Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

#1 IKEA chevron_right
#3 Costco Home chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Michael
April 16th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Cleaner then Wal-Mart. And not as busy.

Anne Marie Milne
April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

My daughter did her wedding registry here and loved it. We have shopped here for a lot of years as well. Such good quality things and lovely selection. I would recommend to anyone. There are a lot of different options so anyone can find something they need!

Landon Robison
April 11th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

My wife and I bought a lot of our stuff from Target when we got married. We also used their wedding registry and got great stuff. They are high quality so we know it is always worth the money to buy at Target. Also, we got some duplicate things from Target from our wedding and they were very good at letting us return everything even though we didn't have receipts.

Spencer Goodworth
April 9th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Bought most of the stuff for my apartment here. Love it all.

Charlotte Ash
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

They do not provide very good customer service!!!

Suzanna Wootton
December 18th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS

Absolutely love target! I love everything i've bought from there! It is generally a bit pricier than other places but I only go there for things that only target carries.

Laura
December 18th, 2017 Herriman, UT DETAILS

We bought a couple chairs from them. The chairs worked out well. It is easy to order. You can have it ship to the store for free. Great quality!

Chris Wootton
December 18th, 2017 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Ok company to work with good product value.

Randy Thurgood
December 15th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love shopping at Target everyone there is always so willing to help you. And there products are all high quality.

Hannah
December 14th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I am pretty sure target can read my mind. They are always ahead of the curve with anterior design and homeware. I always see things I want there that I did not know existed. Everything is always affordable, which is really bad (for my bank account).

Sherry Wootton
December 12th, 2017 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Returns can be a problem at times. Prices are high and not able to find items interested in.

Lindsey
December 11th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I think Target furniture is cute, but isn't meant to last. If you want something cheap that won't last, then this is a good option for you!

Cassidy Gundersen
December 11th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Target has some of the cutest and most trendy decor and household items. Their stuff is pretty good quality and affordable as well. We have been able to utilize sales on their website to get things for over 50% off. We often get compliments on our decor items from Target! It is one of our favorite affordable furniture and decor companies.

Hayley Lambdin
November 7th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I just live 5 min away from Target and it has everything I need! However, their customer service can be really terrible sometimes. Whether that be returning something or needing help, it's just not that great.

Kanwaljeet
July 5th, 2017

False promises, incorrect information, damage and wrong product and shit class customer service, specially with the sales agent name DINU on dominion road, No body to followup until u get in touch with manager, This agent seems to be only want customers to swap their card no matter what it takes him to do, after you have paid money he is not their to respond you. always telling lies about the product and delivery. I end up spending $2600 for king size bed, which was the most expensive bed in store its been now around 2 months still I am roaming around to get my complete stuff, my delivery date was 10th of June, however got my bed base replaced 3 time because of manufacturing defect third time i was bit stubborn and want delivery guys to stay until i finish installation and one of the leg was missing which we have to take from old bed other wife bed base would still not be completed. Mattress got delivered on 2nd of July and headboard is still missing as they made it of different color. Still waiting for their response don't know how much time will it take.

Julie Firkins
June 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

i enjoy shopping at target the stores are set up nicely they are clean they have a lot of variety the only department i can rarely find what i'm looking for is shoes

Breanna Jones
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Target has really stepped up their game over the last ten years. Their home decor and furniture is some of the cutest around. I really like finding affordable pieces that are cute and trendy. I have the target debit card so I always get 5% off my shopping. Target is a great place for one stop shopping.

Blake Wilcox
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I use Target for everything. Their furniture, home and kitchen sections always have great options for a great price. I know that I can always get affordable and cute stuff from Target without spending a ton of money.

Lindsay H.
June 12th, 2017 Draper, UT

Target has a wide variety of product with helpful customer service and easy returns. However, whenever I have purchased something online, shipping has not been very fast.

Kenneth Okerlund
June 8th, 2017

Really good quantity and quality of products, pretty decently priced as well. Sales/Deals are usually really good too.

Sav Flo
June 8th, 2017

Target literally has anything you need! The quality of the products are also pretty average and the prices are great too! I am always pleased with the purchases I make at Target especially when it come to be a new school year, the school supplies are marked at a great price value.

Susan Stewart
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

My family loves Target, we use them for so many things. I think their furniture is super cute and has seemed to be great quality. Some of our things have lasted for years. They have kind of a small selection, but it's very cute and modern. My granddaughters love the bedroom set I got them.

Maile Curtis
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Target is the best! I love shopping there, and their furniture section is great. My family and I got a lot of furniture and home decor from there and we love our cute home.

Denise Huber
June 2nd, 2017 Mona, UT

i like the variety of things Target offers and they have good prices, and fairly good quality. My favorite things to purchase at Target are home goods.

Quen Wilson
June 1st, 2017 Ogden, UT

We found a great coffee table at Target and it was on clearance. It was exactly what we were wanting, and it has held up great ever since we bought it. I highly recommend Target!

Aubrey Rentschler
June 1st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Reasonably priced and good quality furniture.

Chelsea Stewart
June 1st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love that Target provides options for those on a budget and more expensive pieces. Despite having a small amount of money to spend, I am always able to find something in style and nice for my home.