Target Logo

8.8

Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

IKEA Logo
#1 IKEA chevron_right
Bed Bath And Beyond Logo
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

Target has upped its game with shifting towards more fashionable furniture and home decorations. I really do like target because I know I can always find things there for a reasonable price that are good quality. Some of the items are a little expensive for what they are worth and so that is why I am leaving off one star.

Ashley G Galura South Jordan, UT

They offer a wide variety of high quality products at overall good prices. My family and I have purchased things from clothing, to CDs, to greeting cards, to dish sets, to fresh popcorn. It's a great place to go to spruce up your wardrobe and keep it in the budget, or when it's school supply shopping time and you're counting on discounts but still want quality. Yet it's also eclectic enough that it's a go-to for special occasion items. For example, I would go here to find a birthday present for anyone at any age, and I would most likely find something cheap enough to fit my price range, but high quality enough to make me feel like I'm offering something of value.

MommaHarris Salt Lake City, UT

I love the return policy, especially with the pandemic it’s really helped unburden me. I’ve had lots of positive experiences with friendly staff as well, love how they give my toddler a sticker at checkout

Susan Brown Burlington, NC

At one time i would have given Target 5 stars in spite of the fact that their selection was very bad. Their prices are good sometimes better than Walmart and Amazon. Then they got ship it. No way would i pay $10 a month for something i would rarely use. They started taking items out of shipping and moving it to Ship it. I do still buy from Target but not as often as before

Lane Peters Lindon, UT

I shop at Target and am always pleased at the cleanliness of stores. The items they sell are trendy and of good quality. They make as great effort to get customers through the check out lines quickly. Their tv commercials are pleasant also.

Jeremy Brown Riverton, UT

I can find basically everything at Target. I love it. It has clothes, toys, and furniture. The services are great, they are really friendly and are always in a good mood. But some of the clothes and toys I think are really high prices.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

Target has really stepped up their game over the last ten years. Their home decor and furniture is some of the cutest around. I really like finding affordable pieces that are cute and trendy. I have the target debit card so I always get 5% off my shopping. Target is a great place for one stop shopping.

Sav Flo

Target literally has anything you need! The quality of the products are also pretty average and the prices are great too! I am always pleased with the purchases I make at Target especially when it come to be a new school year, the school supplies are marked at a great price value.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

My family loves Target, we use them for so many things. I think their furniture is super cute and has seemed to be great quality. Some of our things have lasted for years. They have kind of a small selection, but it's very cute and modern. My granddaughters love the bedroom set I got them.

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

Love the ambiance at Target. We have a Super Target nearby and its super convenient! We love being able to go even really late at night and how it can cover a wide range of things we could need. They charge slightly more than say, a Walmart, but it's not very significant. Personally, I still like going to both, but I find it impressive that Target has been able to thrive even while charging more on pretty much everything. Maybe it's higher quality on some things?

Michelle Hawker Las Vegas, NV

I shop at Target often. I love how it feels (clean and happy), I love their merchandise (clothing, furniture, party goods) I do get frustrated by their return policy and I am not thrilled with their food section. I feel their prices are a little high on food and sundries, and wait to purchase those elsewhere. Nonetheless, it remains my "go to" store.

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

I have bought many items from here for my home. They are reasonably prices and made of good quality. Many items I bought 10 years ago I still have and they are still in good condition!

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Target always has everything that I need from toiletries to food to clothes, even furniture! I find them to be a little more on the expensive side. The quality is still good and they do offer good deals at times.

Eric San Diego, CA

Target is not bad for furniture but it is a bit pricier than a few of it's competitors. With that being said, the book shelf I purchased from them was fantastic. Target customer service is also fantastic.

Blake Wilcox Salt Lake City, UT

I use Target for everything. Their furniture, home and kitchen sections always have great options for a great price. I know that I can always get affordable and cute stuff from Target without spending a ton of money.

Chelsea Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I love that Target provides options for those on a budget and more expensive pieces. Despite having a small amount of money to spend, I am always able to find something in style and nice for my home.

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

Target always has the decorations I’m looking for. They’re on trend, quality products, and always super cute!! I always check the dollar section first because there’s usually some good deals in there, some decorations or furniture can be a little pricey, but you definitely get your money’s worth and you know it’ll last.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

The only thing I like about Target is the furniture and home selections. Bought some beautiful baskets for my storage cabinet and they were high quality. When one was delivered at the wrong size, customer service quickly took care of it and got me the right one.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

Their furniture is a step up from Walmart but for sure not a high-quality furniture store. Most of it you put together. In saying that when my daughter went to college she bought a lot of cute stuff from there and she has loved it. It is about first home buying quality. The staff is super friendly and helpful

KC Riverton, UT

We bought a few furniture pieces for our kids' rooms at Target. They've been pretty good for the kids, but a one of the chairs has really worn down (the screws are coming out and are probably stripped). Still, it was a good price, nice looking and lasted long enough that I think it was a good purchase.

Sarah Kaysville, UT

Target is where I went for all of my college furniture because it was all cheap, cute, and you payed for what you got. It wasn’t the nicest stuff out there, but it was just what I need for college. I recommend getting anything and everything from target!

Liana Colorado Springs, CO

I buy my bookshelves here. They are CHEAP, and the kind that will not last a move, but when you need something inexpensive and trendy looking that you don't mind tossing in the garbage on your next move, this is the place to go. Great for students.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We purchased a small desk for my daughter when she began her college pursuits. It has lasted more than 5 years moving from apartment to apartment. I really like all the small pieces of furniture you can purchase to make your dorm room seem unique and special. Way to go Target. You continue to impress me.

Elyse Bradley Provo, UT

I'm a target fan, I'll admit. While they're prices can sometimes be a little higher, I've never had a quality problem or customer service problem. The lines are always reasonable and when I recently returned an item, it was completely hassle-free. I go here for all my house needs, but often grocery-shop elsewhere due to price.

Natalie Dillon Provo, UT

I have been very impressed with the quality and selection of furniture and home goods. It impressed me because they aren't technically a home store, but I can still find what I want when I shop for home goods there. The prices are usually very reasonable as well.

Julie Firkins Orem, UT

i enjoy shopping at target the stores are set up nicely they are clean they have a lot of variety the only department i can rarely find what i'm looking for is shoes

Lindsay H. Draper, UT

Target has a wide variety of product with helpful customer service and easy returns. However, whenever I have purchased something online, shipping has not been very fast.

Maile Curtis Salt Lake City, UT

Target is the best! I love shopping there, and their furniture section is great. My family and I got a lot of furniture and home decor from there and we love our cute home.

Denise H. Mona, UT

i like the variety of things Target offers and they have good prices, and fairly good quality. My favorite things to purchase at Target are home goods.

Ellie Cheyenne, WY

While targets selection is far smaller than a lot of other furniture stores, it’s options are stylish and well made. I know I can trust the couches, chairs, etc. I purchase there without losing my homes aesthetic.

Morgan Elijah Tallahassee, FL

Almost everything in my home I have purchased from target. The prices are a bit expensive but the items are so cute and durable. Their shipping prices are fantastic as well and I love that they offer in store pickup.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

Target was the best place for me to shop for my dorm before I started college. They had everything I needed from decorations, to furniture, to school supplies all at a fair price.

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

target is great because not only does it carry basically everything you'll ever need it also carries some luxury brands which are really nice. targets are also everywhere so its really convent to be a target shopper

Aaliyah Lobendahn Orem, UT

Service is great! The people there always have a smile on their faces and always know how to help me with my current needs. I love shopping there because we always find things quickly there because it’s very organized

Kbr Pleasant Grove, UT

I love targets products which seem a big step up from Walmart but still isn’t like the expensive brands. Their designs are also really cute for bathrooms kitchens and bedrooms.

Erika Shumway Managua, MN

Target doesn't have a huge variety of home and furniture supplies. The few they do have are very stylish. They offer good prices and sometimes have good promotions through their app.

Destini Ferguson

Target is a lot more expensive than others stores with the similar products. However, they do provide a large variety of cute things. I shopped at Target for my dorm room and was defiantly satisfied.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Super stylish and trendy, but the price tag is higher than I'd like sometimes. But their furniture looks like it comes right out of a magazine, and I love the rustic pieces I find there.

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

Target has a decent selection of home furniture like TV stands, ottomans, tables and desks. It would be nice if they carried a larger selection of sofas in stores to choose from.

AK Riverton, UT

I have a few home pieces from Target. I think the smaller items like docor and organization are great from target. We bought a big cube shelf that we fill baskets full of toys - love it.

Miles Strother American Fork, UT

Target's pretty good when it comes to home decorations and furniture, especially compared to other supermarkets, but I find the prices are a bit higher compared to others, although they do make it up by having good quality.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Target for their baby furniture and supplies. They have a good assortment and I can usually find whatever I need at a fair price. Really easy to return things if we need to.

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

I love target for their price and quality of furniture. They have a lot of staple pieces that could work in any home. I bought a bunch of items for my daughters dorm room and she loves them

Virginia Rosenthal Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the options and colors for home decor. It's always easy to find something that matches my home color scheme. I do with the quality/material was a little bit better but the pricing is great so I can't complain.

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

I bought a table for my deck a few years ago and it has held up nicely in all kinds of weather. It is something I would purchase again. I also find that Target carries items that are on trend and are great quality.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I love Target. It's always a step about Wal Mart. Very clean and well organized with a great selection of items to pick from. Recommend highly.

B. Murphy Oak Park, IL

Had a great furniture line; purchased about 5 pieces in 2014. Unfortunately they no longer carry that collection, but still have a few nice designs.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae) Riverton, UT

I love the toys at Target! They literally have everything! I love that I can use my red are to save and that i can always see weekly discounts as well.

Zabsanti Silverhill, AL

I love target's variety and their customer service. I bought a couch 5 years ago from them and it is a very good quality couch. Its kept up its time and still holds up.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

The furniture which we purchased at Target was of great quality. They had a nice sized selection, not to big as to overwhelm. The price was competitive.