Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

#1 IKEA chevron_right
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Dane robertson

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were registered at target for our wedding. I couldn’t have thought of a better place. They had everything, and more!!!!

Curtis Garner

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

Nice store, but the prices are an embarrassment. They carry the same products as a Walmart or Kmart, but at a much higher price. Too many dollars have been spent only to have a fancy red circle on the same product.

Sarah

June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is where I went for all of my college furniture because it was all cheap, cute, and you payed for what you got. It wasn’t the nicest stuff out there, but it was just what I need for college. I recommend getting anything and everything from target!

Emily Walker

June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love all the cute furniture that target has. It is one of my favorite stores to look at when decorating.

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love target. I don't buy a ton of furniture from them, but I love their decor and accent items.

Kimberly LeBaron

June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is awesome for home decor. They have lots of cute stuff for a good price! And what I love about Target is that even though it’s affordable, they don’t skip out on quality. You can find great stuff. Customer service is good and returns are easy as well.

Dale L Farmer

June 6th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been pleased with the pictures and furniture that we bought. Just what we wanted

Tracy Hill

June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love target for their price and quality of furniture. They have a lot of staple pieces that could work in any home. I bought a bunch of items for my daughters dorm room and she loves them

Beth Farmer

June 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is THE place to go for affordable/good quality trendy and modern home decor and furniture. They have amazing brands like Project 62 that constantly provide trendy and beautiful items for your home. Rugs, lamps, wall decor, vases, faux plants, chairs. You name it they have it and it's going to be adorable!

Liana

May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I buy my bookshelves here. They are CHEAP, and the kind that will not last a move, but when you need something inexpensive and trendy looking that you don't mind tossing in the garbage on your next move, this is the place to go. Great for students.

Julie Kincaid

May 28th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love target. I just ordered some bedding from them this week, and it was delivered for free to my door. This is great because I live in a small town in Alaska, with no Target here. Their website is beautiful and easy to use, and when I do visit a store several times a year, it is always a fun experience. Their employees are very nice and helpful too. I will continue to shop with them. I will also say that I love their redcard program (I have it attached to my debit card) because I get an additional 5 percent off everything. That really adds up!

Anne Sainsbury

May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is one of my go-to stores for home decor. Recently I have purchased throw blankets, kitchen decor, wedding gifts, and clothes from there and have loved every one of them! They are cute, and trendy, and they fit in the space that we want them to! Overall, great purchases that I would recommend to others!

Alyssa skinner

May 24th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love target and all the options they have!! It’s a one stop shop. There products are always good quality and that but aren’t expensive!

Virginia Rosenthal

May 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the options and colors for home decor. It's always easy to find something that matches my home color scheme. I do with the quality/material was a little bit better but the pricing is great so I can't complain.

Elisa Vakapuna

May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has everything want and need for any occasion! We love target so much!

BLF

May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a table for my deck a few years ago and it has held up nicely in all kinds of weather. It is something I would purchase again. I also find that Target carries items that are on trend and are great quality.

Reese

May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought furniture and home stuff from Target many times and they have helped me set up a child's student apartment for college many times. They have very fashionable and popular items that are fun to use and have.

Karrie

May 15th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought multiple desks and shelves from Target and am happy with the quality even though that isn't why I purchased them. I enjoy going to Target to see what new products they have to offer. Just a bonus to what I already love about Target.

Ashley

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We purchased a small desk for my daughter when she began her college pursuits. It has lasted more than 5 years moving from apartment to apartment. I really like all the small pieces of furniture you can purchase to make your dorm room seem unique and special. Way to go Target. You continue to impress me.

Mallory

May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a chair online and it was perfect. It was delivered faster than originally estimated and looked exactly like its picture.

Jen Paxman

February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All of my kitchen chairs and barstools are from Target. I absolutely love them and get compliments on them all of the time. They were so much less expensive than other brands. They have held up so well and I have absolutely no complaints about them.

Myah Smith

February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I often don’t find what I am looking for at Target. And if I do, it is usually overpriced. I’d recommend going somewhere else.

Tanner Cook

December 17th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target always has everything that I need from toiletries to food to clothes, even furniture! I find them to be a little more on the expensive side. The quality is still good and they do offer good deals at times.

Ernie C

December 12th, 2018 Cresco, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TERRIBLE TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SUPPORT FOR ONLINE ORDERS!!! The in-store experience at Target is always excellent, but Heaven help you if you ever need assistance with on order placed online! Target’s telephone customer service for online orders is absolutely pathetic! You will wait on the phone FOREVER to reach a live voice, only to find out that the live voice cannot speak English well enough to be understood! That’s because they answer in the Philippines (outsourcing is an insult to workers here in the USA), and to make things even worse, the phone reps are poorly trained! It took three tries to finally get through to a “specialist” (the reps pretend there are no supervisors present). On the first two calls the reps hung up when we asked for a supervisor because we simply could not understand their broken English. When we did reach the specialist on the third try, she lied and did not follow through on what she promised to do. All in all, a total of THREE HOURS was wasted on the phone with Target’s phone customer NON-service! We were forced to go to the store in person for face-to-face customer service. At the store, a pleasant young man named Kyle gave us excellent service. Kyle was efficient, courteous, and quickly rectified the problem. Thank you, Kyle. We were about ready to stop using Target forever because of the absolutely horrible experience we had with that attempted online order. Shame on Clarissa, that online specialist who did not follow through on the promises she made on the phone, and shame on the three individuals on the phone who preceded her – the three who most obviously did not care at all. Our shipment had to be delivered to the store (instead of to our home address) in order to get the two $5.00 Target gift cards. Even though we clearly selected our local store in Pennsylvania, the order wound up being delivered to Minnesota instead! What should have been an easy fix with the very first person involved on the phone turned into a painfully long ordeal! But no one on the phone cared enough to fix the problem correctly - not even that lying "specialist" Clarissa! So, "two thumbs up," and many kudos to Kyle at the Stroudsburg, PA store for quickly and properly taking care of us. In fact, it is only because of Kyle’s excellent customer service that we will now continue to shop at Target stores (we have been long-term customers) - but NEVER, ever will we consider placing an online order again at target.com.

Eric

November 26th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is not bad for furniture but it is a bit pricier than a few of it's competitors. With that being said, the book shelf I purchased from them was fantastic. Target customer service is also fantastic.

Shari Evers

September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just bought storage cubes from Target to put by my doors for shoes. They were really easy to put together and seem pretty durable!

Lesa Burgess

August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Target's selection & the lines that they carry. The only thing that is hard about Target is trying not to spend too much money!

Diana Melnyk

June 25th, 2018

Love to shop at Target when I visit the USA. We had one in our city here in Canada a few years back but it didn't do well and closed. I love the selection and great prices.

Brayden D.

June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has always been a favorite grocery store for many people. It is very costumer friendly and it always has what we need.

Joanna Hester

June 18th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed some new outdoor patio furniture so I headed to Target. I lucked out because all their outdoor patio furniture was half off! I got a great table and chairs for half of what I went in there expecting to pay.

Sadie Scoville

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love how target always has new shipments of clothes. There is never the same stuff there and I love how they always keep up with the style and know what the people want.

Tom

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

They have a very good selection of functional furniture that is at a good price, but still stylish and of good quality.

Kristin

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Target has surprisingly a pretty good variety of home furniture for the office, kitchen , bedrooms and living rooms.

Amelia Gibson

June 7th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping here, they have so many fun, affordable options.

Paige Crawley

June 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The target near us just got remodeled and it looks great but they don't seem to have as much furniture as they used to. However, I have loved the quality of all the furniture I've bought in the past.

Martha Sensiba

June 5th, 2018 Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Target. Their products are easy to find and they always have what I'm looking for.

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love target! Best stuff for the lowest prices.

Nana Asiata

May 31st, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has the cutest furniture and other room decor things. They also have cheaper bed covers.

Lynette Fowler

May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love this company for all that they sell and the quality and variety that is offered.

H Moore

May 31st, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've bought small furniture items at Target and love the quality & price.

Bella Houtz

May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has a great selection of clothes and it great for all ages. We love what target has to offer!

Ashley

May 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at target because they literally have everything you need! From stylish clothing to some Oreos you can get anything you want.

Bella Houtz

May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is a great store for clothing for any age. We love what Target has to offer.

Noelle

May 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Target! Love the things you can buy there!

Stacy

May 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the clothes and home goods. I don't like the look of the stores though. They feel low class and dirty to me. Maybe it's just the locations near me. I never bought food there. The prices are too high and I can get better quality produce elsewhere. I don't shop there though anymore due to personal reasons.

Jessica Officer

May 16th, 2018 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always clean and well stocked with everything I need.

Elyse Bradley

May 3rd, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a target fan, I'll admit. While they're prices can sometimes be a little higher, I've never had a quality problem or customer service problem. The lines are always reasonable and when I recently returned an item, it was completely hassle-free. I go here for all my house needs, but often grocery-shop elsewhere due to price.

Vicki A Michaels

May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have only bought the cheaper products. They look nice.

Don

May 2nd, 2018 Montegut, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has a good variety of products and a good range of quality of products. You can find what you are looking for no matter your budget.

Isa

May 2nd, 2018

Target is amazing! Honestly whenever I can I'll go just to get practically anything!