was free.. There is too many DIY wireless systems out there.

Ruben Guaderrama
June 1st, 2017 Las Cruces, NM

I purchased a security system through ADT with the understanding that I would only need a monitored service for about two years. I was clearly advised that I could still use my system as an unmonitored burglar alarm after my two year contract expired. I fulfilled my contract and after 4 years decided to cancel my monthly monitoring service to save on monthly expenses. Imagine my surprise when the effectively disabled my entire system, advising me that I would have to renew monitoring fees to get it operating again! They advised me that there was no way to effectively bypass a communications system error indicator and use it as a stand alone burglar alarm. I called around and was able to find a technician to bypass their communications error message which was an annoying chirping sound. With the push of a few buttons the technician was able to bypass the need for monitoring. Should we be more concerned about the deceit with ADT or the thieves they are claiming to protect us from!

Tim
June 1st, 2017 Norwalk, CT

ADT was recommended to us by a friend and we are so happy that we got connected with them. We are very happy with everything so far and appreciate the service we've gotten so far.

Quinn
June 1st, 2017 Irvine, CA

Delivery was stellar, and great customer service all around. Would definitely recommend.

David Kolbenschlag
June 1st, 2017

Have used ADT for 25 years on this same home. Home was built with hard wired sensors on all windows and doors and motion detectors installed. Thus equipment cost was nill. Several years ago I had the pulse system installed with one free camera and one free remote controller offered. This allows me to monitor my camera anywhere from my cell phone, turn on/off lights, Arm or de-arm the system. I also had the cell capability installed in the event the home loses all power and an alarm event occurs the system still alerts ADT. Battery last 5-7 years, very easy to replace and cost about $15. Customer service always polite and helpful.

Cathy
May 18th, 2017 Mount Pleasant, SC

To those of you who say you "feel secure", DON'T. Had ADT for 18 years. In March, my home was burglarized. (I was at work.) When I arrived home unexpectedly, the alarm was still armed. Thief broke a window to enter. ADT still hasn't explained why the motion sensors didn't trip the alarm. "Sorry" they said, and offered to install glass breakage sensors "for only $620". WTH! I had to call the police, have them search the house, attic, crawlspace to make sure the intruder wasn't still inside. Many of the items stolen couldn't be replaced, ie, my late mother's jewelry, and pictures of grandparents long gone. No, don't feel secure if you have ADT!

Mileen Coulter
May 17th, 2017 TX

Complaint Description: ADT installed my security service May 10, It's May 16 and No time set for servicing the unit. Unit installed on May 10, May 12. The unit went off while in stay mode and I put in my code. Then it went off again while it was in Stay. The person had me turn off the motion sensor. I don't want to pay for anything I can't feel secure with. This is after all a Security system!! It is now May 16 and nothing from the office about servicing it. so I still want to cancel my account. Your Desired Resolution: First night I set it in Stay and it worked. Second night I set it in stay and I got up from the computer and walked into the kitchen. Alarm went off. keyed in code and turned it off two times. Called ADT She had me walk into rooms where there was no motion sensor and it went off. someone had me turn bypass the motion sensor. I have set it in away a couple of times? I can't have a system that won't work and I faxed a cancel within 3 days. I believe I will go with a more reputable company.

Carolyn
May 16th, 2017 Rocklin, CA

Started with Brinks Security and then ADT bought out Brinks. We've Ike it from the beginning. And ADT was very, very good. Never had any problems at all.

Megan Rigby
May 10th, 2017

Great customer service and help with quick questions. Eager to make customers happy. Good products that provide extra security for families. Especially for stay at home moms.

Don
May 8th, 2017

Bad product and service, overpriced and kept going up

Gary McVey
May 1st, 2017 MO

Way over priced, both for equipment & monthly monitoring. After 2 years of 3 year contract raised my price frpm $44 to $48. I got a mail ad from them for $28 a month. When my 3 years is up, I'm gone. There are several cheaper services. Customer services have been rude on the phone several times.

D
April 27th, 2017

Buyer beware the fees and equipment are expensive. the features are really cool, but i dont know yet if its worth it......got set up for service today. the 19.95 offer only applies IF you have a landline ... IF you dont have a landline then its $55 a month. Equipment is stupid expensive. To cover 10 windows and 3 doors, and a smoke detector, the total was $1300.

Vivek
April 26th, 2017

Installation and upfront charges are quite high, as is the monthly fees - in certain cities it can be as much as 60$. The 29$ monthly fees is only if you have your own landline for the system to communicate with monitoring company. I decided to cancel within trial period as it was just very expensive with no real benefit over other systems. This is where ADT showed their true colors. They didn't refund the money I paid for the equipment (325$) and their customer service would just stall and give excuses. Very dishonest company that I would not recommend to anyone.

linda preston
April 24th, 2017

Absolutely the worst service I can remember getting from a company! First off they didn't tell me that the police don't have to respond to the alarms (which they don't where I live). Then the alarm started going off on it's own. I just called them and spoke with another idiot there, and she said that if I paid them another $99.00 I could have my service turned on again. I had it turned off due to false alarms. Well, Tansy, or whatever her name was said that I could have my system turned back on if I signed another 2 year contract. Hello?! I have to pay until Sept. so why does she want to stick me with another installation fee and 24 month contract? Too be mean I'm sure. Some of the worst idiots I've talked to work there and I hope people boycott this company!

Gleta M Gaddis
April 17th, 2017

I have been protected from two (2) break ins with my ADT, service has always been prompt and professional.

Janie Nelson
April 17th, 2017

Low batt on display prompted me to call ADT and very fast my appt. was scheduled for a tech. visit.

Meeche Miller
April 6th, 2017

I was satisfied with my ADT system until I decided to add cameras - the cameras are awful - can't see anything in dark but some white figures -they catch the first 30 seconds and then go blank for 4 minutes -bad - When switching to cameras - they rewired my whole system and NOW, the alarm is so quiet I can't hear it I called ADT and they said I was wrong - comes from factory quiet!- it did not come quiet originally! Before I added the 3 cameras - the alarm was real loud and I could hear it all over the house - it cost me an additional $624.00 to add 3 cameras that don't do the job at all and my monthly went from $42.84 to $56 77 after cameras were installed and I am stuck with this for 36 months!

John Best
April 6th, 2017

Well this is my take on security systems with cameras . We have 2 residences one in Northern Ca and one in Southern Ca. Both have the pulse system using 3 cameras up North and 4 cameras here down South. On the morning of last Thanksgiving we had a person come on our front porch at 12.15 am and stole several items . The pulse system is a good system which you can monitor on your cell phone and or tablet and have a portal on your pc. The problem with the pulse system is that any one of the cameras will only capture a 30 sec clip, turn off for 2 mins approx and then back on. alot can happen in 2 min. The camera on the porch only caught the back of the perp luckily he tried to steal our golf cart and the 2 back cameras caught a good full body and facial. Thru our portal (pc) were able to send the clips to the SO. Wasn't satisfied with a 30 clip. Called ADT and our rep came out and showed us how a NVR system works. Note that there are many DVR systems out there on the market but a NVR system he installed has a 2 terabyte capacity and runs 24/7 365. once the hard drive is full it will record over itself. The hard drive is roughly capable of 4,500 hrs.. On Feb 5th the same perp came back and stole our patio heater. The NVR system pegged him perfect. Sent the whole activity to the SO and they scooped him up, now doing jail time and got our heater back. Another nice feature on both systems is that you can designate how many pc portals you want. We have a care taker here in SOCAL and they are installed on his pc and cell phone to monitor at all times. The NVR system is the way to go. The biggest plus is flexibility and communication with Law Enforcement. Totally happy with all ADT provides. For what you pay is very cheap insurance as apposed to the belongings you have. Not counting the most important part. YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY.

[email protected]
April 6th, 2017 Aliso Viejo, CA

have had it for 2 months--love it. Cannot imagine how we got long without it, now feel so secure when we go to sleep!

Deborah Simmons
April 3rd, 2017 Houston, TX

I've been with ADT since 2010 and the only problem I've experience with them is the price to upgrade. They're prices are much higher than other security companies. And each time there is an upgrade you will be required to upgrade your contract. Other than that I have not had any problems with their service.

Jeff Duke
March 31st, 2017

They have worked with me to get it right!

Joe
March 30th, 2017 West Covina, CA

Horrible installation. The technician who installed the system didn't know what he supposed to do. The camera was blocked by the flood light and the technician not even found out until I told him. No customer service. I complained to the local and corporate office. Nobody even responded to my email. Do not trust ADT. They are not professional. They are the worst. We will discontinue the service and refund the system. ADT is terrible.

Roger D Ditman
March 17th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

I have used ADT for over 15 years and found their service to be excellent, their response to alarms very quick and the price for their monitored service very reasonable.