Q-See is one of the most reputable sellers of digital video recorders and cameras for monitoring in the United States. In 2004, the company introduced the first Internet monitoring DVR. Q-See also holds the H.264 compression standard for the DVR and security camera industry.

In 2012, Q-See launched its 1080-pixel surveillance package, the first on the consumer market. Q-See's packages are designed primarily to have a hard drive recording system integrated into the system.

Q-See products are available on its website, as well as in many different stores, including Home Depot and other home improvement retailers. Q-See is actually a business subsidiary of a larger company known as Digital Peripheral Solutions, Inc.

The company was founded in 2002 and is based out of Anaheim, CA. Here is what is included with the 16 Channel 960H/D1 DVR with 16 900TVL Resolution Cameras and 1 TB bulk deal on Q-See's website:

• 16 Channel DVR with 960H & D1 Recording Resolutions
  • 2 Year Warranty and Lifetime Technical Support

Swann chevron_right
Guardzilla chevron_right
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Camera Options
  • 24-Month Warranty
  • Package Deals
  • Compatibility
  • Online Video Tutorials

Camera Options

Over three different brand families are available through Q-See, including nearly 30 dome cameras. It can be easy to be confused by all the hardware and accessories available through Q-See.

24-Month Warranty

Q-See offers a 24-month warranty on all of its products. This also includes a free exchange policy in the case of manufacturing defects for one month after the purchase date. You'll need a copy of your receipt, invoice, purchase order, or order confirmation to receive replacement products.

However, there are a variety of exceptions that will be void of the warranty, including misuse, accident, modification or alteration of hardware or software, cut or spliced cables/wires, painted products, insulation-coated wires, improper maintenance, incorrect power supplies, loss of data, etc. A full list of warranty exceptions can be found on Q-See's website.

Package Deals

Thankfully, Q-See has "deals," basically bundles of equipment that give a client a home camera system. One such packaged deal we found was the 16 Channel 960H/D1 DVR w/ 16 900TVL Resolution Cameras and 1 TB hard drive. This is the highest-end "entry-level" camera and recording system that Q-See sells (at $699.99). It has 16 cameras, as well as a 1 TB recording system.

Compatibility

The system is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices. Another thing that we found out was that the system is compatible with the "Big Four" browsers: Safari, IE, Firefox, and Chrome. The camera recording system has 1 TB of storage and can be upgraded to 3 TB of storage.

Q-See also lets customers "pick and choose" according to their needs. Cameras, recording devices (both digital video and hard drive), and other peripherals can be purchased based upon a customer's individual needs. Q-See also has "reconditioned" products available for customers, which have been returned with no defects.

We found a four-channel setup (with four security cameras) for only $199.99. A major selling point is Q-See's rapid response to firmware updates. These updates help keep the system compatible with computing technologies and phone operating systems.

Online Video Tutorials

On Q-See's website, it has multiple how-to video installment videos that show consumers how to install each Q-See security systems, including the QT IP HD System, the QT Analog HD System, the QC Analog HD System, the QC Wi-Fi Camera with the Q-See Plus App, the QC Wi-Fi System. There is also a video that shows customers how to add the QC Wi-Fi Cameras to existing QC Systems.

The Bad

• Overwhelming
  • Installation Instructions
  • Q-See Reviews

Overwhelming

New customers may become overwhelmed with the sheer numbers of products available. Most "plug and play" surveillance cameras do not have an overly complicated setup scheme. With Q-See, a customer may not know what the best fit for their particular situation is. Thankfully, this negative is rectified by the fact that Q-See has packaged deals for clients who want to get into the home camera market.

Installation Instructions

Q-See doesn't provide any installation instructions or guidelines on its website. A blog, downloadable PDF, or other resource might be a great fit for integrating this product into a home network. For a do-it-yourself, this might be a difficult project to task.

Q-See Reviews

Unfortunately, the majority of Q-See reviews are negative, highlighting poor customer service, faulty equipment and software, and ineffective tech support. We recommend reading through Q-See reviews before making your purchasing decision.

Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Our experts liked Q-See's refurbished product line and found great products at this level. Q-See does not offer a recording service, so purchasing your camera and recording unit is a one-time investment that is sure to reap dividends in terms of home security.

Q-See's recertified products are also a great feature. These tend to be individual packages of cameras or bulk packages that include the following:

• DVRs
  • IP Cameras
  • SDI Cameras
  • Camera Kits
  • Cables
  • Connectors
  • Power Supplies
  • Free mobile app

Even though Q-See says these products are installable as a do-it-yourself project, its installation service is strongly recommended, even though a price is not provided on the website. Installation can be ordered via an e-ticket tool. While this system is perfect for homes, clients still might get a better deal if they use one of the camera systems that integrate into an existing home network. For a small business, Q-See is a great technology.

Check out Q-See reviews below to see what consumers had to say about the company. Current reviews note poor customer service and problematic equipment.

View More of the Best Home Security Cameras

Need a Full Home Security System? See Top Companies

Johann
August 6th, 2019 DETAILS

This company is the WORST!! stay away from it!! If you have a problem they send you to RMA mystery team and you will wait for months until you give up!! This company just wants your money and the product is garbage!!

PETER M
July 26th, 2019 Olivehurst, CA DETAILS

I purchased a Q-SEE Home Security System (4 IP Cameras + QC888 HD NVR) back in December 2018 via Cosco. I am now sadly regretting that decision. The main recorder failed in July 2019, less than 7 months of operation. Now I called their support line to try to arrange to return the defective recorder, you would think, given that it's a security system that they would promptly arrange for the return of the defective unit and send a replacement. Now this is where Q-See has a major weakness. Firstly, don't try and use their chat interface to arrange anything, it is rarely staffed (despite the fact that they claim they offer 24/4 support). If you use the chat interface it will auto respond with "support isn't available right now" send us an email. So I called them directly. Once you finally get through to someone (it's a different person each time), you start to get the run around. I was asked to provide proof of purchase so that they could issue a RMA number and return label via email. Boy, that's a fun process. You would think that issuing that via email would be easy, but despite numerous calls to them, I have yet to receive either the RMA number or return label. I have spoken to Priya, Mouli and Lavanya over the last few days. Mouli was a supervisor who promised me that he would personally resolve the issue yesterday and send me the information. Sadly Mouli clearly didn't take his promise seriously and failed to resolve the issue. So I had to call back again today and Lavanya personally assumed me that she would get a supervisor to call me back today. To be honest I don't really need a call back, I just need the RMA number and return label (how hard can that be?). Even if I clear this major hurdle, I still have to ship the defective box back to Q-See, then they would presumably ship me a replacement unit, that alone will take at least another 5-7 business days and given the poor support so far I'm not confident that they can meet that timeline. So, sadly I await for yet another supervisor to call me back to try and solve my issue.

Larry Jo
July 19th, 2019 East Troy, WI DETAILS

I have a Q-See camera model QTH7211B from set QTH8-4Z3-1 that keeps failing video loss. It is being used with all stock cables and DVR in the set. I have spent considerable time in chat with some over-seas support person via Q-See support just simply trying to get authorization to return the camera for repair or exchange under warranty and got nowhere --- the person kept running me through template questions and after 40 minutes I gave up! Today, a few weeks later, I again clicked on their website button 'Contact Us About Returns' and completed the form information, then Submitted. I then received an email acknowledgement of the request and it was asking me to provided, again, all the same information I had just gave them in the form! I think this Q-See company does not care at all about providing good customer service and I now regret purchasing their products.

Constance Adler Galloway
July 3rd, 2019 Sherman Oaks, CA DETAILS

System and support is crap. The system never worked from day one brain had to be replaced once and never worked with the second one either advertise as great storage for the continent collects the truth is storage is nonexistent and not worth the two weeks it promises on continual use it erases its content constantly with no backup said it was not easy and it was costly with system setup close to Wi-Fi and central location chords are not long enough cameras do not stay plugged in well and are constantly going out support was the biggest joke of all they spent more time not getting back to me or blocking the ability to help me most people answering take more time exploring the possibility or non possibility of warranty then they do actually hoping I wish I had checked into reviews prior to buying it I would have never bought it

DH
June 21st, 2019 Memphis, TN DETAILS

I bought a system with PIR cameras but I found a compatibility chart on their website that states that the PIR cameras do not work with the DVR that CAME WITH THE SYSTEM! I have attempted to contact Q-See multiple times but their offshore technical support is AWFUL! I am hoping some sort of class action will begin on this blatant act of false advertising. Any attorneys willing to take them on? The parent company appears to be Digital Peripheral Solutions.

Renee
June 20th, 2019 Latham, NY DETAILS

Run - Do Not Purchase from this company. They deflect all questions and never provide any actual answers. I cannot rate the product as yet as I cannot get shipping information.

CJ
February 20th, 2019 Vista, CA

Don't waste your time with this company!! Appalling customer service! They cannot speak English and therefore cannot answer technical questions. After 25 minutes on the phone with an agent and her broken English, going back and forth with her back office trying to answer my questions, I gave up! I can't even tell you about the quality of Q-See products because if it's this bad with my first contact in reaching out to the company, I'm done! Listen to ALL the other one stars because they are telling the truth.

John G Gwinn
November 7th, 2018 San Diego, CA

i have a qc8116 nvr running 16 cameras since 2015. i use the QC view to view the system remotely and it works perfectly on my android phone. I have had one camera fail and with the quality of products today i feel that is acceptable. A few months ago the NVR started to randomly reboot. A call to tech support resulted in no help and only an offer to buy a new NVR. Since i work in electronics, i suspected an overheat condition was causing the problem. A review of the log indicated the system was recycling about every 10 minutes. i opened the unit and found both the power supply fan and the case fan had failed. Replacing the fans fixed the issue and the nvr is working normally. I see many complaints that the system is constantly rebooting. I would suggest taking the unit to a local electronic repair shop and have them check the fans. Q-see tech support is totally worthless if you have an issue

Jonathan
November 2nd, 2018 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I purchased a QTH94 DVR and 4-QTA8049D cameras. I have never installed a security system before and had no issues with the installation and setup of the system. The cameras all worked and displayed on the DVR monitor. While not intuitive, the setup of camera record options was completed without any issues. I did struggle a bit trying to attain remote access to the DVR via my home network. Tech support was competent and knowledgeable, though a few techs were hard to understand. By speaking more slowly, those with more of an accent were more easily understood. My problem turned out to be not with the Q-See equipment, but with the CAT 5 cable connecting the DVR to the router.

Neil Baker
September 20th, 2018 Ponte Vedra, FL

Qsee equipment is fine but their software is very poor. No update for my ios 12.0 Apple Ipad. that was using QT View Classic. Now nothing......very poor.

Wendy Adams
August 23rd, 2018 Thibodaux, LA

I have had no problems with the cameras but customer support is the worst I have ever seen. Their network is CONSTANTLY down so I cannot view remotely. Every few months my system just resets and reverts to the generic ID and password and I have to log in and change it to something else. Almost no one speaks English clearly enough to understand and they get rude when you ask them to repeat. No matter what the problem is, I have to be at the DVR in order to fix it, so when I get home and call, I have to wait the typical 45 minutes for a customer service representative. And everyone should pay attention to this--- once I called because I was unable to access my system remotely and the guy on their end says "I don't know what the problem could be. I was just able to log in"----HE LOGGED IN TO REMOTELY VIEW MY SYSTEM WHEN I HAD NOT EVEN PROVIDED HIM WITH A USER ID OR PASSWORD OR IN ANY WAY GIVEN HIM PERMISSION TO DO SO!!! BE CAREFUL. I will never buy from this company again!

Jim Elhage
August 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Beware!!! I bought a Q-See NVR 6 camera home security system from Costco. It was the QC- 858. It was the biggest mistake I have ever made!!! I bought this unit 2 years ago and in the beginning I had great customer service. When ever I had a problem I spoke to people with a great command of the English language. Everyone I spoke to went the exrta mile to resolve my problem.Q-See is suppose to be an American company based in California but recently I have run into a problem with my NVR recorder. It will not let anyone in saying it had the wrong password. I called Q-See's tech support and had nothing but problems. They couldn't even access the unit. So though out my frustration, I learned that every number I now call sends me to someone in India! They told me that I would have to send them my product with a per paid shipping label. I have not gotten the original packaging but all other companies that I have ever dealt with have always taken my credit card number and held that information while sending me a replacement in the packaging they would send me. I waited just over a week and didn't see the unit so I called them, only to find out that I would have to send my unit to them first, even though I didn't have the proper shipping packaging. I also learned that they were not responsible for any shipping damage. So I made a makeshift package and took it to UPS. I asked if I could pay for insurance for the shipping seeing as Q-SEE didn't. I was told by UPS that I couldn't unless I paid for shipping as well. So I got the tracking number and I was told by Q-See that the best they could do for me is that once they receive my unit, that they would over night me a new one. Now they say that I would have to pay for over night shipping. I haven't had a home security system running for almost a month now and am still waiting. i TOLD THEM THAT I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING OF THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN.! OH AND IF YOU PUT A BAD REVIEW ON THEIR WEB SITE IT DISAPPEARS!!! BEWARE!!! THIS IS AN COMPANY THAT MAY SHOW IT IS BASED IN THE USA, BUT IT IS REALLY IN INDIA.

Jeffrey McIntyre
August 1st, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I have made more than a dozen calls to "customer support" on the same issue: remote monitoring. Each time, the "customer support" person makes some adjustment in the DVR and/or router, and the connection is re-established. That is, until I attempt to view the cameras remotely the next day, then the app on my phone shows as "device offline". Of course, "customer support" can't do anything to help me until I'm beside the device. So when I'm home again, I go through the exact same process, only to have it fail again the next day. Either this equipment or the app is crappy, or the "customer support" personnel are not adequately trained to deal with the problems. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! It's been an extremely frustrating process. I'm now looking into replacements.

Andrea
July 2nd, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

I would rate this company, Qsee a zero if I could. I will never buy a piece of equipment from this false company again. I do my research well before I purchase anything . I read reviews , I compare pricing , I compare technology options and conveniences . This I did thoroughly before I decided to purchase this Q see DVR & 6 HD cameras. After doing my research and reading all of the reviews specifically on their website , it ultimately helped make the decision to purchase this equipment . I feel totally betrayed and I'm thoroughly disgusted and ticked off . I purchased this bundle from Costco. I have had wonderful luck with Costco and thoroughly trust that the products they offer are good quality and good in good standing. I paid a substantial amount for the system and had to pay additionally to purchase monitor to be able to view from home & to have somebody install it in my home. The DVR & the apps. are very archaic and not user-friendly! They provide these dumb little illustrations but do not provide full detail instructions to utilize them properly or use use notifications, remote viewing option on app, email alerts, etc. Viewing the cameras through the new monitor is the best picture you can get & not all the time! The cameras seem heavy duty, however, are made cheaply and and do not stay in place because there are held in position with two screws. It is impossible to keep your camera in a precise angle in order to get a good picture. Besides the camera moving out of place, a lot of times the cameras are distorted and fuzzy. Night vision is even worse! I have solar house lights in some areas, because of this, the light from these blocks any type of visibility no matter what color settings are manipulated. They are worthless! Someone broke in next door and they ran by 3 of my cameras which were within 15 feet! Not one camera could detect anyone or anything. I was not able to provide the police any footage because of the poor camera quality! I wanted the ability to view my home when I was away to make sure it was secure with a security camera system that provided a free mobile app. The apps provided for mobile phones are worthless too. I am not able to use the mobile app 99% of the time. It crashes continually. When it does I have to start from the beginning by taking a picture of my DVR barcode, inputting my network info, camera name & password every time. It is a waste of time, not efficient, poor quality, far outdated-just junk! I found out you are unable to review their products on their site. Read the falsified reviews. It is quite disgusting, distasteful and disrepectful! Each review annoyingly "praises the equipment and all of the features and options are perfect.". You will not find one negative review. https://q-see.com/pages/reviews The only option you can do on their fake site is write a review for their site. These are also fictional and written by phony people, paid people, or their employees and friends! Of note, I have read their reviews a couple of times since I've owned their equipment over the last 2 years. They did not change much. However, I recently wrote a poor review on their site and even received an email confirmation to my email address which I confirmed and it stated my review was posted. The review is not posted anywhere on the website and I noticed that several more "perfect reviews" have been added instead. Previously, there were many reviews with apparent broken English. You could get the sense that you were reading from reviews that were written by the same people or group of people. Please file complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Consumer Protection to get these crooks out of business! We do not need anymore unworthy people taking our hard-earned money. Do America a favor and get rid of these Crooks.

James
May 4th, 2018 La Jolla, CA

I guess I am one of the few that has not had any bad experiences as of yet. I purchased the QCN8026B system with 8 cameras from Costco. I paid a security system installer $1400 to install them outside around our 2800 st ft home. All cameras have been working and the HD system is still operating and recording. This was a really east plug-and-play system where the installers attached all cameras to the HD system and everything was great. I have no complaints as yet (8 months later). I did not have to contact Q-see support for anything. PS. I had used 4 cameras inside the house with the HD system for about 9 months prior to getting them installed outside. Still no issues

Jeff Bradford
April 24th, 2018 Crestline, CA DETAILS

What a horrible experience I have had with Qsee. First I was short one camera on the latest order I placed. When I called (3 times) I left messages. No Reply at all for over a week. Then I emailed twice. Still no reply at all. Only after filing a formal complaint with the BBB, did they still not communicate but they sent out a non functioning (as in broken) camera. So I have still not received what I paid for. And it would be nice if they had sales people that spoke English as a first language in stead of the heavily accented salesperson that I spoke to to make the order.

Maryayb
April 11th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love these when they work. It seems, however, that the cameras are a bit temperamental and some only work about 30% of the time.

Frederick Woodward
March 13th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

New update does not work. Can’t login remotely to view cameras anymore. They do not support equipment that is older than 2 years old. Horrible company and the worst product I have bought for my house... ever

dana k
March 7th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

The cameras are functional for our home use. the app update is terrible... I cannot figure out how to access or update the address to access my dvr remotely. When I pull up the app, the camera areas are blank... the support from Q See outside of the 2 year period is terrible and next to impossible to get a hold of.

Ed espinoza
March 6th, 2018 Pueblo, CO DETAILS

Has never worked for more than 5 or 6 hours. goes offline, get messages that there is no HDD available for recording, can’t reconnect to remote viewing. Etc. software is super clunky and inadequate (I am a software engineer) . Would not recommend this company to anyone.currently looking for a replacement product from other companies.

ralph
March 5th, 2018 Wilmington, CA DETAILS

i had no problem for a long time but all of a sudden i started hearing a beeping coming from the dvr it was rebooting and everytime it did that i could not access the cameras now i cant view my cameras via the App where i used to before on my iphone i don't know it i need to upgrade my box "dvr" im running q-see 5682 i have 8 cameras and would like more

Denis Carrier
February 26th, 2018 DETAILS

The cameras themselves have had issues I see common from day one (staying in night mode etc). The worst part is my cell phone bricked into a paperweight. Got a new phone and now i cannot access my cameras anymore. A call into tech support & they say "OH i see the problem. Pay us 150.00$$ and we will take control of your computer and fix it." ..... NOTHING on my computer, router, DVR etc changed. Only my phone. I have re set it up many times but now nothing will work. They want $$$ and nothing more.

Maria Alvarez
December 27th, 2017 Columbia, MD DETAILS

They have been hearing about their customers for months tomupdate their equipment and they could care less. Customers are saddled with pricey unusable cameras. Their customer revise is all the worst. They lie about their product and how,to fix it and won’t help their customers. I’ve been waiting for two return calls since October.

vernon
December 7th, 2017 Lake Havasu City, AZ DETAILS

I gave them 3 stars because they do have tec support. My problem is the android app. When it works right it good but it will only work good for 2 weeks or so then it will take longer and longer to connect. It just doesnt work right consistently. I have talked to support and they say they have a problem. Will they ever get it fixed right? Every thing else on my wi fi logs on fine. I hoped so much it would just work right.

manny
December 6th, 2017 Edison, NJ DETAILS

Camera and their software is not working as per my knowledge. When it takes snapshot and send to my email there is always no moving object in that snap. It send the frame without the moving objet. This camera can not send video clip of the moving object wither through email or text. There is no option for that. I have camera since 8 months. I have contacted Qsee support for 3 times and spent more than 12 hours.

Hazelramos
November 30th, 2017 Schenectady, NY

Qsee is a scam artist I bought home surveillance cameras and they stopped working before 3 months my computer says is a disk overload. I ask for my money back and they giving me the runaround

Nick Remake
November 2nd, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

At first I thought these cameras were great for the price. I've had the 8 camera system with 1tb hard drive for about a year now. Ever since about 3 months in one camera or another would get stuck in night mode and stay pink till I got home and reset the camera. Then about 8 months in. I can rarely connect to the app to view the cameras. They constantly say OFFLINE. Plus try to get anywhere with customer service. I'd rather wait at DMV. At least there I know I'll eventually get an answer. My opinion is stay away from QSee. DO NOT BUY CAMERAS or a CAMERA SYSTEM through QSee.

Andrea
October 27th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Going on our third DVR and every time there is an issue, we have to hire our Electricians to figure it out. A TV monitor must be connected to access the menu. Get with the program Q-See and allow a web-based menu, upgrade​ your technology and make quality products. Will be trashing our 6 cameras and DVR for something more reliable.

MIS
October 17th, 2017

Our company has been a long time customer of Q-See. Recently we had 4 identical DVR units, model QT5716, all fail with in 24 hours of each other. The units failed approximately 3 months out of the 2 year warranty. My frustration with Q-See begins at this point. First off, as an electronics manufacturer it is very uncommon for identical product to fail at almost the exact same time. So, I tried to figure out how to call Q-See to discuss this. My first attempt was the automated phone system that tells you to use chat if your units are more than 2 years old. Second, you can not use chat if you don't have an account. While I do, but that would not work. Figured out that if I call and respond my units are in warranty the phone is answered, but you have to cut the service agent off to try and get help on what you need. After multiple phone calls, emails and numerous chat sessions my final response was a note to send the products in for repair or buy new. The most insulating part of this run-a-round process is receiving responses saying that I did not respond to their questions when in fact I had answered them and asked that I be called by a supervisor to discuss the unusual failures and see if there was anything that could be done. If you consider this product except it for what it is - low cost, low quality and horrible customer service.

Chris
October 5th, 2017

If I could do it over I would have paid another $1000 so I wouldn't be pulling out my hair in 3 years... Their interface is CLUNKY and much more difficult than it needs to be to locate and play back video. Installation is fine and industry standard features were all there. One of the cameras I bought for my system arrived broken. DVR stopped working just out of warranty. They use cheap components that will break on you AND the cameras you bought for that system won't work with newer systems... so you will have to pay $400 to get your old broken DVR fixed or replace the entire thing after 3 years. For the price I paid I was hoping to get at LEAST 5 years out of the system. That's not too much to ask. Customer support is 100% outsourced to India. They do the best they can but it is VERY frustrating to call and they aren't very knowledgeable. They had me buy a new DVR that didn't even work with the cameras I told them I was using... poof, there goes 4 more hours of my time. I would have been pleased with the system if the components weren't so terrible. They probably could have spent $20 more for a decent power supply so that their mother boards actually last more than 3 years.

Winnie
October 4th, 2017

Doesn't work with the iPhone app. Waste of time with customer service. A terrible product.

anna
October 3rd, 2017

This is worse product, Never work even i paid labor to install. cost almost 4800, very bad company and bad production

James Scott
September 25th, 2017 Montverde, FL

I bought a QCA7207B camera from what I thought was a QSEE Reseller on eBay. When the camera began to turn blue on the monitor, I replaced it with another manufacture's camera and all was well. The problem began when I tried to get the bad camera replaced from QSEE. My lord what a process. The customer service dept. did everything they could to intimidate me into forgetting the complaint. They tried to berate my DVR and then the cable and then the power. All the while telling them that the camera did not work and was replaced with another and all was OK. This went on for two hours until a lady intervened there and said they were not going to do anything since the eBay company was not an authorized reseller. I did not know this when I bought the camera in good faith. The eBay seller was selling lots of surveillance equipment. I had even registered the camera with QSEE and provided the bill of sale. QSEE is the US importer and did not deny that they sold the camera originally. I have been doing this for about 35 years and work with many surveillance companies. But never anything like this. I would not have another cheap plastic item from QSEE if it was free.

john gwinn
September 22nd, 2017

worlds worst customer service. no chat service, no email, no phone support. impossible to contact them for advice or a problem

Eric Hacker
August 24th, 2017 Ooltewah, TN

I have a QS-494, but it just stopped working after less than 4 years. The status LEDs are blinking and like with any other electronics they will certainly provide a message, however Qsee's documentation is totally silent about any possible problems. Hence I decided to send an email (I have an account with Qsee) to their support dept, but there was simply no response. So I decided to try a 'chat' with their technical support team. I was told to be the first in line with nobody waiting and their average waiting time amounted to a little over 3+ minutes, it took however almost 10 minutes for somebody in India to reply. I explained my issues and their first question was: where and when did you buy the machine. When I explained that it was just under 4 years old their immediate response was: then it is out of warranty. When pressing for an answer concerning the status lights their only response was: the machine is not communicating and you have to send it in for repairs. Their confirmation email listed a initial charge of $ 75 for 'inspection' and subsequent charges of $ 100 - 300. I bought this QS-494 for around $ 200, hence I will not send it in for repairs. Qsee's way of handling after sales services is obviously abominable, not worthy of an American company.

David
July 31st, 2017 Bolton Landing, NY

Their app is a piece of crap. Constant problems and their recent update made it worse. Cannot even connect now.

Sheri McKee
June 8th, 2017 Phoenixville, PA

Don't buy any q-see products and expect any reasonable service. Our dvr was defective out of the box. The fan runs so loud we can't even sit in on its in. After an unacceptable amount of time on the phone and multiple supervisors they still refused to send me a new one until I sent the original back. We have 10 cameras connected to this and paid a lot of money to have it installed. Yet this company wants me to render my cameras useless while I ship the dvr back and wait for a replacement. Asking them to send the new one with a postage paid label is not an unreasonable request. Now I'm stuck with a piece of junk and in a position of having nothing to record if I send this back and wait for a replacement.

I see You
May 5th, 2017

I had my system up for 3+ years. Instructions are weak but phone support is good if you connect with the right person. If it appears difficult at the start hang up and try again. You will get another person that might know what you are talking about. The cameras have a 2 year warranty that I bought. It seems that at 1 year and 9 months they start getting glitchy. As soon as you notice this contact them and start a warranty claim. They are good about swapping out the cameras, even swapped one 3 months out of warranty. I did find that the cabling that comes with the camera is junk. I bought pro cabling and ends and made my own for any runs longer than 50 feet. Big improvement. Power supplies are weak too for the longer, 100 foot runs. They will send you a more powerful power supply if you explain your need. I had issues with the DVR and the viewing software but they did spend time with me to get it all working. Overall decent products for the money and when you get the right person on the phone they did cooperate to make it work and me happy. The online support sucks. Don't even try. Website useless. Most all products today are not what you think and support is my deciding factor on what I buy. I had fair treatment by Qsee and will buy it again when needed.

Fabio Poldo
April 19th, 2017 North Babylon, NY

I had a problem installing an extra camera, the costumer service is awful ! The lady that answered the phone had absolute no knowledge to answer technical questions.

Randy
March 6th, 2017

Within the 2-4 years ago I purchased the following Q-See products (not all at once) • Q-See QC808-461-1 8 Channel HD Digital NVR • Q-See QTN8020D 1080p HD Varifocal IP Dome Camera • Q-See QCN8010Z PTZ IP Camera • 4 Q-See HD 720p IP Bullet Cameras The NVR, dome camera and PTZ camera all stopped working. The QC808-461-1NVR had a bad CPU fan causing overheating and eventual failure. The QCN8010Z PTZ camera stopped connecting to the network and the QTN8020D stopped powering on. The only good news is all 4 bullet camera are still functioning although one camera is beginning to degrade (solid line appearing in the video) The initial quality seemed good on all devices. The aluminum camera enclosures seemed solid. No problems setting up the NVR. After about 8 months of use failures started and continued until now the only working Q-See components are the bullet cameras. On initial installation I had a question or two about configuration which Q-See Technical Support was adequate. When I sought Q-See help with the device problems their support was poor to non-existent. The last Technical Support interaction went like this: 1. Emailed Q-See Technical with a detailed description of the problem and activities done to help isolate the problem. 2. Received an email reply that “Q-See Tech Support Team for your issue since we need to take remote access to resolve this issue.” This is ironic because the problem with the camera is that it is not connecting to the network. 3. I called their Technical Support line and was in a queue waiting for a real person listening to an automated message stating “press 1 and a tech will get back to you”. After 40 minutes of waiting I gave up and decided to let the tech call back. They never did. Not that night or the next day. 4. I emailed tech support explaining the situation. They emailed back stating they can't help because they are the “chat team” and I have to call tech support again. Since I do not see the logic of repeating my efforts to call, only to be ignored, we had another volley of emails resulting in a stalemate. 5. After several days I get an email from Q-See stating since we have not heard from you we will consider this issue “SOLVED”. I replied back saying it's not resolved (in more dynamic language). I get a reply back stating “We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused, since we had a high call volume our experts were fully occupied. May I know the day so that I can arrange a call for you …”. Now we are getting somewhere, so I thought. I requested the call for the next day (Friday) within the last 2 hours of their work day. 6. Friday comes and goes with no call nor email from Q-See. Saturday evening at 11:30pm CST my wife and I were awaken by a call from Q-See technical support. Unbelievable! When I explained it was 11:30pm in Chicago the caller said he would call back but he would not give me a time. It's hard to imagine a tech support company could miscalculate time zones so badly and I truly believe they intentionally called at such an inconsiderate time. That was 6 days ago and since then I received another email from Q-See stating they consider this issue “SOLVED”. This particular incident has lasted almost 3 weeks and I'm not any closer to getting this resolved than when I first reported the problem.

Ron Flynn
February 22nd, 2017

Q See will not assist with any problems. I have tried through their on-line chat, Facebook, Customer Support e-mail and have never had a response. Terrible company, why Costco and Amazon would want to remain affiliated to them is beyond me.

JOSEPH
February 17th, 2017

I have bought two of these systems one for my business and one for my home both from Cosco, nothing but problems , hired professional installer , COSCO was no help both units were one problem after the other, this stuff is garbage and COSCO does not stand behind the product both are scam s. STAY AWAY FROM BOTH.

Mhercus
January 11th, 2017 Pomona, CA

System works great unless you have a 4k monitor. Q-See has not updated their app's and you can't see the app's icons. No fix available except downgrade to an older computer. Can't believe a tech company has decided not to stay up with the 4k technology, same people that use their equipment are also the one's using 4k screens.

shaula
December 7th, 2016

I purchased a Q-See camera system from Costco. I have had NOTHING but problems with the hard drive....NVR. I called for help to customer service four times and they said the hard drive was bad and to "unscrew it and disconnect those wires and reconnect them again." I could not open the hard drive at all. They expected me to do electrical work to their unit rather than send me one that works. If you value your hard earned money DO NOT BUY Q-SEE brand cameras. THEY ARE JUNK and you will not get any support. You WILL be expected to become an electrician and repair the unit though.

wes
December 1st, 2016

Had the system for about 3 years and started having problems. I called customer service and was told since the unit is over two years old they couldn't help me. Remote monitoring never really worked. If your buying a camera system I would look elsewhere, the customer service was terrible.

RL Cortina
November 11th, 2016 Ossining, NY

I have a QS4816 system that I purchased 3 years ago. It has been nothing but problems, and their customer service department is terrible. The QSee systems are not just plug and play, the ports have to be programmed. remote viewing is sporadic at best, you will spend more time setting it up and re-setting it than being able to view. One camera is already out, dvr is already broken, it started with a screeching sound, was advised by customer service to purchase a new ac adapter, did that, worked for one week now its down again. Customer service didn't even sell the ac adapter, they referred me to Amazon. Cannot buy a replacement DVR, I now have to buy the entire system again. Have had camera system at my prior home for 10 years error free defect free and it cost only 900 more. don't waste your money Qsee is JUNK>

Samuel Cain
September 9th, 2016 Houston, TX

This company have showed me nothing in the tearms of good service. The equipment is that of very poor quality. The system works when it's in the mood. I have call customer support so many times, I feel like I should be able to get a paycheck. The Bottom line is, depending on this system, I would be better off putting a security guard uniform on my neighbor's cat ( Monster ) and teaching him how to use my video recorder.

Martin Compton
January 14th, 2016 Indio, CA

I recently decided to get a 6 year old system operational so I contacted Q-See support because my accounts had become locked. Mike provided patient and detailed support over several days. Finally, he found the DVR firmware was out of date. Now, I am up and running with remote monitoring. I really appreciate support like that.

Avi Schwarcz
January 7th, 2016 Brownsville, TX

Maybe they were good 10 years ago. I do not recommend anyone from buying any product from Q-see. or Sams Club on line. I had nothing but problems with the QT5716 system. After only 14 weeks the DVR developed a defect with bad camera connectors and they refuse to acknowledge the issue. will not send a new one until the old one is sent to them what am I to do mean while sit with my thumb up my __s waiting for some lowlife to damage my place of business. get your sh_t together. will never again buy anything from Q-see and Sams Online.