Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

#1 IKEA chevron_right
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Kl

October 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the new look of all target stores. Easy flow. I always find what I am looking for and seem to always find assistance when needed.

Desi

October 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Target. Whenever I have something I need to get last minute, I go to Target. Target has sooo much stuff and I can stay in that place forever! And there are such good deals there!!

October 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My nephew loves the colorfully collections available for his bedroom. It seems aunt Julie is always a sucker at Christmas time on buying something that mom and dad just can’t seem to allow themselves.

bailey jo

October 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We go to Target all the time and the majority of our home decor is from Target. Great selection and love the pricing.

Shauna Smith

October 14th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am an interior designer and often can find numerous quality accessories for projects in the home and accessory sections. Nice selection and great prices. Appreciate the designer brands Target has partnered with.

Javier hernandez

October 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Clean and organized good price and quality nice staff

Johanna Grant

October 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I furnished a studio apartment for my mother; about 80% came from Target. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the items I ordered. If you don't mind using a screwdriver (attaching legs to a chair, for example) you can get decent quality for a reasonable price. Shop the web site, read the reviews and understand you pretty much get what you pay for. Easy to make returns to store if need be.

Lauren Ashley

October 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Accent furniture for my new office love the choose

Jen Paris

October 11th, 2019 Concord, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What's not to love about Target! I love that it really is a one stop shop. Items are generally easy to find, and the selection is good.

ave

October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has some of the latest and most stylish home furnishings out there. They are always keeping up with the trends and they are great quality too at an affordable price. I love shopping at Target!!!

Amy Boren

October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a chair for my daughters room. It is good quality and I love the color and style.

Zac Marx

October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has super high quality furniture, but its a little more pricey. I love the designs of the the furniture and the customization available.

kristin Gneiting

October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love that I live close to Target because it is one of my favorite places to shop for my kitchen needs in the home. I love the price, but what I love more is the quality of kitchen dishes and pans that I have bought over the years. I love it when someone is registered at Target for their wedding because the process is so simple in buying for our friends and I know they are getting great quality.

April

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have always had great experiences at target! They have a wide variety of products, and everything there is of great quality! The website is easy to navigate, and I am always satisfied with what I buy there

Miles Strother

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target's pretty good when it comes to home decorations and furniture, especially compared to other supermarkets, but I find the prices are a bit higher compared to others, although they do make it up by having good quality.

Jill Olsen

October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like their furniture quality for the price, they keep up with current trends and I also like the magnolia line.

Ellen Morris

October 4th, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is easily one of my favorite stores to shop. I love that I can go there for anything, whether it be household appliances, food/groceries, toiletries, etc.. Also their prices are always cheaper - sometimes even better than Walmart!!

Jaime

October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is a great place to get trendy items for a great price. They're not as high quality as other furniture stores, but they don't look cheap, and for the price you pay, I think they are great. And it allows to switch out every few years if wanted. I got some end table recently that look high end, but without the high price tag.

Garrett Mingus

October 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Me and my wife registered to target and only target for our wedding and it was the best decision that I have ever made. We got 99% of everything we needed for our new home there. They make it so easy to return things it is great! We have a rug, ottoman, pillows, towels, and bedding from here and I have no complaints, they are all great!

Susan Brown

October 2nd, 2019 Burlington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At one time i would have given Target 5 stars in spite of the fact that their selection was very bad. Their prices are good sometimes better than Walmart and Amazon. Then they got ship it. No way would i pay $10 a month for something i would rarely use. They started taking items out of shipping and moving it to Ship it. I do still buy from Target but not as often as before

Phyllis Hecht

October 2nd, 2019 Lincoln, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy going to Target. They have something for everything. If I need something Target usually has it. Been around for years. Good service.

Aliza Henline

September 30th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how target has a lot of unique and minimal designs so that there is something for everyone. Even the target brand stuff is great!

Kristiane R Durfey

September 27th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Target for their baby furniture and supplies. They have a good assortment and I can usually find whatever I need at a fair price. Really easy to return things if we need to.

Madison Scott

September 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping for my home at Target. You get cute designs and you don't have to spend a fortune.

Helen Macfarlane

September 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is my favorite place to look for up-to-date decorations for both my home and office. Love it!

Hally Bellary

September 16th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Targets furniture is actually super cute and pretty sturdy. It seems like it would last for a long time, the pieces I've gotten have been good for me.

Joy Hill

September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has a lot of nice furniture and it is all pretty good quality. The customer service is great too.

Campbell Blair

September 4th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is easily the cutest store ever! I loved the desk I have from there, wasn't too expensive either.

Scotlynn Blair

August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Cute stuff, maybe a little bit on the pricier side of things. I just feel like you can find cute stuff thats very similar for a better price

Ameerah5710

August 22nd, 2019 St Louis, MO

Target.com online allows easy access to purchase online items with your stolen credit card. My Visa card was stolen and the thieves utilize my card to purchase items on target.com online. When I called Target.com online, the customer service agent told me that anyone can purchase items on target.com online as long as they have a credit card number and a three digit code on the back of the card. The thieves did not use my correct address, name, or my correct ZIP Code. I’m thinking the thieves knew that target.com allows these easy purchases with stolen credit card because they did not attempt to use my stolen credit card on any other websites.

Sage Robertson

August 11th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The furniture I have found at target have always been some of the best quality products that I own. They have lasted many years and still look great! I love Targets furniture section!

Tracy Womack

August 5th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is the best place to find your Home goods! They have the best prices and a variety of styles to choose from.

Mazi Marcel Womack

July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is the best. You can always find great quality and good priced furniture there.

Keeli Hansen

July 15th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has great furniture and everything you need. they make it so easy to shop.

Paige Baldwin

July 8th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is the best! They have always have amazing product selection for a very affordable price.

Megan trauba

July 5th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Target. It has everything that I need. They have such cute clothes and home decor. I go there very often.

Rachel Ellsworth

July 1st, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is the best! They have everything you need for your home whether you’re a poor college student, a mom with many kids, or living alone. Their prices are very reasonable and their quality is pretty good!

Rylie Crandall

June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always have good experiences with Target and their home furniture. Their packaging makes it easy to transport out of the store and build it right at home.

Jason

June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is a great furniture store because they always have everything I'm looking for and I like how they inform you of sales and deals.

Courtney Eames

June 24th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the home appliances at target. With the furniture you pay for what you are getting so really cheap but not great quality.

Lilly

June 21st, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I had my first baby this where I got everything to decorate her room. I love pretty much everything at target especially the home goods. They always have the cutest new styles and it’s nice furniture and decorations but not extremely expensive.

Kaitlin Ashcroft

June 20th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just moved into a new house and was looking for new home decor. I was able to find so many items at target. I love their new magnolia line!! Will be going back for more!

Samie Cummings

June 19th, 2019 Ephraim, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is my favorite! They have very high quality products, and the customer service is always good.

Haley Baldwin

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Targets home section. It is so affordable and they have the cutest things. I could spend hours roaming around and looking at all they other. Their staff is helpful in finding what you need.

Christina

June 13th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great stylish furniture at an affordable price! I have purchased several items here and plan to continue purchasing more in the future.

Sierra Beck

June 11th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought a lot of my bedroom decor from Target and it just looks so cute. I love the aesthetic of their brands. I walk down the isle and always find something that I like; and I like that their prices are good.

Nicole LeBaron

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has definitely improved their furniture/home department. I love that they have the Joanna Gaines collection as well. I found great pieces from Target!

Nicholas

June 11th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

The furniture there have more color selections than other stores making it a great option for shopping there.

Holly Schafer

June 11th, 2019 Forest Grove, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like target but I’m disappointed with their size of selection when it comes to home goods. Their selection use to be bigger and better quality

Hannah Francis

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TARGET IS MY VERY FAVORITE STORE. If you want cute and affordable items this is the place to shop. I never leave Target disappointed.